Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I bet, now that Monica's COS

Wait Monica is COS again!!!!  No body told us here on the barge. Is Dr O Dead as Dead can be?  "Captain, Can you dock immediately? I need to give this Awful awful show one more try.  No no I'll keep my drink thank you"

(Sometimes I feel like I am in a 50 year abusive relationship with GH, I walk away and then all it has to do is so very little to lure be back.....is it 2PM yet?)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ch1 said:

I don't think anything in terms of soaps is more annoying than characters being brought back, shit being done with them and then those characters being killed off for a quick OMG moment - except with this show what is so surprising about a character dying violently?  It's just another day isn't it?

Lucas it seems is being AJed.

GH has experienced both extremes--Ron may have loved bringing characters back from the dead too often, but Guza loved killing characters off too often, in a violent way that made it almost impossible to retcon. Neither extreme is good. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Fylaki said:

Wait Monica is COS again!!!!  No body told us here on the barge. Is Dr O Dead as Dead can be?  "Captain, Can you dock immediately? I need to give this Awful awful show one more try.  No no I'll keep my drink thank you"

(Sometimes I feel like I am in a 50 year abusive relationship with GH, I walk away and then all it has to do is so very little to lure be back.....is it 2PM yet?)

Why would they kill off one of their one note villains when they can kill off a legacy character instead?  (In other words, nope, she's not dead.  Not even a little bit.) 

• Love 4

Why would they kill off one of their one note villains when they can kill off a legacy character instead?  (In other words, nope, she's not dead.  Not even a little bit.) 

But she's not COS anymore? I can settle for that since it means we have stopped shitting on Steve Hardy's memory. (See how little it takes...abusive I tell that is what it is)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Fylaki said:

Yeah.  She cried to her son at work because what else does the PCPD have to do in a town run by the mob... 

Imagine a show written by Ron and Guza.  So much history.   So much Jason.  So much death.  But with masks.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

They could kill Leo if they really want impact.   Don't lose a legacy character,  still get the good ol GH mob violence, use it to get Olivia offscreen too.

I'd rather this happened than Lucas dying. Leo is pointless until they decide to SORAS him to teenager, so he might as well be dead.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

She's definitely not COS, but she still works at the hospital. 

And not even as a doctor—she's reorganizing the patient files as "punishment." Nonsensical, like everything else on the fakakta show.

• Love 4

I get it,  Lucas is legacy and gay so he should stay but he's not really around anyway so I can't possibly miss him.  It is really about giving the characters something to react to but for it would be like, so? He is handsome and a decent actor, as far as I can tell but he is kind of invisible for the last couple of months. *shrug*

8 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

They could kill Leo if they really want impact.   Don't lose a legacy character,  still get the good ol GH mob violence, use it to get Olivia offscreen too.  What?  Dead baby too much, but dead gay doctor not?   

Better yet, kill off Avery. Her usefulness ended the second Michael handed her back to Sonny.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Better yet, kill off Avery. Her usefulness ended the second Michael handed her back to Sonny.

In my head, I'm waiting out BC's ego so he leaves and a better actor gets cast as Morgan and then the paternity coverup is revealed.  

1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

Maybe it's just me, but killing off babies, even if they're fictional, makes me...uneasy. Miscarriages are one thing, but babies that have already been born? *squirms* 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, jsbt said:

IMO, they're not that popular. They're just what the network seized on while they and GH were in crisis mode - it was a marginally popular couple and it was at that time (and now) virtually all the show had going, so they tried to promote it like it was the second coming of Sonny and Brenda or Steve and Alice. I thought it was an embarrassing, over-the-top attempt for what was a B-couple at best that had never had great stuff, and I thought the overexposure highlighted all of the writing and the characters and performers' (particularly Julian/deVry) weaknesses, IMO. And I've been a fan of NLG despite her nonsense for a long time.

There are things William deVry can do well and there are things he really can't. He's always been very good at playing a smug dick or a scheming villain, and there have been times I've truly found Julian's relationship with his children, however forced, to be compelling, especially his relationship with Lucas. But he is not a heroic figure or much of a heartthrob, and I can't take him seriously when he attempts to project warmth with Alexis' daughters or tries to pretend to be a decent guy. Also, Julian definitely did not need a new baby. These characters together exist in a nebulous gray area between good and evil and should be portrayed as such - Julian was the snide, cocky metrosexual rich swine opposite Sonny's equally swinish mobster from a different world, but he was a horse of a different color and that's what made him somewhat interesting in the past. Julian is what Julian is. It was the show/network trying to make him something bigger or more palatable that made it a lot worse for me. Because the character can't do it and neither can the actor.

Ironically I actually think what they're giving Julian and Alexis now is the better part of their material - a man who simply doesn't want out of the mob and doesn't care, and a woman tortured by the fact that she can't quit him and doesn't want to, and will live in denial at any cost to keep him in her life. That's the honest truth of that relationship, not their embarrassing sex games that felt like midlife crises, their ridiculous domestic squabbles with Olivia over sweaters and gifts(!!), or Julian pretending he was going to go legit, be some milquetoast tycoon (the show's seen better) and be the one mob boss on GH who has ever actually succeeded in leaving the mob. It was also an insult to our intelligence to try to put him over like he's Jax after we all knew he'd had Duke killed in the streets like a dog (cat). This is actually decent material, though it's not necessarily brilliantly written. And it's true to who they are. But it doesn't leave Julian much room to survive as a character, and if they kill Lucas to facilitate the full impact of this storyline - forget it. You don't need to kill Lucas to make that hit hard. And if they do it'll only make me resent the time wasted more. But that's me.

I want to make a latex mask of this post, then melt down that mask with cheese fondue, and then create a figurine of a dragon out of it.

• Love 5

If they just kill Julian, that could be interesting as well.   Just make Sonny responsible for Julian's murder.   Boom.   Shuts up Molly, causes conflict, mob violence checked, Lucas lives, Ned isn't six degrees away from Sonny, Olivia can go, Sam gets drama, Alexis gets drama,  and funeral.   Then, no one has to put with weird twitter bs from Will DeVry, NLG has a story so she's not ranting.  There's just the Julexis Army, but eh.  

Clean up these nonsensical characters.   

3 hours ago, UYI said:

Maybe it's just me, but killing off babies, even if they're fictional, makes me...uneasy. Miscarriages are one thing, but babies that have already been born? *squirms* 

She's been upstairs and out of sight for quite a while now. Maybe they could just send her away to boarding school for the next sixteen years. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Do the worms return? I can't imagine her health issues are over. They need to put her back into Finn's orbit somehow, unless he's been swallowed by Carly. (Sadly, that's the likely situation.)

I doubt that.  Although Monica did make a point to say she needs to take it easy. And Finn(who yes needs more scenes with Tracy, he's not nearly as interesting with Carly) did say they don't know the long term affects of the infestation. DD is saying Tracy tries to adopt the baby she's seen in the previews with? Probably Sabrina's? Hmmm. Not sure what to make of that.

Edited by IWantCandy71
adding comment
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Does that mean Sabrina is dying?! Because I totally support that turn of events

Hell yeah! Party time (if it happens...which means it probably won't. Sigh!)!

• Love 3

Wait, they're killing off Lucas? Out of all the characters, this is who they choose?

Who needs a doctor on this mob-infested show?  See.  Dr. Matt and Dr. Larrs are rotting in prison and Sonny continues to waltz into police stations and emergency rooms at will and a serial killer still has a job at a hospital working with children.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I miss Jason Cook now.   Random thought, but Dr Matt wasn't a serial killer.  

I would so much rather be watching the beginnings of a Liz/Matt pairing than Liz/Franco.  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I would so much rather be watching the beginnings of a Liz/Matt pairing than Liz/Franco.  

Me too.   And it's so stupid that Matt is still in prison for mercy killing Lisa, when Sonny served 3 mos for murdering AJ, Johnny got a couple of years for murdering Anthony, Cole, and Hope, and Julian got away with various crimes.  Jason also zombie walks among us despite murdering/conspiring to murder/kidnapping/attempting to murder many, Carlos committed #Justice4Duke, Anna tried to kill Carlos, Sabrina tried to kill Avery, Alexis murdered Ted King, Dr O kidnapped everyone and tried to kill Robert, Nina kidnapped Avery and cut her from Ava's womb, and Franco murdered a lot of people and kidnapped multiple kids and dogs.  Free Matt already.   

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

They should at least have a throwaway line about Matt was finally released from prison, if nothing else. OTOH, there was apparently one about Blackie getting out a few years after John Stamos left the show, but almost no one remembers it, so it might not help. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Unofficial Promo - Nurse's Ball

Gross, they put Amy Vining 2.0 front and center. Like Sabrina her first year, she hasn't earned it yet!

6 minutes ago, UYI said:

They should at least have a throwaway line about Matt was finally released from prison, if nothing else. OTOH, there was apparently one about Blackie getting out a few years after John Stamos left the show, but almost no one remembers it, so it might not help. 

I agree, but who's left to care? Patrick and Robin are gone, and Anna is obsessed with JusticeForDuke. Liz has her hands full with Jake and Franco, among others. I can't think of anyone else who was connected to Matt who would say something. Oh! Amy Vining 2.0. She sticks her nose everywhere else, she might as well stick it here.

• Love 1

Caught a little more now. A stripping priest? Yeah, okay Show. ::eyeroll:: Curtis, though? YES PLEASE.

I so hope Morgan gets an eyeful of Dillon and Kiki's kiss, which actually looks kind of cute. Not sure about the hats though. I guess they're in costume.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross, they put Amy Vining 2.0 front and center. Like Sabrina her first year, she hasn't earned it yet!

I agree, but who's left to care? Patrick and Robin are gone, and Anna is obsessed with JusticeForDuke. Liz has her hands full with Jake and Franco, among others. I can't think of anyone else who was connected to Matt who would say something. Oh! Amy Vining 2.0. She sticks her nose everywhere else, she might as well stick it here.

Robin briefly returning would be a good time for it. She and Liz could catch up and mention it. *shrug* 

• Love 2

I spy Lulu, Valerie, Maxie, and Amy 2.0 in a number together.  Am I supposed to believe those four women got together to do a number, given Lulu and Valerie aren't really talking and none of them have ever met Amy 2.0?  Uh, okay.

Why is Felix toasting with Lucas, Brad, and Bobbie?  Fuck off, Felix!

• Love 2
(edited)

What are you talking about? Why wouldn't Maxie and Lulu do a number with Valerie? Nothing happened. That's right. Just keep repeating it to yourself.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
(edited)

The Kiki/Dillon kiss does look kinda cute, but since we know he's there, I'm sure it'll really be all about Morgan and his capital P PAIN.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Why is there literally some random new Nurse Amy? That's insane. It might be cute on another show that wasn't so crass and bereft of ideas, but not this one.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, UYI said:

Robin briefly returning would be a good time for it. She and Liz could catch up and mention it. *shrug*

You're assuming Show will remember that Robin and Liz know each other, let alone are friends. 

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You're assuming Show will remember that Robin and Liz know each other, let alone are friends. 

I'm not QUITE as cynical as the rest of you. I'll leave it to you guys to corrupt me. :P 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The show certainly remembered they were friends enough for Liz to be one of the few Robin shared one on one scenes when she returned last time. And they certainly remembered so they could have Robin absolve Liz of guilt and tell her lying to Jason for a year was perfectly understandable. That's not a friendship that has been forgotten - though I wish it had been.

The show won't have Robin mention Matt because IMO it's just not necessary. Yeah, Lisa sucked and it's unfortunate that Matt had to go to prison when others get away with way worse, but he's off the show and there's no real reason to mention him (and it's not that they've completely forgotten him because I think Maxie and/or Nathan mentioned her marriage to him a couple weeks ago.) I highly doubt the general audience at large is wondering what happened to Matt. He wasn't that important a character.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Why is there literally some random new Nurse Amy? That's insane. It might be cute on another show that wasn't so crass and bereft of ideas, but not this one.

Apparently, we needed another snarky character so Scott Sickles can write meta lines that bitches and makes fun of the other characters. Cause we don't have any of those!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)

I mean, in fairness, it is a historical touch - she's a nurse, her name is (probably coincidentally) Amy and she also loves to gossip, so the soapy cycle goes on. And if this wasn't a show so cynical about how it's exploited its own history after the last few years (as opposed to the more successful ways I felt they sometimes mined it in '12 and '13), or if it didn't all feel so hollow, boring or nihilistic I'd probably be more charmed. But this show doesn't seem to have any spirit or any heart left. They're just marking time and so when they toss in shit like that I just roll my eyes and call it a vacuum of any creativity.

I tried watching the show the other day with poor Anna being demeaned by everyone and the ridiculous Father Griffin character moping at Carlos' bedside and in the chapel - it was all so terrible. Matt Cohen isn't exactly Marlon Brando and he did a hilariously bad job, but he still deserves better than that to work with. What is this show about? You know it's bad when I'm like, 'these people are all boring or terrible, bring on Dr. Finn!'

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Not a serial killer? Clearly, he has no place on this show.

• Love 6

Robin (along with Patrick, Jason, Sam) was used to help try to erase what Liz did. That scene was not about displaying a true friendship the writers "remembered." The show, as usual, went too far and, subsequently, the audience suffered because there was no dramatic consequences to anything. So not only was a character ruined, she was essentially ruined for no reason.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

You know it's bad when I'm like, 'these people are all boring or terrible, bring on Dr. Finn!'

Seriously, how did that happen? Although his scenes are all increasingly with Carly and that's like the only person he is not sparking with this time around. He's good with O. and Monica and Tracy, I even liked his interactions with Joss. I don't even hate his interactions with Carly per se, but there's nothing there.

• Love 6

I think the minute they attempt to put Easton with any conventional female lead he'll tank again. We've seen all he can do there many times. Which is why they shouldn't, though I'm not fully sure what they're doing with him and Carly - I don't think it's for real.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

The NRA?

Seems legit.   But if they sponsor the show all year, do they need a ball as well?  Or is this one of those "guns are great" publicity stunts?   And will Sonny come out to "Rock You Like a Hurricane "?   

6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Caught a little more now. A stripping priest? Yeah, okay Show. ::eyeroll:: Curtis, though? YES PLEASE.

I so hope Morgan gets an eyeful of Dillon and Kiki's kiss, which actually looks kind of cute. Not sure about the hats though. I guess they're in costume.

LOL. Indeed, Griffin stripping? It's things like this that really catches the eye. I don't mind Griffin performing at the NB, but how about something not requiring the removal of clothing? I know he has a good body and everything but the writers went out of their way to tell us he's a priest. Allow the character to live by that.

• Love 2