Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Sarah's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, e.gregious said:

I wonder how it is that her weight is all in her front and her shoulders.

When she walked out of the clinic, she looked completely flat from her waist down.

That flat back is ridiculous 

• Love 4

You didn't "just lose control." You thought about it the whole time you were cooking that toxic sludge. You could have stopped cooking at any point, you could have stopped eating at any point, but you didn't. You were in control the entire time. You ate it because you wanted it. Just admit you ate it because you could!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, MelissaMinion said:

Daaaaammmnnnn. I will NEVER eat Tater Tots again, casserolled or not. 

I never did particularly like tater tots; that scene didn't help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LordOfLotion said:

You didn't "just lose control." You thought about it the whole time you were cooking that toxic sludge. You could have stopped cooking at any point, you could have stopped eating at any point, but you didn't. You were in control the entire time. You ate it because you wanted it. Just admit you ate it because you could!

It started even before that...she had to buy the ingredients.  This was no split second decision.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Tater tot casserole?  Is she is a Duggar fan?

I hate to admit this to you all, but I absolutely love tater tot casserole. But what she was making was completely not tater tot casserole!!  What the hell was that shit ? Cream of chicken soup mixed with cheese poured on top of tater tot’s that were already in the oven.

AND —-  how big was that container? That could feed a family of 12!!!

• Love 5

And who bought the ingredients for this? Why is it even in the house? And seriously just telling people to go onto a 1200 calorie a diet that have these issues, deep seated issues with food, and they are just supposed to stop like that. 

• Love 7
Just now, ams1001 said:

I never did particularly like tater tots; that scene didn't help.

Me either.

I wonder if Dr. Now ever prescribes antidepressants.  Most of these folks seem to be depressed on top of everything else.

I'd love to have a trainer.  Can't afford one.  I always am amazed when these folks get one.

• Love 6

I have to admit, she dresses pretty well and seems to care about her appearance.  She's reasonably well-spoken, too, except for her voice being kind of dull/droning.  

• Love 8

I'm doing 1200-1400 calories a day.  Sarah's doing 1200 and eating carrot sticks.  As I mentioned earlier, I had a big mess o'zucchini zoodles with peppers & sauce. I had a big salad for lunch and eggs & veg sausage for breakfast. Not a carrot in sight, nor do I feel deprived. None of these people learn about low calorie, nutrient dense, volumetric food. They complain about suffering because they are suffering. Who wants to, or feels they can, eat like that the rest of their lives?  As I get older, I know I don't need a ton of calories, but that doesn't mean I can't have interesting, tasty, filling food.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Kvv9862 said:

This is why I like the complete train wreck episodes the most. Far and away the most entertaining 

I think that because some episodes are so jaw-dropping (maggots, Aw Ma Lag, everything Assanti), the somewhat normal ones are more boring. I like to see them succeed but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like the train wrecks .

• Love 5
1 minute ago, emma1420 said:

Her comment about not being able to eat like a normal person made me sad.  She still doesnf understand that she is eating like a normal person.  She wasn’t before.

This ^^^^^^

She doesn't seem to get that this is going to need to become a whole new way of thinking how to eat.  I lost 100 lbs. in my 30's (thank you Weight Watchers) and the way I eat now is so different than I once did.  It has to be a whole reprogramming of your way of thinking/approaching food choices.  

• Love 4

Hey y’all! I’m so late this week (stupid work) but I can see this episode is a real doozy.

14 pound weight gain in a few days...girlfriend ate about 20 of those party sized tater slop, er, uh, tater tot casseroles. But at least she was honest? I dunno...I’m not feeling Dr. Now’s kudos for her backsliding.

• Love 8
Just now, aliya said:

I'm doing 1200-1400 calories a day.  Sarah's doing 1200 and eating carrot sticks.  As I mentioned earlier, I had a big mess o'zucchini zoodles with peppers & sauce. I had a big salad for lunch and eggs & veg sausage for breakfast. Not a carrot in sight, nor do I feel deprived. None of these people learn about low calorie, nutrient dense, volumetric food. They complain about suffering because they are suffering. Who wants to, or feels they can, eat like that the rest of their lives?  As I get older, I know I don't need a ton of calories, but that doesn't mean I can't have interesting, tasty, filling food.

To be fair to them, it’s not just low calorie it’s also a low carb diet.  If you are a carb lover, then I can imagine it’s difficult.  And if you are used to consuming 10,000 calories a 90% reduction of calories even with volume rich dishes is probably a tough transition.  

• Love 5