Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Kelli please don’t insult our intelligence. VK free-styled in quarters like a new-born giraffe, Scott nailed his critique and u and Charlotte shut him down. VK did a lyrical dance, which many beautiful dancers do in finals, and y’all cried! Really? I’ve never seen that and I’m pretty sure other dancers have performed more beautiful dances. Then on the unforgiving HD screen, VK fell out of her turn and u all oooh’d and made excuses for her, when in the past any other girl making a mistake is given a snarky face and or a snarky comment. And these are only 3 instances of glaring nepotism that are continually shown and it’s only ep 3!! I’m sorry to say this blatant display has backfired on y’all.  Losing the respect of some of ur staunchest fans and putting a beautiful 18yr old in an unwinnable position. And don’t get me started on how poorly u depicted the sweet and lovely Dayton. 

Yes, I agree with that but hasn’t the field entrance been done the same way for eons?? And the kickline?  Can’t figure out why they don’t at least have that down. NO SKIPPING!!

Entrance  it’s pretty much the same since AT&T opened and the kick line is even older than that. But it’s not as easy as it looks to travel gracefully on turf, in cowboy boots, always hitting the lines. It is definitely a learned art. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Entrance  it’s pretty much the same since AT&T opened and the kick line is even older than that. But it’s not as easy as it looks to travel gracefully on turf, in cowboy boots, always hitting the lines. It is definitely a learned art. 

Yes I can imagine it is. Don’t get me wrong, I’m amazed at the athleticism and mad dance skills these women possess, it’s why I love the show. But if I were gonna try-out for DCC I’d b hitting the nearest high school football field. If just to practice not skipping???

• Love 12
20 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

She's young, beautiful, and talented....she's destined for success

I would add fearless to that list of attributes.  Takes courage to go for what you really want.

• Love 4

Just a gut feeling, but I think we are watching the last season of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team. 

I think if the daughters of DCC Alumni want to follow in their mothers' footsteps, the best the potential legacy can do is fly under the radar.  Just flat out keep quiet that your mother was a DCC.  I'm pretty certain there are DCC that have led quiet, private lives when their cheering and dancing days were over and the current regime in Dallas have no idea what some former alumni have been up to over the years.

Unless a legacy keeps quiet, there will always be skepticism on did the girl make the team on talent or by her network.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Is there any particular reason this is not taught earlier on in training camp? At least from what we are shown, the entrance is taught at the very end of camp. Asking because it causes so many candidates trouble...

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Does anyone have the list of who's in each group?

1. Lacey, Tasha, Gina, Miranda, Rachel A, Bridget, Daphne, Hannah, Taylor

2. KaShara, Khalyn, Heather, Yuko, Molly, Erin, Jalyn, Madeline M, Rachel W

3. Amy, Tess, Jessika, Alexis, Lauren, Alanna, Ashlee, Cianna, Gabby

4. Maddie, Kelli, Christina, Lexie, Savannah, Amber, Brennan, Briana, Caroline

DCC 2018 - Copy.png

• Love 5
Just now, Tootie said:

DCC 2018 - Copy.png

Oh my gosh, I completely didn't realize that's how their cameos were organized, by their groups! I was trying to figure out why everyone was mixed up so randomly when I saw the picture now I feel so dumb :(

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Is there any particular reason this is not taught earlier on in training camp? At least from what we are shown, the entrance is taught at the very end of camp. Asking because it causes so many candidates trouble...

I wonder if it has to do with them wanting to weed some girls out first and get closer to their golden 36 number. Since the way/placement of where each girl is lined up for entering the field would be determined by where they end up in the formation of Thunderstruck (how far into the field they have to travel, where their field line marker is to stop, etc). Until they are placed in thunderstruck, they wouldn’t necessarily know on which line/area they need to enter the football field to meet their mark for the beginning of the dance. I honestly have no idea but that’s what first popped into my head of why they don’t do it earlier. It would maybe cause confusion switching it up once they get their official Thunderstruck position (if taught earlier, just to learn how to travel the field)? 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Just a gut feeling, but I think we are watching the last season of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team. 

I think if the daughters of DCC Alumni want to follow in their mothers' footsteps, the best the potential legacy can do is fly under the radar.  Just flat out keep quiet that your mother was a DCC.  I'm pretty certain there are DCC that have led quiet, private lives when their cheering and dancing days were over and the current regime in Dallas have no idea what some former alumni have been up to over the years.

Unless a legacy keeps quiet, there will always be skepticism on did the girl make the team on talent or by her network.

And/or come in with the experience of cheering/dancing for another professional team (any major sport)... or a college that has an outstanding dance team. show that they are making an name for themselves elsewhere. I mentioned the Archie/Payton Manning college story as an example in the current episode thread.

Just think of if these two current TCC-legacies came with that additional experience , like some of the others- I think it would be bonus. Then K&J can quiz how much is the DCC style different than what you are used to... at least they will have a "used to" on their resume - as opposed to taking about family lineage,

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Oh my gosh, I completely didn't realize that's how their cameos were organized, by their groups! I was trying to figure out why everyone was mixed up so randomly when I saw the picture now I feel so dumb :(

some of the candidates mentioned they were captain in their former expereiences.. does DCC have a true captain or is group leader the highest title one can earn ?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If their moms hadn't been friends, would Sam, Dayton, Haley and Victoria be friends? 

I doubt it, but to be fair if their moms weren't friends, they probably wouldn't even know one another.

9 hours ago, FLAfan said:

Just because something is a fad doesn’t mean it looks good.

Reminds me of some words of wisdom from Twisted Sister's Dee Snider.  He was asked in an interview if he's ever embarrassed by what he looked like in the 80s, and he said no, he thought he looked good...he further said that's the problem, people wear clothing/hair by what's in style & not what they think looks good on them, so in a few years when the style is outdated, they get embarrassed, but if they wear things they genuinely like & think they look good in, they can't really go wrong.

38 minutes ago, sATL said:

K&J can quiz how much is the DCC style different than what you are used to

Yep, and that's really a good question to ask a lot of them.  We have people like Dayton and Maddie who spent hours upon hours in dance studios, but probably didn't concentrate much on "power pom" (or whatever it's called) style, and therefore neither made it through their 1st TC.

2 hours ago, Kethomp said:

I wonder if it has to do with them wanting to weed some girls out first and get closer to their golden 36 number. Since the way/placement of where each girl is lined up for entering the field would be determined by where they end up in the formation of Thunderstruck (how far into the field they have to travel, where their field line marker is to stop, etc). Until they are placed in thunderstruck, they wouldn’t necessarily know on which line/area they need to enter the football field to meet their mark for the beginning of the dance. I honestly have no idea but that’s what first popped into my head of why they don’t do it earlier. It would maybe cause confusion switching it up once they get their official Thunderstruck position (if taught earlier, just to learn how to travel the field)? 

That's the most likely reason, but it would be nice if they could at least practice that move on the field so they don't look like they're skipping.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Why didn't Victoria get the same talking to that Dayton got?  From what I could see from last night's episode, Victoria was all over the place!

She probably did. We don't see everything.

16 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Keyra posted this....ironic since she got the boot for being late multiple times....smh

D6DC51B6-B0F5-4444-B3C5-6A9066FA474C.jpeg

This very likely has nothing to do with this show. Everything she says isn't related to DCC.

7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I'm thinking it's because it doesn't take as long. They have more important things to learn first. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

some of the candidates mentioned they were captain in their former expereiences.. does DCC have a true captain or is group leader the highest title one can earn ?

I think it’s been mentioned in seasons past that the group one leader is the overall captain.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:
23 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

Why didn't Victoria get the same talking to that Dayton got?  From what I could see from last night's episode, Victoria was all over the place!

She probably did. We don't see everything.

Probably.  We probably also didn't see Malena telling Kelli & Judy that she has been working on her memory issues all year (not that I heard that she said that, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did & it was edited out for drama).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

And/or come in with the experience of cheering/dancing for another professional team (any major sport)... or a college that has an outstanding dance team. show that they are making an name for themselves elsewhere. I mentioned the Archie/Payton Manning college story as an example in the current episode thread.

Just think of if these two current TCC-legacies came with that additional experience , like some of the others- I think it would be bonus. Then K&J can quiz how much is the DCC style different than what you are used to... at least they will have a "used to" on their resume - as opposed to taking about family lineage,

which leads me to part 2.... what are the two legacies doing for the 2018-2019 season , so that they can come back stronger next DCC audition period? Granted they probably missed most of the NFL teams open calls.. it's not to late for NBA, is it ? 

I felt sorry for the Laker girl that did not make it to TCC with her friend. I hope she does more toning (one of the judges didn't like her shape) and keeps dancing to join her friend next year. I wonder if she is able to go back to the Lakers. This week they flashed a pick of Tasha who was with the Utah Jazz. I like their uniforms (the off shoulder) :)

Edited by sATL
2 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I think it’s been mentioned in seasons past that the group one leader is the overall captain.  

Is it group 1 leader or point? If it’s the GL position, then it doesn’t make sense that they would keep Jenna there but replace her as a point if their problem with her was her not being a good leader....

16 minutes ago, sATL said:

which leads me to part 2.... what are the two legacies doing for the 2018-2019 season , so that they can come back stronger next DCC audition period?

Can't speak for VK, but we know Dayton has booked a gig working on a RCL.  Plus IIRC, she posted on Insta she wouldn't be re-auditioning to be a DCC until the show is over.  Can't say I blame her one iota and in the long run, I think her new job with RCL will be the better opportunity for her.  

• Love 6

Does anyone else hate the cover photo they chose for the calendar this year?  I love Kelli, but I just don't think the photo is cover worthy.  Plus, they have the same shot on the front and back of the calendar.  kelli and Lacey are doing the same pose, where you see their behind with their face tilted back to the camera.  

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can't speak for VK, but we know Dayton has booked a gig working on a RCL.  Plus IIRC, she posted on Insta she wouldn't be re-auditioning to be a DCC until the show is over.  Can't say I blame her one iota and in the long run, I think her new job with RCL will be the better opportunity for her.  

??- not sure if the show being over is going to lead to a better chance of getting on the team.  Dance is Dance  - televised, taped, filmed or not. Not to mention each year the talent gets better and better. It's kinda like saying wait to audition until the big HD screen is gone, or upgraded, etc. Some things are just out of your control.

And who knows - if the show is gone - some of the niceties will be gone. Now at least 45 have a chance to make the final team, being camp, get makeup done, size the uniform. No show - could be only 36 have that honor. 

Has there been a formal announcement that the show is going to be over any time soon? There's been longer running shows and I'm sure the show brings in a pretty penny for CMT.  For me - it the only show I watch regularly on CMT. Now I guess if/when Kelli or Judy retires, and the new administration comes in, - that could put an interesting spin on things -but that will be fun to watch.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

??- not sure if the show being over is going to lead to a better chance of getting on the team.  Dance is Dance  - televised, taped, filmed or not. Not to mention each year the talent gets better and better. It's kinda like saying wait to audition until the big HD screen is gone, or upgraded, etc. Some things are just out of your control.

I can't speak for Dayton, but my guess is it has to do with editing.  We all know how that can go so again, I don't blame her.  I grasp they all know going in they will be filmed and it's a toss of the dice how they will be presented.   Personally, I don't know if I'd be willing to go along with that risk.  Just my two duccat's worth.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

No matter what Keyra posts someone will always thinks it related back to the DCC. Maybe she has an come up but can't share the details. When I see this I don't see it as a "OoO I watched the show and someone was late..." I think, "She's gotten access to something she'd been working on." 

Again, no one said it's related to the show. If you are right and it's a new project, then I hope she shows up on time, or she'll probably get the boot again.

• Love 3

I think the remark about not trying out until the filming stops addresses getting a camera shoved in your face during office visits, being shown getting a reprimand during training camp, and getting asked about getting cut on camera, two seconds after you've been ousted.       

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, sATL said:

as there been a formal announcement that the show is going to be over any time soon? There's been longer running shows and I'm sure the show brings in a pretty penny for CMT.  For me - it the only show I watch regularly on CMT. Now I guess if/when Kelli or Judy retires, and the new administration comes in, - that could put an interesting spin on things -but that will be fun to watch.

No... someone upthread said that they “have a feeling that we’re watching the last season...” so, it’s not even a rumor, nor has it been discussed here by insiders, nor has it been announced by either DCC or CMT. 

Anything is possible, but we could just as easily say, “I have a feeling that the show is getting renewed for another 5 years with a new format.”

Edited by Taralightner
55 minutes ago, sATL said:

Granted they probably missed most of the NFL teams open calls.. it's not to late for NBA, is it ? 

I felt sorry for the Laker girl that did not make it to TCC with her friend. I hope she does more toning (one of the judges didn't like her shape) and keeps dancing to join her friend next year. I wonder if she is able to go back to the Lakers. This week they flashed a pick of Tasha who was with the Utah Jazz. I like their uniforms (the off shoulder) :)

NBA auditions are June - August, with most (including the Lakers) falling in July. Sarah's last season on the Lakers was 2016-17, so she wasn't a Laker Girl last year, and she isn't on the 2018-19 team.

2 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

That has been mentioned here before, but has it been confirmed? I don't remember seeing @ShellyB or anyone give a definitive yes on that.

29 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Does anyone else hate the cover photo they chose for the calendar this year?  I love Kelli, but I just don't think the photo is cover worthy. 

I don't especially care for it. Some of the shots they showed on this week's episode look like they would've been really good, but maybe that's just because they only gave us a quick glance.

3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the remark about not trying out until the filming stops addresses getting a camera shoved in your face during office visits, being shown getting a reprimand during training camp, and getting asked about getting cut on camera, two seconds after you've been ousted.       

I agree. There is a huge difference between going through the audition process and training camp with tv cameras and without. I think in the early seasons, the candidate pool expanded because people were attracted to the cameras. Now it has been a few years, and the cameras have turned a lot of people off. When the show is over, I think the numbers will increase, but I doubt it will go back up to 400-500 unless the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. The show has made it clear how much effort it takes to make the team. They aren't getting as many people trying out "just to see what happens."

26 minutes ago, sATL said:

And who knows - if the show is gone - some of the niceties will be gone. Now at least 45 have a chance to make the final team, being camp, get makeup done, size the uniform. No show - could be only 36 have that honor.

I recall @ShellyB posting that the training camp concept was introduced during her tenure on the team. Maybe she can tell us how many they used to bring into TC before the TV show started. Was it 36 and people rarely got cut? Or did they start bringing in more than that so TC from the beginning was still a competition to make the team? At any rate, Kelli is used to having a selection to choose from now. As long as there are enough numbers to continue to do so, why not continue to bring in 45?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

NBA auditions are June - August, with most (including the Lakers) falling in July. Sarah's last season on the Lakers was 2016-17, so she wasn't a Laker Girl last year, and she isn't on the 2018-19 team.

That has been mentioned here before, but has it been confirmed? I don't remember seeing @ShellyB or anyone give a definitive yes on that.

I don't especially care for it. Some of the shots they showed on this week's episode look like they would've been really good, but maybe that's just because they only gave us a quick glance.

I agree. There is a huge difference between going through the audition process and training camp with tv cameras and without. I think in the early seasons, the candidate pool expanded because people were attracted to the cameras. Now it has been a few years, and the cameras have turned a lot of people off. When the show is over, I think the numbers will increase, but I doubt it will go back up to 400-500 unless the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. The show has made it clear how much effort it takes to make the team. They aren't getting as many people trying out "just to see what happens."

I recall @ShellyB posting that the training camp concept was introduced during her tenure on the team. Maybe she can tell us how many they used to bring into TC before the TV show started. Was it 36 and people rarely got cut? Or did they start bringing in more than that so TC from the beginning was still a competition to make the team? At any rate, Kelli is used to having a selection to choose from now. As long as there are enough numbers to continue to do so, why not continue to bring in 45?

Shelly's response to the question in the Season 13 Episode 4 thread:

No...they’ve always taken more into Training Camp and made cuts. It has varied between40-45. Up until 1992, there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed. That left 4 alternates in the locker room every game.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Shelly's response to the question in the Season 13 Episode 4 thread:

No...they’ve always taken more into Training Camp and made cuts. It has varied between40-45. Up until 1992, there were 36 on the team, but only 32 performed. That left 4 alternates in the locker room every game.

That's what I suspected, but was too lazy to do a board search to confirm! Thanks

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/cmt-ratings-nashville-listen-up/amp/

Season 12 was the highest rated season ever of Making the Team. It’s not going anywhere.

• Love 7

I freely admit I can be a full on sap.  @ShellyB, you really got to me in this cut scene.  Especially knowing what we do as followers in the spoiler threads.  Off to find a tissue or two.

ETA:  I wish they had kept this scene.  Not just for Shelly, but for all the Alumni who spoke.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I freely admit I can be a full on sap.  @ShellyB, you really got to me in this cut scene.  Especially knowing what we do as followers in the spoiler threads.  Off to find a tissue or two.

ETA:  I wish they had kept this scene.  Not just for Shelly, but for all the Alumni who spoke.

I guess we can be thankful that they did include Shelly who showed grace and poise, and did not show more of TK, though I would have liked to hear from Nicole B.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Was Malena cut in episode 4?  Someone just posted her being cut in that thread and I swear I don't remember.

She was one of two that are cut in the last night of camp. The other is escaping me right now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

It's gone now.  I guess the mods saw it.

I saw that and wondered if they would take it down.

59 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

She was one of two that are cut in the last night of camp. The other is escaping me right now. 

Lilly was the other.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I guess we can be thankful that they did include Shelly who showed grace and poise, and did not show more of TK, though I would have liked to hear from Nicole B.

I wonder if they decided to cut that out cause Dayton got cut.  I don’t know - comments about Dayton maybe should have waited until she officially made the team.   Wonder what TK said?

• Love 1

I’ve been watching deleted scenes on CMT app. Have you all ever watched the deleted scenes of Melissa’s mentoring sessions. Gosh, I like her substance so much more now that I actually SEE it. She hits it right on the nose and has actual notes that she gives them. I know many here are annoyed by her, but this was fun for me to watch. 

• Love 9

I have so many questions about the Malena situation. It seems her memory will be the reason she was ultimately cut.

When she was with the Jets, was she benched for the entire season? Because....how? They have one game a week. She had the whole week to rehearse, and it's not she had to learn a new halftime dance every week. It's the same sidelines. And then they have a five months of home games. She couldn't have learned everything by September? Or October? Or even November/December? Just how bad was her memory?

As for training camp, it's surprising Kelli kept her until the bitter end, knowing from day #1 this was a major issue for her. She must've really liked Malena.

I get the whole "I'm just going to try" thing as far as auditioning to begin with. However, she said a few times that she just needed to go home and practice. (And work a full time job!) How did she expect to continue this? Every night learn a new dance. Go home, practice, practice practice...but then the next night, bam! another dance. And the next night, another one. And every fan of the DCC knows they recycle the same moves, so it was just going to get more confusing as she learned a series of dances with the same moves in a different order. I understand going for your goals, but I think there's also such a thing as knowing your limitations. What thought process goes from getting benched from a not-so-difficult team to auditioning for the most difficult team out there? I mean, has she spent the last year doing nothing but classes to prepare?

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I’m not sure how many games Malena cheered at for the Jets, but it wasn’t many. Three maybe. After that she was benched because she continued to forget choreography. She is just one of those girls who will continue to forget choreography no matter how many times she is taught.

Kelli kept her because she loved her look and her personality. If not for that she probably would have been one of the first cuts. I assume Kelli was just waiting for Malena to pull it together, and it never happened. She was not able to keep her because a squad of more than 36 was out of the question and it didn’t make sense to cut anyone else over her.

IMO Kelli did the same thing with Amy Simone.  She ( maybe it was Judy)  even told her during her cut they kept her as long as they could  to give her every chance. Amy was the second last cut followed by Kyndall. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Tootie said:

DCC 2018 - Copy.png

I totally hate how molly's cameo sticks out from the others ??

• Love 2

I wonder if Malena has ADHD or something similar. One of my coworkers is learning disabled. Every day we worked together I had to show him how to do everything. He responded as though he'd never been taught some of the stuff before. Other things he knew I had already shown him but he drew a complete blank when he had to do it on his own. After I lost patience with him one time (because he hadn't told me his issue), he admitted he was learning disabled and the only way he could learn was to have someone show him step by step, multiple times, until he could finally figure out a way to get it to stick. It took him about 3 months to get even the most basic tasks down. So, possible with Malena?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Why did they cut that scene? Could seriously have done without the Cowboys fit scene. Insert alumni scene instead.

35 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Exactly. I think the only difference is Kelli would have taken Malena this year if she could have had her way, but the poor girl would have struggled and Judy would have been pulling her hair out. TPTB put their foot down on a larger squad though so she had to go.

Why are TPTB so against a bigger squad? Money? 

1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

As far as why she tried out, people go for things they’re not qualified or prepared for all the time. She was hopeful that she could get her act together to achieve her dream. It’s a bummer because Malena is a really nice girl and a good ambassador. But in my humble opinion she was really a waste of a spot this summer and someone else should have been taken to camp. Kelli vetted for her because she liked her face, like she’s done in the past many times with other pretty girls.

Yes. Like Sara the laker girl. She should’ve been taken to camp over Malena and possibly over VK, and that girl who looked sick on the episode 4.

• Love 9