Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

It’s because she’s Laurel. Redemption via SWF.

Why would she even want to suit up with these guys? Oliver has no time for her and Dinah is ready to lock her up in 7x18.

13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing is, we haven’t seen anything from this Laurel suggesting she wants to suit up. I can buy her wanting to help people as DA after faking it in the beginning. But there’s been nothing to even suggest she wants to be (a) BC. So is it simply because she’s a Laurel? 

While I doubt it, we still have 18-21 that could change a lot of things. It'll probably just be a random moment though with these writers.

If it is what it looks like, I fully expect the press release to read, “Oliver turns to an unlikely ally for help” or “Oliver recruits an old friend,” but for Felicity or Dinah to bring in Laurel to help and Oliver and Laurel to barely exchange words in the entire episode. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I can't for the life of me imagine what it would be but it's the only explanation I can think of for her suddenly suiting up as BC.

It is the one part of E-1 Laurel’s life she hasn’t inserted herself in, so perhaps the redemption cannot be completed until that achievement is unlocked?

• LOL 5
(edited)

Ken, the paparazzi guy in Vancouver, confirmed Katie was filming. 

As with everything related to Laurel, I don’t have high expectations that her purpose in the show will make a whole lot of sense.  It will not surprise me if Katie remains with the show until it wraps at the end of S8.

I don’t think Arrow ever really needed a canary and it definitely doesn’t need multiple versions all at the same time. Once Emily leaves there’ll be no present day characters that don’t have a mask/superhero suit. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 1

Could they not have given her a new BC outfit? Their half-assed redemption doesn’t erase the fact that she’s not E1 Laurel. I find the whole thing so creepy. 

I hope it is a new one and it’s just tough to make out because of blurryness. It would make more sense to modify her Siren suit than for her to take a dead woman’s outfit, but she’s taken the rest of that dead woman’s life so I suppose it would be fitting, LOL. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

As with everything Laurel, the writers put the least amount of effort into her purpose on the show.

Unless they provide a reason in the next few episodes, I have zero clues about why she is still hanging around a group of people who don’t consider her a friend let alone part of the team.  

If they were just going to end up with E2 Laurel being a carbon copy of E1 Laurel, complete with lawyer job & matching BC suit, it becomes kind of pointless to have killed her off in S4. But that’s Arrow, I guess.

• Love 1
(edited)

Didnt the guy who designs costumes for Arrow mention that Sea was the last costume he'll design for Arrow? I'm pretty sure they are just gonna slap Laurels old costume on Siren. They've rushed and half assed her redemption I doubt they'd go to the effort of creating a brand new costume for her. Especially since they only have 10 eps left and Laurel/BS barely appears for longer then 5 minutes when she is in an Ep.

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Didnt the guy who designs costumes for Arrow mention that Sea was the last costume he'll design for Arrow? I'm pretty sure they are just gonna slap Laurels old costume on Siren. They've rushed and half assed her redemption I doubt they'd go to the effort of creating a brand new costume for her. Especially since they only have 10 eps left and Laurel/BS barely appears for longer then 5 minutes when she is in an Ep.

It's easy to take aspects of an outfit and just create an adjusted one like they did with Dinah in the future.

Take the BC jacket/top and pair it with the Siren pants and bam! easy mash up.

3 hours ago, way2interested said:

LaMonica Garrett is going to the wrap party and has his Moniter facial hair, let the speculations get even more complicated!

Hmm - Monitor coming to collect his debt? We knew this he and the crossover deal would come back around, didn't think it would be this season.

(edited)
11 hours ago, kes0704 said:

Unless they provide a reason in the next few episodes, I have zero clues about why she is still hanging around a group of people who don’t consider her a friend let alone part of the team.

And next season, the one character who does like her won't even be around. I guess either Dinah will become her new champion or off-screen Felicity will ask Oliver to play nice with her as a personal favor. 

Edited by KenyaJ

Maybe Laurel returns in the finale to help with the annual May problem. Then Felicity asks her to hang around to watch over SC while she and Oliver go to the cabin to retire/have Mia since Laurel knows about the pregnancy. Oliver and Felicity tell the others the city’s safe in their hands. 

Then in 801, Laurel goes to the cabin to get Oliver because they need the Green Arrow. (Felicity can be out at the store/in another room with Mia for the conversation to explain her absence.) Because why not just repeat 401? 

KC really will be the last one out of the building and E2LL can finally take her destiny as Olivers One True Love (not. Touches wood). Seriously they don't need two of them there. Team is just a random collection of masks now.

• Love 2

Even if in the upcoming Lost Canary episode they decide that E2Laurel is "redeemed" she's still going to be disgraced in the eyes of Star City.  Even if they explained she was original Laurel's evil Twin to save her rep, fleeing and going on a burglary spree isn't going to allow for BS to return to her position as DA (another evil DA, lol.  Maybe all the criminals get out of jail again with overturned convictions)  So it wouldn't make sense for Laurel to stick around in Star City on the regular.  She'd have to be in hiding the whole time.  I can see it make sense for them to have her return as just extra muscle in May.  

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I can see it make sense for them to have her return as just extra muscle in May.  

Especially since the SCPD could turn on them/include members of the Ninth Circle and they also likely wouldn’t be as useful in a finale battle as someone with a meta cry. Plus the mayor could always decide to order the SCPD to stand down/take a vacation/focus on arresting the team. 

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Laurel could be another doppelganger recruited by The Montior for the upcoming fight.

Another Dinah Laurel Lance? Another BC? The hilarity of the idea almost makes me want it . lol

• LOL 9

If we ever meet or hear of another Laurel (not that I think we will), please let her never have even heard of Oliver Queen. I still can’t believe they added that unrequited love part to Siren-X’s backstory. That was completely unnecessary. 

• Love 10

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the versions of Laurel is in the cross-over and finale.

11 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Team is just a random collection of masks now.

It really is.  In present day there will be Dinah, Rene and Diggle, Emiko if she's redeemed. Oliver travelling back and forth to Star City. Future is Dinah, Zoe and Roy.

There's really no logic to the present team, and one barely there in the future.

• Love 1

That picture, with the Two Canaries and a Siren in the front and Felicity hidden behind them barely there does not tempt me to get excited about the episode. Here's hoping there are some scenes between Sara and Felicity.

If Rene is gone next season, will it just be Oliver and Diggle in the Arrow cave and Dinah at SCPD, or an Oliver/Diggle/Dinah team, thus causing the comic book fandom to orgasm each week? I hope the future scenes continue in that case.

20 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I'm starting to think season 8 will just be set up for COIE and not really Arrow as we know it at all. Which, honestly, I'd prefer to a Felicity-less standard season but I'm not sure it would work.

It sounds pretty boring to me if the whole season will just be a set-up to the crossover, although I should have expected that given how Arrow has been used the past seasons.

The idea that they talked SA into coming back just to service the other shows makes me burn with rage.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ene is gone next season, will it just be Oliver and Diggle in the Arrow cave and Dinah at SCPD, or an Oliver/Diggle/Dinah team, thus causing the comic book fandom to orgasm each week? I hope the future scenes continue in that case.

I don't think Dinah has any fans. They'll probably get their thrills over the fact that KC has no employment prospects and will be staying until the bitter end so the hopes of a GA/whatever version of Laurel 4eva will be alive. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't think Dinah has any fans.

I don't think Dinah-the-character has many fans but Dinah-the-Black-Canary does. I've read comments on places like TV Line, and I'd venture to guess reddit although I don't read those, that now that EBR is leaving, the show can get back to its true trajectory with Oliver and Dinah together.  Some are also pushing a romance between them too.

ETA

They really should've had Dinah ditch the mask. 3 costumes, 1 mask just doesnt look good.

And it's not like her identity is a secret any more.  I think.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
Just now, statsgirl said:

I don't think Dinah-the-character has many fans but Dinah-the-Black-Canary does. I've read comments on places like TV Line, and I'd venture to guess reddit although I don't read those, that now that EBR is leaving, the show can get back to its true trajectory with Oliver and Dinah together.  Some are also pushing a romance between them too.

Really? I thought Reddit hated her for stealing KC's thunder. Isn't that why the actress is always so salty? Cuz she gets no attention?

Anyways don't really care!

Just now, lemotomato said:

Let’s hope Arrow’s version of a female-focused episode doesn’t have anyone saying “hashtag feminism”.

Omg must you bring that up? That was the most mortifying 40min of TV. I thought people were making it up until I saw it💀

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, calliope1975 said:

What acting teacher told KC that crossed arms are the way to go? Every time. All the time.

She’s officially Laurel E1! The redemption is complete!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

What acting teacher told KC that crossed arms are the way to go? Every time. All the time.

Have you not studied basic acting?

* To convey annoyance cross arms

* To convey annoyance and confusion cross arms and think of lunch 

* To convey petulance cross arms

* When in doubt as to which doppleganger you are cross arms and look petulant 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

https://tvline.com/2019/04/08/arrow-season-7-episode-18-photos-caity-lotz-laurel-dinah-sara-felicity/#comments

“I know we did a Canary-esque episode in a previous season” — Season 2’s “Birds of Prey,” which pitted Sara and Laurel against the Huntress — “but we have been talking about a Birds of Prey-inspired episode for years, and have it really focused on the women,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I was very determined to make that happen this season.”

Reflecting on how the anticipated team-up came out, Schwartz says, “I think that my favorite part is just having all the women in the forefront, and they sort of have each other’s backs.  Instead of having them be against each other, they work together to try to help each other. You don’t get to see that very often, and that’s a very important message that I just really wanted to have.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

• Love 2