Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Melissa Morris LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

"His heart's only working at 30%"? He could live for years! Sheesh.

Yeah.  I’ve had family members with heart failure who declined slowly but it wasn’t an immediate death as they seemed to be saying.

Edited by ThereButFor
4 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

I'll admit I bailed on the Bettie Jo ep... more details on the cancer scam?

Apparently she has been passing off a congenital bone growth near her spine as being a new development as well as very dangerous and cancerous to garner sympathy and financial support, which Dr. Now exposed as boldfaced lies. Her hubby had a meltdown in Dr. Now's office and stormed out saying how he disagreed with Dr. Now but admitted that the "cancer" hadn't yet been seen in Bettie Jo's doctor's "telescope." There's more to it, but that's it in a nutshell .

• Love 8

I started a comment and then I lost it. Regarding repetitive commercials:

I'm getting a lawyer commercial that repeats itself. I found myself wondering last week if it was the station playing it twice or if the commercial itself was intended to repeat. It seems almost too seamless to not be on purpose. Either way, it's annoying. (Also, it basically says "we do what we do so it doesn't happen to you! Call us"...if I have to call you then obviously it did happen to me, so, um...)

• Love 5

Also. There are numerous comments regarding her strange shape. I believe some of that is a result of the skin removal surgery.  

I wonder, too, if it is a result of the skin removal surgery and then her subsequent weight gain somehow? I think that when she had the skin removal and her weight was lower, she was more proportional.

I had this dress once that I loved. Then I gained weight and it didn't fit. Then I lost weight and the dress... still didn't fit - even though I weighed slightly less than I had when I originally bought it. For whatever reason, even though I lost weight, I lost it in different places from where it had been originally and I didn't lose back to the same shape.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Man, she is a mess.  I say that with sympathy, empathy, kindness, etc.  No snark.  But man oh man, she is a mess.

True fact. She's a good platitude spouter but not a good platitude doer. Doesn't make her a bad person.

1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

<tap, tap, tap> Is this thing on? Anybody awake?

Barely. Then again, I haven't slept well the past couple nights. I nearly fell asleep reading at lunch today. I sit in a semi-comfy chair up in a corner by the windows at my office and started to nod off.

• Love 3

I really liked this therapist and sure as Hell needed a break from Dr. Baby Voice Canary Head. Did I hear this wrong but did she refer to her soon to be ex Chris as Superman? Definitely ain't nothing super about him.

• Love 4

The comments about her strange shape and skin removal surgery are probably correct. I am not sure if she had surgery on her legs, but I would guess that her scars are not as flexible as the rest of her skin, and so as she has gained weight she has taken on the appearance of a water balloon wrapped with string. If she lost the weight she would probably look less weird.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I really liked this therapist and sure as Hell needed a break from Dr. Baby Voice Canary Head. Did I hear this wrong but did she refer to her soon to be ex Chris as Superman? Definitely ain't nothing super about him.

No she called her dad Superman 

• Love 3

No, Superman is her dad. 

But if my ears don’t deceive, she did call Chris her husband.  Not Ex-husband. 

• Love 1

She was referring to her father. He was her hero m

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Stusan said:

No, Superman is her dad. 

Maybe they weren't officially divorced yet?

New eating habit: Chocolate milk and two Brussels cookies. I did go to the gym after work, though. Second time this week...much better than the last two weeks during which my gym bag just sat under my desk at work.

• Love 3

It seems to me that her face is looking a little better as she's gaining weight?

I'm really pretty tired of Melissa's struggle and self-doubt.  Girl, put them big-girl panties on and do it.  Or don't.  I'm over it now.  This has been a loooooong episode.  It has made me cranky.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Stusan said:

No, Superman is her dad. 

I am hoping this is just because it hasn’t been long enough to be officially divorced. She did says Chris ‘has the kids’ for her appointment and calls herself a single mom. In a lot of states it takes a year or more to be officially divorced when kids are involved. 

3 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

She was referring to her father. He was her hero m

Thanks too! It really brought tears to my eyes when her mom said how he always walks to the door to watch her leave and then cries for an hour after. As the counselor on Intervention would say "Melissa, he loves you like crazy."

• Love 8

I've always been curious about this... why would Melissa be driving a pickup truck? She doesn't seem to do anything that would require one or even make one particularly useful. Do some people just like driving them? I see that it has a back seat but it seems to me that it wouldn't even be particularly pragmatic for hauling kids around.

I don't love "motivational speaker" as a career goal. It seems too sporadic and unstable. Plus, wouldn't it involve a lot of travel. I think there would be so many other things that she could do that would be equally satisfying and would provide more stable income.

It seems to me that her face is looking a little better as she's gaining weight?

I look younger when I'm heavier. When I'm thinner, my wrinkles are more apparent. What great choices I have...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder, too, if it is a result of the skin removal surgery and then her subsequent weight gain somehow? I think that when she had the skin removal and her weight was lower, she was more proportional.

I had this dress once that I loved. Then I gained weight and it didn't fit. Then I lost weight and the dress... still didn't fit - even though I weighed slightly less than I had when I originally bought it. For whatever reason, even though I lost weight, I lost it in different places from where it had been originally and I didn't lose back to the same shape.