Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Lol "and I'm not proud of it." But Sonny has...nvm.

I do remember Mo talked about being alarmed when Sonny shot Dante but his wife was all "honey, Sonny has always been a vigilante!" so he calmed down about it.

• Love 6

Lulu has to be near-death for Dante to want her. That's basically the message these female writers have been sending about multiple pairings at this point.

It's so dumb. Like . . . of course Dante would care if Lulu was in danger. He would care if a random stranger was in danger! The writers are so lazy.

Shouldn't sweeps be a time when stories are climaxing?  Instead, some random dude pushes Lulu off a boat to create story?

The pacing on this show, I swear.

I think random dude has to do with the gun dealerz. 

• Love 1

Remember when a lot of us, including me, were excited for "Lauren" to show up?

It was the epitome of 'be careful what you wish for'. We wanted a new Q and got Keeks and Franco: RoHo goes Platinum Edition!

I loved Roger and Jane in scenes, and I've always said he should have stayed a Q-but perhaps never should have been Franco in the first place.

JE is one of the few people Roger visibly tries to up his game with in scenes. It's fun to watch-and for any Liz fan who doesn't like her around Franco, I'll take him.

I'll take anything at this point to give JE some meaty material. It's not like she's Becky or Kelly, she doesn't get endless airtime.

It's just a shot in the dark-but I think Tracy's issue is going to be Parkinson's disease. It was my first thought, I rejected it, then came back to it. IDK why, it just feels right. Now, if the show makes it a heart issue, my eyes will roll out of my head. I don't even care if it makes sense. I want something new and unexpected.

Besides, I don't think I can sit through the endless commentary that someone should withhold her heart medication. I do find it hilarious that some people's sins can be a few months or years old and they are "ancient history", yet Tracy must still "pay" or get karma for something that happened thirty five plus years ago. I'm totally okay with her "paying", if everyone else gets theirs. But since that's not going to happen....yep, she gets to skate, too.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

I loved Roger and Jane in scenes, and I've always said he should have stayed a Q-but perhaps never should have been Franco in the first place.

JE is one of the few people Roger visibly tries to up his game with in scenes. It's fun to watch-and for any Liz fan who doesn't like her around Franco, I'll take him.

I'll take anything at this point to give JE some meaty material. It's not like she's Becky or Kelly, she doesn't get endless airtime.

It's just a shot in the dark-but I think Tracy's issue is going to be Parkinson's disease. It was my first thought, I rejected it, then came back to it. IDK why, it just feels right. Now, if the show makes it a heart issue, my eyes will roll out of my head. I don't even care if it makes sense. I want something new and unexpected.

They could have made him Jimmy Lee Holts SORASed/initially unknown kid or something. They could have made him Valentin. Anything but Franco.

Besides, I don't think I can sit through the endless commentary that someone should withhold her heart medication. I do find it hilarious that some people's sins can be a few months or years old and they are "ancient history", yet Tracy must still "pay" or get karma for something that happened thirty five plus years ago. I'm totally okay with her "paying", if everyone else gets theirs. But since that's not going to happen....yep, she gets to skate, too.

And it was a trick on Edward's part! He fucking was trying to trick her. She failed, but I say, if you want to find out why Tracy would be the type of woman to let her father die of a heart aliment, watch to the end of the scene. That was the type of man Edward was.

• Love 3

Given the team that's been in place I think Roger would likely still be resting on his laurels and goofing off with his ironclad job security at this point no matter who he played, but it would've been infinitely more bearable if he'd been some sort of black-sheep hippie Quartermaine or something. The few silver linings of his second accursed tenure have been his chemistry with Maura West and those characters. That being said, they still (still!) need to fire him immediately.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

Maybe Sonny finally admits he's in love with Jason and serenades him with a rendition of "Careless Whisper ".

The only part of that Mo would probably object to is that he didn't get to do it with SBu's Jason. 

• Love 6

So Lulu's in danger due to a random person?  How...exciting?

I do remember Mo talked about being alarmed when Sonny shot Dante but his wife was all "honey, Sonny has always been a vigilante!" so he calmed down about it.

I assume Sonny admits he was wrong about something. 

I am literally still laughing at all of these.

The link doesn't take me to a video. I wanna see this terrible promo dammit!

• Love 1

Maurice Benard ✔@MauriceBenard

OK in one show can't tell you which one I do something I've never done in 23 years on GH and I'm not proud of it

Because providing a troubled underaged teen girl with drugs, alcohol and a job as strip club dancer, then later putting a hit out on her and her boyfriend is something to be very proud of! Not to mention the murders he has ordered to be committed. But I'm sure that they all "deserved" it.

Soap gods, I hate Sonny!

• Love 10

Because providing a troubled underaged teen girl with drugs, alcohol and a job as strip club dancer, then later putting a hit out on her and her boyfriend is something to be very proud of! Not to mention the murders he has ordered to be committed. But I'm sure that they all "deserved" it.

Soap gods, I hate Sonny!

I thought Mo was referring to something he did as an actor.

Trying to play your scumbag character consistently as the show hero, for decades, isn't something I'd really like to be happy with. IMHO.

• Love 2

I'm thinking he either hits Morgan cuz he did something extremely stupid and got Lulu hurt, or it's his reaction to finding out about Kristina and Parker. Since Mo has no problems with anything else Scummy has done (including killing AJ) it has to be something associated with one of his kids. He doesn't give a rat's ass about what his character has done to anyone else, so those are my guesses.

• Love 2
Shouldn't sweeps be a time when stories are climaxing?

So, that definitely rules out sex between Morgan and Kiki! 

(Sorry.) 

In the list of past Sonny vileness: What about the time he threw money on the floor and forced whatshername to crawl for it? Courtney's croupier mother...Janine? That and a scene with Faith in which he twisted her arms behind her back and forced a very rapey kiss on her to humiliate her in front of the other mob bosses, were (at that time) the two most disturbing Sonny scenes I had ever seen. We were all younger then, and more innocent.  

Paid an even shorter person to crouch down and act as a human prompter? Guess we'll know if there's a scene with a long speech and he keeps glancing down.  

• Love 5

They could have made him Jimmy Lee Holts SORASed/initially unknown kid or something. They could have made him Valentin. Anything but Franco.

And it was a trick on Edward's part! He fucking was trying to trick her. She failed, but I say, if you want to find out why Tracy would be the type of woman to let her father die of a heart aliment, watch to the end of the scene. That was the type of man Edward was.

Original Recipe Edward was in fact, a very hateable man, and Tracy at her worst is a result of what you get when you emotionally abuse a person over decades.

Not that it excuses her turning her back and letting him crawl across a floor. It's just that I have zero sympathy for him (even if he hadn't been faking). All my sympathy lies with her in that situation. It always has, always will. Especially when you consider that *everything* she did was bashed by Edward. She never could do anything right. Meanwhile, Alan drops a roof on his wife and her lover and Edward barely blinks. So I can totally get why Tracy would want to wrap her hands around the old man's throat and squeeze. Not that she ever did, but had she, I would have understood it. She WAS/(still is, really ) another version of AJ, and IMO it's partly why she and AJ hated each other.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Soap gods, I hate Sonny!

In his defense, he didn't say it's the only thing he's never been proud of. I know for a fact he had a fit during the meat hook SL, and was basically told to just do his job. I'm sure there have been other things he's hated, but that sticks in my mind particularly, because I think both him and Billy talked about it and I think in one interview both mentioned that he apologized to Billy beforehand about what his character had to do.

• Love 3
I know for a fact he had a fit during the meat hook SL, and was basically told to just do his job. I'm sure there have been other things he's hated, but that sticks in my mind particularly, because I think both him and Billy talked about it and I think in one interview both mentioned that he apologized to Billy beforehand about what his character had to do.

Well...I also know that he was at a fan event in 2001 when that story was actually unfolding, over a weekend when AJ was Sonny's prisoner but was still holding out while Sonny brought alcohol in to tempt him et cetera, and the Mo/Sonny faithful asked "Does AJ sign those papers?" It was reported he answered, "You're ___damn right he signs them!" and seemed quite upbeat.

Maybe he had conflicted feelings about the story, and maybe he was just playing to the home crowd with that, but...I've just always remembered it. I wasn't there, but the source was trustworthy.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
Meanwhile, Alan drops a roof on his wife and her lover and Edward barely blinks.

Alan got his share of abuse from Edward for being a doctor instead of a businessman, so Alan didn't exactly skate through life unscathed. OG Edward was an equal opportunity jerk with his kids. In some ways, Alan got it worse because he was the male heir.

Mo's always seemed very invested in Sonny "winning" to me.

Same here. He's not really interested in Sonny having to pay for his actions. Say what you want about TG, but he welcomed Luke making mistakes and things getting messy. We don't really see that with Sonny at all.

• Love 8

Original Recipe Edward was in fact, a very hateable man, and Tracy at her worst is a result of what you get when you emotionally abuse a person over decades.

Not that it excuses her turning her back and letting him crawl across a floor. It's just that I have zero sympathy for him (even if he hadn't been faking). All my sympathy lies with her in that situation. It always has, always will. Especially when you consider that *everything* she did was bashed by Edward. She never could do anything right. Meanwhile, Alan drops a roof on his wife and her lover and Edward barely blinks. So I can totally get why Tracy would want to wrap her hands around the old man's throat and squeeze. Not that she ever did, but had she, I would have understood it. She WAS/(still is, really ) another version of AJ, and IMO it's partly why she and AJ hated each other.

That's why watching them team up and succeed at running ELQ would've been SO satisfying. Instead RC had AJ murdered and allowed Luke to walk off into the mist without making any attempt at all to make amends to Tracy for swindling her out of her family legacy

• Love 1

Well...I also know that he was at a fan event in 2001 when that story was actually unfolding, over a weekend when AJ was Sonny's prisoner but was still holding out while Sonny brought alcohol in to tempt him et cetera, and the Mo/Sonny faithful asked "Does AJ sign those papers?" It was reported he answered, "You're ___damn right he signs them!" and seemed quite upbeat.

Maybe he had conflicted feelings about the story, and maybe he was just playing to the home crowd with that, but...I've just always remembered it. I wasn't there, but the source was trustworthy.  

I do think that's part of playing to the crowd. As far as the other poster comment about Sonny liking to win....I think every actor likes their character to win. I can't imagine any actor would like to play a loser who never, ever gets a victory. So, I don't think that's a big deal.

I can only report what I read in the magazine, and Billy confirmed in the same or another interview that he and Maurice talked about that SL and how Maurice did not want to do it.

• Love 2

That's why watching them team up and succeed at running ELQ would've been SO satisfying. Instead RC had AJ murdered and allowed Luke to walk off into the mist without making any attempt at all to make amends to Tracy for swindling her out of her family legacy

I wanted AJ, Tracy and Michael as a team at ELQ for most of SK's run. Such a waste.  :(

• Love 6

Alan got his share of abuse from Edward for being a doctor instead of a businessman, so Alan didn't exactly skate through life unscathed. OG Edward was an equal opportunity jerk with his kids. In some ways, Alan got it worse because he was the male heir.

Same here. He's not really interested in Sonny having to pay for his actions. Say what you want about TG, but he welcomed Luke making mistakes and things getting messy. We don't really see that with Sonny at all.

Except Alan didn't get it worse, because no matter what he did, Edward never banished him from the family that I can remember. And that happened to Tracy how many times? About four, by my count. And sure, she did things to deserve some of it.

But many of the things Alan did, that he did NOT get banished for, were far worse than Tracy's antics, morally and legally.

To be fair, Alan bought the house that he gave to Monica. Only Monica could banish him from the home.

Speaking of Qs, how stupid is Helena Cassadine's will reading going to be? The the past regimes have had really dumb ones. Edward giving his fortune to PBS rather than General Hospital in Alan's name? Dumb! The worst one was Lila's where the the most "virtuous Quartermaine", as decided by Felecia, was Sonny's newest mob lawyer (not even a descended of Lila's) because Fela thought it would too much of a burden on Jason the Hitman and sanctimonious Emily, but not Alan or Monica, the doctor that successful transplanted BJ's heart into Maxie and let Lila and Edward run her home. The ultimate fuck you to the Qs that abhorred the mob.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

To be fair, Alan bought the house that he gave to Monica. Only Monica could banish him from the home.

Speaking of Qs, how stupid is Helena Cassadine's will reading going to be? The the past regimes have had really dumb ones. Edward giving his fortune to PBS rather than General Hospital in Alan's name? Dumb! The worst one was Lila's where the the most "virtuous Quartermaine", as decided by Felecia, was Sonny's newest mob lawyer (not even a descended of Lila's) because Fela thought it would too much of a burden on Jason the Hitman and sanctimonious Emily, but not Alan or Monica, the doctor that successful transplanted BJ's heart into Maxie and let Lila and Edward run her home. The ultimate fuck you to the Qs that abhorred the mob.

True, but that would not have stopped Edward from trying, yet we never even saw that. Edward couldn't have given two shakes about Alan cheating, he was probably proud of that.

As far as Helena's will, I think ME might really be playing a Cassadine, and he will come on as the person Helena left everything to.

• Love 1
As far as the other poster comment about Sonny liking to win....I think every actor likes their character to win. I can't imagine any actor would like to play a loser who never, ever gets a victory.

It's about balance, though. There's losing every time, like AJ, and there's never losing, which is Sonny. Oh, people get mad at him for a week or two for him shooting them in the chest or killing their bio father, but in the end, Sonny never pays. That's boring and bad writing, IMO. It would be much more interesting to see Sonny have to actually fight back from something and wonder if he'll succeed instead of always knowing he will. 

• Love 11

Spoilers from ww.theTVwatercooler.com

Monday, Feb. 22
Lucas is taken aback by Brad's gift.

(undated)
Maxie finds something curious in Nathan's pocket.
Morgan steps into life-threatening danger.
Anna shares the truth with Sonny.

Tuesday, Feb. 23
Alexis and Julian are married.

(undated)
Will Nathan come to Kiki and Lulu's rescue?

Wednesday, Feb. 24
Carly finds a moment of compassion for Ava but then explodes in rage.

Thursday, Feb. 25
Nikolas encourages Lulu to move in with him.
Curtis is baffled by Hayden's revelation.

(undated)
Ava and Franco come together to support Kiki.
Jordan is infuriated by Anna and Paul's deception.

Friday, Feb. 26
Maxie is shocked by a woozy Nathan.

Whoever wrote this probably doesn't realize how hilarious "Carly finds a shred of compassion but then forgets it" sounds

• Love 6

Lucas is taken aback by Brad's gift.

Wow, they're going to both be on screen together for the second time in 2 weeks?! Crazy!

Anna shares the truth with Sonny.

Gross. No thanks.

Nikolas encourages Lulu to move in with him.

Is everyone going to just move in with Nik?

Curtis is baffled by Hayden's revelation.

I assume Hayden tells him she doesn't want to do anything about Nik trying to have her murdered. If it is, I'm glad Curtis will be baffled. Don't ruin him, please!

Maxie is shocked by a woozy Nathan.

I don't really understand this one, but I imagine it'll be hilarious to watch RP play it.

• Love 1

That's the way it rolls with Nik. Sometimes I can't believe this guy was raised by Stefan "no, Katherine, you must stay in the guest house on the faaaaaaaaar corner of the island, otherwise it would be a bad example for Nikolas" Cassadine.

Okay, I can. Sometimes I just like to recall that just because, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

When whatever happens to Lulu becausze of mob war, 8,944, will Dante be allowed to have a mad at Sonny for more than 10 minutes?

He might be mad for a whole 20 minutes even. But then he'll be like, man, I cheated, who am I to judge?? And I told her dumb ass to stay off the boat!

• Love 5