Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

THIS.  Every single one has gone through scenarios of how they could or could not make it. 

We don’t know that VK will make the squad. That it might be  Dayton who was cut, maybe VK will or maybe she won’t make it as well.  I’m not sure Dayton really wanted it though, whereas, it seems VK really does. If she dances well and fits the look in uniform, then she will make it. 

I have the same impression of Dayton. It could just be based on how she was edited on the show last year, but it seems like being a DCC became her "dream" more recently, whereas VK has always wanted this and has trained a lot longer. Shelly even said on here that Dayton wasn't very prepared last year and she decided to try out pretty last minute. I imagine that having a "taste" of it last year made her want it more, but hopefully being cut again doesn't leave her feeling defeated and wanting something she can't have. 

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

That sucks about Dayton. I don't buy that Victoria is on the team no matter what. There is no way her mom has more pull than Shelly. I just don't believe that. Maybe if Victoria were Charlotte's daughter or related to the Jones family in some way, then I might believe it. If they can cut Dayton then they can cut VK too. 

I agree.

Shelly seems like the kind of mom that prepared Dayton for possibly being cut, by humbling her and telling her it's not a sure thing. She works and recruits for the auditions, so if anyone knows how hard it can be to make the team, it's Shelly. 

Now Tina on the otherhand... I see her just assuming VK will make it bc her and Kelli are besties, regardless if Kelli ever said/implied so or not. She seems airheady and has only watched auditions from the sidelines like a VIP guest, not someone who knows what it takes to put together a team and all the seriousness that comes with it. I can see her fluffing VK's hair all like "Oh honey, you're a total shoo-in!"

• Love 4

Wow I'm actually shocked Kelli cut Dayton! I'm also sad because I think she is a beautiful girl and would have made a great DCC. I guess we'll have to wait to see what happened- I can only imagine she wasn't picking up the choreography or "DCC style" to be cut this early.  Poor Shelly - this must be so hard on her too! I wonder if Dayton will try out again next year? I guess it depends on the feedback and if she can improve whatever was the issue. Not sure I could give it another try if I was her

• Love 7

So sad to hear about Dayton. In my humble opinion (and based on what I've seen so far) she deserved it 100x more than VK.

Also, I understand respecting Brennan's never-give-up attitude and work ethic, but that alone does not make her a DCC in my eyes. Her look just kills it for me. And if you're going to have a face like that, you better be an EXCEPTIONAL technical dancer (a la Kelli S) or have some great sparkle/fire going for ya. Brennan is ordinary, with very poor facials. I admire her persistence, but she doesn't cut it in my eyes.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I were Dayton I'd tell them where they can shove it, the hell with next year.  They could have had someone who's girl-next-door approachable pretty, doesn't seem like a partier or full of herself , someone who's a legacy who would be loyal,  but they take people like Kalyssa instead?  Pfffftt!

No, they take people like VK. I wasn’t a 100% Dayton fan, but she is miles ahead of VK. Unless of course Victoria had uploaded all these bad to terrible insta videos to throw us off. I will never believe that Victoria earned her spot, just like i had issues with Yuko. At least Yuko was a cute foreigner so I get why they would keep her around no matter what. Do they really have trouble finding generic blondes in Dallas now?

If Shelley wants to burn the place down, i’m willing to help! I’m sure she would never say a negative thing, but it must hurt.

• Love 5

I’m just throwing this out there, does a cut have to b a rookie?  Earlier in the convo when she said it was a brunette we immediately thought of all the brunette rookies but it may have been a vet. Is anyone struggling with their weight this season?  

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I’m just throwing this out there, does a cut have to b a rookie?  Earlier in the convo when she said it was a brunette we immediately thought of all the brunette rookies but it may have been a vet. Is anyone struggling with their weight this season?  

Last night Dayton was at a movie when practice was going on, unfortunately I think it's safe to say that she was the cut.

Oh yeah, I got that part. I was just commenting how we just assumed it was a rookie lol!!  I hope Dayton does come back again, I think she’d b a great DCC. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I love this show but why so attached to Dayton?   Maybe she sucked so bad and wasn’t a right fit for the team.  If she was so awesome, she would have made it or at least been one of the last cut.   People were pissed when she made it and now people are pissed she was cut.  She’s a young girl, she’ll move on.  DCC is not that special.  It’s not like they made her a handmaid.  She got cut from a cheerleading team. 

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 16
37 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli posted two hours before Dayton did.  Maybe practice ended early????  I just don’t want to see her cut

Well Kelli posted when it was daylight and Dayton posted at night but Kelli’s post did make it seem like they had just started so I don’t think they would have ended early

I am def TeamBrennan.  But Erin, I don't know.  She didn't impress me at all last year - I felt like her dancing was off and I never cared for her look.  But, who knows, she may wow the heck out of me this year.  I can't wait!!!!!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I love this show but why so attached to Dayton?   Maybe she sucked so bad and wasn’t a right fit for the team.  If she was so awesome, she would have made it or at least been one of the last cut.   People were pissed when she made it and now people are pissed she was cut.  She’s a young girl, she’ll move on.  DCC is not that special.  It’s not like they made her a handmaid.  She got cut from a cheerleading team. 

This. The other thing — one of the big things that got Dayton cut last year was interview. That is hard to fix in a year — it’s not like she bombed football knowledge or something. I definitely had the opposite impression of Shelley from last season — tagtvthis was HER dream for Dayton, and that she was pushing her towards it.

The thing that gets me — Dayton would have been a totally fine DCC. They act like making these cuts is the difference between a garbage performance and winning a Tony on Broadway. Dayton could have slid right in there, and the average fan at the game would have noticed nothing different. This was a relatively early cut — why? It’s seems like you could have either no brought her into TC at all, or just kept her around. Maybe she wasn’t the best — but you keep people who are worse than those cut every single year. It’s odd to me that Dayton is so how where you draw that line.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, DCC830 said:

So sad to hear about Dayton. In my humble opinion (and based on what I've seen so far) she deserved it 100x more than VK.

Also, I understand respecting Brennan's never-give-up attitude and work ethic, but that alone does not make her a DCC in my eyes. Her look just kills it for me. And if you're going to have a face like that, you better be an EXCEPTIONAL technical dancer (a la Kelli S) or have some great sparkle/fire going for ya. Brennan is ordinary, with very poor facials. I admire her persistence, but she doesn't cut it in my eyes.

I hate to see Dayton gone as well...2 of the 3 cuts have been gals I was rooting for.  As for Brennan's looks...that's exactly how I am about Amy. She is SO boring and plain.  I've never been impressed by her.  Jessika is another one.  There are actually several girls on the squad that are less than beautiful.  If they can make it and be there 3-4 years, then I feel like Brennan can make it.  But that's just my opinion :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8

The cuts all come down to dancing, kicks and body type.  We really do not know how the rookies are adapting to training camp and their skill level at this time.

Would a summer of training camp, all the way to the end and then being cut, help out a candidate for next year? 

Emotionally you would be devasted to be that close to making the team, but you would have experience that would carry over for next year.  

It would be interesting, considering that the team lost so many cheerleaders during the season, if they did not make cuts one at a time but waited awhile, and then say towards the last few weeks, start a reserve training camp with like the  5-6 girls that wouldn’t make the team but are so close.  The TCC could keep training in the reserve training camp.  Not that they would make the team unless a full time DCC left.  The candidates did move to Dallas for the summer so let them keep training in the reserve.  I know the DCC pull from the All Stars but this way, if it is really a dream to make the team the candidates can have a full session of training.  

I do believe some TCC’s did show up again this year a little soft.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wasn't even thinking that the source was a TCC (I assumed it was someone affiliated with the show).  I would hope that a TCC wouldn't be stupid enough to spew stuff like that.  It makes it laughable that "The fatties are still on the team!!!" was called toxic.

My thinking is that this particular rumor didn't even come from DCC Land and was made up to stir the pot on this forum while we have little concrete knowledge to work with during training camp. That said, I'm sure there's all kinds of whispered and private conversations going on among the vets and among the TCCs regarding VK's possibly privileged fate with the team. I am very curious about how VK has been acting in camp, however, in regards to center-staging herself, presenting herself as entitled to making the team, and being friends with all the vets before camp started. I don't doubt for a moment, however, that VK is working very hard at all this--she has spent thousands of dollars for prep classes the last couple of years and has shown that she is dedicated to (obsessed with?) making this team. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I hate to see Dayton gone as well...2 of the 3 cuts have been gals I was rooting for.  As for Brennan's looks...that's exactly how I am about Amy. She is SO boring and plain.  I've never been impressed by her.  Jessika is another one.  There are actually several girls on the squad that are less than beautiful.  If they can make it and be there 3-4 years, then I feel like Brennan can make it.  But that's just my opinion :) 

I think Brennan looks great this year with a tan and hope she makes it since she was so close last year! 

They are looking for that special spark with the TCC, and some just do not have it.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

I don't doubt for a moment, however, that VK is working very hard at all this--she has spent thousands of dollars for prep classes the last couple of years and has shown that she is dedicated to (obsessed with?) making this team. 

I am looking forward to seeing her in training camp.  She may just be whupping everyone else's butt in the DCC style department.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I think Brennan looks great this year with a tan and hope she makes it since she was so close last year! 

They are looking for that special spark with the TCC, and some just do not have it.  

I love Brennan and think she looks great as well...Hopefully she brings it with her dancing :) 

10 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I am looking forward to seeing her in training camp.  She may just be whupping everyone else's butt in the DCC style department.

I've seen so much hate vehemently tossed at the young lady, that I'm on the team VK bandwagon now.  I've never been against her, in fact.  Guess we will all just see :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I tend to agree. I like Dayton, and I think she was one of the most most naturally pretty girls there. So, I wanted her to make it, but I’ve seen nothing of her dancing in training camp. So, I have no reason to assume that her cut was unfair or unjust. 

• Love 8

VK may be doing well in camp, but based on her many videos posted over the last year, I find it hard to imagine that she's kicking everyone's ass with the choreography just yet. Even with all those classes she took, there remained something kind of wild, sloppy, or just off when she tries for DCC power style. It's like she puts so much effort into making her moves big and powerful that they are a bit unrefined. It's weird, because she also clearly has strong technical training. Anyway, that has been my view of her dancing for the past year and a half, so my feeling is that, if she's going to really nail the style, she will need to continue to bust butt the rest of training camp and probably her entire rookie year. Has anyone seen VK's kicks? Being so tall, hers will have to be "50 yard line worthy," as Kelli says.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

who is the blonde wearing sunglasses? Daphne? Otherwise it's Caroline, Amber, Kristin, Brennan and Briana, right? 

Christina and I see two others have answered already now :) hehe

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1

If it's true that Dayton is cut, than I am sad.  I hope Kelli is messing with us and sent the team home early after such a long night before.   Dayton seems to have come a long way after her disastrous tryout last year.  She's slimmer and seemed more self assured.  I've seen clips of her dance and the girl can dance.  DCC style who knows.  As far as her looks, she looks better than some others that are still there.  

I am also on the VK bandwagon because I believe she has a huge target on her back because her mother is Kelli's bestie.  VK appears to be a bubbly girl and just graduated from high school.  She is pretty.  How tough that must be to read these forums.  I hope Cassie has a "thick skin" talk with Dayton and VK.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

If it's true that Dayton is cut, than I am sad.  I hope Kelli is messing with us and sent the team home early after such a long night before.   Dayton seems to have come a long way after her disastrous tryout last year.  She's slimmer and seemed more self assured.  I've seen clips of her dance and the girl can dance.  DCC style who knows.  As far as her looks, she looks better than some others that are still there.  

Ah she can dance, but can she kick to her nose?

2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

They act like making these cuts is the difference between a garbage performance and winning a Tony on Broadway.

So true!!!  They say that they have to cut girls for the most nit-picky things and it is so hard to meet their standards yet, at the same time, enforce the idea to the existing team they are completely replaceable and better get in f-ing line.  

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Group 4 pic , finally :) 

image.thumb.png.80760c652478b50a7ca150009e4a4ee2.png

This seems to be a pretty short group. Looks like the blonde in the back is the tallest, and she only appears to be a few inches taller than Madeline. 

6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This seems to be a pretty short group. Looks like the blonde in the back is the tallest, and she only appears to be a few inches taller than Madeline. 

I think Savvy is pretty tall, she's like same height as Lexie but she's just crouching down

• Love 2

Found a new FB page on DCC Making the Team "Fan" page.  Not an official DCC page.  Asked about cuts and got replies "I'm confused" "why are you asking this"--"season hasn't started yet"--I guess they don't understand training camp is going on now?

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Found a new FB page on DCC Making the Team "Fan" page.  Not an official DCC page.  Asked about cuts and got replies "I'm confused" "why are you asking this"--"season hasn't started yet"--I guess they don't understand training camp is going on now?

yeah, they never have any idea what's going on...well, most of them. there are a few who check in during show.  their only real activity is one that one guy posts a bunch of pictures of a dcc one day, another the next, etc. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I hope Cassie has a "thick skin" talk with Dayton and VK.

I can already see the awkward coffee shop scene now. Cassie will be the “Legacy Mentor”

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

The cuts all come down to dancing, kicks and body type.  We really do not know how the rookies are adapting to training camp and their skill level at this time.

Would a summer of training camp, all the way to the end and then being cut, help out a candidate for next year? 

Emotionally you would be devasted to be that close to making the team, but you would have experience that would carry over for next year.  

It would be interesting, considering that the team lost so many cheerleaders during the season, if they did not make cuts one at a time but waited awhile, and then say towards the last few weeks, start a reserve training camp with like the  5-6 girls that wouldn’t make the team but are so close.  The TCC could keep training in the reserve training camp.  Not that they would make the team unless a full time DCC left.  The candidates did move to Dallas for the summer so let them keep training in the reserve.  I know the DCC pull from the All Stars but this way, if it is really a dream to make the team the candidates can have a full session of training.  

I do believe some TCC’s did show up again this year a little soft.  

There have been girls who made the team who could not dance, kick, or had weight issues. Loni, Morgan, and Stephanie come to mind. And of course there are the girls Judy and especially Kelli do not care for who do not have snow ball chance in heck of making the team, but they were brought in for cuts and story line.

Edited by bigskygirl
Mind not mine *lol*
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There have been girls who made the team who could not dance, kick, or had weight issues. Loni, Morgan, and Stephanie come to mine. And of course there are the girls Judy and especially Kelli do not care for who do not have snow ball chance in heck of making the team, but they were brought in for cuts and story line.

Morgan one of my least favorite on the team.  Kelli was so enthralled with Morgan's single mom story and her flat abs.  Morgan's story was another one beaten to death and not one I admired.  Morgan struggled the entire training camp. Loni could never kick and ran off the field during the season.  Kali was another one who struggled with kicks and her weight the entire first year and then did not make it back.  I believe Loni and Kali both made it because K and C thought they were so pretty.  

• Love 8

Morgan had the type of mistakes in training camp that people notice. Not small issues with the detail or a lack of pop, but she was forgetting chunks of choreography. Like even casual fans who aren’t paying attention that much notice when a girl completely blanks out on the choreography. I still think she made it because Kitty seemed to have some connection to her. Ashley Paige was scripted and stiff in her dancing, but if it was between the 2 of them, I would have taken her.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Morgan one of my least favorite on the team.  Kelli was so enthralled with Morgan's single mom story and her flat abs.  Morgan's story was another one beaten to death and not one I admired.  Morgan struggled the entire training camp. Loni could never kick and ran off the field during the season.  Kali was another one who struggled with kicks and her weight the entire first year and then did not make it back.  I believe Loni and Kali both made it because K and C thought they were so pretty.  

Kalli was like Mackenzie though...a powerful dancer and she seemed approachable with a good attitude.  But coming back heavy AND not showing improvement on kicks?   I liked her in season 7 but I agreed with Jay.  No way. 

I still think Kitty had some sway with Morgan.  

Just my humble opinion on this:  aside from Carla in season 7, I don’t know if I agree with the brought in for drama for  the show. There are some underdogs that Kelli genuinely seems to like and want to succeed.  Clarissa s6, Vivian, Alexandra, Brianna, Kali Fullerton ....she has gotten choked up or very sad when they got cut.  In some cases I think they come back expecting to make it without preparing.  That was the case of that girl who was brought back in season 4 when the twins resigned.  She was a train wreck at the following years semi finals and seemed surprised she didn’t just get in. 

Does anyone know how the idea of a vet helping the rookies the morning after night one got started?  It didn’t happen until Sydney in season 7 helped a small amount of girls.  Then the numbers slowly grew. Now it seems almost mandatory.  THAT seemed CMT driven or a photo opp the DCC later chose to take advantage of....

• Love 3

Kaime from Season 4, imo, was brought in for a different type of story line aka two girls left TC, so lets bring in another girl who probably had a chance of making it to TC. An insider did say Kelli and Judy did not really care for her and no way was she going to make the squad, and she thought she was a shoo-in because she was ask to come back and did not have to work to make the team. I take the inside information with a grain of salt. Kelli said the sisters leaving was the first time someone left TC, but I remember at least one girl leaving TC in Season One.

I'm sorry, but I could never understand the appeal of Karissa, Alexandra, Brianna and Kali F.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kaime from Season 4, imo, was brought in for a different type of story line aka two girls left TC, so lets bring in another girl who probably had a chance of making it to TC. An insider did say Kelli and Judy did not really care for her and no way was she going to make the squad, and she thought she was a shoo-in because she was ask to come back and did not have to work to make the team. I take the inside information with a grain of salt. Kelli said the sisters leaving was the first time someone left TC, but I remember at least one girl leaving TC in Season One.

I'm sorry, but I could never understand the appeal of Karissa, Alexandra, Brianna and Kali F.

THANK YOU.  I couldn’t remember her name.  In K&Js defense, they do seem to take it personally when a girl doesn’t take the commitment to camp seriously....I’ve heard them remark, that was a spot someone else could have had almost every other season.  

• Love 3

If it's true that Dayton was cut, that makes me mad.  Of ALL the girls in Training Camp (some who are strugglers or have other issues), you chose her?  At least get rid of some of the others before you cut her, especially since I don't think she would have struggled as much as some of the others.  I don't want to fall down the rabbit hole into conspiracy theories at the moment so I'm going to stop now before my brain (and fingers) get me into more trouble.

To be fair, we don't know anything about training camp and who is struggling. She could be the worst one there as far as struggling and if there's truly people who are struggling as much as her then they'll most likely be cut if they can't work on it.

• Love 10

I am kind of thinking this may be the end of the road for Dayton - in other words, we won't see her return.  Last year, I got the impression that someone here echoed; her heart wasn't in it.  I just feel like if her heart really was in it this year, K&J would have kept her to the end even if she wasn't going to make it, just to give her the full benefit of training camp for next year.  I just wonder if there wasn't a side bar between K&J and Shelley, and the three of them accepted that it wasn't Dayton's desire now or ever so they released her early.  She is cute as a button, certainly a better dancer than some they have kept in other years, and the timing just seems completely wrong to cut a legacy unless that legacy said not now/not ever.  

• Love 4