Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

The winner of AFP are viewers favorite having nothing to do with money.  Same for who wins, they can be rich or poor.  Game shows are not charity.  Same for Survivor.  No, Sam should not get it because she lives in a tiny camper.  Jesus. 

2 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

Yup, Grodner confirmed...

But did she say he would win the money or just that he came in first?   I don't trust anything she says or the sources (not you RAGEPAIGE) that claim she made a public statement.  That is not like her.  

2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

We won’t get to see Tyler tell JC he’s taking Kaycee? That sucks. 

LOL!  Yes is does and exactly why he wins; he is smart.  ;> 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Rob from Rob has a podcast but apparently he wasn't invited this year

He couldn't go if he had been, since he's in New York after his mother-in-law unexpectedly passed away.

It'll be interesting to see who's there and who stalks Julie instead.

15 hours ago, katifantastico said:

They are all a little too young to break out into the songs from Animaniacs aren't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUDDaEOvuY

You like the Animaniacs? I need to tell you something. Only, it's a little bit off topic.

There is a wonderful one-hour documentary about Mel Blanc. If you Google "Looney Tunes Mel Blanc" you will probably find it. If you like any kind of animation, I think you will really enjoy this.

I loved it. I new knew much about him. What a great man!

• Love 1

Thanks to all the feed watchers for a great season.  One of the best in years.  First time in a long time I didn't want to throttle both of the finalists.  (unless - gasp - JC)

You bring it all to life for those of us who can't stand to listen to it, but greatly enjoy knowing what's really going on.

I drove this road on the way to work every day for 12 years, now I will forever link it to BB20.

DSCN3692 (3).JPG

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Wings said:

The winner of AFP are viewers favorite having nothing to do with money.  Same for who wins, they can be rich or poor.  Game shows are not charity.  Same for Survivor.  No, Sam should not get it because she lives in a tiny camper.  Jesus. 

But did she say he would win the money or just that he came in first?   I don't trust anything she says or the sources (not you RAGEPAIGE) that claim she made a public statement.  That is not like her.  

I was making a reference to how CBS is the one who probably leaks this information and the account is probably run by a higher up in production.  Even the times the account criticizes production and the show its goal is simply to cause hype for the show.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

We won’t get to see Tyler tell JC he’s taking Kaycee? That sucks. 

Damn it. Maybe the powers that be will show it as some sort of bonus footage afterward, lol. There's a demand for it!

Kind of surprised the revealed the AFP now. Are we all going to get blindsided tonight when they announce someone random as the winner?

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’ve heard multiple HG re-entry stories over the years, and the societal re-assimilation can be extremely difficult.  Hiccups to the HGs’ social re-integration can pop up in the strangest places:

I find that whole process to be pretty fascinating. I think leaving the house would be complete sensory overload. And while all the people who go on BB must be comfortable with cameras around, how long would it take to shake that feeling of being watched constantly? I think it would take a long time to feel any kind of sense of privacy again. Not to mention reuniting with people, catching up on LOTS of news, interviews, parties, weird sleep schedules, etc. It sounds exhausting.

This might not be the physical equivalent of say, Survivor, but these HGs do earn this money. People say it's a vacation and all that, but if you are actually stuck in the house for 90+ days, it has to take a unique toll on a person.

And just for fun, Fuck You Fessy, Fuck You JC, and go Tyler and Kaycee.

Please no one take JC to the F2. Thank you.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Thanks to all the feed watchers for a great season.  One of the best in years.  First time in a long time I didn't want to throttle both of the finalists.  (unless - gasp - JC)

You bring it all to life for those of us who can't stand to listen to it, but greatly enjoy knowing what's really going on.

I drove this road on the way to work every day for 12 years, now I will forever link it to BB20.

DSCN3692 (3).JPG

This looks like one of the picture segments in the grid when you have to prove you are not a robot by clicking all the boxes that have a street light.  ;> 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

I'm going to guess they're not going to give it to Tyler since Vegas spoiled that he won, but didn't say who was in 2nd (or 3rd, if that's Kaycee). I'm assuming she works with Production in some way. It will also make it look like viewers have a say, since I'd guess her poll ends up with "no" as the winner, considering Twitter is a very pro-Fouette space, and the amount of people that want Tyler to win are probably still less than Haleigh/Brett/Kaycee/Sam fans combined.

Edited by mooses
14 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Damn it. Maybe the powers that be will show it as some sort of bonus footage afterward, lol. There's a demand for it!

Kind of surprised the revealed the AFP now. Are we all going to get blindsided tonight when they announce someone random as the winner?

I find that whole process to be pretty fascinating. I think leaving the house would be complete sensory overload. And while all the people who go on BB must be comfortable with cameras around, how long would it take to shake that feeling of being watched constantly? I think it would take a long time to feel any kind of sense of privacy again. Not to mention reuniting with people, catching up on LOTS of news, interviews, parties, weird sleep schedules, etc. It sounds exhausting.

This might not be the physical equivalent of say, Survivor, but these HGs do earn this money. People say it's a vacation and all that, but if you are actually stuck in the house for 90+ days, it has to take a unique toll on a person.

And just for fun, Fuck You Fessy, Fuck You JC, and go Tyler and Kaycee.

Please no one take JC to the F2. Thank you.

+++++++++1 to this entire post.

Regarding the sensory overload, I keep thinking of more unsettling things that could happen to a HG on the outside...I would think that acclimating to those four walls and the tiny backyard would be very difficult at first, but they all do seem to get used to it.  After being so limited as to where you can go, is getting back outside going to be overwhelming?  What about those long and numerous DR's...will it be strange that suddenly, no one necessarily cares about what you think about every little thing?  And while I'm rambling, I don't recall ever seeing a HG like Sam - a HG who really did seem deeply affected by the claustrophobia of the house.  This surprises me quite a bit, as I would think many of the HG's would have some difficulty adjusting.  But given that this has been my first foray down the rabbit-hole of the live feeds, maybe I just haven't noticed.

Thanks to everyone in this thread!  It's been a blast.  On to Survivor.

And #FUF.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

Tbh, I don't care if the winner is Tyler, Kaycee, or Brett, but I'd like Brett to win just to see Rockstar's head explode.

I also really don't want Haleigh to win out of spite. Not because of anything Haleigh has done (I actually do like her and wish she'd aligned with smarter people), but because a lot of her twitter stans are grossly obnoxious on a good day.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Tbh, I don't care if the winner is Tyler, Kaycee, or Brett, but I'd like Brett to win just to see Rockstar's head explode.

I also really don't want Haleigh to win out of spite. Not because of anything Haleigh has done (I actually do like her and wish she'd aligned with smarter people), but because a lot of her twitter stans are grossly obnoxious on a good day.

That's is so funny. Just the thought of people on the outside liking Brett might blow Rockstar's mind. Hysterical!!!!

• Love 3

So, who's applying for next season? LOL

(I'm actually at a curious point in life where I probably could get away with dropping out for three months—just to be voted out first as the token "old" guy, heh—but reading all the posts about post-BB disorientation is a good reminder of why I won't.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Yes of course he should.  Popular vote vs Grodner's "Electoral College" rules?  I am for the popular vote because it is suppose to be America's pick, not her's.

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Who has the most votes should win.  Period.

What a novel concept.  Democracy.  Amen!

33 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

They didn't, Vegas leaked.  After leaking if they give it to anyone else then the "illusion" that it is actually America's pick will be blown away. 

I have no problem if they announce per the show's rules (they make up 5 minutes before air time) that the winner of BB20 can't win this prize.  But if Tyler wins then they should have to announce he also got the MOST votes for AFP so because of that "rule" then the second place person in the voting gets the prize.  Is that so hard, Grodner?  Just be upfront with it.  Otherwise people will be thinking how the hell did so-and-so win when everyone I knew voted for Tyler.

Edited by green
  • Love 4

I still am going to hold to that if Kaycee wins the last comp and takes Tyler she played a fool's game. She will lose to Tyler and she will win if she takes JC. Many before her have made the same mistake. The final decision should not be about loyalty but about being a shrewd cookie. And he agrees with me: 

andy2.png

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DakotaLavender said:

I still am going to hold to that if Kaycee wins the last comp and takes Tyler she played a fool's game. She will lose to Tyler and she will win if she takes JC. Many before her have made the same mistake. The final decision should not be about loyalty but about being a shrewd cookie. 

But a lot of the jury values loyalty very very much too.  You can lose more votes than you can gain by doing something like that.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

That place is toxic - I feel bad for HGs when they come out because Twitter tends to be the main avenue they communicate with Big Brother fans, and they can be banana-iest of all us banana fans. It's also why I'm on the not-Haleigh train, combined with her edit and not wanting Fessy thinking he had anything to do with it. But, in all reality, I know none of those things matter. She does seem like a really sweet person who has her head on straight. I'd generally be really happy for her if she won, but the fans are unbearable.

13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, some of those Twitter fans, holy shit, they're the types who would call your boss to try to get you fired because you disagreed with them on Twitter.

I remember when Shelly turned on Jeff/Jordan - that really showed the true colors of a lot of the fanbase. I don't know if it was mainly Jokers or Twitter that spearheaded that ridiculousness, but it's only gotten worse with social media increasingly becoming intertwined with this show.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

(I'm actually at a curious point in life where I probably could get away with dropping out for three months—just to be voted out first as the token "old" guy, heh—but reading all the posts about post-BB disorientation is a good reminder of why I won't.)

I think it would be great TV to have a entire house of superfans and feed watchers! Come on guys, apply!

1 minute ago, ohcomeon said:

I think it would be great TV to have a entire house of superfans and feed watchers! Come on guys, apply!

We would all be refusing to head into the House for fear of being struck by the First-One-In Curse.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Wings said:

It is a common dish in many cultures and done different ways.  I think he is referring to the typical comfort food style.

https://shewearsmanyhats.com/chicken-and-rice-is-oh-so-nice/

I think they have a wrap party tomorrow or Friday.  That would mean they put them up in a hotel for a few nights, two anyway.  

Yeah, I know it's common across many cultures. It was more of the "who's making the chicken and rice today" or "have you had the chicken and rice" comments that made it seem like it was on the menu daily for him. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mooses said:

We would all be refusing to head into the House for fear of being struck by the First-One-In Curse.

Oh man, the season would be over before it even started. Julie would be pissed at us.

"Houseguests, one of you MUST enter the house now."

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

If any of ya'll ever get selected to be a cast member and don't do a livefeed shoutout to us here on this particular board, you will NEVER be forgiven.  

• Love 14

Twitter really is the worst when it comes to BB, I love Twitter in general but BB Twitter is HORRIBLE. I follow a few live feed updaters that I enjoy and their commentary is snarky and funny. But otherwise steer clear of the Big Brother Tags- it's an absolute mess. 

I come here and go to Reddit- it's not toxic and insane. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Twitter really is the worst when it comes to BB, I love Twitter in general but BB Twitter is HORRIBLE. I follow a few live feed updaters that I enjoy and their commentary is snarky and funny. But otherwise steer clear of the Big Brother Tags- it's an absolute mess. 

I come here and go to Reddit- it's not toxic and insane. 

I just follow random past BB HGs on Twitter to see what they say.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Slider said:

If any of ya'll ever get selected to be a cast member and don't do a livefeed shoutout to us here on this particular board, you will NEVER be forgiven.  

Yeah, what's the signal? Should I do the Wakanda salute and whisper "PTV!" at the cameras when nobody's looking?

ETA: Wait, I know what the signal is. "Hi, Julie! You're looking scrumdiddlyumptious today! I sadly vote to evict ______. FUCK YOU, FESSY!"

45 minutes ago, mooses said:

That'd be so great, though. Sixteen people all looking around and making the Tyler panic face right in front of Julie. First HoH comp and everybody immediately throws it. All six players walking very slowly on the first round of OTEV. Production would go completely nuts because the entire cast would effectively be trolling them 24/7.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, green said:

But a lot of the jury values loyalty very very much too.  You can lose more votes than you can gain by doing something like that.

Ivette was loyal to Maggie and took Maggie to f2 she lost to Maggie. So it can go either way, but in Kaycee's situation i think it is best to drag JC. 

1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Strange you should mention that; I’m probably going to be retiring in the next year or so, and some of the exact same thoughts had crossed my mind - particularly the TOG reference.  :)

33 minutes ago, Slider said:

5 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Yeah, what's the signal? Should I do the Wakanda salute and whisper "PTV!" at the cameras when nobody's looking?

I already told y’all mine: if some season a fat old white guy looks at the BY camera, says “And to the Previously folks - greetings from Nashville” and winks, you’ll know it’s me.  :>

5 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

That'd be so great, though. Sixteen people all looking around and making the Tyler panic face right in front of Julie. First HoH comp and everybody immediately throws it. All six players walking very slowly on the first round of OTEV. Production would go completely nuts because the entire cast would effectively be trolling them 24/7.

THAT’S when we’d know we had an honest-to-god crop of true SUPERfans, by god.

• Love 4

First thing I do when I move in the house is request some borax and a Gummi bear.

11 minutes ago, partofme said:

If Tyler truly is the winner then yes he should win, but he's annoyed me all season so I hope not.

I split my votes between Haleigh and Rockstar.  

I'm torn on Haleigh. Part of me would be curious to see what she can do when she's a few years older, has some more life experience under her belt, and is assertive enough to say no to unwanted advances and mean it.

The rest of me doesn't care and would rather see what a different Nicole Franzel lookalike is capable of.

• Love 1

DO IT!  DO IT!

21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Strange you should mention that; I’m probably going to be retiring in the next year or so, and some of the exact same thoughts had crossed my mind - particularly the TOG reference.  :)

DO IT!  DO IT!

1 hour ago, mooses said:

You will have to go in 3 Stooges style and production will have to kick from behind.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

This is further proof to me that Steve was hands-down the best looking man this season. It also might be further proof that I'm old now lol. ETA: Also, are tweets not showing up properly for anyone else? 

3 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Meanwhile on Instagram, Jessica just posted that Robyn Kass is going to officiate her and Cody's wedding 

This has me howling!

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

Let's be real, all BB online fans are obnoxious. I still think reddit is the worst though. That place is a cesspool for the worst of humanity lol.

1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

I actually think it would be utterly horrible and everyone who ever wished for it would be very sorry. Especially considering the superfans they've cast.

43 minutes ago, partofme said:

I split my votes between Haleigh and Rockstar.  

I commend you for voting for RS. It was an absolute waste, but I appreciate it!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I am so sad that I'm stuck with applying for the Canadian version. I want to play Big Brother US! The one episode of BBCAN I saw (I was flipping by, stayed for five minutes, and then moved on), they were doing some cringe-y forced product placement advertising. "This end table! From The Brick! So beautiful! This faucet! From Lowe's! Look at the water flow!" At least BBUS only tries to shove its bad CBS shows on the HGs. 

Canadian versions of American television can be so fucking cringe-y that I usually don't watch them for longer than the five minutes I need to confirm it'll suck balls. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I am so sad that I'm stuck with applying for the Canadian version. I want to play Big Brother US! The one episode of BBCAN I saw (I was flipping by, stayed for five minutes, and then moved on), they were doing some cringe-y forced product placement advertising. "This end table! From The Brick! So beautiful! This faucet! From Lowe's! Look at the water flow!" At least BBUS only tries to shove its bad CBS shows on the HGs. 

Canadian versions of American television can be so fucking cringe-y that I usually don't watch them for longer than the five minutes I need to confirm it'll suck balls. 

If it helps, I recently read that Canadians can now apply to be our Survivor.

1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Now I'm curious to know how a season of BB with only us in this thread playing would pan out.

I think it has the potential to be wonderfully snarkastic (TM Gilmore Girls).

Production would likely get really tired of us doing constant shoutouts to this site, Hamsterwatch, Vegas, Joker's, etc.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

If it helps, I recently read that Canadians can now apply to be our Survivor.

That's definitely more of the husband's thing than mine. I swear, you could give him a granola bar, a tarp, and three matches and send him out into the wilderness for six months. Come back and he'll have built you a log cabin, put on twenty pounds from the good eating, and be as happy as a pig in shit. I'd be curled in a ball under a palm frond, crying about the giant bug three feet away from me that's creeping closer, guys! Kill it! Someone kill it!

ETA: way back when, they were actually scouting locations for a Canadian set Survivor in my hometown - well, the upper valley which is all trees and mountains and shit. Unfortunately, the locals know the whole area like the back of their hands and they could never find a spot that people wouldn't be able to get to - or wouldn't wander by accidentally on their way to some hidden lake. Between that and the weather, they decided against it. Maybe if you wanted a Canadian set Survivor in British Columbia, you shouldn't pick the small town who calls themselves the Outdoor Recreation Capital of Canada. Because yeah, we hike. A fucking lot. 

7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Now I'm curious to know how a season of BB with only us in this thread playing would pan out.

I could see us bringing up old shit from threads three seasons ago. "Hey, I remember when you didn't agree with my opinions of Vanessa's big move on week 3. DIS-GUS-TING!" "Oh, yeah? Well, I remember when you were rooting for Paul! HA!" 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

We would be too busy dissecting every move our fellow HG thread-mates made to even get busy playing the Game. Just constant backyard conversations of whether this person is a Derrick or Cody and whether that person is a jerk or having a mental breakdown instead of actual strategizing. 

Oh, and don't forget debates about who should have won past seasons. We'd be riveting entertainment! 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 7