Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Girl yes. I don't leave my house without mascara and lipstick. 

I see these girls who are wearing pjs and house shoes in public and I'm so puzzled. I was in a wheelchair for three years, and always dressed myself before being seen in public. Now, some days I may throw on clear gloss and a ponytail, but I do always try to be presentable.

as far as tipping, I'm cheap and get my hair done at the beauty college; however, I tipped them like what it would cost at the salon. $100 for highlights at a salon vs $30 at the college. They do a great job to be honest.

I agree with Kalibean. My daughter and her friends (16) are all makeup, hair, tanning on a regular basis. (Well,I make mine do sunless.) Gone are the days of the rough girls getting polished.  

I think all the girls in that picture are adorable. I hate that some of them aren't going to make it. 

I was watching a former season where Kelli was talking about taking 40. I think it was 6 or 7??

They took 39 one year - I think it was the first year of new stadium? Kelly said, “this locker room was built for a max of 37, and we have 39.  Again, I THINK it was the inaugural year of new stadium. I’ve heard Judy say “I could take more than 36 this year” at least once. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

They took 39 one year - I think it was the first year of new stadium? Kelly said, “this locker room was built for a max of 37, and we have 39.  Again, I THINK it was the inaugural year of new stadium. I’ve heard Judy say “I could take more than 36 this year” at least once. 

I thought Season 4 was the first year at the new stadium. I remember Kelli and Judy saying they could not practice on the new field because the stadium was not ready yet. Charlotte did a tour with the vets and rookies candidates and showed them their new locker room. Season 5 was the first time they had auditions at the new stadium.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Season 4 was the first year at the new stadium. I remember Kelli and Judy saying they could not practice on the new field because the stadium was not ready yet. Charlotte did a tour with the vets and rookies candidates and showed them their new locker room. Season 5 was the first time they had auditions at the new stadium.

It could have even been later. I just don’t remember. Wait! Just hit me.. it was Danielle and Jasmine’s first year. I just remembered her saying: “But we’re going to have a great squad this year.. (something about someone hitting the lines, “and Jasmine you’re still a little clunky..” 

I’m pretty certain that was the squad of 39 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I thought in season 2 (2007) when Brooke was injured, they took 39 with Natalie, Kelli Jo, and Loni.

• Love 1

I see the same issues in all those MDC routines. The girls are stomping along from one move to the next, not in sync, no sense of musicality, no technique, no grace. And for God's sake, you're in Miami, get a tan.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It could have even been later. I just don’t remember. Wait! Just hit me.. it was Danielle and Jasmine’s first year. I just remembered her saying: “But we’re going to have a great squad this year.. (something about someone hitting the lines, “and Jasmine you’re still a little clunky..” 

I’m pretty certain that was the squad of 39 

You are correct. The 2012 squad was 39. That might have been when Kelli and Judy were worried about not having enough lockers. 

The 2009 squad was 35 in the new stadium. The 2007 squad was 38 because they took 2 extra because of Brooke's injury.  I looked up and squad photos and counted.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I see the same issues in all those MDC routines. The girls are stomping along from one move to the next, not in sync, no sense of musicality, no technique, no grace. And for God's sake, you're in Miami, get a tan.

Yeah the stompy skipping & jumping remind me of little girls when they first start dancing. So cringey! 

• Love 1

Miranda's new look!

Also, Heather commented on twitter: "Huge thank you to @myidealdental for getting my smile ready for cameos!"  Must be that time! Hopefully, they'll be gracious enough to share a couple of photos like they did last year!!

DiKbpccV4AAIaDv.jpg

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Miranda's new look!

Also, Heather commented on twitter: "Huge thank you to @myidealdental for getting my smile ready for cameos!"  Must be that time! Hopefully, they'll be gracious enough to share a couple of photos like they did last year!!

DiKbpccV4AAIaDv.jpg

Wow, that doesn't even look like Miranda, I'm not sure of the new look. I think I'm more of a fan of the jet black hair. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

You are correct. The 2012 squad was 39. That might have been when Kelli and Judy were worried about not having enough lockers. 

The 2009 squad was 35 in the new stadium. The 2007 squad was 38 because they took 2 extra because of Brooke's injury.  I looked up and squad photos and counted.

Thank you for doing that! It was bothering me.  So, thanks to you, we know that they have a history and the ability to take more than 36.  Maybe in these most recent years, Charlotte has told them that they can’t do that anymore? 

11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It was the year that Morgan made it that she made the statement about 39 girls and 37 lockers.  

I love Miranda's new look :) 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:37 PM, ShellyB said:

Yes!

So happy for her!! I can't wait to see her adventures :) 

On 7/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, MyFavShows said:

Omg their timing and spacing is awful.  

It's like K& J said during auditions one season about a returning TCC..."she took some of our moves and made them look bad".  That's what the MDC routine is.  

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Don’t put a jump split into a routine unless everyone can actually do one- full out- without “faking” the landing. 

In the first video with the bud light guy, they actually looked pretty clean. 

Oh. That. Was. Bad. The jump split was atrocious and the kick line was awful.  If Brooke (or whoever)  did and ok'd this....then shame on her!!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Miranda looks SOOO much better in this picture. I didn't even recognize her.

I didn't either until I read the caption on Marshall's post :) She looks incredible! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Miranda's new look!

DiKbpccV4AAIaDv.jpg

I love it.  Her previous look made her look much older.

• Love 9
On 7/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, bigskygirl said:

Rumors have been floating around Morgan made the team because of Miss Kitty. I think Kaitlin LaRue made the team because Courtney Cook left before training camp and Chelsea was cut.

I think the three vets who are cut at finals should be the one who should be upset more than Brennan and Taryn. I can understand why Allie was cut for possible weight issues, but why were little Heather and Raylee was cut. Charlotte did seem to have it out for Raylee.

How again? I really never saw that.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, scorpio1031 said:

That whole Ann Lux/Charlotte thing was weird.  There was no mention of anything during season 5 and then season 6 comes on, and the way Ann was attacked, I was thinking - did I miss something?  

Again..how was she "attacked?"

On 7/14/2018 at 1:11 PM, Taralightner said:

Here’s the thing... if they are in training camp, it’s really difficult to have a full time job. We’ve seen some of camp events start in early afternoon. I think Kendall mentioned that she lost her job because she was missing so much time for DCC. So, if they work a P/T job during the summer, and if they are going to school during the regular season, $40 is grocery money. I think the Cowboys Organization as a whole can afford to pump some extra budget money into DCC. I don’t think the girls should have to pay a penny for things that the organization requires of them. This includes, hair, tanning, teeth, nails, make up, medical expenses (related to injuries), dry cleaning uniforms, and buying clothes for appearances. DCC requires them to always be camera ready- they should pay for it. Just my opinion. And, yes, I know that some have careers, and some have lots of family help, but my opinion still stands for all that are DCCs. 

She actually quit. Maybe she just wasn't able to juggle both, but many girls can.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There's a few more MDC  videos on the girl's IG; this one's kind of cute.

Copying the DCC

This is just so bad . . . I feel embarrassed for them.  There are so many things, I don't even know where to start . . .

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rl27rl said:

This is just so bad . . . I feel embarrassed for them.  There are so many things, I don't even know where to start . . .

Another thing that I see- if you are going to ask dancers to wear boots, please don’t order boots with squared toes. Many of them are not pointing their feet, but some of their foot stretch can’t be seen because of the boot style. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Another thing that I see- if you are going to ask dancers to wear boots, please don’t order boots with squared toes. Many of them are not pointing their feet, but some of their foot stretch can’t be seen because of the boot style. 

Good point!  That and the flexed knees!  Ugh!  Whatever happened to doing things right?  It is not that hard to point the toes and keep the leg straight.  And if they don't have the flexibility, take a note from the DCC, stretch and get that core strength to lift the leg.  If they can't, cut them!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Good point!  That and the flexed knees!  Ugh!  Whatever happened to doing things right?  It is not that hard to point the toes and keep the leg straight.  And if they don't have the flexibility, take a note from the DCC, stretch and get that core strength to lift the leg.  If they can't, cut them!!

Or, if you don’t have the luxury of a long camp to evaluate and train, then don’t put a kickline in the choreo. Some of these dancers are letting their upper body drop so much just to try to get their kicks above chest level. I saw some auditions on YouTube. They make the team right after auditions then start practice. DCC has set it up so that they still have the option to cut through camp. It gives them the luxury to really assess ability to learn and adapt over a period of time. Plus, at any 2 or 3 step audition process, it’s really hard to see a dancer’s full range. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Or, if you don’t have the luxury of a long camp to evaluate and train, then don’t put a kickline in the choreo. Some of these dancers are letting their upper body drop so much just to try to get their kicks above chest level. I saw some auditions on YouTube. They make the team right after auditions then start practice. DCC has set it up so that they still have the option to cut through camp. It gives them the luxury to really assess ability to learn I  and adapt over a period of time. Plus, at any 2 or 3 step audition process, it’s really hard to see a dancer’s full range. 

Someone here said about the MDC once you make TC you've pretty much made the team. Last year I think only 2 girls (Hunter & Ansley) left or got cut from TC.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Someone here said about the MDC once you make TC you've pretty much made the team. Last year I think only 2 girls (Hunter & Ansley) left or got cut from TC.

Hunters friend Megan left as well 

(edited)
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yeah- I saw a YouTube story about their auditions. I didn’t post it here since it has nothing to do with DCC (although Brooke is in it). Anyway, they go through 2 or 3 audition rounds (similar to DCC) and then the announce The Team, not just Training Camp Candidates. Brooke even says on the segment that they make the team and start practicing at that time. 

I have no idea about the process past that time. 

ETA: here’s the link. Since Brooke is featured, I think it’s safe. Mods, if it isn’t, please remove, or let me know and I will. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Hunters friend Megan left as well 

megan left after the season started though, right? i think she made it through camp...she had several pictures from game day on her account before she made a post later in the fall that she was no longer with the team.  I so wonder what happened with Megan there...she is a PHENOM dancer, like wow, i could watch her all day. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

megan left after the season started though, right? i think she made it through camp...she had several pictures from game day on her account before she made a post later in the fall that she was no longer with the team.  I so wonder what happened with Megan there...she is a PHENOM dancer, like wow, i could watch her all day. 

Was she on a TX dance team or just a friend of Hunter's? 

12 hours ago, Kayce said:

It's like K& J said during auditions one season about a returning TCC..."she took some of our moves and made them look bad".  That's what the MDC routine is.  

It was Karissa Lynnae who they said it about because her solo was awful.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Again..how was she "attacked?"

To me, it was the way that Charlotte and Brenda (who I had forgotten about) approached Ann about her personality.  The girls make the squad at the end of the season.  The camera stop rolling, but their year on the squad goes on.  They may gain weight, have personality issues, be tardy, miss appearances or turn them down, etc.  We don't know this cause we don't see this.  Then the next season picks up usually so many months in the future and the judges, K&J, or Kitty brings up something that happened and I admit, my perception, is the girl is getting attacked cause it is/was an ongoing issue, so there is a question or frustration about it.  Which to be honest, if I were K&J and I had been dealing with an issue for so many months, I might be a bit abrupt about it too - ie Hannah's weight gain or girls who are vets not "bringing it" thru the year.

Please don't make me watch that interview segment again - that girl who thought the president was O'Biden was on there and she couldn't remember the political parties.  You can't undo stupid:)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

To me, it was the way that Charlotte and Brenda (who I had forgotten about) approached Ann about her personality.  The girls make the squad at the end of the season.  The camera stop rolling, but their year on the squad goes on.  They may gain weight, have personality issues, be tardy, miss appearances or turn them down, etc.  We don't know this cause we don't see this.  Then the next season picks up usually so many months in the future and the judges, K&J, or Kitty brings up something that happened and I admit, my perception, is the girl is getting attacked cause it is/was an ongoing issue, so there is a question or frustration about it.  Which to be honest, if I were K&J and I had been dealing with an issue for so many months, I might be a bit abrupt about it too - ie Hannah's weight gain or girls who are vets not "bringing it" thru the year.

Please don't make me watch that interview segment again - that girl who thought the president was O'Biden was on there and she couldn't remember the political parties.  You can't undo stupid:)

Ann also could not name a moment of the previous year that stood out most to her.  that’s what got Charlotte going on her.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Ann also could not name a moment of the previous year that stood out most to her.  that’s what got Charlotte going on her.

I don't remember them asking her that. Someone asked her what was the most challenging thing for her or something along those lines. And she said probably smiling while she performs cause she wasn't used to that. Then Brenda said something about her different personality and maybe seeming like she wasn't interested. I can't remember exactly. Lol Then Charlotte shook her head at Kelli while they were watching her perform on the big screen. She didn't seem to like her much. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't remember them asking her that. Someone asked her what was the most challenging thing for her or something along those lines. And she said probably smiling while she performs cause she wasn't used to that. Then Brenda said something about her different personality and maybe seeming like she wasn't interested. I can't remember exactly. Lol Then Charlotte shook her head at Kelli while they were watching her perform on the big screen. She didn't seem to like her much. 

That's what I mean - you're kind of wondering what happened to get to this point.  Nowadays, you have social media where we sometimes find out about behind the scenes stuff.  Of course, you are also wondering if the person telling you the info is being truthful.

So did they have practice tonight?  I'm assuming it's back to business as usual

(edited)
5 hours ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Such a difference in execution from DCC

That weird little kick before they do the leg lift and doing the kick line while still holding onto their poms. Also the landing was pretty bad. Maybe that's it might be an easy squad to make; you don't have to dance that great :0

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Such a difference in execution from DCC

Sadness with a capital S.  Oh my!  They should have never been allowed to take that onto a field.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 1:18 PM, Taralightner said:

I vote Ashton for Director and Brooke as Choreographer and Jennifer as Assistant Choreographer and teacher. Let’s keep Kitty for a lifetime appointment- like the Supreme Court- but she’s not allowed to retire. 

Ashton and especially Brooke are two of my all time favorites. However, Brooke seems to have a pretty GR8 life in her current area code being and Asst Choreo for the Dolphins and I believe she just opened up her first store for Brooke and Arrow (she has only had an online store until recently). Good for her! 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ashton and especially Brooke are two of my all time favorites. However, Brooke seems to have a pretty GR8 life in her current area code being and Asst Choreo for the Dolphins and I believe she just opened up her first store for Brooke and Arrow (she has only had an online store until recently). Good for her! 

I don't think Brooke is with the Dolphins any longer. The Dolphins are facing a lawsuit, and I believe Brooke was named in it. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:
On 7/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, bigskygirl said:

Charlotte did seem to have it out for Raylee.

I think Charlotte was the one who made the comment that Raylee didn't do anything to improve from the prior year, that staying the same isn't good enough for a veteran.  Of course more happens that we don't see, but since several vets performances didn't look a whole lot different than their past ones, the assumption was that Charlotte had it out for her, but there was no actual proof that she did.

23 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:
On 7/14/2018 at 1:11 PM, Taralightner said:

Kendall mentioned that she lost her job because she was missing so much time for DCC. 

She actually quit. Maybe she just wasn't able to juggle both, but many girls can.

Was Kyndall the one who used to practice at work in the ladies room?  If that was her, I could have sworn she said she was fired.  I seem to recall comments that maybe she wouldn't have been fired if she worked at work instead of dancing in the bathroom.

• Love 3
On 7/14/2018 at 12:11 AM, Tootie said:

This is from when Brooke was the head choreographer with the Dolphins.  She may not have created it, but she approved it, perfected it and deemed it "game ready."  I wouldn't want the DCC doing a routine like this!!

I saw this awhile back too, but I didnt know Brooke was head choreo I thought she was still an Asst. Also, I believe Brooke was on maternity leave during this nightmare of a routine! LOL. Of course I don't have any concrete proof but its just what my memory recalls. 

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think Charlotte was the one who made the comment that Raylee didn't do anything to improve from the prior year, that staying the same isn't good enough for a veteran.  Of course more happens that we don't see, but since several vets performances didn't look a whole lot different than their past ones, the assumption was that Charlotte had it out for her, but there was no actual proof that she did.

Was Kyndall the one who used to practice at work in the ladies room?  If that was her, I could have sworn she said she was fired.  I seem to recall comments that maybe she wouldn't have been fired if she worked at work instead of dancing in the bathroom.

I think you are correct. And Kelli said "she's always just been middle of the road for me". Melissa felt like she had no spunk and others said they couldn't pick out the DCC in her. 

And I also thought Kyndall was let go or laid off. I liked her and I was rooting for her. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I don't think Brooke is with the Dolphins any longer. The Dolphins are facing a lawsuit, and I believe Brooke was named in it. 

Wowww!! Is there an article available where I can read about the lawsuit?

What I have noticed about the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is that 95% of them are gorgeous and the other 5% are pretty. They seem to pick more for looks than talent. 

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don’t remember the actual conversation on the show, and since the 200+ channel package that we have temporarily with Comcast doesn’t cover CMT, I can’t go back and watch (ugh!), but I think that was summer where there was an an insider who was a Kyndall fan, and mentioned that she had been let go. So that might be some of the confusion between terminated/resigned. 

Shelby, Kyndall, and Courtney are the 3 who I remember who specially parted ways with jobs (voluntarily or involuntarily) due to DCC training camp. Is there anyone who stated that they did so on the show?

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Wowww!! Is there an article available where I can read about the lawsuit?

What I have noticed about the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is that 95% of them are gorgeous and the other 5% are pretty. They seem to pick more for looks than talent. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2018/04/12/dolphins-cheerleader-kristan-ann-ware-lawsuit-discrimination/511511002/

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Former-Miami-Dolphins-Cheerleader-Files-Complaint-Against-Team-Over-Alleged-Harassment-After-Revealing-Her-Virginity-479546113.html

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Shelby, Kyndall, and Courtney are the 3 who I remember who specially parted ways with jobs (voluntarily or involuntarily) due to DCC training camp. Is there anyone who stated that they did so on the show?

I swear Kyndall did, but I'm in the same Comcast boat as you :(

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yes. The first time in training camp she danced in the bathroom at work. She worked that whole summer. The second time she was in camp, she told K&J in an office visit that she was fired. She said, “my job separated from me because of lost time from things here.” I’m missing some exact words, but that’s pretty close. 

1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I’m glad for her. She did recently lose her Miami Dolphins job due to the lawsuit. Looks like they cleaned house. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Considering that Cassie last year said that you don’t have to be a smiley person, the ‘attack’ on Ann was unfair to say the least.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

That weird little kick before they do the leg lift and doing the kick line while still holding onto their poms. Also the landing was pretty bad. Maybe that's it might be an easy squad to make; you don't have to dance that great :0

Agree, that kick was odd.  Just hard to believe the Director, Dori..I believe, would allow that performance.

Edited by Annmarie1111
name of director is wrong