Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

IMHO which is worth less than a penny, the only way a vet gets cut for bitching about VK is if it was ala Chelsea and done in front of the cameras or there was a direct verbal assault that could not be ignored.  There is no way you are going to convince me that the sisterhood of DCC is so strong that when you put 45 women together, they get along without any sniping or undercutting.  That would be the biggest statistical anomaly I ever heard of.  Whether it be friendship circles, sororities, or family, no group of females adore each other unconditionally.   They may work together well, but in quiet conversations, truth will be revealed.  And I cannot see girls being released because they don’t love every one  of their teammates    

I like Tara.  But if she was called in multiple times, more went on than what is speculated.  Maybe weight, maybe outdanced, maybe a combo of several things.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I don’t think that’s toxic. I’ll have to see how it plays out and how she went about it, but no, I don’t think complaining about something at work (while not going to the boss about it) is toxic. 

Judging by her IG post, Tara is moving away from all of this in a positive direction. Personally, I would hate working for an employer where every little thing is micromanaged.

• Love 7

Urrrrgh if only DCC/the media would take a common sense approach on weight. I feel like it's always treated in the extreme: it is either a case of calling a perfectly toned (by normal standards) woman like Tara or other DCCs heavy or sometimes you see it going the other way where people are too scared to call out unhealthily overweight kids for fear of body shaming.

People should just use their common sense- would someone who is considered a bit heavy by current DCC standards really make them less attractive or marketable as a brand?! Doubt it! 

No wonder there are so many body issues now- young people either developing an eating disorders or they are becoming obese. 

Sorry felt like ranting :D 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It was Miss Scarlet in the Library with the Candlestick. Maybe it was Erica. Maybe Tara was caught by Kelli or Charlotte sticking pins in her Victoria VooDoo Doll after practice.

Hahaha!!!??? This is too good. If we could be flies on the wall at The Star, they'd kill us with Raid. 

• Love 5

I always feel badly for the girls who try out when they're 18 or 19 and are expected to maintain that weight for the next 3 - 5 years.  Your body is still developing!  

CMT is the network that is currently airing that horrendous Bachelorette Party show, a show so terrible that I could only make it through one half of the first episode, and I'll watch almost anything.  I don't think DCC:MTT is in any danger.  I could see Kelli and Charlotte deciding to cut it off before the network cancels it.

• Love 7

I feel that this group of vets are pretty close and very bonded compared to other years. Yes they have cliques and small groups with whom they are closer to but as a whole I feel they are super close. We can see that from the 3 am IHOP solidarity outing and even the preview for this weeks episode where they came to finals together.  That’s why I don’t believe the whole “Tara was cut for being toxic” because they seem close it defintely seems impossible in my eyes. 

@JohnGalt you said Saavy was called in to the office about power and performance and she was able to correct. Based on your info, is she now defintely stronger than the videos we’ve seen or will she be an audition risk next season if she tries out? 

Edited by MelTexGirl
Typo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kicklinegal said:

Unfortunately Tara does not have the unique look on her side the way that Savannah does. I think since Savvy's been featured so much she has become a fan favorite, and in DCC land that gives you points the same way good dancing does. I totally agree though, she was a beat behind on a lot of the dancing videos I watched last year. 

I have no idea why Savannah is somehow a unique beauty. Other than the fake read hair color, there’s nothing different about her. Im sure you’re right because Kelli adores her, but that’s ridiculous.

And if she was such a risk, they shouldn’t have brought her back. They’re trying to prove that no vet is safe as they got a huge ratings boost last year. I hope the last few good vets they have retire next year. Have fun building a team full of VKs and Savannahs after that.

btw, I am 100% sure Savannah is getting cut next year (if she chooses to try out again).

• Love 10
4 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

She was definitely warned last season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she has fluctuated.

Almost looks to me like she maybe crash-dieted to get ready then couldn’t maintain it. 

Edited by Trixi
Spelling?
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I know she looks like she’s naturally tiny, but her audition weight wasn’t a natural weight. She was heavier for a lot of her tenure as a Jets cheerleader and I think maintaining has been difficult for her.

Eta not to say that their weight standards aren’t a little silly. Just a little more information.

One more edit for the sake of some pictures.

99fdyb.jpg

xku2j8.jpg

She may be heavier on these pictures but she is by no means too heavy for DCC. KaShara, Madeline and Tasha come to mind as girls who are heavier than Tara’s Jets days and they aren’t cut for weight 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

She may be heavier on these pictures but she is by no means too heavy for DCC. KaShara, Madeline and Tasha come to mind as girls who are heavier than Tara’s Jets days and they aren’t cut for weight 

Exactly. Tara doesn’t LOOK like she’s gained, but I guess if the numbers say so that’s terms for being cut. Which is silly imo. Weight looks different on everyone, and until this shows up on the show, K&J are nuts tbh if the other three haven’t been warned as well, because they look more “out of shape” than her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

She was warned for weight gain on her 2017 audition weight last season so I’m assuming her weight was up during the calendar trip. She obviously still looked amazing, but of course we all know that the DCC powers that be expect girls to maintain their audition weight.

That makes sense considering that photo that was posted upthread. I thought she was naturally tiny, but that has to be hard for her to maintain.

9 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I love KaShara to pieces, but you have to also remember that KaShara came in "DCC heavy". 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Danielle was heavier than that and she definitely wasn’t the strongest dancer (that being said, i absolutely loved her). And they have Jessika, Savvanah, Yuko and Christina who should also be cut based on their dancing. No one can convince me that tara deserved it and wasn’t a cautionary-tale kind of cut.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I still hate Christina's finals outfit with the bra top. At least the other bra tops don't actually look like a bra you'd find in the VS Fashion Show.

I don't care for her makeup either.  She looks like an extra from the Kit Kat Club.  Maybe she did Cabaret for her solo (probably, I never looked).

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

She was definitely warned last season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she has fluctuated.

As Far as last season, Someone a few pages back posted Tara in the Christmas uniform (close to end of season) , and she looks very thin. Also throughout the season she looked thin. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2018/02/26/news-views-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-memorabilia-enshrined-smithsonian-museum/362769002/

Tara is shown in two of the 12 photos at the bottom of this story here and looks thin. 

Sorry I can’t load photos myself I keep getting errors. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Danielle was heavier than that and she definitely wasn’t the strongest dancer (that being said, i absolutely loved her). And they have Jessika, Savvanah, Yuko and Christina who should also be cut based on their dancing. No one can convince me that tara deserved it and wasn’t a cautionary-tale kind of cut.

I agree completely. Even if she gained more than her audition weight, she is in proportion. Tasha gained 10 pounds last season as was warned, then kept for a second season. IMO Tara looks better than Tasha. Something fishy is going on 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Sorry, @Jess14, I keep calling you out and it looks like I'm picking on you (I guess I'm Tara and you're Victoria LOL!!).  My experience definitely is different... many years ago I did the same thing Tara allegedly did & you bet there was fallout!  IMO the mature thing to do is to speak privately to your boss about your issues (I know, easier said than done, but the consequences aren't worth it).

Oh no worries! I do litigation, so I’m used to reading an opposing party’s brief or being at an oral argument, and being told that my arguments are unsupported, without merit and unreasonable (and I do the same in reverse) lol. Someone has to be really rude or out of line, which you certainly have not been, for me to feel offended or picked on. 

Do we have confirmation that the Family and Friends event is tomorrow?

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree completely. Even if she gained more than her audition weight, she is in proportion. Tasha gained 10 pounds last season as was warned, then kept for a second season. IMO Tara looks better than Tasha. Something fishy is going on 

I think Tasha was saved because of her looks and Kelli likes her. I was surprised Selina was not cut last year.

When I met Lisa (the DCC seamstress), I got to see a uniform up close. I think it was actually Sidney’s and those bottoms are TINY up close. I never imagined they would be that small! When Ashley Burandt said “I’m basically wearing underwear in public” she was not kidding. 

So I can see if someone gained a pound or two in the wrong place, it could be noticed quickly.

If you’re already stressed about keeping your spot, the added pressure of losing weight in a short time span just makes it so much harder. If this happened to Tara, I feel truly sorry for her. Yes, these girls know what is expected. But it’s sad. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

When I met Lisa (the DCC seamstress), I got to see a uniform up close. I think it was actually Sidney’s and those bottoms are TINY up close. I never imagined they would be that small! When Ashley Burandt said “I’m basically wearing underwear in public” she was not kidding. 

So I can see if someone gained a pound or two in the wrong place, it could be noticed quickly.

If you’re already stressed about keeping your spot, the added pressure of losing weight in a short time span just makes it so much harder. If this happened to Tara, I feel truly sorry for her. Yes, these girls know what is expected. But it’s sad. 

Just a side note: i think the shorts are longer now, not that they are actually long to be fair. But longer than Sidney’s for sure. I think they look fae better.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The thing with Tara, though, was that she looked perfectly fine in a bikini, which is a hell of a lot less forgiving than the shorts (despite what Kelli preaches about the shorts being the most unforgiving thing in the history of ever).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

I always feel badly for the girls who try out when they're 18 or 19 and are expected to maintain that weight for the next 3 - 5 years.  Your body is still developing!  

CMT is the network that is currently airing that horrendous Bachelorette Party show, a show so terrible that I could only make it through one half of the first episode, and I'll watch almost anything.  I don't think DCC:MTT is in any danger.  I could see Kelli and Charlotte deciding to cut it off before the network cancels it.

I agree....I am 57 and it's still developing. :D

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Just a side note: i think the shorts are longer now, not that they are actually long to be fair. But longer than Sidney’s for sure. I think they look fae better.

I know one of the girls who we nickname "Minnie" because in person  she is a tall long limb negative size zero. Her bikini pics made her hips look wide and manly and people criticized her finals pics for looking thick in the middle. Cameras are cruel. I feel sorry for these girls who just want to dance and entertainment is sad sacs.

1 minute ago, WickedMom said:

I agree....I am 57 and it's still developing. :D

Lol! Same.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You're close!  It was from Chicago.

She thanked Jenn A for choreographing this for her. The outfit matches the song. That said, her faces are...not what I would have used. She did get a Barbie though and I think that was a little...generous. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

I know one of the girls who we nickname "Minnie" because in person  she is a tall long limb negative size zero. Her bikini pics made her hips look wide and manly and people criticized her finals pics for looking thick in the middle. Cameras are cruel. I feel sorry for these girls who just want to dance and entertainment is sad sacs.

Lol! Same.

* Us sad sacs

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes, that was something she said. But not longer by much at all. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Not really...this year’s crop of TCC’s really is the strongest it has ever been in years.

What one Vet could get away with in a mediocre training camp year, another vet would absolutely not be able to this year. Tasha isn’t a blender and she’s on show group. Comparing Tasha and Tara is like comparing apples to oranges. 

Stellar TCC’s this year is another reason camp was extended. That’s it, nothing else. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

Not really...this year’s crop of TCC’s really is the strongest it has ever been in years.

What one Vet could get away with in a mediocre training camp year, another vet would absolutely not be able to this year. Tasha isn’t a blender and she’s on show group. Comparing Tasha and Tara is like comparing apples to oranges. 

Stellar TCC’s this year is another reason camp was extended. That’s it, nothing else. 

I agree.

• Love 1

I know others will disagree, but I truly think that Kelli keeps girls longer than we expect is to give them every chance.  Paula, Alexandra, Khali F, Kalissa.... I really do not think it’s for drama or ratings.  She has said that with enough time, most of the final girls cut could eventually get there. I think she does try to give them that time. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

I like Tasha.  She seems to be a very nice person.

I feel bad for the girls battling their "alleged" weight problems.  If a girl is too skinny, she looks horrible in a bikini.  If she has curves, she looks great in a bikini but bad in the uniform.  

• Love 5

I wonder if Tara was indeed having weight problems of her own and being called out on it she would have been annoyed that Victoria seems to have been given extra leniency (reflected by VK's cut being due to a lie rather than the actual weight problem)... 

Hope CMT doesn't just bury all these issues! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

An aside....one of my favorite quotes about the shorts came from KaShara during uniform fitting day her rookie year : "These shorts are about as short as my attention span"... I still crack up over that :) 

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

35 minutes ago, HateWatcher said:

I know one of the girls who we nickname "Minnie" because in person  she is a tall long limb negative size zero. Her bikini pics made her hips look wide and manly and people criticized her finals pics for looking thick in the middle. Cameras are cruel.

It's honestly crazy how much and how quickly weight can be distorted on camera.  I have no idea how tall Tara is, but in particular if she's a shorter girl, even a few pounds can make you look much heavier than you really are.  I'm 5'4 and I can seriously see it in my face immediately if I'm not being careful about my diet.  I think that's part of the reason why Kelli and Judy try to stay on top of things with the girls (so that it's habit and not crash-dieting), and also why they are a bit more lenient with the numbers as well - the point is, you need to fit and look good in the uniform, and there is no standard way that anyone is going to put on weight, even as an individual.  I think the type of weight that concerns them the most is weight throughout the torso, and if a girl is shorter, then the way it looks on the legs as well.  They've also been through it themselves, and know how people can be.  It doesn't take much to make a difference.

25 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I know others will disagree, but I truly think that Kelli keeps girls longer than we expect is to give them every chance.  Paula, Alexandra, Khali F, Kalissa.... I really do not think it’s for drama or ratings.  She has said that with enough time, most of the final girls cut could eventually get there. I think she does try to give them that time. 

I think so too - I really love Kelli and I think that if she ever embarked on another career it would be something akin to motivational speaking.  She seems to truly care about the girls, and hope and expect that they will give their best, and she'll do what she can to give them the opportunity, but she also has to be practical about timing, and won't make excuses or compromises for the demands placed on them.  I feel as though that's a more honest approach and I really appreciate that in her.

• Love 7

I personally don’t see the fuss around Tasha. I imagine she is a great ambassador and leader, but in terms of dance I don’t see anything special about her. I remember everyone on these boards was shocked the year she made show group first

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Katherine1904 said:

I personally don’t see the fuss around Tasha. I imagine she is a great ambassador and leader, but in terms of dance I don’t see anything special about her. I remember everyone on these boards was shocked the year she made show group first

Agreed, and I *like* Tasha. Based on what I’ve seen, I would’ve put her and Tara in the same category of dancers - good, but not in the top tier of dancers but not the weakest either. Maybe I need to watch more videos of her, but she’s never stood out to me as being one of the best.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Kitty called her a blender 

This was in reference to Tara. I don't often disagree with Kitty, but I think Tara was way too pretty to be a blender. I hope there is a really good reason for her cut as she is so much more attractive than a few of the new rookies IMHO. 

• Love 6

The one and only Cowboys game I went to I splurged and got a seat on the 50 yard line close to the front, somewhere around row 10 or 15, maybe 20. I was pretty much right underneath the giant screen and let me tell you, everyone looked awful from that angle. In my opinion they should adjust the screen so it doesn't make all the shots look so wide.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

I didn’t say she’s too heavy for DCC. I don’t think she is either, but only a couple of opinions matter.

By the way, keep in mind you never know who is on weight watch and who is not. Kashara has been picked on this season for weight as well. Each girl is different. There’s more than one factor that goes into the decision of whether or not they should stay.

If KaShara is/has been on a weight warning why on earth is Lacey not point? “You need to lose weight but you can stand front and centre”. No sense in it

• Love 10

1. Pretty sure the story about Tara complaining about Victoria and getting cut for it is 100% not true. It makes for a juicy narrative, but if you believe it, I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

2. Sounds like Tara blended and had issues with her weight, during a summer of extremely talented rookie candidates. Another summer with less talent, she probably would’ve been safe. Sounds like to me they cut her in lieu of cutting a rookie. Tara was outdanced and out-figured. Not a good summer to lose your shine. 

2 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I didn’t say she’s too heavy for DCC. I don’t think she is either, but only a couple of opinions matter.

By the way, keep in mind you never know who is on weight watch and who is not. Kashara has been picked on this season for weight as well. Each girl is different. There’s more than one factor that goes into the decision of whether or not they should stay.

I hate saying this, because I really like Kashara, but she did look bigger to me in person when I saw her this summer. It’s just her build.... she’s curvy and has hips, a butt and thighs. No way is she overweight. She’s never been one of their skinny dancers, so I’m not sure why they’re on her this summer. But next to Lacey and Kelli and Gina, Kashara looks big. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

She thanked Jenn A for choreographing this for her. The outfit matches the song. That said, her faces are...not what I would have used. She did get a Barbie though and I think that was a little...generous. 

The choreo itself is fine and a more talented dancer could have won a barbie. I don’t mind Christina that much, but with that solo she should have been cut, not getting a barbie.

19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed, and I *like* Tasha. Based on what I’ve seen, I would’ve put her and Tara in the same category of dancers - good, but not in the top tier of dancers but not the weakest either. Maybe I need to watch more videos of her, but she’s never stood out to me as being one of the best.

I think she improved after her first season, but I think she got on SG because she’s great at appearances, not because she’s one of their top dancers.

• Love 6

I’m really sad to read that Tara was cut, from what I saw from the show last year I thought she was a good dancer and certainly beautiful. I definitely wouldn’t have expected her to be cut and Savannah to still be there! 

Super happy for Brennan, hope she does well this year. And based on what they’ve shown of Erin so far I’ll be interested to see how much she’s improved to have made the team. 

• Love 5

Am I missing something in regards to Christina’s solo? A Barbie? Really? I can see why Kelli loves her though... her body is that super lean figure Kelli loves.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How on earth did this earn a Barbie?

It certainly couldn't have been because Christina is a top-notch dancer.  I'm surprised they even kept her with that performance.  She must be absolutely amazing in other areas to overcome that, but I can't imagine which ones.  To me, she's blah personality-wise, boring in appearance, and her dancing has been vastly underwhelming.  If ANY of the vets were going to get cut in Training Camp, I would have put my money on Christina, not Tara, being the one cut (especially for blending and being outdanced).

Generous to a fault.  I agree with whoever said that the Barbie was for Jenn's choreography and not Christina's dancing.  I feel bad for Jenn because Christina managed to completely butcher that choreography and did not do it justice AT ALL.  It could have been amazing if some of the others had done it, but Christina?  She made it look BAD.

28 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

*VOMIT* No energy, bad extensions especially in those leaps, then the TWERK. Seriously, Kelli WE ARE NOT BLIND.

Blind we might not have been before that performance, but we might have gone at least a little blind afterwards because it was so bad.

3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

2. Sounds like Tara blended and had issues with her weight, during a summer of extremely talented rookie candidates. Another summer with less talent, she probably would’ve been safe. Sounds like to me they cut her in lieu of cutting a rookie. Tara was outdanced and out-figured. Not a good summer to lose your shine. 

If any vet was out-danced, I would have put my money on Christina instead of Tara, though Christina DOES have the better figure.  Still, looking great in the uniform should NOT be the ONLY reason one girl gets cut and another stays.  From what I understand, Tara was a solid dancer and performer even if she did blend at times as well as did well at appearances and the like. 

One other thing I'd like to point out before I run from any rotten tomatoes thrown my way. . . . I can think of one or two reasons why Victoria would not want to announce that she was cut from Training Camp.  The biggest reason is that, if it's true she was going around spouting off about how she was guaranteed a spot on the team, to have to admit that she not only DIDN'T make the squad, but that her actions caused her cut (if she'd even admit that), then she would be humiliated big time.  That humiliation would be the other reason why she wouldn't want to admit it.  She wouldn't want to admit to ANYONE (except maybe her parents), much less the general public, that she brought everything on herself and isn't the perfect, amazing dancer she made herself out to be 

• Love 5