Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/27/2016 at 8:40 AM, Scout Finch said:

It drove me crazy how Frankie kept looking straight at the camera on The Price is Right, which no one else did. It's not.about.you. I found it interesting that Austin was nowhere near Liz. They might have just been arranged by height but there still seemed to be a disconnect.

Apparently they have broken up. It happened right after Julia & Liz moved to LA. I know this because I followed them on Twitter- it was a brief mistake- which I have since rectified by unfollowing them both haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4
(edited)

House pics are starting to leak. 

Seems like maybe some kind of travel/around the world type theme I guess.

I can't at there being actual sand on the bathroom floor. LMAO! I hope that's just for the Julie tour and they'll remove it before the HGs move in.

I love the skywalk area.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

That sand is so gross. I can only imagine hairy, wet, clumpy sand after you get out of the shower. And the way these people put their feet everywhere, sand will be in every bed. I do like that the house looks nice and bright though. The dark houses are so depressing, I can't imagine being stuck in those with all the wood paneling and the like on the long lockdowns. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

That sand is so gross. I can only imagine hairy, wet, clumpy sand after you get out of the shower. And the way these people put their feet everywhere, sand will be in every bed. I do like that the house looks nice and bright though. The dark houses are so depressing, I can't imagine being stuck in those with all the wood paneling and the like on the long lockdowns. 

Can sand catch an STD ?  </sarcasm>

• Love 3

When the ants make their annual pilgrimage inside the house, I imagine they're gonna looove that sand.

Honestly, no group of HGs ever seem to clean the bathroom unless prompted by BB for a live show. Maybe they figure that raking the floor will be easier than vacuuming? 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

When the ants make their annual pilgrimage inside the house, I imagine they're gonna looove that sand.

Swear to god - my very first thought when I read that was, "At least the ants will be able to have a nice day at the beach."

Second thought: "Apparently TPTB decided to drop all pretext, embrace the show's inherent cattiness, and put in a great big freaking litter box."

• Love 6

There might be a bit of "we looked at other BB houses" in this one, actually - the latest BBUK house just got unveiled, and its bathroom? Grass. I'm not sure if it's coincidental that both of them have gone for such idiotic, similar themes or if some random eastern European version had the idea and they've both decided to copy it, but... it's odd.

• Love 2

I was not really sure where to put this but this seems like the best place.  CBS did a, Where Are They Now?, thing about the winners of Big Brother.  It was a little interesting but I did notice that there was one glaring absence and that was Adam.  I guess they do not want to acknowledge the winner who ended up in prison for selling drugs.  Oddly enough they did include Drew who was arrested as well.

I must say Lisa still looks great even after all of these years and Jun looks totally different.  Maybe it was the picture of Jun that made her look different but yeah she looks a lot different.  I also did not know that she was living in Belgium now. 

I have been googling and can find nothing on that including youtube.  

10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Where did you see this, @BK1978?

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I was not really sure where to put this but this seems like the best place.  CBS did a, Where Are They Now?, thing about the winners of Big Brother.  It was a little interesting but I did notice that there was one glaring absence and that was Adam.  I guess they do not want to acknowledge the winner who ended up in prison for selling drugs.  Oddly enough they did include Drew who was arrested as well.

I must say Lisa still looks great even after all of these years and Jun looks totally different.  Maybe it was the picture of Jun that made her look different but yeah she looks a lot different.  I also did not know that she was living in Belgium now. 

I am quoting you so you will see it in notifications.  Please supply a link if you can.   Thx

33 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I actually saw it on this site under the Promoted Stories section.  Normally I would not even look at anything down there because I assume that it is click bait but it seemed to lead me to the CBS site.  Here is the link that I have which leads you directly to Jordan's page...http://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/sme/479/big-brother-winners-then-and-now-/?ftag=ACQ9ed3737&vndid=5345515.

Thanks.  I thought this was interesting.

Derrick Levasseur, now

Back home, Derrick spends lots of time with his wife and two daughters. He recently confirmed that he will appear on an upcoming investigative series about a high-profile court case. 

Ok, as much as I didn't like Rachel much on the show, I admired her strategy and she is actually one of the best female contestants. I don't know how that happened, but it did. And her daughter is kind of cute. But Adora as a name? I guess we're supposed to adora her? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Thanks.  I thought this was interesting.

Derrick Levasseur, now

Back home, Derrick spends lots of time with his wife and two daughters. He recently confirmed that he will appear on an upcoming investigative series about a high-profile court case. 

Yea, it's that show from Martin Sheen about OJ being innocent. LOL.

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

As long as Derrick never returns to BB I'll be happy.

So I was one of the biggest complainers during BB16 about how Derrick's name was inked on the cheque by week 4 or so and how he was the Fun Police. But I'd love to see him come back for something like an All Star season. Because he can't pull the same strategy again. Everyone knows his gameplay from that season, everyone knows his background, and he'd have to come out with something new and fresh in order to make it to jury even. I think it could be fun. But it'll probably never happen so I'll just keep dreaming.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But I'd love to see him come back for something like an All Star season. Because he can't pull the same strategy again. Everyone knows his gameplay from that season, everyone knows his background, and he'd have to come out with something new and fresh in order to make it to jury even. I think it could be fun.

I agree, but I am fairly sure he couldn't possibly do it and he probably knows that so he'll never play again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, it's that show from Martin Sheen about OJ being innocent. LOL.

Oh good god.  I have never liked Sheen and said that many times in the Grace and Frankie thread for other reasons.  I never knew he thought OJ innocent.   

(edited)
3 hours ago, alihart41 said:

The middle link, for the TVGuide.com article?  Pure gold. Be sure to read the comments on the article as well.

ETA: and so is the last link - also from TVGuide.com.  Be sure to check out ALL the GIFs as you go.  :D

Edited by Nashville
Just now, Nashville said:

Agree - but I never want to see or hear Jozea ever ever again.

But what a treat while it lasted. I do fear shenanigans because I have a feeling production would love to see him again.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2016 at 8:42 PM, Nashville said:

The middle link, for the TVGuide.com article?  Pure gold. Be sure to read the comments on the article as well.

ETA: and so is the last link - also from TVGuide.com.  Be sure to check out ALL the GIFs as you go.  :D

Oh good lord, and WTF.  His delusional ass needs to make it back into the house!

5 hours ago, Nashville said:

big-brother-season-18-cast-nude-3.jpg

Is it wrong of me that I looked at this image, and my first thought was:

"Oh, so THAT'S what happened to Michelle's extensions"...?

I don't get it.  Walk me through it. :^)

• Love 2

Good gravy, that photo shoot is hilarious. And I'm assuming a bit photoshopped.

In completely unrelated news, watching Vintage House Hunters (or Hunting  Vintage, whatever they're calling it), in the very first show I did an immediate double-take at the friend of the hunter. "Is that MARCELLAS of BB fame?" The hunter was from LA, and... ta-da: yes, his friend Marcellas is helping him look! Not great with links, but the original airdate was 7/14 on HGTV for anyone who's interested. It's a nice throwback to the good ol' days of BB awesomeness.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, here's some interesting and surprising news:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/07/big-brother-19-fall/

It sounds really legit, so I guess we won't have to wait too long for a new Big Brother season to air.

That is a mixed bag for me.  This show takes a lot of time.  If Glenn is a BB fan that must mean he is not all that happy with the casting director for this season's mess.  Could this be our gift to say, I am so sorry? :^)

• Love 1
(edited)

That really does sound legit but I can't really imagine them doing it. They already have the fall schedule set up. And there's like virtually no way they could air it 3 nights a week in the fall.

Edited by peachmangosteen

It is such a cheap show, I can see them squeezing it in somewhere (maybe less than 3 nights/week?).  I was watching the new $100,000 pyramid last week and some guy took home like $108K in a 30 min show.  I immediately said "that's more than 2nd place money in 4 months of Big Brother".

I don't really want it though. I need a break!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TimWil said:

According to this UK newspaper "Broadway actor Freddie Grande" will be on Celebrity Big Brother starting on Thursday. Heh heh. Can't wait. My DailyMotion pals better not let me down!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/celebrity-big-brother-2016-contestant-line-up-contestants-christopher-biggins-channel-5-sam-fox-a7156916.html

That mistake really made me laugh hard. If Frankie saw that, he'd flip his shit.

Otherwise, I don't know any of the other contestants. Can I say that they're C and D list celebrities?