Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm thinking of two directions this could go so far, both of which are terrible.

-Alexis thinks Tom raped her, and Franco and Liz rep for innocent reformed Tom.

- Tom didn't rape her, but he's still bad, and innocent rapist Franco and innocent Julian protect their ladies from him.

The first scenario is especially terrible, but I could see JP/SA going there because . . . well, they're them.

ALL directions are terrible. I'm sick. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Franco is totes going to save Sam's mother from an evil rapist, then Sam won't be allowed to hate him anymore.

Oh God, I didn't think of that one. See! They're ALL terrible!

I suppose one non-terrible scenario would be Franco sets up Alexis because he is creepy and evil and goes to prison for drugging her. Woooooooooo.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I suppose one non-terrible scenario would be Franco sets up Alexis because he is creepy and evil and goes to prison for drugging her.

The problem is that FV/Jelly refuse to admit that doing that actually is in character for Franco

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

In SID, it says that Tom buys Alexis a drink in a bar and then she wakes up in a hotel room next morning and doesn't remember what happened. This . . . is going to be terrible, isn't it.

Of course it is.  The real question is what degree of terrible…I predict horrifying.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Franco is totes going to save Sam's mother from an evil rapist, then Sam won't be allowed to hate him anymore.

It's sad that this is likely going to be true. Rather than putting a modicum of effort into having Franco acknowledge all of the horrible things he's done and showing remorse, dropping the clown act and genuinely trying to aim to be a better person, he's pulling a Sonny and acting like Deke, I mean the tumor, absolves him of everything (even though he's still willing to murder innocent people and kidnap babies post-tumor).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

In SID, it says that Tom buys Alexis a drink in a bar and then she wakes up in a hotel room next morning and doesn't remember what happened. This . . . is going to be terrible, isn't it.

577.gif

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 17

In fairness to Jelly, they didn't create Franco, and they have no control over RH's contract. They inherited a mess of a character and they can't just kill him off because that is FV's call. They obviously don't know what to do with him. I think the whole Alexis thing is mostly about redeeming Julian, but I could be wrong. The worst part of all this is how boring and anti climatic it all will be. I mean, if you are going to offend most of your audience, at least make it emotional and give the characters a voice. They won't, though.

• Love 1

They inherited a whole show of characters. It is up to them to write stories that don't make the audience want to throw a fucking brick into the set.

They have choices in how to write Franco. They didn't have to write him taunting Sam about saying hi to Danny and going out for coffee. They didn't have to write him going into her hospital room and asking did she have a boo boo and can he help make it better. He didn't have to call her and Jason barn animals. They could have easily wrote him being genuinely sorry and kept his ass out of Sam's space.

Michael Easton has been on this show as at least 5 characters in less than 5 years. They could have killed Franco and brought Roger back as someone else. It wasn't that hard considering they have done the same for that Nelle actress.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm convinced this story is actually about Freaco and they're planning on having him 'save', or try to get revenge for, Alexis so that Sam will no longer hate him. Jelly should turn in their NOW cards and STFU about that assclown winning the election because they have a unique opportunity to tell a topical story and they're gonna fuck it all up in service to an arrogant, lecherous gas bag. And in this instance, I'm talking about Freaco.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

Jelly should turn in their NOW cards and STFU about that assclown winning the election because they have a unique opportunity to tell a topical story

Wait. WAIT. Please tell me Jelly didn't really say Mr. Cheeto Dust getting elected would give them the opportunity to tell a topical story? 

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I mean, it was always going to be terrible, but based on that blurb, it's gonna be even worse than I thought.  WTH!?!?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Meanwhile, in Nelle news...

11/28 Nelle continues to pull the strings behind the scenes

11/29 Nelle has Sonny exactly where she wants him

Chloe Lanier also says that what happens next with Nelle will "polarize viewers", that she hopes some people will sympathize with her, but is aware that some will be angry.

First of all...what strings has she pulled thus far?  Getting that nanny fired with the earrings?  Second, ewww, sounds like she is gonna sleep with Sonny and it's all her EVUL DADDY'S fault!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

In SID, it says that Tom buys Alexis a drink in a bar …

I can't be the only person who thinks "Doctor Who" every time Tom Baker is mentioned. 

And thinking that, brings up this: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/04/a-companion-to-the-doctors-the-fourth-doctor , making it very hard to envision someone who is supposed to be a new EVUL. 

Instead, I envision the Doctor ridding GH of the likes of Nina, Nelle and Franco and saying "GH is protected! Do not return!"

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

First of all...what strings has she pulled thus far?  Getting that nanny fired with the earrings?  Second, ewww, sounds like she is gonna sleep with Sonny and it's all her EVUL DADDY'S fault!

I know. I don't count the nanny because she wasn't a person until the earrings thing. Nelle is obsequious, but that's not the same as being manipulative. 

Why would her sleeping with Sonny be "polarizing"? Regardless of her reasons, it's exactly the sort of thing Sonny would do. 

• Love 4

I think the show is expecting us to be stunned, just STUNNED, that Nelle is a snake, even though we've all had her pegged as such since the moment she showed up MONTHS ago.  The writers did themselves no favors dragging this out.

And, not gonna lie, I could see myself coming around a bit if she starts ruining Sonny and Carly's lives for reals.  But they've already introduced this EVUL DADDY element so she'll probably be all mopey and regretful about her scheming.  How fuckin' boring!

• Love 7

How is a character that noone knows and nobody cares about going to"polarize viewers"? I feel bad for this actress, I don't think she's incapable, but she's stuck with FV/Jelly and they are

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

I'm sure Lanier is referring to the Sonny/Carly fans who are going to turn on her for messing with their couple and taking advantage of their grief.  Because Sonny and Carly have never done that before. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

I just. I can't even respond. 

Do we know who's playing Tom?

42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Whatever happened with that casting call we thought sounded like Jeff Webber? 

I think that was Tom.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Wait. WAIT. Please tell me Jelly didn't really say Mr. Cheeto Dust getting elected would give them the opportunity to tell a topical story? 

No they didn't.

• Love 1

Okay, my original theory was that Carly had twins, Michael and Nelle, and Nelle was given away because she was not a male Q heir. Hey, it happens. Plus, as spawn of Carly, she'd likely be a match for Joss. Plus, copycat storyline from Carlybabes/Bobbie/Tony.

I still like that theory, but here's a wilder one that just came to me: Nelle is result of Jax being raped by that woman. Makes her a match for Joss and no doubt evil from her mom's side. Plus Jerry was involved somehow.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, melody16 said:

Even the return of Elizabeth's rapist to canvas isn't a story about Elizabeth.  Not that I wanted this to be Liz's story, but still...

Lately nothing is really about the women characters. All stories lead to the idiotic men they are surrounded by. 

• Love 8

Just let Sam hate him. He's kidnapped her, stalked her, videotaped her having sex with her husband on her honeymoon, then drugged and sexually assaulted her because he wanted her to believe he'd raped her. Carly gets to treat Ric liked shit on her shoes because that's what Ric earned - Sam gets to despise fuckin Franco. So do Lulu, Maxie, Carly and Michael because Franco targeted them just to hurt Jason.So do Sam's family and Ned and Olivia because he is a POS both pre and post-tumor. There aren't enough redemption stories to deal with all of his shittiness.

Also? Is comparing Tom to Franco really supposed to make Franco look like a less shitty option? Are these writers actually that stupid? The good mobster/bad mobster isn't working with Julian/Sonny, there is no good rapist/bad rapist, that is not a thing. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Is comparing Tom to Franco really supposed to make Franco look like a less shitty option? Are these writers actually that stupid? The good mobster/bad mobster isn't working with Julian/Sonny, there is no good rapist/bad rapist, that is not a thing.

Tom is a rapist/blackmailer; Franco is a SERIAL KILLER. If they insist on ranking garbage people, Tom still comes out ahead. He actually went to prison for some of his crimes.

18 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Just let Sam hate him. He's kidnapped her, stalked her, videotaped her having sex with her husband on her honeymoon, then drugged and sexually assaulted her because he wanted her to believe he'd raped her

I agree. Sam can be glad Franco was in a place to help out Alexis, but that one decent thing shouldn't erase what he did to Sam. 

This fakakta show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

They could have easily wrote him being genuinely sorry

And people would still hate him and want him gone. It doesn't matter what they write, someone is going to complain about the fact that Franco is breathing. People mocked the character when he seemed genuinely remorseful about some things, right before he hooked up with Carly. Now people mock him because  he doesn't seem remorseful. People mock the tumor. Writing anything other than Franco as the town villain who is not long for this world, is a losing battle. That is NOT the fault of the writers. They don't offer an actor a contract. Yes, they inherited a whole slew of characters, but few of them, if any, are as big a mess as Franco is. And, he was a mess when they got him. How DO you redeem a serial killer ? He was written into a corner when JF played him, and never should have been brought back. Full stop. But FV renewed his contract. They COULD kill off Franco and create yet another character, but this would be RH's third, and people would mock THAT. So YMMV, but from what I read, there's nothing the writers can do right when it comes to Franco or RH, short of him being fired. And again, that's not Jelly's place. All that falls on Frank. Everyone is entitled to mock the character or the actor all they want, but even I can feel the frustration from Jelly in their interviews and comments on Twitter when it comes to Franco. They got stuck with a character that the audience will NEVER accept, and they HAVE to write for  him. It's not an enviable place to be.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

That may all be true, but there is no fucking reason for them to bring back Liz's rapist just to make Franco look better. They could have done basically anything else and it would have been less offensive. I guess maybe FV could've forced them to write this, but still.

• Love 8

Of course some people will hate Franco. No character is universally liked. But if they really want Franco to be less of a scumbag, they could stop writing him cornering Liz in elevators, breaking into the backseat of her car, taking her back to his studio that has eight locks on the door, etc. He could stop whining about how everyone hates him for being a SERIAL KILLER. Which he is. That's not redeeming behavior by any definition.

• Love 10

Exactly. I'm sure there are people who hated mega-popular characters like Luke Spencer, Jack Deveraux, and Todd Manning always and never, ever softened their stance. Which is their right and only to be expected. That doesn't let writers off the hook. They still have to write decent storylines. The 'poor writers, they just can't win' argument doesn't fly with me. There is no excuse for the way Franco has been written.

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course some people will hate Franco. No character is universally liked. But if they really want Franco to be less of a scumbag, they could stop writing him cornering Liz in elevators, breaking into the backseat of her car, taking her back to his studio that has eight locks on the door, etc. He could stop whining about how everyone hates him for being a SERIAL KILLER. Which he is. That's not redeeming behavior by any definition.

Exactly.  I agree that "Jelly" were probably stuck with him by Frank, but they didn't have to write...this.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And people would still hate him and want him gone. It doesn't matter what they write, someone is going to complain about the fact that Franco is breathing.

As dubbel zout pointed out, couple of people hating him is fine. There are always a couple of people who hate someone. 

Friz seems to be somewhat popular, so maybe they finally made Franco work. 

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 10:41 PM, ulkis said:

Oh God, I didn't think of that one. See! They're ALL terrible!

I suppose one non-terrible scenario would be Franco sets up Alexis because he is creepy and evil and goes to prison for drugging her. Woooooooooo.

If murder gets you a couple of months in prison, I can I only imagine drugging Alexis would be worth hours in prison. Since Franco "saved" GH and so he is now a hero and all.

And I will also point out that Alexis really doesn't seem to be Tom's favored victim type. Teenage. Now Molly could fit his typical prey mold.

Edited by stlbf
22 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Really bad sentence structure. I meant, Jelly have personally been up in arms about the oompa loompa (as they should) and all his misogynistic mouth spewing, yet here they are trying to pave the road for the murderhobo rapist to become a 'leading man'. They should just let Uncle Frank do all the interviews and quit whining about the audience or find another line of work because they suck at writing.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

As dubbel zout pointed out, couple of people hating him is fine. There are always a couple of people who hate someone. 

I think the majority hate him, and that's fine. I have no horse in the race: I've never liked Franco, JF is absolutely overrated, and the only time I've ever enjoyed RH was his early Todd days. But then, that could've been that I really, REALLY hated Marty, and I really, really, hated that they used rape to redeem HER.

I think it's just as vile to take a horrible person like Marty was before the rape, and use the fact they are victimized, to make us feel for them. My rule of thumb is, I might feel sorry for what happens to you, but if I didn't like you before, (speaking of fictional characters here), I'm not going to like you after. It's an infuriating "sympathy" device. It was  used on Liz,(who had done awful things) Marty, LAURA (she was a horrible person as a teenager, and no, I don't think being "young" gives her a pass). It's been used on many others. And it's just as vile and disgusting to woobie a character by raping them, as it is to woobie the rapist because they are actually not a "bad person" underneath.

Not rape, but same issue with Kristina and Keifer. Kristina is a horrible person. Keifer beating her up did not change my opinion of her.

Edited by IWantCandy71
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I remain amazed that Friz (it made me sick to type that) do seem to have a vocal fanbase. I mean I know every ship has fans, but this one I'm sorry I just can't get it. They have the most forced chemistry I've seen in awhile and their relationship has really just put the final nail in the coffin of Liz's character. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

While I concede that everything has fans, I do think part of it is that both of these actors have fan bases who would ship them with anybody, and anything.  "OMG, Franco and Mop are sooo cute together!".  "Did you see how Glass Window looked at Liz!" 

• Love 11

Nelle sets her plan in motion. {Nov 28}

Nelle manipulates an unsuspecting Sonny. {Nov 29}

Nelle struggles with her guilt. {Nov 30}

BOOOO!  Don't feel guilty!

Terrified he will lose her the same way he lost his wife, Finn races to find a cure for Hayden. {Nov 29}

STOOOP giving Michael Easton characters dead wives/girlfriends/fiancées, WE NEVER CARED!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I remain amazed that Friz (it made me sick to type that) do seem to have a vocal fanbase. I mean I know every ship has fans, but this one I'm sorry I just can't get it. They have the most forced chemistry I've seen in awhile and their relationship has really just put the final nail in the coffin of Liz's character. 

Yeah, it's impossible for me to understand how Liz/Herbst fans can support her being paired with Serial Killer. Is getting screen time worth her character being further ruined? I wouldn't think so. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

It's a combination of rabid Howarth loyalists and desperate but incredibly devoted Becky Herbst fans. It's about the two of them individually, not the couple.

But it's also how Franco is written with  Liz. If Franco didn't kiss Liz's ass and treat her like a Queen, I think you'd see a different reaction. 

• Love 5