Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

On 22/02/2018 at 6:28 PM, galaxychaser said:

tyler is cute, but all that smirking makes me believe he thinkis he is a 10. nope kid you are a 7. he does have nice teeth.

A 7 is perhaps that most generous thing I’ve heard someone say about Tyler. Is all this epidemic sympathy for him coming with beer goggles?

fwiw I feel bad for him too. He’s surrounded by codependent people with a  myriad of issues who all depend on him and he’s not even emotionally healthy or mature enough to care for himself properly. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

CLEAN UP ON ISLE Cate and TY

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She comes home in 5 days ? No, she goes to the reunion taping in 5 days.

You all are on a roll! HIL-LARIOUS! 

3 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

“Home is where the camera is.” - TM franchise members

BAM!!! 

• Love 6

No matter how many times MTV sends Cate to "rehab", she will never be able to cope with Tyler leaving her....when this shitshow ends....let's see how fast MTV returns Cate calls that she needs to go back to Sierra Tuscan.  She better get use to the local ER in her little Michigan town.

• Love 12
On 2/23/2018 at 4:34 PM, mamadrama said:

Eh, it's kind of a cultural thing. Lots of men/boys go around topless here. I'm trying to get my son to do it more because he really gets overheated in the summertime when he plays outside. Americans in general tend to be more conservative about nudity. I remember when I used to be a travel writer in Europe, I would be shocked every time I walked into a hotel sauna and saw a bunch of naked people sitting around. Mom and I were at a regular beach in Spain (not a nude one) in Marbella a few years back and all the ladies were topless and playing in the sand and water with their kids. I wound up taking off mine because I stood out more with one than without. We're actually trying to teach our kids to be more comfortable with nudity. My husband and I don't walk around without underwear but we both grew up in homes where we were ashamed of our bodies and taught that naked skin was "bad." I know some of the challenges that gave me as a young woman and adult. I don't want my daughter to have them. 

I agree with you. Nova is little, they are at home and it’s no more skin than you would see at a public beach. I think most of US culture has a HUGE hang up with nudity/skin, - so much so caring for the sick/disabled/elderly family members is seeing as “weird” or “inappropriate” when they need assistance bathing/toileting etc (I see this so much on the My 600lb Life message board- not debating its good to be 600lbs but if you need assistance bathing, it doesn’t matter WHY, assistance needs to be given- not everything is sexual).  

Nova looks so happy! Her smile reaches her eyes, when I see the other Littles on this franchise with such sadness I cringe. Tyler and Catelynn are flawed but at least Nova has light behind her eyes. 

• Love 12
On 2/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, mamadrama said:

Eh, it's kind of a cultural thing. Lots of men/boys go around topless here. I'm trying to get my son to do it more because he really gets overheated in the summertime when he plays outside. Americans in general tend to be more conservative about nudity. I remember when I used to be a travel writer in Europe, I would be shocked every time I walked into a hotel sauna and saw a bunch of naked people sitting around. Mom and I were at a regular beach in Spain (not a nude one) in Marbella a few years back and all the ladies were topless and playing in the sand and water with their kids. I wound up taking off mine because I stood out more with one than without. We're actually trying to teach our kids to be more comfortable with nudity. My husband and I don't walk around without underwear but we both grew up in homes where we were ashamed of our bodies and taught that naked skin was "bad." I know some of the challenges that gave me as a young woman and adult. I don't want my daughter to have them. 

Yeah, I personally don't see this is as a big deal at all.

Of course, he does kind of do the male version of Leah's "just hangin' around in mah makeup and tank top, y'all!!! #lol #sotahred #bestlife" 

• Love 11

EXCLUSIVE Inside Catelynn Lowell’s Shocking Decision To Leave THIRD Rehab Stint Early

The 'Teen Mom OG' star entered treatment after suffering a miscarriage.

Catelynn Lowell entered rehab on November 17 and then again on January 17 after experiencing suicidal thoughts. Despite the Teen Mom OG star’s double rehab stint, she checked out four days early. RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal why she made the decision to leave the treatment center earlier than planned.

“Cate got permission to go home a few days early,” a source close to Lowell and her husband Tyler Baltierra told Radar. “She wants to be home for a while before getting ready for the reunion.”

The Teen Mom OG reunion films Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4 in New York City.

“She wants to be able to catch up with her co-stars Maci [Bookout] and Amber [Portwood],” the insider claimed. “She also wants to get her wardrobe prepped.”

Lowell was also eager to be reunited with her 3-year-old daughterNova.

“She’s happy to see Nova,” the insider said. “Nova was ecstatic to see her.”

On this week’s Teen Mom OG, Lowell suffered a miscarriage. The loss caused her to enter rehab on November 17 for suicidal thoughts.

“I contemplated every single way that I could kill myself today,” she told her mother-in-law Kim on the episode.

She then returned exactly two months later to work on “childhood trauma.” Her first stint in rehab was in 2015 after the birth of her youngest daughter for postpartum depression. She is also mother to daughter Carly, who she placed for adoption.

Radar previously reported that the couple was hesitant to attend the reunion special.

“Tyler doesn’t know if they’ll be attending the reunion,” a source close to the TMOG couple told Radar. “It’s up to Catelynn, but he personally doesn’t want to go.”

Reunion show host Dr. Drew Pinsky, “brings up a lot of personal issues that he forces them to talk about.”

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5

Assuming Tyler's sister the "source" is right, Cate needs to leave treatment early so she has time to pack her bag (those tacky tops & trousers won't pack themselves, I know) and spend time to catch up with two friends (both of whom live relatively close to her, especially Amber) who she can see at any time?!?!

There are no words.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 13

Okay. Yes, I agree that Cate is probably depressed. I agree that everyone handles grief and depression differently. I agree that Cate needs help. And part of me feels sorry for her because life dealt her a pretty rough card in the beginning and while staying on the show has offered many advantages, it's also come with a lot of drawbacks that may be making her mental health worse. However, I will start taking her treatment seriously when she does. 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Okay. Yes, I agree that Cate is probably depressed. I agree that everyone handles grief and depression differently. I agree that Cate needs help. And part of me feels sorry for her because life dealt her a pretty rough card in the beginning and while staying on the show has offered many advantages, it's also come with a lot of drawbacks that may be making her mental health worse. However, I will start taking her treatment seriously when she does. 

For all my statements in the other thread...I agree with this, too.

I'm really conflicted about her. Her patterns are very confusing.

1 hour ago, teapot said:

of course Nova was at the bottom of the list...siiiiggghhh...

I missed my kid like crazy after GOING TO WORK FOR EIGHT HOURS!!!

I feel you! I'm working at home full time now but usually the babysitter has my baby in the next room...today she's out all day with her grandparents and I am super sad. :(

On 2/27/2018 at 8:51 AM, CofCinci said:

That’s an older photo.

Can people stop doing this face? I hate to sound all fuddy-duddy but duckface is very 2007, can we stop now?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Quilty said:

Just STOP!! Please. So phony.

SO phony, and wasn't this taken when he went to "family day" at Cate's treatment center? I don't know what typical rehab behavior entails, but really with the "oh look how goofy we are!!" faces? Please. Tyler thinks he's god damn Justin Timberlake, but even Timberlake annoys the fuck out of me with his brand of "humor". Making goofy faces at the camera is not a talent, and it is not comedy (he needs to take a page from VPR's Ariana & start taking his comedy seriously damnit!). 

• Love 8
On 2/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, druzy said:

CALL.png

I have sympathy for all responsibilities Tyler ends up with due to his family and for the childhood he's had, BUT....

Let's not pretend that Tyler doesn't LOVE playing the martyr/hero.  He stays around and doesn't cut off contact with his mess of a family because he gets adoration and props from them as well as from his "fans." A huge part of Tyler's identity is being the savior/hero/caretaker, not so much because he wants to be so, but because it earns him accolades.....and what else has he ever really done to speak of?

Who would Tyler be if he wasn't the one who pushed to make the right decision to place Carly for adoption? Who would he be if he didn't stand by Cate even though he likely doesn't want to? Who would he be if he didn't keep allowing/enabling Butch and his family's lifestyles and addictions? If he isn't martyr/hero Tyler who makes a show of always putting himself last, who is he?  What other identity does this 25 year-old man have? Crappy online clothing designer? Is that all? That won't keep the fan girls raving and complimenting the way martyring himself on TV/social media for Cate will. He may have a worse martyrdom complex than St. Maci of Bud Light (granted, he does seem to have a lot more & a lot crappier stuff to deal with than Maci, for sure, but he relishes his martyr role just the same). 

Savior/Hero/Tyler keeps these people around & stays in this misery because he LIKES it.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Cate posted on Instagram (but not Twitter, which is odd) that she’s home. Silence from Tyler.

I posted it yesterday. Cate used the same photo that she used last week. She wrote "I'm finally home". I think people didn't read her comment and thought I posted an old Instagram post.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, druzy said:

I posted it yesterday. Cate used the same photo that she used last week. She wrote "I'm finally home". I think people didn't read her comment and thought I posted an old Instagram post.

I saw your post. Do you think it’s odd that she chose Instagram instead of Twitter?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I  think he is referring to Cate.

CSIMON.png

I fucking hate simon....what the fuck would he know about any woman, or smoking, or being pregnant, or anything related to woman having health issues because of smoking. Yes, i agree that you should not smoke while pregnant, however no woman pregnant or not should ever take advice from this pansy ass little bitch who fucks a blow up doll. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I saw your post. Do you think it’s odd that she chose Instagram instead of Twitter?

I thought it was very odd. She usually tweets and she links to Instagram to show the post in Instagram. Maybe the rehab told her not to tweet for 2 weeks, so she used Instagram. That would be her logic. But now there is radio silence.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm sure they will choose hard hitting questions and answer honestly. 

1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

Simon's post crossed my line. 

I knew he was going to delete it so I took a screenshot. He must have gotten bad feedback.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I have sympathy for all responsibilities Tyler ends up with due to his family and for the childhood he's had, BUT....

Let's not pretend that Tyler doesn't LOVE playing the martyr/hero.  He stays around and doesn't cut off contact with his mess of a family because he gets adoration and props from them as well as from his "fans." A huge part of Tyler's identity is being the savior/hero/caretaker, not so much because he wants to be so, but because it earns him accolades.....and what else has he ever really done to speak of?

Who would Tyler be if he wasn't the one who pushed to make the right decision to place Carly for adoption? Who would he be if he didn't stand by Cate even though he likely doesn't want to? Who would he be if he didn't keep allowing/enabling Butch and his family's lifestyles and addictions? If he isn't martyr/hero Tyler who makes a show of always putting himself last, who is he?  What other identity does this 25 year-old man have? Crappy online clothing designer? Is that all? That won't keep the fan girls raving and complimenting the way martyring himself on TV/social media for Cate will. He may have a worse martyrdom complex than St. Maci of Bud Light (granted, he does seem to have a lot more & a lot crappier stuff to deal with than Maci, for sure, but he relishes his martyr role just the same). 

Savior/Hero/Tyler keeps these people around & stays in this misery because he LIKES it.

I've got to strongly strongly strongly agree. Both halves of a codependent couple are narcissistic to an extent. With an equal or superior partner, he wouldn't be able to play God. With someone smarter, more conventionally attractive, more accomplished, etc, he wouldn't seem so magical in comparison. He definitely gets something out of their relationship. He had many chances to leave. He didn't because it does him a world of good in his mind. 

This became much clearer to me when they were on Couple's Therapy. He outright said that part of the reason he stayed was because of what people would say on social media if he left. He milks Cate's problems for all they are worth, maybe even more than she does. He'd be exposed as utterly mediocre with any other partner. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I've got to strongly strongly strongly agree. Both halves of a codependent couple are narcissistic to an extent. With an equal or superior partner, he wouldn't be able to play God. With someone smarter, more conventionally attractive, more accomplished, etc, he wouldn't seem so magical in comparison. He definitely gets something out of their relationship. He had many chances to leave. He didn't because it does him a world of good in his mind. 

This became much clearer to me when they were on Couple's Therapy. He outright said that part of the reason he stayed was because of what people would say on social media if he left. He milks Cate's problems for all they are worth, maybe even more than she does. He'd be exposed as utterly mediocre with any other partner. 

I wish I had more than one like to give, especially because of the parts bolded by me.

Tyler acts so put-upon when Cate brings up her depression & Butch discusses rehab, but he's the first one to bring up their problems to others/on social media/etc to make himself look the hero. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, druzy said:

I thought it was very odd. She usually tweets and she links to Instagram to show the post in Instagram. Maybe the rehab told her not to tweet for 2 weeks, so she used Instagram. That would be her logic. But now there is radio silence.

That was my thought too. We advise you to stay of Twitter, bam, instagram it is!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree with you and of course @MyPeopleAreNordic‘S original post. The way I see it though is that it’s not misery if you like it! Granted I think Catelynn gets more out of the relationship than Tyler, Tyler DOES have other interests (like rehabbing the homes) which he works on and follows through. He can have an idea and complete it from start to finish. I haven’t seen Cate complete ANYTHING that wasn’t a biological  process (pregnancy). 

Neither one of them is being held hostage- they are both competent adults, and have made the choice to be together. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you and of course @MyPeopleAreNordic‘S original post. The way I see it though is that it’s not misery if you like it! Granted I think Catelynn gets more out of the relationship than Tyler, Tyler DOES have other interests (like rehabbing the homes) which he works on and follows through. He can have an idea and complete it from start to finish. I haven’t seen Cate complete ANYTHING that wasn’t a biological  process (pregnancy). 

Neither one of them is being held hostage- they are both competent adults, and have made the choice to be together. 

That's true too. I think Tyler might have more potential than Cate in terms of career and education. I do think Cate is a little kinder and less arrogant than him at heart too (thinking of how she initially thought of Brandon's and Teresa's rules versus how she thinks of them now after being convinced by Tyler). Both are worse when together. But they're deciding to be. And that's their mutual problem. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Co-sign. She need to leave treatment 4 days early to...."get her wardrobe ready" for the reunion. Are you shitting me? Your wardrobe??? Better not be another horrendous, Florence Henderson, 70s outfit. 

I realize 4 days isn't that much...but it's an overall pattern of only getting help when it suits her. I will not deny her severe issues, but after so long....PLEASE, just get serious about your mental health! (I grew up with a bi-polar step-father. Would never stay on his meds. Moved a lot. Changed jobs a lot. Limited income. Committed once. At some point, you just can't deal with it any more.)

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Co-sign. She need to leave treatment 4 days early to...."get her wardrobe ready" for the reunion. Are you shitting me? Your wardrobe??? Better not be another horrendous, Florence Henderson, 70s outfit. 

I realize 4 days isn't that much...but it's an overall pattern of only getting help when it suits her. I will not deny her severe issues, but after so long....PLEASE, just get serious about your mental health! (I grew up with a bi-polar step-father. Would never stay on his meds. Moved a lot. Changed jobs a lot. Limited income. Committed once. At some point, you just can't deal with it any more.)

I was having such a crappy day until I read your post! Thanks for the much needed laugh! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

If she is participating in an evidence-based treatment the 4 days could be 2-4 sessions.  Not effacious at all. EBTs are structured and manualized, meaning session one you do this, session two you do this, etc.  Usually 12 to 16 session depending on the treatment. 

• Love 7

I'm thinking they just fast tracked her treatment plan a bit. Those staff have meetings every morning to review everyone. In the grand picture the last few days won't make or break her. My issue is the post treatment plan. If she didn't have a baby at home I would hope they would try her in a halfway house to get scheduling and adult daily living down. I really think she lacks those basic skills.

• Love 7