Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought we always knew the team before the show started.

I remember seeing the girls at TC watching MTT all together last year.  Seems like they watched it 2 or 3 times together while still in TC.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I remember seeing the girls at TC watching MTT all together last year.  Seems like they watched it 2 or 3 times together while still in TC.

Yes I remember the ttc watching it last year and cuts were made after at some point 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Gham said:

When do you guys think the team will be finalized?

I think the squad will be finalized by the end of this week since the first pre-season game is Thursday, August 9th against San Francisco.  That means up to 5 girls will be cut, depending on how many girls will be on the final squad.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6

For those who purchase the season on Amazon, when does the new season typically become available for purchase?

Usually the day after it airs, although sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) there's an unexplained delay of a few days. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think the squad will be finalized by the end of this week since the first pre-season game is Thursday, August 9th against San Francisco.  That means up to 5 girls will be cut, depending on how many girls will be on the final squad.

Goodness. I feel terrible for the girls. I can’t imagine the pressure that they’re feelings this week, knowing that there are likely to be several more cuts. I hate that they string them along like this all summer.

I didn’t realize that the first preseason game was so soon. I guess this brings the timeline of the team announcement and show more in line with past years. Only one episode will likely air before the team is announced.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

For those who purchase the season on Amazon, when does the new season typically become available for purchase?

You can purchase the season as a whole usually right around the first episode airs. Then, usually a few hours after each episode airs on CMT, it's available for you to view on Amazon. I would get an email around midnight to 2am saying it was available to view. There was a time or two it was a day later, but it was usually within hours. 

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Goodness. I feel terrible for the girls. I can’t imagine the pressure that they’re feelings this week, knowing that there are likely to be several more cuts. I hate that they string them along like this all summer.

Auditions started in May and they go until August, that is 3 months of intense stress.  I wish Kelli would have cut the girls last week since so many went home this week end.  If they are getting cut this week the fair thing would have been to let them go last week instead of giving them 4 days off and then bringing them back and cutting them.  

I don't believe there is practice tonight.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I think the squad will be finalized by the end of this week since the first pre-season game is Thursday, August 9th against San Francisco. 

This game is in SF;  @bigskygirl is correct regarding the 1st home game.  Crazy thought, I wonder if cuts are done and they're taking a larger team this year.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This game is in SF;  @bigskygirl is correct regarding the 1st home game.  Crazy thought, I wonder if cuts are done and they're taking a larger team this year.

I saw the schedule and read the first game as the first HOME game instead of an away game, so, yes, there are two weeks left instead of one.  However, I don't think they'll take a larger team this year unless they can't find a single reason, legitimate or otherwise, to cut girls.  That hasn't stopped them from cutting girls in the past so it's certainly possible now.  I suspect that one of the reasons the girls have had this time off is so Judy and Kelli can step away long enough to clear their heads and refocus one last time on who should be on the squad.  Given that they made a cut (and a poorly timed one, not only given how busy they were leading up to Canton, but what happened during and afterwards), they probably don't want to do the same thing this year.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought we always knew the team before the show started.

Yeah, remember the time that someone on here made a comment about how someone had performed at a game and another poster was upset cause we were spoiling it for them cause the team hadn't been picked yet on the show?  And the rest of us were like, but don't you watch the games - it's October, we've known the squad for weeks!!  And if I remember right, it lead to a discussion about real time vs show time.  I think it was on this board.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, AddictedtoReality said:

Yes I remember the ttc watching it last year and cuts were made after at some point 

No, the team is always finalized before it airs. There were no more cuts unless someone leaves like Alexandria or is asked to leave for something bad. They also do he team photo before the show airs. But they’ve started not releasing the team photo until later in the fall, but even so the team is finalized before the show airs. Unless they’re doing something completely different this year. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
Cuts referring to prior seasons
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, the team is always finalized before it airs. There are no more cuts unless someone leaves like Alexandria or is asked to leave for something bad. They also do he team photo before the show airs. But they’ve started not releasing the team photo until later in the fall, but even so the team is finalized before the show airs. Unless they’re doing something completely different this year. 

How do you know there isn’t anymore cuts ? 

• Love 1
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I highly doubt they'll wait till last minute to fully announce the team. They've gotta start blocking formations and groups and learn how to sideline perform as a group. It's probably sometime within the next week that they'll announce.

It will be at some point within the next week and a half so that they'll have at least a week and a half to really solidify everything and possibly make last minute changes.  At this point in previous seasons, the girls have already started practicing the entrance and doing some work at the stadium.  They probably already had an idea of who was going to be where in the entrance, but the REAL blocking will be this week.  I wonder if the girls who are most at risk for being cut are at the back of the entrance so there isn't as much need for rearranging further up in the formation.  There will also be some rearranging within the groups once the team is finalized so that they're more equal in terms of size, if not dance.

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, the team is always finalized before it airs. There are no more cuts unless someone leaves like Alexandria or is asked to leave for something bad. They also do he team photo before the show airs. But they’ve started not releasing the team photo until later in the fall, but even so the team is finalized before the show airs. Unless they’re doing something completely different this year. 

We saw photos of the girls watching the show during Training Camp last year.  I remember a couple of photos of girls in pink and blue watching at least one episode (or part of one) during Training Camp.  I don't think they would announce the team, then ask everyone to stay in pink and blue for additional footage.  However, I think they announced the team within a week of the first episode airing, like the Friday after the second episode.  As for there being no more cuts, I think there WILL be more cuts because there are at least four more days of dancing this week.  They could cut at least one girl a day, cut two girls on Friday (or any combination of cuts and days), then announce the team Friday, if then.  I'm curious to see when or if we get any info, not only on IF there were cuts, but who and when.  I suspect that any girl who was cut this week would be absolutely crushed because they got within a week and half of actually being on the team.  In the case of Amy A. and Kyndall, they were within reach before it was snatched away.  Amy A. was within a couple of hours of making it and Kyndall was literally within minutes of making the team. 

• Love 3

Maybe there have been more cuts and we just don't know about them... I find it very hard to believe that no one got cut after those 2 late night CMT practices and cameos!! Taylor T was cut before then right? 

• Love 1

I also forgot to add that the new audition dates go up on the DCC website shortly after either the squad is announced or the show starts.  I seem to remember seeing them there withing two to three weeks after the show started, but I don't remember exactly when they went up.  Either way, they were up after the squad was announced (even if it wasn't on the show).

12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

In the case of Amy A. and Kyndall, they were within reach before it was snatched away.  Amy A. was within a couple of hours of making it and Kyndall was literally within minutes of making the team. 

I don't think those two were ever going to make the team. Cutting them at the last minute made for great, heartbreaking drama considering their storylines. I'm not really a Brennan fan, but I hope she avoids that same fate. It's just cruel.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I can see decisions being made and the squad being finalized by Friday, but I don't see how there can be "no more cuts" unless the squad has already been decided upon and will be 41 girls, which I doubt.  If that IS the case, why draw it out until Friday and, if it isn't, then there WILL be more cuts.

25 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

How do you know there isn’t anymore cuts ? 

I don’t know. Never said I did. I was referring to prior seasons. 

Maybe I'm crazy but I’m prior seasons the team was always finalized before the show aired. But I guess last year they did move up the premier of the show. ?‍♀️

23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It will be at some point within the next week and a half so that they'll have at least a week and a half to really solidify everything and possibly make last minute changes.  At this point in previous seasons, the girls have already started practicing the entrance and doing some work at the stadium.  They probably already had an idea of who was going to be where in the entrance, but the REAL blocking will be this week.  I wonder if the girls who are most at risk for being cut are at the back of the entrance so there isn't as much need for rearranging further up in the formation.  There will also be some rearranging within the groups once the team is finalized so that they're more equal in terms of size, if not dance.

We saw photos of the girls watching the show during Training Camp last year.  I remember a couple of photos of girls in pink and blue watching at least one episode (or part of one) during Training Camp.  I don't think they would announce the team, then ask everyone to stay in pink and blue for additional footage.  However, I think they announced the team within a week of the first episode airing, like the Friday after the second episode.  As for there being no more cuts, I think there WILL be more cuts because there are at least four more days of dancing this week.  They could cut at least one girl a day, cut two girls on Friday (or any combination of cuts and days), then announce the team Friday, if then.  I'm curious to see when or if we get any info, not only on IF there were cuts, but who and when.  I suspect that any girl who was cut this week would be absolutely crushed because they got within a week and half of actually being on the team.  In the case of Amy A. and Kyndall, they were within reach before it was snatched away.  Amy A. was within a couple of hours of making it and Kyndall was literally within minutes of making the team. 

Huh. I have absolutely no memory of the girls watching the show in training camp. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?

In regards to my comments about cuts, I was referring to prior seasons, not this season. I’m absolutely clueless about this season. 

I guess in the old days the show aired later which is why the team was always finalized before the premier episode. Even if it wasn’t announced to the public, it was final and no more cuts. They went through a few years where they wouldn’t post the team photo or anything until they did on the show, but the team had been finalized months before. 

Either way, it’ll be final by the first preseason home game!

5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t know. Never said I did. I was referring to prior seasons. 

Maybe I'm crazy but I’m prior seasons the team was always finalized before the show aired. But I guess last year they did move up the premier of the show. ?‍♀️

Oh ok I misunderstood lol 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Maybe there have been more cuts and we just don't know about them... I find it very hard to believe that no one got cut after those 2 late night CMT practices and cameos!! Taylor T was cut before then right? 

I almost posted this..... I’ve been thinking there have been more cuts, maybe just kept quiet?! 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Huh. I have absolutely no memory of the girls watching the show in training camp. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?

In regards to my comments about cuts, I was referring to prior seasons, not this season. I’m absolutely clueless about this season. 

I guess in the old days the show aired later which is why the team was always finalized before the premier episode. Even if it wasn’t announced to the public, it was final and no more cuts. They went through a few years where they wouldn’t post the team photo or anything until they did on the show, but the team had been finalized months before. 

Either way, it’ll be final by the first preseason home game!

Thanks for explaining.  I must have missed that part, about previous seasons.  Many of the previous seasons DID start later, I want to say around the end of August or beginning of September (maybe later).  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Thanks for explaining.  I must have missed that part, about previous seasons.  Many of the previous seasons DID start later, I want to say around the end of August or beginning of September (maybe later).  

The shows used to start usually about the first week of September, and then a couple years ago they switched to the early August premiere! I think the first couple of seasons didn’t premiere until October! Imagine having to wait til then for the first episode. 

• Love 2

My guess is either there have been cuts we don't know of, or they will take a larger squad.  The have done cameos and field practice and that always weeds girls out. I'm wondering if because of the odd season last season with 3 girls leaving they have decided to bring in a couple more girls to cover that if it happens again. 

• Love 4

My bet is at this stage there are 3 candidates they are wavering on. They will either cut one or all 3. Watching past seasons now. Love some of the girls from older squads but to me it's amazing how far they have come in dance ability and fitness. Some of the solos had me laughing. Melissa Rycroft's silly clumsy solo from season 2. That made it through?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Have they ever had an odd number of girls? They have 41 left correct? So either 1, 3 or 5 should get cut? I know they say 36 but jeez that's a lot this late in TC. Just a thought.

They’ve taken 39. And, I believe 37 one year. But, yes, they’ve taken odd numbers. 

4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, the team is always finalized before it airs. There were no more cuts unless someone leaves like Alexandria or is asked to leave for something bad. They also do he team photo before the show airs. But they’ve started not releasing the team photo until later in the fall, but even so the team is finalized before the show airs. Unless they’re doing something completely different this year. 

There have been a few years (last year is one) that the premier happened during the last week or two of camp. 

• Love 5

I hate to say it, but I feel like they're leaving a lot of cuts till the end strictly for dramatic purposes and ratings. Last year, season 12 was the highest-rated season yet so they have a high bar set and more than likely want to exceed last year's ratings. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Here they are last year at the star, still in training camp--watching the show.  The one circled is Taryn~the final cut.  Also, last year they did the squad photo very late...after the pre-season had started.  I can't remember the date, but I think it was pushed back due to HOF week.

TCC watching MTT.png

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here they are last year at the star, still in training camp--watching the show.  The one circled is Taryn~the final cut.  Also, last year they did the squad photo very late...after the pre-season had started.  I can't remember the date, but I think it was pushed back due to HOF week.

TCC watching MTT.png

Ok, so last year was different.... they changed it up, I guess. Now that you mention it, they did do the team photo super late. I remember now. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Have they ever had an odd number of girls? They have 41 left correct? So either 1, 3 or 5 should get cut? I know they say 36 but jeez that's a lot this late in TC. Just a thought.

They took 39 in season 8 I think when they took Morgan and Kaitlyn Larae. I think they took 37 one year. I'm pretty sure they took 34 one year also which isn't an odd number of course but it makes the four groups unequal in size. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Ok, so last year was different.... they changed it up, I guess. Now that you mention it, they did do the team photo super late. I remember now. 

Season 10 also aired it’s premier on 8/6.  That was 2 weeks before first preseason game, so it aired before camp was over as well. 

2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I hate to say it, but I feel like they're leaving a lot of cuts till the end strictly for dramatic purposes and ratings. Last year, season 12 was the highest-rated season yet so they have a high bar set and more than likely want to exceed last year's ratings. 

I agree. I'll repeat my prediction from a couple weeks ago which is that they do 3-5 cuts in one night just for the drama. I think it's cruel, but I can see them doing that for the ratings. I'm sure they already know who they want to cut. JMO 

I could be wrong and they do something unexpected (again for the ratings) and take a bigger squad, I just don't think they will do that though.

No matter what happens I hope the squad they pick stays for the year. I felt terrible for the vets cut at finals and the cut TCC's when Alexandria and Kalyssa left. Not so much Milan as she was a 3 year member and seemed to have a valid reason for leaving. Again JMO

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I agree. I'll repeat my prediction from a couple weeks ago which is that they do 3-5 cuts in one night just for the drama. I think it's cruel, but I can see them doing that for the ratings. I'm sure they already know who they want to cut. JMO 

I could be wrong and they do something unexpected (again for the ratings) and take a bigger squad, I just don't think they will do that though.

No matter what happens I hope the squad they pick stays for the year. I felt terrible for the vets cut at finals and the cut TCC's when Alexandria and Kalyssa left. Not so much Milan as she was a 3 year member and seemed to have a valid reason for leaving. Again JMO

I feel like this tc has been drug out so long already so they probably will wait til the last minute and make their final cuts all in one night 

6 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I've thought about this before. There's no way they would go all summer with only 3 cuts and wanting the perfect squad of 36. If other cuts were made and the girls didn't post about it, I wonder how many could have been made ?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

I've thought about this before. There's no way they would go all summer with only 3 cuts and wanting the perfect squad of 36. If other cuts were made and the girls didn't post about it, I wonder how many could have been made ?

I have thought abt this as well I know if they really only made 3 cuts they need to cut 5 more to get to there 36 squad members 

Of course these late cuts are for drama. Other organizations pick a team in a weekend. After months of watching these girls dance every day, if they don't know who should be on the team by now, they don't know what they are doing. This is all just for show. I just feel bad for the girls cut at the end because they could be missing out on other opportunities. Honestly, I'm glad Dayton was cut early or she wouldn't have her cruise ship gig.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I have thought abt this as well I know if they really only made 3 cuts they need to cut 5 more to get to there 36 squad members 

There have been 4 cuts - Taylor was the most recent we know about. Dayton, Lindsay and Jasmine are the other 3. 

But there are still a lot to be cut to get to 36.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Txmomof2 said:

There have been 4 cuts - Taylor was the most recent we know about. Dayton, Lindsay and Jasmine are the other 3. 

But there are still a lot to be cut to get to 36.

I ment to say 4 thanks for cleaning that up 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Brennan posted a "good morning from the beach" Insta story yesterday morning, so it looks like she's still in Florida.  That doesn't bode well for her still being in training camp.  

9 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Brennan posted a "good morning from the beach" Insta story yesterday morning, so it looks like she's still in Florida.  That doesn't bode well for her still being in training camp.  

If she had been cut it couldn't be a good morning for her.

• Love 1