Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Cate really has the matronly Aunt Agnes look down pat.

I don't think I've ever seen a cowl neck on anyone under 45.

Except for that ugly blouse, I really like the pic of Catelynn. With the longer hair she finally looks her age instead of April's older sister.

• Love 2

I'm really late to the party, but I just have to say regarding the wedding invite, is Catelynn just wearing the same hat as in the book cover... Or did they use the book over shoot as the engagement pictures??

I mean I guess maybe that was responsible coming from people who burn through money like there is no tomorrow, but of all the things to save money on... it's the thing you're going to have for-ev-er. And if I'm gonna be real honest they aren't even good/flattering pictures.

• Love 1

Just got a chance to look at the wedding photos. With the exception of the first photo on Starcasm (which I think may have just been an unfortunate angle), Catelynn looks fantastic, IMO. But when I saw that first picture, I feared for a moment that Delta Dawn and/or Leah from TM2 had gotten ahold of Catelynn's hair--her bangs appeared to be severely slicked down in the signature style of Elkview, WV.

I also think Amber looks positively fantastic (and healthy), and I'm one who likes her with her glasses. But it appears that she and adoption counselor Dawn decided to wear matching outfits, for some strange reason.

Maci...GAWD. That outfit is just godawful. Does she really not know by this age that wearing white to someone else's wedding is, well, unconventional? Or was it her intent to underscore some self-perceived unconventionality? And that photo of her and her man...Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, what a pair of bobble-heads! And having such a huge head only highlights Maci's poor, unfortunate receding hairline. At least Taylor (?) had the wherewithal to dress appropriately for a wedding; could he not have taken Maci aside before they left home and given her a few fashion and etiquette tips?

Agree that Kaitlyn was way too casual; again, Javi was nicely dressed in a suit, and she looked like she was ready to go have a soda at the Peach Pit. She would have been fine in even a simple sheath. I mean, I guess I should just be glad that these men give a rat's ass about how they publicly present themselves, because it's the opposite in my neck of the woods.

April looked the best I've ever seen, and I liked the black-and-white photo of Butch and Tyler/Butch Jr. They're so solemn that it really looks like they're from another era; it has a real old-timey vibe. Butch is looking old, too, and of course he had to ruin the vibe in the very next shot of him in his World Gym spaghetti-strap tank. Love that Tyler wore tails; it's so rare to see men dressed so elegantly.

My takeaway is that my eyes must be starved for well-dressed men (as Butch so wisely portends), because I enjoyed this scene way more than I ever thought I would.

• Love 2

Watching an episode on MTV right now, I think its from season 3. They all look like fetuses! So young! I see some real warmth/affection between Catelynn and Tyler that I don't see anymore from Tyler's end and it's making me sad for Catelynn. 

Same here, SYWK. I am certain that when the fun and games are over that Tyler's little butt will be out the door. Catelynn won't see it in the beginning but it really will be for the best. Tyler's Mom will be thrilled, I'm calling it right now.

• Love 1

Same here, SYWK. I am certain that when the fun and games are over that Tyler's little butt will be out the door. Catelynn won't see it in the beginning but it really will be for the best. Tyler's Mom will be thrilled, I'm calling it right now.

I think that about Kim too! I have always gotten this weird vibe that she does not like Cate (or perhaps has no problem with Cate as a person, but thinks she is not good enough for Kim's precious baby boy). In a few of the earlier seasons, when Tyler is complaining to his mom that he feels smothered by Cate, Kim seems oddly gleeful that Tyler wants some space from Cate.

If Tyler does leave Cate, I really hope he is kind enough to cut all ties with her. If he strings her along at all, I don't see Cate healing very quickly.

• Love 8

Yeah, I always got the vibe Tyler's mom didn't like Cate much either. Probably not in a personal way, but I definitely felt like she viewed Cate as an anchor trapping Tyler in a small town, white trash sort of life. I thought that she hoped after Carly was put up for adoption that the relationship would run its course and eventually they would break up and Tyler would start doing more with his life.

I have to say, as much as Cate elicits sympathy from me, I don't think Tyler's mom was wrong. I think Cate is a bit of an emotional anchor. She has no desire and very little ability to "get out" and as long as Tyler is with her, then small town, economically depressed, old before their time is going to be Tyler's world. I can't stand Tyler and think he has turned into a real asshole, but I also think he could have been capable of more. If I was either of their parents I wouldn't be thrilled with their co-dependent teenage marriage either.

If Tyler does leave Cate, I really hope he is kind enough to cut all ties with her. If he strings her along at all, I don't see Cate healing very quickly.

I don't see how he could since they have another kid. So unless he's willing to just be a dead beat dad, they're going to have to maintain some sort of relationship. Honestly at this point, I feel like they'll just cheat on each other a bunch, but not actually divorce for a very long time, if ever.

• Love 6

I feel for them. They're probably each other's best friends on top of everything else. I ended my marriage this year, we'd been together since freshman year of college (so ages 18-28 for me, 21-31 for him), and it was literally one of the most difficult things I've ever experienced. I am better educated, older, well-traveled, and don't have a kid but I nearly fell apart. Can't imagine what it'll be like for Cate (maybe Tyler too) who has done zero things in her life without Tyler as a side-kick. I think it'll take a long time for them to split up. I don't know if they're fully functional beings without the person. 

ETA: And, I agree, zero communication is the way to go in these situations. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 4

Is there nobody in either Catelynn or Tyler's families who know what adoption is? Do they all think Theresa and Brandon are just babysitting Carly? Hearing Kim talk about how frustrated she is that she hasn't seen Carly yet is ridiculous! She isn't yours, she has grandmothers already who love her.

They're just all so ridiculous how they talk about Carly.

• Love 9

Is there nobody in either Catelynn or Tyler's families who know what adoption is? Do they all think Theresa and Brandon are just babysitting Carly? Hearing Kim talk about how frustrated she is that she hasn't seen Carly yet is ridiculous! She isn't yours, she has grandmothers already who love her.

They really are. In a small way I do feel bad for them because I get the feeling maybe the adoption agency misrepresented the adoption terms, perhaps pretty badly. If they did that with Catelynn and Tyler, I can see how they might have set totally unrealistic expectations with their families.  I don't know if that's the case, but it's just a feeling I get with how they seem to feel so entitled to Carly.

• Love 6

I hate that piece of shit Tyler. I guess I'd blocked out the memory of him abusing that poor puppy. First he just threw it over the seat into the back seat of the car, then yelled at it multiple times, then when it pooped on the floor he rubbed his face in it and threw it outside. I think he did more than what was shown to that poor puppy because Cate's brother Nick was hysterical.

The poop they showed on the rug was not the poop of a healthy puppy either.

• Love 4

I was just coming here to talk about the dog abuse too. Why are the teen mom folks so awful with pets? He was so mean to that poor dog and then tried to pull the "woe is me I have issues with my temper" card. These people should NOT have pets!!!

I've been watching these marathons since MTV started showing them recently. Cate and Tyler were delt a shit hand in life but they've done nothing except famewhore on MTV in these last however many years. No school, no work, yeah sure they've got a house and fancy cars but what happens when they axe teen mom for good and these 2 disappear into obscurity? Do they really think they can ride the teen mom train forever?

• Love 3

Yeah, I always got the vibe Tyler's mom didn't like Cate much either. Probably not in a personal way, but I definitely felt like she viewed Cate as an anchor trapping Tyler in a small town, white trash sort of life. I thought that she hoped after Carly was put up for adoption that the relationship would run its course and eventually they would break up and Tyler would start doing more with his life.

I have to say, as much as Cate elicits sympathy from me, I don't think Tyler's mom was wrong. I think Cate is a bit of an emotional anchor. She has no desire and very little ability to "get out" and as long as Tyler is with her, then small town, economically depressed, old before their time is going to be Tyler's world. I can't stand Tyler and think he has turned into a real asshole, but I also think he could have been capable of more. If I was either of their parents I wouldn't be thrilled with their co-dependent teenage marriage either.

I don't see how he could since they have another kid. So unless he's willing to just be a dead beat dad, they're going to have to maintain some sort of relationship. Honestly at this point, I feel like they'll just cheat on each other a bunch, but not actually divorce for a very long time, if ever.

Bolding mine

I completely agree about Kim being entitled to her feelings. I just always got the vibe that she felt that Catelynn was solely to blame for the situation. They had been having sex for years and she acts as though her "angel" was raped or coerced. I think she can't see the forest for the trees.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 4

Bolding mine

I completely agree about Kim being entitled to her feelings. I just always got the vibe that she felt that Catelynn was solely to blame for the situation. They had been having sex for years and she acts as though her "angel" was raped or coerced. I think she can't see the forest for the trees.

I'll go even further. While it makes total sense that any mother would be concerned that her child had hitched his or her wagon to a needy, dependent partner and had voiced some trepidation over the relationship and expressed a need to have some space, that is not only what I think bothered Kim. Like I said, I picked up on a real glee from Kim when Tyler indicated he wanted a break from Cate.

It's one thing to encourage your child to do what's best for him, and to reassure him that he should not feel guilty or responsible for someone else's happiness. But the vibe I got from Kim was not unlike the feeling you get in high school when the popular quarterback publicly dumps the head cheerleader that always made fun of your shoes and got away with ditching class because your economics teacher was the football coach and showed blatant favoritism towards the "in crowd". I just kind of sensed a mean spirited happiness, like 1. Kim resented Cate for being the main woman in Tyler's life, and 2. Kim might just be one of those women who enjoys it when other women get dumped or rejected. I could see her a few years ago reading US Weekly and cackling to herself every time Jessica Simpson got dumped.

I don't know why, I just don't get a very nice vibe from Kim. Also, I think she's got some major boundary issues. I still remember the episode where Tyler wrote Brandon and Theresa a letter and invited them to his high school graduation, and they didn't decline, but said they'd have to think it over. Well Kim takes it upon herself to call them up and pressure them into it. If I recall, Tyler didn't even know how she'd gotten their number. When Tyler confronts her and tells her that she needs to not contact them at all, for anything, in order to ensure that C&T can still have a relationship with them, Kim immediately bursts into tears, which I found manipulative.

• Love 7

Oh I think everyone in this cluster fuck has the emotional IQ of a 13 year old. Including Kim. Which in an odd way I think was how Cate and Tyler's egos got so out of control. Just by acting like average 16 year olds they were de facto displaying more sense than any adult in the room.

With Kim and Cate: I think there was a lot there. 1. As long as Cate is with Tyler than Kim is closer to Butch. 2. Hate to say it, I think Kim wanted Tyler with someone prettier. And 3. It was/is/and always will be a kind of fucked up relationship. It's not shocking to me that Kim would want Tyler to get away from such an intense relationship when he's just a kid. If April wasn't one of the most damaged people on the planet then she would have been telling Cate the same thing. Let each other go. Get out and see the world. Don't tie the rest of your life to decisions you made when you were a teenager!

• Love 8

If April wasn't one of the most damaged people on the planet then she would have been telling Cate the same thing. Let each other go. Get out and see the world. Don't tie the rest of your life to decisions you made when you were a teenager!

Normally I would agree this is very sound advice. However with these two...I hate to say it, because I do like Cate, but if Tyler were to have broken up with her at any point between Carly and Nova, I don't see her refocusing her energy on school, work, exercise, hobbies, etc, regaining her self esteem, and finding true happiness. I can see her struggling to find another guy and then becoming dependent on him instead. Her terrible role models, struggles with school and learning in general (would not surprise me if Cate had an undiagnosed learning disability, or maybe she just never mastered the foundation skills needed to understand school at a higher educational level), poverty , etc have really hindered her ability to grow.

Tyler, after breaking up with Cate, may have enjoyed a few months/years banging the hottest college students/bar flies his sideways cap could attract, before ultimately settling down with a younger, thinner, prettier version of Cate and thus repeating the cycle.

I can see why people think they are each other's albatrosses, but my feeling is, if they weren't weighing each other down, they'd be weighing two OTHER people down instead.

• Love 9

Normally I would agree this is very sound advice. However with these two...I hate to say it, because I do like Cate, but if Tyler were to have broken up with her at any point between Carly and Nova, I don't see her refocusing her energy on school, work, exercise, hobbies, etc, regaining her self esteem, and finding true happiness. I can see her struggling to find another guy and then becoming dependent on him instead. Her terrible role models, struggles with school and learning in general (would not surprise me if Cate had an undiagnosed learning disability, or maybe she just never mastered the foundation skills needed to understand school at a higher educational level), poverty , etc have really hindered her ability to grow.

Tyler, after breaking up with Cate, may have enjoyed a few months/years banging the hottest college students/bar flies his sideways cap could attract, before ultimately settling down with a younger, thinner, prettier version of Cate and thus repeating the cycle.

I can see why people think they are each other's albatrosses, but my feeling is, if they weren't weighing each other down, they'd be weighing two OTHER people down instead.

Ha! I don't entirely disagree! Which brings me to one of the most intriguing things about Teen Mom OG: How little the show and all the stuff that came with it actually changed the general path of these girls lives. Farrah is the only one who I think is living a fundamentally different life. Without the show and the money I think Farrah would have married quickly (probably to someone much older) just to get out of her parents house. The rest of them? Nicer apartments and cars, but pretty much stuck in the same muck they always have been. It's weird because Farrah is awful, but at least she did something. Moved, went to school, started a career, traveled. The rest are just there where they always have been.

• Love 7

Haven't heard good things about Bethany. A lot of open adoptions close and agencies lie to birth moms. C&T were two young clueless teens. Easy to manipulate.

I think maybe Kim realizes it's probably a terrible mistake to spend the rest of your life with your girlfriend from when you were 13 years old.

What 13yo knows what they want? I'm surprised they made it this far. C&T are playing house. Tyler is just for show. Cate has low self worth. I can't see her completely turning into her mother but it's similar. Depending on a man and having low self worth.

Bolding mine

It's weird that C&T didn't know sex unprotected leads to babies. Don't they teach that in school?

I think Kim had dreams and expectations for Tyler. Then Catelynn got pregnant and they chose adoption. She might have thought C&T would move on and be broken up by now but they're playing house. I mean these two said they wanted to go to college, graduate, then become social workers. That's why they chose adoption because they wanted to achieve goals and do it for Carly, but they haven't done shit. I truly believe they had Nova to replace Carly and to get a closer relationship with her.

• Love 5

if Tyler were to have broken up with her at any point between Carly and Nova, I don't see her refocusing her energy on school, work, exercise, hobbies, etc, regaining her self esteem, and finding true happiness. I can see her struggling to find another guy and then becoming dependent on him instead. Her terrible role models, struggles with school and learning in general (would not surprise me if Cate had an undiagnosed learning disability, or maybe she just never mastered the foundation skills needed to understand school at a higher educational level), poverty , etc have really hindered her ability to grow.

I fully agree. Just watching the BTS (Behind the Scenes) special last night, there was a conversation that took place that cemented that feeling for me. The producer Kiki, I believe (whom I found annoying BTW), stated when Tyler broke up with Cate after he found out she had cheated on him. Kiki stated Cate become worse and worse each day, and Cate mentioned something along the lines of depression, I think. I am not sure as there was some cross-talk going on during that scene, hard to listen to what was being said by whom. What I got out of that scene was Cate was just devastated and not in any position of seeing the bigger picture which was having a life without Tyler. She was waiting around for Tyler to return to her. I can see her doing the same thing if that were to happen in the future. It makes it harder to break away from someone you've pretty much known for a long time. Imagine trying to break away from someone after being together for over ten years and then having a child with them?

I certainly don't have any feelings right now as to what Tyler really feels with Cate. I go back and forth with my thoughts on those two. I feel at times Tyler is with Cate because he loves her, but may have regrets about not having had a chance to enjoy a single life and checking out what else is out there. I then think he feels he has to do the right thing by Cate.

• Love 3

With the last paragraph, great Kazu, I think you nailed it. By so many little things, facial expressions, a sentence here and there, the way he says it,you can tell that he wanted to go explore life outside that relationship. I'm sad if he let guilt, sympathy or Kate's presence in general stop him in doing what he wanted. It's not about him, as much as it is about both of them experiencing and discovering life without one another. With that, there would come new realizations not just about who they want to be and their priorities, but about their wish to reconnect and be together after all. I really think they missed a chance of evolving in certain aspects that is only possible by viewing yourself as an individual and not a part of some shared identity and entity that they share. In my opinion, his wish that we assume wasn't the matter of right or wrong. It was healthy, natural and normal.

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 2

I think Tyler basically coerced Cate into the adoption by threatening to break up with her if she didn't go through with it. I've heard him say "we wouldn't be together if we hadn't placed Carly" or something to that effect. I think the adoption was Tyler's idea and he feels he has to stay with Cate 1) out of obligation since he pressured her into placing Carly and 2) his place as the guy in the only TM couple to stay together/the golden TM couple/spokesperson for Bethany Christian Services dries up if he leaves Cate.

Sometimes I get stabby when I think about all of the heat Catelynn took from Butch and April during/after the adoption. She was living with them and hearing what a POS she was for placing Carly all the time. While Butch did sometimes say shitty things to Tyler about it, Tyler went home to his mama's every night where she probably reassured him he was the best thing ever for placing Carly and made the right decision (I think Kim is the person who planted the seed about adoption in Tyler's mind in the beginning). Catelynn pretty much had to hear 24/7 how much April and Butch disapproved of the adoption (until Catelynn eventually moved in with Kim, who I think - along with Tyler - later wanted her out.) IMO Catelynn has suffered the most from the choice to place Carly while Tyler has gotten to be the awesome, super-sweet, devoted boyfriend who stuck around because they chose adoption (hope what I'm trying to say makes sense).

ETA: I think placing Carly for adoption was the right decision. I just get angry that Catelynn seemed to face constant verbal abuse in her home for that decision, while Tyler could go home to Kim where had nothing but support for the decision.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10

I think Tyler basically coerced Cate into the adoption by threatening to break up with her if she didn't go through with it. I've heard him say "we wouldn't be together if we hadn't placed Carly" or something to that effect. I think the adoption was Tyler's idea and he feels he has to stay with Cate 1) out of obligation since he pressured her into placing Carly and 2) his place as the guy in the only TM couple to stay together/the golden TM couple/spokesperson for Bethany Christian Services dries up if he leaves Cate.

Sometimes I get stabby when I think about all of the heat Catelynn took from Butch and April during/after the adoption. She was living with them and hearing what a POS she was for placing Carly all the time. While Butch did sometimes say shitty things to Tyler about it, Tyler went home to his mama's every night where she probably reassured him he was the best thing ever for placing Carly and made the right decision (I think Kim is the person who planted the seed about adoption in Tyler's mind in the beginning). Catelynn pretty much had to hear 24/7 how much April and Butch disapproved of the adoption (until Catelynn eventually moved in with Kim, who I think - along with Tyler - later wanted her out.) IMO Catelynn has suffered the most from the choice to place Carly while Tyler has gotten to be the awesome, super-sweet, devoted boyfriend who stuck around because they chose adoption (hope what I'm trying to say makes sense).

ETA: I think placing Carly for adoption was the right decision. I just get angry that Catelynn seemed to face constant verbal abuse in her home for that decision, while Tyler could go home to Kim where had nothing but support for the decision.

I agree. I think Tyler basically told Cate that giving up Carley was the only way for them to be together and implied in all that was a promise of a happy life and marriage and babies and a white picket fence.

• Love 5

Tyler has also been crowned the BEAT BOYFRIEND EVAH!! By all of the teens in the universe and he's totally bought in. So on top of giving up her baby, Catelynn is forced to feel like she is Sooo lucky to have the almighty Tyler as a boyfriend.

After having that drilled in her head for how many years, of course the girl damn near has a panic attack if he even mentions a separation. The world has been telling her she's so lucky to have him. Translation: He's slumming it being with you.

Remember the time Tyler wanted to go to a a nightclub? The girl practically shit herself at the thought of Tyler dancing with another girl.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

I think Catelynn worries that Tyler will do dirty to her like she did to him when she cheated on him with that guy back in Florida.

When she was what? 12 yrs old? Tyler never made her stop paying for those phone calls to that kid. I mean at that point Tyler knocked her up, made her give up her baby, took her engagement ring back 4 times already and he was still making her grovel.

She just won't acknowledge what a piece of shit he's been to her throughout their "relationship ".

• Love 9

Catelynn sees Tyler in a different light than we do. I think she may give him a pass for his behavior towards her because she knows what kind of life he had with Butch as a father and April as a step-mother since she herself shared that life. Cate had a lot of shit thrown her way by her own mother. She seemed to deal with it pretty well for the most part. There was a scene where April was really laying it thick on Cate, telling her what a bitch she is, reminding her what a fucked up thing it was to give away Carly, and all of these other horrible things. What does Cate do? She sits there, takes it all in, and then she slowly walks over to her mother and hugs her and tells her she loves her.  Man, I don't know many grown folk who would have done that. Cate has a forgiving heart and it doesn't stop with her mom.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I think if someone would confront Cate about Tyler, she would lay it all down on in a very logical way, because she managed to justify all types of his behavior and things he's done in a perfectly logical manner to her. It's like, she gets why he had to do all things he had did, because it was necessary and a must from his perspective. I think she's the type of person that can stand a lot of his errors and wrongdoings, but won't walk away from the relationship even though it's high time to do so for every other person.

• Love 3

As far as Kim is concerned, while she does generally seem to be more level headed... I can't get past the fact that she was with Butch for whatever period of time, so she doesn't get a pass off the train of bad decisions... I agree that it doesn't always seem like she has been 100% behind Cate and Tyler's relationship... In my head I just keep going back to the fact that at some point in her life she considered Butch a good idea, and she loses any credibility to me.

• Love 8

Man, I don't know many grown folk who would have done that. Cate has a forgiving heart and it doesn't stop with her mom.

I know! Cate is so unselfish with everyone in her life. Sad because there really isn't anyone who has ever put her first. With so few constants in her life ( I still remember her heart breaking first meeting with Teresa where she tearfully tells her she was bounced around a lot as a kid and didn't really have a place to call home), it's pretty easy for me to see why hangs on to Tyler so tightly. I am glad she picked someone so empathetic as Teresa as the adoptive mother because I think Teresa has been there for her in ways you wouldn't really expect given their relationship.

As far as Kim is concerned, while she does generally seem to be more level headed... I can't get past the fact that she was with Butch for whatever period of time, so she doesn't get a pass off the train of bad decisions... I agree that it doesn't always seem like she has been 100% behind Cate and Tyler's relationship... In my head I just keep going back to the fact that at some point in her life she considered Butch a good idea, and she loses any credibility to me.

I don't give Kim much credibility either. The ONLY thing she's ever done that was impressive to me was how nice she was to April in Cate's original 16 and Pregnant. Befriending your crazy ex's crazy wife does take a certain maturity. But other than that, nothing. Yes, Tyler had a stable place to call home, and as far as I know Kim hasn't had a substance abuse problem, but those are kind of low standards. I think she enables Tyler and tries to ingratiate herself in all aspects of his life.

• Love 4

Cate has always touched me as being such a sweet kid even when she had so little.  Compare this to Farrah who had a life of relative privilege and is horrible to everyone.  I still remember her walking into her house and Butch and April had to clear out, because they had not paid the rent.  April just put all of Cate's stuff in a trash bag and told her to find a place to live (they were not at good terms because of Butch and the adoption).  Kim took Cate in, but I can not even fathom having a childhood like that. let alone not being horribly bitter about it.

• Love 7

Cate has always touched me as being such a sweet kid even when she had so little.  Compare this to Farrah who had a life of relative privilege and is horrible to everyone.  I still remember her walking into her house and Butch and April had to clear out, because they had not paid the rent.  April just put all of Cate's stuff in a trash bag and told her to find a place to live (they were not at good terms because of Butch and the adoption).  Kim took Cate in, but I can not even fathom having a childhood like that. let alone not being horribly bitter about it.

Agree. So much baggage in Cate's life, literally! I think when she sees her life with Tyler, it pales in comparison to the shit she was given growing up. She doesn't really have anything to compare it to. Anything is better than what she had with Butch and April.

As for Kim. I suppose when she chose Butch, he may not have been into the drug scene or not as heavy into it as he was at his worst on the show. Kim may have likely dabbled in drugs too? I don't know and I won't put that on her since there are people who are definitely clean and sober and can end up with an abusive alcoholic or addict. We don't have a lot to go on with her since not a lot has been mentioned of her previous life. Plenty of people choose partners who are bad or who end up in bad situations. Look at how we are saying Catelynn could do better than Tyler. Maybe Kim was once a Cate back in her younger days. I think her finally leaving Butch was a step in the right direction. As for her giving excuses for the assaults he committed upon April, I will admit, I don't remember the finer details and can't recall her defending Butch, but if you all say she did, then I guess it happened. I can only say that maybe Kim was probably referring to Butch and April being addicts, and that the abuse is just a major symptom of that addiction. I know it isn't much to go on, but ever since April has gotten clean, she has been much more nicer and she seems to be more at peace overall. Of course, Butch is also out of her life. Butch is a complex person in that I don't know the guy simply because his addiction is front and center and all that he does is likely due to the addiction. That may have been what Kim was referring to. I can't judge her on her character for being with Butch because she may have just been young and in a similar situation just like Cate. The young people are immature and do make questionable choices as we have seen throughout this series and TM2.

• Love 1

That's the shit that pisses me off. Carly has a little brother, not a sister. Nova is not her damn sister!

Same here!  To me that's one of those family relationships you kind of get to decide. If everyone (meaning EVERYone including Brandon and Teresa) want Carly and Nova to be sisters, then great. But if not - and my guess is not - then stop pushing this relationship. Carly has a family. Nova has a family. They aren't the same family.

• Love 9

That whole interview is just another proof that she can't get over the fact that they gave her up for adoption and that, after all, Brandon and Theresa aren't just babysitting until Cate and Tyler get their stuff together and grow up.

• Love 5

That whole interview is just another proof that she can't get over the fact that they gave her up for adoption and that, after all, Brandon and Theresa aren't just babysitting until Cate and Tyler get their stuff together and grow up.

Bolding mine

Tyler is in denial too. Every time he (they) are talking about Carly he manages to throw in a "my kid' reference any time Carly is mentioned. Guess what Ty? She isn't your kid...

Bolding mine

Tyler is in denial too. Every time he (they) are talking about Carly he manages to throw in a "my kid' reference any time Carly is mentioned. Guess what Ty? She isn't your kid...

• Love 4

Best comment; 'severe postpartum depression' is not cured by spending one sunny day with your kids. To say she was 'perfectly fine' after that day is an insult to mothers everywhere who truly battle this form of depression.

Adoption doesn't mean Co parenting or baby sitting

• Love 7

Best comment; 'severe postpartum depression' is not cured by spending one sunny day with your kids. To say she was 'perfectly fine' after that day is an insult to mothers everywhere who truly battle this form of depression.

I thought that too, but I didn't want to say it at the risk of offending anyone with PPD. But yeah, depression isn't "cured". It's managed. And having a happy day doesn't just automatically reset your brain chemistry that was causing a mood disorder to begin with. That sounds dangerously close to telling a clinically depressed person to "cheer up", and "snap out of it".

I'll cut Cate some slack because I think she is just kind of ignorant about the topic. I hope no one in my August 2015 moms group with PPD/PPA reads this article. All of them see therapists, are on medication, and some of them have PTSD from a traumatic experience relating to their baby. Hearing Cate say she was "cured" by a happy moment would be highly offensive to them.

• Love 7

I think maybe Kim realizes it's probably a terrible mistake to spend the rest of your life with your girlfriend from when you were 13 years old.

This made me just stop and think about who I was at 13. I was a good kid and all, but I would not trust my 13 year old self to pick out a spouse, career or even a decent handbag. I love the stories about people that grew up with their significant other, but I think that it's kind of a rarity.

http://www.people.com/article/teen-mom-og-catelynn-lowell-baltierra-tyler-baltierra-baby-novalee-reign-carly

Catelynn talks about how Nova and Carly first met. Apparently seeing Carly was enough to remedy her postpartum depression.

Tom Cruise would approve.

• Love 6

Adoption doesn't mean Co parenting or baby sitting

This times x10000. It's ridiculous how ignorant she is. And at this point her ignorance is her own fault. I don't know what she's going through emotionally. She very well could have post partum depression, but saying that it's been "cured" by a day with Carly is a huge insult and disservice to other women with post partum depression.

Also, doesn't this seem like such a Catelynn and Tyler thing? Catelynn has Nova and has PPD, but is cured when her whole "faaaaaamily" is together, especially Carly.

• Love 5