Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Tootie said:

IIRC, I don't think Neal McCoy participates in preliminaries, so he is a "new judge" to the girls for semi-finals.

The thing is, he's been judging for the DCC for YEARS in numerous capacities. As someone mentioned earlier, it goes back as far as the first few seasons of the show. And she describes him as a "new judge" to the process all the time when he's really not. 

Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking. I'm grumpy because we've heard nothing about any recent cuts. And because I'm so ready for the new season to start!!! GAHHH!!!!!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I am not looking forward to watching her on the show or watching Tina be featured.  

Between this and the endless Kashara propping, I'm not really looking forward to this season. 

• Love 7

I can take KaShara, but I cannot take Tina and the Victoria storyline we will be hit with. I just hope we do not have another Morgan style storyline. I also hope we do not have Mentor Melissa and Victoria scenes either.

I think KaShara is fun to watch, so I hope we get more of her. That comment she made her rookie year abut the shorts being shorter than her attention span won me over. I also liked that moment last season, which is admittedly fuzzy in my memory, where there was this generally low energy and she had to do some kind of improv, and she went up to the other girls kind of clapping, and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I thought it showed strategic leadership. In this cynical world we live in I find her a breath of fresh air.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She is CMT's favorite story line!!  So sad that they will cut another girl and take VK all for ratings.  You are right another mediocre dancer wont hurt them.  I am not looking forward to watching her on the show or watching Tina be featured.  

I'm not a fan of Tina. I found her vulgar and crass the few times she appeared on the show. In terms of appearance, she has let herself go completely. I also think it's interesting that someone like Kelli, who admires ladylike behavior and promotes Jackie O as s role model, would consider Tina a best friend. ??‍♀️

I'll reserve judgement on Victoria until I see her on the show. I wasn't wowed by the dance videos she posted before camp. Hopefully her behavior and dance have been better than reported. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

'm not a fan of Tina. I found her vulgar and crass the few times she appeared on the show. In terms of appearance, she has let herself go completely. I also think it's interesting that someone like Kelli, who admires ladylike behavior and promotes Jackie O as s role model, would consider Tina a best friend. ??‍♀️

I agree. When they brought her in to watch the TCC from last year with the other vets, she tried to act like she knew what she was talking about, but she just came across snotty and ignorant. I hate to be mean, but her body, hair, makeup and clothing needed serious help. Why doesn't she go to the salon the DCC goes to and get a makeover if she is so close to Kelli?

You know they say that a girl will most likely end up looking like her mom, so VK better be prepared!!

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Can someone who is more tech savvy than I am please post Dayton's latest Insta story - the girl needs her own show!!!

37417319_688125838188517_6515945999167389696_n.thumb.jpg.f696f2198deb1e46ce7eaffcd7c6993e.jpg

This is the same pix she posted  before she just put a different caption.  Shows just how "witty" she is.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 13

Tina has been grooming Victoria since day one.  This is a post on her Facebook.32323601_10155799099163401_5533031880095432704_n.thumb.jpg.51221d04c493f32459f75edcea028acb.jpg

Tina Kalina is with Samantha Finglass and 2 others.

May 12 · 

I am overcome with every emotion as I type this post ..... I have waited 18 years for this moment and it's with tears rolling down my cheeks that I PROUDLY announce that Victoria Kalina will be spending this summer in the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Training Camp in hopes of EARNING her 15 STARS, her LUCCHESE BOOTS and her spot with the GREATEST sports organization in the world.....the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.Congratulations, Victoria!

PS - If I post alot of audition pics, please forgive me - this is a super special time in my life!

43 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I agree. When they brought her in to watch the TCC from last year with the other vets, she tried to act like she knew what she was talking about, but she just came across snotty and ignorant. I hate to be mean, but her body, hair, makeup and clothing needed serious help. Why doesn't she go to the salon the DCC goes to and get a makeover if she is so close to Kelli?

You know they say that a girl will most likely end up looking like her mom, so VK better be prepared!!

Best friends.  You know the old saying......it's not what you know but who you know. 

26114064_10155475701153401_4635900998364939951_n.thumb.jpg.8cfac92189c9e00b00b731d9b89bf590.jpg

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Tina has been grooming Victoria since day one.  This is a post on her Facebook.32323601_10155799099163401_5533031880095432704_n.thumb.jpg.51221d04c493f32459f75edcea028acb.jpg

Tina Kalina is with Samantha Finglass and 2 others.

May 12 · 

I am overcome with every emotion as I type this post ..... I have waited 18 years for this moment and it's with tears rolling down my cheeks that I PROUDLY announce that Victoria Kalina will be spending this summer in the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Training Camp in hopes of EARNING her 15 STARS, her LUCCHESE BOOTS and her spot with the GREATEST sports organization in the world.....the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.Congratulations, Victoria!

PS - If I post alot of audition pics, please forgive me - this is a super special time in my life!

Wow, I find this a bit over the top, in a scary stage mom way.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Many have said, “why do they explain the yes, no, maybe system every year,” and “why do they introduce Neil McCoy every year?” 

Not all viewers have seen the show every year like we have. It’s the same in books that are a continuing stories, or in tv shows/ movies that are sequels... they have to repeat introductory information for those who haven’t read or watched the previous book/movie/show in the past. 

So, while I agree that it’s annoying for me sometimes, I understand why they do it. 

Even if you haven't watched the show, 'yes' 'no' and 'maybe' will always mean the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Middlemom said:

I'm not a fan of Tina. I found her vulgar and crass the few times she appeared on the show. In terms of appearance, she has let herself go completely. I also think it's interesting that someone like Kelli, who admires ladylike behavior and promotes Jackie O as s role model, would consider Tina a best friend. ??‍♀️

I'll reserve judgement on Victoria until I see her on the show. I wasn't wowed by the dance videos she posted before camp. Hopefully her behavior and dance have been better than reported. 

Lol I love it!

• Love 4

For a moment, I thought Tina had announced that Victoria had made the squad.  That is, until I saw the date.  I get being proud of your kid for going after their dreams.  I just wish that there wasn't so much baggage attached to Victoria's chance at it.  Not only will I not watch this season if Brennan doesn't make it, but I'll run away screaming if Tina shows up at the Star in any capacity and for any reason after auditions are over.  That would be incredibly poor optics for her, for Victoria and for Kelli.

Shelly at least has a reason to be there, to be involved with the Cheerleaders and I wouldn't be surprised if she was intentionally kept out of the loop and away from the cheerleaders for as long as Dayton was there or if she even volunteered for such banishment, just to make sure that she wasn't putting any undue pressure on Kelli, Judy and the rest. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Adding...and if I hear Brennan doesn't make it, no way in hell am I watching even a single minute of this season.

I’d love to be able to say the same thing, but I know I will watch, anyway. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I’d love to be able to say the same thing, but I know I will watch, anyway. 

I have Xfinity, which means I have to make an effort to watch, so staying away won't be too hard :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Even if you haven't watched the show, 'yes' 'no' and 'maybe' will always mean the same thing. 

I agree, but do you want to bet how many questions would be posted here if that’s all they said? Not from all of those who have been here for a long time, but from those who “find” this forum while searching for more info after they just saw their first episode? I mean, we’ve all seen questions that make us say to ourselves, “really? She’s really asking that?” 

Im sure some have had that reaction to some of my questions posted in early July :) 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I actually think that VK is a great storyline for them, so yes they would keep her just for that. To be honest, one more mediocre dancer in a team full of blenders won’t hurt them, so obviously they would choose someone they have a personal connection to AND has storyline potential over someone else. Look at how many comments VK has had, she is going to be feautured heavily on the show as well... 

I wonder why they didn’t keep Dayton last year... using this logic. Not saying you’re wrong... I just wonder why Dayton didn’t get this same treatment last year OR this year...

Before everyone posts.. I KNOW about Dayton’s interview last year. I’m just wondering why she didn’t get a pass then, or a preferential treatment this year, along with Victoria. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Looks like it is a pony tail night, so I'm guessing no Kelly and Judy and no cuts 

Whose posting that it’s pony tail night at practice 

Edited by Holly85
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Deleted due to me letting my bias against Victoria and her extremely preferential treatment get the better of me again.

lol that took extreme control to delete.

• Love 2

Question asked to Dayton  "Do you plan on trying out next year?"

Dayton answer   "I probably won't  be re auditioning until the show is canceled"

This shows you the real reason so few girls are trying out for DCC.  They don't want to be edited poorly and in a bad light for rating by CMT.  Shame on you CMT!!!

• Love 16

Dayton posted this on her story. I don’t blame her for not wanting to reaudition until her journey will not be documented by cmt every step of the way. Not to mention the poor editing they give these girls. 

IMG_1528.JPG

Edited by CheerGoddess
1 minute ago, CheerGoddess said:

Dayton posted this on her story. I don’t blame her for not wanting to reaudition until her journey will not be documented by cmt every step of the way. 

IMG_1528.JPG

Wow. That says a lot. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Dayton posted this on her story. I don’t blame her for not wanting to reaudition until her journey will not be documented by cmt every step of the way. Not to mention the poor editing they give these girls. 

IMG_1528.JPG

Holy Moly! Is that a pic of Dayton? Of Shelly? 

Also, she slammed that door closed, didn’t she? This is probably a disqualifier even if the show is cancelled during her “dancing years. 

Edited by Taralightner
Slammed the DOOR, not the book. Lol
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

IMG_1528.JPG

Wow that IG Story photo is extremely cryptic, I don't see Dayton now re-auditioning at all. I wonder what happened. Someone spill the Tea or theory's...I'm dying to know.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Wow that IG Story photo is extremely cryptic, I don't see Dayton now re-auditioning at all. I wonder what happened. Someone spill the Tea or theory's...I'm dying to know.  

It will be the best kept secret.  Hopefully CMT wont edit it to be hurtful for Dayton or Shelly.  I know CMT goes for the ratings but have some respect for Shelly.  

• Love 6

I don't think Dayton is being cryptic at all. I think she means what she says, ie. she doesn't want all the microscrutinizing and business put on full blast, which is what happens with the CMT show, social media, boards, etc., so she won't audition while the show is on. IF that means never auditioning again, then OK.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, DancingNurse said:

I don't think Dayton is being cryptic at all. I think she means what she says, ie. she doesn't want all the microscrutinizing and business put on full blast, which is what happens with the CMT show, social media, boards, etc., so she won't audition while the show is on. IF that means never auditioning again, then OK.

This.  I mean we’ve all discussed why we think the number of girls auditioning in recent years has gone down.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Makes it sound like Kelli wants her on the team

Agreed! Kelli even said that looking back she doubts her decision to cut Brennan last year especially with the girls that left the squad prematurely. Hopefully this means good news for Brennan this year because I will be extremely upset if she does not make the team!!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Watching the episode where Taryn gets cut. Someone please tell Kelli to burn that maroon top with the cut out sleeves. 

Still can't believe she got cut over Christina or Savannah. I thought Taryn was adorable. Brennan and Taryn could have made it if the other two didn't take a spot and decide to quit.

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Whose posting that it’s pony tail night at practice 

Alexis instastory has Miranda with her hair back and maybe Tara behind her in a ponytail and in all their practice gear. Just my guessing based on that. 

I hope Brennan makes the team just for herself and not the fact Alexandria left during the regular football season, and Kalyssa left or was cut before the season was over. I would feel bad for her if CMT just want to do another tacky storyline of how Brennan lost out on making the team because of one rookie left and another left on her own or was cut before the season was over. It reminds me of the tacky Season 4 storyline when they brought back Kaime because the two pageant sisters left. I do not buy it for one minute Kelli and Judy wanted Kaime to come back because it was the first time someone left TC.

1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

New video on the Facebook page featuring Brennan: 

I love the subtle shade towards Kalyssa and Alexandria. Glad to see Kelli address their departures somewhat.

I just have a bad feeling about Brennan. She gets her own promo? I think CMT is totally using her and that sucks. 

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, MamaV said:

Can someone remind me when and why Alexandria left last season?  Thx. 

She left before the season officially started, I think only did one preseason game. Supposedly a family emergency with someone being sick 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

But some think it was "love" sick.

Maybe she wanted to go home to finish renovating that house with her boyfriend. Never understood why she bought that house with him and then headed off to Dallas. 

• Love 3

I feel bad for Brennan but there’s something about her - particularly her facials and mugging - that I just don’t enjoy. I don’t find it cute or flirty.. I find it awkward and cheesy.  I’m sure she’ll make it this season and will be heavily featured on the show but I’m sadly rooting for others. 

Also we had the whole Christina 5 years trying out storyline last season. And I was already tired of it then!

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Still can't believe she got cut over Christina or Savannah. I thought Taryn was adorable. Brennan and Taryn could have made it if the other two didn't take a spot and decide to quit.

I thought Taryn was adorable too and the only negative comment I recall was about her low kicks. Savannah clearly struggled with the dances in most of the episodes. I’m always amused when K & J saying they only take the best. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I love the subtle shade towards Kalyssa and Alexandria. Glad to see Kelli address their departures somewhat.

I just have a bad feeling about Brennan. She gets her own promo? I think CMT is totally using her and that sucks. 

I agree love that Kelli addressed the Kalyssa and Alexandria issue, and stated Brennan should have been on last years squad. Ugh which makes me also believe Taryn should have been on last years squad too. Taryn is so stunning, perfect fit for DCC....really bummed she didn't try out this year. 

• Love 7