Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

I am absolutely gobsmacked it's not Bamford! I dislike his style immensely but I had come around to expecting that he was going to get all the big eps.

His episodes have already been announced. 1, 7, 9 and one other one (I think the finale, but maybe not).

So I wonder what’s gonna happen when Felicity gets to the prison? Either Oliver is not gonna recognize her (or likely pretends not to recognize her, keeping up the charade) or they will act like he doesn’t exist anymore?

Does anyone get a really sad vibe from the Felicity/BS clip as to how lonely our little munchkin is? She's got no kid, no husband, no friends. She looks like she's trying to be friendly with BS of all people. It makes me sad. I wonder if they'll let her have a meltdown cuz she looks like she's heading towards one.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Does anyone get a really sad vibe from the Felicity/BS clip as to how lonely our little munchkin is? She's got no kid, no husband, no friends. She looks like she's trying to be friendly with BS of all people. It makes me sad. I wonder if they'll let her have a meltdown cuz she looks like she'd heading towards one.

I do. She’s confiding in BS, of all people. That alone tells me how lonely she is. Imagine all of your so-called friends abandoning you in your time of need that you end up working with the woman who has tried to kill you before. Poor baby is desperate. ?

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I wonder if they'll let her have a meltdown cuz she looks like she'd heading towards one.

I hope so. She's always been the strongest person on the show, but I hope they'll let her have a breakdown at some point. She's been through hell in these last few months. Once it's over and she has time to take a breath, I'd love to see it all catch up with her. And I'd love to see her "friends" feel like shit for not doing more to support her when she needed them.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So I wonder what’s gonna happen when Felicity gets to the prison? Either Oliver is not gonna recognize her (or likely pretends not to recognize her, keeping up the charade) or they will act like he doesn’t exist anymore?

I'd be surprised if they even let her see him. It'd be cool if they did and he was somehow able to communicate to her in some kind of code what was going on.

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Surprised no one no one from the team has infiltrated the prison yet.

No one from the team seems to really care all that much.

• Love 3

In the trailer for the episode Felicity was holding the phone like the ones in the little visitation booths, like she did in 701. So I’m assuming she sees him. Unless someone else greets her. IDK. 

10 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I hope so. She's always been the strongest person on the show, but I hope they'll let her have a breakdown at some point. She's been through hell in these last few months. Once it's over and she has time to take a breath, I'd love to see it all catch up with her. And I'd love to see her "friends" feel like shit for not doing more to support her when she needed them.

Ideally, we'd see all this. We'd get everyone apologizing to Felicity. Realistically? Maybe she'll mention it in a conversation with Oliver and that'll be it. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Ideally, we'd see all this. We'd get everyone apologizing to Felicity. Realistically? Maybe she'll mention it in a conversation with Oliver and that'll be it. 

Yeah, at this point, I don't even care if they apologize to her, because my heart is already hardened. I just want her to tell Oliver so he knows how much they all suck. LOL.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No one from the team seems to really care all that much.

I mean, it seems like even now, with Oliver apparently being tortured on a regular basis (yet again!) that even with him about to be possibly murdered, Felicity has to beg their supposed friends to actually help her do something about it. I hope that there is some more context as to why no one seems to care in the preview, but at this point, I doubt that.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, it seems like even now, with Oliver apparently being tortured on a regular basis (yet again!) that even with him about to be possibly murdered, Felicity has to beg their supposed friends to actually help her do something about it. I hope that there is some more context as to why no one seems to care in the preview, but at this point, I doubt that.

They'll wave her off and say "Relax Felicity, he's in prison. Don't you know prison is rough? He can handle a few beat downs. He was the Green Arrow. You should really go home and live your life. Maybe try dating again since Oliver is never getting out. I gotta get back to my job now okies. Can't keep wasting my lunch break talking to you about dumb shit like this."

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 11

Since DR is going to be busy directing, maybe there’ll be something else for Lyla to do aside from repeting their regular fight.

I actually find it hard to believe that prisoners in Level 2 would have visitation rights. Maybe Felicity talks to someone else, like Stanley? Not sure how or why that would happen, but also not sure how Oliver would be allowed visits. Unless he’s deemed compliant enough after the end of the last episode.

• Love 2

I'm so happy for DR that he gets to direct an episode.  It's cute how excited to do it he is.

30 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Maybe Felicity talks to someone else, like Stanley?

A FelicityStanley team-up to get Oliver out. I like that better than Stanley being The Demon.

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe it's a royal we?  Lol.

To quote Edgar Wilson Nye (also attributed to Mark Twain): "There are just two people entitled to refer to themselves as “we.” One is the editor and the other is the fellow with a tapeworm.'"

14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

If Maya really is Olicity's daughter, this is only making me more depressed about the future if she's "seen the dark side and been forged by it." ?

I think the show is trying to suggest that something terrible happened  sometimes this season and shortly after and William and Maya have been suffering for years. But Maya's forge could have been within the past few years and Oliver and Felicity have only been gone for a few years.

• Love 1

Which episode can we expect Maya to make her debut and what date does it air?

Do you think they'll reveal her to be the Olicitot right away?

I need to know so I can give any potential AU fic Olicitots canon compliant names. It'll irk me now if she is the Olicitot and my names don't match cuz I'm a week off! It'll irk me even more if I name a kid Maya and she's NOT the Olicitot!

Posted here instead of clockwise to avoid show spoilers! 

3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do you think they'll reveal her to be the Olicitot right away?

I need to know so I can give any potential AU fic Olicitots canon compliant names. It'll irk me now if she is the Olicitot and my names don't match cuz I'm a week off! It'll irk me even more if I name a kid Maya and she's NOT the Olicitot!

Posted here instead of clockwise to avoid show spoilers! 

I THINK Maya is debuting 707 or 708. Others can help me out for when it was reported KM started filming. I've seen on here shes apparently filmed with CH and Guy who plays Adult William maybe with SA. SA did say during Fliming for of a episode that his face was covered with Spoliers. Is the crossover 708 or 709?

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No thanks.

Agreed. There’s was talk that he was in Vancouver during crossover filming so maybe he’s referring to that and not a regular episode? I like the actor a lot but without Thea around his character is even more pointless. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Agreed. There’s was talk that he was in Vancouver during crossover filming so maybe he’s referring to that and not a regular episode? I like the actor a lot but without Thea around his character is even more pointless. 

I really hope it's for the crossover and not later in the season, which would open the door for him sticking around longer. 

Man, they really are getting a lot of use out of the prison set (unless this was a throwback). Looks like SA is in Toronto so if they are shooting at Slabside again it’s without him for now. 

Edited by Trisha

There was speculation about the crossover as well as The Demon. I'm not surprised he's back in some form. Never showing his body clearly meant they were keeping the door open and something like an hallucination also makes sense.

Edited by Featherhat
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Beth said that Maya will appear in the first half of S7. Also, in an Oct. 19 facebook video, KM said that she had already shot her first episode of Arrow. FYI, they finished shooting 708 on Oct. 10, so she'll debut sometime before the crossover.

-- On Maya (Katherine McNamara), EP Beth Schwartz: "We'll see her in the first half of the season... There are still many surprises to come." (Oct. 20, 2018 The Hollywood Reporter article, page 6 of Spoilers thread)

-- Katherine McNamara: "I've shot my first episode and they've been so welcoming and so wonderful." (Oct. 19, 2018 Circa POP Live facebook interview with Katherine McNamara, page 6 of Spoilers thread)

I'm beginning to wonder if the fracture in the Olicity marriage is still not healed by 710, but instead deepens. The episode title is ominous: "Shattered Lives."  As for that spoiled mansion pic, how would present day Oliver & Felicity even afford to buy such a large house? That mansion could be appearing in a flashforward (future Olicity or future William house).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

"Shattered Lives" could refer to the future as well.

Maybe we are in for one long miserable storyline in the present and future. 

I still don't mind a rift, as long as no one cheats and it's a lots of crying while hugging each other because we are in so much pain kind of rift. Not the shitty kind.

• Love 3

I'm hoping JB is only back for the crossover. It's so annoying how this show just never lets anything/anyone go though. And we have too many characters as it is. ?

Edited by Guest

Not that it matters but in the comics, Komodo (Robert's protege) kidnapped Emiko from her mother Shado and raised Emiko to believe that the Queen's were evil and that Robert or Oliver (I don't remember which) killed  her mother.

It's possible that you could get a flashback to Malcolm finding/taking Emiko and training her and either abandoning her after finding out that Thea was his daughter or having Emiko run away from Malcolm after realizing he killed Robert

I also wouldn't rule out Malcolm being in the Flash Forward

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I am pleasantly surprised.

I was gobsmacked that I liked the Felicity and Laurel scene.  I only tolerated them last week.  I loved the Felicity smackdown stuff in the first part but didn't care for the stuff in the torture room.  So this scene was a total surprise to me.  I didn't think I could warm up to them but Felicity is just so endearing and NotLaurel made sense and wasn't being for the moment a total ass and at the same time, she was believable, which was nearly unbelievable.  

13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Does anyone get a really sad vibe from the Felicity/BS clip as to how lonely our little munchkin is? She's got no kid, no husband, no friends. She looks like she's trying to be friendly with BS of all people. It makes me sad. I wonder if they'll let her have a meltdown cuz she looks like she's heading towards one.

I also think it's not natural for her not to be friendly.  It's only been with Malcolm and Evil Laurel that she's ever really not been chipper with when they share scenes.  Even her Nyssa irritation wasn't really animus, just annoyance.  So yeah, it's a huge deal that she's reaching out for some emotional support and reassurance from BS. 

She'll take whatever scraps she can whether from the woman that put her husband in prison or the one that was her enemy just recently. 

IF the show can convince me that BS has an actual redemption (or I lean to stop caring) then I could honestly imagine possibly enjoying this as a future friendship. (Yes, that is a lot of caveats but still way closer to a yes from me than I would have ever expected) 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Wow, Diggle's mall security outfit is so, so bad. 

Also, I'm not surprised that TV Line is pointing out how bleak the flash forwards are. The comments on their last recap were almost all about how nothing that happens in the show's present day storyline matters anymore.

Did Walking Dead Bait-and-Switch Us? Why Was Riverdale So '80s? Was It Gargoyle Week on TV?! And More Qs!
https://tvline.com/2018/11/09/the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-movies-andrew-lincoln-tv-questions-answers/

12 | Does knowing Green Arrow still hasn’t saved his city in 20 years make the show feel bleak?

I’m not at all thrilled that Malcolm Merlyn is back. The show had already squeezed every possible drop of story purpose out of him by the time he (offscreen) stepped on the landmine.

My concern is which character is going to suffer the burden of being attached to him? Thea lost her independent story when she was saddled with being the secret daughter.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/09/arrow-curtis-echo-kellum-video/

I'm sorry, did this guy just say Curtis has 14 PhDs? Please tell me I misheard. 

Is it bad that I just do not care about Curtis or his lingering season 6 trauma? 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 1