Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, aw86 said:

I dread the babbling Spinelli will do at this wedding. 

I don't think he'll do too much babbling, thankfully.

I do suspect Jason's vows may go a bit like this:

"Oh Sam, I remember the time when I first saw you  - or wait, maybe that wasn't the first time - or - or are these my memories at all? - No, no wait, I do totally remember the first time I saw you - "

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

"Oh Sam, I remember the time when I first saw you  - or wait, maybe that wasn't the first time - or - or are these my memories at all? - No, no wait, I do totally remember the first time I saw you - "

This is what ruins it for me. There's no connection to the past, there's no history, so it's like watching two strangers get married kinda.

But, to be fair, and I think I've said this before, but I've always hated recasts, especially when it comes to pairings. This isn't a BM vs. SBu acting thing. It's just the fact that BM doesn't know the history and wasn't around, so it makes it less emotional and meaningful in a way. I dunno. I probably make no sense, but it makes sense in my head.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
Just now, HeatLifer said:

This is what ruins it for me. There's no connection, there's no history, so it's like watching two strangers get married kinda.

But, to be fair, and I think I've said this before, but I've always hated recasts, especially when it comes to pairings. This isn't a BM vs. SBu acting thing. It's just the fact that BM doesn't know the history and wasn't around, so it makes it less emotional and meaningful in a way. I dunno. I probably make no sense, but it makes sense in my head.

I do get you, but I was talking more about the writing though. Like you've said, they've switched back and forth so many times whether he remembers all or not.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do get you, but I was talking more about the writing though. Like you've said, they've switched back and forth so many times whether he remembers all or not.

No, I know what you were saying. Because the character doesn't really remember much, like, I have NO clue what he does or doesn't remember, it makes this wedding feel kinda hollow.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of, I guess the show's just dropping the memory Jason had of being on Cassadine Island while being controlled by Helena?

They've retconned so much shit, they don't know up from down. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

No, I know what you were saying. Because the character doesn't really remember much, like, I have NO clue what he does or doesn't remember, it makes this wedding feel kinda hollow.

I agree. From Sam there seems to be real emotion, but BM's Jason is a doofus. I know the writing isn't giving him much, but the way he's playing Jason isn't helping.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree. From Sam there seems to be real emotion, but BM's Jason is a doofus. I know the writing isn't giving him much, but the way he's playing Jason isn't helping.

He still plays Jason like he doesn't really know Sam, or...anyone. I don't know whether to blame the writing or the fact that BM probably never watched old episodes or researched Jason, etc.

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That's just his smile, yes? How...unfortunate.

I guess it is because it's how he always smiles. It really is very unfortunate because it does not really work in most cases.

These names are vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place them.

Really. I was like, "Who's Danny?" For real.

• Love 1

No. The Jake thing seems to have been completely dropped. Laura's and Lulu's story seem to be on hold, as there was a bit of movement when they were on Cassadine Island, but the writers got distracted and nothing has happened since.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Speaking of Cassadine Island, did they ever explain Jake's drawings about it? Or what Helena left Laura? Or Lulu? Or anything?

Lulu's envelope had a retconned adress added to it. 

• Love 2

You would think that out of ALL of Helena's "bestowings" that most of the people in the will(Nik, Liz, Lulu, and Laura) would be most interested in what the hell Helena did to their very young and troubled family member, Jake.  But nope. We've had Laura go down memory lane with kevin. Lulu has gotten another case of baby rabies. Nik was caught up with besting HayChel and getting money. And Liz is too busy trying to find reasons to date a serial killer. Since the fact that he kidnapped her infant son hours after his birth, tied Lulu to a bomb and other crimes(murder, being among them) is some sort of bad discrimination. 

This Fucking Show.

Poor RB, he had no idea what disaster this would turn out for him to play when he signed on as Paul.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Poor RB, he had no idea what disaster this would turn out for him to play when he signed on as Paul.

If the show had any creativity at all, they would have made Jason the killer-of course it would end up being mind control via Helena or SomeOtherVillain, because show still insists on JasonIsAGoodMan. In spite of the fact that he's killed just as many as most other "villains" over the years, and gotten away with it. But the twist could have been that Jason framed Paul,(mind control/Helena/reasons) and Paul endangers the lives of those around him as he tries to clear his name. Paul could die protecting/saving Dillon from a still programmed Jason. It would finally be a true redemptive moment for Paul and a decent exit. Of course, Jason would not be blamed because Jason never is/reasons. But I would have preferred that over Paul nonsensically killing people.   At least if it had been Tracy, they could have blamed it on brain damage from the worms. What will Paul's excuse be?? Will they even give him one. LOL It will be stupid, whatever the reason. Count on it.

To top it off, it might even be Sonny or Jason that takes him down. I just can't anymore, because I know that's a very real possibility.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

What will Paul's excuse be?? 

I feel like it's gonna have to somehow be related to Susan since they've had him scream about how he's protecting her a couple times in the past 2 weeks.

Edited by peachmangosteen

What could killing elderly people off have to do with Susan, though? Even if someone is forcing him to do it-or they'll kill Susan-why would they force him to bump off day player old folks? Insanity. I'm gonna lurk to find out the reason-I have to. But I won't watch it-everything I have read since not watching, is just so:cheesy/boring/stupid/headache inducing. But the reason why Paul may be a serial killer, is just too good to miss. I want to see what new levels of awful the writers will sink to.

You people are a brave, patient lot to still be hanging in.  If I could, I'd bake you all some of my warm, gooey, triple chip pecan cookies and send them to you.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

If the show had any creativity at all, they would have made Jason the killer-of course it would end up being mind control via Helena or SomeOtherVillain, because show still insists on JasonIsAGoodMan. In spite of the fact that he's killed just as many as most other "villains" over the years, and gotten away with it. But the twist could have been that Jason framed Paul,(mind control/Helena/reasons) and Paul endangers the lives of those around him as he tries to clear his name. Paul could die protecting/saving Dillon from a still programmed Jason. It would finally be a true redemptive moment for Paul and a decent exit. Of course, Jason would not be blamed because Jason never is/reasons. But I would have preferred that over Paul nonsensically killing people.   At least if it had been Tracy, they could have blamed it on brain damage from the worms. What will Paul's excuse be?? Will they even give him one. LOL It will be stupid, whatever the reason. Count on it.

To top it off, it might even be Sonny or Jason that takes him down. I just can't anymore, because I know that's a very real possibility.

Paul is the killer?  DA Paul Hornsby?  Why?  I'm guessing because they now are resolving stories by putting headshots on a dartboard and randomly throwing darts at them.  Sorry, Richard.

• Love 4

CBS SID 

Tues 9/6
Franco is sitting on a major secret. Nina thinks he should spill the beans

Wed 9/7
Elizabeth experiences major trauma

Thurs 9/8
Robert has something important to tell Dante and Lulu

Mon 9/12
Jason and Franco find themselves in the same boat

Tues 9/13 
Kiki offers her opinion. 
Morgan catches Kiki off-guard

Wed 9/14 
Carly has a nasty fight with Michael

Fri 9/16
Nelle offers Carly advice 

A fight? A nasty one? People having conflict? what in the what now?

• Love 3

Robert: good news, I found your embryo. Bad news, you have a daughter with Stavros.

Kiki has an opinion?

jason and Franco will probably literally BE on the same boat. Or it will have something to do with Jake.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Tues 9/6

Wed 9/14 

Gawd, so Nina's part of the "Sister, Sister" storyline now too?  The first people to know and talk about Jeff Webber's long-lost daughter are fucking Franco and Nina?!?! #hate

I hope this nasty fight between Carly and Michael is somehow engineered by Nelle.  Get your scheming on, girl!

ETA...listening to this week's "Again With This" podcasts, I really want Nelle to get her early Valerie Malone on.  She's all sweet and innocence now, but hopefully soon, we'll get a scene of her sparking a joint and detailing her plan to rip Carly's life apart.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Please let it be that there is no embryo, and please let that be the absolute final time we ever hear about it. (I'm not holding my breath, but a girl can dream.)

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...listening to this week's "Again With This" podcasts, I really want Nelle to get her early Valerie Malone on.  She's all sweet and innocence now, but hopefully soon, we'll get a scene of her sparking a joint and detailing her plan to rip Carly's life apart.

I could not love this more! First a Valerie Malone shoutout, but also becasue I agree, I think Nelle should be a bad girl, too. I think you should add at the end "to rip Carly's life apart, after calling everyone in PC an 'avocadohead'." 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I think you should add at the end "to rip Carly's life apart, after calling everyone in PC an 'avocadohead'." 

Totally!

"They're so into being from Port Charles.  Like I really care where Crimson's headquarters are."

• Love 3

Franco: Okay, here it is - I don't belong on this show. Neither do you.

Audience: That's not a secret.

Nina: But...we're Soap Superstahs!

Elizabeth experiences major trauma

How original. I'd be traumatized, too, if I were dating Franco.

Ugh. I just can't.

Jason and Franco find themselves in the same boat

Please be a literal boat and please let it sink.

Kiki offers her opinion. Morgan catches Kiki off-guard

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

This could be promising.

Nelle offers Carly advice 

So could this, if it's part of Operation Karma's Come A'Knockin'

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure it's about Sabrina, so zzzzzz.

I love how she has a problem with Sabrina (who is, overall, pretty bland), but not with Kiki, the girl who played her two boys against each other and bounced back and forth between them, including working with Morgan to drug Michael.  Nope, Kiki's the best.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I love how she has a problem with Sabrina (who is, overall, pretty bland), but not with Kiki, the girl who played her two boys against each other and bounced back and forth between them, including working with Morgan to drug Michael.  Nope, Kiki's the best.  

Well, think about it: Carly was Kiki. She played Jason/AJ against each other! To hate Kiki would be hating herself. But since I hate Carly, Kiki, and Sabrina, it's all a wash for me.

• Love 3

The only way Carly's acceptance of Kiki would make sense would be if she was doing it to screw with Ava by bonding with both of her daughters or if she was afraid Morgan still had feelings for Ava and she saw Kiki as a lesser evil - but, neither of those things seem to be playing out. She welcomes Kiki into their home like a suburban housewife with her kid's school friend

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

The only way Carly's acceptance of Kiki would make sense would be if she was doing it to screw with Ava by bonding with both of her daughters...

I definitely think Carly gets a sick thrill out of being "a mother" to both of Ava's girls, especially when they're separated from her, but that's just the subtext I choose to see.

And now, Carly accepts Kiki because she's tasked her with keeping Morgan mental well and that means Carly doesn't have to deal with it.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I definitely think Carly gets a sick thrill out of being "a mother" to both of Ava's girls, especially when they're separated from her, but that's just the subtext I choose to see.

h8ter!

oh by the way @TeeVee329 , gird your loins:

9/15

*Lulu confides in Kevin and resolves to get some answers. 

*Tracy is thrown by devastating news. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, backhometome said:

I bet Sabrina dies. How tragic. I would be more thrilled if it was Franco/Ava/Nina. 

Me too but . . . at least someone goes. And I say this as someone who likes Sabrina.

But does this mean Nelle and Michael will hook up? And if so, who is Nelle then?

I've heard that spec about Sabrina, the only thing that makes me think it's not true is CarrrrrJoe.  Clearly, Frank made it a point to shove the actor back into the show, would he be so eager to get rid of his main link to the canvas?  And if they did off her, what would his story be then?  Taking custody of her baby?  Who cares! 

oh by the way @TEEVEE329 , gird your loins:

9/15

*Lulu confides in Kevin and resolves to get some answers. 

Oh geez, Lulu, your mom just dumped him, it's not cool to spill your baby rabies all over him.  And it's rude to talk about children when the show won't let him acknowledge Christina.

But honestly, I was thinking we wouldn't see him 'til Genie Francis got back so I guess I don't hate this?  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And if they did off her, what would his story be then?  Taking custody of her baby?  Who cares! 

I can't see Michael taking the baby, though. He has no legal standing (at least Uncle Carrrlos is a relative), and I don't see Sonny and Carly wanting him or them to be saddled with Teddy. So they bring back JVP to cause a little agita for Michael and Sabrina before she dies, then he takes the baby back to Puerto Rico, where next year a SORASed Teddy comes back ready to rumble. (And Cam will still be 9 years old.)

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh geez, Lulu, your mom just dumped him, it's not cool to spill your baby rabies all over him.  And it's rude to talk about children when the show won't let him acknowledge Christina.

But honestly, I was thinking we wouldn't see him 'til Genie Francis got back so I guess I don't hate this?  

Have Lulu and Kevin even talked at all before? Ever? And I don't know if Lulu even knows about Kevin dating her mom. Unless she somehow found out off-screen.

Edited by LexieLily
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

I bet Sabrina dies. How tragic. I would be more thrilled if it was Franco/Ava/Nina. 

Please soap gods! I will accept the bland St Sabrina's death, happily!  And hey, set Dr. Joe with Liz. Give her a non psycho boyfriend. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't see Michael taking the baby, though. He has no legal standing (at least Uncle Carrrlos is a relative), and I don't see Sonny and Carly wanting him or them to be saddled with Teddy. So they bring back JVP to cause a little agita for Michael and Sabrina before she dies, then he takes the baby back to Puerto Rico, where next year a SORASed Teddy comes back ready to rumble. (And Cam will still be 9 years old.)

Oh, that's what I meant, CarrrrrrJoe taking custody of the baby.  But like I said, given Frank specifically requested they shove the actor back into the show, I can't imagine they did it for a quick in-and-out.

And I actually see the show ridiculously having Michael and Tracy fight him on it.  "Sabrina wanted him to be with us!"  Whaaaatevr.

• Love 2

I don't think Frank/the writers care enough about Sabrina to kill her off or enough about Michael to use her death to give him story. Michael existed before 2012 so why care about him, and Sabrina seems to be one of the few newbies that they're no longer all that interested in. 

• Love 4

Next week's spoilers: http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2016/09/general-hospital-spoilers-september-5-9-2016-edition/

I cannot believe that Franco is pretty much the show's main character.  It's so horrible.

Dillon moves on with his life.

What does this even mean?

Griffin apologizes to Maxie.

For what, not reporting Nathan's attempted murdering ass to the cops?

Carly asks Nelle to be her assistant.

Fingers crossed that this turns into Nelle finding a way to steal the Metro Court out from under her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dillon moves on with his life.

What does this even mean?

Hopefully it means he's realized he's wasting his wife pining away for that worthless dumbo Kiki.

Duke is not forgotten.

Is this a fucking joke or no?

Ava finds herself responsible for an unfortunate incident.

I'm hoping this means Ava's scheme regarding Morgan is already starting to backfire.

So basically this Hayden/liez thing is the "A" story and Freako will be heavily featured throughout, aka he'll be on screen 3-5 times a week. Fuck this show.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

So basically this Hayden/liez thing is the "A" story and Freako will be heavily featured throughout, aka he'll be on screen 3-5 times a week. Fuck this show.

It's basically Franco's story, even though Liz is the one getting the sister.  It's crazy.

• Love 7