Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I've had children, and was always able to get a little mascara and cleanish hair going everyday. Not gorgeous, but presentable. I can't believe Cate sticks herself out there on camera with a pasty unhealthy complexion full of sores she gets from anxiously picking her face. And yeah, if you aren't in a place to lose the weight, stop talking about it. That quesadilla scene is ridiculous. Tyler still talks like a teenager, but Cate sets herself up by throwing that thing out there claiming it has 7 points and acting proud of that.

He is who he is... both of them are stunted and stuck at 16. In fact it seems a common thing with the teen moms. Trauma plus fame equals stunted mental growth. Even the rockstar of the franchise Chelsea still talks and acts like a little girl. She just was lucky enough to have a good family. But her desire for endless pets and a new baby (and Range Rover) just seems to be the girl still waiting for the prince. 

I don't trust for a minute that April and rough looking new hubby are clean and healthy.  April still looks strung out to me (I've seen enough Interventions to see the after product), and their house is full of liquor bottles for "decor". Interesting choice. 

I just looked at that clip again. Jesus. So Tyler thinks all the calories are in the chicken and not the cheese and tortilla? Carbs lesson 101, buddy! And Cate thinks she can't lose weight in between having kids? Not every pregnancy is an 80 pounder. Especially given that she was eating herself and the baby into danger. Grr

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I've had children, and was always able to get a little mascara and cleanish hair going everyday. Not gorgeous, but presentable. I can't believe Cate sticks herself out there on camera with a pasty unhealthy complexion full of sores she gets from anxiously picking her face. And yeah, if you aren't in a place to lose the weight, stop talking about it. That quesadilla scene is ridiculous. Tyler still talks like a teenager, but Cate sets herself up by throwing that thing out there claiming it has 7 points and acting proud of that.

Cate's generally unwashed appearance and the omnipresent zebra-print hoodie are clear indicators that she's still depressed, in my opinion. I went through a brief bout of depression as a teen and did the same thing---I barely showered, barely washed my hair, and wore the same long-sleeved shirt all the time. In fact, when I started coming out of it, my mom actually threw the shirt away and a couple other choice outfits. Cate wears that sweatshirt all the time because it's comfortable and she doesn't want to try anymore because she doesn't have it in her to try anymore. As for her sickly looks...homegirl isn't taking care of herself. She's also not doing anything remotely stimulating during the day. Even just getting up and walking around the neighborhood for half-an-hour a day is something that can motivate her. But she just doesn't care anymore. She needs serious help; going to that quack "therapist" on TV and only spending a month in a therapy center aren't going to cut it. 

• Love 6

"I'm a piece of shit husband, I'm a douchebag, scrawny beam pole, disrespectful asshole, judgmental, loud mouth prick"

"Honored to be society's punching bag distraction so they don't have to focus on their own morbidly pitiful flaws inside themselves #Swing"

Tyler going off on twitter.

Sigh. If only someone could take the phones out of their hands. If they keep up on this path they won't be able to afford them before long. Although I can see a future of paying the cell bill before the doctor's appts. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl

I'm not sure what he thought would happen when he called his wife a heifer on national TV. Like, did he think people would be cool with it? Even the viewers who don't think it's emotional abuse were calling him out. Here's a hint, Tyler; if you don't want to be judged for the shit you say on television, maybe rethink being on television. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I agree that the open adoption may be too open, despite the fact that Cate only physically sees Carly about once a year. She was losing it hardcore when she visited Carly before the wedding. Even after, Catelynn was still very upset and emotional. I can't remember if she's acted this way before, or if the situation was getting to her more often than usual because of Nova's presence and the reminder that while Catelynn biologically has two children, she's only raising one. I think it's getting to be too much for her to handle. Maybe putting an end to physical visits until Carly is old enough to decide for herself is the best way to go. Cate seemingly breaks down both before and after each visit, and Tyler uses the visits to act even more self-entitled and lord it over everybody that he's Carly's genetic father ('She called me Daddy", anyone?). 

Catelyn might have realized that she's living the life she was NOT going to live by giving Carly up. That she's no better off, even with the MTV money, than she was when she was pregnant with Carly. What's worse is that when they first appeared on the show they were basically considered to have made the wisest decision and they talked the talk about sacrificing so both they and Carly would have the best chance for a good future. They had people wanting to help them, setting up funds for their education and future, and yet where are they? Still sitting around eating takeout and talking about the big plans they have for the future. Do they even have any friends from school left? Or have they all moved on?

Catelyn has to wonder " if this is my life now, why did I give my child away? I'm no better off for having done it"

• Love 8

That sounds very likely. She could have her baby and be free of "Disrespectful Asshole Douchebag" if she had only known this show was going to be a hit. Thinking about it that way makes me sad for her. I can only imagine what her thoughts are in her own brain, all the time. Now I just want to give her a hug and listen to her. Really hear her. 

And I would love to kick Tyler in the shin until he cries. Then kick him out and tell him to fend for himself and see just how far he gets without Cate and this show. Dweeby little rat fink prick. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, MissMel said:

That sounds very likely. She could have her baby and be free of "Disrespectful Asshole Douchebag" if she had only known this show was going to be a hit. Thinking about it that way makes me sad for her. I can only imagine what her thoughts are in her own brain, all the time. Now I just want to give her a hug and listen to her. Really hear her. 

And I would love to kick Tyler in the shin until he cries. Then kick him out and tell him to fend for himself and see just how far he gets without Cate and this show. Dweeby little rat fink prick. 

I'm not sure if Cate would even be on the show given that the only reason she was picked on "16 and Pregnant" was that she and Tyler were giving Carly up for adoption from the get-go. It's been said that for the first season, the show's producers were specifically looking for a couple who were giving their child up, and C&T agreed to do the show when Dawn ran it past them. Maybe if Cate kept Carly at the last minute she would still have gotten the chance to be featured on "Teen Mom", but she was only on TV in the first place because she was placing Carly. If she's still thinking that everything would've worked out if she chose to parent the first time, then she needs to let go of that idea because who knows what would've happened? 

Catelynn's present-day life is exactly what it would've been like if she kept Carly. She's got no job, no education, is still living in the same dead-end town, is still in close contact with her awful family members, is still clinging to her middle-school boyfriend, and is virtually a single mother. Her life hasn't changed at all since the adoption, and she never did any of the things she said she would do to justify placing Carly. I think in her mind, she's never done anything remotely important that would have warranted giving Carly up. I can see why she'd be depressed. 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2016 at 8:32 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

That's a really good question: was Carly's adoption as beneficial for Catelynn as it was for Carly? I have no idea because Cate just seemed to struggle so much with her decision, especially since she received no support from her family members for it. I think if she really did do all the things she said she would do post-adoption---go to college, get a great job---that it really wouldn't be a question. Instead, she barely finished high school, never really bothered with college, stayed in her dead-end town with her horrible family, and married her middle-school boyfriend and had a kid with him. It's like Cate's life has been stuck on pause for the past seven years, and she has no idea how to restart it. 

That's a great point. I've always felt really sorry for Cate because she just seems so untethered. I think school has always been a struggle for her- even if she had never gotten pregnant in the first place, I think college was always a reach for her. She has no stability in her home life, she has never developed any kind of study skills or work skills, the people who are supposed to be looking out for her have been no help, she's been afflicted with depression for probably more than half her life, which I would bet NO ONE in her personal life really understands...no wonder she hangs on to Tyler so hard.

If that asshole was remotely a good person, he would cut the tie. She's never going to be able to do it herself. And it isn't even like he hangs onto her, knowing it would be better for her to be alone, because he so desperately wants to be with her and can't imagine life without her. He hangs on to her solely for her personal gain; he doesn't even really seem to like her.

• Love 4

I hate that we're coming into the show tonight before Cate even hits rehab. So what exactly has happened since? They went back to Hawaii (because every mom loves going from an Arizona rehab to a vacation - did the child appear in either place for more than a hot minute?).  They're starting a business of reuniting loved ones. Is this an MTV project, because fail. And I've looked at their snapchat ... Lots of pics of people sitting on sofas watching Nova dance around in a diaper and no shirt. I know it's summer, but geez, how about a cute summer outfit. I know, she might wear one 23 hours a day, so settle down Tyler. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I hate that we're coming into the show tonight before Cate even hits rehab. So what exactly has happened since? They went back to Hawaii (because every mom loves going from an Arizona rehab to a vacation - did the child appear in either place for more than a hot minute?).  They're starting a business of reuniting loved ones. Is this an MTV project, because fail. And I've looked at their snapchat ... Lots of pics of people sitting on sofas watching Nova dance around in a diaper and no shirt. I know it's summer, but geez, how about a cute summer outfit. I know, she might wear one 23 hours a day, so settle down Tyler. 

I'm actually interested in seeing whether or not Cate's treatment-trip will be filmed or not. Her father posted photos of the MTV crew at the rehab center, so time will tell if it was filmed. And if it was, then I have no hope that the therapy worked. How could it when you have cameras shoved in your face all the time? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I just read that Tyler is "in therapy" for making  comments on Cate's weight. I didn't realize that there was a therapy available for being a douchebag. 

For real? Ugh. He's most likely bitching to his "therapist" about how nobody understands him and he feels so judged and triggered from people calling him out for insulting his wife. And that woman will just nod and say, "No one really knows what you've been through, Tyler. It's normal to lash out", thus completely validating his shittiness. 

• Love 2

Wait, what? What KIND of therapy? Is he learning not to be an abusive asshole? Or is he dealing with PTSD because "haters" on the internet were calling him out for being an abusive asshole?  Tyler just likes therapy so he can sit around and talk about himself for hours. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

For real? Ugh. He's most likely bitching to his "therapist" about how nobody understands him and he feels so judged and triggered from people calling him out for insulting his wife. And that woman will just nod and say, "No one really knows what you've been through, Tyler. It's normal to lash out", thus completely validating his shittiness. 

For real. Not because he's an asshole, chauvanist, deluded, and narcissistc, rather, he needs to work on his "delivery of messages and opinions" LOL

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/08/tyler-baltierra-in-therapy-after-comments-about-catelynn-lowells/

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I'm actually interested in seeing whether or not Cate's treatment-trip will be filmed or not. Her father posted photos of the MTV crew at the rehab center, so time will tell if it was filmed. And if it was, then I have no hope that the therapy worked. How could it when you have cameras shoved in your face all the time? 

All that "therapy" was designed to be was a socially acceptable 4 week vacation from her child. 4 weeks would not even scratch the surface of all the help Cate needs.

I mean, for the first 16-17 years of her life, survival was her main goal. Worries about mental health, self esteem, school performance, preparation for the job market, personal enrichment- worrying about any of that was probably a luxury for someone who wasn't sure where her next meal was coming from or where she would be sleeping that night. Cate needs to be in regular therapy with a legit counselor, and it may take years to see a noticeable improvement.

• Love 5

I'm watching the episode where they go to their "therapist" and they tell her Nova goes to a grandparent's house two to three nights a week. I remember I thought it was absurd at the time but now I have an almost 3 month old baby and I can't even believe it.  Yes it can be really hard and yes I would love a good night's sleep but we haven't left her overnight anywhere and we only left her for a few hours like, maybe 4 times.  And once was to go to a baptism prep class so it certainly wasn't fun. We went out for our anniversary and to a concert and that is all we have done all summer.  Do I miss being able to do whatever, whenever? Sure sometimes but I also love being a mom and realize that my life is different now.  How can they leave that baby for half the week???!  AND it's not like they are even leaving her so they can go out for a special occasion, they leave her and sit around the house!   Catelyn says she doesn't want to get up at 7????!  Waking up at 7 is what normal people without kids do.  I would love to sleep until 7!!!!  What a dumb lazy slob.  So sad.  I feel so sad for their baby.  

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:38 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

I don't think she is too lazy to do this, she is clinically depressed.  I will say that after having a baby, I did not feel like putting makeup on, but I always showered, especially if I was going out.  I didn't really care about looking good, just because I felt like who cares what I look like, I am not going clubbing - I am going to the store.  But Catelynn is not in the "new mom" mind-set, she is in the depressed, cannot pull out of it mind-set.  And that is very scary, and sad.  The dieting talk and no action is also part of the depression.  I know that people think it is "all in your head" when depressed, but unless you get help it can be impossible to pull yourself out. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:26 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

Cate's generally unwashed appearance and the omnipresent zebra-print hoodie are clear indicators that she's still depressed, in my opinion. I went through a brief bout of depression as a teen and did the same thing---I barely showered, barely washed my hair, and wore the same long-sleeved shirt all the time.

Absolutely.  She is not lazy, she is seriously depressed.  With depression, there is always an omnipresent article of clothing involved.  Sad but true.

13 minutes ago, poopchute said:

AND it's not like they are even leaving her so they can go out for a special occasion, they leave her and sit around the house!   Catelyn says she doesn't want to get up at 7????!  Waking up at 7 is what normal people without kids do.  I would love to sleep until 7!!!!  What a dumb lazy slob.  So sad.  I feel so sad for their baby.  

Yeah does she realize that all parents wake up early with their kids?  7:00am would be pretty nice, as my 3 year old starts yelling "mommmmaaaayyyy" at 5:45am! 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I'm watching the episode where they go to their "therapist" and they tell her Nova goes to a grandparent's house two to three nights a week. I remember I thought it was absurd at the time but now I have an almost 3 month old baby and I can't even believe it.  Yes it can be really hard and yes I would love a good night's sleep but we haven't left her overnight anywhere and we only left her for a few hours like, maybe 4 times.  And once was to go to a baptism prep class so it certainly wasn't fun. We went out for our anniversary and to a concert and that is all we have done all summer.  Do I miss being able to do whatever, whenever? Sure sometimes but I also love being a mom and realize that my life is different now.  How can they leave that baby for half the week???!  AND it's not like they are even leaving her so they can go out for a special occasion, they leave her and sit around the house!   Catelyn says she doesn't want to get up at 7????!  Waking up at 7 is what normal people without kids do.  I would love to sleep until 7!!!!  What a dumb lazy slob.  So sad.  I feel so sad for their baby.  

If you ask me, Cate never wanted to be a mother. I think her affection for Carly is legit, but she didn't want the responsibility of raising her (or maybe she did, until she realized the amount of work it involved). I think what she likes best about Carly is that someone else is doing the tedious work. I think Amber is the same way- she wants to do the fun stuff, at her convenience, and leave the boring or hard parts (ie 95% of parenting) to someone else. Cate probably wants to dress up Nova and take selfies and maybe play peek a boo for a few minutes, then pass her off to someone else when Nova is cranky, or teething, or up in the middle of the night, or doing something that requires any kind of physical activity- such as chasing them around the living room because they keep crawling towards stuff that are dangerous for them.

I do believe Cate has some serious depression issues and is at a serious disadvantage for most things, given her upbringing. But that doesn't excuse her from half assing parenting. I think Cate had another baby because she didn't know what else to do with rest of her life, and having a baby doesn't require schooling or work experience. That was not a good reason to have another baby.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Tatum said:

If you ask me, Cate never wanted to be a mother. I think her affection for Carly is legit, but she didn't want the responsibility of raising her (or maybe she did, until she realized the amount of work it involved). I think what she likes best about Carly is that someone else is doing the tedious work. I think Amber is the same way- she wants to do the fun stuff, at her convenience, and leave the boring or hard parts (ie 95% of parenting) to someone else. Cate probably wants to dress up Nova and take selfies and maybe play peek a boo for a few minutes, then pass her off to someone else when Nova is cranky, or teething, or up in the middle of the night, or doing something that requires any kind of physical activity- such as chasing them around the living room because they keep crawling towards stuff that are dangerous for them.

I think Cate really wanted to be a mother...until the hard work kicked in and she realized she was truly out of her depth. What's odd is that she and Tyler both realized how difficult it would be to raise a baby when they were teenagers. Then they were completely thrown off when they had a baby of their own. I definitely think the adoption messed with their expectations of parenthood and they thought it would be all fun and rainbows like it was whenever they visited Carly. They don't want to admit that they weren't ready to be parents. 

• Love 6

No matter what this ass clown says to her she just smiles and nods. Never does she disagree.  Never tells him to fuck off. Never says that hurt my feelings.  Just smiling and nodding to keep him happy. At all costs don't disagree with Lord Tyler.

She makes me so sad. I don't think I would have the awesome relationship I have w my husband if I couldn't tell him to STFU every once in a while. It helps to keep the harmony. She'd feel better about herself if she threw some of that crappie back at him once in a while. He's too impressed with the sound of his own voice.  

She could give Kim her ass to kiss while she was at it. How dare those two bitches sit around and talk shit about Cate.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11

Kim finally lost me when she laughed over Tyler calling Cate a heifer. Something tells me she wouldn't be laughing if Cate admitted that she insulted Tyler's tiny head or something. And then Kim has the nerve to complain that Cate has no drive to do something with her life. Meanwhile, her son has not only not finished college, but has admitted that he doesn't want a regular job because he thinks it's beneath him. Suck on that Kim; your precious baby boy is a complete and total loser. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

I do believe Cate has some serious depression issues and is at a serious disadvantage for most things, given her upbringing. But that doesn't excuse her from half assing parenting. I think Cate had another baby because she didn't know what else to do with rest of her life, and having a baby doesn't require schooling or work experience. That was not a good reason to have another baby.

I most certainly think Cate has mental health issues, she needs treatment for her depression. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she basically raise Nick until she took custody because April was out doing god knows what with whomever? How old is Nick now, 12?

Nick was so attached to her as if she was his primary caregiver. I think Cate might be having issues bonding with Nova due to 1. Depression, 2. Unresolved issues over the adoption, 3. Issues with April. She "knows" how to care for a baby she cared for Nick, but she doesn't want to, "why"......if she's ever going to move forward with her parenting, her life etc she's got to acknowledge there's a problem. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

For real. Not because he's an asshole, chauvanist, deluded, and narcissistc, rather, he needs to work on his "delivery of messages and opinions" LOL

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/08/tyler-baltierra-in-therapy-after-comments-about-catelynn-lowells/

why are Cate & Tyler so obsessed with therapy? it has its purpose, but it's not the answer to everything, in fact, it seems it hasnt been the answer to anything for them.

it's almost like they are afraid to be adults themselves and are always looking for other adults to validate their feelings or instruct them on what to do and how to act. or like they need somewhere to go on a regular basis since they dont work or go to school.

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah does she realize that all parents wake up early with their kids?  7:00am would be pretty nice, as my 3 year old starts yelling "mommmmaaaayyyy" at 5:45am! 

5:10 this morning. I would kill for 7. 

I also do my hair and makeup every single day, but that's more for me than anyone else. I just feel better if I "get ready" in the morning. 

11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Nick was so attached to her as if she was his primary caregiver. I think Cate might be having issues bonding with Nova due to 1. Depression, 2. Unresolved issues over the adoption, 3. Issues with April. She "knows" how to care for a baby she cared for Nick, but she doesn't want to, "why"......if she's ever going to move forward with her parenting, her life etc she's got to acknowledge there's a problem. 

After watching last night's episode, I believe Cate is terrified to get close to Nova because she thinks she's going to screw her up. She doesn't really have any positive experience of the mother-daughter relationship. She might think that her childhood and her mental health issues have set her up to be a bad mom, and that will in turn make her ruin Nova for life. I could be wrong, because then why would she leave Nova with the very person who screwed HER up? But her fears definitely seemed real when she was talking to her therapist last night. I said it in the episode thread, but this girl needs REAL, intensive therapy - without cameras or any connection to Tyler. She'll never be 100% truthful with MTV filming. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I also do my hair and makeup every single day, but that's more for me than anyone else. I just feel better if I "get ready" in the morning. 

After watching last night's episode, I believe Cate is terrified to get close to Nova because she thinks she's going to screw her up. She doesn't really have any positive experience of the mother-daughter relationship. She might think that her childhood and her mental health issues have set her up to be a bad mom, and that will in turn make her ruin Nova for life. I could be wrong, because then why would she leave Nova with the very person who screwed HER up? But her fears definitely seemed real when she was talking to her therapist last night. I said it in the episode thread, but this girl needs REAL, intensive therapy - without cameras or any connection to Tyler. She'll never be 100% truthful with MTV filming. 

Given how badly I think Cate is struggling with depression, it might be her opinion that Nova is better off with the person who screwed Cate up than with Cate herself. Which might be true, but Cate has a responsibility to her child to get help- REAL help. And definitely double up on birth control from now on (assuming that is necessary; not sure C&T bone on the regular. But just in case).

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Tatum said:

And definitely double up on birth control from now on (assuming that is necessary; not sure C&T bone on the regular. But just in case).

Lol, given the face Tyler pulled when Cate said, "If we want a big family, we need to start now", I don't think he wants to bone at all. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Lol, given the face Tyler pulled when Cate said, "If we want a big family, we need to start now", I don't think he wants to bone at all. 

Maybe they're like Dale and Nancy Gribble, and Tyler only has sex with Cate on her birthday and Christmas. I really can't see them going at it at all. They seem so sexless when they're together. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Dr Drew told Cate that smoking pot is not a good thing with the meds she's on. Funny that the wonderful therapist Kathleen, who seems to have upgraded her office, hasn't bothered to relay that.

It was a nice curtain she used to block the copier.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Dr Drew told Cate that smoking pot is not a good thing with the meds she's on. Funny that the wonderful therapist Kathleen, who seems to have upgraded her office, hasn't bothered to relay that.

Has Cate been honest to Kathleen about her pot smoking? Maybe Kathleen did mention to Cate in prior sessions about pot smoking interfering with the medications Cate is taking. We know Cate knows that bad eating can lead to weight issues, but has that stopped her from eating junk food and trying to convince herself that a quesadilla filled with cheese and chicken is only worth 7 points? I suppose Cate thinks a slice of pizza is worth ten points if it has mushroom and bell pepper toppings. At some point, Cate has to be responsible for herself.  She chooses to smoke pot and drink. She has to know that the alcohol is affecting her medications, but does it stop her from ingesting the alcohol? No.

• Love 4

I have no objection to anyone smoking pot, but should someone with this proximity to addiction issues and self-medicating tendencies with food, as well as active prescriptions for antidepressants, really be doing that? Smoke pot all you like, it's not harmful in and of itself, but when you combine it with the rest of these things, it does start to look like something you want to avoid. 

• Love 1

I never get into the whole pot smoking debate. Except when people are being hypocritical about it such as the topic of Jo and Kail, both of whom were pot smokers.

Catelynn and Tyler both come from families where addiction has been a problem in their respective families. I don't believe Cate has just recently taken up pot smoking. There was a photo released years ago of her smoking pot with her teen friends. Then, there was the incident for which she and Tyler were both arrested for pot smoking when they were teens. MTV hid this information from the public. These two have been smoking pot for years. I get that these two had to deal with some major shit growing up, but at some point they need to grow up and face the real world. MTV doesn't drug test these people. If Cate and Tyler had to suddenly get real jobs, they'd be up shit creek. Even if they were lucky to get a job that doesn't do any sort of drug testing, they both come off lazy. If I had to choose who would fair better in a real job, it would be Cate, and that is only after getting herself some real help and getting away from Tyler. As long as she is with Tyler, I see no hope for her. She wants babies!

• Love 3

I have several thoughts. Up thread it was mentioned that Cate's life is exactly the same now as it would've been if she keepy Carly, while I think that is mostly truly there is one thing that would be different. Tyler would've been long gone if they kept Carly. 

Also, about this therapist, if it's a legitimate therapist they aren't going to let you film it as it interferes with the therapeutic relationship. Additionally, therapy only works if the people in therapy WORK on changing things. They don't want to do the work they just want to talk about the "problem". 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Also, about this therapist, if it's a legitimate therapist they aren't going to let you film it as it interferes with the therapeutic relationship. Additionally, therapy only works if the people in therapy WORK on changing things. They don't want to do the work they just want to talk about the "problem". 

This is the thing I have always felt with Tyler and Catelynn.  I don't know that she really wants help as much as she just wants to make sure Tyler is not going anywhere. As for Tyler, he just wants to hear himself talk and get a professional to agree with him. It is no different than one going to a medical doctor. A doctor will tell you what they feel is best for you and your health, it is up to you to follow through. Catelynn didn't listen to her doctor when she was told she had gestational diabetes. She ignored the doctor's orders and continued to eat the way she wanted.

From US Magazine: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teen-mom-ogs-catelynn-lowell-talks-two-recent-panic-attacks-w435360

Lowell says that although she is currently on birth control, the couple have talked about the possibility of expanding their brood, with Baltierra having recently joked that he wants six kids. (They are also parents to Carly, 7, who they placed for adoption, as documented by MTV in season 1 of 16 and Pregnant.) Lowell knows she could potentially deal with postpartum depression again with another pregnancy, but she feels better equipped to handle it.

“My counselor even said, ‘The next time that you’re pregnant, you make a plan,’” she says. “Make a plan, and you tell people, ‘If this happens again, I need this from you.’ You know? To help me through it. You just have to ask for the help and make a plan ahead of time. And it’s definitely scary, and it’s something to think, about but I know that it can be overcome.”

Edited by GreatKazu
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I also wonder if Cate feels guilty that she is raising Nova and not Carly. Maybe she feels like she's almost betraying Carly by parenting Nova & therefore she's afraid to bond with Nova.

• Love 5
On 8/22/2016 at 2:46 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

I think Cate really wanted to be a mother...until the hard work kicked in and she realized she was truly out of her depth. What's odd is that she and Tyler both realized how difficult it would be to raise a baby when they were teenagers. Then they were completely thrown off when they had a baby of their own. I definitely think the adoption messed with their expectations of parenthood and they thought it would be all fun and rainbows like it was whenever they visited Carly. They don't want to admit that they weren't ready to be parents. 

This! Also, Catelynn cannot deal with the work of being a parent due to her mental issues plus her hazy moments due to getting high. Then, there is her drinking alcohol on top of ingesting pills! . The girl is not lucid for the most part. Tyler is of no use. That is why the rest of the hicks are left to care for Chevy Nova. 

Getting high twice a day with a young child in the house scares the crap out of me. Not only is it probably interfering with her antidepressants, but when is she doing this? She's got to be high in the middle of the day when Nova is up, around, and needs a wide awake functioning parent (I doubt she's high alone without Tyler. And what about sober Butch? Is this how they handle a live-in must be sober ex-con?). I can see them justifying nap time, but has no one ever heard of an emergency? And not gonna lie - I don't trust those gigantic dogs. We know Tyler is not exactly kind in disciplining them - they can have a mind of their own. I'm an animal lover, but I know enough to give them respect and never completely trust what is in their heads. Tyler being an abusive a-hole to them isn't helpful. 

This is where I can't give Cate a pass no matter what craziness is going on in her head. When I had young children I was quite the sober character (not that I'm a lush now.. or whatever!). You just NEVER know when the next ER trip is going to be. Nova could even trip and fall on a toy the wrong way (my own son ran and hit the bottom of the fridge - 8 stitches in the forehead), and who is driving to the ER and explaining what happened?  I can see a few relaxing tokes after bedtime (but again, Cate is screwing with her meds), but this twice a day shit pisses me off. And look how that limits you - go shopping, go to the park, go to a mommy and me activity, go to the library (my kids LOVED that). All shit no one is doing. Grow the fuck up you two dummies. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

l. 

This is where I can't give Cate a pass no matter what craziness is going on in her head. When I had young children I was quite the sober character (not that I'm a lush now.. or whatever!). You just NEVER know when the next ER trip is going to be. Nova could even trip and fall on a toy the wrong way (my own son ran and hit the bottom of the fridge - 8 stitches in the forehead), and who is driving to the ER and explaining what happened?  I can see a few relaxing tokes after bedtime (but again, Cate is screwing with her meds), but this twice a day shit pisses me off. And look how that limits you - go shopping, go to the park, go to a mommy and me activity, go to the library (my kids LOVED that). All shit no one is doing. Grow the fuck up you two dummies. 

This is where I think you'd hear the "But I'm a celebrity, I can't have a normal life like that" excuse. It's why this show is veering into the darkness a little: they've created these cocoons of quasi fame for these people, with just enough money to be irreplaceable but not enough money or education to turn that into FU money. In almost every case, none of these people can just go work at like Home Depot or something, their boss will find out who they are and decide they don't need the hassle. They're certainly not going to make a living they're used to starting any job, anywhere, so why stop filming? They can only have jobs being "Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell!". Farrah literally only gets work because she's Teen Mom's Farrah. These people are talentless or lazy or both.

But now MTV has culpability in how fucked up the lives of these people, and worse, these children, will be, when this is all over. They should have kept paying them in deferred trusts to keep the whole thing realistic, to see them struggle their way through it, if they were going to keep patting themselves on the back for their infinitesimal contribution to reduced teen pregnancy rates (this is correlation without causation, Dr Drew, come on!). Then these kids would have been halfway forced to find some way to make legitimate money: go to college, learn a trade, get a job. Instead, the show now portrays being a teen mom as (a) being 25 and (b) moving to a new house every season and (c) having FOUR CARS? Lots of teem moms I know have those. 

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, heatherchandler said:

sorry I meant to quote something regarding the zebra hoodie.

I just wanted to say that Jenelle was wearing the same hoodie in her 16 & Pregnant ep...which was like, six years ago or something. I re-watched it a couple of weeks ago & I was like, "hey!  there's Cate's hoodie!"

Edited by teapot
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Getting high twice a day with a young child in the house scares the crap out of me. Not only is it probably interfering with her antidepressants, but when is she doing this? She's got to be high in the middle of the day when Nova is up, around, and needs a wide awake functioning parent (I doubt she's high alone without Tyler. And what about sober Butch? Is this how they handle a live-in must be sober ex-con?). I can see them justifying nap time, but has no one ever heard of an emergency? And not gonna lie - I don't trust those gigantic dogs. We know Tyler is not exactly kind in disciplining them - they can have a mind of their own. I'm an animal lover, but I know enough to give them respect and never completely trust what is in their heads. Tyler being an abusive a-hole to them isn't helpful. 

I agree with this. This is what is so frustrating. ALL these girls, except for maybe Chelsea and Maci, have some serious issues to overcome stemming from their childhoods, as well as various mood disorders, and that requires a serious commitment and patience (finding the right combination of therapy and anti depressants or anxiety pills can take months, or years).

Yet all these girls want a quick fix. Pot, Vicodin, attention from men, pregnancy- those things all work for a short while to distract them from whatever ails them, but then they're right back at square one, only with a drug addiction or another child they aren't in the right place to properly care for.

I don't have a problem with smoking pot as long as you're not being irresponsible (which, like the quoted post above, I agree it's irresponsible to be stoned while supervising a young child). But if you're self medicating with it, you're merely slapping a band-aid on a gaping wound. Get some REAL help.

• Love 7

Well said Tatum. 

3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Thank you. I feel I am sometimes alone with my feelings about Catelynn. But you just pointed out a few things that justifies my feelings and why I have more outrage at Catelynn than sympathy. 

Amber has similar issues. She rarely gets any sympathy. I gave up on her. 

Nova and the other children are my concern. Damn these parents!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

I think if Catelynn is admitting to smoking weed twice a day, it's more than that. I also don't have a problem with it as long as you're still managing to be productive. 

• Love 6

I really hate to mention Cate's weight, but if she's smoking that much it's probably contributing significantly to her weight gain.  Munchies are real!  Food never tastes so good as when you've been smoking.  I don't know why.  Not to mention that it's probably also a factor in her lack of exercise.  Of course these are generalities and there are exceptions.  I've been around a lot of pot smokers at different points in my life and there were a few regular daily smokers who were very active.  I had one friend who was in college and would take huge hits and then sit and study.  I asked her how on earth she could retain any of the information and she said she could retain it better.  She worked hard and graduated near the top of her class.  She's very successful now.  But most of the regular daily smokers I knew/know become one with the lazy boy after work.  Cate is obviously in the more common second category and needs to give it up while she's getting herself together.  Then save it for when someone else is taking care of the kids.  And save it for when your NOT driving a car on public roads FFS.

Edited by eskimo
to add
  • Love 5

Cate cannot muster energy to do something productive. She only has the energy to put a bong to her mouth.

5 minutes ago, poopchute said:

What does Catelyn look like these days?  If she has been doing weight watchers since January she probably has lost a lot of weight.

I doubt she is actually on WW. There was an article back in April where Catelynn mentioned wanting to try Weight Watchers. Instead, she is plugging the the waist trainer thing that Jenelle and Kailyn post on their social media pages:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/catelynn-lowell-waist-training-weight-loss-struggles-pic--2015205

Edited by SPLAIN

nder if they realize that the lifestyle they enjoy today is all a direct result of giving Carly up for adoption!  They did right by her ..but the truth is they were chosen by MTV because the show wanted a teen couple going the adoption route .  If they had kept Carly; they would never have been chosen to be on 16 and Pregnant  and Teen Mom... they ...or should I say Cate and Carly would be living in some trailer park with Tyler long gone.

This is from pretty far back but I am just catching up after the season premiere. I actually disagree that the adoption plan was the only reason they were picked for 16 & Pregnant. Yes, MTV probably wanted at least one mom who was planning to place her baby for adoption, but I think some of the other details in Catelynn & Tyler's story - most notably that their parents were married to each other - were enough to get them picked for 16&P even without the adoption plan.

• Love 6