Type keyword(s) to search

Flight Logs: Manifest in the Media

• Start Topic

Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS Crossover, 9-1-1, NCIS: LA, Legacies, The Flash, Wheel of Time, Riverdale and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 16 2022,
https://tvline.com/2022/03/16/911-spoilers-buck-spring-premiere/

Any news on when Netflix will air the final Manifest season? –Marie
Due to be delivered in multiple parts (of a quantity and frequency TBD!), the supernatural drama’s farewell flight is on track to take off “late this year.”

(edited)

Manifest season 4 first footage sees Michaela chase a calling
By Nick Romano   Jun 6, 2022
https://ew.com/tv/manifest-season-4-footage-michaela-chases-calling/ 

You might say we all got a calling during Netflix's Geeked Week kick-off on Monday, and it took the form of the first footage from the fourth and final season of Manifest.

Josh Dallas, who stars in the drama as Ben Stone, made an appearance during the virtual Netflix event to show off a clip from the new batch of 20 episodes, which will be split into two equal parts.

In his message, Dallas would only tease the premiere is "coming soon to Netflix," but a specific date is still under wraps.

Manifest Season 4 | Geeked Week Sneak Peek | Netflix
Netflix   Jun 6, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Netflix’s Drama Head Jinny Howe Expands Role, Talks ‘Partner Track’, ‘Manifest’, ‘Virgin River’ Future & More Romance With ‘Ransom Canyon
By Nellie Andreeva   August 23, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/netflix-drama-series-jinny-howe-interview-virgin-river-partner-track-manifest-random-canyon-1235095999/ 

There has been no official information yet on the new season of Manifest but 828 Day, named after the flight from the series, is coming up this weekend. In was on 8/28 last year that Netflix announced the missing plane drama’s resurrection following its cancellation by NBC. Howe would not confirm whether a premiere date news and/trailer will drop then, but indicated “a couple of announcements” are coming “very soon.”

“I think Manifest is a really fun show that has so many different entry points and such a great ensemble of characters,” Howe said. “It might be a show that you wouldn’t have normally expected from Netflix drama, but for us, it just feels like a best-in-class, hybrid, character driven-procedural show. For me, the thing that I really love is watching how many different conversations, fans spending all the time talking about how the show’s going to end, and how people go back and re-watch for clues; all of that is really a lot of fun and I think really drives more and more people to watch the show.”

• Useful 1

The tagline is "Make the Final Connection"?  Seriously?  This is "Manifest"... I'm pretty sure no one is expecting anything to connect on any level in these 20 episodes.

Edited by Camera One
  • LOL 4

‘Manifest’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date, Teaser Trailer On Netflix
By Nellie Andreeva  August 28, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/manifest-season-4-premiere-date-netflix-1235101686/ 

Here are details about the plot of Season 4: Two years after the brutal murder of Grace turned their lives upside down, the Stone family is in shambles as a devastated Ben continues to mourn his wife and search for his kidnapped daughter, Eden. Consumed by his grief, Ben has stepped down from his role as co-captain of the lifeboat, leaving Michaela to captain it alone, a near impossible feat with the passengers’ every move now being monitored by a government registry. As the Death Date draws closer and the passengers grow desperate for a path to survival, a mysterious passenger arrives with a package for Cal that changes everything they know about Flight 828 and will prove to be the key to unlocking the secret of the Callings in this compelling, mind-bending, and deeply emotional journey.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

"Consumed by his grief, Ben has stepped down from his role as co-captain of the lifeboat, leaving Michaela to captain it alone"
The lifeboat -- they are still sticking with that.
Now that is funny.

Not anymore it's not. 
Le sigh.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The lifeboat -- they are still sticking with that.

I don't even remember what the lifeboat is anymore. They practically need to offer a class on the nonsensical plot thus far prior to the new season.  I guess we can rely on the inevitably clunky expositional dialogue.  Michaela: "But Ben, the lifeboat... (insert summary here)"  

• Love 2

‘Manifest’ Season 4 Will Take Off This Fall
By Ruth Kinane    Aug 28, 2022
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/manifest-season-4-release-date 

“When you turn on the next episode, it’s two years later, and not only is Ben still deeply in the depths of depression and trauma over the loss of his wife, but you’ll of course recall that that was only half the tragedy,” series creator Jeff Rake tells Tudum. “The other half was the kidnapping of his infant daughter and tragically, two years later, she’s still missing.”

While Ben crawls his way out of “the terrible and torturous hole that he’s plunged himself into,” Cal is trying to figure out where he’s been and why. “There’s sort of an amnesia there, and it’ll take these episodes and adventures that he’s put on throughout this journey to piece it back together,” says Rake. “And that’s just on the mythological side. On the emotional side, he looks like he’s a grownup, but psychologically, he’s still a little boy.”

About that mythological side, Season 4 promises to unpack more of the overarching mystery of what really happens to the passengers during the moment of turbulence and why they’ve been chosen to experience callings ever since. “As exhausting and crazy-making as these callings [are] and the responsibility of being an 828er is, it’s not just about them,” says Rake. “The interconnectedness of all of us, and how small actions can have implications that cascade outward and touch the whole world is what the show is about.”

Fight and Flight: ‘Manifest’ Cast and Creator Talk Landing at Netflix for Season 4
By Ruth Kinane     Aug 30, 202
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/manifest-season-4-melissa-roxburgh-josh-dallas-interview 

Though the cast and crew were ecstatic to see the show take flight once more, the on-screen mood isn’t quite as joyous when we pick back up for the 10-episode first half of Season 4, which premieres on Nov. 4. (The final 10 episodes will launch on a later date.) In the Season 3 finale, troubled passenger Angelina (Holly Taylor) murders Ben’s wife, Grace (Athena Karkanis), and kidnaps Ben and Grace’s baby, Eden. “It’s just total devastation for Ben,” says Dallas. Despite a two-year time jump between seasons, Ben’s healing process has made little progress. (He’s also had time to grow what’s known on set as "Ben’s grief beard.”) “He’s left with a profound anger, a void where he’s lost himself,” explains Dallas. “And the thing about anger is that it begs to stick around. It robs you of your beauty, and you end up hurting the people that love you. He really checks out from the people that are still around him — and from the ‘callings.’ He’s done with them. In his mind, they’ve not given him anything.” 
But as we know, ignoring the “callings” isn’t really an option. Not only do they physically affect those experiencing them, but not following them can lead to far-reaching and catastrophic consequences. With Ben solely focused on finding his missing daughter and “wandering his own prison of grief,” as Dallas puts it, Michaela finds herself shouldering the responsibility of both passenger and aunt — not to mention still holding down one point of an agonizing love triangle. “She steps in as the parent to everyone,” says Roxburgh. “Because Ben is so zoned in on his own stuff, she takes over that role; her whole thing is making sure that the passengers are safe now.” 

Ben isn’t the only one feeling up in the air. After disappearing and reappearing five years older, in the space of one day during the Season 3 finale, Ben’s son, Cal (now played by Ty Doran), is trying to piece together where he went, why he’s aged physically but not psychologically and how he fits into the passengers’ ongoing journey. “He knows where he’s been — fundamentally, he understands,” says Rake. “But the why of it, the details of it, he’s going to have to put that together piecemeal.” And that’s just on the mythological side. “From a psychological place, he blames himself for so much of what happened at the end of last season — and problematically and painfully, his dad sort of blames him as well,” says the creator. Since Cal was the one to let Angelina back into the family home after Grace kicked her out, his return trip comes with some pretty heavy baggage. “Ben can’t help but have this complicated feeling of ‘you did it’ toward his son,” says Dallas. “And that’s really, really rough.”
So will we finally find out where the airplane went when it disappeared? Or if the passengers died and have been resurrected? And whether the actions of one passenger can ruin everything for everyone? “It’s a freight train moving toward that answer,” says Dallas, introducing a different mode of transport metaphor, while Rake promises answers to the overarching, tangled threads. “The underlying thematic message of the show has always surrounded the interconnectedness of all of us, and how small actions of a group of people can have implications that cascade outward and touch the whole world,” he adds. “That’s the story that I set out to tell, and we’re going to continue telling exactly that story.” (Albeit with some “light language” now that the show’s no longer on network TV.)

But fans should buckle up come Nov. 4, because the stakes are about to get even higher. “It’s going to become increasingly clear to the passengers that the ‘callings’ are somehow divinely sourced and this is not just about them,” says Rake. “This is either a gift or a burden — an opportunity to wake up the world and realize that it is all connected and that we all need to be better if we want to keep living in this world.”

Manifest will be at PaleyFest NY 2022 in October...
https://www.paleycenter.org/events/pfny-2022/

October 11 • 7:00 pm
Manifest
Featuring a Special Preview Screening Selected for this Event by the Producers followed by a conversation and Q&A.

Melissa Roxburgh
Josh Dallas
J.R. Ramirez
Luna Blaise
Ty Doran
Parveen Kaur
Matt Long
Holly Taylor
Daryl Edwards
Jeff Rake

Edited by tv echo

Manifest will also be at NY Comic Con in October...

Manifest destiny: How a canceled NBC drama came back from the dead
By Nick Romano    September 15, 2022
https://ew.com/tv/how-manifest-came-back-from-the-dead-season-4-netflix/ 

Series creator Jeff Rake received a text message from Roxburgh in May 2021, a few days after the broadcast TV network gave them the axe. It was a trailer for Manifest, now available to watch on the streaming platform. "She said, 'What is this?' I had no idea," Rake tells EW. "No one had ever mentioned a thing to me about Manifest premiering on Netflix. The rest of my executive producers had no idea, studio executives I worked with had no idea, nobody in my orbit knew."

Neither did actor Josh Dallas, who plays Michaela's brother, Ben Stone. "We had the devastation and the shock of being canceled, and then this groundswell of people finding the show for the first time in many cases on Netflix," he says. That groundswell kept growing and growing and growing until, as has happened only a handful of times in Hollywood, Manifest was uncanceled. Following the show's newfound ratings success on Netflix, with a boost from a fervent fan-driven social media campaign, the streaming platform decided to give the drama one more season, split into two parts, to give the story a proper conclusion. Even now, as Rake and Dallas are in the midst of filming the back half of the new 20-episode arc, the cast and crew are still in awe.
"I've been treating it as two seasons. That is to say, we were gifted 20 episodes, which are being characterized to the world as Season 4, Part 1 [and] Season 4, Part 2," Rake says. The first 10 episodes comprising Part 1 will premiere on Netflix Nov. 4. A premiere for Part 2 has not been announced. "I just decided, for my purposes, that I was going to treat the story as if we had been gifted two 10-episode seasons."
The family story of the Stones dealing with the events of the season 3 finale comprises most of Part 1, Rake states. "The aftermath of that tragedy and how it has impacted every member of that family, their journey battling between desire for vengeance and attempting to get their head around the idea of forgiveness and healing is really at the center." He also notes, "There's an entirely different aspect of this block of episodes that is steeped in the scientific and mythological" that he wants to leave as a surprise. "The tonic" to the dark arc, he says, is "a really sexy and exhilarating mythological story." Rake, however, does assert that season 4 will feel more urgent for the characters.
Rake acknowledges it's "very thematic" for Manifest, a show grappling with religious questions and the world beyond, to come back from the dead. The architect's plans for the show at large have changed — he might even be thinking about the story's flow differently given the new format of dropping 10 episodes at once — but he doesn't feel anything has been compromised. "We're going to finish exactly where we always were going to finish," he vows. "It's just a little tighter in the middle, but sometimes there's a great benefit as a storyteller. It's forced us to avoid meandering and really focus on being as suspenseful as we can be, make our relationships as juicy as they can be, make our mythology as tantalizing as it can be."

As he speaks from his production office in New York, the crew is filming episode 16 out of 20 and the writers' room has officially closed. Rake takes a moment to reflect on this journey. "It's incredibly surreal for me to have the opportunity to finish what we started," he remarks. "I doubt anything like this will happen again in my career."

• Love 1

You can watch the full Manifest panel from New York Comic Con (on Oct. 8, 2022) here...
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/videos/nycc-mainfest-full-panel 

-- Showrunner Jeff Rake: "It's two years later in our story. ... And yet Baby Eden is still missing. Still missing... And that leaves Ben, of course, in a really dark place."
Josh Dallas: "Yeah, he's in a really dark, complicated place at the beginning of Season 4.... He's sort of stuck in this grief pit and this profound anger... You end up pushing the people that you love the most away. ... He also pushes the Callings away. As far as he's concerned, they have given him nothing. They've only taken. ... He is fully, fully absorbed with trying to find Eden. ... (Mod asked about personal grooming) None... It's grief beard all the way."

-- Melissa Roxburgh: "Her task is now kinda filling [Ben's] shoes... They co-captained the Lifeboat, but now she's kinda doing it on her own. So there's a lot of tension, honestly, between the two of them. In a way, she understands what he is going through, but she's got a lot on her plate now."

-- When asked about the love triangle, Melissa: "Oh, that is not gone. And that plays all throughout the season. So don't you worry."

-- When asked about the state of Zeke's powers this season, Matt Long: "Well, ... two years have passed and his empathic abilities have continued to evolve, so much so that it's really sort of his identity now. And I don't think he really knows who he is without it. And it's a really dangerous position to be in. I'll just tease you with that."

-- When asked about Jared's place at the start of this season, J. R. Ramirez: "Jared needs new friends... Jared got demoted because of the Stones... He is not a detective any more. Now he is back to being a lieutenant, working as a police officer. ... Because of the two-year span, I think he really took some time to kinda work on his feelings with a particular person, because he's very light - he's got a sense of lightness this season that I really - in the midst of everything going on - I feel like hasn't been there... It makes me feel like he took the time to really work on himself and move on from the situation. And, you know, this family is his family... So he's there, getting in trouble and making sure, you know, that he helps them along the way. ... It's complex and complicated... Even the relationship with Zeke - Jared and Zeke - this year is really refreshing, the way they brought it together."

-- When asked if Saanvi gets a love interest in the near future, Parveen Kaur: "I mean, Saanvi loves her work, that's for sure. Saanvi is always science-ing something, somewhere. Um, it's complicated."
Jeff Rake: "In regards to that last question, as the writer, I always say, 'wait for it.'"

-- When asked where we see Saanvi at the start of this season (since she used to work a lot with Ben), Parveen Kaur: "We are going to see her working very closely with Vance, kinda hidden away, doing what she does best. Trying to figure out what the heck happened."

-- When asked how Olive is doing having a different brother back, Luna Blaise: "It's a rocky start, I'll say that. You'll see in episode 1. I kinda blame him for like everything, a little bit. I'm really confused. ... Olive is just trying to be mother of the house... since that role has been taken away from us."

-- When asked how we learn about what happened during those two years, Jeff Rake: "There's a lot of flashbacks in this first run of ten episodes. And we spread them out over the course of 10. ... Pretty much everybody gets their own episode. I know we started that way and I think we held true to that all the way through the 10. So when you watch this first block, you'll be caught up, episode by episode, on everyone's story. And by the time you get through to the 10th episode, you'll understand what happened to everyone all the way through that two-year period... It's pretty dramatic, as you get caught up, person by person."

--  When asked about Cal and his relationship with his father, Ty Doran: "Cal, he's going through a lot at the start... I mean, it's been two years, but he comes back. Um, supposed to have all the answers. He's in an older body. Same brain. His mother has been killed. His father is growing his grief beard and seems to care more about that than him and his well-being... He, himself, can't go outside... or be himself, because what a crazy thing that would be for Cal to have aged up... So his whole life is a secret... He just wants to help so badly, but can't figure out how to like put the pieces together... He can't figure out how to solve this great mystery, fix his relationship with his dad, bring his mom back, make it all worth it. That's what he's really struggling with at the top. It's a big source of tension between us.."
Josh Dallas: "Weirdly, I think they're kinda in the same headspace. They both don't know how to connect with one another. And they're trying. But there are things that are stopping them from doing that. And I think a big part of it is Ben, somewhere deep down, blames him for Grace's death. And that's a really complicated place to live and try to find your way out of... or find your way into. ... As their relationship carries on through Season 4 and certainly through the end of the first part, I think you'll start to see it evolve and change into something different and hopefully something better and stronger."

-- When asked what Vance is doing at the start of the season, Daryl Edwards: "Doing what Vance does. He's investigating. And it's great, because every season you find Vance in a new lair, shall we say. Uh, this season - just to tease it a little bit - it's called the Bird's Nest... Again, it's just an amazing location. And it's wonderful to be with Saanvi... and their relationship evolves. Just think about all the good things and all the bad things that happen between a father and a daughter when they love each other and a father who fired his daughter last season. And it's great being a wingman for Ben. And it's great getting scenes with people I've never had scenes with before. ... You'll find out a little bit more about Vance's personal life... Everybody, you find out more about who they are... It's sort of an emotional rollercoaster for each and every character." Later in the panel, he said: "Vance has some personal turmoil in his life."

-- When asked if she sees Angelina as a villain or just misunderstood, Holly Taylor: "She just keeps doing bad things. So I kinda can't use that anymore. Like, I think she is a little evil. But, at the same time, you know, like, she thinks she's doing the right thing, genuinely. And that's what's made it interesting to play this character. ... She has good intentions deep down, but she's just going about it all the wrong way and doesn't have anyone to guide her and help her. So, yeah, she needs help."

-- When asked about what's changed going from broadcast TV to Netflix, Jeff Rake said that they have a lot more flexibility about the length of each episode (they don't all have to be the same length, they don't have to cut to commercials).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Darn it, I guess the problem with all the episodes being released all at once is it's really easy to accidentally click on a spoiler.  I was on Google News and thought an article was about last season's finale, but it was about this one.  😭

The Cast of 'Manifest' Discusses The Epic Final Season | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly    Nov 11, 2022

The Cast Of 'Manifest' Plays EW's Co Star Game | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly    Nov 11, 2022

Manifest's Return Tops Nielsen Streaming Chart, Andor Exits Top 10
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/01/manifest-season-4-nielsen-streaming-top-10-chart/ 

Manifest topped Nielsen’s latest U.S. ranking of streaming originals with the release of the first half of its final season.

The NBC-turned-Netflix drama amassed nearly 1.4 billion minutes viewed across its 52-episode library during the week of Oct. 31, followed by Netflix’s Love Is Blind (up two spots with 1.2 billion minutes viewed/38 total episodes).

Nielsen notes that three-quarters of the Manifest audience was evenly split (25% each) across the 18-34, 35-49 and 50-64 age groups, and two-thirds of its viewers are female.

13 hours ago, tv echo said:

Manifest's Return Tops Nielsen Streaming Chart, Andor Exits Top 10
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 1 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/01/manifest-season-4-nielsen-streaming-top-10-chart/ 

Huh.
[shapeshifter adds to her ever-burgeoning list of ideas for new PrimeTimer Awards category suggestions: "Most Shockingly High Ratings" (or something like that)]

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

2022 in Review: The 25 Most Heartbreaking TV Character Deaths
By Team TVLine / December 8 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-deaths-2022-major-characters-dead-photos/dr-alan-strauss-the-patient/ 

Zeke, Manifest
We knew a death was coming, but we didn’t expect this one! With Cal on his final breath, it seemed like the aged-up teen would succumb to leukemia after making peace with his fate. But then Zeke, who’d been previously saved by Cal, returned the favor by using his empathetic powers to absorb the disease. That heroic sacrifice left us — and his wife Michaela — in shambles.

Date of Death: Nov. 4, 2022

Soaring Manifest Again Tops Nielsen Streaming Top 10, But Is Nearly Dethroned by The Crown
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 9 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/09/manifest-tops-nielsen-streaming-top-10-week-november-7/ 

Manifest topped Nielsen’s U.S. ranking of streaming originals for a second straight week since the release of its final season (Part 1) — though the Queen is closing in.

For the week of Nov. 7, Netflix’s Manifest amassed 2.3 billion viewing minutes across 52 total episodes, up 67% week-to-week. With the release of its fifth season, Netflix’s The Crown tallied a hair over 2.1 billion minutes across 50 total episodes, to place a close second.

Manifest stars Parveen Kaur and Daryl Edwards react to season 4 part 1, talk end of series (Interview)
by Aysha Ashley Househ   posted 2 weeks ago
https://netflixlife.com/2022/12/06/manifest-stars-parveen-kaur-daryl-edwards-react-season-4-part-1-talk-end-series-interview/ 

Ali Lopéz-Sohaili: Manifest has been “life-changing,” season 4, and more (Interview)
by Aysha Ashley Househ    posted 4 days ago
https://netflixlife.com/2022/12/23/ali-lopez-sohaili-manifest-life-changing-season-4-interview/ 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Manifest | Final Episodes | Date Announcement | Netflix
Netflix  Apr 7, 2023

Manifest Season 4, Part 2: Release Date for Final Episodes Set at Netflix — Watch the Teaser
By Keisha Hatchett / April 7 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/04/07/manifest-season-4-part-2-series-finale-release-date-netflix/ 

In the aftermath of Angelina unleashing a devastating volcanic fissure, Part 2 finds the passengers facing “severe scrutiny in a world fueled by 828er hate, no longer free to solve their own Callings without constant supervision by the unscrupulous 828 Registry,” per the official synopsis. “A mysterious accident delivers ominous warnings on a biblical scale that will further jeopardize the livelihood of all the passengers.”

As Michaela grieves her late husband Zeke, she will “team up with her old flame Jared to find new methods to investigate Callings.” Meanwhile, “Ben and Saanvi attempt to collaborate with the Registry authorities, which only leads to dire results for the passengers.” Plus, a mythological event “reactivates Cal’s sapphire-laden dragon scar, offering a glimmer of hope for the 828ers to survive the rapidly approaching Death Date. But Angelina’s nefarious sapphire powers continue to wreak havoc, leading to a struggle between good and evil down to their very last day.”

While Zeke might be dead, showrunner Jeff Rake previously told TVLine that his passing “doesn’t necessarily prevent two lovers like Michaela and Zeke somehow finding a way to communicate with each other.”

The Manifest boss noted that the final batch of episodes pick up a “number of months” later, with Michaela and Jared contemplating whether to rekindle things. “Jared will have been respectful, and then the question raised [is], ‘How much time does one have to wait before moving on?’” Rake teased. “That will be a question that both Michaela and Jared ask themselves.”

Josh Dallas, meanwhile, alluded to a potential romance for Ben in the final episodes, after Grace’s shocking death at the end of Season 3. “As we go forward in the story, you start to see the old Ben come back more, although changed from this journey that he’s gone on,” Dallas said in a previous interview. “I think his heart does start to open.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Manifest's first look at its final episodes warns 'the world is ending and we know when'
By Nick Romano  April 07, 2023
https://ew.com/tv/manifest-finale-season-4-photos-teaser-premiere/ 

Rake told EW that the final episodes are "much more about the community of 828 passengers."

"We'll be focused every episode on that larger community throughout the second block all the way up to the Death Date," he explained. "It used to be 191 passengers. We've lost a few along the way. Now, will Ben and Michaela and Cal and Olive [Luna Blaise] be at the center of that? They will be. We've talked about Ben and Michaela being the co-captains of the lifeboat of these passengers, and this final block will allow us to showcase them in that role more than ever, because they'll be interacting with that community of passengers every day, every episode."

Edited by tv echo

Luna Blaise and Alfie Allen on Sincerity, Sacrifice, and Self-Tapes
By Alfie Allen    April 24, 2023
https://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/luna-blaise-and-alfie-allen-on-sincerity-sacrifice-self-tapes 

ALLEN: I mean, the final season of Manifest is about to debut. How do you feel about that massive part of your life coming to an end?

BLAISE: It’s crazy. I signed a seven-year contract, we filmed continuously for four years. And then Manifest was canceled on NBC, and I had made my peace with that. But then Netflix picked it up for this last season, and we really did everything for the fans. It’s a great ending. And even though it’s really hard, I feel like I can finally wipe my hands clean and move forward. 

ALLEN: Totally. It’s an exciting time, but also slightly kind of nerve-wracking. I mean, I always found it quite interesting signing up to a big show and meeting these people who are total strangers, but knowing that they’re going to be a part of your life for the rest of your life. Manifest was a rollercoaster. What are you going to miss most about your character, Olive Stone?

BLAISE: She’s so different from who I am as a person. We’re polar opposites, and yet sometimes I think a little bit of Luna goes into Olive. I’m going to just miss her as a character. Just being able to play this true genius, which is not like me at all.
ALLEN: What was your last day on set for Manifest like?

BLAISE: Oh god. We were upstate in the woods of New York, so deep upstate. And it was actually really beautiful because we all got to be together. I was doing this very emotional monologue into a phone. Everyone was there, every cast member, every crew member. They were just watching me. When I finished, everyone clapped and my mom was there. I didn’t realize my mom would come to New York. It was really special. Then we wrapped and immediately went to PaleyFest, and we premiered our show. It was insane. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

There will be a Manifest premiere screening and cast panel at ATX Television Festival on June 1 at 2:30pm (Austin time) ...

ATX Television Festival, June 1-4, 2023 (Austin, TX)
https://atxfestival.com/
From Schedule: 

It's all connected. Before Manifest makes its final descent, join us on June 1 for a premiere screening of Season 4 Part 2, followed by a conversation with the cast & creatives.
PANELISTS:

Melissa Roxburgh (Cast)
Josh Dallas (Cast)
J.R. Ramirez (Cast)
Luna Blaise (Cast)
Parveen Kaur (Cast)
Matt Long (Cast)
Holly Taylor (Cast)
Daryl Edwards (Cast)

MODERATOR:

Jim Halterman (TV Guide / TV Insider)

Edited by tv echo
On 6/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, tv echo said:

Premieres today at 11:28am (ET) - recorded Sep. 20, 2022...

Manifest | Series Finale Table Read | Netflix
Still Watching Netflix    Premieres Jun 28, 2023

Thank you for posting this! It was so much fun to see the finale episode table read. Lots of real emotion from the actors. 

• Like 1

That table read was great. It was touching how the cast teared up near the end.

Josh Dallas is a good actor, even during a table read. "This is ridiculous!"

Despite the many flaws in the writing and plotting of this series, I don't doubt the good intentions, sincerity and efforts by the cast and the production team.

• Like 2
(edited)

From the SDCC programming schedule (all times are PDT)...

https://comiccon2023.sched.com/event/1OXWO/manifest-last-call-for-flight-828 

Sunday, July 23 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm

Manifest: Last Call for Flight 828
After a triumphant fan and creatives campaign for more of the series Manifest, on June 2, Netflix released the final 10 explosively compelling episodes. Celebrate creator Jeff Rake’s entire Montego Flight 828 saga, and join this panel for all the callings, mysteries, ’ships, heartrending storylines, plus a few surprises. Grab your final boarding pass. It’s all connected! Moderated by Marcia Middleton (Manifest the Netflix TV Show Group), with Eric LeBlanc (The Weekend Geeks), Justin Toney (The Weekend Geeks), and Sheila Middleton (Superfan).

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1