Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Leave Phaedra alone if she doesn’t want to get remarried, damn. She doesn’t have to!

I agree... except that's the whole premise of the show. Phaedra does not belong.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I really want to like Toya but she makes it so hard!  Nothing Eugene does is ever good enough for her.  Seriously, whaat does SHE bring to the marriage?

Oh, Dr. Heavenly, please go away.  Forever.  That cackle drives me crazy.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I wanted to tell Toya to shut up! She complained about having to stay in her nice house with her husband cooking for her.  He takes her out for a nice meal prepared in front of them and she complains about that too. She is quite the complainer considering she gets to stay home and doesn’t do anything but look for new homes and now give her opinion on wine.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Heavenly is such a nasty vile cackling idiot. She dares to invoke the name of Jesus Christ when she acts and looks like the devil's own degenerate old demon.  Making up some crazy storyline about her sister. Just go away, Big Nasty. 🤮

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Making up some crazy storyline about her sister.

Did production tell Alaura to have that conversation? Because that’s not one I’d have had with my mother at 18. It’s a little too “grown folks business.”

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 1/15/2024 at 12:32 PM, Empress1 said:

Catching up. Sweet Tea said Jackie and Heavenly are old and out of touch, but did she forget her husband is their contemporary? Also age-shaming sucks - if we’re lucky, we get to grow old. Better than the alternative!

Leave Phaedra alone if she doesn’t want to get remarried, damn. She doesn’t have to!

Simone (who looks great) was a guest on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live after that episode, and said that she is Gregory's age, but Sweet Tea seems to forget that, and age shame the women. And most of the women look better than ST, even if they are older. They are also more intelligent, educated, and interesting than her. 

I see that Sweet Tea wears expensive designer items now that she is with Gregory. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6

I can’t stand Gregory rubbing his belly saying he was hungry and then that statement about being delayed in having kids.  I know ST signed up to be a trad wife, but he’s annoying.  That was a ton of meat sauce.

Also I can’t with the many careers of Phaedra.  Hopefully it will never be doula since she can’t calculate due dates. 

• Fire 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Simone (who looks great)

She does. Not sure what’s different, and I’ve always thought she was pretty, but there’s something about her this season - she looks really good.

• Like 8

Jackie's commercial made me want to 🤮.

I loved the husbands' responses to the African man saying 'men need to take back control.' Dude kept repeating it & the other men shot him down repeatedly. He didn't seem to get it. I wonder if he'll be back.

• Like 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I enjoyed this episode.  No big drama, just little snippets of their lives.  I have RHOP on but I’m barely watching.

I could have done without hearing about Dr. Simone's sons' perceived sexual habits.  I cringed every time she said semen.  It's just more than I want to know about them.  However, her conversation with Toya had me screaming at the screen!  Toya really needs to be taken down a peg or two.  She's spoiled and doesn't realize how blessed she is to have a husband like Dr. Eugene.  I wonder how he feels watching this episode and hearing how unappreciative she is.  She doesn't deserve him.  

I guess every episode from now on will have Dr. Jackie bringing up her FaceTime with the Vice President.  She's milking it for everything it's worth.

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Did we ever hear a real answer as to why Toya doesn't plan a few more of these date nights?  Like many of you, I a completely unsympathetic about Toya's plight.  Can you imagine being taken to South Carolina and having to listen to some of the history of Charleston or Savannah on a horse drawn carriage?  The nerve.  

I love Dr. Simone but I really don't care about her sons and their steps toward independence.  Everybody keeps smiling so I assume all is well.

Laughing at swankies comment above regarding Jackie and the Veep.  Yep!

• Like 7

Oh, also wanted to add the show ran the gamut of political correctness--Transgender?  Check.  Pro-choice?  Check.  Obesity and ozempic?  Check.  Black maternal/fetal health?  Check.  BTW, I would have liked to have seen the final PSA; I think I'll google it.  I'm not saying I'm bothered by it or disagree on the points of view presented, I'm saying I noticed it.

Back to obesity...Get on this scale and it calculates your age?!?  BTW, I have one too and I'm "23" so bite me Dr. Jackie. [I don't take the calculations other than weight seriously]  But why would a physician mention her "age" to a morbidly obese patient?  Or WHO would do that?  Dr. Jackie, you're losing me here.

• Like 9

Toya sitting around in her all designer everything, adding shots of tequila to her drink complaining about her husband taking her on a horrible trip South Carolina for her bday because it was 'too historical' was just ughhhhckkkkckcc 

Also listening to Heavenly fumble and stumble over the highest 'baturtle matality rate' was not my fave.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Not only does Dr Eugene plan what I think are lovely dates,  but he’s also a champion of women and understands the disparities between men and women in the work force, etc. 

She does not deserve him.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Something's been nagging at me.

May I please ask a question? Like Dr. Jackie, I am child-free (shade 😎); so please help me understand. Regarding Dr. Jackie's real life comments about pregnant women exaggerating their symptoms to get time off work---- seriously, what the hell does she care?

Pregnancy is a legitimate medical condition: nausea, vomiting, swollen feet, needing more sleep, trying to reduce stress for the health of the baby, etc.--- I've called off work for less! Wouldn't this be either unpaid leave, or using paid sick time that the pregnant woman has accrued? Either way--- what the hell does Dr. Jackie or any doctor care? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
(edited)

Here’s Toya complaining again. She needs to shut up about her nice husband already. Did Heavenly offend the trans community and felt the need to do a psa? 
Jackie  is right about a lot of health issues caused by obesity but she’s so damn smug because she keeps her weight down it makes her look like an asshole. She should provide encouragement without shaming her patients. And I’m sick of the stupid flashback of Jackie and the vp. So fake.

Simone and Cecil toasting because their sons moved out. Yeah because you bought them a place to live. The whole flashlight for the semen was gross and invasive. They are obviously still little boys who don’t work and are under mommy’s thumb.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Shut up, Heavenly, you big ol' illiterate fool. You have zero integrity, and no one believes one word you bark up with your hypocritical, insincere, opportunistic lying. First, you thought you could secure your place on the show with your idiotic and outdated subjugation of women with your moronic shilling of submission to your huzzbin, and now you try to pass your dumbass off as the great champion of the trans community. You are a liar and a grifter, and I can't wait to never hear your screeching cackle again. 🤮 SO funny when Dr. Simone asked if she could read.🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Shut up, Heavenly, you big ol' illiterate fool. You have zero integrity, and no one believes one word you bark up with your hypocritical, insincere, opportunistic lying. First, you thought you could secure your place on the show with your idiotic and outdated subjugation of women with your moronic shilling of submission to your huzzbin, and now you try to pass your dumbass off as the great champion of the trans community.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!  

Come sit right next to me; I'll buy the first round.  Great observations!

But remember, if your Daddy is the real head of the household, he doesn't even need to whisper it....

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Who is the intended audience for that PSA? All of the "we" references made no sense. Like if pregnant Black women stop ___, we will live more. Replace that with SA victims or breast cancer patients and see how that would be received.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am so sick of (opposite of) Heavenly's loud mouth!  She's constantly making a fool of herself screaming nonsense to people, even people she doesn't know.  

So glad to see Phaedra's kids!  I teared up when Aiden made his speech.  What a sweet kid.  

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Dr Damon's event was a meet and greet between personal injury attorneys and doctors?  Did I hear that correctly?  Ewh.  

Yes, you did. And what the actual fuck was Heavenly wearing? The daughter was clearly out somewhere when she left the house in that ill-fitting monstrosity. I can't believe Damon didn't say anything!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Good Lord. Has Big Nasty aka Hellishly ever had an original thought in that tiny brain of hers? Now she's barking up to copy Phaedra's catch phrase, "Everybody knows"? Not to mention clomping into a business event looking like a busted Daytona Beach stripper--the fact that it was a feeding frenzy for quacks and ambulance chasers notwithstanding. 

Is Apollo back in the clink? I didn't see him at the Aydin's party.

• Like 5

So let me kick off this latest iteration of commentary here at Primetimer...

Clearly (not-so) Sweet T, felt a way about Jackie's joke. And it strikes me that she's also intimidated by Jackie which is why she's never said anything (directly or indirectly) to her about it. At the same time, Greg and everyone else there is also clear that while Jackie may have been giving her best southern lady being a bitch impression, you never, ever, not ever call those ladies a bitch and especially not to their face. 

Sweet T has kicked off some intergenerational shit that she does not even begin to understand. Ladies like Jackie have TIME to get you straight and they will take each and every opportunity to put you in your place. As someone noted, Jackie is as old as or older than Sweet T's mama. She isn't going to take getting called a bitch to her face lightly, nor will she forget. She's 'gonna come for that girl church lady style, and woe unto Sweet T, because there isn't a curse word written yet that can be used to describe the hellfire and brimstone she's about to go through. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Jackie to grab that girl by her collar and take her out back to get a switch.

I also just want to note, that as reckless as Heavenly's mouth is, she's never called Jackie out of her name, nor would she ever contemplate doing so...

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

So let me kick off this latest iteration of commentary here at Primetimer...

Clearly (not-so) Sweet T, felt a way about Jackie's joke. And it strikes me that she's also intimidated by Jackie which is why she's never said anything (directly or indirectly) to her about it. At the same time, Greg and everyone else there is also clear that while Jackie may have been giving her best southern lady being a bitch impression, you never, ever, not ever call those ladies a bitch and especially not to their face. 

Sweet T has kicked off some intergenerational shit that she does not even begin to understand. Ladies like Jackie have TIME to get you straight and they will take each and every opportunity to put you in your place. As someone noted, Jackie is as old as or older than Sweet T's mama. She isn't going to take getting called a bitch to her face lightly, nor will she forget. She's 'gonna come for that girl church lady style, and woe unto Sweet T, because there isn't a curse word written yet that can be used to describe the hellfire and brimstone she's about to go through. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Jackie to grab that girl by her collar and take her out back to get a switch.

I also just want to note, that as reckless as Heavenly's mouth is, she's never called Jackie out of her name, nor would she ever contemplate doing so...

Bless her heart, that girl is simple. All the ladies are out of her age group, but they are the age group her husband's social network. She's going to have some real problems if she doesn't get her act together. It was funny how Heavenly immediately told Sweet Tea that the apology was not accepted.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2024 at 7:07 AM, politichick said:

Yes, you did. And what the actual fuck was Heavenly wearing? The daughter was clearly out somewhere when she left the house in that ill-fitting monstrosity. I can't believe Damon didn't say anything!

That whole event had "ambulance chasing" written across it - in LARGE red letters.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

The most recent fight was unnecessary. Heavenly was mad on Curtis’s behalf about the location of the trip. Curtis didn’t really want to go because he had been to Hilton head with his side chick. Jackie doesn’t want to upset Curtis. I didn’t remember the whole scene of the crime thing, just a photo of Curtis at the airport with the mistress. Btw, Curtis is too tall to cheat in public. 
They finally show up and Toya has to bring up that they didn’t ride with them. Heavenly yells and Sweet Tea gets bothered because of a joke told awhile ago. I don’t think Sweet Tea needed to bring that up right then and there. 

• Like 6

Really all of them except maybe Phaedra, are deferential and I seem afraid of Jackie. I don't understand it unless they believe she is production's pet. The way she crumbles for Curtis and his nutcracker knees, that kills any mystique for me. Well that, her terrible bedside manner and respectibility politic kill it.

Although I'm no enthusiastic supporter of Tea, she does highlight an oncoming issue with this show. What is this going to be?  Will there be a mix of older gen x, millennials and maybe a little z or just older x demanding "respect" when threatened? If everyone isn't equal in the relationships, why would anyone under 45 watch this? Is it housewife type "reality" craziness or a family reunion where anytime elders are confronted, they go to "little girl" talk & try to treat younger cast members like children because I don't see how that's sustainable long term.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

The most recent fight was unnecessary. Heavenly was mad on Curtis’s behalf about the location of the trip. Curtis didn’t really want to go because he had been to Hilton head with his side chick. Jackie doesn’t want to upset Curtis. I didn’t remember the whole scene of the crime thing, just a photo of Curtis at the airport with the mistress. Btw, Curtis is too tall to cheat in public.

Just caught the episode and am wondering about the role production played in selecting Hilton Head as the couples trip.  I don't think Simone would have selected the location on her own and then kept it when Dr. Jackie hesitated.

Then she and Curtis weren't going, and I thought okay, fair enough.  But Heavenly not going?  Really?  That was too much and in the end they all showed up.  What was that about?  Production again?

I rolled my eyes at Jackie's recitation of her daily "being on the hot seat."  Guess she is just used to handling baby girls (or whatever she said).  Heavenly needs to stop being her little bitch.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
On 2/5/2024 at 4:01 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Heathenly calls them all out of their names...behind their backs on her podcasts and in her talking heads.  She's got the nastiest mouth of anybody in reality TV, including Brandy Glanville of RHBH.  That's why I was wondering why everybody was clutching their pearls when Sweet Tea said that to Jackie.  They've heard way worse from Heathenly every time she opens her mouth.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, swankie said:

Heathenly calls them all out of their names...behind their backs on her podcasts and in her talking heads.  She's got the nastiest mouth of anybody in reality TV, including Brandy Glanville of RHBH.  That's why I was wondering why everybody was clutching their pearls when Sweet Tea said that to Jackie.  They've heard way worse from Heathenly every time she opens her mouth.

Because it was Jackie. I definitely think production told the Cutris Crew their pay would be docked if they didn't show up for the work trip. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I rolled my eyes at Jackie's recitation of her daily "being on the hot seat."  Guess she is just used to handling baby girls (or whatever she said).  Heavenly needs to stop being her little bitch.

I lost all respect for Jackie when she made the remark about black pregnant women.  She's always been judgemental and holier than thou if you ask me.  Im not gonna lie, I was kind of on Sweet Tea's side when she cussed Jackie out.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
(edited)
On 2/6/2024 at 8:21 PM, albarino said:

Just caught the episode and am wondering about the role production played in selecting Hilton Head as the couples trip.  I don't think Simone would have selected the location on her own and then kept it when Dr. Jackie hesitated.

Then she and Curtis weren't going, and I thought okay, fair enough.  But Heavenly not going?  Really?  That was too much and in the end they all showed up.  What was that about?  Production again?

Production definitely chose the location, and not Simone. I doubt Simone would ever do it. Does production think that the show is so boring that an old story needs to be regurgitated for the purpose of creating drama? I don't like Curtis- I think he is ugly, and a cheating asshole, but Jackie after initially wanting to divorce him she became his doormat. 

As for her comment about black pregnant women, it's obvious from the show that she has no problem stating her opinions, but she should be careful because this is a sensitive matter, and she should know better. Also, some doctors (especially male ones) still think that when women (regardless of age, or race) complain about symptoms, or pain it's in their imagination. But, somebody was really annoyed with Jackie, and her public communications with the Vice President to leak her old statement right now.

I'm sorry, but I still don't like Sweet Tea who is not exactly sweet. 

Toya is a bitch. She is lucky to have a nice, funny husband who is a successful doctor that provides a great lifestyle to her while she plays tennis, overspends, and causes two foreclosures (I doubt Eugene cared to have such expensive, luxurious houses), but she doesn't appreciate him. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I found it interesting that Curtis is still complaining about lack of attention from Jackie. It seems she traded in the charting for Social Media. I wonder if she forgave him bc she really isn't all that into him anyway, and is more concerned with maintaining an image. 'Divorced' just doesn't fit the bill.  

• Like 4

That was an uneventful episode.  I think I only disliked Toya and Heavenly just a little bit this time.

I can't figure Kema out.  Is this an act?  I mean he married a professional after all and yet she spends $150K (did I hear that correctly) and can't account for it?  Sounds like a gambling problem or something like that.

Based on the previews looks like we'll be back at it next week.  That's okay.  My Heavenly hate hasn't gone anywhere.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)

$150,000 spent on what? 

"Training" your own wife? Does Kema think it's a good look? But we saw other husbands on reality tv acting like this before.

It seems Quad will reappear at the season finale after her almost all season long banishment.

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 2/14/2024 at 9:28 AM, ZettaK said:

I'm sorry, but I still don't like Sweet Tea who is not exactly sweet. 

She's just a bad fit for this show.  She has absolutely nothing in common with any of these women, even Toya who is also not a doctor.  The age gap between her and them does her in.  She's an ageist plain and simple.  Plus the fact that she has a hair trigger temper and can't hold her tongue when she's angry.  I don't see much of a future for her on this show.

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, swankie said:

She's just a bad fit for this show.  She has absolutely nothing in common with any of these women, even Toya who is also not a doctor.  The age gap between her and them does her in.  She's an ageist plain and simple.  Plus the fact that she has a hair trigger temper and can't hold her tongue when she's angry.  I don't see much if a future for her on this show.

Not to mention that with her came Greg who I really don’t like. That new husband though needs to got back to 1824, he would fit in better with his attitudes towards wives and husbands.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I cannot STAND Dr. Greg's new wife SWEET TEA....  If she's sweet, a dang lemon must be stupendously sweet because this chick is a bitch!

And she does nothing but age hate ALL THE TIME.  I'm glad she's having trouble conceiving.  Maybe she'll get a little humility. Doubt it.

• Like 1

And to reiterate my earlier point, Toya said she was considering divorce due to trouble in the relationship. We are shown that classic scene during COVID when Eugene was working 12 hour shifts and Toya complaining about him sleeping 10 hours, thus not entertaining her in the way she's become accustomed to. She said that this year was better because Eugene was trying harder and she was keeping an open mind. Well trained indeed.

Heavenly is a lunatic, but it was funny that she told how she games the submissive system for her own benefit. Sometimes I kind of love it that she can't shut up.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

And to reiterate my earlier point, Toya said she was considering divorce due to trouble in the relationship. We are shown that classic scene during COVID when Eugene was working 12 hour shifts and Toya complaining about him sleeping 10 hours, thus not entertaining her in the way she's become accustomed to. She said that this year was better because Eugene was trying harder and she was keeping an open mind. Well trained indeed.

Heavenly is a lunatic, but it was funny that she told how she games the submissive system for her own benefit. Sometimes I kind of love it that she can't shut up.

OMG!  Toya does not deserve Eugene!!!  She is such a spoiled do nothing but thinks she deserves more than what she gets...for doing absolutely nothing!  Instead of threatening to leave Eugene when he was working his ass off during the pandemic she should have been doing everything in her power to make him MORE comfortable through his exhaustion from putting his life on the line to save others.  I can't believe she formed her lips to criticize him for that.  And I'm damned glad Heavenly called her out for not contributing monetarily to the Med Gala.  After all, Phaedra donated champaign AND paid.  I have never liked Toya and after today...I NEVER WILL!!! 

• Like 7