Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Projection

Quinn needs to die. Almost killing that kid was the last straw for me. Too bad she’s not going anywhere.

I would have liked it better if Serena still cut the fireman dude. Instead she’s easily manipulated. 

I had no idea Zach (I had to look his name up) could talk? What was the point of having him on the show. He was just another prop that was waisted and went nowhere.

Last week Quinn and Chet were working together and now their back to hating each other. 

Basically Rachel is all alone and going to spiral out of control. Oh joy. Why can’t we just end the rape/family drama.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 3

Quinn needs to stop patting herself on the back. Nothing she "produced" was good TV. At no point did she anticipate that the little girl would run into the street. The little girl peeing herself and Serena consoling the little girl was all that Quinn could reasonably anticipate from her actions. Serena saving the little girl isn't something that Quinn can lay claim to. Serena freaking out when the little girl ran up to her and exclaimed that Serena was her new mom wasn't good TV. It was great TV. Welcome to some shit that would be gif-ed to high heaven. Serena's look of revulsion was meme worthy. That was actual good TV.

One of the biggest problems with this show in seasons 2 and 3 is that it thinks that good reality tv moments are the same things as good scripted tv moments. They are not. They are "Is this is chicken or fish?" "I was rooting for you; we were all rooting for you!" "Prostitution whore!" "How's grandma?" and "Close your legs to married men you lowdown monkey in a wig." Reality TV moments don't have to keep pace with Breaking Bad or the Walking Dead. Reality TV moments largely stand out due to their inanity and banality. One of my favorites was on ANTM where they had a night time photoshoot and only yelled instructions to the models including Niall who is deaf.

It is shocking that Zach the social media guy managed to get this far without saying anything.

I have no idea where this Jay and Alexei thing is going. Jay seems to be over the drugs and his very quick downward spiral. However, we haven't been given nearly enough of the two of them to know how Alexei might react when Jay breaks it off even if Jay still keeps giving Alexei drugs.

Ugh, Jeremy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Has Quinn’s friend (never thought I would type that!) been on their before?

I just knew Rachel’s dad was going to check himself out. Can she get any of her money back?

Her friend was on like two episodes ago.

9 hours ago, earlbny said:

I am so over everyone. 

Seconded.  I don't find any of the primary, secondary or tertiary characters remotely interesting anymore.  I can't even muster enough ennui to "hate-watch" any of these people.  I am hoping for a grand finale of all of these loathsome fools trapped in the mansion as it burns to the ground...then a powerful rainstorm comes through to dowse the flames and wash their ashes away.  And "NO thank you" to any resurrection or "Phoenix Rising" twist.

• Love 9

Again, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Rachel can't stand up for herself and walk away from the show, Quinn does something shocking and is unapologetic, Chet shoots himself in the foot and falls apart, etc.

I'M SO BORED.

• Love 7

Quinn is incorrigible. "Producing" Riley like that was pure evil.

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Quinn needs to stop patting herself on the back. Nothing she "produced" was good TV. At no point did she anticipate that the little girl would run into the street. The little girl peeing herself and Serena consoling the little girl was all that Quinn could reasonably anticipate from her actions. Serena saving the little girl isn't something that Quinn can lay claim too. Serena freaking out when the little ran up to her and exclaimed that Serena was her new mom wasn't good TV. It was great TV. Welcome to some shit that would be gif-ed to high heaven. Serena's look of revulsion was meme worthy. That was actual good TV.

I don't watch the Bachelor or any of its inane spinoffs, but if I saw a promo as horrific as the actual contents of this episode as a viewer I might actively tune out. No one wants to see an innocent child be frightened to the point of incontinence and put directly in harm's way. That is most certainly not good television. Besides, I thought Everlasting was selling romance and fairy tales--not reality horror.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Rahul said:

Quinn is incorrigible. "Producing" Riley like that was pure evil.

I don't watch the Bachelor or any of its inane spinoffs, but if I saw a promo as horrific as the actual contents of this episode as a viewer I might actively tune out. No one wants to see an innocent child be frightened to the point of incontinence and put directly in harm's way. That is most certainly not good television. Besides, I thought Everlasting was selling romance and fairy tales--not reality horror.

I agree.  I also don't watch any of those shows.  This show always confused me, anyway.  I thought (again, don't watch so I could totally be wrong) that they filmed at least the majority of the season if not the whole season before airing.  That way they can edit it to fit whatever story they want.  Not in this episode, but in previous ones they basically made it seem like they shoot, edit and air the show within a couple of days.  There is nothing on this show that would ever appeal to me to watch.  I get that what we're seeing is essentially raw footage, but it's as boring as hell!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I agree.  I also don't watch any of those shows.  This show always confused me, anyway.  I thought (again, don't watch so I could totally be wrong) that they filmed at least the majority of the season if not the whole season before airing.  That way they can edit it to fit whatever story they want.  Not in this episode, but in previous ones they basically made it seem like they shoot, edit and air the show within a couple of days.  There is nothing on this show that would ever appeal to me to watch.  I get that what we're seeing is essentially raw footage, but it's as boring as hell!

Unfortunately, Everlasting is the Bachelor, but filmed like Big Brother so that production is at best a week ahead of the audience.

The Bachelor and most reality shows film the bulk of the season way before they make it to air. Daniel J. Blau who used to recap America's Next Top Model for TWoP was also a writer and story editor for ANTM. On a typical reality show, you have editors who craft a through-line and narrative for the season after everything is said and done. That's not to say that the participants aren't "produced" during filming. On something like the Real Housewives, the wife and her producer will sit down and talk through what she wants to show and depict for the season. The producer helps keep her on message, but that doesn't mean that the producer is above fucking with her to make good TV. On something like the Bachelor, they've already cast the women to fit into certain roles "slut", "prude", "wild child", "crazy", "fame whore", and "wifey." The producer's job is to get the slut to be slutty on tv, to get the crazy one to be crazy on camera, and to make sure the wifey cones across like a wife.

I'm not a huge fan of reality tv, but I do watch it and am conversant in it. The best ones have the least amount of producing. Like last night on Vanderpump Rules a cast member had no idea who Nelson Mandela was other than "being in Oprah's book club." We only know this because a producer asked him why Nelson Mandela was famous and what country he was from. The answer to the latter question was A...a...a...africa?????

• Love 6

OK, right now, the only reason I am riding this one out is because of Constance Zimmer's performance. . . and Graham.

Everything else is a mess. But the thing that annoys me the most is Jeremy. His continued presence is an insult to the viewers' intelligence. He's a cold blooded killer who has no remorse. And now he's back to season one Jeremy? That might work on a telenovela, but not here.

The tech in me laughed when I saw Chet has a Windows phone. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

United Nations of Douchedom

I'm retroactively pissed at Zach because this is what he's been keeping from the audience. We've been suffering through manbuns, Alexi's coke eyes, cowboy hats, and Zach's emoji gear when he could have been correctly calling out the United Nations of Douchedom. Fuq this show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The Aussie guy's body is ridiculous. And I don't mean that in a sarcastically good way.

I was thinking the same thing. That man does not look like a healthy weight for his height. In profile you can see just how unnaturally lean August is.

• Love 2

Not even a mention of Fiona in past seasons.

The last straw for Rachel should have been when Quinn got in the car with Fiona leaving her all alone. I would have quit on the spot and left this toxic environment in the dust. If Rachel is really good at what she does then she could easily find another job.

Edited by earlbny
  • Love 2

Finally watched this mess...

Can we all just admit Passport to Dance sounds like the worst show ever invented?

I love how this show's version of feminism is we should advocate for Quinn despite her being totally awful

Owen...who once stated that due to his wife leaving him, he hates feminism is judging Serena for what giving Jasper another chance- Owen sucks too

I love how both Gary and Quinn are baiting Chet with promises of an Emmy and Chet is too dumb to know better.

This show is a FAIL.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Rahul said:

I was thinking the same thing. That man does not look like a healthy weight for his height. In profile you can see just how unnaturally lean August is.

I respectfully disagree. He is definitely a healthy weight for his height. Lean and muscular. It's not like he's manorexic or something.

This show just seems so far removed from anything that could really happen. It is just so nasty and depressing on top of it-I just don't know if I want to continue watching. As others have mentioned, they film the entire season on shows like the Bachelor and then work the editing into the story. Here it seems like five different people film random things and they just somehow show it the next day-no show could work like that. Quinn is just so awful that I am over her and Rachel as well. I also think that someone as smart as Quinn would look for some other opportunities than be involved in something where every other week someone else in charge.

In the part where the little girl ran up and said "Your my new mommy" someone would have had to tell her to say that. No little girl would just say that upon meeting som random woman she knows nothing about. Also, my final nitpick: Why do Rachel and Madison wear winter parkas all the time while other people are coatless or shirtless? I realize it gets chilly at night in LA, but it is not below zero weather. This show is just a mess all around. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, earlbny said:

Not even a mention of Fiona in past seasons.

The last straw for Rachel should have been when Quinn got in the car with Fiona leaving her all alone. I would have quit on the spot and left this toxic environment in the dust. If Rachel is really good at what she does then she could easily find another job.

This is what I've never understood about the show.  Rachel is really good and could likely easily work somewhere else.  Why stay and get abused?  I don't know what she gets out of it.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Token said:

This is what I've never understood about the show.  Rachel is really good and could likely easily work somewhere else.  Why stay and get abused?  I don't know what she gets out of it.

Rachel staying makes sense because prior to season 1, she flipped out and stole/maybe totaled the finale convertible. She's actually on probation and was explicitly supposed to be doing her community service in the area. She might not be free to move depending on the disposition of her legal case. Why Quinn continues to stay is the real mystery. People poach producers all of the time, especially an underappreciated executive producer like Quinn. The real problem Quinn has is that all of her work is in reality and she has precious little experience with her own shows. Passport to Dance should be the 8th show she's pitching to the network and it should have been given an automatic order to series.

For example Mark Cronin created the Surreal Life, Flavor of Love, and Rock of Love. Around the time he created Rock of Love, Endemol acquired a controlling interest in his production company for $200 million and none of his shows were the hits that Everlasting is supposed to be. His business partner went on to work with Bunim/Murray. Quinn should be highly in demand. It's ridiculous that UnREAL tries to pretend that she wouldn't be. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Rachel staying makes sense because prior to season 1, she flipped out and stole/maybe totaled the finale convertible. She's actually on probation and was explicitly supposed to be doing her community service in the area. She might not be free to move depending on the disposition of her legal case. Why Quinn continues to stay is the real mystery. People poach producers all of the time, especially an underappreciated executive producer like Quinn. The real problem Quinn has is that all of her work is in reality and she has precious little experience with her own shows. Passport to Dance should be the 8th show she's pitching to the network and it should have been given an automatic order to series.

For example Mark Cronin created the Surreal Life, Flavor of Love, and Rock of Love. Around the time he created Rock of Love, Endemol acquired a controlling interest in his production company for $200 million and none of his shows were the hits that Everlasting is supposed to be. His business partner went on to work with Bunim/Murray. Quinn should be highly in demand. It's ridiculous that UnREAL tries to pretend that she wouldn't be. 

I totally forgot about the stuff Rachel did pre season 1. So that makes sense why she would stay. However they always try to make her question her job. I don’t understand Quinn either. This show always talks about girl power yet they won’t let Quinn grow her empire. If Everlasting is the top show on the air and Quinn is at the top of her game you would think she would have a big empire. People would be throwing top $ at her to create shows and grow her empire. Are the writers scared?  This is one of the rare shows where they can change it up every season. Yet it’s pretty much the same every season and winds up going in circles.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, HunterHunted said:

One of the biggest problems with this show in seasons 2 and 3 is that it thinks that good reality tv moments are the same things as good scripted tv moments. They are not. They are "Is this is chicken or fish?" "I was rooting for you; we were all rooting for you!" "Prostitution whore!" "How's grandma?" and "Close your legs to married men you lowdown monkey in a wig."

"My ox is broken!  This is bullshit!"

• Love 5
On 4/11/2018 at 2:49 PM, Madding crowd said:

Also, my final nitpick: Why do Rachel and Madison wear winter parkas all the time while other people are coatless or shirtless? I realize it gets chilly at night in LA, but it is not below zero weather.

I think the Everlasting mansion is supposed to be somewhere up in Napa. Right now in mid-April, the high temperature in Napa is mid 50s. It's also possible that it's supposed to be set a little further out in the greater LA metro region, like the Bachelor. It films in Agora Hills. It's probably a little chillier as you get away from the city.

Edited by HunterHunted

I get that but the Bachelor's were walking around shirtless and Quinn was walking around in a short sleeved dress. There have also been scenes in the pool or lounging around in swim wear-still not buying the winter parkas. 

4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I get that but the Bachelor's were walking around shirtless and Quinn was walking around in a short sleeved dress. There have also been scenes in the pool or lounging around in swim wear-still not buying the winter parkas. 

Some people just have different tolerance for temperature. Plus I think some people from southern California may be wimps about temperature (no offense if you are from there).  When I visited there it was 70 degrees and I saw people wearing knit hats because apparently that's cold there. Being from the northeast, I thought that was hot. The contestants might be from different places?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2

I think this show is great and ridiculous and I don't take it seriously at all.  

I actually kind of like this show, I guess because I don't take it seriously; I almost see it as a parody, like so melodramatic and over the top, it's so UnREAL.

I didn't take what Quinn did to the little girl seriously because it was so silly and over the top.

And Rachel needs to stop thinking that everybody is HER family.  Sometimes I want to tell her to STFU.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The men are trying to get airtime and show off for Serena, and Quinn is constantly drinking. 

As for Quinn's career, my impression is that she kind of let Chet take most of the credit for Everlasting's success while they were together, or at least she didn't fight as hard for her due as she has since they broke up. 

• Love 2

I don't think Chet will turn on Quinn in the end, because I think the show is edging towards them getting back together eventually, but Jeremy is a different story.

How the hell are they still trying to redeem his character after having him hit Rachel and then murder two people? Seriously? I remember reading that there was a contract thing with the actor last season and they're obligated to keep him on the show, but they can't seriously be trying rehabilitate him to the point that he and Rachel actually get back together in the end. Can they?

I feel like that's what I'm seeing in that storyline and I can't believe it. I hope he does something horrible again just to show that he's even worse than everyone thought.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think the Everlasting mansion is supposed to be somewhere up in Napa.

It is. Madison and the network guy had a reservation at The French Laundry. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I don't think Chet will turn on Quinn in the end, because I think the show is edging towards them getting back together eventually, but Jeremy is a different story.

How the hell are they still trying to redeem his character after having him hit Rachel and then murder two people? Seriously? I remember reading that there was a contract thing with the actor last season and they're obligated to keep him on the show, but they can't seriously be trying rehabilitate him to the point that he and Rachel actually get back together in the end. Can they?

I feel like that's what I'm seeing in that storyline and I can't believe it. I hope he does something horrible again just to show that he's even worse than everyone thought.

I absolutely recall reading an interview where Shapiro wanted to drop Jeremy as a character, but Lifetime wouldn't let her.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/06/20/sarah-gertrude-shapiro-the-savagely-clever-feminist-behind-unreal?irgwc=1&source=affiliate_impactpmx_12f6tote_desktop_Skimbit Ltd.&mbid=affiliate_impactpmx_12f6tote_desktop_Skimbit Ltd.

32 minutes ago, xaxat said:

It is. Madison and the network guy had a reservation at The French Laundry. 

Thanks. I remember thinking that Yountville was a bit of a schlep from L.A., but then I remembered the mansion is in Napa. 

On 4/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The Aussie guy's body is ridiculous. And I don't mean that in a sarcastically good way.

it almost looked like he had scarring from muscle implants or something ... I kept pausing and trying to make Mr. Mercolleen look, but he refused.

Edited by Mercolleen

What was the beginning of the episode? Was Alexi jerking off or was Jay in bed with him? I thought that was going to be some kind of reveal. It seemed pointless. Also, if he hasn't covered the camera in his room, shouldn't the control room know all about his drug use?

Lol. OK. I mean, it's not quite the shenanigans that everyone else pulls but it makes sense for Owen to be protective of his daughter. Though it's crazy to me that there's only one hometown. I get it for UnREAL but not for Everlasting. So they'd book completely different flights, accommodations, etc. for everyone at a moment's notice once the person picks who they want to go on a hometown with? 

Jeremy, don't fuck this up.

Quinn is delusional about Everlasting's cultural impact. The same way the creators of UnREAL are.

I mean, that was awkward for everyone. I don't blame Serena for being weirded out at suddenly being called someone's new mommy. Too much too fast.

Wait, that's it? August came on the show "to tell the world the environment needs saving"? This is worse than Ruby.

Go, Charlie. At least someone on the crew notices something happening and wants to film it. Christ. 

Jesus Christ, another almost death? This fucking show... XD

Rachel is being ridiculous about Riley. Obviously way too close to the situation.

If any of that footage was usable given how much they mentioned production, I doubt any of the viewers would have gained knowledge about infiltration pits. 

Good job, Owen. Every family isn't your family, Rachel.

Aw, I'm glad they gave Zach a moment. But ultimately he was like all the other guys they dropped. I don't think they've spent any meaningful time on anyone outside these 4 guys. I don't count Guy and Warren or the racecar driver or the jockey in that. 

I didn't see that coming. I thought Olive would get Asa back but she'd fight for it or use her connections or professional cred. I didn't think he'd call her. Also that's $50,000 down the drain because you know she's going to get him on medication again.

Aw, Chet's dog. 

I'm so meh about Gary trying to dethrone Quinn.