Type keyword(s) to search

Flight Logs: Manifest in the Media

• Start Topic

Creator Jeff Rake acknowledged the show’s cancellation on Twitter, noting he was “hoping to find a new home.”

My dear Manifesters,

I’m devastated by NBC’s decision to cancel us. That we’ve been shut down in the middle is a gut punch to say the least. Hoping to find a new home. You the fans deserve an ending to your story. Thanks for the love shown to me, cast, and crew. #savemanifest

— Jeff Rake (@jeff_rake) June 15, 2021

• Love 1

I don't know if I would watch the show on Netflix if I knew ahead of time it was cancelled abruptly with no closure.

I'm really disappointed but ultimately, the writing was on the tail fin.  I guess those two episode a week airings were indeed a burn-off.

It's always sort of a realization when it shouldn't be that everything in network TV (streaming services are no different with their cancellations) is a business decision and viewers don't matter.

As fellow travelers who foolishly embarked on this journey, I guess we're now on a lifeboat left stranded in the sea of muddled plotlines, but I'm pretty sure the jumping sharks are an Egyptian omen for "Season 6 would have been a disappointment anyway".

There's always hoping this dead show suddenly comes back to life in 6 weeks.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I don't know if I would watch the show on Netflix if I knew ahead of time it was cancelled abruptly with no closure.

It had been trending strongly there, it will be interesting to see if the viewing drops like a stone now that word of cancellation has gotten out.

(edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 9:58 AM, Camera One said:

I know the showrunner claims everything was planned from the start, but I wonder if a condition of renewal is trimming the cast.  Not having to work around a child actor could also have savings.  I think one of the reasons why Grace's death feels permanent is that type of supporting character is often used as cannon fodder to give a show cred with "stakes".  Plus she and Cal were shuffled off to a side storyline in the woods for half a season, so they were clearly not sure what to do with her.  I'm surprised they didn't do a double shocker and have Zeke shot during the Vance's son hostage situation, since he's another character they don't know what to do with.  Then Ben and Michaela could be equally desperate and high-strung, and spend the next season insisting they need to find the Tail Fin and bring it back on land again, to reverse the deaths and 13 episodes later, Eureka (again).

I assumed that shuffling off Grace and Cal had more to do with Covid than the actors. My godson works as a "production assistant" (no authority, more of a general assistant, but he gets to work on sets) and he was saying that when Covid numbers were still really bad, some shows created "Pods". That way the actors were primarily exposed to a group of 5 or 6 people that needed to film together as much as possible. Sort if the same theory some schools operated on. I assumed the split cast was during the Covid Surge last fall and, as things got better, there was less need for that.

Edited by chlban
(edited)

I am very disappointed in this decision. I almost never watch Network TV anymore. Last year, I watched "Evil",  "Manifest", "FBI" and "Dateline". I stopped watching "FBI" this season because it sucked and CBSA decided to move "Evil" to their new streaming network. Now, with Manifest gone, it will just be new episodes of Dateline. I don't care if it moves to streaming because I am not going to pay for multiple streaming services to watch the few shows I like. I really would like to know what the ending for this show is. I need to learn to just skip this type of show because the networks do this all the time.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 6

I hated this entire season. I found the last handful of episodes pretty difficult to get through. I felt like the Cal stuff at the end with "dead" Grace (cause really, who knows?) was just more weirdness. In a show with so many questions, they don't seem remotely interested in providing a glimpse of an answer to any of them. 

And I'm still completely let down that it got cancelled because my Jack Shepherd disease makes me wanna see how they can possibly tie up so many loose ends into something that makes some amount of sense. So I'm hoping it lands on Netflix because I'd like to suffer through a few more seasons.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

killing off Grace, having Angelina kidnap baby Eden, and aging Cal 5 years wasn't convincing enough plot-wise to the network executives for a renewal.

Actually, @ottoDbusdriver, that itemized list was probably calculated to appease network execs. Get rid of the small children and the wife. What more could they want?
--I guess a cohesive plot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

I hated this entire season. I found the last handful of episodes pretty difficult to get through. I felt like the Cal stuff at the end with "dead" Grace (cause really, who knows?) was just more weirdness. In a show with so many questions, they don't seem remotely interested in providing a glimpse of an answer to any of them. 

And I'm still completely let down that it got cancelled because my Jack Shepherd disease makes me wanna see how they can possibly tie up so many loose ends into something that makes some amount of sense. So I'm hoping it lands on Netflix because I'd like to suffer through a few more seasons.

They probably don't know them yet.

• Love 1

Canceled eh?  I just started watching on Netflix and may as well stop right now.  I am not willing to waste time on another show leaving me hanging.

Leaving everything unresolved when your ratings are iffy shows a total disrespect and disregard for the viewer on part of the production.

• Love 5

I don't post in this forum, because most people here seem to hate the show, but I enjoyed it and was sad to hear that it was canceled. I hope it gets picked up somewhere else so they can finish the story!

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I don't post in this forum, because most people here seem to hate the show, but I enjoyed it and was sad to hear that it was canceled. I hope it gets picked up somewhere else so they can finish the story!

My wife and I REALLY enjoyed the first two seasons. The third season just felt so disjointed and random to me, but I let it go under the assumption that they were setting up for the back half of the series. I need Netflix or someone else to pick this up so I can know. 

For the record, don't ever be afraid to comment because other people hate something. I will die on the hill of defending the last episode of How I Met Your Mother lol

• Love 4
11 hours ago, preeya said:

Creator Jeff Rake acknowledged the show’s cancellation on Twitter, noting he was “hoping to find a new home.”

My dear Manifesters,

I’m devastated by NBC’s decision to cancel us. That we’ve been shut down in the middle is a gut punch to say the least. Hoping to find a new home. You the fans deserve an ending to your story. Thanks for the love shown to me, cast, and crew. #savemanifest

— Jeff Rake (@jeff_rake) June 15, 2021

He seems more surprised than he should be considering the ratings. But maybe NBC had given him reason to hope. It seems like they could have given him a heads up to not go with the cliffhanger ending.

If they got another season elsewhere to try and wrap things up, I would watch. I'm curious if they could possibly have a plan that makes sense.

(edited)
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Actually, @ottoDbusdriver, that itemized list was probably calculated to appease network execs. Get rid of the small children and the wife. What more could they want?
--I guess a cohesive plot.

They killed off the wife that everyone hated? I don’t think I’ve watched for two years, so I finally removed the show from my list here, this week, and had to look it up, because I saw the news about cancellation.  

i keep going back to old shows that I loved (currently watching Medium), because they are on the few streaming services I have, and are in no danger of cancellation (unless they’re removed - I got into Rizzoli and Isles, weeks before it was removed from Hulu, so I stopped watching on season 6, episode 4).  

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm curious if they could possibly have a plan that makes sense.

That's what I'm curious about too.  He said he had all 6 seasons planned out.  Of course, that doesn't mean it's a good plan, but still, I'm interested in what he actually had in mind.

• Love 1

I starting bingeing this show last week. I knew it was on but never felt like I had it in me to watch another sci-fi show. I should have know. I think I'll finish the episodes on Netflix and that will be that but I am done trying to follow shows that try to be different. What is the point in a network trying a different show and then just cancelling it anyway?

• Love 2

I like the LA Times tweet... "NBC Cancels Netflix's No. 1 Show". Article here.  Here's another article with the numbers.

The show ranked 62nd with 5.347 million total viewers, while seasons 1 and 2 averaged 12.607 million and 7.698 million total viewers, respectively.

From Season 1 to Season 2, “Manifest” dropped 46% in the demo and 39% overall. The Seasons 2 to 3 declines were 40% and 31%, respectively. From Season 1 to Season 3, “Manifest” lost 68% of its rating and 58% of its audience.

• Love 1
(edited)

The cancellation is disappointing. Despite its many, many flaws, there were questions that I wanted answered. Also, it was a fun show to criticize in this forum.

Now we'll never know why 828 disappeared for five years, why the passengers didn't age, the meaning of the Callings, etc. And - alas - we'll never know if Michaela ends up choosing Zeke or Jared.

Some stats:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/manifest-canceled-1234967991/ 

As of Tuesday morning, #SaveManifest was trending on Twitter.

Indeed it’s always possible — and, nowadays, more likely than ever — that another outlet could step in to rescue the production, especially with deep-pocketed Netflix already in the mix. The show debuted on Netflix last week and quickly shot to its top slot. How many actual viewers that ranking translates into, and how long it will remain at the top, is obviously unclear. On NBC, the show debuted to roughly 10 million viewers for its first season, but by season three had slid all the way down to roughly three million viewers per episode — the sort of steep ratings dive a show typically can’t pull out of. Sources say the studio is “exploring” options at this point.

Looks like the wheels came off after Season 1...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The cancellation is disappointing. Despite its many, many flaws, there were questions that I wanted answered. Also, it was a fun show to criticize in this forum.

Now we'll never know why 828 disappeared for five years, why the passengers didn't age, the meaning of the Callings, etc. And - alas - we'll never know if Michaela ends up choosing Zeke or Jared.

I am fine with the cancelation because I don't thinking any of the future plots and reveals would have been satisfying to me.
OTOH, I am very disappointed about genre show Debris being cancelled after its first (admittedly uneven) season. I wish Debris had 3 years like Manifest did to disappoint me enough to where I was ready to see it go away, heh.

• Love 7

In case you missed the notice (and if you still care), First Round voting for the 2021 Primetimer Awards opened on June 14 (and will end on June 18) - Manifest has nominees in the following categories...

Worst Drama
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119722-worst-drama

Idiot Stick: Dumbest Character Moment
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119708-idiot-stick-dumbest-character-moment

The Pierce Of The Year: Dispensable Character Who Could Vanish And No-one Would Notice
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119697-the-pierce-of-the-year-dispensable-character-who-could-vanish-and-no-one-would-notice

Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119548-ugh-not-you-again-least-entertaining-villain

Long In The Tooth: Show That Still Airs Long Past Its Expiration Date
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119515-long-in-the-tooth-show-that-still-airs-long-past-its-expiration-date

I Just Can’t Quit You: Favorite Show To Hate Watch
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119477-i-just-can’t-quit-you-favorite-show-to-hate-watch

• Useful 1

I think the fact that it lacked a major name in its cast played a part in Netflix passing on it. The only reason Designated Survivor got picked up by Netflix was it starred Kiefer Sutherland.

That's too bad.  Maybe they should have filmed an alternate closing sequence so it wouldn't have been an even more unsatisfying series finale as it already was.

I wonder if he will eventually reveal his plans for Season 4, 5 and 6.  He already gave some hints about his plans for next season, but it didn't really show if he actually had a long-term endgame.

(edited)

Stick a fork in it - it's done.

For these genre shows with long-running mythologies, the showrunners really have to plan each season with its own mini story arc that concludes at the end of the season, while still setting up for hoped-for future seasons. Or else the networks need to make renewal decisions earlier.

To end a season with such big cliffhangers that will never be resolved is very frustrating for viewers.

FYI:
Melissa Roxburgh is still scheduled to do a virtual con panel with Imagine Events on July 24 (not free, you have to buy tickets)...
https://imagineevenements.com/iah-with-melissa-roxburgh/
IMG_3401.png 

Edited by tv echo

It sounds like there were at least some preliminary negotiations between Netflix and Warner Brothers.  Be interesting to hear what both sides wanted and what the big differences were.

I am not surprised, but I did think there was a chance due to how long it trended number 1 and 2 on Netflix and Netflix tweeting about it after it was cancelled, so it is disappointing news to hear.  While not necessarily a great show, I thought it was fun, and thought season 3 was better than season 2.   That said, Netflix has been really bad about cancelling their own shows after one season, I could foresee the story still not getting finished in a situation where Netflix picked it up only to cancel it.  Not that I am going to cancel Netflix just because they did not pick up this show, but I watch it less and less.  I have been thinking of cancelling one of my streaming services, and Netflix would probably be at the top of the list.

I do feel sorry for the cast and crew.   They really seemed to love working together.  I am curious what kind of signals and feedback the network was giving Jeff Rake and the other show runners, because they seemed surprised.  I know the ratings weren't great and had dropped, but they were not the worst.  It is too bad they did not say we are giving you one more short season to wrap things up as a midseason replacement (with all the cancelled shows - hard to imagine at least one of the new replacements is not going to crash hard).  I am guessing WB wanted more.

In one of the articles I read it had better ratings than Blacklist which is renewed for a ninth season.  I never watched that show regularly, and have not seen it for a few years, but the show did not seem to have a premise to be stretched out for over 9 years.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, JayDub1987 said:

My wife and I REALLY enjoyed the first two seasons. The third season just felt so disjointed and random to me, but I let it go under the assumption that they were setting up for the back half of the series. I need Netflix or someone else to pick this up so I can know. 

For the record, don't ever be afraid to comment because other people hate something. I will die on the hill of defending the last episode of How I Met Your Mother lol

In fairness, I still think some of the oddness of this season may be attributable to Covid concerns and restrictions during filming, especially the early filming.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, Anela said:

They killed off the wife that everyone hated? I don’t think I’ve watched for two years, so I finally removed the show from my list here, this week, and had to look it up, because I saw the news about cancellation.  

i keep going back to old shows that I loved (currently watching Medium), because they are on the few streaming services I have, and are in no danger of cancellation (unless they’re removed - I got into Rizzoli and Isles, weeks before it was removed from Hulu, so I stopped watching on season 6, episode 4).  

They seened to realize everyone hated Grace in season one and they pretty much redeemed her after that. THEN they killed her off-maybe. Dead doesn't always mean dead on this show, but she wasn't an 828er so we will never know.

Edited by chlban
2 hours ago, CCTC said:

It sounds like there were at least some preliminary negotiations between Netflix and Warner Brothers.  Be interesting to hear what both sides wanted and what the big differences were.

I am not surprised, but I did think there was a chance due to how long it trended number 1 and 2 on Netflix and Netflix tweeting about it after it was cancelled, so it is disappointing news to hear.  While not necessarily a great show, I thought it was fun, and thought season 3 was better than season 2.   That said, Netflix has been really bad about cancelling their own shows after one season, I could foresee the story still not getting finished in a situation where Netflix picked it up only to cancel it.  Not that I am going to cancel Netflix just because they did not pick up this show, but I watch it less and less.  I have been thinking of cancelling one of my streaming services, and Netflix would probably be at the top of the list.

I do feel sorry for the cast and crew.   They really seemed to love working together.  I am curious what kind of signals and feedback the network was giving Jeff Rake and the other show runners, because they seemed surprised.  I know the ratings weren't great and had dropped, but they were not the worst.  It is too bad they did not say we are giving you one more short season to wrap things up as a midseason replacement (with all the cancelled shows - hard to imagine at least one of the new replacements is not going to crash hard).  I am guessing WB wanted more.

In one of the articles I read it had better ratings than Blacklist which is renewed for a ninth season.  I never watched that show regularly, and have not seen it for a few years, but the show did not seem to have a premise to be stretched out for over 9 years.

I have resisted any streaming services because I just prefer reading, but was prepared to sign on with Netflix if they picked this up. It is, literally, one of about 6 shows, all but one other on Cable, that I even bother to record or watch. 

3 hours ago, CCTC said:

and thought season 3 was better than season 2.

It pretty much had to be. I made it through S1, slogged through the first few episodes of S2, then called it quits.

Nearly every time I get hooked on a new network show, seems they get cancelled--like The Event, Revolution, Extant, Alcatraz, Zoo, to name a few.  Not that they were all that great, but they were fun watching.  Why don’t they make shows like these, including Manifest, Debris, into mini-series, like four, six, even eight episodes.  At least that way we would get a beginning and a satisfying ending.  SyFy is airing a three part (six-hour) show, Departure, starting later this week.  I will watch it hopefully to the end.  No more investing in network shows that may or may not go anywhere.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I was bitter about the cancellation of Invasion and Now and Again for years -- both of which ended on cliff hangers and an intriguing set-up for the second season.  I think Once and Again was well received by the critics and had decent ratings, so was surprised when that one was cancelled.   Invasion,  I think was considered a bubble show, so was disappointed, but not as surprised.

[I guess Manifest is still a the top of the Netflix watch list into its second week.  It is too bad they did not work something out - probably is a better fit for a streaming service.]

Edited by CCTC
addition

I stopped bothering with trying new network shows for several years because of being burned by cancellations.  I was hoping the rise of streaming services would end this pattern of new series where they entice viewers to watch, who get zero resolution (not even a final episode or a wrap-up movie) when the show ends abruptly.  But Netflix is also cancelling shows after 2-3 seasons with even less transparent info because ratings data is not fully available.  So the viewer still loses in the end.  I guess from a money perspective, even making one final season, or even a 2-hour wrap-up doesn't pay itself back?  You'd think being able to market a full story with an actual ending would be an important thing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

I stopped bothering with trying new network shows for several years because of being burned by cancellations.  I was hoping the rise of streaming services would end this pattern of new series where they entice viewers to watch, who get zero resolution (not even a final episode or a wrap-up movie) when the show ends abruptly.  But Netflix is also cancelling shows after 2-3 seasons with even less transparent info because ratings data is not fully available.  So the viewer still loses in the end.  I guess from a money perspective, even making one final season, or even a 2-hour wrap-up doesn't pay itself back?  You'd think being able to market a full story with an actual ending would be an important thing.

It’s all about the money, power and greed without respect for the loyal followers and fans.  Without loyal followers and fans, there would be no t.v., Netflix, etc. And I agree with CAMERA ONE above:  "Maybe they should have filmed an alternate closing sequence so it wouldn't have been an even more unsatisfying series finale as it already was."

Manifest nominees survived to Second/Final Round voting for the 2021 Primetimer Awards in the following categories (voting opened today and ends Jun 29)...
https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/3310-annual-awards-show-the-primetimers/

Worst Genre Show
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/120092-worst-genre-show/

I Just Can’t Quit You: Favorite Show To Hate Watch
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/119937-i-just-can’t-quit-you-favorite-show-to-hate-watch/

I can see why people would binge the show on Netflix.  The original premise is intriguing and there are cliffhangers galore.  Not sure how long their patience would last though, once they plumb the depths of Season 2 or Season 3.  Maybe the pitch for Season 4, 5 and 6 made Netflix think twice.

• Love 1
(edited)

Manifest Boss Still Trying to Give Fans Closure After Streamers Pass on Series: 'It Could Take a Week, a Month, a Year'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 28 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/06/28/manifest-creator-jeff-rake-still-seeking-closure-after-nbc-cancellation/ 

One week after Netflix and others declined to “save” Manifest, series creator Jeff Rake is still angling to get fans closure — though it may take some time.
But one way or another, Rake hopes to give a more proper ending to Manifest, which only made its way through half of its intended six-season itinerary. (TVLine hears that securing financing for a two-hour wrap-up movie is currently the ideal outcome, though finding a platform to offer that a home is a whole other ball of wax.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Jeff Rake is sketching out a possible 2-hour movie.

His latest interview with EW.

I've kind of moved away from the plan of finding a home for seasons 4, 5, and 6 of Manifest, even though I've always talked about Manifest being a six-season show.

Back in the day, I laid out a six-season roadmap for NBC, and I'm halfway through. I had giant cliffhangers in the season 3 finale, so I had every intention to have three more seasons to slow-burn the back half of the story.

I'm reading the writing on the wall that we may not find a home for three more seasons of the show, so I moved to plan B: Some platform would bankroll a feature or a movie finale, like we saw with Timeless, Firefly, and Deadwood. I just need a modest budget to tell the story. I am personally sketching out how to consolidate the back half of the series into a much more streamlined, cut-to-the-chase two-hour finale that would distill all of the hanging chads of the series. That's where my head is at. There is a huge appetite for people wanting to know what's that end of the story, what happened to the passengers, what ultimately happened to that airplane.

• Love 1

I've been following all this talk about needing a satisfactory series ending.  For the life of me (and I admit I'm no writer), I can't imagine what they could possibly come up with that would tie up all the events and be a logical ending.  I mean, the whole scenario and all the subsequent events were made up to begin with, so any ending would have to rely on some kind of fantasy as well.  So even if we bought in to all the things that have happened so far being "possible" in their world, any ending they come up with would require at least the same amount of "buy in".  Or am I just lacking imagination?

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

So even if we bought in to all the things that have happened so far being "possible" in their world, any ending they come up with would require at least the same amount of "buy in".  Or am I just lacking imagination?

I feel very similarly.  The show was always goofy but I think I began to lose "buy in" in the second half of Season 3.  If you read some of the spoiler teasers that Jeff Rake gave for Season 4 before the cancellation was announced, he gives hints about where the story was going, and I'm not sure I would have been able to "buy in" to his Season 4-6 plans if the show had continued.  I too can't envision a resolution that would be satisfying or provide closure.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I've been following all this talk about needing a satisfactory series ending.  For the life of me (and I admit I'm no writer), I can't imagine what they could possibly come up with that would tie up all the events and be a logical ending.  I mean, the whole scenario and all the subsequent events were made up to begin with, so any ending would have to rely on some kind of fantasy as well.  So even if we bought in to all the things that have happened so far being "possible" in their world, any ending they come up with would require at least the same amount of "buy in".  Or am I just lacking imagination?

Any conclusion would have to rely on fantasy/sci-fi, yes. There is no logical, realistic explanation they could come up with, but I think it was always intended to be fantasy.

I think they could tie most of the events together if they have Cal come back from wherever he disappeared to and explain things he learned. Or have the force behind the callings manifest itself in human form and explain itself. Or they all have a calling that actual makes sense. It would feel like rushed writing, but it would have to be to push 3 seasons into 2 hours. If they don't want to be too out there with the supernatural, they could have the NSA find proof of some kind of wormhole to an alternate universe that the plane went through. I assume time jumps would be involved.

I still can't believe the showrunner is still acting so shocked about not getting to do 6 seasons. Every media outlet had it listed as a bubble show, he must have known it was a possibility. 6 seasons is pretty rare.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I still can't believe the showrunner is still acting so shocked about not getting to do 6 seasons. 

It explains why he specializes in writing delusional characters.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 7/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, KaveDweller said:

Any conclusion would have to rely on fantasy/sci-fi, yes. There is no logical, realistic explanation they could come up with, but I think it was always intended to be fantasy.

I think they could tie most of the events together if they have Cal come back from wherever he disappeared to and explain things he learned. Or have the force behind the callings manifest itself in human form and explain itself. Or they all have a calling that actual makes sense. It would feel like rushed writing, but it would have to be to push 3 seasons into 2 hours. If they don't want to be too out there with the supernatural, they could have the NSA find proof of some kind of wormhole to an alternate universe that the plane went through. I assume time jumps would be involved.

I still can't believe the showrunner is still acting so shocked about not getting to do 6 seasons. Every media outlet had it listed as a bubble show, he must have known it was a possibility. 6 seasons is pretty rare.

Law and Order SVU is how many seasons? And it has sucked for most of them. I tired of Grey's Anatomy after the second season, but it seems it will never die. 

On 7/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, Camera One said:

I feel very similarly.  The show was always goofy but I think I began to lose "buy in" in the second half of Season 3.  If you read some of the spoiler teasers that Jeff Rake gave for Season 4 before the cancellation was announced, he gives hints about where the story was going, and I'm not sure I would have been able to "buy in" to his Season 4-6 plans if the show had continued.  I too can't envision a resolution that would be satisfying or provide closure.

I would still like to see it and if NBC had an.ounce of respect for their viewers they would buy into a 2 hour movie. 

On 7/3/2021 at 10:51 AM, chlban said:

Law and Order SVU is how many seasons? And it has sucked for most of them. I tired of Grey's Anatomy after the second season, but it seems it will never die. 

Yes, but SVU and Grey's Anatomy are not the norm for TV shows. Grey's is still one of ABC's most watched shows after 15+ years, regardless of quality. The majority of shows never even get a second season.

I'm VERY disappointed that Manifest was cancelled...even if some of the characters that didn't end up with people I thought they should have...hint Micheala and Jared.  Still miffed that the executives had us believing she loved Jared so much and even slept with him and which brought about the end of his marriage and THEN turn around and out of the blue fall in love with Zeke!  

I haven't watched the last 6 or more episodes and didn't know that Grace was killed off...not mad to see that spoiler because I'm one of those weird people who don't mind hearing the spoiler before actually seeing the actual episode.

Anyway, I'm would like to say I'm shocked that the show was canceled but I'm not.  This happens time and again on many of the network channels.  The problem is that for whatever idiotic reason these executives keep using this same format where the show comes on in the Fall and then they take the show off from November and December and it comes back on in January...if were lucky.  That is NOT a good way to handle any show much less a series that is relatively still in it's fledgling stage. Common sense dictates that if you take off the show people normally watch they are going to find something else to watch not to mention how the shows time slots have been changed multiple times to the point where only the Shadow would know what day and time it comes on!!!😡  The only shows that aren't affected by the on/off time frame are the ones that have legions of fans like Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order (both favorites of mine)

I remember a time when the various shows/series would come on in September and stay on until it's last episodes.  Depending on how many episodes that meant the show would end in either in late February or March and THEN we would get the summer shows.  I really wish they would go back to the old format because until they do this cycle of dropping viewership is going to continue to happen. 🙁

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, littlefingers116 said:

I'm VERY disappointed that Manifest was cancelled...even if some of the characters that didn't end up with people I thought they should have...hint Micheala and Jared.  Still miffed that the executives had us believing she loved Jared so much and even slept with him and which brought about the end of his marriage and THEN turn around and out of the blue fall in love with Zeke!  

I do share your viewpoint that it seemed Michaela and Jared were supposed to be OTP (One True Pair) and that it was botched horribly. I hate triangles in general, but this was just bad writing that made me feel in the end that Michaela and Jared getting back together would be icky, when it should have been a love story that crossed universes. 

So, for me, don't even bother sticking a fork in it. Show's not done. Just put it down the garbage disposal. 
I think I kept watching because I figured the end was near, and because the pretty faces. 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:59 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The ultimate irony would be if Manifest was brought back to NBC much like Flight 828 -- 5 and a half years from now.  And Cal was rapidly aged again -- and was now in his 30s.   :)

AAAaaaakk! Not Cal!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1