Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

I understand a lot of what you’re saying and you make some great points.  Yes, at some point in the game you have to turn on your alliance o supporters, especially if you know they have final two deals elsewhere.  So in Brett’s case, it makes perfect sense to now target Angela and Kaycee because he’s not likely to get much furthe with them.  And I don’t think either woman would be bitter about it in the jury because the timing of his move makes sense.

Tyler’s constant plotting to get Bayleigh out so early in the game made no sense since she had his back and was willing to help him go far.  I feel like there was some underlying visceral reaction motivating.  It just wasn’t rational.  That’s why Bayleigh is bitter and justifiably so.  This is why I think it was bad gameplay on his part.  Bayleigh in some ways is the Beehive’s equivalent of JC.  Just as people have been avoiding targeting JC because they don’t want their “name in his mouth,” is the same way Baykeigh should have been perceived.  Tyler should have realized that making such moves against Bayleigh would make her bitter — considering her rocky past with white people at her school.  And she also has a lot of influence in her alliance, so now his name will be in her mouth all day long. This is something a good game player should have anticipated and avoided.  

I fully understand where you're coming from as well. And this is definitely an insightful discussion! I'd hope Brett would target Angela/Kaycee, but he thinks he has a F2 with Tyler and doesn't know that multiple people do as well. We also don't know who Tyler's taking to F2, but Tyler isn't even taking Brett to F4, so regardless of what people on Reddit and Twitter say, it makes sense for Brett to target someone in Tyler's F4...if he can. I think Brett's better move is to get out Kaycee, but Brett doesn't have the info that we do. I do think that Tyler's made some serious blunders, which doesn't make him like a Derrick for me, as people have compared the two in the past. Derrick got out people who planned to target him before any damage could be done on his end. Tyler hasn't been that lucky, but he's a 23 year old kid. I'm impressed he's done what he's done up to this point. He'll continue to make mistakes, but he's playing the game.

After last season, it IS a low bar, but he also raises it with the generally good job he's done. Also, he's playing against actual competitors who also don't want to just make jury. Well, Scottie apparently wants to lay down and die, but at least Haleigh's trying! Fessy never tried, Rockstar knew it was a lost cause with her and she caused her own demise, and Bayleigh fought. It's just nice to see people fight to win. 

Honestly, I think it's as simple as saying that Tyler was only targeting Bayleigh because she was on the other side of the house. He actually was going to let her get farther after Swaggy left and before she won HOH. I remember him commenting a couple of times about wanting Rockstar or Haleigh or Fessy out first. I think part of him wanted to eventually bring her over, but then she won HOH and screwed it all up. I think he also recognized that she was likely to have a power app. I think her power app was her demise, as Tyler deduced immediately that she probably got it due to Swaggy's eviction (as a superfan, he'd know that showmances are quite popular). I honestly do feel like Bayleigh had the potential to get far, even with her power app, but what mistakes she made were directly related to her HOH win. She was in a good position before that. I remember feeling like she could get far and be the cause of the L6 split.

I do feel like Bayleigh only associated with FOUTTE/The Hive based on her decision to get into a showmance with Swaggy. I think, if Swaggy was not in the game, she would have been an outsider for L6, but also been able to worm her way in easily. Her and JC could have fought for that spot, and I think Bayleigh could have won it. She was close with Angela in the first few days. Her and Tyler had a rivalry but he seemed to like her still. If she had let go of that betrayal, she would have mended things with him. Her and Brett had a conversation once that Brett never spoke about to anyone (even to this day) and I had hope that it was the start of a true alliance...until Bayleigh got upset over Brett calling her "honey". Kaycee/Bayleigh were very, very close as well. 

Honestly, I've gone back and forth on Bayleigh in general. I think she has acted spoiled, but I also did like her and gave her so many chances up until her HOH and her decision to belittle Rockstar in the pink room. I also cringed at her DRs, but I choose to believe that it was all scripted. I liked Bayleigh more than I did with Rockstar and Fessy. However, her attitude in her last two weeks rubbed me the wrong way and it was hard to come back from because she was so consistently mean and bossy. I think everyone's actions have rubbed me the wrong way at one point or another. I never vocalized it before, but Angela once made a comment about wanting Kaitlyn to tumble down the stairs, followed by her unnecessary "Die, bitch." That is something that has halted me from completely liking Angela, as she turns very mean. Even with her pretty horrible childhood, I can't condone that stuff. Same with Brett and his unnecessarily harsh comments about Rockstar and Rachel. 

But hey, this season still has some great houseguests. This cast is truly great. I liked BB17's cast a lot, but also got bored partway through and never actually finished watching.  I guess this season could go that way as well, but at this point, I'm excited to see L6 turn on each other, as Brett has started doing. I'm genuinely in love with this season because even the most irritating and mean houseguests are not the worst that we've seen. They wouldn't even crack the top twenty for me (even Bayleigh, Rockstar, and JC...ok, well JC would crack the top twenty).  

• Love 15
8 hours ago, mooses said:

He's on the block against the HG who put 2 voters and the HOH on the block, who is hated by Sam, and is loved by the jury. And it's like he's barely even trying to stay. 

Maybe he realized it's a lost cause anyway so might as well go relax in jury. If he or Haleigh had won HOH he probably would've put more effort in, but they didn't and so they are both essentially done in the game now. There's really no way either of them even sniffs the finals now. It's exhausting playing the game even when you have a legit chance of winning; when you know you don't it's probably just not really worth it. Especially for Scottie and Haleigh who have both tried and gotten absolutely nowhere. 

8 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

... Hayleigh will totally win HOH next week and Angela or Kaycee will be in danger. 

Ugh, from your lip's to the BB God's ears! Just let me have one week where L6 is fucked before their inevitable march to the end.

41 minutes ago, gunderda said:

So no posts about the party last night??

It seems more people than I think are just over it lol.

31 minutes ago, gunderda said:

He was a little skeptical on his food contamination/safety but it wasn't chicken so it was probably ok.  He was just touching the raw patties to put them on the grill and then touching everything else without wiping off his hands. 

People do this all the time on this show. I'm aghast at the amount of people who just have no concern over this. I could never eat in that house!

13 minutes ago, RagePaige said:

Completely agree.  She has very good social skills.  Definitely very confident for 21

I think maybe where she lacks confidence is in her intelligence. She has had great reads and ideas multiple times this season but she never fights for things. She is a bit weak-minded when it comes to the game.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

While the season overall has been one of their best in years, it has also been one of the production's most embarrassing seasons to date.

Considering that no one has injured themselves and won a racing comp while injured, it is the best season so far 

• Love 11

Paul really makes it so easy for the next season to look so much better in comparison. :)

1 minute ago, RandomWatcher said:

Considering that no one has injured themselves and won a racing comp while injured, it is the best season so far 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think Hay is one of those people who thinks she should be a certain way (bubbly, friendly, the life of the party) because people look at her and think Texas sorority chick and expect it. That's why she tries so hard to be all "hey girl!" to L6. In reality she's shy, nerdy, awkward, lacking in self-confidence. I don't think Big Brother is her game -- she just doesn't have enough of a killer instinct for the game. She's gotten progressively more miserable and by the time she's evicted she might not have any nails to bite anymore.

However in real life I bet she's super sweet and I could picture her as the one castmate who keeps in touch with just about everyone after the show. 

I want to be clear I wasn't knocking her and I agree, she is probably pretty cool in real life. I suspect she is confident in her comfort zone, which is something I recognize in myself. I am an introvert, but I open up and enjoy people when I am comfortable. Context probably plays a big role, which is why she is good in the DR but not necessarily in the house from a comfort and confidence standpoint. 

46 minutes ago, gunderda said:

But I don't see a girl who lacks confidence taking part in that kind of activity.  I'm not looking down at her for it. 

I am wondering if assertiveness is the right word, and even that doesn't really cover it. Perhaps I am relying too heavily on my own experience, but I would have put up with a lot more at 22 than I did at 32 as would most of my friends. I wanted people to like me and it took a lot to go against them. As I have gotten older, I have grown into myself more and I am willing to be the odd one out.  

• Love 7

When did they stop showing diary rooms to the Jury? I thought they changed it after Season 3 and the infamous Danielle disaster (and yes, I agree with those who say that, come on, she KNEW THEY WOULD SEE THE DIARY ROOMS, so it is hard to feel TOO bad for her), but I was just watching Season 4 highlights and they still saw diary rooms.  Was it Season 5?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

When did they stop showing diary rooms to the Jury? I thought they changed it after Season 3 and the infamous Danielle disaster (and yes, I agree with those who say that, come on, she KNEW THEY WOULD SEE THE DIARY ROOMS, so it is hard to feel TOO bad for her), but I was just watching Season 4 highlights and they still saw diary rooms.  Was it Season 5?

I think it was Season 5. 

You know what I wish they would bring back- the in depth Jury questioning that they stopped after Season 10. It's a shame they don't do that anymore. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think it was Season 5. 

You know what I wish they would bring back- the in depth Jury questioning that they stopped after Season 10. It's a shame they don't do that anymore. 

Yeah, the in-depth stuff was great because it often SUPER shook them up. But come on, this is Grodner, the corollary to her "More Twists = More Gooder" is "Shorter Soundbites = More Awesomer."

• Love 7

It's so odd, though, because the jury questioning is often one of the highlights of any Survivor season.  I don't know why they took it out of Big Brother.

As for Danielle, yeah, I agree, she should have managed her DRs better.  But, I never thought she said anything that bad.  I always thought her DRs were tongue-in-cheek.  Compared to the stuff Marcellus said in his DRs, she was practically an angel.  Although, I think Lisa played a really good game too, so I'm not upset by her win (even if I would have preferred a Danielle win).

• Love 6

At this point, when does everyone see Sam being evicted. It still amazes me that she has held on to both of Tyler’s secrets.

a few weeks ago, I would have thought she would be gone by now but I think she has quietly moved back into the mix. For the most part, she has really turned down the crazy. She seems to have gotten over her jealousy of Angela and seems to be accepting of Angela’s relationship with Tyler. She hasn’t tried to talk block them once.

They are sick of Hay so she will be gone soon and JC is so jealous of Angela that I just don’t see Tyler wanting him in F4.

i also wonder if Tyler sees Brett as a threat and may take a shot before F4.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4
Just now, Irishsecra said:

At this point, when does everyone see Sam being evicted.

a few weeks ago, I would have thought she would be gone by now but I think she has quietly moved back into the mix. For the most part, she has really turned down the crazy. She seems to have gotten over her jealousy of Angela and seems to be accepting of Angela’s relationship with Tyler. She hasn’t tried to talk block them once.

They are sick of Hay so she will be gone soon and JC is so jealous of Angela that I just don’t see Tyler wanting him in F4.

i also wonder if Tyler sees Brett as a threat and may take a shot before F4.

I imagine he wants Sam out in a week where he wouldn't be the deciding vote. So, like, Final Four and so the Diamond Power of Veto holder eliminates her.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Tbh, I'm not sure what else Tyler could have done to prevent Bayleigh from being a bitter juror. She was always going to be a bitter juror IMO. She thought she was untouchable for a while, especially during her HOH and before Angela backdoored her. I guess Tyler could have not defended himself so adamantly at the house meeting and been more passive? But Bayleigh lost her shit at him and was screaming like Tyler had murdered her puppy. Even though Tyler's version of events seemed to be the closest to the truth. I'm just not sure there was any way that Tyler (or any other HG) could have some how orchestrated Bayleigh's eviction without Bayleigh being insufferably bitter about it all.

I still don't get the charges of racism leveled at Tyler or the rest of L6. I don't think Bayleigh was targeted initially or ultimately because of race at all. I'm willing to keep an open mind about it, and I recognize that even a hidden bias can exist without it ever outwardly manifesting. But I haven't seen any evidence of that, either explicitly or implicitly, so it's hard for me to say that's why Bayleigh was targeted anymore than I can say homophobia will be the reason JC ultimately gets the boot. Fact of the matter is that Bayleigh screwed up her game all by herself. She had managed to put herself in a decent position, despite her shitty self-destructive alliance. I think she probably would have been where Haleigh is now, but actually with a better in to KC/Angela, because she was better at socializing with them. 

FYI, according to Scottie, and to be that is not saying much, I think he has terrible reads, Bay is the most chill of the jurors and is good with everyone. RS was the most bitter. Bay's performance was probably for TV show.

• Love 4

Maybe if the L6 people were more interesting people wouldn't feel the need to pull Swaggy's ridiculous posts into this thread so to have something to talk about.

I don't like the guy, I don't follow him and read about him anywhere but here.  Please, just let him be evicted from this thread.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Thank god he let us know, as I was just dying to know what Swaggy's plans were for the after party of the game he got eliminated from months ago. 

Heh. Well then, let's read another pre-jurors thoughts about after the finale:

• Love 12

Honestly I don't think Bay will be bitter towards Tyler- she keeps wanting Tyler to be next because she KNOWS he's playing a good game. Also, I think he did a fantastic job in his GBM to her- inflating her Ego by saying that Big Players recognize Big Players that's why he had to get her out. You could tell she was flattered. 

What do you guys think Tyler will say to Scottie in his GBM?? He's a Superfan? Detail the game he's been playing- or is he waiting to drop that in Hay's GBM?

• Love 1

I wonder how much mileage Queen Bay might be getting in jury over the first BB (in house) Baybeigh. If she is, you know......

3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

What do you guys think Tyler will say to Scottie in his GBM?? He's a Superfan? Detail the game he's been playing- or is he waiting to drop that in Hay's GBM?

Why not both GBM's?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Uhhhh, maybe because since Week One Bae had been one of the chief (and most vocal) leaders of the House alliance operating in direct opposition to Tyler’s?  That might’ve had a smidge to do with it.  And Bae’s obliviousness to the nature of the alliance opposing her own - and Tyler’s part in it - doesn’t change that one whit.  Bae was a clear and present danger to Tyler’s game, even if she didn’t realize it - so Tyler’s targeting of Bae in that respect seems (to me, anyway) to be rational as hell.

Noooooo... Bae is bitter because Bae was got out - and in BaeWorld, that’s not supposed to happen.  

Can anybody here say with a straight face (or without a lightning rod nearby) they don’t remember the absolute HELL which was Bae’s HoH, when she would rip screaming into ANYBODY - including her own alliance members - who so much as uttered a word of any kind of game move which did not directly benefit Bae’s own game???  Shit, Bae reamed the shit out of Rachel for expressing concern at being OTB, and Bae’s the one who nom’ed Rachel.  Bae set the HoHitis bar at new heights, with her outrageous sense of entitlement somehow translating to an opinion that as HoH she had the RIGHT to demand every HG play BB for her own personal game benefit, even at the expense of their own - and Bae continued to carry on in such a manner, even after she was no longer HoH.  That’s not rational, and that’s not justifiable on any basis.

Bae considered herself Captain of the Good Ship Big Brother, so in Bae’s mind her eviction was the equivalent of mutiny - and THAT’S why she’s bitter.

Considering the only game move which wouldn’t incur Bae’s wrath would be for every other player - Tyler included - to fall on their game swords and sacrifice their individual personal games for the advancement and glory of Bae’s own, the notion of “good gameplay” vis-a-vis Bae becomes a trifle nebulous.  :> 

In varying degrees, Bae is virtually guaranteed to be irritated any any BB finalist who isn’t her.

^THIS^

I would also add that Tyler saw Cray-Bay poke her head out when he slipped one in her tube.  He saw the writing on the wall early...

IMG_0039.jpg

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

It'll be better for Tyler to say it in both, so that Scottie can start detailing it to the jurors and then Haleigh can confirm when she goes, if it's next week or the week afterward (depending on comp wins). 

• Love 1

I haven't been able to watch much lately, due to two very sick kitties and some vet ER trips - I skimmed through Jokers and sounds like Brett/JC and Scottie are trying...something? And now Scottie might be talking to Tyler about it? Anyone know what's up?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Uhhhh, maybe because since Week One Bae had been one of the chief (and most vocal) leaders of the House alliance operating in direct opposition to Tyler’s?  That might’ve had a smidge to do with it.  And Bae’s obliviousness to the nature of the alliance opposing her own - and Tyler’s part in it - doesn’t change that one whit.  Bae was a clear and present danger to Tyler’s game, even if she didn’t realize it - so Tyler’s targeting of Bae in that respect seems (to me, anyway) to be rational as hell.

Noooooo... Bae is bitter because Bae was got out - and in BaeWorld, that’s not supposed to happen.  

Can anybody here say with a straight face (or without a lightning rod nearby) they don’t remember the absolute HELL which was Bae’s HoH, when she would rip screaming into ANYBODY - including her own alliance members - who so much as uttered a word of any kind of game move which did not directly benefit Bae’s own game???  Shit, Bae reamed the shit out of Rachel for expressing concern at being OTB, and Bae’s the one who nom’ed Rachel.  Bae set the HoHitis bar at new heights, with her outrageous sense of entitlement somehow translating to an opinion that as HoH she had the RIGHT to demand every HG play BB for her own personal game benefit, even at the expense of their own - and Bae continued to carry on in such a manner, even after she was no longer HoH.  That’s not rational, and that’s not justifiable on any basis.

Bae considered herself Captain of the Good Ship Big Brother, so in Bae’s mind her eviction was the equivalent of mutiny - and THAT’S why she’s bitter.

Considering the only game move which wouldn’t incur Bae’s wrath would be for every other player - Tyler included - to fall on their game swords and sacrifice their individual personal games for the advancement and glory of Bae’s own, the notion of “good gameplay” vis-a-vis Bae becomes a trifle nebulous.  :> 

In varying degrees, Bae is virtually guaranteed to be irritated any any BB finalist who isn’t her.

Agree with this post. Bae and her alliance were always a clear and present danger to Tyler and his alliance. Add the knowledge that Bay had an extremely powerful game changing app, first order of business for Level 6 would be to get her out of the game.

From what Scottie tells, Bae is no longer bitter and the most chill jury member, so far. RS the most bitter and her bitter ally  Fessy is now there to keep her company and keep the bitter ball rolling.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

I have a hard time believing he won't be all over the winner.

I am so glad that Swaggy doesn't care, since he DOESN'T HAVE A VOTE.

PLEASE, Production!  Julie!  Camera-people!  Craft services!  I need for Swaggy to not get ONE IOTA of time on the reunion show.  You know how Sheldon on BBT will start spouting facts and when someone cuts him off, his face goes all wonky?  I need that to happen to Swaggy.  I need Julie to speak to every member of the pre-jury EXCEPT SWAGGY.

(but I know this won't happen and he will not only get to stand up and spew a stupid, self-serving monologue, we will also be treated to an extended montage of Swaggy C's Best BB Moments and then he will propose to Bayleigh and we won't have time to see who won AFP).

• Love 16

Translation: I didn't win and I was out so early nobody cares, so I'm gonna pretend I don't care who wins. 'Cause they were stupid enough to vote me out, even tho they know I would've kicked their asses (lather, rinse, repeat). And I wanna see...some other people. And Julie. And then BOUNCE, 'cause I might not get 2 minutes of screen time at the finale.  So I'm the one who's ahead. Cause I'm Swaggy. 

• Love 15

I have tried so hard with JC. I have tried to enjoy the working of his brain. I think his strategy has been very good and smart. But  as a person who does not really care about the HG's rule breaking and acting out, I am tired of JC thinking he is better and above everyone one else. He thinks he is punishing BB for making him a have Not ( cuz he did nothing to deserve that), his pissing and moaning and just plain becoming more and more of an asshole. 

Someone nominate him !

Edited by missyb
  • Love 11

They are not going to give Swaggy any airtime at the finale, AT ALL.  As it is, show ends abruptly after AFP is named.  We see them mingling on stage greeting relatives from the audience (maybe) for mere seconds.  

@Nashville  Excellent post and I agree with every word.  Thundering applause and standing ovation! 

• Love 3

They usually give the pre-jury about 5 min of screen time with Julie asking a couple questions.  I can't remember if she asks them all in general or picks out a couple people.

As for the question - when will they get rid of Sam?  Only when it's convenient.  L6 will obviously want Scottie and Haleigh out first and then probably JC but if none of those are options then Sam will be next in line.  I'm not sure who's going this week but if Scottie or Haleigh manage to stick around for awhile and if they keep Sam off the block then she could stick around awhile. 

10 minutes ago, Wings said:

They are not going to give Swaggy any airtime at the finale, AT ALL.  As it is, show ends abruptly after AFP is named.  We see them mingling on stage greeting relatives from the audience (maybe) for mere seconds.  

I hope so, but they tend to give at least one pre-juror a minute to speak. Sometimes, if they space out their time, they allow two or three to speak. I think it was only one year that they had no time for the pre-jurors. Steve will basically have zero speaking time. It's fit in after the voting but before the reveal of the winner. Jessica got to speak last year, and maybe one more person, but I'm not positive on that. I see Kaitlyn maybe getting some time to speak. But I 100% see them giving at least a minute of airtime for Swaggy, because of his showmance with Bayleigh. Unfortunately for me, Winston and/or Rachel would be lucky to get a question asked to them. It's a shame; this is the best pre-jury I've seen in a long, long time, if ever. I'd love a five minute segment where each of them got a minute to speak.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

What is that clear blue jell stuff Brett is putting on all over his body? It seems like soooooooooo much work.

Probably some version of "cool blue aloe" gel.  I saw a video the other day of him talking with Sam and he commented about how red he was when he saw his reflection in the mirror.  

• Love 1

I’ve been watching the feeds on and off all day and haven’t seen Haleigh at all. Jokers updates also says Haleigh not seen. Seems kind of weird, she is usually in the midst of everything ( course I might have just missed her).

edit:she apparently has been sleeping all this time and still in bed!

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

She is lying in the pink bedroom. I think she is back to feeling paranoid because Scottie was a big part of the early afternoon fun with Brett and Tyler. KC and Angela were also in the kitchen.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, Jessica got more airtime last season in the finale than most of the jurors.

I imagine that it'll be the same with Swaggy. Good or bad, the guy's such a trainwreck that they likely think he's worth a minute or two. 

Sigh, you are probably right.  Jerks make good TV, I suppose.  

10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Here’s another:

Petulant.

And another:

Truculent.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Ceeg said:

Tbh, I'm not sure what else Tyler could have done to prevent Bayleigh from being a bitter juror. . .

I don't really think Bay will be a bitter juror, but honestly Tyler probably could have not walked around wearing his sunglasses inside like a smug asshole and that would've maybe helped a bit.

6 hours ago, missyb said:

RS was the most bitter. 

Is anyone surprised? I hope she is SUPER bitter. I love bitter jurors! Maybe it's because I relate. I would be bitter as hell! Although hopefully if I was evicted second I wouldn't continue posting my bitterness on twitter for months, SWAGGY!

5 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I enjoy the hell out of his delusions.

Same. I don't really care enough to seek out his tweets on my own, but I usually get a real kick out of them when I see them here.

4 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think one interesting thing left in this season (wow, there is something!) is how Tyler approaches his gbms. Honestly, he has to come clean on pretty much everything in them imo. Not doing so would be a big mistake I think. But for some reason I am not 100% sure he really will do it.

2 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Probably some version of "cool blue aloe" gel.  I saw a video the other day of him talking with Sam and he commented about how red he was when he saw his reflection in the mirror.  

Maybe if he put sunscreen on before he sat in the sun for hours he wouldn't have this problem!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4