Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I've been seeing these rumors today too, and I was ready to write them off as being false, because I honestly didn't believe TPTB could be that stupid. Now, I'm starting to worry. Why? What possible reason could they have for doing it? It would make absolutely ZERO sense. And infuriate pretty much all of us.

I pray to the soap gods they're false.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Wait, they're killing off Lucas? Out of all the characters, this is who they choose? Y'all. Pls. I'm done. 

Supposedly, these are the cable guide spoilers for the last week of May. But someone only posted them once people started speculating if they kill Lucas off, so.

5/31/2016
Tuesday
Bobbie and Carly comfort each other. Lucy enlists some help. Tracy gets a surprising phone call. 

6/1/2016
Wednesday
Morgan grapples with what he saw. Julian is destroyed to learn what is actions have led to. General Hospital staff reels from the events of the Nurse's Ball. 

6/2/2016
Thursday
Lucy's guests arrive. Bobbie makes a heartbreaking decision. Dillon asks Kiki out on a date.

I don't know, for some reason I don't buy it, but everyone's worry is making me feel like I have to worry, otherwise I'll jinx it lol. I don't know. If they do, it's a stupid move for many reasons. People like Lucas; just no one's clamoring for more of them because we know we're not gonna get it. At least, that's why I don't. Not that I'm super passionate about him or anything but I'd certainly rather see him them a bunch of other people.

And does anyone want to see Jackie Zeman cry (again, for many reasons)? Or watch Julian put on his turtleneck of mourning?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why would you kill Lucas when you can kill Brad.

This sentence works for a lot of characters.   Why would you kill Lucas when you can kill Franco?   Why would you kill Lucas when you could kill Sabrina?  Why would you kill Lucas when you could kill Nina?  Why kill a legacy character,  who's a doctor on General Hospital, when you could kill one of the many unemployed criminals cruising around?  Frankie V:  Killing off good characters since 2013.   

• Love 15

Exactly, it's just so nonsensical. He's never on, he's recurring, he's a beloved vet character who can act and is hot as hell. There are literally a dozen characters you could kill off before even coming near him. RC's response to a tweet though makes me wonder.

• Love 12

Exactly. Why not Brad instead? So dumb. Kiki and Dillon on a date? :) YAY ! One potential couple to root for ! What  is the surprising thing about Tracy? I'd love for it to be something that will lead to more story for Jane.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

What is the surprising thing about Tracy?

Do the worms return? I can't imagine her health issues are over. They need to put her back into Finn's orbit somehow, unless he's been swallowed by Carly. (Sadly, that's the likely situation.)

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why kill off Lucas when he's so rarely on in the first place? It's not as if Bobbie is a regular, either, and needs a story. 

Gawd, probably to give Carly another plank for her ridiculous "THE VIOLENCE!!!!!" stance.

I really hope this is not true.  But could I see the show thinking Lucas is expendable now that one of Sonny's kids checks the LGTB box?  Sadly, yes.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gawd, probably to give Carly another plank for her ridiculous "THE VIOLENCE!!!!!" stance.

I really hope this is not true.  But could I see the show thinking Lucas is expendable now that one of Sonny's kids checks the LGTB box?  Sadly, yes.

Ugh.   They need to let us vote on this bs.   Lucas has more story value than Kristina anyday of the week.  And besides, what happened to happy endings or Lucas leaving town instead of in a body bag?  Jelly,  Shonda Rhimes is on Line 1, she says to stay in your lane because you're out of your league.  

• Love 1

I am seriously in a RAGE over this Lucas nonsense.

WTF?  Wasn't there just huge uproar over Days killing off a beloved gay character?  So GH decides to do it too? 

I know he isn't on a lot, but he is LUCAS JONES.  A child of a legacy couple, one of the ONLY doctors on a show called GENERAL HOSPITAL. 

I honestly really think TIIC are TRYING to get this show cancelled.  Kind of like Julian with Crimson....they are sabotaging it so it implodes.  It's the ONLY explanation. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

I honestly really think TIIC are TRYING to get this show cancelled.  Kind of like Julian with Crimson....they are sabotaging it so it implodes.  It's the ONLY explanation. 

No, there's another: they're just that stupid/egotistical. It's seems crazy but it must be true! I mean they just cancelled like 5 primetime shows, if they want to cancel GH they will. No justification needed.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Good stuff.

I would maybe kinda be ok with Hayden being pregnant if it was a precursor to a story where Curtis pretends to be the father and then they fall in love. And then, and excuse me for how horrible this is, the baby can die and that can bring them even closer or something.

I don't think they'd ever dare give the special love story of the hit man and his mob moll to Hayden and Curtis.  

• Love 1

You've got to be kidding me. If they kill Lucas that's me done. I don't need another gay character casually iced on Frank Valentini's watch.

• Love 4

I think Jelly thinks they're being "shocking", "daring", and this is "drama".   No.   No.  Shocking, daring, and drama was AJ's return,  Michael becoming a Quartermaine, Robin returning to her family, BJ's heart saving Maxie's life,  Michael going to prison, etc.    Not another legacy character sacrificed for the outdated, played out mob.  So what happens after Lucas dies?  Julian is distraught and then gets confronted by everyone or is officially the evilest evil that ever eviled.   Sonny puts a hit out on him and then Julian dies via Sonny or Jason.  Yay.  Mob heroes!  So, basically the mess that Sonny created keeps getting messier and messier.  Also,  instead of growing the show and daytime division,  the ego of an overrated, past his prime actor is inflated more and soaps die more everyday.   Thank you to our progressive feminist writers.  

• Love 3
On 5/13/2016 at 6:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Knowing Carly and Sonny, they'll want Morgan working where they can keep an eye on him, so he'll be back at the warehouse

I read this as "he'll be back at the whorehouse" and was thinking, "Finally, an interesting plot on GH".

On 5/13/2016 at 7:23 PM, ulkis said:

There is not a single spoiler there that would induce me to tune in again.  Not one.

7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Exactly, it's just so nonsensical. He's never on, he's recurring, he's a beloved vet character who can act and is hot as hell. There are literally a dozen characters you could kill off before even coming near him. RC's response to a tweet though makes me wonder.

RC?  What's the deal with him?

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Exactly. Why not Brad instead? So dumb. Kiki and Dillon on a date? :) YAY ! One potential couple to root for ! What  is the surprising thing about Tracy? I'd love for it to be something that will lead to more story for Jane.

I wonder if one of the topics on their date will be how they mind fucked Morgan and Georgie? At least Dillon eventually showed some remorse. I am in the minority, but I didn't care about Kiki's feeling when Morgan cheated on her. I never got why Morgan would get back together with a girl that didn't regret leaving him for his brother or encouraged him to drug his brother, except for the usually excuse for this show which is "reasons". I would love it if they ever had another confrontation that Morgan admitted that he never forgave Kiki over the Michael debacle. I am not saying it justifies him cheating on Kiki, but it can explain his subconscious might have had a stronger effect on his behavior

8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

RC, as in Ryan Carnes, not as in former head writer.

That doesn't sound promising. Even though I think he can do better, him and Brad marrying and moving away wouldn't be the worst thing for the show. If they kill Lucas him off, what a waste. There was plenty they could have done with Lucas. He is gay. He was born on the show. His a doctor. His adopted parents are Bobbie Spencer and Lucas Jones. He is played by a fan favorite actor. The only "negatives" that he wasn't an immoral or even amoral character. The use of Ryan Carnes reminds me  a lot of Tequin Richmond. The show has characters with potential played by decent actors, who are connected to areas of the show that are in need of being fleshed out (hospital, teen scene) but then ...nothing. A storyline here or there , but not the repetitive constant stuff we get with other characters. I like Liz, but considering what they did to her character over the last year (when her character was in need of rehab beforehand) I would have traded a lot of that screen time for Lucas.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 11

The only bright spot about Lucas dying would be him finally being with Tony, BJ, and his bio mom Cheryl again in Heaven. Otherwise, you have Bobbie losing ANOTHER kid, and Maxie ANOTHER cousin/almost sibling. Nope. 

• Love 1

Urg.  I'm really not liking that spec about Lucas...but it also doesn't make any apparent sense as to how the show would kill him off.  He's not involved in anything remotely shady, except through Brad--and since that goes back to his and Rosalie's secret I'm not sure the show wants to go back there--and there's no obvious openings for any collateral damage-level violence at the Nurses Ball (except for that vague spoiler about Liesl deciding to somehow ruin it, and I have no idea what that entails).

11 minutes ago, UYI said:

The only bright spot about Lucas dying would be him finally being with Tony, BJ, and his bio mom Cheryl again in Heaven. Otherwise, you have Bobbie losing ANOTHER kid, and Maxie ANOTHER cousin/almost sibling. Nope. 

There is no bright spot to killing Lucas.  We lose a doctor.  We lose a good actor.  We lose another legacy character to death.  And I don't want Maxie to have a sapling and name it after Lucas in his honor.  I want the real Lucas Jones.   *Because we all know that's the inevitable direction that this bs will go in.  Lucas dies, Tree and Maxie have problems,  Maxie has a sapling and names it after Lucas in his honor.  Barf.  

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

There is no bright spot to killing Lucas.  We lose a doctor.  We lose a good actor.  We lose another legacy character to death.  And I don't want Maxie to have a sapling and name it after Lucas in his honor.  I want the real Lucas Jones.   *Because we all know that's the inevitable direction that this bs will go in.  Lucas dies, Tree and Maxie have problems,  Maxie has a sapling and names it after Lucas in his honor.  Barf.  

Well, "bright spot" might have been the wrong way to put it. I was just thinking of all the dead relatives he'd get to see again, like the most morbidly awesome family reunion ever, give how much of his family is dead. And I forgot to mention Georgie 1.0! Damn. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, UYI said:

Well, "bright spot" might have been the wrong way to put it. I was just thinking of all the dead relatives he'd get to see again, like the most morbidly awesome family reunion ever, give how much of his family is dead. And I forgot to mention Georgie 1.0! Damn. 

Lol.  I figured,  but I wanted to protest Maxie procreating with a tree and naming it after Lucas.   GH:AfterLife would probably be a better show at this point, especially with the new additions.   

• Love 3
(edited)

There must be a contest among the soaps as to which one can hand their gay characters the shittiest storyline. Nuking what would have been the show's first gay wedding by killing off the legacy-character groom would certainly help bring GH to the top of the list. In this case they would decimate the Jones family in one fell swoop.

Hopefully this is just a rumor that won't pan out - like the rumor when the current headwriters started on the show, which claimed that they were about to make Lucas one of the show's leading men. Which of course was followed by the character being marginalized even more. But I admit I'm hardpressed to identify what other event could prompt those spoilers about Lucas/Bobbie/Carly/Julian.

Truth be told, they don't need Lucas as a doctor anymore. They're much more keen on their pet characters Finn and Griffin (just writing those names side by side tells you how utterly lacking in creativity these writers are) who are now the go-to doctors for every ailment under the sun. A third male doctor is surplus to the requirements when the mob, not the hospital, is central to the show.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 3

Tbh, I think don't think Griff and Finn are pets.   Finn isn't on that much and he's been given JE and LW as his screen partners.  Griff could be considered more pet status, I guess, but he's been given the weirdest and murkiest backstory.   He's kind of connected, but not.   As soon as #Justice4Dewq dies down (lol), what is there for him to do?   Be a PriestDoctor?  Dance badly with Anna?   Hear Sonny's confessions?  They've given both of them no real story tbh.    No hospital character has a real story revolving around them.   Liz's story revolves around Jason and his issues.  Dr O is doing something in the basement.   Finn is researching kidneys and stuff.  Griffin is saving souls of criminals.   Monica is raising Jason's child.   Felix is looking for Sabrina.   And now Lucas is probably going to die.   Every story is about Sonny.   They all go back to Sonny.   

• Love 3
(edited)

And we all know that, if they kill off Lucas, it will be all about Sonny and Carly.  JZ will get like one scene, maybe two, where she tries to emote through whatever she's most recently had done to her face, then it will shift into full Carly/Sonny mode.  Carly will bemoan that the violence in Sonny's world touched her brother (but probably not as much as she bemoaned it touching Kiki, because, well, Kiki).  Sonny will get all whisper shout-y about how it's that damn Julian Jerome's fault, as he flings bar ware all over the place and vows revenge.  Two months later, three, tops, no one will remember that Lucas existed, except, maybe, Maxie.  

Oh, and I guess the story will have a side helping of Julexis, where Julian feels guilty over his son dying (wait, do the writers remember Lucas is his son?), Alexis decides, once again, that she can't deal with the life of a mobster.  And their daughter will shriek about how she should have let Sonny kill him long ago (wait, do the writers remember that Lucas is her brother?).  I assume Jason will stand at her side mugging away in anger as she rants and raves.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 13

pfft, now there's a rumor going around that Sam feels "sick." So....she's probably pregnant, and nine months later, in honor of her brother, she'll name her bouncing baby boy, "Lucas." I hate this show, and soaps in general. 

I think OLTL was the only soap not to kill off one of their gays, (ATWT Reid, AMC Marissa, Days Will) but they did blame them and use them as a scapegoat for the ratings tanking so...

• Love 2

Either way, this killing off of Lucas, (which I fully believe will happen) is non-nonsensical. They could have done so much with his character. I waited for years for them to give him a real story line. The only real "story" he ever had was a possible threesome between him, Brad, and Felix. Ugh. Oh yeah, and his insta-relationship with Julian which took no time at all in becoming amicable when it should have been hostile for a good long while. 

What is the point in killing off a legacy character who gets no screen time as it is? Brad and Lucas' marriage plot has been on hold for a YEAR. This just seems mean-spirited.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think they're killing off Lucas to give Tony Geary something to chew on for his brief return.  He'll come back to comfort Bobbie. All the various daily spoilers fit this.

They also seem to be removing Julian's ties from the canvas.  Sam no longer wants anything to with him. How long until the retcon Leonardo as Ned's baby?

Edited by Francie
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

I think they're killing off Lucas to give Tony Geary something to chew on for his brief return.  He'll come back to comfort Bobbie. All the various daily spoilers fit this.

I mean I can't even . . . does anyone wanna see poor plastic surgery face Bobbie emote? or Tony Geary? Couldn't they have off-screen killed off Ethan if they wanted that? But I'll save the rant for/if it actually happens.

They also seem to be removing Julian's ties from the canvas.  Sam no longer wants anything to with him. How long until the retcon Leonardo as Ned's baby?

If only! I want this a lot.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was going to tune in to see Lucy and Robin, but if they do this I'm done maybe for good or at least a real long time. It would be one thing if it was one gay character, but this isn't the first time Frank Valentini or daytime has thrown gay characters, let alone a core one, under the wheels for the sake of a transitory plot where it isn't remotely necessary. Not as awful as what DAYS did to Will Horton, but still just nasty.

5 hours ago, admiralrodcocker said:

I think OLTL was the only soap not to kill off one of their gays, (ATWT Reid, AMC Marissa, Days Will) but they did blame them and use them as a scapegoat for the ratings tanking so...

OLTL did abruptly dump them to save their skins, though, while doubling down on a lot of 'leads' who couldn't hack it. And before that they did the Daniel Colson story, which is probably the most homophobic story I can remember in my time with soaps. All of this was on Frank's watch and between that and how Ken Corday handled his gays last fall (or how Jean Passanante and co. offed Luke's new boyfriend on ATWT) I'm just over it. He's so far removed from the man who was initially willing to take the hit on Kyle and Fish on OLTL that it's pathetic - let's just fetishize these str8 actors who can't act, that's how the gays (and the staff) will get their fix. I was open to understanding part of the rationale for why he was willing to sacrifice Kish to save the show back in those days, but after the last six years I can't excuse this too.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

The spoilers could also fit Val.(one can always hope)

• Love 2
(edited)

If this Lucas spec is true, I'm sure the argument from the writers will be that the Jeromes and the Corinthii were at war and Lucas - who is connected to both sides - is an unfortunate casualty that causes drama and heartbreak on all sides.  But it's bullshit because Lucas has not had meaningful interactions with Julian or Sam or Carly in WEEKS.  So trotting him out as sweeps cannon fodder is fucking gross.

ETA - oh crap, you know what I just remembered?  That letter Lucas gave to Julian on his wedding date that he wrote to his bio dad while dealing with being gay.  Nothing ever came of it then, but could I see Julian digging it out when he's all grief stricken and shit?  Oh yeah.  UGH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But it's bullshit because Lucas has not had meaningful interactions with Julian or Sam or Carly in WEEKS.  So trotting him out as sweeps cannon fodder is fucking gross.

Lucas is being Stanviled! 

• Love 1

I don't think anything in terms of soaps is more annoying than characters being brought back, shit being done with them and then those characters being killed off for a quick OMG moment - except with this show what is so surprising about a character dying violently?  It's just another day isn't it?

Lucas it seems is being AJed.

• Love 5

And if this is true, just like with AJ, they're going for the cheap death of a legacy character when you could tell almost the same goddamn story having them rendered comatose and then shipping them to an off-screen facility so the option to use them again is still there.  

• Love 5

I just don't get what the people running GH are trying to do with these terrible stories.  It's like they are actively trying to drive fans away from the show.  Liz gets trashed for no good reason other then to prolong the already dragged-out and anti-climactic Jasam reunion.  Julexis* gets thrown under the bus for yet another round of Sonny-the-Good-Mobster-Who-Always-Wins-versus-the Bad-Mobster-Du-Jour-Who-Always-Loses.   A potential legacy character killed off for nothing more than cheap drama and for no good reason other than to further alienate and anger fans.  Why are these idiots refusing to see the writing on the wall?

* - I know Julexis isn't too popular around these parts but they are a fairly popular couple, and their fans aren't going to tune in to watch them be the latest bit of roadkill under the wheels of the Sonny Corinthos ShowKilling Express.

• Love 9

I really believe ABC is allowing these horrible plots (face it, these aren't coherent stories), so when it brings down the axe to this mess, few will care. Be it 6 months or a few years from now.

That way, it can have another stupid lifestyle show, another freaking hour of GMA, or syndication with the hour given to local affiliates with the hope of $$$ from said syndication packages for their local branches.

• Love 1
(edited)

IMO, they're not that popular. They're just what the network seized on while they and GH were in crisis mode - it was a marginally popular couple and it was at that time (and now) virtually all the show had going, so they tried to promote it like it was the second coming of Sonny and Brenda or Steve and Alice. I thought it was an embarrassing, over-the-top attempt for what was a B-couple at best that had never had great stuff, and I thought the overexposure highlighted all of the writing and the characters and performers' (particularly Julian/deVry) weaknesses, IMO. And I've been a fan of NLG despite her nonsense for a long time.

There are things William deVry can do well and there are things he really can't. He's always been very good at playing a smug dick or a scheming villain, and there have been times I've truly found Julian's relationship with his children, however forced, to be compelling, especially his relationship with Lucas. But he is not a heroic figure or much of a heartthrob, and I can't take him seriously when he attempts to project warmth with Alexis' daughters or tries to pretend to be a decent guy. Also, Julian definitely did not need a new baby. These characters together exist in a nebulous gray area between good and evil and should be portrayed as such - Julian was the snide, cocky metrosexual rich swine opposite Sonny's equally swinish mobster from a different world, but he was a horse of a different color and that's what made him somewhat interesting in the past. Julian is what Julian is. It was the show/network trying to make him something bigger or more palatable that made it a lot worse for me. Because the character can't do it and neither can the actor.

Ironically I actually think what they're giving Julian and Alexis now is the better part of their material - a man who simply doesn't want out of the mob and doesn't care, and a woman tortured by the fact that she can't quit him and doesn't want to, and will live in denial at any cost to keep him in her life. That's the honest truth of that relationship, not their embarrassing sex games that felt like midlife crises, their ridiculous domestic squabbles with Olivia over sweaters and gifts(!!), or Julian pretending he was going to go legit, be some milquetoast tycoon (the show's seen better) and be the one mob boss on GH who has ever actually succeeded in leaving the mob. It was also an insult to our intelligence to try to put him over like he's Jax after we all knew he'd had Duke killed in the streets like a dog (cat). This is actually decent material, though it's not necessarily brilliantly written. And it's true to who they are. But it doesn't leave Julian much room to survive as a character, and if they kill Lucas to facilitate the full impact of this storyline - forget it. You don't need to kill Lucas to make that hit hard. And if they do it'll only make me resent the time wasted more. But that's me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9