Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

Roger Howarth has a horrible character. He would be better on Days or Y&R, but I enjoy his chemistry with MSt. They should either DeFranco him or let him go.

I'm sorry, but when I see the phrase "DeFranco him", all I can think of is RoHo at the Nurse's Ball singing, "Heartbeat, It's a Lovebeat".  ;)

But I agree with you overall.  I have said this before, but really, it would be an easy matter to make "Franco" Scott and Heather's son <SomeOtherGuy>.  I'd like to see a semi-retcon where it turns out that <SomeOtherGuy> was a policeman who was on the verge of capturing Franco when he was shot in the head, and, when he woke up, thought that he was Franco.  Upon realizing who he really is, he then joins the PCPD and those badly decimated ranks get some beefing up.

So I picked up a copy of the latest SOAPS IN DEPTH today.  The big spoiler they have in there is this:

"The last person anyone expected walks into the courtroom and shifts things dramatically.  And what Sonny does next could actually accomplish what Michael wanted all along by sending him back to the slammer!"

So maybe Ava does out herself as being alive, just in time to thwart any chance Sonny has of getting sole custody?

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

But I agree with you overall.  I have said this before, but really, it would be an easy matter to make "Franco" Scott and Heather's son <SomeOtherGuy>.  I'd like to see a semi-retcn where it turns out that <SomeOtherGuy> was a policeman who was on the verge of capturing Franco when he was shot in the head, and, when he woke up, thought that he was Franco.  Upon realizing who he really is, he then joins the PCPD and those badly decimated ranks get some beefing up.

The last thing the PCPD needs is a RoHo character wacky-ing up the proceedings.

• Love 4

"The last person anyone expected walks into the courtroom and shifts things dramatically.  And what Sonny does next could actually accomplish all along by sending him back to the slammer!"

So maybe Ava does out herself as being alive, just in time to thwart any chance Sonny has of getting sole custody?

Unless it's Silass.

The last thing the PCPD needs is a RoHo character wacky-ing up the proceedings.

Roger Howarth wasn't always wacky. This is the only wacky character he's played. He was confused about the character (info I remember reading on twop from a poster) and asked Frank privately what direction was he supposed to take with the character. This was apparently what he must have been told. Imo that seems to be professional, as we live in a world where actors, writers, etc are constantly going off on fans and each other while employed about their bosses. I strongly believe in freedom of speech, but I do recall that story because I wondered how it leaked as RoHo is very private and it made me respect him more. I think once an actor leaves a job answering questions respectfully as SK did, which was honest and to the point, but not insulting, isn't bad. However, I've seen interviews that are whoa. Anyway, my thing is that as an actor in his career RoHo has done other roles that are not wacky. I respect- all the RoHo fans here respect the difference in opinion, but dude. He's done other roles. He isn't always wacky. Franco is the only wacky role.

• Love 2

His version of Todd on GH was wacky as well. He can play non-wacky - I saw him on OLTL, the online version - I've also seen him on Dawson's Creek and Californication and the Flash, and imo while he is a good actor his range doesn't extend far from "sarcastic guy with heart of gold".

But yeah, anyway. Ron and Frank obviously just value the wacky side, and that is pretty much all we will get with him, imo, as long as he's on GH (with ron and Frank).

• Love 7

I think Silas is the problem, not ME. ME clicked really well as McBain,

You're just messing with me now.

I'm sorry, but when I see the phrase "DeFranco him", all I can think of is RoHo at the Nurse's Ball singing, "Heartbeat, It's a Lovebeat".  ;)

But I agree with you overall.  I have said this before, but really, it would be an easy matter to make "Franco" Scott and Heather's son <SomeOtherGuy>.  I'd like to see a semi-retcn where it turns out that <SomeOtherGuy> was a policeman who was on the verge of capturing Franco when he was shot in the head, and, when he woke up, thought that he was Franco.  Upon realizing who he really is, he then joins the PCPD and those badly decimated ranks get some beefing up.

So I picked up a copy of the latest SOAPS IN DEPTH today.  The big spoiler they have in there is this:

"The last person anyone expected walks into the courtroom and shifts things dramatically.  And what Sonny does next could actually accomplish all along by sending him back to the slammer!"

Or Delia?

(edited)

I dont care too much about Michael/Sabrina (he had more chemistry with Rosalie) but I do hope they get together, if only because I would like Carlos freed.

I'm all for freeing Carlos but I'd rather stick Nate with Sabrina because I don't care about either of them. I'm actually enjoying Michael and I'd rather see him with Rosalie with whom he has actual chemistry and unfortunate, ridiculous conflict - WHY is she working for Helena?

Edited by Oracle42

Regarding the Ava recording...what if now that she's declared dead and the case against her is closed, the evidence (tape) will be destroyed. And if Sonny were to toss his copy....well...Ava could go free.

Yes? No?

(edited)

Roger Howarth wasn't always wacky. This is the only wacky character he's played. 

Roger was plenty wacky on and off over the years as Todd, on OLTL as well as, at times, on GH. He responds to the writing, and either checks out on it if it's bad or plays up comedy if they give it to him, or both. After over two decades, he is ultimately only as good as his material. He has been a debacle since Day 1 as Franco because they had no idea what they were doing with him and never have, beyond "Todd with a new name," so he's just been fucking around, and they keep serving him up what they think is "classic Roger" to try and win the audience over, both with the woobie shit and the comedy follies. And it's not cute. It wasn't cute when he was cutting up at OLTL before he split for CBS 12 years ago and it's even less cute when he's eating a show he no longer has any business being on. I agree with ulkis that he also has a very particular character type and that's pretty much all I've ever seen him play, even when it worked.

I loved him as Todd Manning but Todd Manning is gone and I'm not going to defend his work or his presence here, especially not when he's playing Franco. He can be very good when the writing is there and he cares, but neither is immediately evident to me at this point on GH and he should've been gone well over a year ago. That's a conservative timetable. And a third character for either of these dudes from OLTL, just to keep pushing it all down our throats - look, I loved my soap to death but it's got to stop. Cut them the fuck loose. There is no point to be made or prove. I like the actor but I can also want him gone forever.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

I don't see posters being insulted. If I'm wrong, by all means, point me to the post in question, as it's not called for, and I can nip it in the bud. What I do see is the character Roger Howarth is playing being insulted and, well, the character is a psycho would-be rapist murderer (as he has the real Franco's baggage being a recast). And RoHo is not the first, nor will he be the last, actor snarked about on here.

I will say his OLTL past has no bearing at this stage. Nor should it, and that goes for ATWT. (That was the other soap he was on, right?) He's been on this show long enough to have his work critiqued based on what he is currently doing and how he is doing it. But then, as I said, that goes for every actor on this God-forsaken mess of a soap. Everyone has harsh critics. The nature of the soap boards. We hate, therefore we are. Or something.

• Love 11

My apologies. I was eating and didn't finish my post before sending. I meant to say others' opinions. However, the typed word can often come off not as one intends. My sincere apologies. That's what I get for posting while hungry and not finishing my damned food. I need to be more cautious.

• Love 1

Unless it's Silass.

I have a feeling that Silas might claim to be the father. He knows the DNA test was done against Carly, so it would still fit. I would say it won't happen since we already have a false paternity claim, but this is ReRon we are talking about. Silas needs a story, and this would give him one.

Just pure speculation.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Ava didn't claim Silas was the father from the beginning. Silas is a sucker so I absolutely believe he would have gone along with it and destroyed his relationship with Sam in the process. Or if she didn't want to do that she could have claimed some random dude was the father and Silas would have changed the paternity test results for her, because again, he's a sucker. 

• Love 2

She kinda had to claim the baby was a Corinthos or Sonny would have killed her. It being anyone else's baby would not have stopped him, even Morgan's. It was the chance that  the baby was his own that kept Ava alive. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Ugh, that Spixie/Naxie crap is every bit as bad as the custody battle, Fluke, and Liz' never-ending quest for true love.

Dick Quest: The Elizabeth Webber Story, starring Kellie Martin, only on Lifetime Movie Network

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
(edited)

Dick Quest: The Elizabeth Webber Story, starring Kellie Martin, only on Lifetime Movie Network

I hate that I laughed. But I did.

But I will say this. I'm so tired of seeing Liz be this rag doll for the writers in the love dept. while Jason and Sam and, oh, yeah, everyone else, come out smelling like roses with whatever they do or screw. Even Sonny gets the benefit of the doubt, damn. Lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

But I will say this. I'm so tired of seeing Liz be this rag doll for the writers in the love dept. while Jason and Sam and, oh, yeah, everyone else, come out smelling like roses with whatever they do or screw. Even Sonny gets the benefit of the doubt, damn. Lol.

Yes, I agree.  It would be nice for Liz to be written as having some sense regarding men, as the writers just keep having her change her mind depending on what man she's talking to at the moment. 

Many fans now do not like Liz and any scene where she is expressing feelings towards a man have some calling her "desperate", "stalker", and the like.  A good example of this is the scene where she tried to protect Jason from Sloane, which was perfectly legit since as a nurse and as his friend she would not want his health to take a nosedive by being hauled back to prison.  And Jason didn't seem to have a problem with it.  Yet some fans' reactions were that she was acting like a cloying, interfering female - I blame the writers for this, as they keep writing Liz as a fickle idiot so that when the character actually does do something that's reasonable, people don't see it that way.

What a shame.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it's awful the way they treat her, and I think it makes her character look terrible. Year after year there are at least one or two men, and the pairings never mean anything, they're just there to prolong the "tension" (or lack thereof) between her and Nikolas long enough until someday, maybe, they can finally get Jonathan Jackson to appear as Lucky and do the "hot triangle" Ron has been dying to revisit for years, even though it sucks. Until then she just keeps flitting around a dozen men, while Nikolas glowers. Liz clearly means nothing to RC. She is a plot object.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

But to me, Liz is not the only one guilty of that. Sonny is in love with a new person every few months. Same with Carly, Nik, Patrick, Sam, Maxie, I could go on. Liz is the only one who gets killed for it.

• Love 5

Liz clearly means nothing to RC. She is a plot object.

Which is a shame since she is the clearest legacy character left: The Granddaughter of Steve Hardy....You remember Steve right Ron the man on whom this show was built. A doctor with character and morals, played by a man who had the same fiber....You remember Ron, Steve Hardy the man you shit on every single day that DrO sits in his seat. yeah Liz is His Grand daughter. 

Sorry Dr O in Steve's chair just makes this old time fan sick

• Love 5

Two things:

Micheal offers Sabrina a job, which I guess upsets The Keeks. Why? Girl, please. All you majored in was Morgan banging. Sabrina has a degree. And Micheal Quartermaine. So ha! Shut your pie hole, Kiki. Because it can't be said enough. Ugh. And this Kiki is a crier. At least KA Kiki was a tough one. This Kiki will actually look like the weak one to Sabrina. So of course, I'm going to chill many bottles of wine for the upcoming weeks.

March 16th- Sonny meets Jake. Anti nausea meds for all. Excuse me, while I try not to laugh, vomit, and throw things.

Let us all hold hands and if we all believe then Jakeson will hate Sonny and choke him out like Patrick.

• Love 1

Julian wonders if he can use Avery to leverage Sonny.

This proves what ever his motives, Michael is right. Something should happen to Avery just for Michael to say I told you so.

• Love 6

The worst part? Spinelli is probably gonna get naked again this year.

I would rather see Spinelli naked than watch Ron continue to make the Nurse's Ball about Sabrina. He couldn't be more disrespectful to Robin if he TRIED.

• Love 4
(edited)

Since Sabrina already has a job at the AJ Clinic, I have a feeling this new job offer is to become a Mrs. Michael Alan Quartermaine & Avery's mother.

And for the record, I'd rather see Nina sing that awful Titanic song while prancing around in a Disney Princess dress than I would Spinbitch naked.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7
(edited)

I would rather see Spinelli naked than watch Ron continue to make the Nurse's Ball about Sabrina. He couldn't be more disrespectful to Robin if he TRIED.

How do you go for Lucy and Sabrina discussing the Nurses' Ball to it being all about Sabrina. She wasn't even at the Nurses' Ball last year. And how is it disrespectful to Robin? Sabrina's not with Patrick anymore. She's got nothing to do with Robin.

Since Sabrina already has a job at the AJ Clinic, I have a feeling this new job offer is to become a Mrs. Michael Alan Quartermaine & Avery's mother.

But why? I like the potential of Sabrina/Michael but why would he need to marry Sabrina when he already won custody?

Spinelli is probably gonna get naked again this year.

Cool! I hope so!

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 2

How do you go for Lucy and Sabrina discussing the Nurses' Ball to it being all about Sabrina. She wasn't even at the Nurses' Ball last year. And how is it disrespectful to Robin? Sabrina's not with Patrick anymore. She's got nothing to do with Robin.

What does Patrick have to do with anything? I'm not a fan of Sabrina herself. But the rest of my thoughts are probs off-topic to this thread and I don't really care that much to go into it. Lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
Spinelli is probably gonna get naked again this year.

Cool! I hope so!

I'll give him this, he's a very good dancer. :) 

How do you go for Lucy and Sabrina discussing the Nurses' Ball to it being all about Sabrina. She wasn't even at the Nurses' Ball last year.

No, but the focus of the episodes definitely ended with her, what with the montage at the end and everyone gathering around the baby.

That said, that spoiler doesn't annoy me for my own part. But then I dislike Lucy more than I dislike Sabrina (who I am more indifferent to.)

Edited by ulkis

Noooo, but the focus of the episodes definitely ended with her, what with the montage at the end and everyone gathering around the baby.

Yeah, exactly.

And I guess I'd just like someone from Robin's family or friends to be involved with planning it.

• Love 1

What does Patrick have to do with anything? I'm not a fan of Sabrina herself. But the rest of my thoughts are probs off-topic to this thread and I don't really care that much to go into it. Lol.

I brought up Patrick because that's where most of the hatred for Sabrina stemmed from. How supposedly Robin was getting the shaft to prop up Sabrina (though Robin is still supposedly getting the shaft and Sabrina's nowhere near her storyline anymore, so I don't know who the latest scapegoat is) because she was in a relationship with Patrick. Otherwise, I don't get what's so disrespectful to Robin about Lucy discussing it with Sabrina.

No, but the focus of the episodes definitely ended with her, what with the montage at the end and everyone gathering around the baby.

It didn't end with her. If it's supposed to mean that the episode ended up focused on her because of the baby, then i guess you could say the focus was equally on Patrick because it was his baby, too. And It wasn't everyone who showed up at the hospital, only a few people who were close to Patrick and Sabrina. And most of them barely looked at Sabrina, except for Felix, and I think maybe Epiphany. They were mostly comforting Patrick.

• Love 2

"Lucy and Sabrina discuss the Nurse's Ball"

Are you fucking KIDDING me? I can't. I can't with Ron making the Nurse's Ball about Sabrina. It's so insulting.

Why shouldn't he? It's what he did the last two years.

(edited)

Why shouldn't he? It's what he did the last two years.

Well, yeah. That's why I'm over it.

I brought up Patrick because that's where most of the hatred for Sabrina stemmed from. How supposedly Robin was getting the shaft to prop up Sabrina (though Robin is still supposedly getting the shaft and Sabrina's nowhere near her storyline anymore, so I don't know who the latest scapegoat is) because she was in a relationship with Patrick. Otherwise, I don't get what's so disrespectful to Robin about Lucy discussing it with Sabrina.

No, that's not why I don't like Sabrina, although Patrina were a bore for me. Like I said above, it's more that I think Robin's friends and family should be involved with planning of the event.

Edited by HeatLifer
(edited)

I can't help it, I grinned like an idiot with the Sam and Spinelli are reunited spoiler.  I have always loved their friendship.  I hope Jackal and McCall reopens for business. 

Meanwhile, Carly has a suggestion for Jake and later he asks Sam for a favor.

Methinks Jake asks Sam for a job with her dad...That will not end well.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 4

I wondered what favor Jake would ask of Sam, that sounds plausible. I hope she asks why he'd want to work for the mob just after both brain surgery and getting out under the thumb of Helena.

It didn't end with her. If it's supposed to mean that the episode ended up focused on her because of the baby, then i guess you could say the focus was equally on Patrick because it was his baby, too. 

I suppose. It felt more focused on Sabrina though from what I can recall.

Either way, focused on Patrick or Sabrina, I thought the thing was extremely hokey. I was not a fan. But I'm not a huge fan of the Nurses Ball in general.

• Love 1