Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

Well, show is ending with the first game again this year.  DCC Instastory just showed the girls dancing with the caption “last day filming with CMT.”  I wish they’d show a little bit into the season like they did during season 6 (I think it was), but do a better job this time ??

It was Season 7. I thought the episodes they did in Season 7 after the first home pre-season games were bad with a capital B. It was the same ole wash, lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Stephanie made show group???? Bc iirc she wasn't a standout. I can see kaitlyn and I definitely remember Olivia being the only rookie announced. Maybe they jump cut. They do that a lot. Bugs the crap out of me.

Stephanie is a very good dancer - she toured with Pit Bull, was in music videos and was a Miami Heat cheerleader.  I think, like other girls, she wasn't strong in the DCC style.  I don't know if she improved on it by the end of the season.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Hi quick question...who has the better position Khalyn or Gina in the triangle??

Khalyn, bc when they spread out, she’s smack in the center.

I’m surprised to see Heather pushed back farther and Maddie in the triangle.

• Love 4

Khalyn is tall so I see why they put her behind Kash.

wonder if Gina will be in the actual triangle next year since she’s so close this year. 

I’m super excited for all of the rookies this year. Not a huge fan of Brennan, but I’ll deal lol

add me into those who’s suprised Heather wasn’t in the triangle. It’s two brunettes and a blonde now.

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I would not be surprised to see Gina in the triangle next year and as point the year after (maybe even next year?) if she stays long enough. She is undoubtedly one of their strongest dancers and checks every box in terms of performance.

Gina can dance, I think she will be a good point girl. I like the longer hair she has right now too. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Khalyn is tall so I see why they put her behind Kash.

wonder if Gina will be in the actual triangle next year since she’s so close this year. 

I’m super excited for all of the rookies this year. Not a huge fan of Brennan, but I’ll deal lol

add me into those who’s suprised Heather wasn’t in the triangle. It’s two brunettes and a blonde now.

I feel bad for Heather. She was not made a group leader and isn’t moved up in the triangle. She seemed sad in the episode last night talking about little Heather, I wonder if this will be her last year.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

She announced that a while ago, before finals even. Such a bummer.

I will miss Kash...hope she has the best year yet!  

Different subject..I am guessing this will be Christina’s last year as well.  She’s 30 now..that is pretty old for a cheerleader!

Edited by MssdDrms
Punctuation
  • Love 2

You do not have to retire because you are 30. There have been women who have auditioned when they were 30 and I am not talking about Colby.  30 is not old!! 

22 minutes ago, DCCMTT2018 said:

I think it got deleted because of the music so I posted it without music this time.

Prince routine

Thanks for posting! I am not the biggest fan of that routine though, because its kinda slow and boring.  I like to see completely new routines with all new sequences.  Like that one from the 2nd performance at Cowboys TC

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

I will miss Kash...hope she has the best year yet!  

Different subject..I am guessing this will be Christina’s last year as well.  She’s 30 now..that is pretty old for a cheerleader!

Kelli is 31.

Christina has been trying to get on this team for forEVER. She's going to stay until her legs fall off or until she LOOKS old.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I would not be surprised to see Gina in the triangle next year and as point the year after (maybe even next year?) if she stays long enough. She is undoubtedly one of their strongest dancers and checks every box in terms of performance.

I agree. But next year I would love to see Khalyn at point. She really blew me away with her on the field dancing this year, and she made Show Group!! Reminds me of Nicole Hamilton!!

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I feel bad for Heather. She was not made a group leader and isn’t moved up in the triangle. She seemed sad in the episode last night talking about little Heather, I wonder if this will be her last year.

Seems like she may be in the dog house for some reason.  Who is she friends with?  Any association w/ Jenna and/or Erica?  The LSU girls?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Kelli is 31.

Christina has been trying to get on this team for forEVER. She's going to stay until her legs fall off or until she LOOKS old.

Christina looks SO good on the show this year. Just before interviews she wore a yellow dress and I thought, dayum!! She's got the cutest figure! 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Me too. It’s surprising since Kelli named her last year as one of their outstanding rookies and made her a GL2.

11 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

I agree. But next year I would love to see Khalyn at point. She really blew me away with her on the field dancing this year, and she made Show Group!! Reminds me of Nicole Hamilton!!

I agree, but last year she was injured a lot of times, so i worry she will either retire this year or stay at the same position as they can’t risk having to replace someone in the triange with an all star.

This is the first time in a while that i’m rooting for so many rookies. I already have so many faves, which is really good considering that most of the vets I like are likely to retire.

1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she retires after this season.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Kelli is 31.

LOL...good point ...she spent most of her 20’s trying to make the team.  Anyone know who was the oldest cheerleader before they retired?

7 hours ago, Gham said:

Yes! Cianna has curls! 

A2023E68-80CB-4A71-8919-7F20AEC389D4.jpeg

Not a fan terrible

53 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I love Khalyn, but I don’t think they would choose her for point over Gina (just my opinion of course). I could see her in the triangle with Gina though. 

Ugh shoot me know ... she really has terrible technique 

19 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Any of the cut at finals gets in their group? Just wondering...what happened...?

I believe Selina was, but Keyra was in group one. The 3 who left through the year were in groups 1, 2, and 3. So, the departures were throughout the groups. I would be surprised if her demotion (seems fair to call it that) was related to the departures. At this point, who knows though. 

I like most of the sidelines that I’ve seen so far. Not really seeing any weak links so far.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I believe Selina was, but Keyra was in group one. The 3 who left through the year were in groups 1, 2, and 3. So, the departures were throughout the groups. I would be surprised if her demotion (seems fair to call it that) was related to the departures. At this point, who knows though. 

I like most of the sidelines that I’ve seen so far. Not really seeing any weak links so far.

Nothing impressive at this point ...look like average dancers... clean and that is about all that can be said, NO pop, NO spark just there 

• Love 1
Just now, JohnGalt said:

Not sure what you’re asking? Selina was in their group, but that’s not related to Heather’s lack of leadership status this year.

Thanks, just wondering if perhaps Keyra was and there were other problems beside's lateness. and...a group leader or assistant(Heather O.) did not lead or assist according to dcc.

Thanks again. for replying. 

4 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Seriously! How is it AUGUST and we still have not heard anything at all about this person?!

Her name is familiar - did she try out before?  Have a relative who tried out before?  Maybe it's just all the social media from before tryouts and thru the summer?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Seriously! How is it AUGUST and we still have not heard anything at all about this person?!

Because her instagram was private and I think now she may have deleted it, so there wasn't much to discuss earlier in the summer. I'm a bit surprised her college dance team hasn't posted anything about her making DCC. She didn't graduate that long ago, and they have posts for other alumni who made the Chiefs Cheerleaders.

Here is an old, but interesting article about her from a few years ago: Sundvold Goes for Gold

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

The Fiersome 5.....amazing group of ladies 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I really don’t want to sound like a hater, but this is a sad day for dcc. There, I said it. They would never put a non-dcc looking girl anywhere near triangle and definitely not in the triangle (Cassie doesn’t count). While I like Madeleine, she’s nowhere near dcc perfection and they used to have such amazing GLs and triangles, it’s kind of depressing.

She could teach Kelli how to be one honestly... And I could learn from her to as I’m so angry on her behalf. Being cut a few days before the end of TC as a vet especially is terrible, even more so when you are cut for being overweight when their point has weight issues herself (and I adore Kash) and for being outdanced while they’re keeping Yuko, Jessika and Savannah over her.

I’m glad Lauren is engaged but I don’t want her to retire! 4 vets are engaged now and I assume all of them will retire this season...

I know Lauren and Lexi are engaged. Who are the other two ?? 

• Love 1

I just hope Heather did something that actually warranted her being demoted, and this wasn’t a way to “punish” her for something petty. Perhaps she just wasn’t very good at calling the sideline dances. I don’t know, but to not even be selected as a second again? I feel for her. That has to be embarrassing especially if she wasn’t expecting it.

ETA: Did Ashlee cheer for another pro or college team? Neither she or Briana appears to have a big social media presence, so I’m curious. I know Briana danced at Alabama and for the Titans, but I haven’t heard much about Ashlee.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

First of all, Brennan looks great and I’m so happy she finally made it. She definitely came back this year with the confidence Kelli and Judy had been consistently asking for. 

I really can’t get over how pretty Ashlee is and how that TCC collage did not do her any justice haha. 

I’m not a huge Kashara fan and would prefer Lacey at point but I’m glad she came back and proved she earned that spot. 

Last and most exciting of all OMG MADDIE IS IN THE TRIANGLE!!!!!!! Personally she is one of my favorite DCC’s. I think she’s a captivating dancer and I think she looks great. I know some people think she doesn’t have the “DCC look” or whatever but obviously Kelli and Judy think she does and that’s great. I don’t believe there is such a thing as the “DCC look” as attractiveness is subjective anyway.

I agree! I love Maddie.  She has a touch of awkwardness to her that the awkward girl in me just relates to.  I like both her dancing and her non-traditional DCC look plus her eyes seriously twinkle - she could give Santa a run for his money.  

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Because her instagram was private and I think now she may have deleted it, so there wasn't much to discuss earlier in the summer. I'm a bit surprised her college dance team hasn't posted anything about her making DCC. She didn't graduate that long ago, and they have posts for other alumni who made the Chiefs Cheerleaders.

Here is an old, but interesting article about her from a few years ago: Sundvold Goes for Gold

Here's another, from when she was HS homecoming queen.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

I don’t see anyone really primed to be point except for Gina, since I’m sure Kashara and Lacey are retiring. Maybe Kelli Sullivan? Maddie is cute, but I just don’t see her at point. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Here's another, from when she was HS homecoming queen.

Here is her HS team dancing at a school assembly. Super cute. She looks great, and this was before 4 years of college dance.

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t see anyone really primed to be point except for Gina, since I’m sure Kashara and Lacey are retiring. Maybe Kelli Sullivan? Maddie is cute, but I just don’t see her at point. 

Savannah will be point...LMAO......im sorry ppl, i had to....(see's herself out)

• Love 12
1 minute ago, BonnieBlue said:

Given how absurd this season has been so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Victoria is made point next year.

No no, TK was so green with envy over VK, She auditioned, made it back, and is point! lol

• Love 8

I didn't realize how tall Taylor was until I saw the pics of Dayton and her together. She looks great - at least I think it was Taylor, I haven't gotten all the newbies down yet. 

Edited by Txmomof2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I feel like Holly Arielle came out of nowhere when they made her point. Maybe we’ll have another sleeper? 

• Love 8