Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

LOT love taking Arrows and Flash's left overs though. So I say sending them BS would be welcomed. 

14 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Welcomed by Arrow fans maybe. 😉

But seriously, KC moving to Legends has been coming up/being speculated for years now, but Legends has shown very little interest in having her on the show at all.  Even that year she supposedly had a “multi-series” contract, she only had a small one-scene appearance in the season finale.  I don’t see it happening.  But I suppose I’ve been unpleasantly shocked where KC is concerned, so I won’t say it’s impossible.  I’ll just say I think it’s very unlikely, and is mostly wishful thinking either by Arrow fans that want her off the show, or Laurel/KC fans wanting her to have a larger role/more relevance.  

I agree if LOT was going to take her they would have done so by now. Here's a thought, let's send her over to Batwoman. If not BS then DD...please at least one of them. 🥺

Lost Canaries can be the episode to transition whoever over to the new show. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

But I suppose I’ve been unpleasantly shocked where KC is concerned, so I won’t say it’s impossible.  I’ll just say I think it’s very unlikely, and is mostly wishful thinking either by Arrow fans that want her off the show, or Laurel/KC fans wanting her to have a larger role/more relevance.  

I suppose there's always Sara inviting her onboard after the big BOP but as I said. No Thanks. LOT doesn't need those fandom wars (which make no mistake would happen) and even if they drop characters this season as @Sakura12 said, they actually have a ton more regulars and supportings that are their own or only barely connected to the rest. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

Black Siren isn't going to LOT because Katie Cassidy doesn't want to leave Arrow.  If she did then maybe we'd have seen more of that multi-show contract from awhile back but we didn't.  LOT, Flash, and Supergirl don't seem interested in having any version of Laurel join their casts either so there's no conflict and she gets to stay where she prefers.  If Cassidy were to leave Arrow again before the series finale then I think she'd just leave the Arrowverse altogether rather than switch to a different show. 

I was thinking about Sara's appearance in the Canary episode and I'm wondering if it will be like the season finale where we all assumed all sorts of grand story ideas (helping out Oliver vs Diaz, kicking Siren's ass for impersonating Laurel, yelling at Oliver for not putting Quentin in therapy after his break from reality, saying goodbye to Quentin before he died, etc) and then all we got were a few minutes of Sara: not kicking Siren's ass, looking at Quentin's corpse, and being comforted by Felicity as Oliver was arrested.  I'd love for her to have a longer part of the episode, congratulating Felicity and Oliver on the pregnancy, helping out against the bad guy, punching Siren for impersonating Laurel, or even have a scene in the future with Mia and William that includes a promise to return to the present to deliver a warning to Oliver and Felicity in an effort to prevent the hellscape (no way is that future a fixed point in time so she wouldn't be breaking any time rules).  Instead she'll probably show up, having been called by Siren (instead of her actual friend Felicity) to help out against whatever bad guy, reveal that she's caught Quentin's insanity and seeing Siren as her sister, bucks up Dinah (bonus if there's a line about Dinah being a better fighter or, even worse, another "light inside you that I never had" crock of shit), and then doesn't actually help despite being able to single handedly take down whatever bad guy they'll be fighting.  I think the point will be for Dinah to get her groove back and to drive home that Black Siren Has A Soul Now and who better than the best Canary?

I hope I'm wrong.  Should make for a fun live thread though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm with @scarynikki12. I would say Sara is there for 2 reasons. 1) To finish off the BS "redemption" arc and give her approval of BS stealing E1 Laurel's life and 2) to give her approval of Dinah taking over the BC mantle, along with some nauseating unearned speech about her being the one true BC. 🙄

That's my guess anyway.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Black Siren isn't going to LOT because Katie Cassidy doesn't want to leave Arrow.  If she did then maybe we'd have seen more of that multi-show contract from awhile back but we didn't.  LOT, Flash, and Supergirl don't seem interested in having any version of Laurel join their casts either so there's no conflict and she gets to stay where she prefers.  If Cassidy were to leave Arrow again before the series finale then I think she'd just leave the Arrowverse altogether rather than switch to a different show. 

I was thinking about Sara's appearance in the Canary episode and I'm wondering if it will be like the season finale where we all assumed all sorts of grand story ideas (helping out Oliver vs Diaz, kicking Siren's ass for impersonating Laurel, yelling at Oliver for not putting Quentin in therapy after his break from reality, saying goodbye to Quentin before he died, etc) and then all we got were a few minutes of Sara: not kicking Siren's ass, looking at Quentin's corpse, and being comforted by Felicity as Oliver was arrested.  I'd love for her to have a longer part of the episode, congratulating Felicity and Oliver on the pregnancy, helping out against the bad guy, punching Siren for impersonating Laurel, or even have a scene in the future with Mia and William that includes a promise to return to the present to deliver a warning to Oliver and Felicity in an effort to prevent the hellscape (no way is that future a fixed point in time so she wouldn't be breaking any time rules).  Instead she'll probably show up, having been called by Siren (instead of her actual friend Felicity) to help out against whatever bad guy, reveal that she's caught Quentin's insanity and seeing Siren as her sister, bucks up Dinah (bonus if there's a line about Dinah being a better fighter or, even worse, another "light inside you that I never had" crock of shit), and then doesn't actually help despite being able to single handedly take down whatever bad guy they'll be fighting.  I think the point will be for Dinah to get her groove back and to drive home that Black Siren Has A Soul Now and who better than the best Canary?

I hope I'm wrong.  Should make for a fun live thread though.

I don’t know if I should give you a Sad or Laugh reaction for this one. 😂

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm with @scarynikki12. I would say Sara is there for 2 reasons. 1) To finish off the BS "redemption" arc and give her approval of BS stealing E1 Laurel's life and 2) to give her approval of Dinah taking over the BC mantle, along with some nauseating unearned speech about her being the one true BC. 

I agree with you. It just makes me wish there was a Puke reaction. LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Didnt Sara basically give her approval of Dinah in the book? I'd be surprised if they brought it up in this episode, especially since the two already worked together (even though they never shared a scene)  during the Earth X invasion.

Will be interested to see how they handle Laurel/Sara, if they've maintained any kind of contact since Quentins death and just what gets Laurel to suit up again (if she isnt back to being a villain) since she's been comfortable being a bts.

59 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm with @scarynikki12. I would say Sara is there for 2 reasons. 1) To finish off the BS "redemption" arc and give her approval of BS stealing E1 Laurel's life and 2) to give her approval of Dinah taking over the BC mantle, along with some nauseating unearned speech about her being the one true BC. 🙄

That's my guess anyway.

You all are probably right. 🤦🏻‍♀️  I’m just going to float along here on the river of denial and go with “if I don’t watch it, it didn’t happen.”  😂

• Love 1

I do seriously wonder what's so special about Dinah and why these writers insist on shoving her down our throats that we must like her. Does JH have blackmail material on them? Just makes no sense. Seriously newer characters in the other Arrowverse shows dont annoy me like they do in Arrow. Hate Dinah. I have had more hate than love for Rene, Hate Diaz, hate what writers do trying to get me to like BS. Where on LOT, Supergirl and Flash I like the newer characters.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

That's my guess anyway.

Yep. And I could totally see Laurel returning to her evil ways (hence the Siren outfit) at the end of 717/beginning of 718, only for her to be declared totally redeemed, with Sara’s approval to keep living her dead sister’s life by the end of the episode. 

Mainly because they could write a redemption arc for Laurel that makes sense but they don’t seem to care to do so. 

Maybe Sara will even inspire Dinah to create the Canary Network in the future. Dinah may or may not give Sara any credit if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Will be interested to see how they handle Laurel/Sara, if they've maintained any kind of contact since Quentins death and just what gets Laurel to suit up again (if she isnt back to being a villain) since she's been comfortable being a bts.

I can accept that Sara saw that Quentin thought of E2LL as a daughter and that she was mourning his death; and also that Felicity sees her as an ally and maybe even a friend. But BS isn't Sara's sister and there's no reason for them to have maintained contact especially if Sara isn't in contact with her real friends Oliver and Felicity.

Still BS should suit up for a true plethora of canaries present and future. Too bad Sara won't be in the future scenes.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can accept that Sara saw that Quentin thought of E2LL as a daughter and that she was mourning his death; and also that Felicity sees her as an ally and maybe even a friend. But BS isn't Sara's sister and there's no reason for them to have maintained contact especially if Sara isn't in contact with her real friends Oliver and Felicity.

Still BS should suit up for a true plethora of canaries present and future. Too bad Sara won't be in the future scenes.

It would be totally reasonable if Sara wanted to try to get to know this Laurel, and we dont know if she is in contact with Olicity since it only comes up that they can contact each other during the annual crossovers.

35 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It's funny/sad that Sara was named Canary because of the LOA and her love of the canary she had at some point. Now errybody in the club can take the name at will. Ra's sucked but at least he ran a sorta tight ship. 

Don't forget Ra's gave Olicity a room and lots of mood lighting. The man rocked in some ways!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I better see a Mother/Daughter reunion by the end of the episode then Stephen. Also Mia kicking ass of anyone that did her mother harm or intends to lol. Also it really sucks that apparently Oliver and Felicity have strained relationships with their kids but Rene and Zoe get to be ok. Gotta pour misery on Olicity and kids while Newbies get better lives Fucking BS

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I don’t know if I should give you a Sad or Laugh reaction for this one. 😂

Just a depressed one from me because that's exactly how it will go down. 

I think they use JH a lot because she's cheap, "enthusiastic" about the show, they needed another insta!BC and she kisses ass a lot. I don't think there are very many in the fandom that are her character's fans specifically but as long as she's attractive and kicks ass I guess there are a lot of viewers who don't care either way. Having both her and KC on the show is redundant but I kind of think they'll be the ones still clinging on even when they've switched the lights off. 

Agree with you @Featherhat

However I do think that even though Dinah being all over the show like a meningococcal rash does not affecting the ratings negatively, her lack of popularity and of anyone giving a f$ck about her must be weighing on tptb hence JH being incredibly salty and passive aggressive and all those meta references in show about Dinah.

They really want fetch to happen I think. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

It would be totally reasonable if Sara wanted to try to get to know this Laurel, and we dont know if she is in contact with Olicity since it only comes up that they can contact each other during the annual crossovers.

Why exactly? Black Siren is not her sister. They barely know one another, have no relationship, why is Sara obligated to get to know her or vice versa? Black Siren is a seperate individual from the Laurel that was Sara's sister, despite the fact that BS is committing identity theft.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Why exactly? Black Siren is not her sister. They barely know one another, have no relationship, why is Sara obligated to get to know her or vice versa? Black Siren is a seperate individual from the Laurel that was Sara's sister, despite the fact that BS is committing identity theft.  

Never said she was obligated but her father cared for Siren and Siren cared for him even if the writing wasnt the best. Her wanting to see who this woman is who was with her when her father died is enough to spark a friendship if they wanted to and see how she differs/relates to E1 Laurel. 

• Love 1

I'd actually resent BS if I were Sara.

My father goes off the deep end for some chick, totally forgetting my sister who died. I'd be resenting that chick.

Haha to me it reads a bit like when some dude goes gaga over the new wife and forgets his old family. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'd actually resent BS if I were Sara.

My father goes off the deep end for some chick, totally forgetting my sister who died. I'd be resenting that chick.

Haha to me it reads a bit like when some dude goes gaga over the new wife and forgets his old family. 

Sara was the one that told encouraged him. 

20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don’t think it was on the show.  I think it was in one of the between-season tie-in novels.

Hehe I only read the extract where Oliver thought Felicity was stunning and something about Olicity being once in a lifetime. 

That and the bit where he tells Sara to say hi to Ray. That tickled me that Oliver cared enough about Ray to say hi. My head canon dictates they would have made a hilarious odd couple if they weren't after the same girl.  😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hehe I only read the extract where Oliver thought Felicity was stunning and something about Olicity being once in a lifetime. 

That and the bit where he tells Sara to say hi to Ray. That tickled me that Oliver cared enough about Ray to say hi. My head canon dictates they would have made a hilarious odd couple if they weren't after the same girl.  😁

For that one sweet episode back in S3 they did. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bijoux said:

For that one sweet episode back in S3 they did. 

They should have had them work more together! BR and SA had good chemistry! Way better than his non Olicity love interests!

Come to think of it SA has pretty decent chemistry with a lot of dudes. GG, BR, JS. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Didnt Sara basically give her approval of Dinah in the book? I'd be surprised if they brought it up in this episode, especially since the two already worked together (even though they never shared a scene)  during the Earth X invasion.

Oh well if it happened in the book I'm even more convinced it's happening in 718. They often use things from the book tie-ins and retcon themselves. And IMO they're really trying to push Dinah as the one true BC so I could definitely see Sara giving her approval.

It'll probably be something really eye-roll worthy where Dinah is feeling lost without her cry and Sara will say she doesn't need the cry to be BC and she embodies what E1 Laurel would've wanted and then magic happens and she finds her cry anyway. I'm taking bets! 😂

• LOL 2
On 2/22/2019 at 11:33 PM, Mary0360 said:

I can reasonably see where Sara in missing her sister, that she might be curious about the copy that has shown up.  I can't see Sara ever mixing them up, but since BS is currently "reformed" she might reach out.  I don't see them having any kind of current relationship though.  For one, BS pretty much got her dad killed.  That's would take some time to process and set aside I would think.  

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

That's the guy who """"killed""" Felicity, so yeah I would guess so.

I’d say had her “killed,” but yeah. I didn’t pay much attention since Rene was onscreen but he seemed like the kind of guy William could take down ... as a teenager. 

But maybe he’ll surprise me and have some sort of fighting training.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I’d say had her “killed,” but yeah. I didn’t pay much attention since Rene was onscreen but he seemed like the kind of guy William could take down ... as a teenager. 

But maybe he’ll surprise me and have some sort of fighting training.

He does look like someone Mia should handle with ease. Maybe he surprises us. I'm hoping Mia fights him in front of Mama Felicity and she proceeds to kick the shit out of him 

• Love 1

It's possible that we still may not know for sure if Felicity is alive or dead in the flashforwards in 716 because EBR could've shot only flashback scenes to Mia's childhood in that episode.

-- KM: "In a few episodes, there will be an all-future episode [716] where we really get to see a lot of Mia’s childhood and a lot of moments that really shaped her into who she became and why those qualities are the way they are, including her last name...." (Feb. 11, 2019 ETonline article, page 9 of Spoilers thread and page 95 of Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread)

So we still might not see Felicity in old age makeup in present day Star City 2040.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

It's possible that we still may not know for sure if Felicity is alive or dead in the flashforwards in 716 because EBR could've shot only flashback scenes to Mia's childhood in that episode.

EBR was specifically on-set with CH, KM, BL, and AS though, so I don't think it's a flashback. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

EBR was specifically on-set with CH, KM, BL, and AS though, so I don't think it's a flashback. 

I do expect EBR in some flashbacks but also at some point during the episode in the furthest future timeline.  Maybe the episode will use the island flashbacks as a template so EBR is running concurrent.  

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I do expect EBR in some flashbacks but also at some point during the episode in the furthest future timeline.  Maybe the episode will use the island flashbacks as a template so EBR is running concurrent.  

Oh, yeah, I think she'll be in flashbacks too (and maybe SA since he was in Vancouver for a day while 716 was filming but I'm not sure), but I just mean from what we've seen of EBR in 716 I think we'll definitely see Felicity alive and not only in flashbacks. 

• Love 2

Oh, yeah, I think she'll be in flashbacks too (and maybe SA since he was in Vancouver for a day while 716 was filming but I'm not sure), but I just mean from what we've seen of EBR in 716 I think we'll definitely see Felicity alive and not only in flashbacks. 

I can see a reveal at the end of 716 of Felicity alive and well as a Cliffhanger before a short hiatus 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:
My first thought was, "hey, they have enough bird emojis for every Canary in present time, but I doubt they have enough for the entire Canary Network." Then I realized the first and third ones are the same.

I'm guessing she posted from an iPhone - those are the only two bird head emojis there are.

Estimated air dates for rest of season...

7.14    Brothers & Sisters            04 Mar 2019        
7.15    Training Day                    11 Mar 2019                
7.16    Star City 2040                  18 Mar 2019?        
7.17    Inheritance                      25 Mar 2019?    
7.18    Lost Canary                     15 Apr 2019?                
7.19    TBA                                  22 Apr 2019?                
7.20    TBA                                  29 Apr 2019?                    
7.21    TBA                                  06 May 2019?                
7.22    TBA                                  13 May 2019?