Type keyword(s) to search

Flight Logs: Manifest in the Media

• Start Topic

Sweet Tooth, Manifest Top Latest U.S. Streaming Ranking — Loki Delivers Most Watched MCU Series Debut
Matt Webb Mitovich   July 8, 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/08/streaming-ratings-sweet-tooth-manifest-lucifer-loki/ 

Manifest, whose first two seasons hit Netflix on June 10, placed second with 1.11 billion minutes viewed. (NBC cancelled the supernatural/family drama last month, and though early feelers for a new streaming home came up empty, series creator Jeff Rake is still trying to finance and find a home for a two-hour wrap-up movie.)

(edited)

Manifest Falls Shy of Netflix Record, Ties 2nd-Longest Streak Atop 'Top 10'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 10 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/10/manifest-on-netflix-second-longest-streak-top-10-popularity/ 

The recently cancelled Manifest seemingly set a flight plan for breaking a record for Netflix popularity… but ultimately had to settle for a very honorable mention.

Shortly after the release of its first two (of three) seasons to the streaming service, the supernatural-tinged family drama debuted on Netflix’s daily “Top 10” module at No. 2, then soon enough rose to the top spot. There, Manifest remained for 27 straight days — but said streak ended on Saturday morning, when Netflix’s own Virgin River, on the heels of its Season 3 release, bumped the NBC castoff down a peg.

Manifest thus ties Netflix’s Tiger King for the second-longest run at No. 1; only Netflix’s own Ginny & Georgia has proven (a bit) more consistently popular, having spent a record 29 straight days at No. 1.

Also of note: Manifest is the only third-party series to spend more than a week in the Top 10 since Lucifer, which was cancelled by Fox and has lived on Netflix since Season 4.
As reported this week, Manifest‘s first two seasons placed second on Nielsen’s U.S. streaming ranking for the week of June 3, amassing 1.11 billion minutes viewed (trailing only Netflix‘s Sweet Tooth adaptation).

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Manifest Falls Shy of Netflix Record, Ties 2nd-Longest Streak Atop 'Top 10'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 10 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/10/manifest-on-netflix-second-longest-streak-top-10-popularity/ 

...Manifest thus ties Netflix’s Tiger King for the second-longest run at No. 1...

Seems fitting and in appropriate company.
   Disclaimer: I have never watched and never will watch Tiger King.
If Netflix wanted to offer a trial package of 3 series, they could throw in Athena Karkanis' earlier series of equal scifi hijinx drama, Zoo, another show I thoroughly enjoyed half-heartedly hate watching.
It would be a veritable thruple of shows made in crazy pants heaven.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, shapeshifter said:

Disclaimer: I have never watched and never will watch Tiger King.

Same here.

I quit Manifest during the second season. I'll usually tell my daughter about shows I come across if they're good but didn't tell her about this show because I was having a hard time staying as long as I did. The funny thing is yesterday she sent me a text telling about this show called Manifest on Netflix. She'd only watched the first episode and wanted to let me know it might be something I might like. I had to give her the bad news. But since this show is as popular on Netflix as it is I don't know why they don't do one more season to close out the show. 

• Love 1

While I thought it was nice they were getting a lot of fan support, I figured once Netflix dropped out early, it was just wishful thinking and it would be best for everyone just to move on. 

While I still think it is a long-shot, I do again think there is a bit of a chance for another season.  I think changing their mind on a second season of the new SUV and not renewing Good Girls might factor in its favor as well.

If they do somehow save it, I kind of hope it is for a final season so we know we will get an ending and not another cancellation after a cliff-hanger season finale.

• Love 2
(edited)

'Manifest' Creator Jeff Rake Talks Social Media & The Future Of The Show
Rick Ellis    July 20, 2021 
http://allyourscreens.com/en/component/k2/item/1182-manifest-creator-jeff-rake-talks-social-media-the-future-of-the-show 

Can you talk at all about where the fate of Manifest stands right now? You're still out there pushing it on social media as if it was the second episode of season one. You must have some optimism that something might happen with the show?
[Jeff Rake:]
One of my favorite movies is Field Of Dreams, and we both remember the mantra, "If you build it, they will come." So there is a little bit of reckless optimism going on here, and I have just set out to keep the conversation alive. A lot of the actors, as well as a number of fans have been engaging in the conversation with me. I have seen enough Cinderella story endings over the years with other shows. A show is canceled, and then due to overwhelming popularity in reruns or a platform or social media engagement, either a third-party studio or a third-party network stepped in and created a number of new episodes or a movie or kept the show going. I've seen it happen often enough that I have to ask myself, "Why not Manifest?" Here we are a month, almost five weeks after the cancelation announcement, and more people than ever are watching the show.

All I can report from Hollywood is that the incredible support and enthusiasm for the show has been noticed and has resulted in some conversations. I know that NBC is aware of the interest. I know they've taken notice. Obviously, Netflix is aware. They've taken notice. And other people have taken notice. We have taken several calls discussing financing assistance. These are companies that produce television and movies and music, and they've reached out to us and sat down with us and had a serious conversation about figuring out how we could keep the show going.

I can't speak to it any more specifically than that. Other than I know it is being noticed. I know conversations are happening. Whether or not that will result in the tangible result I'm hoping for - additional episodes, a finale movie - time will tell.

I am assuming that the cast contracts have expired at this point?
Typically when a large-scale studio production launches, the studio makes sure that they have long-term options with the actors, so they continue should the show be picked up for additional seasons, and that was the case here. The contracts expire, and there is a set expiration date, in this case, sometime around the middle of June. 

And in the weeks following the cancellation, the studio asked for the actors for a several week extension so they could shop around and see whether anyone wanted to pick up the show. And all of the actors were kind enough to do for a couple of more weeks. And then we got to a point where no one was immediately stepping up, and at this point, those contracts have expired.

So right now, those actors are out there as free agents. So that's just one more hurdle we would have to overcome should we find our partner to continue producing the show.

But here's what I do know. All the actors love the show and love working with each other. I'm in constant touch with the actors and we're all paying close attention to what's happening out there. They want to finish the story just like I do. I'm hopeful that when the time comes for us to produce something, we'll be able to get the band back together.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Matt Long (who plays Zeke) has already booked a new NBC drama pilot...

‘Manifest’s Matt Long, Marg Helgenberger, Jasmine Mathews & E.J. Bonilla Cast In ‘Getaway’ NBC Pilot
By Nellie Andreeva   July 27, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/07/matt-long-manifest-getaway-nbc-pilot-marg-helgenberger-jasmine-mathews-ej-bonilla-1234800712/ 

Amid talks about a new season of Manifest, one of the canceled NBC series’ core cast members, Matt Long, has booked a new pilot at the network but fans of the missing plane drama should not be too worried about it. Long, CSI alumna Marg Helgenberger, Jasmine Mathews (The Rookie) and E.J. Bonilla (The Old Man) are set as series regulars opposite Annie Ilonzeh in NBC drama pilot Getaway, from The Blacklist duo John Davis and John Fox and Universal TV, a division of Universal Studio Group.

I hear Long was approached about Getaway after the options on the Manifest cast expired last month and studio Warner Bros. Television ended its efforts to find a new home for the show after conversations with Netflix did not yield an agreement. The series regulars on Manifest are free to take new jobs while talks about a Season 4 of Manifest recently resumed, with both Netflix and NBC interested in renewing the drama, which has found a large new audience on the streamer.

I hear Long’s deal for Getaway is for one year so if the Getaway pilot goes to series, he could still return to Manifest if the series gets resurrected, subject to synching up dates.
Written and executive produced by JJ Bailey (Echo) and Moira Kirland (Madam Secretary), Getaway centers on a destination wedding at an isolated luxury resort that quickly descends into chaos after a group of dangerous criminals takes the island hostage. The small group of guests, led by a fearless female Army vet (Ilonzeh), will do everything they can to stay alive.

Helgenberger will play Sen. Charlotte Pierce. As a senior Democratic senator from New York, Charlotte is used to calling the shots. She’s happy to see her son, Jack (Long), settle down with his bride, Grace (Mathew), but there are darker forces at play she has yet to fully understand. Charlotte will soon have to choose between her family and the political career for which she’s worked so hard.

Long’s Jack Pierce has always gotten everything he wanted. When he fell for Grace (Mathew), he was determined to make her his wife, just as he was set on creating a professional career for himself that was separate from his mother, Sen. Charlotte Pierce (Helgenberger), and the family name.

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Good for Matt Long. It sounds like a bigger role than he had on Manifest.

I'm not sure the show has much longevity, though. How long can a show about people being held hostage last?

Interesting that Matt Long is playing another character named Jack, as he did previously on the short-lived 'Jack and Bobby' series.

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Interesting that Matt Long is playing another character named Jack, as he did previously on the short-lived 'Jack and Bobby' series.

Because of "Jack and Bobby", I sort of thought of Zeke as being really young.  So I was surprised he's actually older than the guy who plays Jared.

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Manifest saved by Netflix with 20 episode deal for a 4th and final season https://deadline.com/2021/08/manifest-saved-renewed-season-4-netflix-cast-josh-dallas-melissa-roxburgh-return-1234823691/

Course, Lucifer supposedly was going to have a final season and Netflix gave it one more

I’m actually excited! I need answers after that finale. And also just realized why they announced the news today. #828 😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
48 minutes ago, alvajon said:

Well I don’t have Netflix, so will have to rely on all the clever summaries and snarks from all you good folks :)

I don't have it either but am assuming it's not that hard or expensive to get. I will have to figure it out, so far I have resisted streaming.

• Love 1

I am glad they already told them it is the final season.  My fear was that if it was brought on to Netflix it would end on another cliffhanger and get cancelled again.  Netflix is just as bad as the networks on cancelling shows on a cliffhanger.  

Twenty episodes is about right.  I was thinking it needed to short seasons (I think six seasons totally really would have been stretching it).  This way they can do two ten episode half seasons.

I am watching season 1 now.  Interesting to see how the style of the show has changed.  There was a more family drama and the supernatural was much less of the show the first couple of episodes.   Cal obviously looks a lot younger, but was surprised how young Olive looks as well.  I can kind of see why so many people assumed that they might go somewhere with Ben and Sanvi.  For someone who was a key point to a main characters story, Lourdes really was under utilized and underdeveloped from the beginning.

It was probably a better show in the beginning, although I think the embrace the crazy of season 3 was better than season 2 or at least more entertaining.

• Love 1

I’ll admit the absurdity of the show made me lol.  It’s a funny kind of entertainment that few shows have, imo.  😆 While I’d like to see how they wrap it up, I probably won’t get Netflix for it.  I’ll see it eventually though.  

I will watch the final season (I have access to Netflix), but I didn't really care. 

I do see this as part of a trend for other shows that I hope to see continued. Unfortunately, though, it seems a show has to have quite a few seasons completed before Netflix (or Hulu, or...) will consider picking it up.

Maybe we'll finally get some answers to the burning questions about Manifest (well, maybe not burning questions, but I'm kind of curious).

-- what did Cal see outside the plane before it disappeared ?
-- where exactly did the pilot go in S1 when he disappeared in the dark lightning storm before magically reappearing in the S3 finale ? And where did his plane go ?
-- where did the woman that accompanied the pilot during his S1 disappearance go ?
-- where did the plane go when it disappeared with the pilot in the S3 finale ?
-- how did the tail of the plane not only disappear from the lab and end up in the ocean but also apparently traveled back in time ?
-- where the hell is TJ now ?  And how come Olive just ditched him.
-- is the Major really dead ?  
-- where is Lourdes now ?
-- where did Angelina take baby Hope ? 
-- Will Angelina be charged with murder ?
-- where did Cal go in order to age 5 years ?  More time travel ?  Or did he just suddenly age ?
-- are the 3 meth heads coming back ?  Please no, please no, please no.
-- and finally, who is the dick behind the incredibly vague callings ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, CCTC said:

I am glad they already told them it is the final season. 

Me too.  I don't have much faith in his "we had 6 seasons planned all along" claim, so 20 episodes is probably just about right to showcase his vague ideas without even more pointless rabbit hole diversions, while providing an actual "conclusion" (which I don't expect to be satisfying, but at least it will be fun to discuss and laugh about it).

I'm still surprised that this show actually beat its own death date.  

Edited by Camera One
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Maybe we'll finally get some answers to the burning questions about Manifest (well, maybe not burning questions, but I'm kind of curious).

-- what did Cal see outside the plane before it disappeared ?
-- where exactly did the pilot go in S1 when he disappeared in the dark lightning storm before magically reappearing in the S3 finale ? And where did his plane go ?
-- where did the woman that accompanied the pilot during his S1 disappearance go ?
-- where did the plane go when it disappeared with the pilot in the S3 finale ?
-- how did the tail of the plane not only disappear from the lab and end up in the ocean but also apparently traveled back in time ?
-- where the hell is TJ now ?  And how come Olive just ditched him.
-- is the Major really dead ?  
-- where is Lourdes now ?
-- where did Angelina take baby Hope ? 
-- Will Angelina be charged with murder ?
-- where did Cal go in order to age 5 years ?  More time travel ?  Or did he just suddenly age ?
-- are the 3 meth heads coming back ?  Please no, please no, please no.
-- and finally, who is the dick behind the incredibly vague callings ?

ottoDbusdriver--You are the best :)

• Love 3

I am happy for the fans of the show. I hope it will be a satisfying conclusion for them.

I wish Netflix had been around in the nineties when some genre shows I was into at the time were canceled on cliffhangers.

• Love 3

Jeff Rake assures viewers that "Manifest" will keep its original ending.

“It would have been stressful and would not have been ideal, but I would have figured out my way through it. Given that I've had to go through the thought exercise this summer of how to get to the original endgame in two episodes, six episodes, or nine episodes, I feel like it's an embarrassment of riches to have 20 episodes to tell the rest of the story. So yes, I have always talked about three more seasons — and part of that was chronological because it's always been my goal to get to the series finale in real-time in accordance with the five and a half years that the passengers had back — and that might have to adjust somewhat depending on how these episodes roll out. The good news is I am absolutely confident that 20 episodes give me enough time to tell the entirety of the story as I always intended to. When I've talked in the past about having a roadmap all the way to the end of the series, that didn't mean that I had a roadmap for literally every single episode. I have a roadmap with a series of twists and turns and flags in the sand that we would ultimately hit in order to tell the core stories within our mythology and within our relationship drama. So it will not be a particularly difficult exercise to overlay that same exact roadmap onto 20 episodes. It will be quite organic.”

Other comments from EW's interview with Jeff Rake...

Manifest creator on the show surviving its death date and what to expect from the final 20 episodes
By Ruth Kinane    August 31, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/manifest-creator-jeff-rake-previews-final-20-episodes/ 

Are you still figuring out how many episodes will be released at one time?
I don't think that's been decided. I don't think that's ultimately my decision. I'll certainly have those conversations with Netflix. I'll offer my opinion. I'm sure we will come together and come up with a game plan that makes the most sense for the show. The good news for the fans is that they can absolutely expect the same show that they've been watching. Netflix has been so lovely in my conversations with them so far. They've made it quite clear that they want us to keep making the same show that we've been making. The audience shouldn't be concerned that the tone of the show is going to shift, or the method of storytelling is going to shift. We're going to keep making the show that everyone fell in love with.

Are all the core cast members going to be returning?
We haven't finished those conversations yet. I am hopeful that everybody is back. As you and I are talking right now, negotiations continue. I'm cautiously optimistic that all of our favorite characters will be returning to the story.
When do you all head back into the writers' room?
The writers' room is opening up this week. I'm already having preliminary conversations with my deputies, and we'll all be officially getting in the room together — or the Zoom room together — by the end of the week. We couldn't be more excited.

Do you have any rough timeline for when production will start and when we'll have new episodes to watch?
We certainly expect to be in production this calendar year. I'm hopeful that cameras are rolling in November or December latest. We're going to work as fast as we can while still keeping an eye on quality control, because we want to get episodes to everyone as soon as possible. We also want them to be excellent. It might take a minute for a brand-new batch of episodes to show up in people's homes, but it's going to be worth the wait.

Edited by tv echo
5 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Meh. Kill off Zeke (Matt Long). Jared and Michaela are supposed to be OTP, right? But first probably have a newspaper item that Jared's ex/Michaela's former bff is married and has twins.

Holly Taylor is coming back? Ugh. Sorry, Holly. I loathe Angelina. She's like right out of a horror script, and I don't care for horror.

• Love 1

‘Manifest’: Daryl Edwards Upped To Series Regular For Season 4 On Netflix
By Denise Petski    September 10, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/09/manifest-daryl-edwards-promoted-series-regular-season-4-netflix-vance-1234829913/ 

EXCLUSIVE: We’ll be seeing more of fan favorite Vance in the upcoming fourth and final season of Manifest on Netflix. Daryl Edwards, who has recurred as NSA Director Robert Vance (aka “Vance”) since the pilot episode, has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming season of the missing plane drama.

Daryl-Edwards-Manifest.jpg

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

‘Manifest’: Daryl Edwards Upped To Series Regular For Season 4 On Netflix…   
We’ll be seeing more of fan favorite Vance in the upcoming fourth and final season of Manifest on Netflix.…

“Better late than never” or “Too little too late”?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I prefer Zeke to Jared, so this is good news to me...

‘Manifest’ Star Matt Long Excited To Continue Zeke’s Story For Netflix
By Rosy Cordero  September 12, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/09/manifest-star-matt-long-excited-season-2-netflix-1234831819/ 

Manifest fans can be sure they’ll see Zeke Landon return, though for how many episodes it’s as yet unknown.

“I will be back for some of it, we’re just trying to find out the maximum I can do,” Long said backstage at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Sunday. “I love the character in the show so much, but as you know, when the show was canceled I booked another show. It was a pilot. We don’t know what’s happening with it yet. It’s also a really awesome project. So we’re just trying to work out schedules. Everybody wants the best thing for everyone so fingers crossed it all works out for the best.”
“It’s so surreal, it just doesn’t happen, right?” Long added of the overwhelming fan support. “It’s just been the most incredible experience. I joined the show episode 12 in the first season, and from the very beginning, it’s just been one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. I love my character so much.”

He continued, “After it was canceled, it was heartbreaking. But then we got picked up by Netflix, it’s so much more than we ever could’ve dreamed of. I can’t wait to get back to it and see everybody and be part of the story again.”

Long modestly said he’s not sure what the magic behind the outpouring of support from fans but he credits the writing and the “great premise of the show.”

“I think everybody that watches it can put themselves like imagine what that might be like for themselves if they skipped five and a half years,” he continued. “Plus, Jeff Rake, the creator, has woven a really intricate, complicated mystery with characters that people can relate to. There’s a lot of different people on the show a lot of different characters from different backgrounds. It’s also word of mouth; it’s people talking to each other and their friends and family, and we just got incredibly lucky that it was us that it happened to.”

ETA: Matt Long was a presenter at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremony yesterday...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Why Netflix Really Saved ‘Manifest’ (It Wasn’t the Tweets)
BY JAMES HIBBERD    SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/why-netflix-saved-manifest-1235013937/ 

So the problem wasn’t anything that [Jeff] Rake was hearing, it was all the things he wasn’t. The show’s season four pickup still hadn’t come through and, more worrisomely, he wasn’t getting any forward-looking questions from NBC. Rake is a veteran writer-producer — his credits range from hits like Bones and Boston Legal to short-lived efforts like The Mysteries of Laura and The Tomorrow People. He had, in other words, been down this road before.

“It’s about what’s not being said,” Rake says. “The normal notes process as you transition from one season to another wasn’t happening. I wasn’t hearing much of anything from the network. I would ask my colleagues at the studio if there was anything that we could do to help, from a creative standpoint, to get to a favorable decision for future seasons of Manifest. We consistently heard back the issues on the table weren’t creative, they were financial. I think there was a lot of internal hand-wringing going on at NBC because I think they really did like the show and they were just trying to see if they could make an economic case for it. That was a tough period. There’s that old joke about the cat being on the roof and it was very clear to me the cat was on the roof.”

The dreaded confirmation call came the night of June 14. NBC had canceled Manifest. But even then, Rake already was feeling some fresh optimism. The studio was fully on board with shopping the series elsewhere, and anybody who turned on Netflix could plainly (plane-ly?) see Manifest was right there under the “Top 10” banner. The next morning, when the cancelation news broke wide, fans flooded Twitter with their support.
Yet the dealmaking was dragging out. One sticking point was that WBTV had already sold Manifest internationally in several key territories, a key stumbling block for Netflix. “What we really strive for is to have great shows available to all our members globally,” Netflix head of global TV Bela Bajaria says. “We really want all our members to have the full benefit of the service, so we wanted Warner Bros. to take the time to get all those rights globally.”
“Fan enthusiasm is always great to see, but it really isn’t the emails or tweets — it was all about the viewing,” Bajaria says. “To save a show in this way, it has to have that fan viewing. I appreciate their passion and being connected to the characters, but the viewing is the thing that saved the show.”
Rake presented Netflix executives with three different options to wrap up the show: A two-hour movie, a six-episode limited series or full season. “I gave them the small, the medium and the large,” Rake says. Naturally, he hoped the streamer would opt for the third option, and it did.

A deal for a 20-episode final season struck (“When the official call came, I’m pretty sure I broke into a happy dance,” Rake says), though some of the finer points are still being worked out. The season likely will be split into two parts, with the first probably airing in late 2022. The international territories conflict is being solved with a combination of tactics: Some foreign rights are being bought back while others are being waited out — the new episodes will not debut globally all at once but will have a staggered rollout, with some territories getting the show a little later than others.
The production also is angling for a significant budget boost that one source says is “well north” of the show’s previously reported $4 million to $5 million per-episode price tag. “It will be an increased budget,” Bajaria says. “We want them to have a good budget that feels creatively fulfilling, but it’s not finalized yet.”
Ironically, the deal also means the show’s in-story “death date” awaiting the passengers of Flight 828 and the show’s own death date — after the efforts of so many and after so many real-life twists — are starting to look as if they may fatefully coincide.

“We established early on there is a death date in our mythology of June 2, 2024, when the story has a happy or a sad or a mixed ending,” Rake says. “I walked [Netflix] through a bunch of twists and turns, I’ve always had a bunch of big flags in the sand — things that would happen along the way. But the excellent news is that they’re now going to be able to see them all play out in real time, because the 20 episodes that I have been gifted allows me to take the entire roadmap that I already had planned out in front of me and overlay that over these 20 episodes. Fundamentally, I’m going to be able to continue telling the story that I was always going to tell.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

‘Getaway’ Drama Pilot Not Going Forward At NBC, Freeing Up ‘Manifest’s Matt Long & ‘All Rise’s Marg Helgenberger
By Nellie Andreeva  October 8, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/10/getaway-drama-pilot-dead-nbc-manifest-matt-long-all-rise-marg-helgenberger-1234853134/ 

EXCLUSIVE: NBC has opted not to proceed with its drama pilot Getaway. Headlined by Annie Ilonzeh, it starred two leads of recently canceled broadcast series that have since been resurrected, Manifest’s Matt Long and All Rise‘s Marg Helgenberger. Both actors are now available to do other shows, including their old ones, which both have been picked up for 20 episodes. Meanwhile, NBC’s other drama pilot, Dangerous Moms, remains in contention.

I hear Long is in talks about rejoining Manifest as a series regular though it is unclear if a deal will be reached. The missing plane drama was picked up for a fourth season by Netflix in August following its cancellation by NBC.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

I don't think this is a spoiler...

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago P.D., Yellowstone, Gossip Girl, Wonder Years, L&O: OC, Manifest, La Brea and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 23 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/11/23/chicago-pd-spoilers-atwater-yellowstone-beth-jamie/ 

Now that NBC has passed on Getaway, will Matt Long’s availability allow him to be a main cast member again for Manifest Season 4? –Ashley
I delivered your Q to Manifest creator Jeff Rake, and he is “delighted to report” that Matt Long indeed will return to the show, “allowing Zeke to complete his Manifest journey just as originally intended.”

Manifest is a 2021 EMA Green Seal recipient...

Environmental Media Association (EMA) Green Seal 2021
https://www.green4ema.org/ema-green-seal-production

The EMA Green Seal is a recognition program honoring progress in sustainable production for movies, television shows (animated and live action) filmed commercials and print advertising.
The Program rating is determined on a scale of 200 points. A minimum threshold of 75 points must be obtained in order to receive EMA Green Seal recognition. We have also introduced the EMA Gold Seal for projects that score 125 points and more. All projects that reach this threshold receive our EMA Gold Seal label. The rating is based on a self-assessment by the production company on how well it complies with the Program criteria developed by EMA and the sustainability departments of major studio Board members.

Edited by tv echo

While promoting her new Fox TV show Pivoting, Ginnifer Goodwin made the following comment about her husband Josh Dallas' show Manifest...

Ginnifer Goodwin: Pivoting
BY ERIN WALSH   Jan 11, 2022
http://www.sbjctjournal.com/2022/01/11/ginnifer-goodwin/

EW What makes you excited about the coming year?

GG I adore MANIFEST, but I’m ready for my husband to come home from NYC. He’ll wrap the series in late 2022 and we are craving a vacation. And until the above time comes, I want to figure out how to grow vegetables in our garden; it’s been failure-after-failure for me in this area. And I’m working on shifting my mentality from Fitness for My Career to Fitness for Well-Being. I also need a digital detox.

ETA: Pivoting is filmed in California, while Manifest is filmed in New York.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Manifest season 4 scoop: Josh Dallas directing an episode of the final season
by Reed Gaudens    2 days ago
https://netflixlife.com/2022/02/18/manifest-season-4-scoop-josh-dallas-directing-episode/

While we’re used to seeing the charming actor in front of the camera as the fearlessly determined Ben Stone in Manifest, Josh Dallas will be stepping behind the camera and sitting in the director’s chair for at least one episode of season 4.
On Friday, Feb. 18, Roxburgh shared a snap of Dallas sitting in what we can only assume is the director’s chair, looking over the script for the episode. And he’s obviously pulling double duty in the episode as actor and director with his Ben Stone hair on fall display.
According to IMDb, this will be Dallas’ first foray into directing. We would have loved to have seen his vision for an episode of Once Upon a Time, which he starred in with on-screen and real-life wife Ginnifer Goodwin for 135 episodes, but it’s fate for his first directing job to be Manifest.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1