Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Who thinks that wall between the pink and blue rooms will stay open?   I think maybe in the beginning as they get to know each other, but once the have not room is created and people find out who the snorers are that wall will go back up.

Also, need that room separated for more opportunities for private talks.  In a lockdown, not too many places to go.  

18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Correction to my original post: four sinks...in the bathroom.

Correction to my original response: Four places to not wash their hands after using the toilet?  Cool.  :D

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Oh, that just brings up memories of the chef...Chef Joe? Ugh. I think I've blocked out other worst offenders. I just hope they have all new dish towels this year...

The one that always pops to my mind on this... topic... is Gerry on BB3.

(BTW - BB3 was my first BB season ever, and the Danelle complaints about Gerry’s hygiene was my very first episode. What can I say?  I was flabbergasted enough to get hooked.  :)

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • Love 5
(edited)

Holy shit. I wish that rock climbing wall was there last season. We could have watched Raven fling herself off of it every day for more attention and more injuries. "Y'all, I can't undercook your porkchops. Didn't you see? I FAY-ELL OFF THE WALL-UH!" If I were on this season, you'd all get to see me climb to the top and then start screaming in fear that I couldn't get down, too high up! HELP!

The sliding bedroom doors are interesting. I would be all over that pink bedroom. And way to go, BB, always being two years behind everyone else with the stupid Wall O'Fidget Spinners. Although if Ian was going to be one of the returnees (I think Ian himself debunked it), that would have been a perfect room for him. 

ETA:

Okay, now that I'm looking at the stills in the CBS gallery, that kitchen seating around the dining room table looks uncomfortable as fuck. Like, ladies who has not so tight thighs, don't sit there. Trust me. Pinchy-ouchy city. LOVE the neon doughnut and gummy bear. 

The lounge got a nice face-lift this year. It looks like it could hold a lot more people comfortably. The pin wall looks like fun. I used to love playing with that at Science World when I was a kid. As an adult, I would totally be leaving swear words on it and then wandering away like I had no idea who put "Eat a bag of dicks, Paul" on it. 

The foosball table upstairs is going to be broken in no time. What, the cast isn't bright enough for a chess board? Any thoughts on the video games up on the Skybridge? I wonder if they're going to be part of a twist. 

The HoH bedroom kinda reminds me of a Lite Brite on the walls, so I'm all for that. Though I hope the panels turns off when the lights go off, otherwise being HoH is going to suck. 

The backyard is as meh as ever. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Holy shit. I wish that rock climbing wall was there last season. We could have watched Raven fling herself off of it every day for more attention and more injuries. "Y'all, I can't undercook your porkchops. Didn't you see? I FAY-ELL OFF THE WALL-UH!" If I were on this season, you'd all get to see me climb to the top and then start screaming in fear that I couldn't get down, too high up! HELP!

Back in college I used to be an assistant rock climbing instructor, and boy howdy believe me - that happens more often than you’d think, or than I care to remember.  Nothing in the world to better perfect your belay fall recovery technique than to have some macho football jock (who outweighs you by some 60+ pounds) get 40-50’ up a rock face, look down, freeze up, then take you 6-8’ off the ground when the sewing machine legs kick in and he shakes himself loose.  :D

And way to go, BB, always being two years behind everyone else with the stupid Wall O'Fidget Spinners. Although if Ian was going to be one of the returnees (I think Ian himself debunked it), that would have been a perfect room for him. 

We’d never seen him again - and I’d be pretty ok with that.  :>

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Back in college I used to be an assistant rock climbing instructor, and boy howdy believe me - that happens more often than you’d think, or than I care to remember.  Nothing in the world to better perfect your belay fall recovery technique than to have some macho football jock (who outweighs you by some 60+ pounds) get 40-50’ up a rock face, look down, freeze up, then take you 6-8’ off the ground when the sewing machine legs kick in and he shakes himself loose.  :D

I once climbed on top of a bunk bed at a friend's place and almost had to ask for help to get down. (Psst, it was nine years ago. So not a fan of heights. You can't even pick me up off the ground without me meeping a little.)

17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

We’d never seen him again - and I’d be pretty ok with that.  :>

Co-signed. Although they probably make just as much noise as the hammock. I wonder how many people are going to sit in that room and count every fidget spinner, and then every yellow one, every three pronged one versus round ones... 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Sounds interesting - but good lord, this show already takes up WAY too much of my life as it is.  :>

All you'd have to do is pick 4 HGs!

From a Winston interview: "What he's looking for in a potential ally: I would love to connect with a bro, have a little bromance off the bat." Yep, just as I expected.

I haven't looked at the house yet, but it sounds awesome.

I reserve the right to change my mind once it comes into play, but I'm kind of excited about this social media twist. To me, it seems like it's designed to weed out the boring, do-nothing houseguests that are just there to take up space like Matt from last year. My impression is that the punishments are going to be for those whom the audience feels mostly indifferent towards, and not for the hated houseguests, because whether you're hated or loved you're still inspiring conversation and thus are "trending." So if this incites people to cease with the 10 hour naps and actually make an effort to entertain me, I'm all for it :).

I'm less excited about the fact that the HOH now has the power to "spy" on 3 rooms. On the one hand, that is going to limit a lot of back-dealing and secret strategy sessions that I love to watch so much. On the other hand, this forces the HG's to come up with some crafty ways in which to conspire. Can you imagine people from different factions in the house all scurrying into the storage room in order to scheme in private and awkwardly trying to act like that's not the reason they went in there once they run into their enemies? That could be entertaining.

peachmangosteen, I'm totally down for a BB fantasy game. Count me in!

• Love 2
On 6/19/2018 at 11:05 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Who wants to go to a "life coach" that is 24?!?

Seriously! I was definitely like, "Huh, who would listen to a kid tell them how to live their life?" Then again, a friend of mine worked for one of those weight loss companies. He's in his 40s, but he works with 20 year olds who are "weight loss coaches" and these older rich ladies definitely DO listen them. Hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Sounds interesting - but good lord, this show already takes up WAY too much of my life as it is.  :>

Yeah, that's the same reason I don't do baseball fantasy. It's way too much time for something I already spend way too much time on. :)

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Seriously! I was definitely like, "Huh, who would listen to a kid tell them how to live their life?" Then again, a friend of mine worked for one of those weight loss companies. He's in his 40s, but he works with 20 year olds who are "weight loss coaches" and these older rich ladies definitely DO listen them. Hilarious. 

Hey, you just gave me an idea.  I’m in my 50s.  I should find a 20something fitness coach and offer to trade life coaching for fitness coaching.  Win-win!  ;)

• Love 1

I'll try the fantasy league. I have no clue what you do but I'll give it a shot.

BB:OTT had audience participation and it made it more exciting, especially when there was such a clear divide in the house - and in the fans. It was Good vs. Evil, and America's voting chose a winner from the Good team. There was a lot of strategizing in the BALLSMASHERS chat room.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I don't know about that rock wall. Someone could get injured on that and do we really want stir crazy house guests access to rope?

I have a feeling we'll be hearing a lot of "STOP THAT" around that wall. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, that's the same reason I don't do baseball fantasy. It's way too much time for something I already spend way too much time on. :)

For the BB fantasy game all you'd have to do is pick the HGs you think will get you the most points (points come from winning HOHs/vetos, etc) and I'll do the work of tallying it up each week.

Edited by peachmangosteen
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

For the BB fantasy game all you'd have to do is pick the HGs you think will get you the most points (points come from winning HOHs/vetos, etc) and I'll do the work of tallying it up each week.

Okay.  Put me down for Sam, Kaycee, Winston and Brett.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm fine with that as long as it provides me the kind of drama I'm watching this shit show to see.

Totally. I'm gonna be following him on the feeds as soon as they turn on because he seems like he's going to be the main entertainment for the first week or so, until the Douche Bro alliance inevitably takes over. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

By when do we have to choose?  I started watching the interviews, didn't finish and retained nothing of what I saw.  

(edited)
On 6/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, Lady Calypso said:

If they wanted 20 to be special, they could have made it All Stars. Bringing back past favourites, 

Are there any past favorites? I suspect they'd bring back most of the people I hate,  given that I end up hating most of the people on BB. LOL -  Come up with the most hated cast you can, starting with Mike Boogie, ED, Frankie and Paul.  And then could you stand to watch it?

PS : Hi all. Glad to see ya back, and to be back.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/20/2018 at 12:47 PM, RandomWatcher said:

I don't know about that rock wall. Someone could get injured on that and do we really want stir crazy house guests access to rope?

Unless they give the HGs a little training I figure the climbing wall will last just as long as it takes for somebody to really hurt themselves on in.

BIG Gummy Bear - 18120 little ones to fill it -  remember that number!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Unless they give the HGs a little training I figure the climbing wall will last just as long as it takes for somebody to really hurt themselves on in.

This just made me think it'll probably already be taken down and replaced by the time the feeds start!

Also, just in case anyone missed it, I'm doing a fantasy game this season. There aren't really too many entries yet, so please join up! It's super easy. All you have to do is pick your team and I (and @Lady Calypso) will do the rest!

The climbing wall makes me think of that time they showed the house before the season, and the bathroom(I think?) was covered in sand. By the time the show premiered, that sand was gone, as if someone actually got a clue. Although, with the wall, they are probably pot committed at this point.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, gunderda said:

when do feeds start?  After the west coast show on Wed or Thursday? 

My optimism says sooner than later if there really are no surprise "returners" then there's nothing for them to hide with the feeds and they can let them start as soon as the show airs on the east coast... I'm sure I'll have my hopes dashed though. 

2 hours ago, Lisin said:

My optimism says sooner than later if there really are no surprise "returners" then there's nothing for them to hide with the feeds and they can let them start as soon as the show airs on the east coast... I'm sure I'll have my hopes dashed though. 

Yea probably wishful thinking.... generally feeds start after the west coast airs.  I just don't know if they're only doing Wednesday premier or a Wed & Thurs premier?  I think last year it was a 2 episode premier so they didn't start live feeds until Thursday night/Friday morning.

I'm still holding out for a coupon code to use!

5 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Last night (9pm) the timer on the feeds said 3 days and I think 6 hours.  So that's looking like late Thursday night.

Yeah I forgot I could check that, it looks like it will be 1am Friday Morning so you're totally right. Late Thursday night. 

A little more info on the stupid twist of the season (which has probably been repeated in many interviews but hey, this is the one I came across).

Julie Chen: We are also calling this season very interactive. We have something called the BBapp store this year. It’s kind of like the Den of Temptations from last year. Basically, fans go to CBS.com and answers questions about the houseguests like ‘Who’s the most annoying?’ ‘Who’s this and who’s that?’ and whoever gets the most clicks gets to go into the virtual app store and gets some sort of power or perk in the house. And the person with the least amount of clicks will get something bad, some sort of punishment.

From Global News (Canada)

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Yea probably wishful thinking.... generally feeds start after the west coast airs.  I just don't know if they're only doing Wednesday premier or a Wed & Thurs premier?  I think last year it was a 2 episode premier so they didn't start live feeds until Thursday night/Friday morning.

I'm still holding out for a coupon code to use!

I do know they're doing a two hour premiere this year, but feeds aren't starting until after Thursday night's episode. It's bugging me because I can't remember whether they typically do two hour premieres in one night or if it's been the two hours spread out over two nights. Wednesday seems to be two hours, and then an additional Thursday episode before the feeds turn on.

Either way, yeah, we aren't getting feeds until after Thursday night, when I guess they'll have the HOH stuff and noms already given to the viewers. 

3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

A little more info on the stupid twist of the season (which has probably been repeated in many interviews but hey, this is the one I came across).

From Global News (Canada)

I gotta say, that's going to suck for someone like Steve or Scottie if they don't make a good impression right off the bat. 

This twist is going to fail hard, I bet. Either the most likable houseguest is going to get the perk, or the most dramatic. And then I don't think it'll matter much with the punishment, since it'll go to the most invisible houseguest, rather than someone who actually deserves the punishment. 

Also, this twist will last....exactly two weeks, I'm calling it. They may push it to a third week, but I'd be very surprised if it lasts to the fourth or fifth week.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do know they're doing a two hour premiere this year, but feeds aren't starting until after Thursday night's episode. It's bugging me because I can't remember whether they typically do two hour premieres in one night or if it's been the two hours spread out over two nights. Wednesday seems to be two hours, and then an additional Thursday episode before the feeds turn on.

I'm fairly sure at least the past couple years it's been 2 hours on Wednesday, 1 hour on Thursday, feeds start after the west coast airing on Thursday. I guess that's the formula they're going with now.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, I don't hate the idea of it, but I know the execution will suck. And that everyone I love will get punishments and everyone I hate will get prizes. But, luckily, the twists usually fizzle out fast as hell!

Didn't the Den of Temptation take forever-and-a-day every week? And the feeds were down during it. So I expect long feed outages for this.

I won't even be able to vote so this whole thing is a "meh" from me. 

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, this twist will last....exactly two weeks, I'm calling it. They may push it to a third week, but I'd be very surprised if it lasts to the fourth or fifth week.

For once, I think this twist isn't going to fizzle out and die. I mean, it will for us but I think this is going to be one of those lame horses that they force to limp through to the end. Lucky us?

• Love 3

For once, I think this twist isn't going to fizzle out and die. I mean, it will for us but I think this is going to be one of those lame horses that they force to limp through to the end. Lucky us?

I don't think you're entirely wrong here, but I also thought the same about the Den of Temptation, and that died out very quickly...followed by the stupid Tree of Temptation. Granted, Paul was the one who was pissing off the behind the scenes people and telling everyone to essentially stick their middle finger at the hard workers who wanted to create some ok twists....and the Tree was technically doomed from the start, as a way to try to cause some drama with Paul and his minions, but they didn't take the bait.

But I guess it all depends on the reaction to the houseguests once the show actually starts. If they're a hit, they'll push the BB App Store for probably about six weeks. If they aren't, then they might find a way to kill it off quietly and quickly. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I forgot about Den of Temptation already lol.

Ugh I didn't think about it but yea there will probably be hours long feed blacksouts every Friday again. Never mind, I hate this twist.

• Love 2

I'm going to go on record as saying that they'll keep this twist around, or at least bring it back when they need to. 

Example: America, who deserves to be saved from the block this week, with only 3 contestants remaining in the house? Kaycee, Tyler, or PAUL? Friendship forever! Don't forget, Paul's been 2nd place for the last 2 years, but with your help, he can win! Vote PAUL! Voting open until showtime. Spoiler alert: Paul will win the vote, no matter what. Vote away! #HappyVoting

Can't you just see it now??

• Love 2
(edited)

The only time viewers had any real power was on season 1 where the players nominated would be evictees and America voted one out.  I think that was how it worked.  And viewers voted out all the annoying players.  No red state vs blue state crap.  Just everyone united in getting out annoying idiots.  It felt good.

I liked season 1 because I'm not into "drama" and "villains" and I liked the idea of building something positive and Chicken George was fun and, blissfully, a regular working class guy looking for his 15 minutes instead of endless bratty spoiled mactors who never worked an honest day in their lives.  I remember that one college actually gave one of his daughters a full scholarship when he didn't win since he was playing to try and earn enough for her tuition.  That moment was the high water mark of this show when it changed a young high school girl's life forever.  It went downhill after that season and never developed into what it could have been.

Edited by green
  • Love 2