Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Curtis's Boyfriend was one of the few in the department that Diaz didn't corrupt and he was one of them fired because of that so he might be slightly on his radar.  And we know Diaz holds grudges.  Chances are if he dies, he's less targeted than happens to be somewhere and is handy.  

Edited by BkWurm1
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He'd have to have some kind of proof to blow her cover and I think they'd probably choose her word over his (and she'd probably have TA back her up). With how tonight went he could've gotten to Oliver whenever but he still ended  up losing everything. 

I am sure he has. Especially if was able to trick Cayden James in s6 and with how he operated this season. 

I don't think Diaz could blow her cover, since Siren and original Laurel have the same DNA (Felicity tested it in season 5). However, he could expose her crimes as Siren, hell if they wanna get real fancy, they can have him get a hold of footage of SirenX attacking CCPD from that Flash episode. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

Diaz is supposed to be smart enough to overthrow Cayden James so, in theory, he should have the footage of Siren blowing up the old SCPD building and going overseas in disguise to steal that money.  Bonus points if he has footage from when she worked for Prometheus.  Even if he didn't go with the truth he should certainly be able to convince people that "Laurel" wasn't kidnapped but instead faked her own death to join criminals like Adrian Chase, Cayden James, himself, or even Zoom if he's able to get his hands on any footage from Central City.  Leave out Earth 2 and that footage would be damning and hard to explain. 

• Love 4

Cayden was his long term con, Siren was Caydens work so id be surprised if he took her into account. He couldve used that along with Quentin if he really wanted to keep her in place.

And thars not to say if she didnt take that kind f thing into mind when she decided she had to take up Laurels life.

16 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I don't think Diaz could blow her cover, since Siren and original Laurel have the same DNA (Felicity tested it in season 5). However, he could expose her crimes as Siren, hell if they wanna get real fancy, they can have him get a hold of footage of SirenX attacking CCPD from that Flash episode. 

I feel like that would be her way out lol. She'd just have to prove she was in Star City at the time.

I think the show is too happy with LL2 and the LL2/Felicity friendship right now for it to be BS. Their arms are stretching from patting themselves om the back.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I'd love it if he killed Curtis though but he's neither a fan fave or someone very close to Oliver so...IDK.

The show thinks he's both. Although I bet he's a red herring and that's why they have kept him out of the FFs.

39 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

She "betrayed" him.  He's also all mad that Felicity fought back and Oliver wouldn't just let him control the city.  He feels victimized over some odd things.   

It's very much of a narcissistic personality disorder. But after a while it gets boring because it's not a complex thing to see.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I expected more dramatics from a MSF promo. 

Looks like the cliffhanger is going to be in the FFs.

William: MAYA!??

Rene/Dinah/Zoe/Roy: You know her? 

William: Yes, Meet my Sister OR Maya: What's up Bro. something like this DUN DUN DUN

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Aw, look, it's all the people who've written off Oliver come together to celebrate Curtis' birthday. Good to see Dinah's bullshit attitude is a constant in this crazy world. 

UGH Oliver should NOT being saying any tip from Dinah is good. And if that party is for Fucking Curtis these writers can fuck off. That prick DOES NOT Deserve a big party for him. It should be a Welcome Home Oliver Party thrown by his gorgeous Amazing Badass Loving Wife 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Why is there no Felicity in the promo? Why is that shrew Dinah all over it????

Maybe because her scenes give too much away?

I don't know. But Felicity hasn't been a huge feature in the promos all season and yet she's practically driving all most all the storylines this season. Dinah can have her 2 seconds in the promo.

Although considering I think Dinah is the weakest part of the show right now I'm sad that uncharismatic wet mop lives another 20 years. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

Maybe because her scenes give too much away?

I don't know. But Felicity hasn't been a huge feature in the promos all season and yet she's practically driving all most all the storylines this season. Dinah can have her 2 seconds in the promo.

Although considering I think Dinah is the weakest part of the show right now I'm sad that uncharismatic wet mop lives another 20 years. 

Yes a little part of my soul dies everytime I remember that sour shrew is still alive and smirking in the future. 

Dammnit I need to clear my brain with Felicity's cute face!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yes a little part of my soul dies everytime I remember that sour shrew is still alive and smirking in the future. 

Dammnit I need to clear my brain with Felicity's cute face!

With any luck she'll die in the future time line. Or she's actually evil and one of the baddies and is just playing William.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jay741982 said:

And if that party is for Fucking Curtis these writers can fuck off. That prick DOES NOT Deserve a big party for him. It should be a Welcome Home Oliver Party thrown by his gorgeous Amazing Badass Loving Wife

In the interview in TV Line where he talks about having input on his post-prison wardrobe, SA calls it a “gala” so it doesn’t sound like Curtis’ party. I would love if it was something the non-corrupt officials of Star City were throwing for Oliver to express their appreciation, but that’s probably a long shot.

On a totally shallow note, it’s amazing how a shave and haircut de-ages SA. I’m getting season 3 vibes. 

• Love 1

I was actually kidding with the birthday party bit. Mostly because I'm annoyed that these pricks think they have the right to be at this party. Get William, Donna, the Hoffmans and Raisa's family. Those who didn't help Oliver and Felicity at least didn't harm them either. 

• Love 2

This new Oliver Queen will have to find his new place in Star City, while also dealing with a new Felicity. While she wanted Diaz dead, Oliver left their tormentor alive in prison. Amell said that decision won't "influence" their relationship, but "it's going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he’s very close with." Hmm... wonder who that will be?

I wondered if this might allude to deciding to keep William at boarding school. But that wouldn't make much sense. Both Oliver and Felicity chose not to kill Diaz in favor of him going to prison. So unless they're waiting for Diaz to die of natural causes in prison, it wouldn't make sense not to bring William home (other than to provide some basis for FF William's attitude about his parents). 

8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

On a totally shallow note, it’s amazing how a shave and haircut de-ages SA. I’m getting season 3 vibes. 

It's a miracle. 

8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I am sure he has. Especially if was able to trick Cayden James in s6 and with how he operated this season. 

He might not even have to expose her as an E2 Clone. Diaz could just show proof that BS/"Laurel" killed a whole bunch of people in Star City.

However, if he wanted to expose BS as a fake all he'd have to do is dig up real Laurel's body. Sick, I know but, the show has done it before.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I wondered if this might allude to deciding to keep William at boarding school. But that wouldn't make much sense. Both Oliver and Felicity chose not to kill Diaz in favor of him going to prison. So unless they're waiting for Diaz to die of natural causes in prison, it wouldn't make sense not to bring William home (other than to provide some basis for FF William's attitude about his parents). 

I wondered that too, but with the vagueness of the description not meaning much with 707 (Oliver made a decision in the episode, but not at the end of the episode pertaining to his release or anything), I'm guessing now that "Felicity's decision" is just alluding to Oliver's A-plot of adjusting to life again which includes finding out about what Felicity was doing while he was gone and Chico was just framing it as "Felicity stands by her decision" to not reveal that Oliver got out of prison. It would be one thing if Diaz escaped at the end and then Felicity decides to keep William at boarding school regardless of Oliver being out, but at this point for all intents and purposes, they won and don't need to keep him there.

• Love 1

Hopefully they get William out of boarding school next ep, and in the flash forwards they drop another hint or two about what ACTUALLY happened that led to their estrangement, which will probably still be stupid but not as stupid as insinuating he just never got picked up from school. 

• Love 1

Going back to the KA tweet.

Could it be Bronze Tiger? He's been a fan favorite since S2 and, there's even more love for him this season.  If you want to make a villain appear baddass, having him kill a total BAMF like BT would do be a easy cheat (even a Trope for it).

Also, I will LMAO if Diaz kills Curtis.

KA: Weep Arrow fandom for i have killed your favorite character (not named Felicity)! I'm a total badass!

Arrow Fandom: Thanks! Curtis was totally annoying. Oh and you're still lame!

😁

• Love 7

I was just about to ask, what episode were they filming when KA tweeted that? Just to know how long this spec will last.

Highlights:

• fantastic scenes in 8
  • Oliver can’t live in a normal apartment building anymore. New house, here we come. Yay.
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

He did post a BTS picture the other day where it looked like he was wired up to a bomb. 

Good lord the last thing we need is Diaz killing Curtis's boyfriend. He'll be whiny x 100000000000000

Maybe it’s both Curtis and the boyfriend!  

I would blame Curtis if Lyla died. He’s the one that’s supposed to be figuring every out for ARGUS like Felicity does for TA. and he wouldn’t have kept her safe. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I love that he wanted to militarize the Queen mansion, LOL.

That’s the second time he’s mentioned the Queen mansion in these interviews (first time was about dressing differently). I wonder if the writers are giving Oliver some of his money back. Also, did he mean Queen manor as in the one that got reduced to rubble, or a new Queen manor for him and Felicity?

Arrow Interview: Stephen Amell on Oliver After Prison
Published on Nov 26, 2018, by TV Diehard

-- On whether we'll see changes in Oliver post-prison, SA: "Yeah. We - I spent a lot of time talking with Beth about - about Oliver when he gets out because I felt like in the first episode this year, we were really trying to charge ahead with a lot of cool new ideas. But it didn't necessarily lend the proper weight to what happened at the end of Season 6, in an episode that's titled 'Life Sentence.' You know, one of the first drafts in the early part in the first episode of Season 7 focused a lot on Oliver - focusing on good behavior so that he would get released. I was like, well, I mean, one way or the other, he's been in there for five or seven months, whatever the case may be. What, he's got at least 14 or 15 to go if he has good behavior. So we changed the focus a little bit. Same thing happened when I read Episode 8. I know they wanted Oliver back in the world and he is, in a new and exciting way. Concurrently, it felt like we were treating my experience in Slabside like I spent a night in county jail, right? When in actuality, even for Oliver, it was a pretty horrific experience. So I did want a change in him. I wanted a change in him in the way that he interacts with people, with the public, and even so far as his wardrobe. I went to Maya, and I'm like, 'Oliver's in his mid-30s, he's a former politician. I want him to dress a little bit more like he used to dress for Sunday brunch at the Queen mansion.' I mean, WASP-y's the's wrong word, but it's not totally the wrong word. But that's not what we're going for. But I wanted him to, you know - in the first episode that I'm out [708], we have me going to a gala and, um, I was sort of in the same suit that I would wear as the mayor. I didn't like that. So we pushed that in a different direction. And, um - part of the fun of this year is, I've pitched a bunch of stuff and I think - not the opening scene of Episode 8, but the first time that you see Oliver, we came up with a really interesting way, I think, of showing what prison life did to him without really bashing people over the head with it."

-- On how Oliver sees his role as protector of the city after coming out of prison, SA: "He runs into the new Green Arrow, or runs into the new Green Arrow’s exploits pretty quickly. But, coming out of prison, he gets asked that specific question very early on, like, 'What are you going to do?' and he says, 'I’m going to try and do what you guys did, which is just find a different way to help the city.' We come up with that idea pretty quickly, but I think one of the fun things is it’s not Oliver who comes up with it."

-- On whether Oliver will regret his decision to leave Diaz alive and whether that decision will affect his relationship with Felicity, SA: "His decision to leave Diaz alive will not influence his relationship with Felicity. Um, but I think it's going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he's very close with. I don't know if he'll come to regret the decision, actually. Probably. But, you know, those are the - maybe that's part of the new Oliver post-prison, is those are the decisions that he has to live with, you know, even if ultimately the best thing to do would've been to not leave him alive. Um, we shall see." 

-- On the Olicity reunion and Oliver's reaction to the new version of Felicity, SA: "We have some really fantastic scenes in [Episode] 8. I mean, obviously we, um, see each other for the first time at the end of [Episode] 7. But then pretty quickly I learn that a lot of the stuff that Diaz was saying about Felicity is true. And I thought the way that we worked it out, and we do work it out pretty quickly, um, we come to an understanding that nothing's ever going to be perfect. I - we - one of the other things that we talked about a lot is, Oliver can't live in a normal apartment building anymore. Right? ... Actually, I thought that they should militarize the Queen mansion. I got shot down. I don't think we could afford to do that!  Um, but, uh - nothing's ever going to be perfect or normal about our relationship, and I think that the sooner that the two of them accept that, um, the sooner that they can move on with their lives." 

-- On whether the horrible things that were done on Level Two to break the cycle of violence is ultimately going to be a positive thing for Oliver going forward, SA: "Absolutely. It teaches him a net lesson. Um, I think the person who's trying to teach him that didn't use the most nice tactics to get him there. So I think the lesson's a little less black and white. But it definitely teaches him something. And it's addressed, I think, in the first episode after he leaves prison, in sort of what is his new mantra is going to be if and when he puts the suit back on."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I think he meant the old one. He's said that he misses it. He and I both choose to believe that since we didn't see it burn down on screen, it never happened.

Since the show comics are only canon when it's convenient and not when it isn't, maybe it never burned down!

Same thing happened when I read Episode 8. I know they wanted Oliver back in the world and he is, in a new and exciting way. Concurrently, it felt like we were treating my experience in Slabside like I spent a night in county jail, right? When in actuality, even for Oliver, it was a pretty horrific experience.

I'm really glad that Oliver advocated for changes in the script. But how typical of these writers to render a 7-episode arc meaningless by ignoring the repercussions of Oliver going to prison. I'm glad that Beth was open to Stephen's suggestions, but it's clear that plot-centered storytelling is always going to be the modus operandi of this writers room.

• Love 8

I don't know if the show will adapt from the comics, but here's a comics spoiler about Stanley...

Arrow: 6 Big Questions After The Big Slabside Prison Episode
BY MATT MORRISON – ON NOV 27, 2018 I
https://screenrant.com/arrow-season-7-episode-7-slabside-questions/

Created by Kevin Smith for his classic Green Arrow storyline Quiver, Stanley Dover was a serial killer who preyed on young children, known as The Star City Slayer. He was also a practitioner of dark magic, who was sacrificing children in a bid to trap a demon known as The Beast With No Name. Stanley befriended a newly resurrected and amnesiac Oliver Queen, intending to place his soul in the hero's body after helping Oliver to reestablish himself as Star City's protector. The plan fell apart, thankfully, and Stanley Dover found himself paying the price for his misdeeds with a one-way trip to Hell.
While it seems unlikely that the Arrowverse version of Stanley Dover will have a similar sorcery-fueled background, his escape from Slabside Penitentiary can't help but spell trouble for Oliver Queen. We don't know the exact circumstances of the killing that sent Stanley Dover to prison but given his aptitude various forms of murder, it seems likely he might be a serial killer of some kind. Perhaps he will try to aid his "friend" Oliver in earnest by targeting other villains in Star City? Or perhaps he'll turn his attention on targeting Green Arrow's friends and family to repay Oliver for his refusal to help Stanley escape?

Edited by tv echo

I was thinking about ways the FFs can set a cliffhanger and I think I've figured out my preferred scenario.

During the present day Olicity scenes they argue about the measures taken to protect their family, one of them makes a comment about how they would rip the city apart to save their family. Flash Forward and William finds Maya and tells her about Felicity and she responses "What are you talking about? I just saw Mom and Dad last week."

• Love 1

I wonder if they'll have the cliffhanger be:

William: "Maya? What are you doing?"

Maya: "What are you talking about, bro? I'm working with Mom and Dad."

End episode there to leave viewers wondering who's her mother if Felicity's "dead" in the future. Then the next set of FFs will begin with William going, "But Felicity's dead...," Dinah going, "Can't trust her, she's their kid" and Roy going, "I really should have stayed on Lian Yu. I think I'll swim back there." 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I have doubts they are going to keep Maya's mother a secret. I could see it if there was an ongoing love triangle in the present, but there's none and Olicity is married. 

My best guess is that they're going to paint her as evil like the rest of the Queen family not named William, so I think they'd definitely reveal Felicity was her mother just to keep that narrative going.

• Love 1

She's supposed to be vigilante hating. We assumed it was do to an estrangement from Olicity, but I wonder if its because of vigilante's like NTA. Maybe NTA pulled some S6 crap in the future, causing something to happen with Olicity.

I think I would like that.

• Love 3
Just now, Chaser said:

She's supposed to be vigilante hating. We assumed it was do to an estrangement from Olicity, but I wonder if its because of vigilante's like NTA. Maybe NTA pulled some S6 crap in the future, causing something to happen with Olicity.

True. She could hate the vigilante resistance, and considering Dinah's part of it ... I don't blame her? 

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

Yeah, I thought maybe she'd be anti-vigilante resistance, and in this case I wouldn't blame her considering her mom (and apparently her dad) is too.

40 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If Maya is their kid, I assumed she hated Vigilantes because she blames them for her parents' deaths. Because it looks like Olicity are both dead, IMO. (I think the fact that no one is mentioning Oliver in FF is supposed to mean he's been "dead" for a while and everyone knows it). 

Regardless, if she hates Dinah as much as I do, I'm gonna stan. 😂

"Initiative for inmate rights"! Good on him for not wasting any time. I love the photos of Felicity clapping. She looks so proud! (BS looks constipated.)

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 3

Oh my God, this is like scroll down fug. You start off with both Oliver and Felicity looking great, and Oliver being totally WASPy with his sweater vest under his jacket, and Oliver fighting for a worthy cause that he found while incarcerated, and then you get to FakeLaurel being there!

But to keep to the positives, the totally do look hot, even if Felicity's dress should be shorter than this for manouvering if nothing else, and I love this nod to Oliver's socialist causes in the comics.

• Love 5

Aww, I've missed seeing Oliver and Felicity together. But I'm so mad at so many people there who are probably going to act like, "we knew you'd get out Oliver," "we've been doing everything we could while you were gone," etc. etc.

Also, what is Laurel wearing? No, really, someone explain that blazer to me because I think I might like the pants but I can't tell because of that jacket. 

• Love 4