Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I’ve been binging “Gilmore the Merrier” on UP. I’d enjoy it more if there were more than a handful of Scott Patterson’s inserts. When you’re binging, it’s just annoying to see them over and over.

I'm watching too. I enjoy it every year. I like the inserts but I get ya that more would be nice. 

• Love 1

I recorded to a DVD “A Deep-fried Korean Thanksgiving” from the marathon, cutting commercials, which were every seven or ten minutes.  And ended up with 39 minutes of the episode.  They must be cutting a number of lines to add commercials.  At least when they were in syndication on Freeform, they put the breaks in the right places.

I'm not sure where this goes but UPTV has the episodes all screwed up. On Tues the last episode is I Can't Get Started about Lorelai and Christopher sleeping together on the eve of Sookie's wedding. Wed kicks off with Luke and Lorelai's final breakup after she sleeps with...guess who?

• LOL 2

"Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" Makes Its Network Television Debut on The CW Network as a Four-Night Event This Thanksgiving Holiday

On the twentieth anniversary of the "Gilmore Girls" series premiere, The CW Network announced it is returning to Stars Hollow for the Thanksgiving holiday with the acquisition of GILMORE GIRLS: A YEAR IN THE LIFE airing as a four-night event beginning Monday, November 23 (8:00-10:00pm ET/PT) through Thursday, November 26 (8:00-10:00pm ET/PT). The four-part miniseries will air on The CW Network and stream for free on the ad-supported The CW app and cwtv.com for 30 days following its premiere.

• Love 3

I didn’t mind April. I hated the way they handled April…Luke not telling Lorelai right away when this weird girl came in and pulled out my hair, snapped my picture, and ran out. THEN telling her-hey remember that girl…she’s my daughter!

• Love 6

My answer would be - NO Revival. There were small things about the original series that bugged, because that's life, but the Revival just took a can of gasoline, doused everyone that we knew and loved, and lit a match. I will never get over it.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but media seemed closest. My browser popped up a little box with a reddit question - if you could change one thing about Gilmore Girls, what would it be? My answer was immediate- no April!

Holy moley, thanks for the rabbit hole. I had no idea that sub existed!

• Love 1
On 2/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, peacheslatour said:

I had no idea that sub existed!

And it's quite a sub indeed.
It's full of dislike of Alexis. Yes, Alexis, not just Rory. Weird. :(

On 2/16/2022 at 3:25 PM, Taryn74 said:

the Revival just took a can of gasoline, doused everyone that we knew and loved, and lit a match.

Yep ! Rory is irredeemable at this point. ASP hates her.
😒

12 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I would have kept Tristan/CMM. I couldn't stand Jess and don't think he ever would have been a character had CMM not left the series. I would have been much more interested in how that storyline turned out.

Tristan was perfectly set up to be a Logan at the high school level. Would have loved to see more of that. Lorelai's reaction to Rory having a Chilton BF would have been very interesting.

Can't give up Jess, though. He was too important to Stars Hollow.
Not only did he challenge Lorelai in many ways, but he was an "April" mechanism for the LL relationship in seasons 2 and 3:

1. A kid is dropped in Luke's lap.
  2. He struggles while Lorelai is convinced she knows how to handle it.
  3. Luke won't give her a chance.
  4. Breakup of the LL relationship.
  5. Christopher returns. Lorelai starts up with him and it falls apart. 

Weird. I never noticed the parallels before.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Resting and recovering. Jensen Ackles revealed his Supernatural costar Jared Padalecki was missing a New Jersey fan event because he is healing after a car accident.

‘Supernatural’ Cast: Where Are They Now?

“I miss my buddy,” Ackles, 44, told the crowd in East Brunswick as he took the stage solo at Creation Entertainment’s Supernatural Official Conventions on Sunday, April 24. “[Padalecki] sends his love. I spoke with him yesterday. He’s sad he can’t be here.”

The Walker star, 39, shared a brief apology on Thursday, April 21. “Hey #SpnFamily! Sorry to miss y’all in NYC this weekend. Thank you and the #WalkerFamily for all the love and support. Can’t wait to see y’all again. 🙏❤️,

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

image.thumb.png.f95a3fff19eaebf74118d4b7c38cba64.png

Lol, why are Lorelai and Rory holding rolls of paper towels? Is the guy with the duffel bag supposed to be Jess? I'm for this thing but the people are weird looking. Also, it appears that Lorelai, Rory, Emily and Sookie aren't wearing any pants.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

image.thumb.png.f95a3fff19eaebf74118d4b7c38cba64.png

Lol, why are Lorelai and Rory holding rolls of paper towels? Is the guy with the duffel bag supposed to be Jess? I'm for this thing but the people are weird looking. Also, it appears that Lorelai, Rory, Emily and Sookie aren't wearing any pants.

😂 I was trying to figure out what Lorelai and Rory were holding, too. But looking at it again, it's gotta be disposable coffee cups. There's even the drink hole on the lid. Lane with her humongous band hat (it's like fountains of blood squirting out of our heads!) is killing me. 😂

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

😂 I was trying to figure out what Lorelai and Rory were holding, too. But looking at it again, it's gotta be disposable coffee cups. There's even the drink hole on the lid. Lane with her humongous band hat (it's like fountains of blood squirting out of our heads!) is killing me. 😂

OMG, it does! And why is Jess dessed like Elvis?

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 12:35 PM, chitowngirl said:

That seems to be the only day they’re on…☹️

I can't get the schedule to advance past May 29 to see if they have a regular slot or not.  Hope it's not a mini-marathon before they leave the channel for good.  

ETA:  You're right; it looks like the GG are getting at least a rest on UPTV.

Edited by Miss Anne Thrope
  • Sad 1

Looks like there’s a marathon on July 4. Considering there was one on Memorial Day, can we assume that that’s what we are going to get? Marathons on major holidays? And perhaps Gilmore the Merrier over Thanksgiving weekend???

• Useful 2

I don't know about COZI. Today, I guess in honor of the 4th, instead of their usual programming, they are running a marathon of Roseanne. Nothing says America like Roseanne Barr. 🤮

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It seems the #1 comment on UpTV posts on their Facebook page is “when is Gilmore Girls coming back?” The standard reply to all of them is “unfortunately, we no longer have Gilmore Girls on our network. We're so sorry that you're missing it.” 😔 But if you look on their website under Shows, Gilmore Girls is still there….

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Useful 3

Oh no, I always loved ‘Gilmore the Merrier’ when they air every single episode during Thanksgiving week.  Yes, I realize I can just stream it all on Netflix whenever I want but it was always comforting to have it on TV in the background.

• Like 2