Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Miranda's engaged!

He did a great job. If you flip through the pics, he had a table set with champagne, pics of them all around the table, and another chalkboard that read: “she said yes!”

I wonder if he had another board that said: “we have to talk” just kidding!!   

Happy for her!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I was just sitting here dreaming.  Wouldn't it be awesome if instead of the normal Kelli reveal, they just started the final episode of the season with a talking head of her telling us that she is going to introduce us to the team one by one?  Then we get a whole episode of each vet and each rookie that makes it with a one minute montage of backstory, try outs, solos, got each DCC? 

Edited by Opine
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Opine said:

I was just sitting here dreaming.  Wouldn't it be awesome if instead of the normal Kelli reveal, they just started the final episode of the season with a talking head of her telling us that she is going to introduce us to the team one by one?  Then we get a whole episode of each vet and each rookie that makes it with a one minute montage of backstory, try outs, solos, got each DCC? 

Love this. After 13 years, the series could use a refresh. All GREAT reality shows keep their format evolving. Examples that do it well are Project Runway and Master Chef.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, hypeman said:

In case there is any ambiguity, I think Kashara is the worst point I've seen.

16 hours ago, hypeman said:

I am just still perplexed by the tremendous leap forward.

All this.

11 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

obviously i'm a poor judge of who should be point i guess

Not compared to what Kelli and Judy (I almost combined them and called them Jelli LOL) think :)

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

If any group has a potential to be a rebuilding group, it's the rookie TCCs this year. 

I still will just shrug when people say they hate Kash as point.  Some of us truly think she's great there.  I tried to force myself to watch other people in that latest clip from Oxnard and I just always go back to her, i can't help it- she has a spark I love and it makes perfect sense to me why she got the spot.  sorry not sorry :) That's not taking away from Jenna tho - I agree that she should have been point last year and it was def hers to lose.  it's so sad she couldn't keep her act together.  she really was incredible at the dcc style. 

also i will say say Gina is killing it in that clip - i hope she stays awhile because point is hers down the road.  tho obviously i'm a poor judge of who should be point i guess LOL! 

YES!!! I personally really love Kash at point, and she is one of my favorite DCC’s to date. I agree she is not the most technical dancer of the group, but she is a good dancer and brings other qualities that I do not think other girls have! If they were to ever move her from point, however, it would not be the end all be all for me as I do think there are other girls who would shine at point too. HOWEVER, there are going to be people who complain no matter who is at point. You cannot please everyone, and no one DCC would gather the support of the entire fan base. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I would have fired Jenna.  From a management perspective, she was breaking the rules, saw the Holly situation and did nothing, and there are the rumors of her own fraternization.  She certainly lost any right to be group leader and point.  I rooted for Jenna from the very beginning but believe being a DCC went to her head and then it became her only claim to fame.  I do wonder about the inconsistent way K and J hold people accountable.  They seemed to look the the other way with Paige.  I looked at her website on her wedding and it talks of meeting her husband her very first year in December.  So she had seasons of dancing while dating him.  Her roommate Danielle had to know.  Paige quietly left the team.  I do see the difference between Holly involved in casual hookup and Paige in a relationship but every relationship starts with a first date.

I love Kashara at point.  She has a spark that makes you watch her.  She's also from management perspective a great leader and a good risk.  After Jenna, Holly, and Erica last year they want someone they can trust.  I believe it is much more the total package than the technical dancer.  Maddie may still look like a kid although she has matured some and the hair looks better a little longer but she's fun to watch and a great dancer.  After that incredible solo, she will be rewarded.  

As to Gina, I agree.  Great body, great dancer, not the prettiest face.  She did not come across well last year and so I am sure that factors in my opinion.

I just finished watching the season Crystal was point and had always thought it should have been Brooke until I watched that season again.  Crystal's hair was longer and she certainly had spunk.

Kash getting point last year redeemed Kelli and Judy some for me after some of their earlier poor ones (at least in my opinion from everything I know).  It was a moment of hey, we want great technical dancers but we want people who also are great performers who have the character and attitude that make a DCC - and we WILL put them front and center. 

See, I think Gina is pretty lol  She looks like Beverly Mitchell to me who I think is gorgeous. 

Paige's situation is...I don't even feel like it's worth talking about at this point.  But I have many feelings LOL. 

I really thought Jenna would try out for a basketball dance team.  she would be great at that too. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

YES!!! I personally really love Kash at point, and she is one of my favorite DCC’s to date. I agree she is not the most technical dancer of the group, but she is a good dancer and brings other qualities that I do not think other girls have! If they were to ever move her from point, however, it would not be the end all be all for me as I do think there are other girls who would shine at point too. HOWEVER, there are going to be people who complain no matter who is at point. You cannot please everyone, and no one DCC would gather the support of the entire fan base. 

I think that unfortunately some people blame KaShara for Jenna losing point.  Jenna was a twenty something, 5 year veteran of the squad who knew the rules and was lucky she didn't get cut.  She's the only one to blame.  Now I would think that after what happened with her and Holly, Erica being injured and questionable for the season (cause HOF hadn't happened yet), K&J wanted to get the team rebuilt, bring up morale  lower the drama factor and move on.  And here is KaShara  - eager to show what she could do, ready to lead and steps up over Lacey, who had her shot as well.  My opinion, KaShara did a great job - no sign of ego, ready to work with her group and lead the rest of the squad, and I'm ready to see how she does this season. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I know people have mixed feelings about Gina’s attitude (I do as well), but she’s outdancing everyone! Glad to see she has a prime spot in the formation.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think that unfortunately some people blame KaShara for Jenna losing point.

I think I'm Jenna's most vocal supporter on this forum. I CERTAINLY DON'T BLAME KASHARA FOR ANYTHING. As I've said, many times Jenna created her own situation.

This is what I blame Kashara for

• Her own lack of pop. That's subjective, so we'll never agree on that.
  • Being outdanced last year consistently by Jenna, Maggie, Cersten, and Robin. And at times Lacey, Stephanie, Maddie, and Amy
  • For most of the cuts coming from her group last year
  • For her group being so weak their performances were rarely ever posted to social media.
  • That lackluster Oxnard performance.

Jenna lost her spot based on her own job performance (not following rules).

I will continue to judge Kashara based on my opinion of KASHARA'S job performance.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

If any group has a potential to be a rebuilding group, it's the rookie TCCs this year. 

I still will just shrug when people say they hate Kash as point.  Some of us truly think she's great there.  I tried to force myself to watch other people in that latest clip from Oxnard and I just always go back to her, i can't help it- she has a spark I love and it makes perfect sense to me why she got the spot.  sorry not sorry :) That's not taking away from Jenna tho - I agree that she should have been point last year and it was def hers to lose.  it's so sad she couldn't keep her act together.  she really was incredible at the dcc style. 

also i will say say Gina is killing it in that clip - i hope she stays awhile because point is hers down the road.  tho obviously i'm a poor judge of who should be point i guess LOL! 

I wonder if some of the Kashara back-lash is about how people feel about Jenna. As a reminder, Kashara had nothing to do with Jenna’s situation. Yes, she got an opportunity because of what Jenna did to herself, but was Kashara supposed to do a mediocre job with her opportunity to make sure that they put Jenna back at point? Was she supposed to say to Judy, “I think Lacy is a stronger dancer than I am, please put her at point”? 

IMO... Kashara has a huge spark, she’s got charisma and power. I think she holds her position as a leader and her position at point with a humble grace that sets a great example for dancers like Gina (who will gain some of those qualities with time).  

I love her at point and am proud of her. Is she the most technical dancer on the squad, no, but we know that being a DCC is about so much more than just technique. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I think I'm Jenna's most vocal supporter on this forum. I CERTAINLY DON'T BLAME KASHARA FOR ANYTHING. As I've said, many times Jenna created her own situation.

• Being outdanced last year consistently by Jenna, Maggie, Cersten, and Robin. And at times Lacey, Stephanie, Maddie, and Amy

For most of the cuts coming from her group last year

For her group being so weak their performances were rarely ever posted to social media.

Jenna lost her spot based on her own job performance (not following rules).

I will continue to judge Kashara based on my opinion of KASHARA'S job performance.

And this would not have happened with Jenna as the group leader. Just because you are a good dancer does not make you a good leader or point girl.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And this would not have happened with Jenna as the group leader. Just because you are a good dancer does not make you a good leader or point girl.

I don't understand this. Not meaning to be uncivil. How does Jenna have anything to do with the performance of Kashara's group?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I know people have mixed feelings about Gina’s attitude (I do as well), but she’s outdancing everyone! Glad to see she has a prime spot in the formation.

I can see Gina being point girl and group leader if she stays longer then 2 years she was serving it honestly she was outstanding everyone 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I can see Gina being point girl and group leader if she stays longer then 2 years she was serving it honestly she was outstanding everyone 

Yep! I thought Gina looked great in the first Onxard performance that was posted, but in this second one, I was like “Dayum Gina! Get it girl!” If you talk a big game, you better be able to back it up, and whatever one thinks of Gina, she can back it up. 

Regarding point, I think some of the different opinions just comes from what one thinks is important. Personally, I don’t really care about someone being humble and sweet, etc when it comes to position in a dance formation. The best and most senior dancer should be upfront (if 2 year and 4 year are equally good, then go with the 4 year of course). I think leadership is important when it comes to group leaders, which is why Jenna losing point but staying group leader 1 was backwards to me. If they were truly concerned about leadership, then why did she keep that position. I’m consistent though. I never thought Whitney was the sharpest tool in the shed. She seemed immature and of course had that incident with the costume, but I thought she was the rightful point because she could dance circles around most of the team. Certainly Kelli thinks otherwise when it comes to the formations, but JMO.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep! I thought Gina looked great in the first Onxard performance that was posted, but in this second one, I was like “Dayum Gina! Get it girl!” If you talk a big game, you better be able to back it up, and whatever one thinks of Gina, she can back it up. 

Regarding point, I think some of the different opinions just comes from what one thinks is important. Personally, I don’t really care about someone being humble and sweet, etc when it comes to position in a dance formation. The best and most senior dancer should be upfront (if 2 year and 4 year are equally good, then go with the 4 year of course). I think leadership is important when it comes to group leaders, which is why Jenna losing point but staying group leader 1 was backwards to me. If they were truly concerned about leadership, then why did she keep that position. I’m consistent though. I never thought Whitney was the sharpest tool in the shed. She seemed immature and of course had that incident with the costume, but I thought she was the rightful point because she could dance circles around most of the team. Certainly Kelli thinks otherwise when it comes to the formations, but JMO.

She can surely back it up !! I figured they would of taken both positions from Jenna but hopefully this year will be a great squad 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

• For most of the cuts coming from her group last year
  • For her group being so weak their performances were rarely ever posted to social media.

I agree about not agreeing about the lack of pop.  There are very few girls in the 2nd years with the spark/pop and the ranks of the 3rd-year up are thin.  KaShara was inconsistent last year, but I also think last year helped her bring it out because she was pushed into the spotlight and PERFORM where she was just part of the group before.  Being outdanced is another area where opinions vary.  Yes, I would say she was outdanced by Jenna, but the rest could be subjective.  As for the third and fourth point, ERICA was supposed to be the group leader and doing all the heavy lifting that entailed, but rumor had it that she dumped that work on KaShara (who was 2nd leader), who had her own work as 2nd group leader to do so KaShara was essentially doing her own work and Erica's as well.  That was probably a good reason why KaShara's group wasn't the strongest that year, but hopefully it's better this year.  Oxnard would also be subjective.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Subjective again in terms of dancing.  Also, Jenna had at least one previous year as group leader (and possibly another as 2nd group leader before that).  KaShara was just starting her very first term as a 2nd group leader when Erica supposedly dumped all of her duties as group leader on KaShara, thus she was probably struggling to handle everything that was supposed to be done until Erica was officially out and Heather O. was appointed as 2nd group leader.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have no problem with Kash as point.  She’s a beautiful girl who stepped up & brought it with spunk, great facials & sold it.  Jenna, IMO, messed up and lost what should have been her year for point and Pro Bowl.

Gina, as predicted earlier, has moved up.  She looked solid in all her performances last year & in these videos from Oxnard is definitely bringing it.  Love her or hate her in these recent videos, I think she looks better than most of the vets.  She has great technique & sass.  I hope she gets a better edit this year because I know CMT loves to bring the drama & I still feel she was the victim of a bad edit.  I know I’m mostly alone in this thinking & that’s fine.

l’ll probably burn in hell for this but if the season is full of VK and her whiny voice of “I’m so scared”, I’m going to have to fight hard not to lose it.  I’ve been trying to go in neutral and give her a chance, but that part of the promo featuring her is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 8

I wouldn’t mind Gina being point eventually. I know some think she doesn’t have the face for it, but there were a few points I didn’t find very beautiful but they did their job. I have a feeling she would really help whip the squad into shape. That’s all I care about. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think that unfortunately some people blame KaShara for Jenna losing point.  Jenna was a twenty something, 5 year veteran of the squad who knew the rules and was lucky she didn't get cut.  She's the only one to blame.  Now I would think that after what happened with her and Holly, Erica being injured and questionable for the season (cause HOF hadn't happened yet), K&J wanted to get the team rebuilt, bring up morale  lower the drama factor and move on.  And here is KaShara  - eager to show what she could do, ready to lead and steps up over Lacey, who had her shot as well.  My opinion, KaShara did a great job - no sign of ego, ready to work with her group and lead the rest of the squad, and I'm ready to see how she does this season. 

I couldn't have said it better!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She can surely back it up !! I figured they would of taken both positions from Jenna but hopefully this year will be a great squad 

They may have thought she would quit if they kept her out of Canton, took point, and  removed her as a group leader (I probably would quit and move on with my life in that scenario). I think it would make more sense to just cut her if they were going to do that, but they clearly wanted her on the team. The fact that they took point (the glamorous dance formation position) and not group leader (the actual hard work behind the scenes, face time w the other team members, leadership position) speaks volumes IMO.  It’s also possible that taking point for the season wasn’t meant to be a punishment at all, and they just thought Kashara did a good job and that it would be unfair to move her back after Canton. They never made it clear on the show though.

Regardless, hopefully we get some information on the new season soon! I would imagine that the pace of cuts has to accelerate at this point.

(edited)
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That is truly the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time!!!  

So good to get to know some of the guys.  He sure has a great imagination and sense of humor!

If I did Twitter I would follow him for sure.

I do follow him and he is quite entertaining :) 

19 minutes ago, AddictedtoReality said:

Ok why is brennan at the beach?? ??

The rookies have had the last few days off I think.  There have been several IG stories about the different places rookies have gone to (most of them home to see family).  So my guess is that's why :)  

Edited by Kayce
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Jenna kept group leader because they are the ones during the game that selects the dance according to what song the DJ plays.  I think that because Jenna had been on the squad so long, they felt she was still the best a determining what dance goes with what song.  Not sure who else was in her group so I’m somewhat guessing but I don’t think they wanted to take the chance at that time to put someone else up front making those decisions game time.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

I have no problem with Kash as point.  She’s a beautiful girl who stepped up & brought it with spunk, great facials & sold it.  Jenna, IMO, messed up and lost what should have been her year for point and Pro Bowl.

Gina, as I predicted earlier, has been moved up.  She looked solid in all her performances last year & in these videos from Oxnard is definitely bringing it.  Love her or hate her, in these recent videos, I think she looks better than most of the vets.  She has great technique & sass.  I hope she gets a better edit this year because I know CMT loves to bring the drama & I still feel she was the victim of a bad edit.  I know I’m mostly alone in this thinking & that’s fine.

l’ll probably burn in hell for this but if the season is full of VK and her whiny voice of “I’m so scared”, I’m going to have to fight hard not to lose it.  I’ve been trying to go in neutral and give her a chance, but that part of the promo featuring her is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me.

You’re not alone in your thinking. I’ve never had a problem with Gina.  I like her.  She seemed to bring it in Bimini also.  And she is bringing it in dance.  I find it funny though that some thought Gina had attitude or was using DCC or whatever, but it seems to have been Kalyssa that the PTB needed to watch out for. She left in a hot minute.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

I wouldn’t mind Gina being point eventually. I know some think she doesn’t have the face for it, but there were a few points I didn’t find very beautiful but they did their job. I have a feeling she would really help whip the squad into shape. That’s all I care about. 

I think Gina is beautiful so I’m good.

• Love 3
(edited)

Honestly, If Lacey retires after this year (I'm hoping for six years from her though), I would like to see Heather as point next year if she stays around for another season.  She has definitely proven herself and dances circles around most of the squad.  She's not a "classic" beauty (albeit she is a beautiful person) ...but, as stated, there are some other points that haven't been classic beauties.  I will keep my opinions on who they are to myself, because they would definitely be unpopular, because I tend to NOT see what others see in these dancers. I can see Gina moving into the triangle eventually, but I don't see her as a point.  IMO only :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, VintageJ said:

You’re not alone in your thinking. I’ve never had a problem with Gina.  I like her.  She seemed to bring it in Bimini also.  And she is bringing it in dance.  I find it funny though that some thought Gina had attitude or was using DCC or whatever, but it seems to have been Kalyssa that the PTB needed to watch out for. She left in a hot minute.

Gina def had attitude last year.  but I will always give credit where it's due and she has really turned herself around.  I also can admit when I'm wrong and I loved Kalyssa last year and thought she seemed sweet and like she just wanted to be under the radar..HAHAHA.  

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I thought Maggie would have been point if she had stayed, now I'm sad she didn't.

Maggie would have been awesome!  

• Love 2

I hope Gina has turned herself around attitude wise over the past year. She is a fantastic dancer, one of the strongest on the squad in my opinion. So if she can shape up in the attitude area she should be golden! I’ll be interested to see how she comes off on this new season. 

As for kalyssa, I really liked her too! She was never on my radar as one to watch out for. She genuinely seemed like she wanted to be there and even made show group as a rookie. She threw me off guard when I saw she left the squad to chase after modeling. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Gina def had attitude last year.  but I will always give credit where it's due and she has really turned herself around.  I also can admit when I'm wrong and I loved Kalyssa last year and thought she seemed sweet and like she just wanted to be under the radar..HAHAHA.  

13 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

I hope Gina has turned herself around attitude wise over the past year. She is a fantastic dancer, one of the strongest on the squad in my opinion. So if she can shape up in the attitude area she should be golden! I’ll be interested to see how she comes off on this new season. 

As for kalyssa, I really liked her too! She was never on my radar as one to watch out for. She genuinely seemed like she wanted to be there and even made show group as a rookie. She threw me off guard when I saw she left the squad to chase after modeling. 

Yeah, I was thrown off by Kalyssa last year also.  She seemed to really want to be DCC for the sake of being DCC.  Like it was a long held dream of hers.  Maybe she intended to stay and new opportunities came up that she decided to take. Or maybe she had every intention of using DCC to further her modeling career.  Don’t know.  But rewatching last season is interesting now that we know she leaves so soon.  Now I have a different perception of her comments.  Hindsight.  Her comments at the vet hospital and how amazing it was, etc.  

Yeah Gina seemed to have a little attitude last year, but I am aware that sometimes people come off differently than they intend.  Especially with editing.  She was confident in herself and her abilities and I think her comment about her dance skills may have been a way to keep her spirits up.  Maybe she had gotten called out during that day and was trying to be positive.  But she seems to be a good teammate this year and an asset to the squad.  Her dancing is on point, she’s beautiful (in my eyes) and she is giving it her all.  I definitely can see her at point in the future.  And I’m not mad at her.

Oh, and Kelli is really killing it these last couple of years!  I remember when Kelli asked her how many years she tried out and then said “how am I just noticing you?”  Probably because you were consumed with people like Morgan!!!  Kelli is beautiful and I’m so glad to see her more prominently featured.  She’s a great dancer with plenty of pop.

So happy the show is starting this week!!!!!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is it common for the show to start before the team has been picked? I can’t remember if this was the case in the past.

I’m pretty sure it’s common 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought we always knew the team before the show started.

Agreed. I've been watching since the first Vivian season (5 or 6?). I'm fairly certain that the team is always announced prior.

This may be part of the something different we've been asking for.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Those were the good old days when they didn’t care if the reality show was spoiled due to picking the team in July. It seems they now stretch it out until the first televised preseason game before they publicaly announce.  

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

2 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Agreed. I've been watching since the first Vivian season (5 or 6?). I'm fairly certain that the team is always announced prior.

This may be part of the something different we've been asking for.

Yeah, this what I thought, but I wasn’t sure. I’m not sure if the team was announced earlier in the past or if the show started later (I’m thinking it’s the latter). 

Its interesting however because girls in training camp will get to see some of the comments from the judges about them prior to the team being decided. Granted, nothing that they hear should be a big surprise, but you never know. 

• Love 1