Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Ohhh, okay. Then I'm going to put my money on cousin Kristal.

The girl does seem pretty thirsty. And if she thinks someone can afford to take her out for pizza and for nail appointments, they're essentially prince charming.

• Love 4

The article specifically mentioned someone being in a hot tub with a 38 year old bald man, so I'm assuming a girl. But that was just one instance. I can also totally imagine Gary asking Heather if she's up for some Gary Time.

I can envision Tyler in a hot tub with a 38 year old bald man.  I can't see anyone wanting any part of Gary Time.  I can't.  Just can't.

• Love 8

I can envision Tyler in a hot tub with a 38 year old bald man.  I can't see anyone wanting any part of Gary Time.  I can't.  Just can't.

I was going there too. In this day and age, who is to say only a female would be in a hot tub with a man? lol 

Didn't Tyler hook up with some old man in New Orleans to help him get his "career" started in whatever shit he was pursuing then? Wasn't it some acting coach?

• Love 2

Well, he did go down there without Catelyn to study acting.

November 2012:  Tyler says, "It's time for me to focus on my dreams." And, according to Tyler, New Orleans has a "thriving movie scene."

Forget L.A. or NYC.  When I think of the film industry, the first place that comes to mind is New Orleans.

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/11/02/teen-moms-tyler-baltierra-moves-to-new-orleans-alone-16-and-pregnant-star-is-pregnant-again

• Love 3

Thanks Bella Roche.

I had Googled for that info and came across one article that mentioned Cate was enrolled at Baker College studying social work. Ok, whatever.

I also came across this small article and it showed Tyler with this guy...who was he? I seemed to remember Tyler being with his "agent" or some acting coach. I can't remember. Anyone else?

http://www.wetpaint.com/2012-11-13-tyler-baltierra-teases-new-project-is-he-starring-in-a-movie/

• Love 1

Thanks Bella Roche.

I had Googled for that info and came across one article that mentioned Cate was enrolled at Baker College studying social work. Ok, whatever.

The only thing Catelynn was working on when she was separated (read: ditched) by her beloved Tyler was her BS in Self Pity at the University of Girls Who Could Do Better.

• Love 7
(edited)

The only thing Catelynn was working on when she was separated (read: ditched) by her beloved Tyler was her BS in Self Pity at the University of Girls Who Could Do Better.

Sadly, she really could do better. Cate is worth 10 of Tyler. She's a little chubby (So what? Nowhere near repulsively so) but is level headed with a kind heart. It breaks my heart that she reproduced with him the second time. She could have been free post- Carly.

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 4

I always felt Cate was done in by the original wave of "omg! Tyler is such a great boyfriend, you're so lucky to have him, he's so amazing!". I think he got truly full of himself and she felt she couldn't do any better.

• Love 6

I like both Tyler and Catelynne.   Tyler at least has some personality and insights.  I believe some of his constructive criticism of Cate is warranted, but I also think much of it is coached for drama's sake. 

With the father he's had and with April's weirdness in the past it's truly amazing these two have turned out as well as they have.  Despite the "six-figures."  I think everyone knows that they won't continue to reap this kind of salary as years go on unless they do something besides "Teen Mom."  You can hardly play teen mom when you're in you're late twenties and thirties.

My real favorite of the bunch (besides Tyler and Cate) is Amber.  There is just something so -- sad --  to put it in the most basic sense -- about her.  Needless to say, Matt is not her ideal match. Please!

I always felt Cate was done in by the original wave of "omg! Tyler is such a great boyfriend, you're so lucky to have him, he's so amazing!". I think he got truly full of himself and she felt she couldn't do any better.

So true. Another way that I think the show hindered them instead of helped. The show is the only reason the two of them are still together.

• Love 2

I don't know. I think they may have stayed together because the adoption had already bonded them in that way. I stayed together with my ex way past our expiry date because we had faced significant adversity together. That bonded us past the stage that we were "in love" with each other.

• Love 1

I also think it is because Cate has known only Tyler as her love. He is the one she gave her virginity to. Many young girls feel a commitment in that way. I know Tyler is not the only guy she was with, but Tyler is the one she has so many emotional ties to, including giving birth to two of his children. Tyler is her comfort zone. It is all she has known pretty much. Another factor that I think plays a part in this, is her own mother having broken relationships. April didn't stay with Cate's father, she married and divorced Butch, Cate is probably determined to make things work, especially after all those proposals Tyler keeps popping out. They had a wedding date set! Cate is not letting that dream go. It might be another reason why she continues with this show because it keeps Tyler from going anywhere. As long as he gets his famewhore check, he is happy.

• Love 5

I could be wrong (first time ever!) but I don't think Catelynn has ever been filmed without Tyler.  The other moms are shown doing things on their own or with friends/family.  It seems Tyler is always right there with her, dominating every conversation with one rehearsed pronouncement after another.  Just once I'd like to see Catelynn interacting with someone -- even her new baby -- without Tyler horning in.

• Love 6
(edited)

The only scene I can think of without Tyler would be the prom dress shopping scene. Remember the touching moments April brought to that outing?

ETA: there were also a few scenes with her Grandma.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 4

There was that scene early in the season where she was talking to her friend and they were mentioning Farrah. But, I think you are right. There is very little of Cate's world away from Tyler. I don't think she has a world outside of Tyler. Everything is connected to him somehow.

• Love 5

There was that scene in the most recent season of her with the other TM girls where they were eating pizza and drinking wine, and Tyler was back in their room with the baby. I remember it standing out to me because we don't see Catelynn without Tyler all that often.

• Love 3
I don't know. I think they may have stayed together because the adoption had already bonded them in that way. I stayed together with my ex way past our expiry date because we had faced significant adversity together. That bonded us past the stage that we were "in love" with each other.

I definitely think that's part of it. No one else can understand what they've been through in the same way. 

But I think there is more to it at this point. I do think, tied in with that bond, is some guilt on Tyler's end. He seems to be the one who was really pushing for the adoption, and Catelynn went through with it for him. So I think he probably believes he owes her something. 

And I also think he really enjoys being a part of the "America's Sweetheart" couple with her. If HE ended things, he'd be a big douche and everyone would hate him (in his mind) for breaking Catelynn's heart. And we all know Cate aint ever going to leave him. Poor girl is too insecure and really DOES think this is the best she'll ever do. 

• Love 7
(edited)

There's scene from Men in Black that I think about when it comes to Cate. It's when Kay and Jay are going to erase the memory of Beatrice, who's no-good jerk of a husband has been taken over by an alien:

"Kay: All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Jay: Wait a minute. You just flash that thing, it erases her memory, and you just make up a new one?

Kay: A standard issue neuralyzer.

Jay: And that weak-ass story's the best you can come up with?

Kay: On a more personal note Beatrice, Edgar ran off with an old girlfriend. You're gonna go stay with your mom a couple nights. You're gonna get over it and decide you're better off.

Jay: Well, yeah, you know, 'cause 'cause he never appreciated you anyway. In fact, you know what - you kicked HIM out! And now that he's gone you're gonna go into town, you go to Bloomingdale's and find some nice dresses, get yourself some shoes, you know, find somewhere, maybe you can get a facial. And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN."

If only we could do that to Cate.....

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 9

I could be wrong (first time ever!) but I don't think Catelynn has ever been filmed without Tyler.  The other moms are shown doing things on their own or with friends/family.  It seems Tyler is always right there with her, dominating every conversation with one rehearsed pronouncement after another.  Just once I'd like to see Catelynn interacting with someone -- even her new baby -- without Tyler horning in.

She has scenes without him every once in awhile when she's just talking with friends.  Now I don't recall any scenes with only Tyler and no Cate. oh wait, except for the one with his mom when she said MTV was not his future lol

And I would hope that if Kiki doesn't consider it a true friendship with Tyler and Cate that she would have declined to be Godmother.  Cuz if not.... well I'm not super religious....but that generally isnt' something to take lightly.

• Love 3

Taylor appears to have some moobs going on there. I think we should send him links to websites that specialize in weight, weight-lifting, healthy eating, and tweet him all the locations of the the gyms that are near his home.

• Love 8

You know that as soon as anyone says anything about his weight, he'll be a poor, bullied little lamb and the victim of fat shaming. Tyler seems like someone who is just naturally slender, but I would love to see him get a little chunky. I bet Catelynn would secretly love it too.

• Love 6

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/farrah-abraham-through-the-years-2015285/45823

What the HECK is going on here? Why does Catelynn dress like my 78-year-old MeeMaw on seniors' night at the local piano bar? I wouldn't have been caught dead in this Dynasty drag in my early 20s (or even now, for that matter).

You know, I think Cate really likes the Church Lady look. Given her propensity for doilies and visiting B&Bs, I think she has this picture in her head of what an upstanding, classy lady should appreciate and that dress ranks high. I am actually a little surprised she's not more mortified by Tyler's bling and his tendency to wear baseball caps sideways. Ten bucks says Cate has bought some Dockers and left them in their closet as a major hint.

Taylor appears to have some moobs going on there. I think we should send him links to websites that specialize in weight, weight-lifting, healthy eating, and tweet him all the locations of the the gyms that are near his home.

Do it please. I especially love the idea of tweeting gym locations at him. It would probably only lead to an online bitch session though about how "haters gonna hate".

• Love 3

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/farrah-abraham-through-the-years-2015285/45823

What the HECK is going on here? Why does Catelynn dress like my 78-year-old MeeMaw on seniors' night at the local piano bar? I wouldn't have been caught dead in this Dynasty drag in my early 20s (or even now, for that matter).

I think it's partly what another poster mentioned above, that Cate thinks that's how sophisticated women dress, and partly because when you're a bigger size it's harder to find flattering clothing.  I bet in her mind she's trying to emulate a fashionable "vintage" style, but because it's hard to pull that off if you're anything above a size 6/8, it just comes across as frumpy and old-ladyish. 

I know when I was a size 20W it was VERY difficult having any sort of style.  The three choices I had were "old lady frumpy" where everything was short, wide, and/or covered in old-lady prints; "Lane-Bryant style" where everything was either old-fashioned or trying too hard; or "Juniors plus" which was just not okay when you're a 29 year old woman.

I feel for Cate on the fashion.

• Love 5

I know when I was a size 20W it was VERY difficult having any sort of style.  The three choices I had were "old lady frumpy" where everything was short, wide, and/or covered in old-lady prints; "Lane-Bryant style" where everything was either old-fashioned or trying too hard; or "Juniors plus" which was just not okay when you're a 29 year old woman.

I feel for Cate on the fashion.

It's very, very hard. I gained about 30 lbs in the last year when I was not very skinny to begin with, unless you really care about fashion -- it's difficult to find nice clothes in larger sizes. Especially fashionable, professional clothes!! Apparently designers don't think fat women work? Or that fat women need affordable work wear? 

Anyway, I have plus sized friends who have a LOT of time, energy, and money to devote to their clothes and they look great. Me, I just want to look contemporary, professional, and good enough. It's been an expensive journey and I don't look quite as good as I'd like to because I just don't have the energy to devote to it...If Catelynn, just doesn't want to devote a lot of time to her look, I understand why she looks frumpy. 

I honestly think it's a combination of her trying to look her definition of "respectable" and because she wants to be  comfortable. 

• Love 1

I think Cate dresses bigger than she is.  I think its her style or what she thinks is style that's the problem. At one point I thought she was trying to fashion her life after Teresa. Teresa would own a home w doilies.  Teresa would vacation at a Bed and Breakfast.  I believe she is trying to pattern herself as a cul de sac living, pta attending soccer mom, but instead of getting Lily Pulitzer it's coming  off more as Dorothy Zbornak.

• Love 14

@ Brooklynista- that is exactly what I was thinking, right down to the Teresa worship. I've long since thought Teresa embodies what Cate feels is the ideal woman/mother/fashion icon. In a way I find it kind of charming that Cate is so impressed by this ideal. Certainly better than modeling your life after one of the Kardashians.

I'm so embarrassed I had to google Dorothy Zbornak. I never watched the Golden Girls. If the reference had been to Bea Arthur I would have picked up on it. Nonetheless, I had a good laugh.

• Love 8

I'm pretty much a professional yo-yo dieter and I can attest that it is hard to find flattering, fashionable clothes in larger sizes. Cate's style is confusing though, she seems to fluctuate between granny outfits and cardigans to cheetah print leggings. Blaming Tyler might be a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tells her she needs to cover up.

I definitely think she idolizes Theresa. Theresa seems to have a perfectly average, stable and respectable life. With Catelynn's tumultuous upbringing, that kind of life seems pretty glamorous. Living in a house you own, two happily married parents, no one getting high or beating each other up must seem great to her, and I think she's genuinely happy that Carly gets to grow up like that, and that she wants to make sure Nova does too. Cate really seems to be looking for guidance, especially now that she is raising a daughter. I think she looks to Theresa as a model mom, as opposed to her own mother or even Kim.

• Love 5

Cate's style is confusing though, she seems to fluctuate between granny outfits and cardigans to cheetah print leggings. Blaming Tyler might be a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tells her she needs to cover up.

Hee, those leggings. I don't really imagine that Tyler picks out Cate's clothes but I am cackling to myself over the thought of a 23 year old picking out those old lady dresses for his girlfriend. He's all like, hmm, I think this outfit could really use a scarf or a pashmina.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hee, those leggings. I don't really imagine that Tyler picks out Cate's clothes but I am cackling to myself over the thought of a 23 year old picking out those old lady dresses for his girlfriend. He's all like, hmm, I think this outfit could really use a scarf or a pashmina.

Heh. Can I just say that it's hard to develop a style when you're overweight and young? I remember when I got to be a 14/16, I pretty much dressed like a cross between big city attorney and preppy soccer mom. The only places with my size were the Gap and Banana Republic.  I am way better now but it took experience and doggedness. 

ETA: I also only wear black and solid colors. Better to stick with what you know works. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 5

I believe she is trying to pattern herself as a cul de sac living, pta attending soccer mom, but instead of getting Lily Pulitzer it's coming  off more as Dorothy Zbornak.

*menacing growl*  "Shady Pines, Tyler! Shady Pines!"

• Love 4

Looks like a bit of middle age man paunch Tyler has going on there.  He better be careful or he won't fit in his 3 year old Tux.

Work on yourself, Tyler! Take more walks.

Maybe this is another way for him to stall the wedding. "Oh...DARN. We can't do it yet. I need to lose more or I'll look too bloated in my tux..."

• Love 6

Has anyone seen the Catelynn and Tyler's glorious wedding invitation on Tyler's instagram? (Sorry I couldn't make it link, I'm on my phone!) It refers to them being the lord and lady of the manor, and having a noble marriage and it's just too good. Stay gold, Catelynn and Tyler.

• Love 2

Catelynn looks like somebody's great Aunt Agnes. In this age of Pinterest, there is just no excuse for that hat and her lack of style. Her name should be Gertrude.

It's like she's trying for a vintage chic look, but without the chic. I definitely think she's striving for a more upper middle class lifestyle, and things like expensive princess fantasy weddings probably seem appealing to her.

• Love 6

It's like she's trying for a vintage chic look, but without the chic. I definitely think she's striving for a more upper middle class lifestyle, and things like expensive princess fantasy weddings probably seem appealing to her.

Now I wonder if she also collects old vinyl albums with an ancient gramophone that she never plays.

• Love 3
Now I wonder if she also collects old vinyl albums with an ancient gramophone that she never plays.

Maybe she smells like mothballs and cigarettes...drinks Sanka.

• Love 7

The sentence on that invite doesn't even make sense. You invite people of the manor? Whose manor? If you wanted to sound "fancy" at least get someone who has a basic grasp of the English language to write the sentence. 

And that picture... is their wedding 1995 themed? 

• Love 10

Okay, I'm all for a theme, but then go all out. What in the ever loving fuck were they wearing in that photo???

It looks like an album cover from 1994. 

Also, Tyler is counting the seconds until he can look away. 

• Love 7