Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

So, I am understanding this right, the inventory is owned by someone else, the payments and shipments are managed by someone else, and all Amber is really doing is attaching her name to the enterprise and talking about it on Twitter. She probably receives a small commission for whatever sells. So, she's not really a business owner, but a glorified sales rep.

ETA: This kind of business model is as old as time. I mean, J Lo wasn't exactly designing and hand stitching her "women's business attire for Kohl's" line, and Jessica Simpson sure as shit isn't toiling away in a lab somewhere creating edible makeup and perfume. They're using their names to move a product and being compensated for the boost in sales. I have no problem with that. But they don't walk around town talking about their businesses and how they suddenly acquired a degree in chemistry, international finance, patent law, merchandising, either. Amber is too stupid to realize just how stupid she sounds. What a sad sack.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 9

Farrah is a POS, but she at least is involved in her business ventures. She used her own body and labia to push a product. lol

Farrah is there at the grand openings of her businesses. Sure, the girl doesn't have a business degree nor does she have any experience, but she does get immersed in her job (no pun intended).  She is there because she thinks she knows it all and needs to be in control. Cool. Whatever. The point is, Farrah gets off her ass. Amber can't even bother to do the work of an online boutique which doesn't require her to leave her house. Amber is that fucking lazy that she would rather lend her name to a questionable online business than to actually be hands-on.  With her "popularity" and her dumb-dumb fans who are willing to shell out money for anything she sells, she could easily sell a pile of shit she pushed out of her own fat ass

• Love 6

Amber has been harping on "her" boutique for months, and led people to believe she was actually "hand picking" inventory, stocking the shelves and everything else that goes along with creating a new retail business from scratch.  In reality she's been sitting on the couch while other people populated a generic website format with photographs and set up order processing and shipping of products already sitting in a warehouse. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

she could easily sell a pile of shit she pushed out of her own fat ass

Gross.

But, her fans might want to consider this. Amber actually created the turd, unlike anything that comes from her "boutique".

• Love 1

Amber could have been creative if she made her own online boutique. She could have named it
Booboo's Boutique in honor of that child of hers.

A few other suggestions:

Moomy Make-Overs - (tm @ghoulina) an online boutique which specializes in moo moos.

Couch Potato - an online store specializing in couch covers

• Love 7

I love how the responses to Amber's "1.25 million views" tweet is a bunch of people either saying they can't afford the clothes or they'll buy something when they have extra money. There's nothing wrong with having to budget, but I'm guessing it never occurred to her that actual teen moms with sketchy backgrounds (her likely fans) don't have a lot of extra cash to be throwing around.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Birdee said:

I love how the responses to Amber's "1.25 million views" tweet is a bunch of people either saying they can't afford the clothes or they'll buy something when they have extra money. There's nothing wrong with having to budget, but I'm guessing it never occurred to her that actual teen moms with sketchy backgrounds (her likely fans) don't have a lot of extra cash to be throwing around.

I laughed at this one that Amber retweeted:

If you have to ask permission of your husband to order this shit, you have some real problems.

• Love 14

Returns have to be approved!? Why do I suspect there aren't many reasons they would accept. There seem to be aloooot of stipulations for returns, sounds like someone knows all the ins and outs of returning things that have been used. 

• Love 7

Oh man, I took a quick glance at the site... y'all... there was a BODY CHAIN like a necklace that goes down your chest and meets somewhere in the boob area then goeas back out to go around you waist... I cannot. THEN there was a leopard print body suit. Brb gotta see what else is there to snark on.

ok I finished, it's just as cringey as I suspected, I have a serious online shopping problem (I get an Amazon package at least o be a week, I literally ordered pralines a few weeks ago) and was not even kinda tempted once.  There was a floral suit (maybe Jenelle can borrow it for her next court appearance), faux fur vests and jackets, ankle length tunics (and I like a good tunic). The site is a mess, if I were looking to shop vs snarking I never would have made it past the first page. There is no rhyme or reason, no organization, if you want a shirt you have to look through the entire site to see them all. I again encourage all of you to help out her views and go see for yourself, I would say hide your credit cards but that is REALLY unnecessary... in fact if you have it out and available it might help you feel like you are stronger and resisted shopping (or maybe that's just my online shopping addiction talking)

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 13

Yeah, I've seen her retweeting nothing but people saying that they will buy something when ............

So who's the fan base? Gals that were poor and/or pregnant like 8 years ago? Had bad guys in their lives, maybe a kid here or there, addictions, no jobs. Yeah, a haute clientele it will be. 

• Love 6

I hope somebody told Amber that 1.5 million visitors could be spam bots and to check her bounce rate. When I first started my two websites I got giddy about my traffic until I saw a lot came from Russia or India. She shouldn't celebrate until those visitors convert to sales.

• Love 11

I just looked at the stuff on Amber's online "boutique."  That stuff looks so cheap!  The price points are pretty low, but the clothes look like one trend run wild.  Clothes from H&M are probably better quality! 

• Love 4

From her website:

After an outpour of questions from her fans about all of the stylish outfits and accessories worn by her on her shows, Amber soon realized that even her every day wardrobe impacted them in a very positive way. In true Amber style, she decided that by opening up a boutique, she could share her personal fashion choices with her fans while continuing to send love and inspiration to them daily. When she asked her fans what they thought about her idea of opening her own boutique, many responded with love and support and were eager to see Amber’s dream become a reality. Soon after, Amber started working on making Forever Haute what it is today. Forever Haute is not just a clothing line, it is another way Amber can positively inspire her fans and empower them with the message behind her boutique. Be Classy. Be Sexy. Be Haute.

Funny, I can't recall seeing Amber in a floral pantsuit at any point in the last 8 years. Must have missed that episode.

It is very generic trendy clothes that can be found at any Forever 21, Maurices, Wet Seal (do they still have those?), in any suburban mall.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Tatum said:

From her website:

Funny, I can't recall seeing Amber in a floral pantsuit at any point in the last 8 years. Must have missed that episode.

Well clearly, Amber's floral pantsuit must have been too sexy, too classy, and definitely not haute enough for tv.  Maybe she just wears them to get drunk and trash Vegas hotel rooms while they're sober? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Has anyone tweeted her any of the links to the exact same clothes being sold on other sides for cheaper, with lower shipping and a better return policy?  I wonder what she would say to that.

I don't know if it's accurate, but someone commented on this tweet that the clothes are 50% off on ebay and it's the same models

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmberLPortwood/status/817613807296114692/photo/1

• Love 5
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

Has anyone tweeted her any of the links to the exact same clothes being sold on other sides for cheaper, with lower shipping and a better return policy?  I wonder what she would say to that.

She'd probably just delete it and call them a hater.

Edited by leighroda
Because autocorrect is dumb
  • Love 7

I can't believe I'm gonna kinda defend Farrah... but why can't they just keep her name out of their mouths if they dislike her so much.  Don't get me wrong, Farrah should do the same, I just don't catch when she does it out of nowhere, to make that statement... normally she's saying it in response, or so it seems. Why does it matter what ambers success is in comparison of Farrah, if she was truly successful that would stand on It's own and not need to constantly be compared to Farrah. Besides Amber has not done anything more respectable... all she's done is attach her name to a subpar clothing line. Again Farrah is not my fave, but her products are her own, literally... maybe too much so.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Umm...any money Amber makes goes to Matt's pocket. Amber does not even own a home. 

Haha I read that too fast at first and thought you said she doesn't even own a HORSE. You know, like Farrah does. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Amber OWNS nothing.

Even the dogs are probably on payment plans from Petland.

Well ... they do finance puppies there. Completely off topic but I used to handle community relations for one of the franchises. Way back in the day. It has since shut down but I hadn't heard the store's name in forever until I saw promos for The Edge of 17 and now here. Cringing from the thoughts coming back. 

8 hours ago, leighroda said:

I can't believe I'm gonna kinda defend Farrah... but why can't they just keep her name out of their mouths if they dislike her so much.  Don't get me wrong, Farrah should do the same, I just don't catch when she does it out of nowhere, to make that statement... normally she's saying it in response, or so it seems. Why does it matter what ambers success is in comparison of Farrah, if she was truly successful that would stand on It's own and not need to constantly be compared to Farrah. Besides Amber has not done anything more respectable... all she's done is attach her name to a subpar clothing line. Again Farrah is not my fave, but her products are her own, literally... maybe too much so.

I agree, for all the people who don't like Farrah, they sure talk about her a lot. If you don't like someone, stop talking about them and let them fade away, out of the limelight. Although, in Farrah's thread, someone posted links to her exact furniture products on eBay and other various sites for a lower price. Both girl's are slapping their name onto something, only Farrah has an actual store which she puts her hours into...... Unless you're referring to her vagina molds, yes those are indeed her own.

Edited by iheartla
  • Love 10

Yeah I was thinking of the vagina molds when I wrote that because I thought that was funny, but I agree the furniture store, and yogurt shops, while not typical ventures I guess for her age and social media level ( I refuse to use celebrity) are not her concepts.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Marisagf said:

One of the replies she got for this tweet was something like:  "I love your clothes! They make me feel so young!"  This was posted less than a day ago.  Did she already order, receive, and wear this stuff?  Or maybe she feels young looking at the photos?  Weird!

Many of Amber's followers are not even legit followers. I can see Matt and Amber herself setting up fake accounts just to tweet to her page. Perhaps the person in Texas who runs the onsite boutique is tweeting those comments to try to boost sales. 

Some members here posted some interesting information about the fake followers. 

• Love 2
On 1/8/2017 at 2:23 AM, iheartla said:

I agree, for all the people who don't like Farrah, they sure talk about her a lot. If you don't like someone, stop talking about them and let them fade away, out of the limelight. 

I don't get this. For people that supposedly don't like her and think she's the scum of the earth, she sure does come up in random conversations a lot. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Many of Amber's followers are not even legit followers. I can see Matt and Amber herself setting up fake accounts just to tweet to her page. Perhaps the person in Texas who runs the onsite boutique is tweeting those comments to try to boost sales. 

Some members here posted some interesting information about the fake followers. 

They just purchase their followers and "tweeting" action from Fiverr. Lol. Buy 100,000 twitter followers for $5.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

They just purchase their followers and "tweeting" action from Fiverr. Lol. Buy 100,000 twitter followers for $5.

This is why I can't see Maci's business being successful.  In her eyes it may be, but what does she consider successful? She thinks she is nothing like Farrah and above her, but I don't. Because Maci says her business is successful that makes it so? Because she has a lot of comments and praise on her Twitter and other social media pages about her "business" does that mean she is actually selling t-shirts or merely using purchased Twitter followers to post how great her product is?

On 1/7/2017 at 2:42 PM, leighroda said:

As much as they loathe Farrah, I feel they are a wee bit jealous at the fact she gets a lot more attention than the rest of them do.   If NOT for Farrah, TMOG would have been canceled due to a lackluster cast. They should be thanking Farrah for being so damn vile and trashy or else where would they all be without that MTV money?

If not for Farrah, Amber would not have the luxury of living paycheck to paycheck and being with Matt. Maci would not have her t-shirt business and would not have had two immaculate conceptions. Cate and Tyler? No one wants the Mucinex Mr. Mucus for any tv show other than The Doctors. Tyler would be out there hustling (no pun intended) looking for a job.

Each one of these girls is trash which makes their finger-pointing at Farrah ridiculous and petty.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

This is why I can't see Maci's business being successful.  In her eyes it may be, but what does she consider successful? She thinks she is nothing like Farrah and above her, but I don't. Because Maci says her business is successful that makes it so? Because she has a lot of comments and praise on her Twitter and other social media pages about her "business" does that mean she is actually selling t-shirts or merely using purchased Twitter followers to post how great her product is?

As much as they loathe Farrah, I feel they are a wee bit jealous at the fact she gets a lot more attention than the rest of them do.   If NOT for Farrah, TMOG would have been canceled due to a lackluster cast. They should be thanking Farrah for being so damn vile and trashy or else where would they all be without that MTV money?

If not for Farrah, Amber would not have the luxury of living paycheck to paycheck and being with Matt. Maci would not have her t-shirt business and would not have had two immaculate conceptions. Cate and Tyler? No one wants the Mucinex Mr. Mucus for any tv show other than The Doctors. Tyler would be out there hustling (no pun intended) looking for a job.

Each one of these girls is trash which makes their finger-pointing at Farrah ridiculous and petty.

Bolded is mine.

Exactly. I can't recall how many times I just fast forwarded through Macy's scenes but I know there were many - I only watched the wedding because someone said, Rhines GF's dress went up, lol. I can't stand watching Gnat talk because he makes me force spit down my throat the way he talks and I'm a Bostonian. Amber never does anything fun in her scenes, NEVER! Once in a while, we will get a boat scene but she's still sitting. Cate and Tyler just sit on their sofa/recliner or at the dinner table.

Farrah is ALWAYS doing something. I hate the way she acts and treats people but dang, girl does give us a variety of backdrops to look at. LOL.

• Love 7

Wait I'm a Taurus, I have never heard of a jewelry blessing, it must have been discussed in the last Taurus meeting... I missed it because my couch is oh so comfy.... but if you would all like to mail me your jewelry...sure I'll bless it...pm me for my address ;). 

I kid, I kid... but seriously how much would something like that cost. Sounds like a scam set up to me, but what do I know. Btw I do not like her nails either maybe those should get an exorcism.

• Love 8