Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

MRS decided to quit being a DCC after her second year to spend time with her boyfriend at the time (the guy is now her husband) and because she had a full time job. She decided to try out again after breaking up with boyfriend. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, but she was not allowed to go on the swimsuit calendar shoot. She said there were some mean girls on the team who questioned why she was not going on the calendar shoot, and she decided not to try out for a third year. I also remember reading some place she was saying Abigail Klein was going after her boyfriend. Of course she took it all back once she was ask to be a mentor. I personally do not think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte wanted her to be the mentor, but it was all CMT's idea. They probably thought she would bring in more fans, but after a survey done two years ago, fans were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes.

I doubt they wanted a mentor at all. Melissa is a shiny prize they can hold up because she won dancing with the stars. They leave out all the bachelor related stuff.

i think her segments would be better if they just let her give showmanship advice. It seems CMT comes up with all these bad ideas that take time away from actual dancing.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

MRS decided to quit being a DCC after her second year to spend time with her boyfriend at the time (the guy is now her husband) and because she had a full time job. She decided to try out again after breaking up with boyfriend. Kelli and Judy were fine with it, but she was not allowed to go on the swimsuit calendar shoot. She said there were some mean girls on the team who questioned why she was not going on the calendar shoot, and she decided not to try out for a third year. I also remember reading some place she was saying Abigail Klein was going after her boyfriend. Of course she took it all back once she was ask to be a mentor. I personally do not think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte wanted her to be the mentor, but it was all CMT's idea. They probably thought she would bring in more fans, but after a survey done two years ago, fans were asking for less Melissa the Mentor scenes.

Stupid questions:

Didn't she go on the Bachelor? And was she THE Bachelorette??  (Obviously, I never watched the shows..)

But, now she's married to her old boyfriend from her DCC days???

Edited by Tootie
Just now, DCCme said:

I was with Travis and his feedback in the powwow with Kelli and Judi and then guess who he named his favorite rookie... 

Victoria came from a contemporary background. Standing out in a room full of power house dancers, in her genre of choice, wouldn't have been that difficult imo. 

• Love 5

Yes of course Victoria was the best! Omg...ha I thought Erin looked better. And couldn't they have shown him critiquing a different group on the regular dance besides the one with her. Geez! Now I haven't been a big Victoria hater but I haven't loved her being shoved down our throats and everyone talking about how amazing she is. We can tell she's not.

• Love 5
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes of course Victoria was the best! Omg...ha I thought Erin looked better. And couldn't they have shown him critiquing a different group on the regular dance besides the one with her. Geez! Now I haven't been a big Victoria hater but I haven't loved her being shoved down our throats and everyone talking about how amazing she is. We can tell she's not.

Until this episode, I didn't think her weight gain looked so pronounced. She was already out of DCC shape at try-outs, but today I've done a few double takes. It's getting really, really noticeable. 

• Love 15

Not only did they pixk out Victoria as good but then there she is front and center again.

I am so sick and tired of there she is in the front again with all those teeth.

Talk about full of herself and entitled.

ENOUGH!

• Love 10
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Until this episode, I didn't think her weight gain looked so pronounced. She was already out of DCC shape at try-outs, but today I've done a few double takes. It's getting really, really noticeable. 

Yeah for sure. I noticed she covered up her stomach while doing a move in the dance with the small group.

• Love 4

Both of the falls looked very painful, and it must have been tough to get back up and dance so quickly.      Who was the second one that hit the floor?   She looked very heavy.  Dayton looked wonderful.   VK looked heavy.    Who picked the long gray tops?   They were hideous. 

Kristin looks ready to faint again. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm going to hell for this, but I never realized how ugly Tess is until tonight. 

I am too so I’ll save you a seat and we can critique those around us and how they’re doing in hell.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DCCme said:

I am too so I’ll save you a seat and we can critique those around us and how they’re doing in hell.

I think that about 40% of the rookies so keep my seat warm and make sure we have hot cocoa. 

• Love 12
Just now, Pebbles116 said:

REALLY Kelli? You NEVER call another girl in to ask about why she was "off"? But you do that for VK? EYEROLL

I’m still sputtering trying to express my feelings about this segment.  WTF?

• Love 16

I've seen the favoritism etc, but this was ridiculous and over the top. Where was Kelli calling Dayton in to tell her that she thought she did a good job on Show Group auditions and that she showed improvement but you call VK in because Denise was concerned? I CAN'T.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I’m still sputtering trying to express my feelings about this segment.  WTF?

I am practically salivating waiting for her cut...like I can not wait. 

Maturity alone should disqualify her. She can't get out of her funk because she didn't make SG? Girl please! 

It just further proves that Tina was like the Dance Mom who bounced around dance studios so VK always hear she was the best and brightest and could do no wrong. 

• Love 22

i'm shocked at how blatant Kelli is sometimes in her favoritism of Victoria. it's especially glaring when compared to how she has treated Dayton in the office visits. 

and maybe it's just because i'm not 18 anymore but Victoria's response to Kelli (her "I know" when any other girl would've said "yes ma'am" and taken it seriously, as well as flopping her head down on the table) was so unprofessional and rude. her immaturity really shows in moments like that and adds emphasis to the sentiment that she should take time to grow up and get away from the DCC world before auditioning again. COMBINED with the audacity to complain about not getting show group when she's a ROOKIE, i'm sick of Victoria and can't wait to see her cut scene. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Maturity alone should disqualify her. She can't get out of her funk because she didn't make SG? Girl please! 

It just further proves that Tina was like the Dance Mom who bounced around dance studios so VK always hear she was the best and brightest and could do no wrong. 

I can't watch this until tomorrow - is Judy still not saying anything?

• Love 1

Judy just isn't speaking up the way she used to.   I wonder if something's wrong?    I hope she just isn't discussing the cheerleaders on camera, but I'm sure her input is invaluable to the entire selection process.      I miss the way Judy and Kelli would discuss before cuts, and try to decide if it was the end of the line.    

I suspect that Judy and Kelli are talking a ton off camera.    I think it's a result of Erika and her lawsuit, and the other cheerleader lawsuits about being treated like ornaments, and not members of the team. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Bingo! She got shut down quite rudely during prelims after questioning VK’s abilities. Of course they didn’t show it, but I heard Judy was seen tearing up afterwards. 

Wow. Taking on Victoria has caused a lot of stress for the entire team. She’s just too young and should have been told to wait a year instead of making it into training camp. We all saw her issues with dancing at tryouts.

She could have been told privately if that was needed. It’s just not been great having her there trying to dance next to these accomplished women.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

My only disagreement is the appearance standards - those aren’t unique to the NFL or cheerleading - it’s really inherit to the dance/entertainment industry.  If you want to dance on a stage and have people enjoy watching you, good looks and a fit and slender figure are critical and always have been.   Broadway and the ballet companies do the same thing and you even see it in the dance competition world.

I have no problem w/ them wanting a living wage and the respect they deserve as dedicated employees, but there is nothing wrong with an employer who is hiring dance entertainers having appearance standards.

Amen, sister.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I noticed that too...lot of empty seats.

It’s pre-game so they perform Thunderstruck kind of early. I went to my only game in 2011 and I remember being outside with people that wanted to tail gate and I heard the announcement and I was so pissed off. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She said there were some mean girls on the team who questioned why she was not going on the calendar shoot, and she decided not to try out for a third year. I also remember reading some place she was saying Abigail Klein was going after her boyfriend.

After she decided not to try out she and Ty broke up, she applied for The Bachelor. Ty changed his mind but she wanted to go on to do the show. The rest is history.

1 hour ago, Pebbles116 said:

REALLY Kelli? You NEVER call another girl in to ask about why she was "off"? But you do that for VK? EYEROLL

Also NO COMMENT about her weight? REALLY?

I can remember that she called other girls in to ask about such things, but of course Kelli had to say that to Victoria because Victoria's just SO amazing that it was very obvious when she was off.  *sarcasm font OFF* Carissa was better and yet, when asked why she didn't want to audition for show group, she said she really wanted to (and had planned on it), but, due to financial and family pressures, had to be available to take every possible shift at work.  In addition, Kelli REALLY should have said something about her weight because she's gaining practically before our eyes. 

1 hour ago, hereforthedrama said:

if it was any other girl saying they didn't perform because they didn't make showgroup....toxic entitled attitude??

Otherwise known as Victoria.  I've rarely known girls like that and never hung around them because they annoy me.  There's been times where I've felt that I was entitled to things and got cheated out of them, but then reality hit and I realized that I either wasn't what they were looking for, it wasn't the right time, or that I did something to screw up my chances of getting whatever it was.  That's not only called reality, but maturity.  Life and growing up either tend to slap such things out of people, isolates them so they can't infect anyone else with their delusions, or kills them off (not that I want Victoria to die, just to grow up some).  

1 hour ago, Pebbles116 said:

I've seen the favoritism etc, but this was ridiculous and over the top. Where was Kelli calling Dayton in to tell her that she thought she did a good job on Show Group auditions and that she showed improvement but you call VK in because Denise was concerned? I CAN'T.

Because Kelli wants to show that she's super tough on the legacies so they don't come in thinking that they can just walk onto the squad because of who their parents are.  But that also doesn't explain why she's super-tough on Dayton, but so extremely lenient with Victoria when Kelli should be coming down on VICTORIA with both feet because of the attitude (and other issues), but be somewhat more lenient with Dayton (though she was right to get on Dayton for being late even if what she said wasn't the best way to put it).

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I see not only immaturity, but a complete lack of discipline.  I don't see that Victoria ever learned discipline to any significant degree.  She seems to almost have been encouraged NOT to be disciplined, to be "wild and free", uninhibited in everything she does and says.  While that sort of thing may provide great inspiration and experiences for the emotional side of things, it doesn't do much else for the dancing.  As for Tina, I can see this as well.  She seems to think that Victoria has to be the best, but hasn't really given her the training or the opportunities to get there.  Instead, she wanted to feed both her's and Victoria's ego and went to the studios that provided the ego-boosts they needed.  Too bad neither one of them made sure that Victoria got the solid training she needed, especially in ballet, because, if she had the discipline, she would gotten the training and if she didn't have the discipline, but got the right training, she would have GOTTEN the discipline or left.

1 hour ago, toopastel said:

i'm shocked at how blatant Kelli is sometimes in her favoritism of Victoria. it's especially glaring when compared to how she has treated Dayton in the office visits. 

and maybe it's just because i'm not 18 anymore but Victoria's response to Kelli (her "I know" when any other girl would've said "yes ma'am" and taken it seriously, as well as flopping her head down on the table) was so unprofessional and rude. her immaturity really shows in moments like that and adds emphasis to the sentiment that she should take time to grow up and get away from the DCC world before auditioning again. COMBINED with the audacity to complain about not getting show group when she's a ROOKIE, i'm sick of Victoria and can't wait to see her cut scene. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli didn't want people to think she's taking it easy on any of the legacies so she's tougher on Dayton.  Too bad it's completely obvious that she's not doing that with Victoria even though she thinks she is.  She's not only wearing blinders, but rose-colored sunglasses.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think that Judy is frustrated by the whole VK thing.  I wonder if she made a comment and Kelli shut her down.  

I think this is very likely.  It would have had to have been very early on and definitely lends credence to the idea that Kelli and Charlotte shut down anyone who wasn't pro-Victoria during auditions.  I get that Kelli is the director, but Victoria is the ONE girl (besides her own daughter) where she should have stepped out.  Charlotte could have been the one to take her place during deliberations for Victoria, but it seems that Kelli thought that, if she wasn't there during deliberations, Victoria wouldn't make Finals or Training Camp (and she probably wouldn't have).  I wonder what Judy said and if it was about Victoria, about Kelli's outright patronage/favoritism, both, neither or something else.

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Bingo! She got shut down quite rudely during prelims after questioning VK’s abilities. Of course they didn’t show it, but I heard Judy was seen tearing up afterwards. 

I'm not surprised.  For all the leniency Cassie got and the favoritism she was show during her tenure, it's NOTHING like we've seen Victoria getting, especially if Judy compared her to Cassie and how Victoria lacks even Cassie's skills in certain departments (or just her form).  I also wonder if she made at least one comment about how Victoria was getting into another girl's space (but made out to be the other way around) during auditions.  However, SOMEONE needed/needs to say something.  Too bad Kelli had to get after Judy for saying something she didn't want to hear (which likely means Kelli knows it was the truth but didn't want to admit it).

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Wow. Taking on Victoria has caused a lot of stress for the entire team. She’s just too young and should have been told to wait a year instead of making it into training camp. We all saw her issues with dancing at tryouts.

She could have been told privately if that was needed. It’s just not been great having her there trying to dance next to these accomplished women.

While I think Victoria played a huge part in all the stress and other issues between her and the other girls with her entitled attitude and all the rest, I think Kelli plays just as large a part because the other girls can either see or sense the favoritism and don't like it, mainly because they're working their backsides off to make the team and Victoria isn't only not seeming to work as hard, but gaining weight and a whole host of things and looks to be coasting onto the team without the work ethic, discipline, skills or anything else many of the other girls have.

57 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Apparently she complained A LOT to the other girls about show group which didn’t help with her entitled reputation. She didn’t think it fair that she won a Barbie but didn’t make SG. 

A lot of girls win Barbies, but not only don't make Show Group, but sometimes get cut.  If Victoria can't see that she's extremely lucky just to still be in Training Camp (if not just lucky to be there AT ALL) and STILL complains about not making Show Group, then she's more spoiled and entitled than I thought.

40 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I can't get over Kelli saying to VK ,"If it was anybody else making cuts, tonight would have been your last night". I think that proves the favoritism right there. 

Someone else SHOULD be making the cuts this season because there's really no reason why Victoria's still there and there's no reason she would have made it to Finals or Training Camp if Kelli hadn't been involved.  Malena shouldn't still be there either.  Neither girl really has what it takes to be a DCC right now and some would say that Malena doesn't have what it takes period.  I would tend to agree about Malena and think she should give up the dream of being a DCC, especially if she continues to have memory problems and doesn't do anything to correct them or offset them to a measurable degree.  Victoria needs at least a year away from Dallas (probably Texas altogether) and her mom to grow up, gain some maturity and real life experience, then come back and try again if that's what she really wants.

19 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not sure, but Tina is currently not speaking to Kelli. Tina claims that Princess Piggy was wronged. 

Not surprised there about what Tina supposedly is feeling.  She seems the type to not only think her baby girl can do no wrong, but also is trying to relive her "glory days" of being a DCC through Victoria.  Victoria reminds me a lot of Veruca Salt and Tina Mrs. Salt.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 23
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not sure, but Tina is currently not speaking to Kelli. Tina claims that Princess Piggy was wronged. 

Didn't someone claim, at some point, that it got so bad for Vicky that Tina was hoping she didn't make the team? Have you heard anything along those lines?

Also, I'm curious, do you know if the girls were happy when she got cut?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Didn't someone claim, at some point, that it got so bad for Vicky that Tina was hoping she didn't make the team? Have you heard anything along those lines?

Also, I'm curious, do you know if the girls were happy when she got cut?

I haven’t heard that about Tina. From what I heard, she thought it was already a done deal and was pissed when she got cut. 

From what I’ve heard, the other girls were thrilled but obviously couldn’t let it show.  There was more than one celebration that night, but all was kept on the down low. 

• Love 21