Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

Arrow Boss: Felicity's Exit Will Be Addressed at End of This Season — Will She Return for Series Finale?

Speaking with TVLine on Sunday at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019, Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz said that Rickards’ and thus Felicity’s exit “is addressed at the end of this season” versus, say, in the final season premiere. (Schwartz tweeted back on March 19 that she was in the process of writing the finale script, while series lead Stephen Amell shared on March 25 that he had read it.) As Schwartz explained to TVLine, “We kinda knew” going in where Rickards’ head was at with regards to her future on the series.

Does that closing part of the joint statement mean that Rickards will likely return for at least the sure-to-be-grand series finale? (Arrow’s eighth and final season is running just 10 episodes.)

“I cannot comment on that,” Schwartz answered.

https://tvline.com/2019/03/31/arrow-felicity-exit-storyline-emily-bett-rickards/

• Love 2
6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm preparing myself for her to pull a Moira to save William and/or Mia. 

UGH could you imagine another "Close your eyes, Baby" but its Felicity to Mia before shes killed by that Assbag Kevin Dale? 😭😭

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think SA has made it abundantly clear that he wanted Felicity in the show from s1 on.  As for him being "obviously fine" there is no way to know this.  If this was solely EBR's decision because she got the job for the play, then I would suspect he's being respectful of her decision especially if she signed on for the other role expecting s7 to be the end of the show.  I'm not sure why you think SA doesn't care about Felicity's legacy given how he has always advocated for Felicity. 

It really doesn't matter if he's fine with it or not as far as the show is concerned.  He signed a contract so he'll show up and do his job - it's not in his best interest to pout his way through the last season.  If he sleepwalks his way through it because he's sad about EBR not being there, then so be it.  It wouldn't be the first time a star half-heartedly went through the motions (see David Duchovny at the end of the X-Files, Richard Dean Anderson at the end of Stargate, etc.).

All that being said, Felicity has to show up in some manner in the finale.  Preferably in person, possibly in a phone call if EBR really can't show up.  They could also fly SA to wherever she is (presumably a big city if she's working) and film the scene.  Of course, just for laughs they could CGI her likeness onto another actress.  Who needs a person when you have a computer?

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Didn’t SA say on Instagram(?) that he was waiting until Monday so he could process that EBR was leaving?

He just said he needed till Monday. I don’t think it’s to process. I have no doubt he knew from the beginning of S7 she wasn’t coming back. 

I’m hoping the Monday comment means a Facebook Live with EBR. 

• Love 6

Haha Oliver can talk to the person they use for EBR's double and we just won't see the face or hear a response. Blonde stand in can nod!

Or they might kill Felicity and play a montage of memories with old clips. 

I'm surprised and annoyed we didn't get better Olicity scenes with this being her last season and they knew it. They had way too much crap in the ep with the pregnancy announcement which lasted like 30- 45 secs. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

He just said he needed till Monday. I don’t think it’s to process. I have no doubt he knew from the beginning of S7 she wasn’t coming back. 

I’m hoping the Monday comment means a Facebook Live with EBR. 

Yep. At the very least, I think we’ll get a FB Live from him tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm surprised and annoyed we didn't get better Olicity scenes with this being her last season and they knew it. They had way too much crap in the ep with the pregnancy announcement which lasted like 30- 45 secs. 

Hopefully we’ll get quality Olicity content in the final episodes of the season. 

Also, do we know the titles for 720-722? We know 721, right? Although I doubt it’ll happen, I wish one of them would be “Overwatch.”

Well we still have 5 episodes left.

I always want more Felicity/Olicity and I do think there could have been more focus in areas but if we are comparing exits, we got it pretty good. Felicity is getting everything this season. The company and a family. Felicity was The Mystery of the FFs.  EBR herself said that in 7A, she got to do things she always wanted. They are spending the entire season wrapping her up.

Laurel got clunky foreshadowing and 1 episode. Lance went to crazytown. Curtis got like 1 line about a job offer.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Does that closing part of the joint statement mean that Rickards will likely return for at least the sure-to-be-grand series finale? (Arrow’s eighth and final season is running just 10 episodes.)

“I cannot comment on that,” Schwartz answered.

I love Oliver and I care about what happens to him, but with Crisis looming and the fact that it seems like he'll be around in Star City in some capacity while his pregnant wife is in hiding because things aren't safe, and the dismal, depressing flash forwards painting a bleak picture for everyone I care about, I just don't think I have it in me to watch beyond the end of this season. 

If I knew for sure things were going to turn out well for him and that the future is going to be changed, I would. It would be nice to know that Emily's going to come back for a final swerve to a nicer future, but I don't want to get further invested only to have things stick (still hope they won't, but I'm not gonna count on it). 

Do me this one solid, please show. 

• Love 16

Idk, imo the Olicity in this season has been great, especially since most of it were scenes/moments that were unexpected or didn't think were going to be included. Like,

• "Oliver only interacts with Diggle in 701" Jk, Olicity have the biggest scene in the episode, along with a parallel fight scene that was also unexpected
  • "The writers neglect to reference how Olicity are married in s6" Oliver and Felicity refer to each other as husband and wife in every episode they are apart, with Oliver being the driving force of Felicity's plot in 705 and Felicity and William being triggers for Oliver throughout the prison arc
  • "We'll miss out on a reunion scene" They actually free up over one full minute for Olicity to reunite, including a kiss
  • Olicity got an anniversary reference, still continuing to reference they are married multiple times more than s6
  • "Olicity will be left in turmoil after 708" As if Beth knew that would be the reaction, the Arrow episode ends with Olicity reuniting (with an infamous "love of my life" line never before said) and get a kiss while WestAllen don't
  • Felicity being pregnant, 2 years ago no one would have thought that would happen in-show unless the finale
  • "William is gone for good, we'll never see Olicity be parents to him now" Olicity still get to be parents to William
  • "I hope that we'll get a reveal scene, but knowing these writers, probably not" It may have been short, but there was one, after it was believed there might not be at all
  • Olicity has a whole scene of Oliver telling Felicity that he's on her side even on killing Diaz
  • Olicity have a whole subplot over being new expectant parents
  • Olicity have a whole scene discussing baby names
  • A birthing scene, also may be short, but no one expected one at all
  • etc

I get that maybe these aren't crazy defining 320-sex scene levels important, but I hardly think these and others were lacking in quality.

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, do we know the titles for 720-722? We know 721, right? Although I doubt it’ll happen, I wish one of them would be “Overwatch.”

720 is Confessions, 721 is Living Proof, 722 starts shooting later this week

• Love 13

Felicity deserves an episode titled "Overwatch" especially since this is her last season. 

I'm sure the others who left had their fans but she's the Queen of this show.  It's not really comparable. It would be a shame to send her off without her own ep especially since garbage bad acting new sister got a whole ep to herself. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I love Oliver and I care about what happens to him, but with Crisis looming and the fact that it seems like he'll be around in Star City in some capacity while his pregnant wife is in hiding because things aren't safe, and the dismal, depressing flash forwards painting a bleak picture for everyone I care about, I just don't think I have it in me to watch beyond the end of this season. 

If I knew for sure things were going to turn out well for him and that the future is going to be changed, I would. It would be nice to know that Emily's going to come back for a final swerve to a nicer future, but I don't want to get further invested only to have things stick (still hope they won't, but I'm not gonna count on it). 

Do me this one solid, please show. 

BS is so anti-spoiler, I can see her keeping EBR’s return a secret. Of course, by that time Arrow may not have had any fan attention in months and GB tweets it out himself. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm preparing myself for her to pull a Moira to save William and/or Mia. 

I think it's far more likely that the bounty on Felicity is just too hot and she has to leave town, it not being safe for her.  I would be shocked if they killed her in the future but if they did, it would pretty much seal the deal for me that they were rewriting the future.  It's just too easy to explain her absence.  And she'll never be in the same situation as Moira since we'd need a crazy Slade to make it happen and there's no character in the future with that kind of relationship.  So I wouldn't worry on it.  

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just feel like they would know how long her play is and if she was available wouldn't they say something about her coming back to console fans?

Or are they wanting to let everyone panic a bit for a surprise?

I dunno a lot of people are declaring they are going to check out it seems smarter to let them have something to look forward to unless that's not how TV works cuz I know nothing about TV.

It's way too early for them to know her or their schedule let alone what they'd need her to come back for.  None of that has been written.  How could anyone possibly know yet if it's possible for her to come back?  And if they can't lock her down (and the only way they could is if she was still a season regular) then they wouldn't want to get any false hopes up if they can't deliver. 

Knowing how sentimental EBR seems, (she celebrates friend anniversaries, lol) I expect by the time they'd need her for a finale, she'll be missing her castmates and crew terribly and chomping at the bit to be there at the end.  IF she can.     

8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

He's the lead. The show continues or ends without him. 

I hardly expect the lighting guy or gal to quit out of solidarity.

SA is obviously fine with a Felicityless season that much is true. I'm not saying he was plotting to get rid of her but I doubt he particularly cares how Felicity's legacy ends. And he doesn't have to. 

I'm sure SA got immense pressure to come back for those final episodes.  The Arrowverse is all of their legacy but SA's in particular.  I can see where what he'd personally have preferred, got worn away by a feeling of responsibility and obligation. Plus it's not like they let the OTA do group negotiations.  Everytime there has been negotiations they've had to decide what they personally are willing to do and hope that their castmates felt the same.  

SA said he wanted to leave in great part because of how much he is away from his family.  So this is not his first choice to continue on but he agreed for whatever reason probably hoping some change could be made so EBR could be there as well but if not, trusting the writers and the show runners to still come up with an ending honoring the characters and the Olicity legacy.  They've already told us that Felicity steadfastly remains a hero 20 years into the future and has never stopped loving her family for  a moment and that ring is still on her finger.  I have no doubt that SA does deeply care about something that has defined the show and deeply cares about the person, EBR who is a best friend.  I mean, his post was mostly I love you and can't handle talking about this more right now.  He cares.  So much.  But it's not really in his control. 

He isn't omnipotent enough to know what EBR needed to do or what her obligations were.  That's just too much of a burden to place on a mere actor, even a lead.    

But I get being angry about something that makes so many of us sad and wanting to blame someone.  It's hard to be a viewer with no control over what we love so passionately.  

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

BS is so anti-spoiler, I can see her keeping EBR’s return a secret. Of course, by that time Arrow may not have had any fan attention in months and GB tweets it out himself. 

Oh yeah, I didn't think she would let it slip either way, I was just wishing that she (or someone) would for my own peace of mind. I hope someone gets an answer from David or Stephen at a con this summer, LOL. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Felicity deserves an episode titled "Overwatch" especially since this is her last season. 

I'm sure the others who left had their fans but she's the Queen of this show.  It's not really comparable. It would be a shame to send her off without her own ep especially since garbage bad acting new sister got a whole ep to herself. 

We can't compare Emiko in one season vs Felicity in 7.  Felicity probably won't get an episode specifically named after her this season but she owned the show for the first half of the season IMO.  (and she got the Secret Life of Felicity Smoak in season 4) Plus I suspect we are going to get good Felicity content in Lost Canary.  

More (much more) is always better but compared to other characters on the show, Felicity has been well served.

• Love 7

I’m really intrigued to know what project EBR has lined up that she couldn’t do any S8 episodes. I wonder when we’ll be finding out?

Also, would they even know yet if they could persuade EBR to come back for the series finale? IDK it just seems too early to even say. 

I really hope she does come back for the end though. My only dumb hope is that Felicity doesn’t die in the future in 722 and we get an eventual Olicity/Queen family reunion because somehow Oliver isn’t dead (as the future currently implies). I hate the flashforwards but if they’re not gonna erase or change them, I’d even take that kind of ending right now.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I’m really intrigued to know what project EBR has lined up that she couldn’t do any S8 episodes. I wonder when we’ll be finding out?

We don't know that she can't or won't. All we know is that she wouldn't/couldn't be locked in for 10 straight episodes filming July-September/October.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

We don't know that she can't or won't. All we know is that she wouldn't/couldn't be locked in for 10 straight episodes filming July-September/October.

So you’re saying there’s a chance we might see her in some episodes? I hope you’re right! 

I am torn between thinking they'll kill her off for poignancy and then bring her back from the dead if EBR returns or just sending Felicity away in the future or asleep in a tomb a la Elena from TVD.

Whatever happens they probably cannot do worse than HIMYM which will most likely always take the cake as the worst ending ever.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Idk, imo the Olicity in this season has been great, especially since most of it were scenes/moments that were unexpected or didn't think were going to be included. Like,

• "Oliver only interacts with Diggle in 701" Jk, Olicity have the biggest scene in the episode, along with a parallel fight scene that was also unexpected
  • "The writers neglect to reference how Olicity are married in s6" Oliver and Felicity refer to each other as husband and wife in every episode they are apart, with Oliver being the driving force of Felicity's plot in 705 and Felicity and William being triggers for Oliver throughout the prison arc
  • "We'll miss out on a reunion scene" They actually free up over one full minute for Olicity to reunite, including a kiss
  • Olicity got an anniversary reference, still continuing to reference they are married multiple times more than s6
  • "Olicity will be left in turmoil after 708" As if Beth knew that would be the reaction, the Arrow episode ends with Olicity reuniting (with an infamous "love of my life" line never before said) and get a kiss while WestAllen don't
  • Felicity being pregnant, 2 years ago no one would have thought that would happen in-show unless the finale
  • "William is gone for good, we'll never see Olicity be parents to him now" Olicity still get to be parents to William
  • "I hope that we'll get a reveal scene, but knowing these writers, probably not" It may have been short, but there was one, after it was believed there might not be at all
  • Olicity has a whole scene of Oliver telling Felicity that he's on her side even on killing Diaz
  • Olicity have a whole subplot over being new expectant parents
  • Olicity have a whole scene discussing baby names
  • A birthing scene, also may be short, but no one expected one at all
  • etc

I get that maybe these aren't crazy defining 320-sex scene levels important, but I hardly think these and others were lacking in quality.

720 is Confessions, 721 is Living Proof, 722 starts shooting later this week

Responding to this in Bitterness thread.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't know for sure how I'll feel in October, but right now, I can't fathom watching S8. I've learned from 215-219, 304, 418, 619, 620, etc. that episodes with little to no Felicity hold zero interest for me. And in almost all of those cases, I didn't know about the limited Felicity until the episode aired. Knowing beforehand? Pffffft. Why would I put myself through that?

I feel almost certain that Emily and Felicity will turn up for the series finale, and I'll absolutely come back for that. I might even watch the rest of S8 after the fact, depending on how the finale hits me. But I can't watch live knowing there won't be any Felicity or Olicity to counteract Rene/Dinah/all the other characters I don't care about.

• Love 7

This is strange. A paragraph was edited in the TV Line article. This is what was first posted: (change in bold)

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Speaking with TVLine on Sunday at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019, Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz said that Rickards’ and thus Felicity’s exit “is addressed at the end of this season” versus, say, in the final season premiere. (Schwartz tweeted back on March 19 that she was in the process of writing the finale script, while series lead Stephen Amell shared on March 25 that he had read it.) As Schwartz explained to TVLine, We kinda knew” going in where Rickards’ head was at with regards to her future on the series.

And this is what it says now:

Speaking with TVLine on Sunday at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019, Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz said that Rickards’ and thus Felicity’s exit “is addressed at the end of this season” versus, say, in the final season premiere. (Schwartz tweeted back on March 19 that she was in the process of writing the finale script, while series lead Stephen Amell shared on March 25 that he had read it.) As Schwartz explained to TVLine, “We kinda knew” going into the finale where Rickards’ head was at with regards to her future on the series.

So they clairified that BS knew EBR wouldn’t be coming back “going into the finale” while the first version reads like they knew earlier. I wonder if that is a change BS requested, or if they just thought the sentence needed more clarity? And now I’m even more confused. Previously I assumed that the cast were only locked down until the end of S7 and the producers knew EBR wouldn’t be back for a while. Now I’m not sure. 

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

So they clairified that BS knew EBR wouldn’t be coming back “going into the finale” while the first version reads like they knew earlier. I wonder if that is a change BS requested, or if they just thought the sentence needed more clarity? And now I’m even more confused. Previously I assumed that the cast were only locked down until the end of S7 and the producers knew EBR wouldn’t be back for a while. Now I’m not sure. 

I don't think the clarification rules out the possibility that they've known for a while. If they didn't, they really lucked into just happening to write a storyline that gives them an excuse for her exit. 

I tend to think they knew, and have known for a while, and wrote the season 7 storyline with her departure in mind. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I've gotten the sense that the 10-episode S8 decision was made fairly recently. Before that, I think they were contemplating a S8 focused on Emiko or OTA 2.0, but they knew Stephen and Emily were going to be out after S7. Once Stephen agreed to come back, I assume that had hope that Emily would come back too, and she probably informed them of the plans for her play and any other commitments she might have. Beth tweeted a couple of weeks ago that she was writing the finale, so I assume that's around the time Emily informed them she didn't think she was going to be able to come back for S8 and Beth was able to address the reasons for her absence in S8.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think it was just for clarity? Since it’s all about the finale. Maybe they checked in with her before writing the finale to see if she thought she could at least return in a recurring role?

IMO they knew ages ago EBR was leaving. William not knowing Mia was my first clue but what cemented my gut feeling about it was the fact that we saw Mia’s birth in 716. It felt like they knew she wouldn’t be around to film it in S8. They had to have known a while ago. 

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Arrow writers: Hold my beer 😛

I actually thought long and hard about that and I reckon the only way to top HIMYM is an epic Oliver wedding (or blossoming romance) with one of the birds in the finale.

All depends on whether a double death of Olicity or just the death of Felicity is considered as bad as how HIMYM went down.

If they are both dead then at least they are dead together. Very Korean series but dead together is not too bad. Can float around on the after life and reincarnate as Olicity 2.0. If Felicity is dead and he mourns her for the rest of his days that's bad but still not HIMYM bad (to me anyway).

I think it should still be better than HIMYM.

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I've gotten the sense that the 10-episode S8 decision was made fairly recently. Before that, I think they were contemplating a S8 focused on Emiko or OTA 2.0, but they knew Stephen and Emily were going to be out after S7.

Yeah, I think this is possible. I’m seeing A LOT of complaints on Twitter that the writers have known that EBR was leaving for a while and they’ve done a crap job planning this season. But if the 10-episode S8 decision just came within the last couple of months, knowing how far ahead they are in writing scripts vs airing, they would only be able to re-route their plans within the last few episodes. 

I’m also pretty sure that once they locked down a shortened S8 with SA, they would have quickly tried to negotiate a similar deal with their other series regulars. But even if they couldn’t lock them all down, they still made the decision to go forward with the new plan. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Trisha said:

This is strange. A paragraph was edited in the TV Line article. This is what was first posted: (change in bold)

And this is what it says now:

I tend to think they kind of knew at the start of the season since S7 is pretty much a season long wrap up for Felicity/Olicity. I expect they were negotiating with EBR over the Jan/Feb annual renewal hoping they could get her to sign on for something next year. However talks broke down and by Beth's writing the finale she knew EBR wasn't coming back as a series regular for S8.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’m also pretty sure that once they locked down a shortened S8 with SA, they would have quickly tried to negotiate a similar deal with their other series regulars. But even if they couldn’t lock them all down, they still made the decision to go forward with the new plan. 

I haven’t shared this publicly until now, because I didn’t want to deal with unnecessary drama and speculation before official announcements were made, but at HVFF SJ in December I had asked David about his status for season 8 and what he knew about SA and EBR. He told me that he had already signed on for season 8. And as far as he knew, SA and EBR were still negotiating. So make of that what you will.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Similar to @KenyaJ,I wonder if the situation was that they knew they were getting a season 8 when they planned for COIE from this year's crossover but also knew that SA and EBR didn't want to sign on but thought they could continue the show with Dinah, Rene and Emiko. Then when the audience reaction to Emiko was so tepid (and still contained leftover hate for Rene and Dinah), they realize that without SA there is no show so they offered him a very sweet pot to come back to do the episodes up to and including the crossover.  They couldn't get the same commitment from EBR so they wrote the finale to explain why she isn't on next season, meanwhile hoping that she will come back for the big finale.

Jennifer Morrison did agree to come back for one episode on OUaT and they completely misused her in it. I laugh, because the last season of that show was just terrible.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Whatever happens they probably cannot do worse than HIMYM which will most likely always take the cake as the worst ending ever.

You're too young to remember St. Elsewhere. That will always be the worst finale for me. In case you're wondering, it ended with the whole show, all 6 seasons, being something that was imagined in the mind of an autistic boy. Talk about a kick in the teeth for viewers. Amazing cast though, Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon, Howie Mandel, David Morse, William Daniels, Stephen Furst, Bruce Greenwood...

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You're too young to remember St. Elsewhere. That will always be the worst finale for me. In case you're wondering, it ended with the whole show, all 6 seasons, being something that was imagined in the mind of an autistic boy. Talk about a kick in the teeth for viewers. Amazing cast though, Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon, Howie Mandel, David Morse, William Daniels, Stephen Furst, Bruce Greenwood...

I'll take this to small quiver!

(edited)

The BTS mechanics and timing of this fascinate me, but I know we're never going to get an accurate account of what all actually happened, same with WH's departure. I really wish some random assistant or makeup artist or anyone who's been around since the beginning would write a tell all.

The more I see any Twitter hate/annoyance leveled at EBR for this decision, the more I feel like an Old and the less upset I am that there won't be a final ten episodes of Olicity. I'll low-key hold out hope for a “surprise” appearance in the finale until it really doesn't happen but I'm too tired to get angry at a young(ish) actress for being opportunistic. Yes, this show is basically her entire career, but at the same time it's been her entire career, the writing has almost always been a disservice, and the fans, especially the vocal ones, are a mixed bag to be honest. Girl has put in her time. Let her move on in peace. If anything, rant at the production office for being so in shambles that everything is coming out in an incoherent, piecemeal mess.

Edited by somewhereelse
  • Love 18
(edited)

I find it difficult to believe - it would just be so stupid! - to kill off Oliver, Felicity and/or Diggle (AU doppelgangers would not be the same). It's not like ratings for the other Arrowverse shows are that great now (not even Flash) and I'm skeptical about how well Batwoman will do, although I wish it well.  It would make no sense to alienate Arrow fans.

I would think they'd want to leave themselves the option of bringing back Olicity or OTA for guest spots on future crossovers to bump ratings.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

FWIW - given @lemotomato's post above and this website source, I am skeptical about this news article...

David Ramsey Reportedly Leaving The Arrowverse This Season Or Next
By Christian Bone   March 31, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/david-ramsey-leaving-arrowverse-season/

It’s possible that more cast members will be vacating Arrow soon as well, and possibly even before the show is up. That’s because We Got This Covered has heard from our source that David Ramsey may be on his way out of the Arrowverse. We can’t narrow it down to this season or the next, but we’ve been told that the actor will be putting The CW’s shared universe behind him.

Now, you might think that this isn’t news. After all, if Arrow‘s ending, then of course he’s leaving the Arrowverse. However, our source says that many of the Arrow stars will stick around, albeit on other series. For Ramsey, however, this won’t be the case and once he departs, he’ll be done with Diggle forever.
Again, we don’t know whether his exit will come this season or next, but Arrow fans will no doubt be hoping for the latter option so that we might finally see him suit up as Green Lantern in “Crisis On Infinite Earths.” Fingers crossed, eh?

Edited by tv echo
25 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Posted yesterday (if anyone cares)...

Says Starling City, not Star City. More FBs?

15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Don't know what this means (and don't care)...

Why am I picturing them basically piecing together a cast for the final season based on the number of episodes they're available for? "You can come in for an episode? Great! You can only do X episodes? Okay, we'll make it work." (And never admitting that people planned on S7 being the last.) 

• LOL 2
18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Says Starling City, not Star City. More FBs?

Why am I picturing them basically piecing together a cast for the final season based on the number of episodes they're available for? "You can come in for an episode? Great! You can only do X episodes? Okay, we'll make it work." (And never admitting that people planned on S7 being the last.) 

Hehe that's so Arrow though. 

I can picture 810 ending with Oliver, Diggle and Curtis with a hallucination of Tommy thrown (if CD is available) and possibly the body double for EBR. But they'll clobber it together (while launching Arrow Legacies on the side) and claim that it'll be a game changing love letter to the fans. 

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

What's funny is if KC exits in episode 18, nobody will make a fuss because all anyone cares about at the moment is Emily leaving the show on her own accord.

KC (to agent, after reading about EBR's exit): "Get me back on Arrow next season and make sure I'm second in the credits again."

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Seriously, though, there will now be a big gaping hole for the female lead spot. They could increase Dinah's role (although she already gets a lot of screen time) or they could bring in new or returning female characters in guest spots. Or maybe Emiko is the S8 Big Bad.

Edited by tv echo
50 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

What's funny is if KC exits in episode 18, nobody will make a fuss because all anyone cares about at the moment is Emily leaving the show on her own accord.

I didn't really care before but now I'm hoping that 718 actually is KC's final episode, just because the comment section of every article about EBR's departure is filled with comic fanboys complaining about Felicity and predicting the rise of Laurel. 

I'm still so curious about the timeline of when things were decided! On jbuffyangel's podcast, they mentioned that SA confirmed on FB back in September that he'd be back for S8 -- which I'd completely forgotten about. So either that messes up the theory that he was done after S7 and was recently convinced to come back for 10 episodes, or he flat-out lied?

After talking to my son we both decided we were out at the end of season 7.  I can't watch without Felicity and he wanted OTA for the last stretch.  

I will keep my eyes open in case she comes back but without Felicity or OTA we have no interest.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

After all, if Arrow‘s ending, then of course he’s leaving the Arrowverse. However, our source says that many of the Arrow stars will stick around, albeit on other series. For Ramsey, however, this won’t be the case and once he departs, he’ll be done with Diggle forever.

I think the point, rather poorly made is that once Arrow ends DR is done with the Arrowverse (at least for now, always possible he'll take a Guest Star Gig).  Wheras JH and RG are trying to get series regular jobs on Flash, LoT, Supergirl, Batwoman etc

8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I didn't really care before but now I'm hoping that 718 actually is KC's final episode, just because the comment section of every article about EBR's departure is filled with comic fanboys complaining about Felicity and predicting the rise of Laurel. 

I'm still so curious about the timeline of when things were decided! On jbuffyangel's podcast, they mentioned that SA confirmed on FB back in September that he'd be back for S8 -- which I'd completely forgotten about. So either that messes up the theory that he was done after S7 and was recently convinced to come back for 10 episodes, or he flat-out lied?

He could’ve agreed to come back in a reduced capacity. They wrote a way for him to disappear for the most part in the present, and have already indicated he’d be disappearing at some point soon in the near future and for at least the next 20 years.

I’m honestly surprised by all the spec about the timing of this. Beth wrote an exit storyline for both Oliver and Felicity. There’s no way they didn’t know this was coming - and have probably known for a really long time! The only debate seems to be whether they would try to continue the show once Stephen left, and they ultimately decided not to. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think there were multiple negotiations with SA. SA says he is done at the end of S7. GB wants his big crossover in S8. They sign SA in a limited capacity during the summer. DR said SA was still negotiating in December, so maybe they approached him about upping his S8 contract and maybe he did or didn't do that. Recently they took a look at Arrow and decided to end it after 10. 

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He could’ve agreed to come back in a reduced capacity. They wrote a way for him to disappear for the most part in the present, and have already indicated he’d be disappearing at some point soon in the near future and for at least the next 20 years.

I’m honestly surprised by all the spec about the timing of this. Beth wrote an exit storyline for both Oliver and Felicity. There’s no way they didn’t know this was coming - and have probably known for a really long time! The only debate seems to be whether they would try to continue the show once Stephen left, and they ultimately decided not to. 

All this.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think it goes.

S6 SA tells Berlanti, I'm done when my contract is up at the end of S7.  I don't know if SA even specified when he told Berlanti.  Maybe he told Berlanti that he was done in March/April, when they were writing the finale and pitching S7?

Berlanti/WB spend time trying to plan for eventual SA/Oliver exit and trying to convince him to stick around.  Maybe hoping that if he like Beth's plan for S7 and they offered him enough money he'd extend his contract.  Sometime in September Berlanti convinced SA to give them some time in S8, to write him out and do COIE

SA goes into negotiations in December-February for just how many episodes he will do.  I'm guessing the 10 episode final season is based (in part or in whole) on SA's contract

• Love 4