Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I think it's completely lame and unnecessary that Silas, out of all the characters, needs to be killed off. Just have him leave town or just never mention him again. This story is a waste of time.

• Love 8

Ava and Morgan at the obvious choices. But also:

Franco--pissed that Silas kept quiet when people accused Nina of kidnapping Avery & contributing to Nina thinking she's crazy again

Nina--see above

Sonny--mad at Silas for taking his property and using it to save "worthless" Ava

Ric--mad that Silas came clean (or plans to) which derailed Ric's plans

Magda--same as above, plus never liked Silas

Nathan--FOR NINA!! Who used to be his purpose for living/existing when he came to town

Dr. O--to get on Nathan's good side, I guess

Or how about Lucy?  She's been acting nutty lately (i.e. siding with Nikolas over the Quartermaines).  Maybe she mistook Silas for Stephen Clay and stakes him.

Next week, IMO, sounds really boring.  Sounds like Silas dies as he lived, in a story I don't give two figs about.

• Love 1

heh, I was thinking the opposite, actually. I mean, not that this is the most exciting thing ever, but I was thinking how sad it was Silas' exit had more of a ripple effect than Luke's, and how I was more interested in it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'll miss ME more than TG.

I miss Franco's lawyer, the skipper who helped Freaks & Neens "escape" to Canada, Judge Country, and that nurse who made that snappy remark to Carly about Sonny, all each more than I miss Tony.

ETA: Seriously, I wish Tony well in his "next act", but I sincerely hope he never appears on "General Hospital" again. And frankly, I don't want to see him anything, anywhere else either.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 9
(edited)

"That's a good question, actually. I just remembered this, but Lynn had a very brief stint on ATWT* during the last year or so of that show (and she got to work with Stuart Damon again, too!), when Jean would have been there, so it's possible it might continue.

*I want to say there was a meta "I know you" scene between her and Jon that I saw on YT once, but I can't remember.

ETA: Kin was on ATWT at one point, too. He may have been in on a meta scene like that himself."

A little deja vu. The final years at ATWT were something of a full-employment program for ABC actors in general, and GH in particular, which fans really did not appreciate. Nothing against the actors, but just as GH fans resent the time given to the OLTL characters, there were characters ATWT fans would have preferred come back.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 1
Poor Silas- I will miss his snarkiness.

Ron totally wasted ME's dry humor. RoHo is pretty good, but Franco is the last person who should be snarking around town, unless it's aimed at Morgan. It's open season on Morgan, as far as I'm concerned. (Sorry, ulkis!)

• Love 4

Ron totally wasted ME's dry humor. RoHo is pretty good, but Franco is the last person who should be snarking around town, unless it's aimed at Morgan. It's open season on Morgan, as far as I'm concerned. (Sorry, ulkis!)

I'm fine with that! I've turned. I still think the kid has potential, but when Morgan started being all "God just get over it already Mikey" around February, I'm fine with whoever wants to snark at him. Except Franco, cause he's Franco.

• Love 3
(edited)

heh, I was thinking the opposite, actually. I mean, not that this is the most exciting thing ever, but I was thinking how sad it was Silas' exit had more of a ripple effect than Luke's, and how I was more interested in it.

But it's ripple effecting people and SERIAL KILLERS I don't care about.  And the idea of watching Kiki mourn makes me want to stab my eyes out.

I do think ME does well with dry wit, but Silas was - just like John McBain - all monotone and man pain and how all these wimmen were just ruining his life.  Good riddance.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I would much rather see the end of Franco than the end of Silas.  Silas is inoffensive and seldom seen.  Franco, on the other hand, is an assault on my sense of the absurd. I have never approved of Franco regardless of who which actor had the bad sense to play him.

• Love 7
It would have involved giving women a storyline, and diverting focus from Jasus. Of course Guza never explored it.

Oh, I have no doubt that, if Guza had done a story about Helena going after Alexis and her girls, it would have been ALL about Sonny and Jason saving them.  And maybe Luke would have teamed up with them if Tony wasn't on vacation at the time. 

(edited)

There is nothing that could make me miss Silas Clay.

*bookmarking this post just in case it is needed for evidence later on*

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I would much rather see the end of Franco than the end of Silas.  Silas is inoffensive and seldom seen.  Franco, on the other hand, is an assault on my sense of the absurd. I have never approved of Franco regardless of who which actor had the bad sense to play him.

Oh believe me, if I was a SERIAL KILLER like Franco, Franco would be the first name on my kill list.

But I'm not shedding any tears for Silas.  He may be inoffensive and seldom seen now, but Ron and Frank spent a huge chunk of last year pushing him on us.  That Nina and Donna Mills are here is because they were creating and spinning story for Silas.  That deserves a death sentence in and of itself.

• Love 11

The teary-eyed picture they chose of Kiki has me dreeeading watching her grieve.  

Ditto her eventual wailing when Franco takes the rap for Nina.  "How could you kill my father, you're my SERIAL KILLER best friend!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Yawn.

GH needs to up the ante, fast. Days is really starting to try and capitalize on its big anniversary. Including an aged teen scene with Patch/Kayla's and Bo/Hope's aged kids, etc. (The pic of Bo/Hope's daughter in the Days forum looks a lot like KA.)

I hope things pick up in a hurry. Pretend it's GH's anniversary again and get things going! Resolve Jason, expose Nik and Liz. With RC gone, now's the time.

• Love 5

Oh, FFS.

I'm annoyed I never got my Johnny/Olivia double date, or even just a Liz/Lucky/Lulu/Dante double date, but I get a Lulu/Dante/paper-thin characterization/mannequin double date.

• Love 10

I'm annoyed I never got my Johnny/Olivia double date, or even just a Liz/Lucky/Lulu/Dante double date, but I get a Lulu/Dante/paper-thin characterization/mannequin double date.

It annoys me that they're portraying this as Lulu has feelings for Dillon now. This show will go to great lengths to protect the male characters.

• Love 1

It annoys me that they're portraying this as Lulu has feelings for Dillon now. This show will go to great lengths to protect the male characters.

I don't think they've shown Lulu as having feelings for Dillon, nor do see anything in the spoilers that points that way . . . yet.

Admittedly, I don't hate them protecting Dante's butt, since I think the whole cheating scenario wasn't in-character at all. But I think they're both being protected here. Lulu did mess up by leaving and lying to Dante and pretty much putting her dad's wishes first, but Dante's cheating has pretty much made all that a non-factor now, because none of it justified his cheating even one little bit. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

You didn't think the look on Lulu's face when Dillon was telling her about going on a date with Val was weird? It's possible I'm seeing things.

I wasn't really paying attention, but I think it could be also spun as Lulu getting annoyed that Valerie is now moving in on another person in her life.

I wasn't really paying attention, but I think it could be also spun as Lulu getting annoyed that Valerie is now moving in on another person in her life.

Could be that, but I think it's strange that this cheating storyline isn't focused more on Dante doing a terrible thing and it eating away at him. It's more about Valerie continuously running into him while he acts like a jealous tool.

I could also see it being some kind of "so now she figures if she dates one of my friends, she has an excuse to hang around me and Dante" kind of thing.   Or - "she knows Dante was jealous of me spending time with Dillon, so now she thinks she can make him jealous by hanging out with Dillon." 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 4

Could be that, but I think it's strange that this cheating storyline isn't focused more on Dante doing a terrible thing and it eating away at him. It's more about Valerie continuously running into him while he acts like a jealous tool.

I thought Dante seemed pretty guilty on Monday. He was practically pulling a Lenny with that hug. :shrug: My expectations are low, admittedly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think tvgoddess is the person you have to worry about more here, for him and Ava. :)

Eh, I'm more concerned with getting Ava back to the way she used to be, and burying Denise forever. I have no illusions about Ava and Morgan staying together, and who knows what the new regime is going to do? I did eventually think that Morgan would be revealed as Avery's dad, but now I'm not so sure.

• Love 2

I think Morgan will still be revealed as Avery's father, if only because the last thing Sonny needs is another kid. I think MB has said he doesn't want Sonny to have more kids—and I agree—so this is a way the show can have its cake and eat it for a while.

• Love 6

I think Morgan will still be revealed as Avery's father, if only because the last thing Sonny needs is another kid. I think MB has said he doesn't want Sonny to have more kids—and I agree—so this is a way the show can have its cake and eat it for a while.

I've always felt like that was the plan.  It was just timed too well with Carly wanting to get back into Sonny's life and her being the one they needed to test the baby against to see if Morgan could be the father.  Carly had to have done something to rig the test, because it would serve two purposes for her.  1) I can't imagine she wanted her son to be tied to Ava for the next 18 years with a kid.  And, 2) she could use the baby to worm back into Sonny's life (because if there's a baby to be taken care of, he's certainly not doing that shit himself).  Whether the new writers will follow through on that is up for grabs.  But I do think that MB might at least try to push for it a little, given that, like you said, he has said Sonny has enough kids.  

My guess is that the initial plan was to have this all eventually lead to a three way custody battle.  Sonny and Carly trying to hold onto their granddaughter in one corner, Morgan trying to get his daughter in another, and Ava/Denise in the third corner (either as herself or still Denise).  I'm assuming this would come after Morgan finds out who she is, but not necessarily after everyone else in town finds out who she is.  

Personally, if I was the new writer, I'd switch that up and put Ava and Morgan in it together and make Michael and Sabrina the third couple going for custody.  It could be after Sonny gets into another mob war and Michael realizes that he was wrong to give in, and while he may have initially gone after Avery for the "wrong" reason - to make Sonny suffer - now he's ready to go after her for the right reasons - because he loves his sister and he truly believes that Sonny's life in the mob will never allow her to be safe under his roof.  

• Love 8

If I were the writers I'd ship Avery off to some off screen relative. Ava and Sonny don't care about the kids they already have and neither Morgan nor Michael need to be saddled with a kid. No one involved benefits from having to deal with that baby. 

• Love 2

If I were the writers I'd ship Avery off to some off screen relative. Ava and Sonny don't care about the kids they already have and neither Morgan nor Michael need to be saddled with a kid. No one involved benefits from having to deal with that baby. 

I can't help but feel bad for Ava.  Her child was ripped out of her womb, she's only gotten to hold her for a grand total of many five minutes, and now she's being actively kept away from her.  Cut the poor woman a break already!

• Love 2

They're speculating about the the recast of a recast. I thought that was already determined to be Lexi coming back as Kristina.

That's most likely the case. I highly doubt many fans were clamoring for Kiki to stay on the show in any incarnation, in contrast to what the article claimed.

I can't help but feel bad for Ava.  Her child was ripped out of her womb, she's only gotten to hold her for a grand total of many five minutes, and now she's being actively kept away from her.  Cut the poor woman a break already!

I don't feel bad for her at all. She claims to love her daughter Kiki but she continues sleeping with Morgan and lying to her about actually being her mother. Because telling the truth would be inconvenient to Ava. When Silas told her that he was going to tell Kiki the truth, her main concern was that she would be exposed and sent to prison. Not because she would be unable to see either of her daughters but because she would be sent to prison where she belongs. Silas is right. Ava is sociopath who never gave a damn about her.

Sure Kiki sucks but I blame Ava for how she raised her.

• Love 12

Fans did not warm up to old Kiki either - because Kiki is a terrible, terrible character

Yeah, I don't buy it, either. Being tall and blonde are the least of Kiki's problems; there's so much wrong with the character and her "storylines". The prospect of Kiki staying long term enough to warrant another recast was frightening, to say the least.

About.com spoilers :

Jordan investigates Avery's kidnapping

Jake/Sam wonder how much they can truat Liz

Scotty wonders if the ELQ takeover was legal

Nathan suspects Ric is gaslighting Nina.

Jake/Sam are surprised by what they find when they investigate Nik.

Sam admits to Patrick something she's been keeping from him. It involves Jake.

My objection to Silas getting the auf includes another factor: he's a doctor. On a show called General Hospital. They're a rare animal.

• Love 1

About.com spoilers :

Jordan investigates Avery's kidnapping

Why are they now looking at Avery's kidnapping? She was kidnapped months ago. Is Ron trying to insinuate it wasn't Silas that kidnapped her?

Sam admits to Patrick something she's been keeping from him. It involves Jake.

I think I'm starting to hate PodPatrick more than PatPrick. If this were Robin, Patrick eviscerate her, shame her and then cheat on her. Patrick was jealous pissed over Robin's relationship with Stone who had been dead over a decade. Yet, he sits and allows Sam to drone on about St. Jasus and Jakeson while smiling.

I swear I might break my TV the next time he's pissy or snide about Robin being in Paris.

• Love 3