Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I feel like season 6 was the worst when it came to ignoring half of the girls in training camp. That season could’ve used less Taylor and more focus on the rockstar rookie candidates. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Watching old seasons in anticipation of the new one.  I don’t understand why season 6 on Amazon cuts out so many scenes. They actually skip rehearsals and go straight to evaluations in the office. But the full segment is there on ITunes.  Makes no sense. 

Kelli did say she wanted a team of 40 in season 6 at least twice...but said I won’t take 40 if they aren’t ready.  

There have been so many seasons with vanishing girls.  Season 6 was another.  Rebecca disappeared even though she was there for most of training camp.  

Middlemom: I agree Lauren and Emma were great but got no attention. Neither did Kinzie, Samantha (except during solos ).  Amelia was never even mentioned. I don’t think.  

I’m angry to hear about the amazon thing! I spent $20 a season. Why don’t I have to full episodes?? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Confirmation Taylor t was cut 

B11B8EF0-B0CA-459B-802A-432EBBAE6889.jpeg

Saw that on her IG earlier.  She was so cute in the uniform but the dance videos I saw of her, she is a soft dancer, albeit a good dancer.

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

So, Dayton, Taylor T, Jasmine and Lindsay have been cut. 

Are they now at 40 in camp? 

I give up...my math sucks these days LOL!! 41 :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1

21 vets and 24 rookie candidates started TC with four cuts so far. 21 vets and 20 rookie candidates remain. If Kelli decides to go with the 36 girls for the squad. there will be five more cuts to be made.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

21 vets and 24 rookie candidates started TC with four cuts so far. 21 vets and 20 rookie candidates remain. If Kelli decides to go with the 36 girls for the squad. there will be five more cuts to be made.

I’m wondering if they will take 40. Kelli has played with that idea in the past. With this group of TCCs being off the charts talented, I wonder if this will be the year. 

• Love 1

I doubt she will take all the rookie candidates. There were 39 girls on the squad in Season 7 and Season 8. I think she tried to experiment with having a bigger squad in those two seasons, and it did not work out well. I think she will stay with 32 to 36 girls on the squad.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I doubt she will take all the rookie candidates. There were 39 girls on the squad in Season 7 and Season 8. I think she tried to experiment with having a bigger squad in those two seasons, and it did not work out well. I think she will stay with 32 to 36 girls on the squad.

I think also she will stay with her 36 I’m sure there will be a cut between cameos and before  some of the vets go to Oxnard 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I don't think she would take 39-40 either.  At the most she MIGHT take 37 if there is literally NO difference between numbers 36 and 37.  

5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think also she will stay with her 36 I’m sure there will be a cut between cameos and before  some of the vets go to Oxnard 

I think Lily, Alanna, and Bridget will be the next cuts.  That's just my opinion, and we all know what it's worth :) 

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree with you. It looks like they are setting up for another "bloodbath" of 3-5 cuts in one night like they did several years ago (mainly for ratings I think). 

The other thing I am wondering is how much time, if any, they might devote to the pending lawsuit or if they will use it as an excuse to cut more girls at the end. 

• Love 4

Is anyone watching BTS on instagram for cameo/media day? Lauren's make up is not cute. I am not sure why they let her look like that. Kashara's accent is back and thicker than ever

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I've been to exactly one Cowboys game. When there are 100,000 screaming fans in the house and Thunderstruck starts playing, and all of these beautiful girls in the iconic uniform start dancing in perfect unison, there is an electricity in the air that can't be described. I don't see them changing it.

I’ve been to lots of Cowboys games and usually half the stadium isn’t in their seats when the DCC perform. Texas Stadium was different.... it was exactly as you described. A much more intimate venue. We miss it!!!!

22 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Smaller squad is better anyway. I think Kelli could easily drop the squad to 32 and no one would truly be missed.

I agree and think the main  reason they take 36 is blocking and potential for injuries? Maybe? 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I don't think she would take 39-40 either.  At the most she MIGHT take 37 if there is literally NO difference between numbers 36 and 37.  

I think Lily, Alanna, and Bridget will be the next cuts.  That's just my opinion, and we all know what it's worth :) 

If they were cutting just on looks I would cut Lily, Brennan, Amber, and Hannah. (Sorry to everyone who loves  Brennan.)

The two most beautiful TCC's IMO were Dayton and Rachel. I also thought Jasmine and Lindsay had the right look. Obviously my opinion does not count with anyone who is making these decisions LOL.

• Love 3

I would not be surprised if Malena is cut after that promo. Granted we don't know what they called her in over, but it couldn't have been good based on the melt down she had.

• Love 1

While this group of girls are talented, there will still be some cuts.  In fact, I think they could go anywhere between 32 and 36 and still have a good squad.  As for Malena, while it wasn't a cut, she was probably warned that, if she didn't improve something in some way, she was likely going to be cut and/or that she was lucky she wasn't cut that night because of something they saw.  She was probably relieved that she wasn't cut and upset that she was warned in a blunt, no-nonsense way to shape up or say bye.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I've been to exactly one Cowboys game. When there are 100,000 screaming fans in the house and Thunderstruck starts playing, and all of these beautiful girls in the iconic uniform start dancing in perfect unison, there is an electricity in the air that can't be described. I don't see them changing it.

49 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ve been to lots of Cowboys games and usually half the stadium isn’t in their seats when the DCC perform. Texas Stadium was different.... it was exactly as you described. A much more intimate venue. We miss it!!!!

I agree and think the main  reason they take 36 is blocking and potential for injuries? Maybe? 

Oh man, I love Thunderstruck SO MUCH.  Agreed about the behinds in seats between the stadiums, though.  Texas Stadium was more electric in the build up but I will say I fully appreciate the AC in Jerry World!  But back to Thunderstruck...it has to be in my top three for stadium music.  The build up is just so much fun, and I love that the DCC use it as their signature.  Change up the choreography, but keep the song!  (I also always play it during takeoff when I'm flying, because I'm a dork that way.

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Same. @Law Mom what sort of soda bars do they have, if not cola? Not being snarky at all. I’m genuinely curious and wondering if I have a new place to put on my bucket list lol.

Utah legit has the most fun mocktails all over the place!  Beautiful hiking too.  That said, Mormons are no different than any other religious peeps when it comes to adherence to the rules.  Most of my Mormon friends don't drink alcohol, but the girls I"m closest to still drink coffee and Dr. Peppper on occasion.  It was explained to me that it's less about the beverage itself but more about avoiding the addictive properties.  All of y'all that can't function without are clearly addicted ;)  I think it's the same with apparel - hard to reconcile the special garments with the tiny dance costumes on DWTS, DCC, etc., but as Maddie said, as long as you wear it with grace it's all good.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I couldn't be a Latter Day Saint--they can't drink coffee.  I'd never be able to function.

I like having beer and coffee.  I also like to cuss, a lot.   And the mormon garments would be very difficult to wear all the time. 

• Love 2

Ive had several dance students whose parents belong to the Church of Latter Day Saints. When we celebrate birthdays, they usually leave the room. No holidays either... I’ve been asked not to use Thriller in October as it could represent Halloween. No Christmas music or any other representation of holidays. 

Ultimately, I had to ask them to try to see these songs as just ordinary songs and I agreed to treat their “holiday treats” as rewards for doing well in class. Those students got the treat, but I didn’t wrap it in the holiday paper- I just used regular paper for them. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Ive had several dance students whose parents belong to the Church of Latter Day Saints. When we celebrate birthdays, they usually leave the room. No holidays either... I’ve been asked not to use Thriller in October as it could represent Halloween. No Christmas music or any other representation of holidays. 

Ultimately, I had to ask them to try to see these songs as just ordinary songs and I agreed to treat their “holiday treats” as rewards for doing well in class. Those students got the treat, but I didn’t wrap it in the holiday paper- I just used regular paper for them. 

That doesn't sound like mainstream Mormons(outside of maybe the Halloween thing, I'm not sure what their stance on that is). It's Jehovah's Witnesses that don't celebrate birthdays and secular-style holidays. If they consider themselves Mormons it's definitely some sort of offshoot of the main Church.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Really?  Are you sure that they weren't Jehovah's Witness and not Church of Latter Day Saints?

• Love 7
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

That's strange. I was LDS at one point and we celebrated holidays and birthdays. Could you be thinking Jehovah's Witness perchance? 

Coffee and tea are not permitted. Herbal teas are ok, though... Soda is a bit more murky... You can but some choose not to. I definitely know people who drink  sodas and they are in good standing within their church. 

Edited by mayelynn
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

That's strange. I was LDS at one point and we celebrated holidays and birthdays. Could you be thinking Jehovah's Witness perchance? 

Coffee and tea are not permitted. Herbal teas are ok, though... Soda is a bit more murky... You can but some choose not to. I definitely know people who drink  sodas and they are in good standing within their church. 

Yes. Jehovah’s Witnesses. But, I thought they were in the same church? 

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Babe no. That’s jehovah’s witnesses. Hard core Mormon here. No coffee, alcohol, or tea... but music and holidays we’re all in. ☺️

Edited by Jessinvirginia
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, karendlt said:

Is anyone watching BTS on instagram for cameo/media day? Lauren's make up is not cute. I am not sure why they let her look like that. Kashara's accent is back and thicker than ever

I can't find it. 

3 hours ago, karendlt said:

Didn't they just have time off?  If she went back to Kentucky, she probably just picked it back up "full strength" :)  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, karendlt said:

They did Lauren's hair darker,  not sure I like it.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, karendlt said:

It looks like they have her a winged liner and it smudged. But it also was a funky angle. 

I'm guessing vets are pretty much done and now its gonna be slow on pics. Haven't seen anything added in a while.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Some of my favorite DCC's have "slipped under the radar" in that the weren't really focused on at all on MTT but turned out to be great performers. Lauren Williams and Emma Mary come to mind. Does anyone have any others??

Jessica for sure! :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

It looks like they have her a winged liner and it smudged. But it also was a funky angle. 

I'm guessing vets are pretty much done and now its gonna be slow on pics. Haven't seen anything added in a while.

I wonder if we will see any rookies 

(edited)
1 hour ago, mayelynn said:

Maybe it is caffeine they are not allowed to consume.  Keeping this DCC related, isn’t Tasha from Utah.  

Edited by MssdDrms
Keeping DCC related
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Some of my favorite DCC's have "slipped under the radar" in that the weren't really focused on at all on MTT but turned out to be great performers. Lauren Williams and Emma Mary come to mind. Does anyone have any others??

Michelle Keys in my opinion. I just finished season 3 (when she was a rookie) and she didn't get much screen time at all...

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

Michelle Keys in my opinion. I just finished season 3 (when she was a rookie) and she didn't get much screen time at all...

I liked Sammantha Clark..I thought she was just gorgeous.  I would love to see her 2nd year solo.  It is one Kelli said she didn’t want it to end.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder if we will see any rookies 

I was hoping we would, but it seems like they are being fairly tight lipped lately on close up pics of the rookies. Even the pics from the etiquette lunch was strategic where you could just barely tell a couple of girls. I wonder too if it will be a late night or if they will split cameos into 2 days.  Also, are the rookies doing the green screen thing or just the vets?

• Love 3

Moving along on itunes, I just finished watching Season 8's semi finals and I noticed something REALLY weird.  I get that often the editing monkeys put things in different orders or they will show a reaction to something that happened three nights before to what Kelli is saying at the moment on screen.  HOWEVER, they were discussing Katherine Elaine (D) and saying she couldn't dance, etc.  BUT the picture Kelli was holding up as the discussion was taking place was Jennifer Katheryne - but with blonde hair.  I am SO confused.  If anyone can watch it, can you please tell me what the heck I'm seeing!

Season 6 had a large number of rookies because of a mass retirement of veterans.  I don't think a vet was even cut in auditions (although Kaitlin LeGrande was cut during TCC).  Is this season's vet numbers lower than 6?  

• Love 1

Earlier on the DCC insta story there was a shot of Christina getting her makeup done and she looked very muddy.  It looked like she had way too much fake tan caked on, or bronzer or something.. It was bad.  But now the story is gone! And I know stories disappear after a while but this wasn't the case, because the video before it is still there, so they purposely deleted it.  Did anyone else see that?

2 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Moving along on itunes, I just finished watching Season 8's semi finals and I noticed something REALLY weird.  I get that often the editing monkeys put things in different orders or they will show a reaction to something that happened three nights before to what Kelli is saying at the moment on screen.  HOWEVER, they were discussing Katherine Elaine (D) and saying she couldn't dance, etc.  BUT the picture Kelli was holding up as the discussion was taking place was Jennifer Katheryne - but with blonde hair.  I am SO confused.  If anyone can watch it, can you please tell me what the heck I'm seeing!

Season 6 had a large number of rookies because of a mass retirement of veterans.  I don't think a vet was even cut in auditions (although Kaitlin LeGrande was cut during TCC).  Is this season's vet numbers lower than 6?  

I have noticed this before as well, but I have no explanation.  Always thought it was weird too

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

What is the green screen work for?  I don't remember seeing that in the past.

They use it for the stadium screens inside as a way to showcase the girls... See Kelsey's from last year. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Earlier on the DCC insta story there was a shot of Christina getting her makeup done and she looked very muddy.  It looked like she had way too much fake tan caked on, or bronzer or something.. It was bad.  But now the story is gone! And I know stories disappear after a while but this wasn't the case, because the video before it is still there, so they purposely deleted it.  Did anyone else see that?

Yes I saw that pix of Christina and I thought she looked really orange.  I thought maybe she got a really bad spray tan that turned orange.  Her face color was not looking good.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stagecoach said:

We call it Pop.

It's  ALL Coke in the South- then you can specify the flavor -

" do you want a coke? "-  "Sure, I"ll have a Dr .Pepper"

never Pepsi- Pepsi is gross

5 hours ago, CheerGoddess said:

They are at 41 in camp. 21 vets and 20 rookies are remaining. 

Is this the same Erin from TC  last year? I thought she was terrible - Kitty hated her. Has she dramatically improved? She was gangly, no punch/power, very forgettable & when you did watch her- she did not fit in.

Edited by DancingForLife
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

It's  ALL Coke in the South- then you can specify the flavor -

" do you want a coke? "-  "Sure, I"ll have a Dr .Pepper"

never Pepsi- Pepsi is gross

Is this the same Erin from TC  last year? I thought she was terrible - Kitty hated her. Has she dramatically improved? She was gangly, no punch/power, very forgettable & when you did watch her- she did not fit in.

Yes, same Erin who was first cut in TC last year. Excited to see how she’s improved this year!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Babe no. That’s jehovah’s witnesses. Hard core Mormon here. No coffee, alcohol, or tea... but music and holidays we’re all in. ☺️

Thank you. Don’t I feel like a uneducated, sickle footed, low kicker. Sorry about that! 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Season 6 had 17 vets and 17 rookies. Season 7 had 20 vets and 19 rookies. Johannah Liad was going to try out for her third year in Season 6, but she found out she was pregnant before auditions started. One year vet Olivia S. was cut at finals. She got into it with Cassie during the calendar shoot because Cassie was complaining about rookies getting more calendar shoot time in front of the camera, and Olivia was defending the rookies. Judy went to finals and told the judges Olivia was being toxic leading to her being cut. She was not shown at all at finals, and her cut was not shown or mentioned also.

45 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Yes same Erin that Kitty hated.  She is still gangling, no punch/power and very forgettable and I really don't care for her looks or the way she dances.  

• Love 4