Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

35515147_212553129386351_4353375883403198464_n.thumb.jpg.ae01a5f1a3acad9980a58e8a4383b8fc.jpg

She will be the only girl to ever make the team with a horse mouth smile.  It would be nice if they would apologize to all the girls they criticized on national TV for mouths that were not half as bad as this.  I really don't like how that say things about  girls on TV, it stays with them forever.  All for CMT.

I'm pretty sure Chandler comes to mind for a lot of people.  She had a very similar "gummy" smile (which was her "default" version) that she could very easily worked on and gotten a more "natural" (read "less gummy") smile for games.  Does anyone know what happened to her after that?  I want to say I heard she went on to cheer for the Houston Texans and is now working for them as a club seat coordinator.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

This is probably the outcome of so many people who colored their natural brown hair to blond and just got tired of having to re do the roots over and over and over so it was a unanimous decision among these people to say heck with it and I guess it took. 

Maybe that's what happened with the pant leg hemming too....

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

35515147_212553129386351_4353375883403198464_n.thumb.jpg.ae01a5f1a3acad9980a58e8a4383b8fc.jpg

She will be the only girl to ever make the team with a horse mouth smile.  It would be nice if they would apologize to all the girls they criticized on national TV for mouths that were not half as bad as this.  I really don't like how that say things about  girls on TV, it stays with them forever.  All for CMT.

Alexis is absolutely stunning!

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Yeah I agree. I was just wondering because I’ve never seen her this tan. But yes it look good. 

Tara’s hair doesn’t look right. Something about her skin color and her hair don’t match it’s making her look a little pale. It could be a makeup issue and when she is properly made up, it could look better. 

I've gone way back on Tara's IG before and she's had a variety of hair colors.  i like her blonde - I think her hair is just very thin and can look limp.  I usually don't like extensions but she may benefit from having a few popped in (I feel like that's what Erica must have done while she was a DCC because her hair is back to looking thin and flat again).  I think Tara is SO pretty tho that in the scheme of things i don't mind her hair that much lol 

ie example of it reddish brown: 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

27908542_1918085601546450_8527084467246858240_n.thumb.jpg.827ee4bec10cc976c726b5889f7c9e78.jpg

I wondered how Taylor J and Sam knew each other.  Looks like this is at Aggie's auditions and you can see a number under Sam's shirt like an audition number.  Does anyone know if Sam auditioned?

Sam did audition and unfortunately did not make it

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

what is said about them here that they read stays with them forever too.  both instances they are putting themselves out there for critique, as I am always reminded by other posters. 

I actually really like Victoria's smile.  she has big enough eyes to balance it out.  but as someone else said, i don't mind gummy smiles.

• Love 14
(edited)
48 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

27908542_1918085601546450_8527084467246858240_n.thumb.jpg.827ee4bec10cc976c726b5889f7c9e78.jpg

I wondered how Taylor J and Sam knew each other.  Looks like this is at Aggie's auditions and you can see a number under Sam's shirt like an audition number.  Does anyone know if Sam auditioned?

I thought I saw a thing  where someone was wishing Sam good luck with some sort of audition in either 2016 or 2017 but she wasn't on the team when it was announced. 

11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

what is said about them here that they read stays with them forever too.  both instances they are putting themselves out there for critique, as I am always reminded by other posters. 

I actually really like Victoria's smile.  she has big enough eyes to balance it out.  but as someone else said, i don't mind gummy smiles.

I am with you on this...I don't think she looks bad.  She does have a little more "gum" in her smile...but so does Christina at times.  To me...just makes her more relatable.  I guess I'm going to have to say I'm "Team Victoria" now because I just don't understand all the hate being sent her way.  I know her mom made some "not so nice" comments BUT that shouldn't be held against this young lady.  (shrugs... but...I know what  my opinion is worth lol) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 9
On 6/23/2018 at 6:33 PM, parrotfeathers said:

What is Chelsea doing nowadays?  I feel sorry for her.  She was so different looking in training camp.  Doesn't really look like a real person now.

agreed!

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don’t like gummy smiles, but I agree with you in the case of Victoria. Her eyes are so big that if she had a small smile (like Alexis’s), I don’t think she would look right. I think her face would look imbalanced.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I love Amy L's group very fun looking and Tess, Alexis, and Dayton in there too

They do have the most fun looking group :) 

46 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I  definitely prefer Victoria’s look now post audition/finals. I think even though her makeover was subtle, it gives enough. Looks wise, definitely she looks DCC material. We’ll probably have to watch the show to see her dancing style away from her insta videos. 

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I  definitely prefer Victoria’s look now post audition/finals.

I am not being at all snarky, but what are you seeing about her that looks different?  I imagine once the difference is pointed out to me I'll have one of those "Oh yeah, how could I have missed that???" kind of reaction :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2018 at 8:03 PM, PrincessLeia said:

Jasmin is such a pretty girl. I’m super bummed she didn’t make it. 

Me too! I think she is a great dancer. I know she just got engaged right after she made TC and it's odd to me that she is moving so fast. Do we know if she was cut or did she quit. Sorry, just felt like stirring the pot a little bit. lol

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I am not being at all snarky, but what are you seeing about her that looks different?  I imagine once the difference is pointed out to me I'll have one of those "Oh yeah, how could I have missed that???" kind of reaction :)

It’s quite subtle to me, but I feel her hair looks less damaged/bleached than it used to. Also looks not as heavy - like a lot of extensions were removed. Also in my opinion, her make up application has also improved which makes her look better. 

• Love 5
On 6/23/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bennie said:

I hear Lindsay B was second cut.

Wow, maybe Lindsay and Jasmin didn't look good in the uniform.. Who knows with them but I thought they were both talented. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they gave her lash extensions which helps the spider lashes she was wearing before. Also they definitely made her tone down the makeup, she used to ALWAYS have bright lips and it looks so much better with a soft pink

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think it's not so much that Victoria has a "gummy" smile (and she does look beautiful with it in several pictures), but that Kelli and Judy could be seen as hypocritical about "ignoring" it in Victoria's case, but almost mocking other girls with similar "gummy" smiles (Megan Martinez, Chandler, Margaret).  Granted, previous Rookie candidates with gummy smiles had other issues that prevented them from making the team, but their smiles were brought up and used against them with at least two incidents occurring on national television.  

To be clear, I'm not saying that Victoria and her smile should be mocked on national television, but that such behavior (especially by superiors/supervisors) should not be tolerated AND that Victoria could be taught a different way to smile when she's on the field, if she gets that far.  In fact, if Victoria feels it's such a problem, she could go to others who have experience performing on the field and ask how she could get that big, bright beautiful smile without looking too gummy/too horsey.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think it's not so much that Victoria has a "gummy" smile (and she does look beautiful with it in several pictures), but that Kelli and Judy could be seen as hypocritical about "ignoring" it in Victoria's case, but almost mocking other girls with similar "gummy" smiles (Megan Martinez, Chandler, Margaret).  Granted, previous Rookie candidates with gummy smiles had other issues that prevented them from making the team, but their smiles were brought up and used against them with at least two incidents occurring on national television.  

No one will get any argument from me regarding K&J having different standards for different people. They do. I don’t even that point is debatable. With that said, we don’t know that it hasn’t been brought up to Victoria or mentioned, and girls make it all of the time with issues that got other ppl cut.

I get why people are on high alert when it comes to favoritism for Dayton and Victoria, but I’m still reserving judgment until I see either of them dance. Hopefully, we get a TCC video with them dancing soon.

• Love 9

I think if you showed 100 non-show watchers pictures of Victoria, Chandler and Margaret, people would say Victoria is hot and (smiling) Chandler and Margaret are very meh. Victoria’s kind of annoying, but she’s really pretty.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Group 2 has been confirmed:

vets: Kashara, Khalyn, Molly, Yuko, Heather O

Rookies: VK, Jalyn, Madeline, Rachel, Lily 

I’m surprised they put Heather O in Kashara’s group considering she was the G2 last year

Does anyone else find it odd that Heather O. didn't keep her Group Leader spot. I know that she was just filling in but I assume she did a good enough job. Any thoughts? 

19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

That’s group 3 

Who is Amy L's 2nd GL?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Yes! Poor Margaret Martinez. I bet they don't even mention her smile on the show 

I totally agree. To make it even worse, it was VK's mom that criticized the one TCC for looking like a "grandma" when she smiles because her gum's were showing. Was her name Chandler? 

3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I remember seeing a comment from her about trying out a few months back, so yes, but she was not trying to make it public knowledge at all!

• Love 5
On 6/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, Tootie said:

I don't know about finals, but this is a screenshot from Season 6 prelims.  This is the earliest that I've seen her, but I wasn't so obsessed back then. lol   

This was the season that Emma, Amelia, Angela, Brittney & Holly Arielle came in...

Christina from season 6 -Emma, Amelia - Copy.png

Is that Alexis behind Christina's right shoulder (our left), behind the African American girl. It sure does look like her! 

8 hours ago, Kayce said:

That dark roots thing seems to be the trend now.  My daughter is going today to have her hair turned blonde with the shadow roots.  I don't get it :) 

I think the dark roots look okay on the girls as long as it matches their eyebrow color.  Most of the hair colors don't look natural to me anyway, but it always seemed to bother me when a person had platinum or yellow blonde hair and black eye brows and eye lashes. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

In season 4 Kelli said TCC Margaret Martinez had a gummy smile. Victoria's is no different.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Heather O. was an assistant group leader after KaShara took over for Erica. Maybe she did not care to do it anymore.

I know she was an assistant. Just didn't type it that way..my bad. I'm sure there are several reason's it could be. 

18 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I know she was an assistant. Just didn't type it that way..my bad. I'm sure there are several reason's it could be. 

To be a fly in the room when Kelli and Judy decide group leaders and assistant group leaders.

14 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Margaret Martinez was just not a cute girl. She was cut for looks.... way more than her smile. I always wondered how she even made training camp.

Probably for the show. They needed to have a number of girls to bring into TC for cuts. I wonder if we would watch it if there was no cuts at all.

4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

To be clear, I'm not saying that Victoria and her smile should be mocked on national television, but that such behavior (especially by superiors/supervisors) should not be tolerated AND that Victoria could be taught a different way to smile when she's on the field, if she gets that far.  In fact, if Victoria feels it's such a problem, she could go to others who have experience performing on the field and ask how she could get that big, bright beautiful smile without looking too gummy/too horsey.

I'm having a brain-cramp, but who are Megan Martinez and Margaret??

Also...  I LOVE Judy, but I'm just gonna throw this out there....

Judy's smile.jpg

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I don't know who Megan is, but Margaret Martinez is #11.

image.thumb.png.6b10d0c615b58143a5413a4b891bff6e.png

22 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I understand not wanting it to come out now but don’t they realize we will watch the show regardless? I don’t even care for the cut scenes to be honest! I like watching the routines, practices, the experience of TCC. If I am lame, well I shall lead the empire of it!

I hope they don’t spend time on the stories of girls who don’t make the team.  That’s time they could be covering the routines, etc.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Meghan Martinez is number 22...i LOVED her. they thought she was 'muddy' looking. i thought she was gorgeous #partyof1iguess 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Megan Martinez is directly behind Margaret Martinez # 22

@LaurenBrook we must have submitted our posts at the exact same time or I wouldnt have answered right after you did lol

Where do you guys find all these TCC group photos?

1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

I hope they don’t spend time on the stories of girls who don’t make the team.  That’s time they could be covering the routines, etc.

Please, no sad story about how you overcame a rough college final AND you were bullied in sixth grade but now you’re here, in TCC + double pirouette/sassy Not-a-DCC pose in a dark oak walled room at SMU so take THAT haters of PTV, IG, and and e t c! 

I want to see practice, too! Not the stretches or warmups (we see you, gross ass camera crew). I would like to see the semifinals choreo and watch Judy’s patience slowly erode after that 1 hour of choreo teaching. Her face goes from happy to ? AND I LOVE IT. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Also...  I LOVE Judy, but I'm just gonna throw this out there....

Judy's smile.jpg

This is Margaret. Can anyone with a straight face say they’re even comparable? Victoria is really pretty. Margaret is not, and Kelly and Judy were completely justified to say Margaret doesn’t look like a DCC. VK totally does.

609A2CBD-8903-429E-8637-CEA560EEEA9E.jpeg

• Love 7

I honestly don’t think either Dayton or Victoria are THAT bad of TCCs. They both can be made up in to the kind of overdone Dallas look the DCC go for.

Dayton will likely never recover for me from last interview, because that wasn’t just not being prepared and knowing football facts — it was basic civics. But I also don’t need her to perform brain surgery on me. Victoria just has that look that is apparently popular in Dallas I guess — I wouldn’t call it natural beauty. I’ll judge her since her mom is so free to judge others, but whatever, other DCCs have had their flaws. I am sure they are fine dancers — I am not convinced every DCC needs to be a Broadway caliber performer.

but what they both have, especially right now, is two important things. First is proven loyalty — DCC families that will drink the look aid and not cause problems. Second — not much else going on. The loyal soldiers seem to be the ones that have the time to be.  In those respects, I see why keeping them makes so much sense. They are low risk and relatively easy to control. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I think Dayton is the prettiest of the TCCs. I hate that she and VK keep getting lumped together, just because they’re both legacies. Dayton is actually a really good dancer. As we’ve seen from VK’s 500 videos she’s posted, she really can’t manage the DCC dance style.   

In regards to VK’s gummy smile, I don’t have an issue with it, in fact I wouldn’t have noticed it if you guys didn’t point it out. I find her overall look a bit off-putting though. Every time I see a pic of her, the “Overly attached girlfriend” meme comes to mind.

DA597764-446D-420C-8B61-96F0D9368023.jpeg

E7DB5452-51D0-44BF-BC84-E0C76D1EE373.jpeg

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TinyHands said:

This is Margaret. Can anyone with a straight face say they’re even comparable? Victoria is really pretty. Margaret is not, and Kelly and Judy were completely justified to say Margaret doesn’t look like a DCC. VK totally does.

609A2CBD-8903-429E-8637-CEA560EEEA9E.jpeg

I feel the same about Maddie and Amy. Cute, but not DCC pretty, even with all the makeup. Gums and all, VK is atleast DCC pretty. 

20180625_2317041.png

Resized_20180625_231637.jpg

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Angie said:

This photo makes me wonder if the ladies didn't have training camp tonight

Screenshot_2018-06-25-22-37-33.png

Maybe Kellie gave them the night off due to it being her daughters birthday 

• Love 1

I think the issue that VK's mom brought up regarding Chandler was because when Chandler smiled, she always smiled this huge, 100 watt smile that lit up the room but also scrunched her face. I always thought that was something Chandler could've focused on and fixed if someone would only bring it to her attention, not just make catty comments behind the scenes.

Anyway, different (in my opinion) from VK's situation. She's got a gummy smile for sure, but she doesn't scrunch her face. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe Kellie gave them the night off due to it being her daughters birthday 

Maybe it's one of those nights where the group leaders run the practice.  Gee, would sure like to see that on MTT - hint, hint:)

• Love 7