Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

They've only made four cuts so far, meaning we're down to 41 in Training Camp at the end of week 7.  That means, if no more girls get cut this week, there are still 5 girls to cut before the end of camp to get to 36 (and if 36 is the target number).  Do we know how long camp is scheduled to run this year?  In previous years, it's usually been 8 weeks (though I thought at least one previous year, it was 9 weeks).  If it runs 8 weeks, and only 36 girls make the squad, 5 more cuts will need to be made either tonight, tomorrow, or next week.  If it's 9 weeks, they could easily spread those 5 cuts out, though it's still going to be a bloodbath at some point, depending on when those cuts are made and if they're made all at once or spread out over the time left.

(edited)

New clip shows Kashara heading to the floor...love the reactions...Judy, not paying attention, Kittie, her look is epic and I can only imagine what she is thinking..and Kelli showing concern. (Screenshots) 

261B1EF3-A319-4BEA-BE65-81417E162955.jpeg

EED8C24F-118F-470F-8176-F983B6271E63.jpeg

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

New clip shows Kashara heading to the floor...love the reactions...Judy, not paying attention, Kittie, her look is epic and I can only imagine what she is thinking..and Kelli showing concern. 

The look on the face of the person behind kasharas as well 

• Love 5

"There is a WORLD of difference between wearing a bikini at the beach with your gal pals and posing seductively in the sand at sunset all oiled up while untying your bikini bottoms."

LaurenBrook, this is the best thing I've read all day. You nailed it!

• Love 15
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

*sigh* No one is saying Lauren should be kicked off the team because she did not do the calendar shoot. Just like posters questioning why girls are cut, why certain girls make Show Group and other girls do not, why certain vets are cut for weight at finals while there are other vets who are out of shape at finals are saved from being cut etc. etc. Some of us are not saying we need to go down  to the Star and demand why they are not coming out with the real reasons why Lauren did not do the shoot. We are just a little curious, nothing more, nothing less.

And speaking of the new season, there is a new promo video on the DCC Facebook page. I am tired of Victoria already. I know it can be some heavy editing involved, but enough is enough. 

Apologies if I misunderstood your post, big.  I took it to mean you were tired of them letting us speculate on so many things and I just wanted to give closure to that topic at least. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

New clip shows Kashara heading to the floor...love the reactions...Judy, not paying attention, Kittie, her look is epic and I can only imagine what she is thinking..and Kelli showing concern. (Screenshots) 

I REALLY hope Kashara is ok!! On another note, is Judy eating a lipstick??

• Love 7
22 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I think this puts to rest the “Lauren didn’t do the calendar shoot for religious reasons” idea. Hopefully we find out on the show why she went along but didn’t take pictures when she is obviously comfortable being on a beach in a thong. 

Maybe it is the difference in going to the beach with friends vs posing in awkward sexy positions while a man takes pictures of you.  

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Where do u find the clip of kashara falling while Judy is snacking?

Facebook  DCC making The Team and on twitter

Edited by 5678Pixie
10 hours ago, LLLmom said:

All of the seasons are on cmt.com

I know that as well.  Last I checked (which was last year), the only way to watch on CMT was having CMT as part of your cable line-up.  Some of the posters here don't have CMT as part of their cable line-up.

I believe that CMT unlocked season 12 to try to promote the new season, so I think everyone should be able to access the season now whether or not they subscribe to cmt with their cable. Probably a limited time deal. I can't wait for the new season and to get to see these rookies dance! 

Btw, Lauren looks amazing in her bikini and the other vets are probably relieved she didn't do the calendar shoot because it's likely those abs would have snagged one of the 12 months up for grabs! I'd love to see Kayhlyn, Heather O, Tess, Lacey, Yuko, Alexis and Lexie get months. When is the calendar release, anyway? I thought it usually was during training camp. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

I know that as well.  Last I checked (which was last year), the only way to watch on CMT was having CMT as part of your cable line-up.  Some of the posters here don't have CMT as part of their cable line-up.

I apologize for not remembering who mentioned it on here, but if you sign up thru CMT on your Facebook account, you get a 24 hour pass to watch all full eps and videos, without having a TV provider.  I wish CMT would allow Hulu to show the eps the next day.  It's getting to where Netflix and Hulu are TV providers for most people

• Love 4
On 7/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, RedDelicious said:

I don't think concern for safety is a laughing matter. 

Dayton and her mother. They. After she was cut, Dayton went to auditions for RCCL and her mother went too. Shelly said so. I assumed it was a decision they made together. 6-12 months is a long time for anyone to be completely away from home. I am surprised that is the path they pursued considering how close they are. 

Unfortunately crime does occur on cruise ships. Unfortunately those crimes are very difficult to prosecute. This is not new information. Moreover crimes against crew members are often unreported by the industry. I'm surprised that concern for safety was met with the responses above. 

At the end of the day, there is a considerable difference between being a cruise ship passenger and a cruise ship employee, the biggest one being you don't get off the boat at the end of the week and go home. You're part of the ship 24/7/365 and you aren't 100% protected by the laws of the United States. So yes, I am surprised that is the path they pursued when DCC didn't work out. For an entire year you don't get to go home on the weekend or home for dinner. And you're in a place where if something bad happens to you, you're not entirely protected. I don't think what I said was wrong. You guys just turned it into a joke.

My sister worked on a cruise ship for 4 years and said it was the best time of her life. She eventually met her husband and they got out of cruising to settle down and have a family. While I absolutely believe there are concerns to be had, this is way more doomsday then I think the situation warrants. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I apologize for not remembering who mentioned it on here, but if you sign up thru CMT on your Facebook account, you get a 24 hour pass to watch all full eps and videos, without having a TV provider.  I wish CMT would allow Hulu to show the eps the next day.  It's getting to where Netflix and Hulu are TV providers for most people

The 24 hour pass showed up on my laptop but not my iMac.  Interesting.  The first episodes I watched was Season 1 episodes 1 and 8. I didn't even recognize/recall the vets that didn't make it back to TC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

The 24 hour pass showed up on my laptop but not my iMac.  Interesting.  The first episodes I watched was Season 1 episodes 1 and 8. I didn't even recognize/recall the vets that didn't make it back to TC.

I got the pass on my PC but not my mobile app...

4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

My sister worked on a cruise ship for 4 years and said it was the best time of her life. She eventually met her husband and they got out of cruising to settle down and have a family. While I absolutely believe there are concerns to be had, this is way more doomsday then I think the situation warrants. 

Mmm, maybe.  But we're talking about a 22-year old woman whose mom goes with her to job interviews.  A year is a long time to be away from your mom if you're so sheltered you can't even seek employment by yourself.  So I was surprised at the choice because it's not exactly safe.  I truly hope she grows and learns from the experience.  I'm assuming it's a generational thing and I just don't get it.  I've been working since I turned 15 and at the time I walked to city hall to fill out my working papers myself.  I circled the help wanted ads and got myself every job I ever had.  I don't get helicopter parenting because I wasn't helicopter parented.  Not my jam and that's why I feel the way I do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Mmm, maybe.  But we're talking about a 22-year old woman whose mom goes with her to job interviews.  A year is a long time to be away from your mom if you're so sheltered you can't even seek employment by yourself.  

I would say Dayton is a very strong young woman.  Trying out for DCC takes a lot of courage, it wasn't her mom that auditioned, it was Dayton.  Being cut from any dance audition is hard on you.  So I admire Dayton for being able to put her big girl panties on and go do another audition and make the team.  Dayton is amazing because of her strength and courage.  I think is it really sweet of Shelly to go with her to England and she is a wonderful mother to give Dayton the love and support she needed.  I am sure being cut from DCC was heartbreaking for both of them.  Good for them for having plan B to go do.  Dayton is lucky to have such a supportive mother.  

• Love 21

Last fall I had a professional speaking engagement in NYC. I had to be there for 2 days, so I invited my mom. Not because I needed my mommy to hold my hand, but rather, I thought we might have fun, catch a show and have an amazing dinner. We ended up adding a night and she took me to the coach store and bought me an incredible purse (our hotel room was paid for by my client, so the purse was a combined “thank you” and “congrats” for the client success). We also got last minute front row seats for Chicago! 

My mom has never been a helicopter parent. I don’t see anything in Shelly’s behavior that shows that she’s one either. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Mmm, maybe.  But we're talking about a 22-year old woman whose mom goes with her to job interviews.  A year is a long time to be away from your mom if you're so sheltered you can't even seek employment by yourself.  So I was surprised at the choice because it's not exactly safe.  I truly hope she grows and learns from the experience.  I'm assuming it's a generational thing and I just don't get it.  I've been working since I turned 15 and at the time I walked to city hall to fill out my working papers myself.  I circled the help wanted ads and got myself every job I ever had.  I don't get helicopter parenting because I wasn't helicopter parented.  Not my jam and that's why I feel the way I do.

My momma had us and at times I felt like I was in a litter of pups--"okay you're weaned."   We just had to figure it out.  I was never asked if I did my homework; no one ever checked it for accuracy; no one helped me study for a test, blah blah blah.   I think I missed out on a lot.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Last fall I had a professional speaking engagement in NYC. I had to be there for 2 days, so I invited my mom. Not because I needed my mommy to hold my hand, but rather, I thought we might have fun, catch a show and have an amazing dinner. We ended up adding a night and she took me to the coach store and bought me an incredible purse (our hotel room was paid for by my client, so the purse was a combined “thank you” and “congrats” for the client success). We also got last minute front row seats for Chicago! 

My mom has never been a helicopter parent. I don’t see anything in Shelly’s behavior that shows that she’s one either. 

That's really nice. It's great when work travel allows for a little bit of down time in a fun city with a loved one.

I have a very...let's say detached mother. We haven't been close in many years. She did her best and I really have gotten past any resentment about that though my sister and I do joke we were "raised by wolves." So I always admire moms and daughters who are close and have adventures together.

• Love 8

I think it's great that Shelley could accompany her daughter for a vacation while Dayton also interviewed for a job. My husband gets to travel more than me for work, and he takes his dad or my dad, who are both retired, more than he takes me. Honestly, I love my family, but I look forward to when our girls are old enough to be alone in a hotel room or explore a little bit while my husband is in conferences. 

I don't think accompanying your family member on an over seas interview is helicoptoring, and honestly, I feel when parents have zero involvement or interest with what their kids are doing. Eighteen means legal, not abandoned. Shelly and her husband are raising an accomplished, independent, well mannered young woman, and I hope my girls turn out as well as hers has.

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

Does anyone know if the TCC are off for the weekend? Kristin Dodd just posted an instigram story indicating she is back home in New Mexico 

They have it off, I'm sure her trip was planned.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I got the pass on my PC but not my mobile app...

Not sure "who" is responsible for the 24 hour pass but thank you so much.   I have CMT with my DISH subscription.  I don't understand why they aren't a "provider."   

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Not sure "who" is responsible for the 24 hour pass but thank you so much.   I have CMT with my DISH subscription.  I don't understand why they aren't a "provider."   

It was me. And, I have comcast/xfinity. CMT IS part of my comcast package, but comcast won’t allow me to stream CMT because of a lisence issue with CMT. Basically, Comcast wants to make sure that we HAVE to use them, not streaming to get the TV that we pay them for every month. I hate them. With a passion. These licensing issues are the reason that CMT offers a 1 time 24 hour pass. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Deanna and Melissa didn't make it back to TC.  They were rookies on the 2 hour special that no one can find anymore:(

When does the Oxnard performance take place? At least we’ll get to see some formations. I think I’m going to predict a Khalyn/Tasha, Kashara, Lacey triangle. That first spot could be multiple ppl though. Wouldn’t shock me to see Maddie or Amy there.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

When does the Oxnard performance take place? At least we’ll get to see some formations. I think I’m going to predict a Khalyn/Tasha, Kashara, Lacey triangle. That first spot could be multiple ppl though. Wouldn’t shock me to see Maddie or Amy there.

I agree with you that Kashara will probably be the point person. Clearly they've had girls dance at point for more than one year in the past.  Whether you like Kashara or not (and I do like her) it seemed like she was kind of shoved down everyone's throat last year.  I would love to see  Lacey get some attention this year. She seems very poised and mature  and really just a great ambassador for the organization.  I also feel like she gets overlooked a bit .

• Love 10
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks for posting this!  I am finally able to watch season 1.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I agree with you that Kashara will probably be the point person. Clearly they've had girls dance at point for more than one year in the past.  Whether you like Kashara or not (and I do like her) it seemed like she was kind of shoved down everyone's throat last year.  I would love to see  Lacey get some attention this year. She seems very poised and mature  and really just a great ambassador for the organization.  I also feel like she gets overlooked a bit .

Yeah, I felt like Jenn K was shoved down our throats as well. I mean I’m not a fan of hers so that didn’t help, but again, it makes sense with being the “point” and how they’re chosen. I think it comes with the position and the importance of social media today. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I would love to see Lacey be given a shot at point. I just don’t expect it to happen. I think if they thought that she was an option, then they would’ve tested her there last year when Kashara was out for one or two performances. They didn’t though. Even at the tail end of the season (when Kashara was at pro bowl), they put Jenna back at point. Dancewise, it made sense, since I do think Jenna was the best at DCC style on the team, but she had already announced that it was her last season, so it would’ve made sense to give Lacey a shot (kinda like how Jenna was at point when Jenn K was out the year before). 

I would love to be proven wrong though. It’s not that I dislike Kashara, but I just like Lacey a lot and would love to see her shine this year.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I would love to see Lacey be given a shot at point.

So would I.  Admittedly I'm not a Kashara fan at all, but geez, Lacey is superior to Kashara in every way (IMO), give her a chance!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

@veronicamers- that makes me sad! And the codependent part of me wants to fix it! 

Oh, you're sweet. Believe me, it can be a challenge resisting the urge to work through some of my residual childhood stuff in my relationship with my own kids. Codependent no more! Okay, best get back on topic. 

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, ByTor said:

On this picture I don't think it looks a whole lot darker than it did last year.  But I wonder if she got extensions, I don't recall seeing her hair this long.

I love her hair here! I did not like her hair last year at all. So much softer around the face, she looks younger too!

I wish they would fix Kashara's hair. Her hair looked so pretty her Rookie year, then she had "the Lauren" or did Lauren have "the Kashara?
 either way, it did not bring out the best for either of them.

Upgrade!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Middlemom said:

K and J, Charlotte and whomever else pulls strings in the background. (SIT DOWN MELISSA!) need to consider shared point. It should never be just one person....I imagine DCC fans would enjoy the variety. They could consider all group leaders as part of rotation as well.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

She is 20, not 22.  However, they have a wonderful mother daughter relationship and there is nothing wrong with that.  Just because Shelly went to the job interview doesn't mean they need to cut the cord because they are so intertwined.  Maybe Shelly was just being a good mom and supporting her daughter.  Shelly, and the rest of the family are super excited and aren't too worried about Dayton's safety.  I'm not sure if people realize how dangerous the United States can be.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

K and J, Charlotte and whomever else pulls strings in the background. (SIT DOWN MELISSA!) need to consider shared point. It should never be just one person....I imagine DCC fans would enjoy the variety. They could consider all group leaders as part of rotation as well.

I would love to see that. I think it would be easy enough to do with the 3 in the triangle and the girl behind the point. So, last year it would've rotated between Kashara, Lacey, Jenna and Robin. The year before Jenn K, Jenna, Melissa, and Erica. I know that the entrance formation would have to change as well, but if those 4 are supposed to be the best 4 dancers on the team, I'm sure they could handle. 

• Love 3