Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It would honestly be better if we learned she was playing everyone from the start and she really is just evil Laurel

The thing is, if they did this, they’d better make her the Big Bad. Give us a female Big Bad. Don’t have her working for yet another male villain. 

Imagine the story they could do with that. That would be so good. I’d actually really enjoy watching BS if they let her be this mastermind who didn’t constantly work for men when she was so much more powerful than most of them. 

And they could even tie last season into it. She could have played Diaz and Lance, not really caring about Lance and using Diaz to take out Lance and then pretend to be good/win over a couple of the team this season, only to turn on them, kill a member of NTA...

UGH Why can’t we have this?

(I also think KC could have a lot of fun with that role.)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

To be honest, I automatically assumed it would be Oliver's fate in the balance in the flash forwards since William tracks down Roy, a dude with a skill set comparable to Oliver's. I imagine Felicity would come out of the shadow earlier. In my scenario, tracking William down to the island. How did you find me? [pan over to the hozen] You put a tracker in the hozen before I left? - Don't be absurd, I put a tracker in when I gave it to you 20 years ago. Yes, I know about the trip to Tijuana your sophmore year. 

As for the new bads, Silencer has to be set up with Dinah, I assume. I am most displeased this would mean she'd have a foe, but do hope the Silencer actually silences her for an episode at the least. 

They tried the pairing up last season and now we have to really have it with NoTA? No thanks.

1 minute ago, olicityfan25 said:

They tried the pairing up last season and now we have to really have it with NoTA? No thanks.

I can't claim anything, just that if they are paired up according to skills or however the article put it, Screecher vs. Silencer makes sense. 

Add me to the list of those hitting their heads against a wall when Beth or Tonya talks about BS being Quentin's daughter. 

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing is, if they did this, they’d better make her the Big Bad. Give us a female Big Bad. Don’t have her working for yet another male villain. 

Imagine the story they could do with that. That would be so good. I’d actually really enjoy watching BS if they let her be this mastermind who didn’t constantly work for men when she was so much more powerful than most of them. 

And they could even tie last season into it. She could have played Diaz and Lance, not really caring about Lance and using Diaz to take out Lance and then pretend to be good/win over a couple of the team this season, only to turn on them, kill a member of NTA...

UGH Why can’t we have this?

(I also think KC could have a lot of fun with that role.)

Yes.  There is a lot more story possibilities if she is her own person rather a milquetoast remake of E1 Laurel without the actually connections to Oliver that the original had.

But I shouldn't be a pessimist (no matter what Ben Franklin said) and I should give Beth a chance.  And because I was trained in the scientific method, I'm going to make a testable hypothesis:

H1:  someone brings up is it that BS could become the DA without having finished high school

H null:  It get ignored or she makes a comment about reading law books as she did last season.

This is your chance, Beth. Don't let me down this early in the season.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Anyone watched Shadow Hunters? What was Clary like?- if Maya is suppose to be the total opposite. 

I wouldn't say she is some lone wolf street-fighter type, she does become more of a fighter as the series goes on, but she is more of the artsy/think outside the box type of character. She does have a very Oliver style stubborn side and a tendency to run into danger without really thinking about it or waiting for backup, much to the annoyance to everyone she knows, so theres that at least! Also, like Thea, she also had a long lost father who turned out to be a super villain and mass murderer. However, unlike with Thea, that didnt make anyone want him to stay alive more, including her, and when 

Spoiler

she finally killed him, nobody ringed their hands about her killing her dickhead bio dad who had never had anything to do with her, they through a party! After watching all the "we cant let Malcolm die, he`s Thea's father damn it!" drama over here, it was kind of awesome. 

I swear, every time I read something else about Black Siren, I scream louder and louder. At this point, its obvious that they just regret offing Laurel, and want her back, and instead of doing some sensible story wise, like bringing her back from the dead (which is certainly possible in this universe!) they're just grafting her onto this crazed psychopath who is in no way, shape, or form, the same person. It is utter freaking nonsense. 

Just now, Velocity23 said:

Didnt WB/DC basically push for a new BC. They agreed with killing off LL. And it was obvious they started to push for a new BC after SDCC 2016. So it was not just about MG. 

I think that MG wanted LL/BC/KC off the show all together and while he was able to get rid of LL/KC temporarily he couldnt get rid of BC as its something that GB told him to do and not something he wanted to do. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think that MG wanted LL/BC/KC off the show all together and while he was able to get rid of LL/KC temporarily he couldnt get rid of BC as its something that GB told him to do and not something he wanted to do. 

They had to get approval from the higher ups like Geoff Johns to kill of the BC. So i dont get how this is just Marcs doing (i dislike him profoundly), but its not like DC/WB just lets the show do everything. They have to approve SL and decisions. Its clear they supported that decision to at least remove KC as the BC. 

• Love 2

With how they basically buried Laurel as BC, I’m pretty sure they were happy to have BC gone from the show for good tbh (and they should have stuck to that, IMO). But then her death had some backlash and they shoved Dinah on the show as a shoddy bandaid. ?

In fact, each Hunter — Red Dart (Holly Elissa), the shield-loving Kodiak (Van Helsing’s Michael Jonsson), and Silencer (Miranda Edwards) — will essentially be paired against one of the heroes (Think Team Avatar vs. the Red Lotus on Legend of Korra, sort of.)

“They’re a force,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells EW. “Each one has a different team member that they’ll go toe-to-toe with, specifically with what weapons they use.”

I’m assuming from Beth’s answer that a Longbow Hunter will more than likely be paired up with a member of NTA. My question is, whoever gets Curtis should be able to take him down without breaking a sweat, right?  If not, I’m going to seriously question how competent they actually are as far as their deadly assassin skills go. ?

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I’m assuming from Beth’s answer that a Longbow Hunter will more than likely be paired up with a member of NTA. My question is, whoever gets Curtis should be able to take him down without breaking a sweat, right?  If not, I’m going to seriously question how competent they actually are as far as their deadly assassin skills go. ?

Well they could be like the LOA, supposedly deadly warriors who turn into people with the fighting ability of slow toddlers when it counts. I'm cautiously more interested in them than 3D at the moment but I guess we'll see tonight.

I think they wanted LL off the show and brought back KC for BTS reasons, there's not a lot of effort into her story so far. I don't think they really wanted a new BC because Dinah was/is pretty half assed. But I don't think they'd have had her at all if they knew KC was back as a regular. Now they have two screamers they're somewhat struggling with. I doubt they're getting rid of Dinas,  especially if she's in the FF at all and KC will be the last one out of the building.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If Rene actually says “I’m proud of you” to Felicity, I’m going to need her to beat him with a firepoker. 

Rene: I'm proud of you, Blondie

Felicity:...

Rest of the team:...

Diggle:...*sighs*

Felicity:*begins beating Rene with a fire poker* ALL. MY. DREAMS. HAVE. COME. TRUE.

• Love 10

As for the quotes, my guesses

I got bored.---Longbow Hunter
I can take care of myself.---Felicity
No one’s that clean.---Rene
Thank you for the back up.---Felicity
And that someone is not you.---Dinah
You’ve had it in for me since day one.---BS
I know exactly what this is.---Diggle
It’s not how I do things.---Oliver
I just want to do the right thing.---Dinah
I somehow ended up here without a pen.---Longbow Hunter
And then it makes predictive suggestions.---Curtis
I’ll do anything to protect them.---Oliver
So much for not making a mess.--Lol, I'll guess William
Are you familiar with famous last words.---Curtis
Stay behind me.---Diggle
We need a computer.---Actually going to go with Oliver to get the Tvline quote later
Looking for answers is only going to cause you pain.---Roy
He got sent down the river too which is worse than a death sentence.---Going to guess Oliver's new alliance whoever it is

LOL - the SCPD puts 'Laurel' under protective custody since Diaz is back in Star City, even though everyone knows that 'Laurel' was the badass fighter vigilante known as the Black Canary...

‘Arrow’ 7×02 screener secrets: Enter the Longbow Hunters
WRITTEN BY CAITLIN KELLY | 11:00 AM EDT, OCTOBER 21, 2018
https://www.hypable.com/arrow-7x02-screener-secrets/

We have five teases to get you ready for the episode:
Meet the Longbow Hunters
After teasing their arrival in the season 6 finale, Diaz has made good on his promise to bring in this infamous band of assassins. The trio comprises Red Dart, “a ruthless and precise killer”; Silencer, “a master of stealth”; and Kodiak, “a beast of a man with brute force.”

They are a competent, dangerous threat for the good guys to face down. My favorite is probably Silencer; there is a very cool audio effect that goes along with her ability.
There are two very cool fight scenes
The climax of the episode revolves around two different, but equally badass, fight scenes. One involves sonic screams versus a sound dampener and the other takes place on a moving train and involves a flamethrower. Action sequences have always been one of Arrow‘s greatest strengths, and these do not disappoint.
Felicity is hyper-focused on Diaz
After barely getting away from Diaz while in protective custody, Felicity has turned her full attention on catching him. After all, Oliver went to prison in exchange for the FBI helping take down Diaz; if Diaz is still on the loose, Oliver shouldn’t be behind bars.

This obsession with catching Diaz puts her at odds with some of her closest friends and leads to her making an unexpected alliance to get what she wants.
Dinah and Laurel are forced to pair up
With Diaz back in town, SCPD has placed Laurel under protective custody. Laurel, however, has no interest in being protected by SCPD officers — forcing Dinah to step in. As much as she has no interest in protecting the woman who killed Vincent, she must protect Star City’s district attorney, so Laurel’s rebellion against protection forces Dinah to do the job herself.

It goes about as smoothly as you’d expect, though there is a development in this dynamic I’m interested to see continue playing out over the course of the season.
WWGAD
Oliver has had enough of keeping his head down since Diaz went after Felicity and William. He knows Brick is a potential lead to track down Diaz from prison, but Brick isn’t going to just share that information; he has a price, and it’s one Oliver has to find a creative way to pay.

What would Green Arrow do?

He’s not that person anymore, so what would Oliver Queen do?

Edited by tv echo
18 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Felicity is hyper-focused on Diaz
After barely getting away from Diaz while in protective custody, Felicity has turned her full attention on catching him. After all, Oliver went to prison in exchange for the FBI helping take down Diaz; if Diaz is still on the loose, Oliver shouldn’t be behind bars.

This obsession with catching Diaz puts her at odds with some of her closest friends and leads to her making an unexpected alliance to get what she wants.

So I know this will probably be Felicity teaming up with Siren, but I wish they would've had her reach out to Slade. 7 seasons in and I still haven't gotten any good Felicity/Slade scenes. ?

• Love 4

With Watson in 703 and that BTS pic of EBR and KC from 704, I expect Felicity to maybe reach out to Watson first, that not to work, then reach out to BS for 704. If that doesn't work, maybe Anatoly in 705? I could see Felicity just going through a list of people until something works. 

I wish she'd reach out to Rory. I miss Rory. I will continue to miss Rory until they bring him back because having NTA around is just a reminder that there was one newbie I did like and they got rid of him. (I know he couldn't really do anything to help against Diaz, but still, Felicity could use some support on her side and he was a great support for her in S5.) 

• Love 6

The description for 7x3 says Felicity gets an intriguing offer: I assumed that would be from Watson.

I guess they could be teasing Watson for both episode 2 and 3, but I hope not. I'd prefer Felicity go through several options before finding someone that can really help her. I like Anatoly so him & FS teaming up would be fun for me, not as much as Slade... but I'd enjoy it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Another ER interview! ...

Feature: Evan Roderick aka Nick Anastas is Officer-turned-vigilante in Season 7 CW’s “Arrow”
October 17, 2018   Occhi
https://occhimagazine.com/feature-evan-roderick-aka-nick-anastas-is-officer-turned-vigilante-in-season-7-cws-arrow/

Congrats to this guy's publicist for securing all these interviews. I've paid so little attention to Nick that I wouldn't know his face if you sat him down right in front of me.

Also, I'm already tired of Rene's omnipresence in these episodes and that new trailer that was released yesterday. Some folks on Twitter were speculating last night that maybe they're putting him front and center to kill him off at some point this season, and I'm so down with that plan. Zoe can stay, unless it means more airtime for "Uncle Curtis."

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Also, I'm already tired of Rene's omnipresence in these episodes and that new trailer that was released yesterday. Some folks on Twitter were speculating last night that maybe they're putting him front and center to kill him off at some point this season, and I'm so down with that plan. Zoe can stay, unless it means more airtime for "Uncle Curtis."

Nah, I doubt he'll get killed off. But he is being pushed hard. I guess this is their way of rehab-ing his character but the writers STILL haven't realized that pushing someone hard and giving them lots of story/screentime makes it worse. They should have waited until 7b, IMO. Give viewers a break from him and the rest of NTA.

That being said, I think that trailer yesterday featured scenes from more than one episode so hopefully there's not as much Rene as it seems. Otherwise yikes. ?

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Rene: I'm proud of you, Blondie

Felicity:...

Rest of the team:...

Diggle:...*sighs*

Felicity:*begins beating Rene with a fire poker* ALL. MY. DREAMS. HAVE. COME. TRUE.

Oh god this would be glorious!! And ew if Rene says this to Felcity after how he acted last season

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That being said, I think that trailer yesterday featured scenes from more than one episode so hopefully there's not as much Rene as it seems. Otherwise yikes. ?

There were. They had some shots of 704 in there at least, so that was probably 701-704

41 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That being said, I think that trailer yesterday featured scenes from more than one episode so hopefully there's not as much Rene as it seems. Otherwise yikes. 

Yeah, they were definitely from more than one episode, but that just makes me fear he's going to be a constant presence in every episode. There was really no reason for the promo to feature that much of him.

The former members of TeamArrow might not be able to spend their nights playing vigilante anymore in the new season of Arrow, but it looks like old habits die hard when it comes to Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Curtis' (Echo Kellum) team-ups.

Yuck

• Love 6

https://www.ibtimes.com/arrow-star-emily-bett-rickards-wants-felicity-suit-2726553

“I would like to see her suit up. I really would,” the actress told International Business Times when asked if she had a wish list of things she’d like to see Felicity do on The CW series.

Though Felicity had once rejected Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) suggestion that she wear a mask as Overwatch, Bett Rickards thinks a suit could be warranted. “I don’t think she needs like a mask and a cape or that sort of thing, but I think that because she’s sort of been in this world for so long, it’s not like she hasn’t been learning self-defense and that’s certainly — I think she’ll always be sort of uncoordinated — I just think that’s not too far out there for her,” she explained.

The “Arrow” Season 7 premiere certainly proved that Felicity finds her way into action sequences. She faced off against Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) without any armor and managed to escape with mostly just cuts and bruises. Some superhero armor certainly would have come in handy. Fans will have to wait and see if the actress’ hope to suit up comes true.

Bett Rickards didn’t share many specifics about what she imagines Felicity’s superhero uniform to look like, but she knows one must-have: “It better be, like, super techy.”

While she isn’t sure if Felicity will ever suit up, “Arrow” audiences won’t have to wait long to see her character achieve other tasks that have been on Bett Rickards’ wish list for quite some time. “Some of the things that come up in the first six episodes was something I’d been hoping for her to do, so I’m excited for you guys to see that,” she teased.

While she couldn’t get into too many spoilers about what’s coming up for Felicity, IBT previously reportedthat she revealed that the tech genius will work with an unexpected ally — Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). “It is quite something,” she said of their dynamic.

They shouldn’t, however, expect Felicity to share scenes with Roy (Colton Haynes), who has only been seen in flash forwards so far.

“We’re very good friends, so just having him on set is a blessing,” Bett Rickards said. “We’ll see each other on set and we’ll see each other offset, but we haven’t had any scenes together yet, which just feels like evil, really.”

In Monday’s episode of “Arrow,” viewers will see Felicity back in Star City and working with her old team (sans Oliver, who is still in prison), but helping Curtis (Echo Kellum) and John (David Ramsey) at A.R.G.U.S. is very different from being a vigilante. 

• Love 4

Anatoly is working with ARGUS now, or just because Diggle's there

9 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Yep.

Curtis is another cockroach, but I guess if Felicity gets to be the one to go after Diaz, I'll let NTA have their pairings.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

LOL - the SCPD puts 'Laurel' under protective custody since Diaz is back in Star City, even though everyone knows that 'Laurel' was the badass fighter vigilante known as the Black Canary...

Why is a high school drop-out the DA of a city where she only recently arrived?

I can understand protecting her if she really were E1 Laurel Lance but Black Siren is a meta and Diaz going after her is only natural consequences. Don't knock yourself out, Dinah.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, way2interested said:

“I would like to see her suit up. I really would,” the actress told International Business Times when asked if she had a wish list of things she’d like to see Felicity do on The CW series.

Huh. Is this the first time we've heard from Emily about wanting to suit up? I don't think I've heard her say that before. In the past she was pretty adamant about Felicity not needing a suit, wasn't she? She's a total hero even without the costume but it's always been odd that she wouldn't have at least some Kevlar on when she goes out in the field (or a mask when they were all still hiding their identities). 

I'm surprised EBR has changed her tune about wanting Felicity to suit up. She was always against it before but now she's not? Hmm. I personally don't want Felicity to suit up because she's unique without it (I don't want her to become another boring mask) so I hope she was just talking about Felicity being in the action a bit more. 

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm surprised EBR has changed her tune about wanting Felicity to suit up. She was always against it before but now she's not? Hmm. I personally don't want Felicity to suit up because she's unique without it (I don't want her to become another boring mask) so I hope she was just talking about Felicity being in the action a bit more. 

I'm on the "maybe if she suits up she'll get more storylines, promotional opportunities" corner. If that's what it takes, then I hope it actually happens. I don't NEED her to suit up, but 6 seasons of her being pushed aside to promote the masks has annoyed the hell out of me. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm on the "maybe if she suits up she'll get more storylines, promotional opportunities" corner. If that's what it takes, then I hope it actually happens. I don't NEED her to suit up, but 6 seasons of her being pushed aside to promote the masks has annoyed the hell out of me. 

I see your point completely but I also don't want Felicity to lose what makes her special. And on a show full of masks, she is special. I've always thought she should have some kind of field outfit for the times she does go out into the field but I don't think it needs to be a leather costume.

13 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

They had to get approval from the higher ups like Geoff Johns to kill of the BC. So i dont get how this is just Marcs doing (i dislike him profoundly), but its not like DC/WB just lets the show do everything. They have to approve SL and decisions. Its clear they supported that decision to at least remove KC as the BC. 

Marc is the one who wanted it. Them signing off on killing a character is different than being the driving force behind it. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Why is a high school drop-out the DA of a city where she only recently arrived?

Do you happen to know which episode she mentioned being a high school dropout in? I looked back at a few scenes I thought it might've been mentioned in and it wasn't. I don't remember this coming up, but this is the third time I've seen it so I'm sure I missed something.

8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I can't even remember the last time Laura was excited about this show, but this is a good omen.

I wish she'd review it again. Hers were always the best.

LOL at the new clip. If I were Felicity, I'd be drinking heavily at this point too. Who's apartment is that?

I like the way the sneak peek is cut, but I do find it off putting that Dig didn't shoot a text to Felicity straight away that they have info on how DIAZ TRACKED HER DOWN! IN ARGUS' PROTECTIVE CUSTODY! Come on, Dig, what with the n00bs and BS, my plate is full with people annoying me. Don't try to budge in. 

• Love 1

That 2nd sneak peek...Felicity and Diggle just happily drinking with NTA turns my stomach. They're really just pretending S6 didn't happen. I cannot! I cannot erase my memory and my hatred. What the hell.

The only good thing is Felicity invented some tech again. FINALLY. But the rest? Go away. 

Edited by Guest