Type keyword(s) to search

Married To Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, albarino said:

Thanks for posting the update regarding the thread.  I watched the show this morning and agree with you guys on mostly everything!  

I shudder when I see Simone's deadbeat kid being a dead beat!  Reminds me of a nephew but tell myself his parents allow him to act this way.  I would drive him to a recruiting station and ask him to pick his branch of Service.  Not as punishment (I'm a military retiree) but as a good introduction to the real world away from Mom and Dad.

Sweet Tea gets points for trying to stick it to Heavenly.  As an astute poster mentioned, it is a Bravo party so Heavenly has to attend but let's hope Sweet Tea keeps it up.  I consider that to be entertaining.

Quad, Quad, Quad.  Nobody wants to be her.  

Hide contents

Didn't her niece drown in her pool this summer?  Such a tragedy.   

Phaedra has a big house but needs to hire a designer.

Good idea. He clearly needs some tough love. Simone may laugh on TV but probably not once the cameras are gone. She needs to take a page out of Sutton's book. When her son didn't want to go to college, she found him the kind of job an inexperienced lad like him would be stuck with and after actually working, he made the right decision and is attending West Point or something like it.

• Like 7
On 11/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, albarino said:

The strippers looked like circus freaks to me.

I know right?  Since when did flabby butts and droopy boobs become desirable stripper bodies?  I thought that one girl's ass was going to detach and go bouncing down the aisle of the party bus.  And is it appropriate for the customers to disrobe?  Why was Dr. G talking about removing his pants?  How will his patients feel after seeing this episode?  I would definitely question his integrity after seeing this. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 11/28/2023 at 12:44 PM, drivethroo said:

Greg isn't looking for intellectual stimulation or anyone ambitious.  If he was, he'd find somebody closer to his own age.

There’s still an age gap between him & Quad, albeit smaller (I think she’s 12 years younger?) but I think her ambition is a big part of why they didn’t work. He wants someone who will sit around and raise his kids and do what he says.

Do y’all think it was shade the way they lingered on Heavenly’s jar of Prego?

22 hours ago, politichick said:

Simone may laugh on TV but probably not once the cameras are gone.

I know a man who grew up poor and is now rich (he is chair of a law firm). He has two young adult sons, and he and his ex didn’t raise them the way a lot of people in their income bracket did: no cars for them, public schools (he was like, we live in one of the best districts in the country, the fuck I’m-a pay tuition for?), and they were expected to launch. (As he put it, “they hear ‘no’ more often than their friends do.”) Their educations were paid for but they weren’t allowed to dick around and not function. Simone said herself that they coddle their kids (specifically Miles, who appears to be doing less), and if she’s not careful he’ll be 35 and still jobless in her house. Sometimes people need the rug yanked out from under them.

• Like 10

Quad really thinks quite highly of herself, doesn't she?  I loved it when the ladies left the post-funeral repast before Quad could air her grievances.  Well played, ladies!

I'm not familiar with Jackie's patient; is she famous in Atlanta?  I note Jackie's PSA regarding substandard maternity care for minority women.  My daughter is an OB/GYN NP at a southern school and I would characterize the the amount and level of prenatal care is more complicated than only race but I appreciate her position and passion. In the end it is always a good thing to have well-informed patients and Jackie (and all all of them really in one way or another) is in a position to effect change.  Good for her.

Sweet Tea didn't bother me this episode.....

• Like 6

I was also grateful to the ladies that Quad didn't get to air her grievances because it would have taken all night. It was already after midnight when they left. Quad is just doing too much for me. I like Phaedra's house, it it defiantly a reflection of her. There is now way I could live with all of that decor, but it's Phaedra, it's a lot just like her. 

Edited by byrd
  • Like 4

I like sweet tea, she a bright light among this group. I am so weary of Heavenly and her big mouth. Simone cackling works my last nerve , Quad is doing what Quad does best , praising on herself. Jackie is too thin but I love her. Toya is still doing nothing as usual, but I am interested  in her wines. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, albarino said:

Quad really thinks quite highly of herself, doesn't she?  I loved it when the ladies left the post-funeral repast before Quad could air her grievances.  Well played, ladies!

I'm not familiar with Jackie's patient; is she famous in Atlanta?  I note Jackie's PSA regarding substandard maternity care for minority women.  My daughter is an OB/GYN NP at a southern school and I would characterize the the amount and level of prenatal care is more complicated than only race but I appreciate her position and passion. In the end it is always a good thing to have well-informed patients and Jackie (and all all of them really in one way or another) is in a position to effect change.  Good for her.

Sweet Tea didn't bother me this episode.....

Jackie's patient is a rapper known as DaBrat. She is famous because she was an early female artist in hip-hop (of that generation before female artists were expected to be naked and sexy before they could get put on), who for many years performed as a closeted lesbian. There is a whole other story with her but suffice to say, she is working like crazy because she's trying to pay off a $1,000,000 judgement against her stemming from a fight in a club. She's come out-out in the last ten or so years, after entering into a relationship with her partner Judy, who became a millionaire selling homemade hair care products on IG. They have their own reality show that airs on WE. 

As for the prenatal care, it is more complicated than race, but suffice to say that the poorer and less white you are, the higher your chances of dying as a result of your pregnancy. When you adjust for all other factors race definitely impacts your outcomes (wealthy black women die at higher rates than wealthy white women, etc.), and many medical schools are still not disabusing their students of long held mistruths about black patients (thicker skin, higher pain tolerance, earlier maturity, etc.). Jackie is well acquainted with all of those issues, and I think she's trying to make sure her patients are knowledgeable and can advocate for themselves when she is not around.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

How ridiculous was Quad coming out of that coffin? Does Quad still work on that sister circle talk show or is that over? I guess Phaedra couldn’t wheel her out to announce she needs to film with the ladies for dollars. 
I don’t mind Sweet Tea. I’m curious to see what work she has done after this season.

• Like 7

I’m an episode behind. Simone looked terrific in her jean shorts and white t-shirt. She looks sexiest when she doesn’t try to be sexy.

(I had a coworker whose son moved home after college and she was like “I really wish he’d get up out my house.” He was working and all, but she and her husband had enjoyed being empty nesters.)

• Like 4

Not a fan of Toya, but she looked good in her funeral attire. Clearly she's only BFFing Sweet Tea to spite Quad. Speaking of Quadrilateral, or whatever her real name is.... I'm not sure what she was expecting after that performance but she could give Meryl Streep a run for her money.

• LOL 9

Tee Hee !  No one wants to  room with Quad!  Even Phaedra, who I can't stand, has seen her stripes.   I don't know why but I like this show better than some of the housewives.  Every one seems more natural and smarter.  I even kind  of like Heavenly this year.

• Like 8

Don’t throw your wine at me but I love Heavenly although I enjoy her scenes at home more than with the ladies due to her cackling. 
If Quad wants to make peace, she might want to approach them a bit more humbly. I really don’t think Phaedra adds anything to the show. 

• Like 9

I don’t know if I’d give Miles a year in that condo rent free. He’s been fucking around a lot. I think Michael is still in school and has done what he’s supposed to do, but Miles has had plenty of chances. I think I’d make him work.

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

If Quad wants to make peace, she might want to approach them a bit more humbly.

That’s not really how she rolls, ha.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t know if I’d give Miles a year in that condo rent free. He’s been fucking around a lot. I think Michael is still in school and has done what he’s supposed to do, but Miles has had plenty of chances. I think I’d make him work.

That’s not really how she rolls, ha.

It annoys me the way Simone is constantly laughing her head off about the boys not working. I also thought the contract she rattled off was nonsense. She needs to charge them rent even if it’s not a lot. There’s no reason the 24 year old can’t work and pay some bills. Michael might be doing better than Miles but he wasn’t very respectful when he joined them. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Lots going on in the latest episode!

First, I look at Jackie to see how she reacts to the Quad discussion.  There was no Switzerland there; she just kept her mouth shut in agreement that Quad isn't a good cast member. Interesting.  Also, regardless of one's views on the Veep, I'm very impressed she and Jackie will have a meeting to discuss African American maternity mortality in the US.  That is biggie big.

Second, I liked some of the outfits.  I wanted to Simone to hold still so I could actually see what she wore on the plane to CA.  The only nice thing you will ever hear from me regarding Quad is that I liked her vest/top at the wine dinner.

Third, yes, three wine glasses.  Totally expected at a Napa dinner.  White, red and dessert wines, perhaps.  I also noticed the women sipping on coffee cups and I figured that was a soup.  Could they quit talking and show me the menu?

Fourth, Quad was unnaturally calm at the dinner (so far).  Guess she knows she needs to up her game in a good way to remain a cast member.  I hope they can be polite and respectful this trip in their beautiful surroundings.  Hey, a Girl can wish!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Empress1 said:

Do y’all think it was shade the way they lingered on Heavenly’s jar of Prego?

Likely, product placement. Brands pay to have their products displayed on these shows. I don't think Bravo is handling out free marketing for Prego. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, laprin said:

Likely, product placement. Brands pay to have their products displayed on these shows. I don't think Bravo is handling out free marketing for Prego. 

Oh, duh. I used to work in that space, you’d think I’d recall.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/11/2023 at 11:01 PM, goofygirl said:

WHY is Phaedra Parks on this show????  She needs to just make her coins OFF the teeveee.  PLEASE GO AWAY.

I agree.  I liked her on RHOA but hate her on this show.  Maybe if we got to see her boys more I would feel differently.  Plus she said her and the doctor boyfriend have already broken up and she's on doctor #2.  Will we not be able to see this one either?  I'm beginning to think she has no boyfriend.  

I'm so glad they socked it to Quad.  She's just way too full of herself.  The less I see of her the better.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, swankie said:

I agree.  I liked her on RHOA but hate her on this show.  Maybe if we got to see her boys more I would feel differently.  Plus she said her and the doctor boyfriend have already broken up and she's on doctor #2.  Will we not be able to see this one either?  I'm beginning to think she has no boyfriend.  

I'm so glad they socked it to Quad.  She's just way too full of herself.  The less I see of her the better.  

I don't believe there is a boyfriend either.  Loved them kicking Quad out.  Well deserved.  I'm with Simone.  I don't want any red wine either. Give me a light white.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I couldn't believe it, a Bravo franchise showing Restraint?  I loved it!

I was uncomfortable with Dr. Simone telling Quad the group wanted her to go back to Atlanta but I'm glad she did.  I've never liked Quad and I'm glad she is gone, at least for now.  The Kendall Jackson winery looked beautiful.

The Zoom call with the Veep was interesting.  Whenever I hear the word "Entitled" my antennae goes waaaay up.  In this case she referenced Medicaid and I thought not so fast!  I think one must meet certain income limits and it isn't so easy (I'm in the middle of getting my schizophrenic sister qualified for long-term Medicaid--she hasn't worked in 25+ years and her only income is SSDI--but I digress).  Has anybody seen the toll free number offering assistance publicized in their local area?  I haven't.  I think it is a good idea, I just haven't seen it publicized.

• Like 7
On 12/18/2023 at 3:41 AM, swankie said:

Plus she said her and the doctor boyfriend have already broken up and she's on doctor #2.  Will we not be able to see this one either?  I'm beginning to think she has no boyfriend.  

The lies, the lies, the lies! tm Kandi Burris.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

So is Quad still filming?

Did y’all know Jackie is 65? She looked gorgeous in that black leather jacket and green dress.

What is not gorgeous is that Fendi fur thing Phaedra had on. Also that pale blonde washes her out.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Whew!!!!!!

There is a WHOLE DRAMA about Dr. Jackie: a resurfaced conversation with Heavenly where Dr. Jackie says pregnant Black women are over dramatic about their pain in an attempt to get a doctor's note to be released from work. Such a slap in the face to her current work with Vice President Kamala Harris to call attention to the disproportionate deaths Black women face during child birth.

I'll try to post the receipts.

Thoughts???

(I'm just gonna say it--- On a personal note, I am near 50 & child-free. However, my mother shared the story of my birth at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. She said: the white male doctor came in with a group of interns & said something like: 'You don't have to worry too much about her,' while she was in labor with me. My mom said she screamed extra loud with her birth pains after that. So, maybe she was being over dramatic, but only as a response to being treated as less than human to her face! I think Dr. Jackie's comments were an utter disgrace & she is part of the problem of systemic healthcare racism that has lead to so many unnecessary maternal deaths of Black women! Shame on her! 😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4

Oh, wow!  I am sure Dr. Jackie is regretting sharing her personal experience in her 2 hour interview with Dr. Heavenly.  I'm not going to watch the interview to see if there was any particular context to her comment.  Not that the context excuses anything, she said the words, but I might extend some grace because she is discussing this with Dr. Heavenly (Dr. Heavenly?!?--the embodiment of a calm, mature health care professional).

5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Dr. Jackie says pregnant Black women are over dramatic about their pain in an attempt to get a doctor's note to be released from work.

Here is how I am choosing to read this in my head:  [Added--As this particular interview pertains to black women, my observation is] Black women are can be over dramatic about their pain in an attempt to get a doctor's note to be released from work. [Added--But, to be honest, this observation isn't race specific. Some pregnant women use their condition and it makes it more difficult to care for them for. the duration of their entire pregnancy].

I like Dr. Jackie and want to give her grace; I completely understand why others feel differently.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Hey  👋🏾

Very late to the party- Sunday night football. 

1- why is M2M and RHOP airing in the same time of year, one behind the other? Does bravo have a new series with a  cast of women of color planned to start in the spring?

2- Dr Damon surprised me on his explanation of wanting the daughter to stay in ATL for college. At least he was honest in saying it was sexist in what he was saying. I.m glad the daughter made a decision that was best for her. Just because parents migrated to a city (any city), doesn't mean the kids want to stay there, for college or later years. Yes- that is a bitter  💊 to swallow. 

3- Cecil- what kind of grown man is going to stand grinnly bye and let his grown sons flounder time & money??

The kid-adults must have some intellect as the did what- all 12 years at an exclusive and competitive  private school in ATL? It doesn't take 5 years to get a degree in film at Ga State. And then what's his plan- wait for Tyler  Perry  to call?

And the youngest- went from Auburn to a JR college?? I thought the ball players do the reverse, as ones skills should competitively increase - before they lose eligibility. He needs to have a coach,  or someone tell him, his ball playing days - are slowly coming to an end. He is wasting everyone's time. 

I agree with a previous post. One year- either enter the workforce with a career growth-potentional job, or join the military; officer or enlisted, depending if a  degree has been earn.

4- what business sense does it make to buy rental property , for someone to live in it rent free? Is it the plan for the kid-adults to apply for section 8? Are Cecil and Simone expecting so much equity that you don't need monthly payments? I'm lost...

Edited by sATL
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2023 at 6:50 PM, swankie said:

I know right?  Since when did flabby butts and droopy boobs become desirable stripper bodies?  I thought that one girl's ass was going to detach and go bouncing down the aisle of the party bus.  And is it appropriate for the customers to disrobe?  Why was Dr. G talking about removing his pants?  How will his patients feel after seeing this episode?  I would definitely question his integrity after seeing this. 

It's hard finding quality employees in all industries, I guess, since the pandemic hit. They probably perfer to "work at home" as opposed to going to the "office".😁

• LOL 6
On 12/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, albarino said:

Not that the context excuses anything, she said the words, but I might extend some grace because she is discussing this with Dr. Heavenly (Dr. Heavenly?!?--the embodiment of a calm, mature health care professional).

That's the problem.  Jackie is nasty but because she's not yelling, screaming or neck rolling and eyes popping, everyone lets her slide.  Let's revist some of Jackie's nasty on the show:

• Telling the plus size beauty queen on Season 2 she was fat and unhealthy when she was not the woman's doctor and did not know the state of her health. While being overweight does cause health issues, Jackie didn't know where that lady was in her weight journey.  It simply triggered Jackie to see somebody fat and happy.
  • Pointing out Buffie in a crowded room as "infertile," then getting indignant about giving her an apology.  Buffie may have talked about it on TV but unless Buffie was a panelist at the conference, she didn't agree to talk about her infertility with that crowded room, some of whom don't watch the show.
  • Discussing Mariah's alleged drug use as fact on the podcast (don't remember if it was Quad's podcast or Heavenly's), then refused to even look at Mariah's drug test results showing her to be clean
  • Allegedly and apparently discussing Sweet Tea's fertility with some of the cast members, who yakked about it on a Live. Sweet Tea had been been a patient of Jackie but got a referral from Simone to see another doctor because Sweet Tea allegedly felt Jackie was "mean". If Jackie did discuss Sweet Tea's fertility with Heavenly and Sweet Tea had been Jackie's patient, that right there is a violation of HIPAA.

Soft & Quiet doesn't always equal "nice".  Jackie is not a nice person.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, albarino said:

Here is how I am choosing to read this in my head:  [Added--As this particular interview pertains to black women, my observation is] Black women are can be over dramatic about their pain in an attempt to get a doctor's note to be released from work. [Added--But, to be honest, this observation isn't race specific. Some pregnant women use their condition and it makes it more difficult to care for them for. the duration of their entire pregnancy].

This sentiment is problematic because we can't truly judge what another person's pain level/tolerance is because we can't feel it.  Second, what business is it of Jackie or any other doctor if somebody is trying to get out of work.  Why should Jackie or any other doctor care if somebody goes to work or not if they are not employing that person?

Third, Jackie didn't say "some women are overly dramatic."  She didn't even say "some Black women are overly dramatic."  Jackie said "Black women are overly dramatic and crying wolf."

Ok, but if Black women are over dramatic and crying wolf, why are Black women in the US, even adjusting for income and educational levels, dying 3x more than any other group? Are they actually "crying wolf" with these outcomes?

17 hours ago, sATL said:

3- Cecil- what kind of grown man is going to stand grinnly bye and let his grown sons flounder time & money??

Somebod who is floundering his wife's time and money.

• Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Second, what business is it of Jackie or any other doctor if somebody is trying to get out of work.  Why should Jackie or any other doctor care if somebody goes to work or not if they are not employing that person?

Drivethroo, I acknowledge we all have differing opinions regarding Jackie and I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, I'm sharing my thoughts.  

With Sweet Tea and the specialty referral, I thought she was Dr. Simone's patient and Heavenly was upset that Simone didn't refer her to Dr. Jackie rather than a specialist.  I was surprised at Heavenly's umbrage at the time because  Heavenly's profession is full of "...dontists" who provide more specialized care than General Dentistry.  Periodontists, Endodontists and Orthodontists come to the top of my mind as specialists Heavenly might consider when referring her  patients.   

However, I see the "work excuse" differently than the words I quoted you above.  The employer isn't interested in Aunt Hazel's opinion of a condition potentially affecting a patient's ability to work, the employer is requesting/acknowledging an opinion provided by a medical professional.  

If Dr. Jackie doesn't care one way or another if somebody pregnant shows up for work, she shouldn't even be in the business of writing medical opinions if it doesn't require any professional judgement.  If she is writing using her professional judgement, then she should care about what she is signing.  She is probably legally obligated to stand behind what she writes.  

• Like 4
On 12/25/2023 at 10:11 AM, sATL said:

4- what business sense does it make to buy rental property , for someone to live in it rent free? Is it the plan for the kid-adults to apply for section 8? Are Cecil and Simone expecting so much equity that you don't need monthly payments? I'm lost...

I wondered if they were paying cash, because I agree. I’ve known of parents who buy places in their kids’ college town, let the kids live there during college and then replace them with new tenants when the kids graduate … maybe this is kind of that?

Miles was so cutely nerdy when he was in high school - I remember him saying he really liked one of his teachers, which I thought was great. He really seems to be floundering in adulthood.

On 12/26/2023 at 3:47 AM, drivethroo said:

Why should Jackie or any other doctor care if somebody goes to work or not if they are not employing that person?

Ha - I had surgery last year and was out for two weeks, and my doctor was like “I strongly recommend that you take the full time,” and actually did write me a note to that effect. (I knew my job would give me shit about being out because of chronic understaffing, but that’s not my problem.) I also took official medical leave so they had to leave me alone.

In addition to being soft-spoken, Jackie has been through a lot (breast cancer twice, Curtis cheating) so I think people give her a lot of grace she doesn’t always deserve.

• Like 8
On 12/26/2023 at 2:47 AM, drivethroo said:

Soft & Quiet doesn't always equal "nice".  Jackie is not a nice person.

I've always thought her and Heavenly's friendship was weird because Heavenly can be so messy. I'm sure that Jackie knows that she'll always look better compared to Heavenly and also knows how to push Heavenly's buttons behind the scenes while staying clean.  

I'm showing my age, but I knew who Da Brat was when I saw her. I had to look up her age because I remember her back from the MTV days and couldn't believe she was pregnant. I'm around her age (give or take a year ahem), and I can't imagine being pregnant right now. She looks soooooo uncomfortable. But happy to see she's happy and still working after all these years.

I wonder if Jackie loses any potential clients over her assinine comments. 

On 12/26/2023 at 2:47 AM, drivethroo said:

Allegedly and apparently discussing Sweet Tea's fertility with some of the cast members, who yakked about it on a Live. Sweet Tea had been been a patient of Jackie but got a referral from Simone to see another doctor because Sweet Tea allegedly felt Jackie was "mean". If Jackie did discuss Sweet Tea's fertility with Heavenly and Sweet Tea had been Jackie's patient, that right there is a violation of HIPAA.

If Jackie was indeed mean to her - something I don't doubt - I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe this could explain why Toya seemingly has taken Sweet Tea under her wing. I imagine that Jackie is intimidating to get to know.

• Like 4

Hey  👋🏾

1- why is M2M and RHOP airing in the same time of year, one behind the other? Does bravo have a new series with a  cast of women of color planned to start in the spring?

2- Dr Damon surprised me on his explanation of wanting the daughter to stay in ATL for college. At least he was honest in saying it was sexist in what he was saying. I.m glad the daughter made a decision that was best for her. Just because parents migrated to a city (any city), doesn't mean the kids want to stay there, for college or later years. Yes- that is a bitter  💊 to swallow. 

The kid-adults must have some intellect as the did what- all 12 years at an exclusive and competitive  private school in ATL? It doesn't take 5 years to get a degree in film at Ga State. And then what's his plan- wait for Tyler  Perry  to call?

And the youngest- went from Auburn to a JR college?? I thought the ball players do the reverse, as ones skills should competitively increase - before they lose eligibility. He needs to have a coach,  or someone tell him, his ball playing days - are slowly coming to an end. He is wasting everyone's time. 

I agree with a previous post. One year- either enter the workforce with a career growth-potentional job, or join the military; officer or enlisted, depending if a  degree has been earn.

As I recall, Michael chose jr college because he would get more play time there and wasn't good enough to make the team at a D1 school, but I could be wrong. It seems like he's doing well at school, silly as he behaves on camera, but that Miles is definitely floundering.

• Like 4
On 12/29/2023 at 11:11 AM, politichick said:

As I recall, Michael chose jr college because he would get more play time there and wasn't good enough to make the team at a D1 school, but I could be wrong. It seems like he's doing well at school, silly as he behaves on camera, but that Miles is definitely floundering.

If you've ever watched Last Chance U on Netfix, this happens a lot in both basketball and football. Kids get D1 scholarships and then either don't make the cut or underperform at D1 so they drop back to JC as a way to get lots of playing time, with other kids of similar talent, with the hope of keeping good grades and catching the eye of another D1 program as Juniors with 2-3 remaining years of eligibility. In Michael's case, I think this is probably related to ego. He could have gone into the transfer portal and gone to a D2 or D3 program, and Simone and Cecil could absolutely afford to pay - so even a scholarship wouldn't be an impediment to attending, but my guess is that he only wants to play D1.

• Useful 3
On 12/28/2023 at 10:34 AM, Empress1 said:

In addition to being soft-spoken, Jackie has been through a lot (breast cancer twice, Curtis cheating) so I think people give her a lot of grace she doesn’t always deserve.

I have wanted to respond to you and Drivethroo and am sitting down to share my thoughts.  Yes, I know it is NYE....My life is kinda boring.

Drivethroo, my daughter agrees with you.  She is an OB/GYN NP at a major health system in Nashville, TN.  We talked about Dr. Jackie's comments and she was not nearly as sympathetic as I was.  Her general comment is that women have enough trouble being taken seriously and her comments regarding pain management just set them back. So, I stand corrected.

I really do believe Dr. Jackie wants us all to do better.  Who would disagree with that?  She perhaps (and I'm being nice) hasn't been the best spokesperson and I hope she has learned Bravo isn't the best stage for her message.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hey  👋🏾

I'm really late to the party.

I think I heard Simone say they were planning on buying investment property anyway. If they were going to shell out money to assist the boys in living away from home, might as well let them be the first tenants of their own property. Hopefully they will get their act together soon. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm really late to the party.

I think I heard Simone say they were planning on buying investment property anyway. If they were going to shell out money to assist the boys in living away from home, might as well let them be the first tenants of their own property. Hopefully they will get their act together soon. 

If they do, she needs to make them pay a security deposit.

• Like 2

This show has become very boring to me.  I guess since Sweet Tea didn't throw a tantrum and take the gloves off to square against Heavenly and is making baby conception woes her storyline, they're going to bring in Heavenly's sister for her next storyline.  I'm kind of looking forward to it.  I almost fell asleep watching this last episode.  

15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

If they do, she needs to make them pay a security deposit.

I thought that the agreement was they each get a year rent free after graduation, then they have to start paying rent. Miles year starts from the day they move in and Michael's starts the day he graduates.

• Like 2

Phaedra saying that she does not even want to get married further disqualifies her for M2M. She has niether M (I don't believe either of the boyfriends exist and/or are Drs)

I felt bad for ST, as she seemed genuinely disappointed in the possible fertility issues. 

• Like 3

I enjoyed this show because it was drama free. Once Quad left, the women seemed to have a good time and didn't fight to be fighting. I like everyone except Phaedra who does not fit at all. I still can't forgive her for the accusations against Kandi. I like when the men get together and give their opinion on things.  I really like Eugene and laughed at him "surgically" removing Toya's tracks.  I even like Toya. While I am not a doctor or married to a doctor, I am a medical professional and enjoy watching a show where the women are knowledgeable about medical things and don't have ignorant, dumb opinions about the human body.

• Like 4

I always thought Dr. Jackie was mean at times. Still, I’m a little surprised at the cry wolf comments. Especially since she’s been acting like she wants to do something positive now. I was also surprised that the VP agreed to be on camera with a reality show doctor who has a reputation for not always having a kind bedside manner. 
I did feel bad for Sweet Tea (assuming that was a real segment)

Has Heavenly’s sister appeared on the show before? I’m interested to see her.

Dr.Eugene was entertaining as always. 

• Like 3
On 12/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, albarino said:

If she is writing using her professional judgement, then she should care about what she is signing.  She is probably legally obligated to stand behind what she writes.

Jackie's professional judgment can't be trusted because she thinks Black women in general are faking symptoms to get out of work. 

But Black women can't be faking their symptoms and crying wolf AND dying more than any other group in the country (regardless of income).  It just doesn't add up.

I'm not fussing at you! I just don't think Jackie needs to take on this topic in any way shape or form because she's part of the problem.

On 12/31/2023 at 11:44 PM, albarino said:

Her general comment is that women have enough trouble being taken seriously and her comments regarding pain management just set them back. So, I stand corrected.

I actually think Dr. Simone would've been a better choice for the VP talk but Jackie is seen as the leader of the franchise and also she and VP are in the same sorority.

I think Jackie dislikes having to deal with lower class Black female patients (i.e. anyone who wasn't college educated or affluent) and she decided to move to a more desirable customer base.  She would probably throw up if Sexxy Red came up in her clinic for a checkup (even though Sexxy Red could pay for the visit).

With Sweet Tea and the specialty referral, I thought she was Dr. Simone's patient and Heavenly was upset that Simone didn't refer her to Dr. Jackie rather than a specialist.

I think the story was Sweet Tea went to Jackie, felt she was mean, reached out to Simone and Simone referred her to a specialist. Simone knows how Jackie gets down with her patients so she did the right thing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Catching up. Sweet Tea said Jackie and Heavenly are old and out of touch, but did she forget her husband is their contemporary? Also age-shaming sucks - if we’re lucky, we get to grow old. Better than the alternative!

Leave Phaedra alone if she doesn’t want to get remarried, damn. She doesn’t have to!

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 3