Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

For someone who claims to not be a fan of Trump Meghan sure seems to relish the fact that nothing resonates (she finally used the right word) with  his base. She was so smug and shrill today I swear I wanted to reach through my computer screen and wipe that look off her face.  And when Joy was comparing Trump to Henry VIII she completely missed the point by bringing up the Royal wedding.  She had to be given an explanation as to Trump being like bully kings of the past and not being compared to current royalty.

• Love 21

The show wasn't live today. There was a notice in the corner of the screen when they were coming out that the episode was "recorded earlier" probably yesterday.

• Love 8
(edited)
57 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

For someone who claims to not be a fan of Trump Meghan sure seems to relish the fact that nothing resonates (she finally used the right word) with  his base. She was so smug and shrill today I swear I wanted to reach through my computer screen and wipe that look off her face.  And when Joy was comparing Trump to Henry VIII she completely missed the point by bringing up the Royal wedding.  She had to be given an explanation as to Trump being like bully kings of the past and not being compared to current royalty.

Megan also took a dig at the British Royal family. Is it because Megan, describes herself as a feminist and Harry leans liberal... She has a weird dislike of the British..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
(edited)

I'm surprised no mention of the Bourdain suicide whatsoever.

I was raised in a blue collar family, by a conservative dad and feminist mom in the Chicago suburbs.  There are some Trump supporters.. but in the county that I grew up in... Trump received 49.8 percent of the vote, Hilary received 42.2 percent of the vote.. and 8 percent voted third party...   In Iowa/Wisconsin (other middle america states).. there was maybe an 8 percent difference between him and Clinton.. so I wouldn't say all of Middle America is Republican.  So Meghan can sit down with her 'false narrative'.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The show wasn't live today. There was a notice in the corner of the screen when they were coming out that the episode was "recorded earlier" probably yesterday.

Oh!!  Thanks.  I didn't see the "recorded earlier" notice.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also took a dig at the British Royal family. Is it because Megan, describes herself as a feminist and Harry leans liberal... She has a weird dislike of the British..

Probably because to her they are still the enemy.    

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh!!  Thanks.  I didn't see the "recorded earlier" notice.

They only had it up for a few seconds once so it was really easy to miss.

• Love 2
Just now, JAYJAY1979 said:

I was raised in a blue collar family, by a conservative dad and feminist mom in the Chicago suburbs.  There are some Trump supporters.. but in the county that I grew up in... Trump received 49.8 percent of the vote, Hilary received 42.2 percent of the vote.. and 8 percent voted third party...   In Iowa/Wisconsin (other middle america states).. there was maybe an 8 percent difference between him and Clinton.. so I wouldn't say all of Middle America is Republican.  So Meghan can sit down with her 'false narrative'.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2018/06/suicide-affects-everyone/

Plus, the third party vote was essentially a vote for Trump and it made a huge difference in the outcome.  Had the third party voters, voted for Hillary, she may have become President.

• Love 3

For the second time this week Meghan mentioned Lena Dunham.  Today she said she thought Girls was a better portrayal of NYC women than SATC.  Once again I have to say SHUT THE FUCK UP MEGHAN.  You can't compare the two shows.  Different time period. Different age range of the characters.  God I really hated her today.

• Love 16
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

For the second time this week Meghan mentioned Lena Dunham.  Today she said she thought Girls was a better portrayal of NYC women than SATC.  Once again I have to say SHUT THE FUCK UP MEGHAN.  You can't compare the two shows.  Different time period. Different age range of the characters.  God I really hated her today.

I disliked how she said that SATC basically told women to have one night stands and not have relationships.  That is not true at all. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also took a dig at the British Royal family. Is it because Megan, describes herself as a feminist and Harry leans liberal... She has a weird dislike of the British..

When did this (bolded) happen? The last time they discussed feminism, this twat said she wasnt a feminist because she’s Pro-life and all feminists are Pro-Choice for ABORTION! (Oh, THE HORROR!!)

9 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

As @Jaded stated above, the show wasn’t live today.  Whoopi will mention it on Monday’s show, I’m sure.

6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And Joy, Sunny, Whoopi failed to correct her yesterday that the same Lena Dunham, was a Hillary supporter (maybe also surrogate) in the last election and campaign.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I have a learning disability and was never a fan when a class clown took over the class.  I was the one kid in school who always liked the “mean” teacher.  

Do really wonder how Middle America feels about Megan being their spokesperson.   Really no one in middle America reads time magazine? 

I was one of those kids who liked the "mean" teacher, too, because they would shutdown the clowns pretty early. It's always been my experience that the loudest students, the ones always trying to get a laugh, are kissing the teacher's ass because they think if the teacher just likes them enough, they won't fail them. The only way I wouldn't mind my child coming home with a "Class Clown" award is if they already have good grades. I wouldn't be impressed at all if they're barely above failing in everything and this is their consolation for treating school like fun time.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When did this (bolded) happen? The last time they discussed feminism, this twat said she wasnt a feminist because she’s Pro-life and all feminists are Pro-Choice for ABORTION! (Oh, THE HORROR!!)

I meant Megan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex. lol

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Joy, Sunny, Whoopi failed to correct her yesterday that the same Lena Dunham, was a Hillary supporter (maybe also surrogate) in the last election and campaign.

Lena also supports abortion rights.  And is a self described feminist.  I can't imagine Meghan being a fan of hers.  I'm not even a fan of hers.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Lena also supports abortion rights.  And is a self described feminist.  I can't imagine Meghan being a fan of hers.  I'm not even a fan of hers.

Lena has spoken out against Bill Clinton, so, that is why Megan is extolling her virtues, these days.  Lena has also made incendiary statements about Abortion that infuriated the right.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Lena has also made incendiary statements about Abortion that infuriated the right.. 

I'm well aware of that.  Lena said she regretted having never had an abortion.  That infuriated a lot of people on the left as well.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is still fighting for our independence as illustrated by her apology to foundling father pictures and her vow to be scrappy.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm well aware of that.  Lena said she regretted having never had an abortion.  That infuriated a lot of people on the left as well.

She is very polarizing, to say the least.. 

• Love 4

I've seen an uptick in anti-View rhetoric on the Facebook pages of my very Right-leaning friends. Vows that they have never watched it and will never watch it, petitions to get it taken off the air, memes of Joy supposed saying that all Christians are mentally ill, etc. They loathe Joy... can't stand that she's around to voice her anti-Trump opinions.

So that's my theory as to why Meghan was unrelentingly ugly and priggish and in attack-dog mode on today's show. She was playing to her base. If Joy is going to be cast by the Right as Public Enemy Number One, and I believe she is, then Little Miss "I'm A Republican" is going to go after her as hard as possible, whenever she can. Shows where Joy is moderating and Whoopi is absent to rein her in must be like red meat to this little nitwit.

• Love 20
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I saw that, I wondered why they did that? I then saw the news about Anthony Bourdain.  I assume they didn't want people to think they were ignoring it.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meh-gun is such a hateful asshole. Even Paula looks at her like, “Who let the brat out of her room.”

The bitch is back.  She's not been so bad the last couple of days.  But today she is so negative about almost everything,  She really put a damper on me enjoying my "Friday shows".  Ugh!!!!   

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I've seen an uptick in anti-View rhetoric on the Facebook pages of my very Right-leaning friends. Vows that they have never watched it and will never watch it, petitions to get it taken off the air, memes of Joy supposed saying that all Christians are mentally ill, etc. They loathe Joy... can't stand that she's around to voice her anti-Trump opinions.

So that's my theory as to why Meghan was unrelentingly ugly and priggish and in attack-dog mode on today's show. She was playing to her base. If Joy is going to be cast by the Right as Public Enemy Number One, and I believe she is, then Little Miss "I'm A Republican" is going to go after her as hard as possible, whenever she can. Shows where Joy is moderating and Whoopi is absent to rein her in must be like red meat to this little nitwit.

Joy as Public Enemy #1 !  I would laugh if I weren’t so busy crying.  I’m getting posts on FB saying if Roseanne has been fired why is The View still on?   If they NEVER watch it, how do they know ?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I saw that, I wondered why they did that? I then saw the news about Anthony Bourdain.  I assume they didn't want people to think they were ignoring it.

No, they always have that message when the show has been recorded.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I am still perplexed at the fury against Joy.  She said nothing untoward about Christianity.  Did these people actually watch the show that day, when she made that joke about Pence. I worry about this country, when it comes to information and how we process it..

• Love 23
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

I am still perplexed at the fury against Joy.  She said nothing untoward about Christianity.  Did these people actually watch the show that day, when she made that joke about Pence. I worry about this country, when it comes to information and how we process it..

No.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am still perplexed at the fury against Joy.  She said nothing untoward about Christianity.  Did these people actually watch the show that day, when she made that joke about Pence. I worry about this country, when it comes to information and how we process it..

Yes, the country has become so dumbed down, I think a great number of people only see headlines. They don't read the article or watch clips, just go by whatever the headline says. Joy could make a joke about eating babies, outlets who misconstrue her every word to start a fire (like Meh-gun's husband's site) would post headlines like "ABORTION-LOVING JOY BEHAR ADMITS SHE EATS FETUSES FOR LUNCH!!!" Cue uproar of people who don't even watch the show tweeting and calling ABC to say they're boycotting the channel because of their reprehensible support of cannibalism, etc. etc.

• Love 18
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

it's basically - if you cancel a "conservative"  show like Roseanne, (put in quotes because it was not a conservative show, but Roseanne is a trumper)  then they have to cancel "liberal" shows.   the messages I've seen about cancelling The View have also referenced that photoshopped pic of Whoopi wearing a tshirt advocating violence toward trump, along with quotes about Joy attacking christianity.   Joy has long been the example of "liberal Hillary supporter", and the venom directed at her is similar to what was directed at Rosie O'Donnell. 

What amuses me is that the conservatives were all up in arms against Roseanne being cancelled, as though the show somehow portrayed conservative "values" of some sort. If Roseanne had not been a trump supporter, if trump had never said a word about her show, conservatives would have been up in arms about the show. The show featured  a child who was gender-fluid, a pre-teen boy with feminine mannerisms who like to wear dresses.  If the star had been anyone else, the conservative "base"  would have been boycotting the network and all its sponsors.    But no - boycott Joy Behar instead.        

Edited by backformore
  • Love 22
(edited)

I did not know this. Arizona is actually pink, not red, and predicted to possibly go blue in the next election.  ??? My fabulous sports med doctor said this.  I just moved here so this was new to me.  He is a fabulous and good looking gay man.  Not that it matters, just filling out my 'narrative.'  ;>  We are in Meggies conservative state pile. 

Mods.  I assume this fits with the discussion on what area of the country is "conservative."  If it is not appropriate please delete.  She includes AZ in that basket.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, the country has become so dumbed down, I think a great number of people only see headlines. They don't read the article or watch clips, just go by whatever the headline says. Joy could make a joke about eating babies, outlets who misconstrue her every word to start a fire (like Meh-gun's husband's site) would post headlines like "ABORTION-LOVING JOY BEHAR ADMITS SHE EATS FETUSES FOR LUNCH!!!" Cue uproar of people who don't even watch the show tweeting and calling ABC to say they're boycotting the channel because of their reprehensible support of cannibalism, etc. etc.

More and more people are getting their news from social media.  And those stories almost always have a skewed perspective.  And as you said a lot of people only read the headlines and then head straight to the comments.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Wow.  Meggie is really getting off on thinking that middle america is running this country.   In her mind, if they don't give a damn about it, no one should.  She's a mess and I will cheer the day she's FINALLY off of my screen. 

I will go on a celebratory bender and I rarely if ever drink!  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Lol You heard it here, folks. Joy is responsible for changing the Democratic communication approach. It's what she should be doing instead of losing sleep worrying about the country. At least, that what our favorite "pundint" thinks. 

Meghan is such a flake.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Seriously?  Who would say such a thing?

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Of course not. Otherwise they'd know what she really said. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Because people don't watch things for themselves, they rely on their media sources that they trust to tell them what happened which forms their opinions. Joy's comments were completely based on the comments made by Omarosa saying that Pence talks to Jesus and Jesus tells him what to say. Her joke was based on the notion of having a literal conversation with Jesus. And that was generalized to be an affront to people who are religious. Having a relationship with God and relying on your faith to provide guidance is NOT the same as saying that God talks to you but it was conflated to suggest that it's all the same thing.

Meghan, you ever consider what it's like for a Democrat to watch Fox News? They're probably thinking the same thing you think of when you watch most CNN programs. It's so disingenuous to act like this media bias to exclusive to one side. BOTH sides are bias.  I know I often describe Meghan's commentary as disingenuous and I probably sound like a broken record, but I genuinely feel like she offers many examples almost in every episode where she conveniently and/or ignorantly presents opinions that are based on misguided interpretations that often lack full context to the situation.

The whole viagara conversation is just another example that makes me think that Sunny is quite the controlling and 'my way or highway' kind of mom and wife, lol.

The SITC talk - I don't see how the show glamourized casual sex when they had 4 women who all had different approaches and interpretations to love and relationships. How can you focus on just Samantha's character when you had 3 other women who for the most part, wanted and embraced monogamous relationships? Samantha's character was a reflection of a woman's reality that she has the prerogative to do what she wants with her body and while your labels may be hypocritical, Samantha's character refused to feel ashamed because society decided that she shouldn't be allowed to enjoy sex.

I really enjoyed Reiner's segment. I thought his perspective was well balanced in speaking about the media. I'm actually glad Meghan asked the question she did because it debunks the many Roseanne supporters who say that the lack of free speech today is the reason why a show like Roseanne gets cancelled while All in the Family is seen as a classic. Archie may have be ignorant and bigotry, but his character was there for the purpose of a greater message. To my knowledge, the man who played it didn't go around doing TV interviews espousing racist and bigotry. THAT is the difference between the two.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Just on a shallow note, all of that platinum hair and pale skin make Meghan look like a white blob next to the other ladies. Girl needs to darken the hair a bit... 

sometimes her roots show a kind of ash blonde, I wonder if that would be her natural color.  It would certainly soften her overall look to go with a less harsh, darker shade of blonde, and then some lighter blonde highlights.  and maybe  softer eye makeup, like browns instead of black.  I guess I think a softer look might make her appear more approachable, less harsh.  Can't do much about the personality, though. 

I do not like Sunny's highlights these days.  I like her hair darker, with more subtle highlights.  what she has now looks cheap. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I really enjoyed Reiner's segment. I thought his perspective was well balanced in speaking about the media. I'm actually glad Meghan asked the question she did because it debunks the many Roseanne supporters who say that the lack of free speech today is the reason why a show like Roseanne gets cancelled while All in the Family is seen as a classic. Archie may have be ignorant and bigotry, but his character was there for the purpose of a greater message. To my knowledge, the man who played it didn't go around doing TV interviews espousing racist and bigotry. THAT is the difference between the two.

Carroll O'Connor was the opposite of the character he played.   

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, backformore said:

It would certainly soften her overall look to go with a less harsh, darker shade of blonde, and then some lighter blonde highlights.

As someone who only recently discovered hair streaking -- at an age when I can get the senior discount at Denny's! (that made my father INSANE) -- I think so many women are benefited by it. I look at the hair around the table now and see how it enhances Joy's hair. I agree, Sunny's are too blonde these days. I think the problem is "monochromatic" hair in Meghan. Platinum blonde is not a great look on many women. She would do well with low-lights, something to break up the all-blonde all-the-time thing she has going. Sarah I'm giving a pass because pregnant and nursing moms shouldn't use hair dye; it's fascinating to me to see her natural color.

That concludes the shallow part of my commentary today.

• Love 6

Someone needs to SHUT MEGHAN DOWN!   She was incredibly rude to Joy today.  It's unprofessional and, as far as I'm concerned--unforgiveable.  If she can't control her temper while she's ON television, what is she like every day?

She takes everything and anything as a personal affront/attack and then she (as President Trump continually brags) "hits ten times harder."

Pleeze, Mickey Mouse, do you have the power to get her a different job in your corporation?

Very truly yours,

Pissed OFF!

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Pleeze, Mickey Mouse, do you have the power to get her a different job in your corporation?

Very truly yours,

Pissed OFF!

huh?  what?  If I had power I'd fire her ass! 

Mickey (also pissed off) 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, backformore said:

I do not like Sunny's highlights these days.  I like her hair darker, with more subtle highlights.  what she has now looks cheap. 

I'm so distracted by the extensions that seem to "grow" longer every week that I don't even notice the color.  She's looking ridiculous.  If she continues to get longer extensions, she'll be able to go as Lady Godiva for Halloween.   The View needs to hire a different stylist for Sunny.  She needs different/shorter hair, better make-up for her coloring, and completely different wardrobe.  Her shoes are generally nice.

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

So that's my theory as to why Meghan was unrelentingly ugly and priggish and in attack-dog mode on today's show

Perfect description!  Thanks, ChicagoCita.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

huh?  what?  If I had power I'd fire her ass! 

Mickey (also pissed off) 

I was thinking of one of those clean-up jobs after the Electric Light Parade...you know the people in the white jumpsuits with the "scoopers"--in case her contract requires that she remain employed for a certain period.

• Love 7

She was incredibly rude to Joy today. 

Not just rude, which is bad enough, but condescending as if she was deigning to grant the benefit of her vast experience to some naive twit.

Joy, being the adult in the equation, showed remarkable restraint.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I wanted to see Rob Reiner, but I'm having a hard time stomaching this show of late (wonder why?).  I'll have to find some clips.  

• Love 4

Was Whoopie on today, cause Friday is generally my favorite day because of Joy, but if MM is even nastier to Joy than usual, I'll just erase it. Advise old wise friends. Thanks. Oh, and even though I haven't seen today's show....just shut the fuck up Meghan.  Byeeeeeeeeee. 

• Love 8