Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Not You, Mr. Dake

• Start Topic

You mean Showtime. ;) My On Demand guide has this:

Axe and Chuck face mounting evidence of their involvement in the Ice Juice sabotage; Taylor questions Wendy's authority and motivations at Axe Capital; Connerty makes his case in court but faces unexpected witness testimony.

a) I thought if someone gets arrested and says lawyer in interview, legally they cannot be spoken to. 

b) More blue. Bobby, Connety, Bach, Dake.  What gives?

c) Mafee got an office so does that mean he got a promotion? And Bobby doesn’t acknowledge it? But Dollar Bill still sits outside with the other traders? Not getting it.

• Love 2

Going to have to vote against the crowd and say that I loved this episode!

It was good to see Axe's OG return to do some gangsta shit along with a random Canada reference. They even said Timmy Ho Hos! It would have been awesome if Axe was rocking Canada's national coffee when he showed up but they already did that on Homeland.

However, how do we know we're in Canada? There's bigass Canadian flags hanging off of everything. How do you know you're really in Canada? There aren't bigass Canadian flags hanging off of everything. Our patriotism manifests in hockey and the Tragically Hip and the above-mentioned coffee and donut chain. Oh, and beer, we mustn't forget beer.

Wendy hit it out of the park this episode. Axe and Chuck are whispering about a patsy and Wendy comes over and just hops right onboard. Say what you will about her, she is neither stupid nor shy!

I want to adopt Maffee! He has always been such a puppy and in this episode he definitely got led around by the nose. He just wants to do what is right! Too bad no one else around him feels the same way.

Speaking of which, Connerty and Dake may be down but they're not out. I'm looking forward to what they do next.

I loved that Chuck ended up destroying the doctor because of Donnie Kahn. That was a good payoff to that storyline.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

I loved that Chuck ended up destroying the doctor because of Donnie Kahn. That was a good payoff to that storyline.

Chuck did that mainly to save his own skin.  He keeps incriminating info. in his pocket to trade favors or blackmail.

The scene with Wendy and Maffee at his apt. was ridiculous.  Is he suppose to be some inexperienced 16 year old who wouldn't be able to see what Wendy was doing?

And for the first time, Connerty gave a damn about getting Axe but way too late buddy.

I thought Iceland showing up all shaven would put him at risk of being matched with that drawing.

I guess now, Taylor is starting to be disillusioned with Axe.  But come on, she's already bought into what Axe represents.  She would make up a case for a short because they had insider info.

Besides she doesn't believe in a soul or conscience.  Guess she's suppose to feel protective over Maffee now?

We knew Axe and Chuck would eventually be back.  Now of course, they got to end Chuck's flirtation with running for governor, since the point of the show is Bobby and Chuck butting heads and he can't very well do that as governor.

I don't know what is going to become of salty Connerty.  Will they drop it too, as they kind of made him a patsy in the main feud?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, scrb said:

The scene with Wendy and Maffee at his apt. was ridiculous.  Is he supposed to be some inexperienced 16-year-old who wouldn't be able to see what Wendy was doing?

AWFUL. I don’t think Wendy would do this. It really contradicts a lot of what they have established regarding her character. Nor do I think that the execution would be so clunky. Same goes for the elevator bank kiss. 

But at least it gave us this:

He likes me. 

Everybody likes you. 

No, I mean, he likes me. 

Oh. 

Oh.

That tracks. 

I loved Taylor confronting Wendy. They were both great in that scene. Although, a lot of good that conversation did.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Man, they fcuked that doctor up but good. He was guilty of a thing Chuck knew about though and that's what came back around to trap him. When you lie down with dogs...

What the doctor did was a lot worse than what chuck did.  The doctor decided to withhold life lengthening treatment from a man for money.  Axe was also guilty in shortening this man’s life, but even worse than the doctor because his reason was for personal gain.  At least the doctor did it for cancer research.  Axe is still the biggest piece of shit by far on this show.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Lemons said:

What the doctor did was a lot worse than what chuck did.  The doctor decided to withhold life lengthening treatment from a man for money.  Axe was also guilty in shortening this man’s life, but even worse than the doctor because his reason was for personal gain.  At least the doctor did it for cancer research.  Axe is still the biggest piece of shit by far on this show.  

They all are manipulative POS, Wendy included.  I do not have anyone to root for anymore in this series.  I thought Connerty could be one, but he passed the idiot line when he got distracted with chasing Chuck instead of scoring easy witnesses for his case.  

• Love 8

Seriously, Connerty is more like Chuck than he realizes. He was so obsessed and ardent about getting his boss, he inadvertently made a couple of long time enemies work together to save their asses. 

He better watch himself if he doesn´t want to end up being what he despises. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

Seriously, Connerty is more like Chuck than he realizes. He was so obsessed and ardent about getting his boss, he inadvertently made a couple of long time enemies work together to save their asses. 

He better watch himself if he doesn´t want to end up being what he despises. 

And they made Connerty out to be a rookie.  He screwed up everything in the worst way.   Bumbling, no focus, no prioritizing.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

And they made Connerty out to be a rookie.  He screwed up everything in the worst way.   Bumbling, no focus, no prioritizing.   

He was given the info on Wendy by Spiros, who works at Axe Capital. Spiros said Homeland Security got her phone data. We don’t know if Connerty ever confirmed the data (that little detail was skipped over) then Axe, somehow, manipulated the info. Yes, he wanted Chuck and forgot about Axe.  He took too big a bite and choked.

And yes, the Wendy at Mafee’s apartment was ridiculous. I actually thought she was going to start stripping. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

He was given the info on Wendy by Spiros, who works at Axe Capital. Spiros said Homeland Security got her phone data. We don’t know if Connerty ever confirmed the data (that little detail was skipped over) then Axe, somehow, manipulated the info. Yes, he wanted Chuck and forgot about Axe.  He took too big a bite and choked.

And yes, the Wendy at Mafee’s apartment was ridiculous. I actually thought she was going to start stripping. 

I thought Wendy was going to have sex with him.  In real life that would have been a necessary start.   

• Love 2

Yeah what was the point of wearing that makeup, that dress and then taking his drink, rubbing his thigh, putting her head on his shoulder?

Does being a cock-tease work as a form of persuasion?

3 hours ago, scrb said:

Yeah what was the point of wearing that makeup, that dress and then taking his drink, rubbing his thigh, putting her head on his shoulder?

Does being a cock-tease work as a form of persuasion?

Do not forget that Wendy is a dominatrix. Of rodeos this was not her first.

• Love 3

Great episode, I'm not really sure what to make of the final scene, I thought Axe was having a stroke.

Any scene with Clancy Brown is gold, his character is amazing.

Not sure exactly what happened with Dake, he ended up taking the blame for the loss against Axe? Was that the idea all along?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Mileman said:

Not sure exactly what happened with Dake, he ended up taking the blame for the loss against Axe? Was that the idea all along?

Well it wasn't Chucks idea.

But certainly the producers weren't going to have either male lead end up in prison so who knows.

Chuck cut the deal with Dake to get Dake off his back.

Now Chuck didn't get Axe but he certainly is free of Dake coming after him isn't he?

1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

I honestly forgot Lara existed until she popped up in this episode.

I forgot she was in it until I saw your post. I literally had to ask myself, “What was the only useless scene?” and then I remembered she exchanged some pleasantries with her former ride-or-die while spending his money.

Bobby got over her quick didn't he?

He didn't cheat and was all desperate to get her back last season.

This season?  Shrug, ok you get half, now let me party in my bachelor pad.

I don't recall any scenes with the boys this season either.

Not that I miss her, but it is weird that we essentially got an orgy instead of seeing her reaction to any of this. 

I loved Taylor confronting Wendy. They were both great in that scene. Although, a lot of good that conversation did.  

That scene between them was great.  Very intense. 

I can't even speak about the scene at Mafee's apartment.  He's a 40-something year old man, but the entire thing was written like he's the world's the oldest living virgin and Wendy was there to pop his cherry.  I think they confused a person being generally decent and having a good sense right and wrong with being childlike.   

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, scrb said:

Bobby got over her quick didn't he?

He didn't cheat and was all desperate to get her back last season.

I don't recall any scenes with the boys this season either.

I think Axe and Lara are divorcing for financial protection with the intent of getting back together once Axe is clear of all legal trouble.

On 5/7/2018 at 3:56 AM, dwmarch said:

It was good to see Axe's OG return to do some gangsta shit along with a random Canada reference

I like that guy too but there is no way in hell he would associate with Axe again. Once Axe was arrested that guy ghosted himself. There was a scene where Axe tried to call him and the number didn’t work anymore. I seriously doubt Axe even knew his real name.

2 hours ago, ahpny said:

What has the flash drive (I think that’s what it was) Axe grandly awarded to Mafee? I didn’t catch that or why it was significant.

A stick a.k.a a million.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2018 at 7:03 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

If the doctor commits suicide, I’m going to get very upset.

I hate when shows try to write off a characters fate as cosmic justice or karma for something other than the actual event/justice they deserve. 

As sick as the cancer guy was he had already made up his mind to leave his partner and kids with 40 million. I don't think he would've jeopardized that. True the doctor probably should have presented it as an option but then again it was experimental. Many doctors let the patient escalate and/or broaden their treatment options. The doctor should been forced to face a medical board before the interrogation room. They could've left that as a threat for several more epi's if not seasons.

Also was that treatment from the same pharma company that Axe lost money on?

• Love 1
On 5/7/2018 at 3:15 AM, scrb said:

The scene with Wendy and Maffee at his apt. was ridiculous.  Is he suppose to be some inexperienced 16 year old who wouldn't be able to see what Wendy was doing?

This scene reminded me of something my brother likes to say- she was short circuiting his brain. She showed up at his door instead of him going to her, looking like sex instead of her normal professional vibe, she got in his space, she touched him which she seems to never do with the traders, she opened up emotionally and played damsel, she made it sexual, gave him a way to play her hero then she cleared out before he could find a clear thought. If she had actually interacted with him, I think he would have gotten his bearings again. Instead she blew his mind and left him to sort it out. Manipulation 101. So lust crossed with his crush and basic decency resulted in him doing what was 'right', at least in romantic hero parlance. They were definitely leaning into Mafee's goofiness but it worked for me. The kiss at the end was the best part though.

• Love 1