Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

More power to you of you enjoy that kind of stuff though. I don't hence expressing my fears/dislike 😊

7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm not going to sit here and sift through every comment so you can hold me to a technicality over every complaint I have about the show. 

It has nothing to do with liking/disliking or going through technicalities over every single complaint. I'm just saying I disagree with the fear that Emiko = losing Olicity scenes (and if you meant cutting time for other scenes, then fine, I understand that complaint, but "lose Olicity scenes" was pretty broad). It's just that there were fears that Olicity wouldn't get any good scenes after 708, which were proven wrong in literally the next episode. There were fears that Olicity wouldn't get scenes after 710-712, nevermind they're pregnant now, got to be parents in 713, and expectant parents in 715, and even got a birth scene in 716. I'm just saying it might be overreaction.

If the scenes in 709 and 713-716 weren't good in your opinion, then fine it's a difference of opinion, but I'll just express my own theories too, though.

@way2interested I personally feel like the Olicity scenes we get are better than nothing but they could be so much better. 

Of course I love Olicity so I'm going to make the best of what we do get but it's really nowhere near what I would want as a fan of the show for several seasons now. 

Hence there is a lot of bitter on my part over what I deem to be "time wasters" on this show. 

I could sit here and list out every disappointment I have with the birth and pregnancy announcement but beggars cannot be choosers. At least we got something.

But yes I will bitch about the future and set my expectations low 😂

• Love 4

Wasn't there an ep earlier this season with a description that mentioned something for Curtis that was in a later episode? Maybe about going undercover for ARGUS?

I wonder if that's going to be the case for the Felicity choosing between the team/Laurel part (of the 717 description) with 718. 

I don’t remember that, just some vague Curtis could return at a later date comment in one (more than one?) exit interview.

I’ve been thinking, who on Earth is going to be the final season villain? Emiko would actually worked really well as the Big Bad for the final chapter. Provided she was played by a better actress, of course. This season could have shown her grudgingly accepting Oliver after distrusting him because of Robert and then events happen when she feels betrayed by Oliver himself, so she turns on him. Like, NTA bullshit from last year, only sensical.

Oliver going against a sibling is (or should be) a huge deal. How do you top that? Thea would feel like a retread. Anything else would be a let down. Unless they magically managed to make things work with CD’s schedule and come back to their original plan of pitting Tommy against Oliver. Here’s a horrifying thought - Malcolm for the millionth time. I don’t think someone in the vein of Dhark, Ras, 3D or even Prometheus would work for the end, the Big Bad should hit closer to home.

Hell, given that it seems Robert’s character is being torn down by the minute, maybe he magically faked his death or the League found him and tossed him into the Pit, maybe it’s been him behind everything all along.

43 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wasn't there an ep earlier this season with a description that mentioned something for Curtis that was in a later episode? Maybe about going undercover for ARGUS?

I wonder if that's going to be the case for the Felicity choosing between the team/Laurel part (of the 717 description) with 718.

Yeah, 703 said Curtis goes undercover for Argus (when really Diggle and Lyla did) and then 705 also said Curtis goes undercover for Argus (and he actually did), so yeah maybe it'll be something like that for BS in 718. The weird thing was that 717's press release also said "Always looking to protect his sister, Oliver (Stephen Amell) invites Laurel to help investigate, which makes Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) happy as her friend is now working with the team." and that didn't happen, nor does it look like it will happen in 718 either, so that was completely made up. 

Edited by way2interested
13 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The weird thing was that 717's press release also said "Always looking to protect his sister, Oliver (Stephen Amell) invites Laurel to help investigate, which makes Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) happy as her friend is now working with the team." and that didn't happen, nor does it look like it will happen in 718 either, so that was completely made up. 

Yeah, that and "LAUREL TEAMS UP WITH OLIVER" at the beginning made no sense. They shared one scene together. The press release made it sound like Laurel would be part of the Emiko story, while she just brought her suspicions to Oliver — while really looking for Felicity — and then had her own thing. And I don't see how that could be part of 718 either, unless they're going to have Laurel being "evil" be part of an attempt to stop Emiko, but I don't see how that would make sense? 

So I haven't actually watched 717 yet (should I even bother??) but the 718 promo is so obvious with the "BS's redemption didn't work OH NO she's bad again!" that I'm pretty sure it's not what it seems, or at least won't end the way it looks. I'll be surprised if they send her off evil again. I feel like she'll either admit she needs to pay for her actions as BS and finally suffer consequences (maybe even be sent to the meta-human prison on Flash?) or she'll just go back to E2 after actually helping the team in some way. 

Either way, these writers and their idea of a well-written redemption arc is laughable. They are so bad at this. 🙄

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So I haven't actually watched 717 yet (should I even bother??) but the 718 promo is so obvious with the "BS's redemption didn't work OH NO she's bad again!" that I'm pretty sure it's not what it seems, or at least won't end the way it looks. I'll be surprised if they send her off evil again. I feel like she'll either admit she needs to pay for her actions as BS and finally suffer consequences (maybe even be sent to the meta-human prison on Flash?) or she'll just go back to E2 after actually helping the team in some way. 

Either way, these writers and their idea of a well-written redemption arc is laughable. They are so bad at this. 🙄

Depends if you want to see bad acting.

Good fights, bad acting, a nice Quiggle scene, OTA talk in the same room, EBR is pretty. 

That's my summary of it. You can get all the info from the posts in thread. 

I don't think there are any scenes worth watching that you need to interpret yourself. 

I don't think they'll leave BS bad. They'll wrap some kind of quick now on it and say farewell to her.

I did enjoy her weird friendship with Felicity so if she's not evil and goes off I hope they do it justice with a goodbye or something. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The Writers do know how to write a well-written redemption arc, they just don't care to with LL/BS.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The Writers do know how to write a well-written redemption arc, they just don't care to with LL/BS.

You’re probably right. Though to be honest I’m completely blanking on any well-written redemption arc they’ve done and I mean that seriously. I can’t think of one at all. 

• Love 1

I thought they did good on Bronze Tiger and really good (for only 1 episode) on Deadshot.  I don't really consider Cupid redeemed but, she's fun 😀

Just thought of one more that most people really liked, Helena seemed to be redeemed or on her way to redemption by the end of BoP

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

718's title of "Lost Canary," when the promo seems solely focused on E2 Laurel/Black Siren (who has never been known by a Canary name), supports the belief that E2 Laurel will end up fully redeemed and that she'll change her moniker to some variation of Canary. I wouldn't be surprised if someone - like, say, Sara - will say something to E2 Laurel like, she was always meant to be a Canary but somehow things went wrong on Earth-2 for her, so that's why E2 Laurel is the "lost" Canary...

Also, I don't know if this tweet is the original source of this b-t-s pic, but it appears to have been taken during 721 shooting...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Not really spoilery, except in the negative sense (that no Mia spinoff is in the works, as far as KM knows)...

Katherine McNamara Dishes On The Bittersweet 'Shadowhunters' Series Finale And If An 'Arrow' Spin-Off Is In Her Future
By Areeba Abid on March 25, 2019
http://www.zimbio.com/Zimbio+Exclusive+Interviews/articles/K7wOSGUFRZk/Katherine+McNamara+Dishes+Bittersweet+Shadowhunters

You are also playing Mia Smoak on Arrow now. What is it like to transition from playing a character like Clary to Mia?
KM:
It's a massive dream... Clary was such a wonderful character to play for so long and to have a character like Mia, who is another kick-ass female in a different sense, is amazing. Where Clary is positive, hopeful, compassionate, and a spark of light in darkness, Mia has grown up in a very messed-up situation and has been hardened by a dark world… For me, to take on this opposite side in a similar genre has been a lot of fun creatively. As an actor, it's about using a different set of muscles... but I also understand the responsibility of playing Mia thanks the Clace and Malec ships on Shadowhunters. I’ve been through the zeitgeist of Twitter and understand how much Arrow fans love Olicity and how beloved that relationship is. So, after finding out that I was going to be the product of this relationship, I understood the responsibility it came with. I've worked really hard to do it justice and hopefully it's paying off.

In the future, could Mia Smoak carry on Oliver's legacy after Arrow ends, and would you be interested in having your own spin-off?
KM:
I would be a 100% interested... but I really know nothing at this point about what could happen. If given the opportunity, I would jump at the chance. You know, I’ve had nothing but a wonderful time working in this universe and with all of these incredible people who created my character. It would be an honor to carry it forward.

Edited by tv echo

Being Mia Smoak and Saying Goodbye to Clary Fray: A Conversation with Katherine McNamara
The Fan Carpet   March 27, 2019
http://thefancarpet.com/interview/being-mia-smoak-and-saying-goodbye-to-clary-a-conversation-with-katherine-mcnamara/

Yeah absolutely and you’ve been a great addition to the cast, you really have, which brings me to my next question. With Arrow sadly ending next year after a ten episode run, I read a report that they’re very impressed with you and looking to do a Black Star series with you at the centre, is that something that would appeal to you?
I would absolutely love that. No one has spoken to me about it as of yet, but I love the idea of that and I would absolutely be open to it, I love this character and the other folks I’ve been working with on this show have been just lovely, and it’s really amazing to be in this kind of generation of kick ass woman in film and television, you know, growing up as a kid Mulan and Pocahontas where my favourite Disney princesses simply because they where the ones that fought their own battles and fought back for themselves and didn’t wait for the prince to rescue them, and being able to play a character like that and to have it become something that people really respond to is wonderful, I had that with Shadowhunters as well and to be able to continue that now with Arrow it’s great.

Edited by tv echo

Now I'm even more convinced that that TV Line blind item from a few months ago was about SA: https://tvline.com/2019/03/28/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-nobel-prize-season-12-spoilers/ 

Question: A while back you had a Blind Item about a original series regular exiting a show this season. Can we get any clues about that? Perhaps the exact network? Or have things changed about it? —Liz
Ausiello: Three months after I hit publish on that particularly Blind Item the circumstances surrounding [Sp*oiler]’s departure changed dramatically. Basically, [Sp*oiler] is now leaving next season. The catch? The show’s going bye-bye with him.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 4

Yeah, given how they've set up the future/storyline past Mia's birth, it seems to be about him. I wonder if he would've come on to guest star on Crisis to be killed off/go missing, or if they were just going to have him missing and that's that? I'm guessing the plans have since changed (and am hoping for a happy/happier ending now), but I'd love to know what the original plans were. 

ETA: It's weird that he didn't outright say it was Steve because that news is already out. It'll be interesting to see if it winds up being about someone else.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

I don't know if Stephen saying he was committed to season 8 means anything. I guess we'd have to know what he committed to before they decided to end the show - he could've left at the end of this season and negotiated a couple of appearances next season and the BI would still work. They've definitely written the story like they weren't planning on him being around that much, and we'd have to know if the decision to end the show after 10 episodes had something to do with how much Stephen was willing to return (provided he's even in all 10 episodes), or if it was because of how they've decided to end the show (hopefully somewhat happy after he survives Crisis and changes the future!). 

I guess we'll know soon enough if another show's ending is announced, or if Ausiello confirms one way or another.

• Love 2

After reading the 718 press release, I'll be shocked if Laurel's actually evil by the end of the episode mainly because that would mean that it's actually accurate, which past episode press releases have not been, especially this season.

I really want Laurel to say something about Felicity's pregnancy in front of Dinah just so we see Dinah "I'm such a good cop I'm now police captain" Drake completely miss it. Like, say, "I may be evil, but I won't hurt a pregnant woman." Or for Felicity to tell Dinah and Sara that she has to hang back, hand over her stomach like she was in front of Rene, and Sara to pick it up and Dinah to be busy posing. 

Also, Oliver's not even mentioned. Maybe he and Diggle are looking for Emiko during this and he's not even bothering with Laurel. Which would make me laugh, especially after the 717 description. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, Oliver's not even mentioned. Maybe he and Diggle are looking for Emiko during this and he's not even bothering with Laurel. Which would make me laugh, especially after the 717 description

IIRC, SA was in LA for most of the filming of 718. So it might be another episode like 716 or 619 when Oliver is just in one scene.

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

IIRC, SA was in LA for most of the filming of 718. So it might be another episode like 716 or 619 when Oliver is just in one scene.

Yeah, and EBR might be in it way more than originally thought, being part of the a-plot, in the field, and likely in the d-plot FF, which I'm wondering where those are going now, since in 7b they seem to be trying to tie the stories more thematically now (712 with the whole legacy aspect, 713 with family, 714 with brothers and sisters, 715 with 2 opposite sides ultimately coming together to succeed, etc.).

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

If this turns out to be KC's farewell and Oliver isn't even involved in her departure...can you imagine, lol?  

I'm already giggling over BS going on a crime spree being right in the description (faulty though those have been) making a certain crowd's beloved belief that she's merely undercover to catch Emiko definitely not happening.  It's the little things to savor.  

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, and EBR might be in it way more than originally thought, being part of the a-plot, in the field, and likely in the d-plot FF,

I'm kind of surprised there. Didn't think SA, EBR or DR would be in this much at all.

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If this turns out to be KC's farewell and Oliver isn't even involved in her departure...can you imagine, lol?  

I'm already giggling over BS going on a crime spree being right in the description (faulty though those have been) making a certain crowd's beloved belief that she's merely undercover to catch Emiko definitely not happening.  It's the little things to savor.  

Could like Msec where at the beginning of the ep he says he's going to look for his garbage sister. Then at the end he'll come back saying he didn't find garbage sister while the other one has gone off and been farewelled by the birds plus Felicity.

I am in a weird universe where I want a scene to resolve the Felicity/BS friendship. Bizarre I know! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oliver’s at home, cooking for Felicity. “It’s a celebratory dinner since Laurel’s gone. I mean, here, let me cheer you up after your friend went all evil with food. I’m so sorry she’s gone (back to E2/in prison/however it ends)? I think?”

• LOL 4
39 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm kind of surprised there. Didn't think SA, EBR or DR would be in this much at all.

Same, but Felicity seems super involved in the episode (not necessarily convinced that she'll be as involved in the FF as much as 716, but still more likely in a few scenes in them than not) while Diggle and Oliver seem to be in their own separate b-plot given the promo, unless they happen to be taking down BS's friend in that shot.

• Love 1

From March 23, 2019... 

Interview Katherine McNamara | Heroes Dutch Comic Con 2019
Published on Mar 27, 2019, by Entertainmenthoek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFMFy7Tr9g

-- On whether she's returning next season, KM: "I don't know about next season. I am in most of the rest of this season. Um, and it's really neat. You get to see a lot more of her back story. You saw it in episode 16 when we had the full flashforward, but you get to see, now that she's re-established with her family or is getting more so, you see the facade crack a little bit and you see a bit of her softer side. You see bits of - of who she actually is and her vulnerabilities coming through, which is a really nice facet to a character that's been so hard-ass for the first bit."

Edited by tv echo

I’m not convinced that’s for Arrow. Someone posted a photo of his Chicago Med trailer and it looks like that.

That being said, what if the Ninth Circle went after Thea and is responsible for dipping Roy? And maybe brings Tommy back?

I'm not saying he isn't going to be in an episode, but his beard looks the same in that pic as it does in this one where he's definitely filming for Chicago Med:

So do I think it means they aged him up and he's going to be in flash forwards? No. 

I’d be shocked if we see Tommy in a FF. That being said, if we do, please let them just add a bit more grey to his beard and maybe a wrinkle or two. Just so we can continue to look at Dinah, Rene and Roy’s aged up makeup and wonder what the thought process behind theirs was. 

• Love 2

Maybe not a flashforward then. Maybe we'll get the Roy-Thea-Nyssa flashback story as to what happened to split them up. Perhaps Tommy appears in a Lazarus Pit vision to Thea as her other brother. Or maybe CD was just visiting Vancouver for the weekend. Who knows!

Edited by tv echo
46 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Or maybe CD was just visiting Vancouver for the weekend.

This seems unlikely since his convention schedule changed due to a production schedule. (Can’t find the tweet at the moment.) 

I think we’ll get a quick scene with Tommy, however he’s around. Maybe it’ll be a FB? Maybe we’ll find out Emiko was following her brother around and we see her watching Oliver and Tommy at Verdant or something? Maybe FBs revealing how she’s leader of the Ninth Circle instead of Dante?

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think we’ll get a quick scene with Tommy, however he’s around. Maybe it’ll be a FB? Maybe we’ll find out Emiko was following her brother around and we see her watching Oliver and Tommy at Verdant or something? Maybe FBs revealing how she’s leader of the Ninth Circle instead of Dante?

If it's anything, it can't be a flashback since CD has his beard

• Useful 1