Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Heh, BB 15's Amanda just Instagrammed that she's checking the site nearly every hour to find out whether or not Christmas has had her kid yet.

Does.not.look.like.her.at.all. Hopefully, she’s in a happy place. I don’t think reality tv is for her. Especially BB. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Heh, BB 15's Amanda just Instagrammed that she's checking the site nearly every hour to find out whether or not Christmas has had her kid yet.

To update this, Christmas did have her baby boy. Unsurprisingly, he has a weird name:

jgub3kke08r11.jpg?width=514&s=fa1a3f171c

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

To update this, Christmas did have her baby boy. Unsurprisingly, he has a weird name:

jgub3kke08r11.jpg?width=514&s=fa1a3f171c

Loyal?

Also I wonder if Amanda and eventually Jessica will keep to the trend of unusual baby names

Edited by RandomWatcher
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gunderda said:

So I'm not sure why they would have a Marina del Rey PO Box and not live in that town. 

"That town" is really kind of small, bordering on several other towns including Culver City and Venice, California. There are even some "projects" near by.  I can remember when MDR was nothing but acres and acres and acres of beanfields.  But it's all is on the "Westside" of Los Angeles and can be really pricey in places.  Then, a block away, rents get reasonable - for Los Angeles anyway.  After I moved out of Culver City/ Los Angeles (2004) the owners rented my tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath house in Culver City for $2400 a month. I had been paying a whole lot less.

Edited by Skycatcher
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

I saw the Marina Del Rey address and initially did a double-take as well - but on closer examination I think the Marina Del Rey street address given was for the outfit providing the P. O. Box service, not their personal residence.

Pretty sure they wouldn’t be blasting their home address across the Internet - they’d never make it out the front door again.  :)

I figured that too, that it wasn't their home P.O. Box, but people usually rent a post office box that is nearest to their home, don't they?  I had one once and got it right down the street.  Either way, Southern California isn't cheap, especially if you don't have a job!

16 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

"That town" is really kind of small, bordering on several other towns including Culver City and Venice, California. There are even some "projects" near by.  I can remember when MDR was nothing but acres and acres and acres of beanfields.  But it's all is on the "Westside" of Los Angeles and can be really pricey in places.  Then, a block away, rents get reasonable - for Los Angeles anyway.  After I moved out of Culver City/ Los Angeles (2004) the owners rented my tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath house in Culver City for $2400 a month. I had been paying a whole lot less.

I used to live in Culver City too!  MUCH MUCH cheaper than at the Marina.  Yachts dock at Marina del Rey.

I just took the quiz and I am Kaitlyn!! She bugged me so much on the show - I have no idea why I am her. It's pretty funny since I am logical.

Ballsmashers was my favorite alliance.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I saw something somewhere about a P.O. Box where fans could write (send gifts) to Tangela and it was a Marina del Rey, California address.  An apartment or condo in Marina del Rey would cost a SHIT LOAD, trust me.  I know they just want to have fun with the money for now, and I don't blame them as I would too, but eventually they're going to have to both get jobs that pay very well to live in that zip code.  So, did Tyler go back to Hilton Head just to get his stuff then hit the West Coast?  Ah, young love.  I envy them this time.

Aren't they living in Angela's pre-BB place? Seems like she could afford it, just like Jessica had her Hollywood place before BB too.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I used to live in Culver City too!  MUCH MUCH cheaper than at the Marina.  Yachts dock at Marina del Rey.

Lived there most of my life,  graduated from Culver High in '66. Moved to FL  in 2004.

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Aren't they living in Angela's pre-BB place? Seems like she could afford it, just like Jessica had her Hollywood place before BB too.

Yea and she didn't even rent it out when she was on BB.  It was just empty for 3 months so she obviously has the money to live where ever it is. 

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Anyone find it weird when random people give BB house guests gifts? I know there are BB fanatics but the stuff Tyler and Angela have gotten seems ... expensive. Like people really spent money on them. 

I think it's weird too- like I get letters and stuff if you felt some sort of connection (I wouldn't do it- but I'm not going to bag on people that do- that's their prerogative) but I don't get sending them money and gift cards etc. 

What have they gotten? 

I did see on Twitter that a bunch of fans instead of sending them money and stuff they don't need they bought bracelets in Tyler & Angela's name from 4Ocean which help clean the Ocean's from plastic- which is one of Tyler's favorite charities- and one of the bracelets he wore all season long. 

I did see that Tyler & Angela are putting some of their Big Brother stuff up on eBay and donating all of the proceeds to various charities. 

• Love 1

Damn I've been out of the loop.  I went to IG right after this to see and was on a verified Amanda Zuckerman page and didn't notice a pregnant belly at all so that's why I asked.  After RandomWatcher confirmed it, I went back to her page, still no belly or mention.  Then I realized there's a verified Amanda Zuckerman that looks oddly similar to BB's Amanda.  Did another search and found the real Amanda, pregnant belly and all.  Duh.  

Not sure what exact gifts they got but Angela did an Instagram Live where she unboxed a bunch of presents from fans. Many seemed like housewarming gifts for Tyler who was moving in. I found that weird. I mean she has a place already that's furnished. And the gifts seemed more appropriate as a wedding registry than a gift for two people who met on a reality tv show.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Not sure what exact gifts they got but Angela did an Instagram Live where she unboxed a bunch of presents from fans. Many seemed like housewarming gifts for Tyler who was moving in. I found that weird. I mean she has a place already that's furnished. And the gifts seemed more appropriate as a wedding registry than a gift for two people who met on a reality tv show.

yea that's a little weird.  i get fan art and stuff like that... but actual gifts... that's weird. unless it's something you hear they liked on the feeds and they can't get it near them or something...  Like if Angela said "I was on vacation in florida once and they had the most amazing _______. I wish I could get that here in CA" and then a fan hears that, lives in Florida and goes and buys it for her and sends it. That I think I'm ok with. 

• Love 1

Sorry, but I just couldn't care less about any of these hookups or showmances or whatever you want to call them. Or who stays with who, or who breaks up with who. Or who had a baby. And it amazes me that people actually send them GIFTS? They're past season's House guests ferchrissakes. That's all.

Ok if you're interested in all that, but the only thing I kind of like to see are the pics. No more than that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

They've only done 2 Instagram Lives- one where they answered some questions while watching the first episode and then one over the weekend where they did an unboxing of both of their Big Brother boxes they got from CBS- which included props from some of the comps- clothing they got to wear during comps- they got their pillows they both used- their comic book cover etc. She hasn't done one where she opened up presents from fans. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

They've only done 2 Instagram Lives- one where they answered some questions while watching the first episode and then one over the weekend where they did an unboxing of both of their Big Brother boxes they got from CBS- which included props from some of the comps- clothing they got to wear during comps- they got their pillows they both used- their comic book cover etc. She hasn't done one where she opened up presents from fans. 

There was definitely a video (maybe an IG story?) where she opened up gifts from fans. I remember quite a few were "Tangela" artwork including a dream board.

Here's one link I found on twitter:

Edited by Growsonwalls
14 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

There was definitely a video (maybe an IG story?) where she opened up gifts from fans. I remember quite a few were "Tangela" artwork including a dream board.

Here's one link I found on twitter:

Yeah that's the only thing she's ever posted regarding something a fan sent her. Everything else was stuff from her Big Brother box. 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:33 PM, Artsda said:

16 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yea and she didn't even rent it out when she was on BB.  It was just empty for 3 months so she obviously has the money to live where ever it is. 

She said her parents were helping her pay for it and that she was probably not going to renew the lease so that she could travel. I think she said that before the showmance officially began…so maybe she plans to stay there now that they’re living together. Tyler did say over and over that he wanted to move here.

Does anyone know when they film the Amazing Race? I thought for sure that Tyler and Angela were a lock to be on the show, but they announced that they’re doing a meet and greet in Oct and Nov. I’m pretty sure Jess said that she and Cody had to leave for the Amazing Race like a week after BB ended so I wonder if Tyler and Angela weren’t invited on the show.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, RandomWatcher said:

I love them lol.

13 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

I hate that I find it cute that Alex and Kevin are there with him. They all suck!

29 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I also hate that I would consider buying this. In my defense, only if it was like $10!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also hate that I would consider buying this. In my defense, only if it was like $10!

I don't think I'd buy this from Rachel, mostly because I don't think it really stuck in my head enough.

However, if Brett and Rockstar decided to make shirts with infamous quotes from their fight ("DISGUSTING" "I CAN'T EVEN" "Then don't." "ON MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY" "Can you even own it?"), then I wouldn't hesitate.

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think I'd buy this from Rachel, mostly because I don't think it really stuck in my head enough.

However, if Brett and Rockstar decided to make shirts with infamous quotes from their fight ("DISGUSTING" "I CAN'T EVEN" "Then don't." "ON MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY" "Can you even own it?"), then I wouldn't hesitate.

I'm the exact opposite. Rachel's exit interview is my favorite thing that happened this season.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

You wish has come true today. 

3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Her photos on them kinda ruins them..... and not in a mean 'she's ugly' type of way but they'd be so much better if they were simple like the angela one. 

It looks cheesy and bad with her face plastered on them. All that's needed are the words. That looks more professional, anyway.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Summerday said:

She said her parents were helping her pay for it and that she was probably not going to renew the lease so that she could travel. I think she said that before the showmance officially began…so maybe she plans to stay there now that they’re living together. Tyler did say over and over that he wanted to move here.

Does anyone know when they film the Amazing Race? I thought for sure that Tyler and Angela were a lock to be on the show, but they announced that they’re doing a meet and greet in Oct and Nov. I’m pretty sure Jess said that she and Cody had to leave for the Amazing Race like a week after BB ended so I wonder if Tyler and Angela weren’t invited on the show.

I think what she meant by her parents are helping her pay- is that they were taking care of paying all of her stuff for her while she was gone as she couldn't do it herself since she was in the house. Not that they were actually paying out of their own pockets. 

They have already filmed the next season which I believe airs sometime at the beginning of next year- with Nicole/Victor, Janelle/Britney, Rachel/Elissa- they filmed that in June/July. 

If they were going to be on the season after that- I read that it will start filming sometime in November, going over Thanksgiving I read. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

You wish has come true today. 

For as much as I could. not. STAND. her on the show (obligatory: so I didn't), I really enjoy Rockstar's post-show social media. She's got a very entertaining rapport with the bros in particular. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think what she meant by her parents are helping her pay- is that they were taking care of paying all of her stuff for her while she was gone as she couldn't do it herself since she was in the house. Not that they were actually paying out of their own pockets. 

They have already filmed the next season which I believe airs sometime at the beginning of next year- with Nicole/Victor, Janelle/Britney, Rachel/Elissa- they filmed that in June/July. 

If they were going to be on the season after that- I read that it will start filming sometime in November, going over Thanksgiving I read. 

I disagree. It’s trivially easy to set up automatic payments with the bank so it would have been very simple to make rent payments via automatic payments when she was gone, probably even easier than her parents paying it from South Carolina. So, I think when she said they help her with the rent she meant they pay a portion of it. The rent on that place has to be sky high so it’s not at all surprising that she would need their help. But that's all in the past now that they’re both doing ads on Instagram...pretty soon they’ll have enough to rent a house and it probably won’t be too long before they can buy one.

Interesting info about the Amazing Race, thx. If there’s only one season of TAR airing in 2019, does it even make sense to have Tyler and Angela on for the 2020 season? Hardly anyone will even remember them 2 yrs from now...I mean, I maaaybe might barely sorta kinda remember Tyler two years from now, but I for sure won’t remember anything at all about Angela especially if they break up.

The first season of BB I ever watched was BB18 and I have to really think to remember anyone on that season besides Nicole, Paul and Victor. I remember Paul because he was on the show two seasons in a row and I remember Victor and Nicole only because just he proposed to her on the show. But, actually, during their season I really wanted him to win and was rooting for him. So I can’t imagine enough people remembering Tyler and Angela two years from now where it would make sense to put them on TAR airing in 2020.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

From Instagram, since Cody and Jessica are in California to get married and Mark and Elena are either guests or part of the wedding, Marlena is visiting  JC

I'm pretty sure Mark and Elena are just guests. They weren't part of the bachelor/ette joint party a couple of months back, which put a smile to my face since that must have crushed Elena inside.

Seriously, how is Mark still with Elena? She brings out the worst in him and she's perpetually miserable!

Meanwhile, Christmas' ex apparently found out about his son's birth through Instagram. According to him, he hasn't really been in contact with Christmas for months, missed the birth because he didn't arrange travel earlier than a few days before, and is upset that Loyal's last name isn't hyphenated with his. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm pretty sure Mark and Elena are just guests. They weren't part of the bachelor/ette joint party a couple of months back, which put a smile to my face since that must have crushed Elena inside.

Seriously, how is Mark still with Elena? She brings out the worst in him and she's perpetually miserable!

Meanwhile, Christmas' ex apparently found out about his son's birth through Instagram. According to him, he hasn't really been in contact with Christmas for months, missed the birth because he didn't arrange travel earlier than a few days before, and is upset that Loyal's last name isn't hyphenated with his. 

Love makes you stupid? *shrugs*

And if anyone is curious about how Raven is doing....yeah yeah I know...

5 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Love makes you stupid? *shrugs*

And if anyone is curious about how Raven is doing....yeah yeah I know...

Oh lord.  Was Raven raised on a dairy farm?  Because she’s milking this for all it’s worth.

• Love 10

I want to be disgusted by Raven but I just feel sad for her. After watching her all summer it was clear Mama Walton had some serious Munchausen-by-proxy issues and Raven was taught that her only worth in life was how many medical procedures she racked up. Her three months in the BB house might have been the happiest of her life as she was allowed to be who she was: a hearty young woman with a healthy sex drive. 

• Love 5