Type keyword(s) to search

Little Women: LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I forgot to mention that - can that girl ever get through an episode without falling on her face? I feel bad for her that she is so unco-ordinated. I've missed steps or the end of the escalator myself - but this happens on a weekly basis - the girl needs to wear knee pads, wrist bands and a helmet at all times. My concern is if she does get pregnant falling or falling while holding a baby.

I couldn't stop laughing at Terra's Where's Waldo outfit. To each their own but jeesh she dresses funny.

Thank you, it was driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out where I've seen her outfit before. :)
  • Love 1

I don't go to psychics, but it is because I have heard horror stories about people getting hooked on them and spending thousands of dollars.  It's not because I think they are evil other than that.   I fail to understand people who drink, have s*x with other guys (Tonya) while still married to her long distance husband, curse, call people awful names, be generally rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, selfish.... etc..... be so adamant about their Christian background in discussing a psychic.  That's usually reserved for fundies or Pentacostals who also think alcohol, movies and card games are evil.    Why go to New Orleans, the capital  of U.S. Voodoo, and Bourbon Street if you are going to all of a sudden be so conservative. 

• Love 7

I'm probably going to end up in the Tonya-Tracy-Eric-Christy version of hell for saying this but Tracy's face plant was pretty damn awesome.

That was THE highlight of this episode.  When the poor thing falls I'll laugh then I'll stop to think, "Maybe she has weakened legs and that's causing her clumsiness."  Then I'll laugh again.  Her unfortunate tripping incident was clogging up the escalator so badly that non-cast members had to jump into action.

There isn't anything new about the type of behavior that Tonya and the rest of that crew exhibited.  I've seen plenty of instances in life where some folks hold their own supernatural beliefs to be absolutely true and above reproach but will get ta clownin' on the supernatural beliefs of someone else as being untrue or devil-based or some such ridiculousness.

Christy was supposed to have shelled out her ducats for the stay but Tonya acted like she'd opened her wallet and could run things by telling Briana that she shouldn't talk about her trip to the fortune-telling joint.  And Todd, of all of the people in the room, pointed out that asking Briana to not open her mouth about her trip was the problem.

• Love 2

Seth Aaron Henderson won season seven of Project Runway. Emilio Sosa was second and Mila Hermanovskie and her incessant color blocking placed third.

As much as I wasn't crazy about Mila on PR, on this show I think she's reasonable, as well as right about the best direction for Elena's line.

• Love 1

I highly recommend reading this forum over watching the show--much of the amusement, none of the blood pressure spikes.  And you save so much darn time!  If you've seen the show enough to put faces to names, you're good to go.

Also works with Sister Wives.

• Love 3

I didn't laugh when Traci face planted, it was just too sad.   But, oh my God, when they went running out of the room like Brianna was unleashing the wrath of hell, Traci and Erik struggling, awkwardly running and flailing, I snickered a bit. 

• Love 3

All I have to say is this, if someone is self medicating with alcohol, that's a HUGE red flag. I completely agreed with Christy, Brianna is stuck in self defense mode and with a small child she needs to snap out of it.

• Love 2

I don't usually agree with these ladies sticking their noses where they don't belong, but I'm with them on this one. She's going to plan a life with a man that self medicates with alcohol, and is possessive of her. All I could think of during his proposal was that he was saying all of the things he thought she wanted to hear to land her. Yes, red flags all around Brianna! 

• Love 3

Not only that, but she's only been dating him long distance 3 months, isn't working outside of this show, was living with her parents, hasn't let him meet her daughter. His children live out of state - how will he afford to visit them very often? Every single one of her family/featured friends is concerned - she should listen

TLC is aiding and abetting him - paying his flights to be on the show, sizing the ring, etc. an engagement is not meant to be a reality show plot. Not with children involved.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

The red flag for me was when he wanted to go back to the house and go to bed without "rubbing the engagement in the their faces". I think he knows what the group thinks of him.

Then again I think it's all scripted reality but this episode was more like a soap opera.

• Love 2

Interesting how the group dynamics have now changed. Initially we had Brianna/Christy against everyone else..then we had Christy/Tonya/Tracy team up with the voodoo stuff with Elena and Terra falling on Brianna's side. Now we have Brianna against the group..

I get that Brianna didn't want Christy airing Matt's dirty laundry but in this case I didn't have a problem with it. I think Brianna is sweet, but she is thinking more with her heart here and not her head.

• Love 1

I can't believe y'all are seeing the cast members in all different shows. I've known that Terra has been in entertainment.  Wasn't she in a True Life? I just found out today that Joe was in Mini Kiss. That band used to crack my friend & I up. But I'm surprised Traci & Christy were in the industry 10 years ago.

Well, we're now onto a second spin off of this show. I posted a few weeks ago about Little Women: NY. But now, unfortunately, Terra and Joe are getting a spin-off.  It's going to be filmed in close to real time (like True Tori was) and it's just about the baby. Joe really bugs me. And I also have a limit with Terra too.

• Love 1

I don't think I'll bother watching Terra and Joe. Although Terra had a better spin this last episode of LW LA - it hasn't erased her other less pleasant episodes. I really can't stand Joe - so I may not watch even if I adored Terra. The spin off may be why Joe has changed his tune as far as the baby tho.

• Love 2

The thing is we see what production wants us to see. I don't believe in self medication but we don't know to what extent he does it. I'm also on the fence about Matt but he may truly love Brianna for the person she is inside and out - who are we to say. Is it a quick engagement - yes - but my husband and I were engaged 4 months after we met. My parents went ballistic - did not come to my wedding - nor talk to me for 1 1/2 yrs. Since I was still living at home - I went thru he double hockey sticks - but here we are 36 yrs later still together and my parents love him like a son - so you never know.

I was more upset with Joe's refusal to be civil to Todd. Here Todd and Christie set this whole thing up so Joe and Terra could see each other and if I was there - I would have told him what an ignorant little b he was - enjoying himself on someone else's dime and best intentions and here he couldn't even be civil.

The whole freak out about the voodoo stuff was embarrassing. Tracy put her fingers in her ears and ran. It was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen and I have watched episodes of Bad Girls Club.

I was surprised she didn't fall. How does anyone take that idiot seriously?

• Love 2

I know we see what producers want us to see but they keep showing us that Brianna's daughter hasn't met Matt. This part confuses me.   You haven't let your daughter meet him yet you say yes to marrying him?  If one person had bad feeling on him the I can see her being defensive but this whole group and her family does.  Red flags all over. It seems, for me, it's not the long distance thing.  His record and listening to Brianna talk about him. It seems alcohol is a part of his life. Yes people have that for sure but if he "has to have a drink" to manage then that seems to be a problem. If his pain can't be fixed by medication and alcohol is used what happens to the next step when alcohol doesn't work.  I think this is the part we don't see.  If I found out the guy I was seeing had pain issues that prescribed drugs didn't work and he used alcohol to help I would see that as a red flag because of my daughter.  No way would I continue on.  What's the next step after alcohol?  Mean or not.  Again, we saw what production let us see but I think this was a red flag on him.

I'm not one who believes in the tarot cards or any psychic but the girls should have just said No thank you Brianna, I don't believe in that.  No need for a scene to be made. Appreciate someone thinking of you and doing it but have the same appreciation in telling them no thank you for doing that.   Why is that so hard for some.

Edited by Crucial
  • Love 3

The thing is we see what production wants us to see. I don't believe in self medication but we don't know to what extent he does it. I'm also on the fence about Matt but he may truly love Brianna for the person she is inside and out - who are we to say. Is it a quick engagement - yes - but my husband and I were engaged 4 months after we met. My parents went ballistic - did not come to my wedding - nor talk to me for 1 1/2 yrs. Since I was still living at home - I went thru he double hockey sticks - but here we are 36 yrs later still together and my parents love him like a son - so you never know.

I was more upset with Joe's refusal to be civil to Todd. Here Todd and Christie set this whole thing up so Joe and Terra could see each other and if I was there - I would have told him what an ignorant little b he was - enjoying himself on someone else's dime and best intentions and here he couldn't even be civil.

I feel differently in regards to Briana. I had a fast engagement too (high five from me to you!), my husband and I met in August and were engaged by that same Christmas. However, I was single, truly single with no child. Briana is a divorcee with a little girl at home. Before she said yes, making sure Matt fit into the family dynamic she and Leiana have should be at the utmost importance. And when is she going to intro him to Leif? I recall her being (rightfully) upset when Leif did not intro his new girlfriend. The other parent should always get to have the chance to check out the person thats going to be around their child. When you have a kid, that flying by the seat of your pants lifestyle should stop.

I blame Beyonce for this "put a ring on it" phenomenon lol. You get engaged to someone because you could marry them today but you're saving money for a wedding or a house or getting all of your affairs together, not because you like it and don't want anyone else to come around lol.

• Love 2

Ok....so I may be the only one thinking this...but every time I see Terra and Joe together...I think WTF?

Im tall, 5 9, and just cant bring myself to date someone shorter than me...I just dont want to feel like a giant toad next to my dude...yes Im still single..lol

Anyhoo....

Seems like it wouldnt be too hard for Terra to find a dude that doesnt "dwarf" her..lol

Plus, hes a complete dick...so whats the attraction?

She appears to be about twice his size, in height AND weight....just so weird to me

Little Women NY...Im so IN

lila had me at "oh Kill me"

Lol

I give Joe a pass on that one. He doesn't like Todd or Christy, and he's chosen not to pretend other wise. Since it's known that in the end production pays for these trips I don't think Joe felt he owed it to them to accept their apologies and move on. Childish on his part, but I don't tie that up to the trip that Todd and Christy couldn't afford. 

Loved Lila and time to meet new characters and new drama. I'm sure in real life they're all great people and not as portrayed on the show but the only one I still like from the beginning is Elena and Brianna. Never cared for Tracy or Terra, and used to love Tonya and dislike Christie - now it's the complete opposite. The show will still be forcing the baby angle and the Matt / Brianna pairing. Of what someone says is true and Terra and Joe are getting theor own show - we won't be seeing much of them so I wonder if they'll introduce someone new.

For me there's something fake about the Matt/Briana relationship. It seems like she's reading from a script (and not doing it very well). I know these shows are suppose to be scripted but it's more than that. Even their feelings for each other seem fake to me.

So Christy and Tracy are best friends again? Jeesh. I'm getting whiplash from the BFF-go-round.

I've known several alcoholics in my life and Christy reminds me of them. They all thought if someone had more than one beer they were alcoholics. Of course she's been around Matt and I haven't but it doesn't seem to me he has a problem.

• Love 1

Newly engaged Briana is bombarded by her friends' concerns after Terra, Tonya and Traci take it upon themselves to do a background check on her new fiancé. Their shocking finds are too much for Briana to handle, and she struggles to decide whether or not her relationship is strong enough to withstand his past record. Elena's clothing line for both average size and little people starts to take shape, but as people start questioning her vision at the photo shoot, the pressure could prove to be more than she can handle. And as Terra's pregnant belly grows bigger each day, Traci and Tonya's attempt to throw her a magical baby shower turns into a rainy nightmare.

I feel Briana did the smart thing. Matt was probably lying about there being no charges for the things he did. Even if he told the truth I think he had to do something to get arrested for domestic violence. The bankruptcy was a big red flag too. I don't know who said it but I agree that he could be looking for a place to live. It could be why he was moving so fast.

So Terra's getting her own show...hmmm. i don't think I'll be tuning in. Not sure I'll be watching the NY show either. The previews looked boring.

I really don't like Tonya. I hate to use the word but she seems like a bully. I'm surprised she went along with Tracy's shower idea because it seems like it's her way or no way.

• Love 1

Now that the women brought up the fact that Matt filed for bankruptcy not too long ago, I am more convinced than ever that he is only dating Briana for two reasons: 1) he's an opportunist, and 2) he does have a fetish for little people.  Point #1 is because here Briana is starring in a hit reality show (by Lifetime's standards, at least) probably making decent bank, so of course he's going to see dollar signs and fame. She doesn't seem to have a regular job, so how the hell else would she be able to move her and her daughter into a condo without a steady paycheck.  The show, of course.  Which brings me to point #2, because I really, really do believe he is the same guy that was dating another little person featured on MTV's "True Life: I'm a Little Person", which I mentioned in another episode thread.  Of course, I still can't find anything online to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure it's him at this point.  In the "break up" scene at the restaurant, it looked like even though Briana was visibly upset, he only tried to look upset, but could barely squeeze out a tear.

I am curious as to what the deal really is between them because up until one or two episodes ago, Matt was still very active on Twitter, especially with Briana.  They were even being really lovey dovey with each other.  Funny because this was all clearly taking place after they filmed their breakup, so they were at least on good terms.  But now all of a sudden, his Twitter account is gone (or inactive).  Hmmm.

• Love 3

Not to stand up for Matt, because there's clearly some issues with him, but my husband had a false DV case filed against him when his ex didn't get what she wanted in a nasty custody battle.  Even though it was dropped, it's still on record on the internet.  Sometimes people make false accusations to get back at someone or to try and gain leverage in a custody or divorce case.

But my question is how does he have all this money to travel back and forth?  Was the show paying for it?

But my question is how does he have all this money to travel back and forth?  Was the show paying for it?

Just like production footed the bill for Christy and Todd's trip to New Orleans. Nothing really happened this season. Aside from the usual arguments and shadiness. Terra announcing her pregnancy really wasn't that interesting (at least not to me). There was an angle there with Brianna's relationship with Matt. Him being wherever he lives doesn't really help that storyline, out of sight, out of mind. So, lets fly him out to California and have some kind of drama. 

I didn't believe for a moment, that the three T's took it upon themselves to 'investigate' Matt. More like, production gave the information to Terra, and wanted her along with Sour Puss Traci and Tonya to confront Brianna with it. Even those moments were a dud because Brianna is such a meek pushover. Not one to raise her voice or get it anyone's face.  

• Love 2
Is the baby a 'little person ?

Taylorh2, from the picture I saw of them with the baby (I think it might've been a People magazine article online), I'm pretty sure she is an achon like Terra.  Sure looks like an achon.

Briana wants to be Bonnie to Matt's Clyde.  Did she not see how that movie ended?   :-)

Haha, I thought the same exact thing, walnutqueen! Why would you pick a couple of violent criminals?  Oh, maybe it's fitting because he already has a rap sheet.  :P  Speaking of which, I did consider the fact that the DV arrest could've been a result of someone vindictive like Trampolina pointed out.  But I just don't buy it.  Every red flag they brought up seems to have to do with bars and fighting and, thus, drinking, so the alcoholism as a potential problem rings more and more true (so I'm betting the DV incident was fueled by alcohol, too).

• Love 2

Came across this article with Matt trying to "explain" his arrest record:  http://starcasm.net/archives/310117  Hm, not sure what to say about some of it without opening a whole other can of worms, so I'll leave it at that.

Then there's this article with a spoiler as to whether or not Briana and Matt are still together:  http://starcasm.net/archives/309862  Since this article contains a spoiler like I said, I'll put what I have to say about this article under spoiler tags just to be safe:  

I call bullshit on his claims that "production was hellbent" on breaking them up.  Why would production want them to break up?  Cause some drama behind the scenes?  Maybe.  I mean, I might believe that they helped facilitate the background check that the girls did, but that doesn't necessarily mean they wanted them to break up.  Then he claims the usual "reality TV is not real, it was edited to make me look bad, blah, blah."  Then you know what?  I will be more inclined to believe his "true love" for Briana if he decides to stay the hell off of the show.  If he is so upset about how production edited him, then he should know better than to sign up for more appearances on the show.  Same with Briana.  I know their relationship is part of her actual life, which is what the show is supposed to feature, but let's see just how long Matt sticks around if she decides that their relationship is more important than a show and to prove to everyone he is the real deal.  No show means no fame and no big money.  I bet things won't be so rosey between them without the cameras.

• Love 4
Anyone know what is Matt's job?

Professional moocher, of course, 4leafclover! ;)  Honestly, I have no idea, but I'm curious, too.  Whatever it is, it is tough to find the same kind of employment in LA according to Briana.  Then again, I believe it would be tough to find a job that allows the personal out-of-state travel and days off on a moments notice that this show obviously requires.  (Take note, Matt:  Erik and Preston are dedicated enough to their jobs to work instead of taking time off to film every single time production wants them.)

• Love 1

Well I'll be the one on the outside, when average sized men and women date - little people- people view it as unusual - but love is love. Tonya's last flings were both normal sized men and no one is making a stink about that. I've also had a window in a door break when it was opened too quickly and with force - there was no malicious intent - the spring mechanism that stops it from opening all the way was broken and the door swung back hitting a solid wall. I also know of a male accused and charged with domestic abuse that was totally false. Charges were dropped after witnesses supported his version of the situation so Matt's story may well be true.

This is Matt's explanation from Starcasm.  It sounds like something that could happen and since prosecutors tend to really go after domestic violence, it makes sense that he was not at fault if it was dropped.   hope it's okay to post it here. 

A woman I was dating spent the night drinking and she passed out in her bathroom. When I woke her up, she began shoving me into the wall screaming and yelling at me, almost making no sense. I tried for over 15 minutes to get out of the bathroom. Finally I was able to get around her to get out of the bathroom. I was grabbing my things to leave her house when she said “I’m going to call the police, you just tried to kill me.”

I stopped dead in my tracks, I turned and said “what, I haven’t touched you. Why would you say something like that?” She continued to threaten me for another 10 minutes, and finally she told me “just get the f*** out of my house.” I grabbed my things and opened the door. The neighbors had called the police. I told them what had happened, however I was arrested even though I had never put my hands on her, it was me hitting the bathroom wall that the neighbors had heard because of her shoving me.

Every professional that laid eyes on the police report could not understand why I was arrested or why I was charged. There is an unspoken rule, or so I’ve been told, that if police respond to a domestic violence call, someone goes to jail. I’m not sure of the validity of that rule, but in this case that someone was me. Even though I was sober, she was drunk, and there were NO signs of abuse at all.

After all was said and done, the charges were dropped and I have a clean background check, which is evident because of the job I have. A few days before this incident I was informed that the woman I was dating had multiple warrants out for her arrest, was still legally married, and had quite a lengthy legal history. The reason I was at her house that night is because she invited me to “explain” the things I had found out.

I have been up front and honest with Briana about my background from day one. It is true I have an “arrest” record; I do not have a “criminal” record because both charges were dropped and I have never been found guilty of a crime other than traffic violations. I take domestic violence very seriously and think that it should be prosecuted [when] it actually happens. It was one of the most horrible experiences of my life to be accused of something so heinous; however I know the truth and can hold my head high knowing that I did not commit any crime towards her.

I was informed by professionals that 12% of men arrested for Domestic Violence were actually the victims, however there is not really a support system and very few advocates for these men. Sadly I am now and forever part of that 12% but it definitely made me more aware of the people I choose to have around me.

Tramp - I agree with you - I too know of someone accused and charged with DV. Even though witnesses said the accusation was false - the police still had to charge him to the nature of the accusation. Charges were dropped when the witnesses appeared in court before judge but the charge remains on his record and because of that he will not be hired by any police dept - so years of schooling went out the door due to a false accusation.

And to the others - it's reality TV - production is going to ramp up and focus on those charges. They are going to make it seem like he drinks too much while in almost every scene you see everyone but Christie with a glass of wine in their hand - even Terra before she got pregnant. Sorry but when the girls and I get together at someone's house - it's usually coffee, tea or pop for a beverage - we might have drinks when we go out but not at a get together at someone's house unless the spouses are along.

• Love 1

Interesting...Matt's explanation in the article about what happened with the charges has been "removed by request".  Me thinks he's a sneaky snake!

There's baby news about Terra but I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not.  I'll spoiler it just in case.  

On Monday Terra gave birth to a baby girl and her name is Penelope.  The article said all are doing well but didn't mention dwarfism.

While Matt's version of events may be some or even mostly true, I'd still have an issue with it, particularly if I had a child. It shows that he has poor judgment in who he chooses to surround himself with and the extent to which alcohol has a negative impact in his life as evidenced by being involved in these incidents which both included alcohol. I don't know of anyone who has been arrested not once but twice, even innocently. It is indicative of a problem on his part imo. I don't really feel that sorry for him unless he has chosen to cut those people out of his life and reduce his drinking to a light to moderate amount in mature social situations occasionally.

• Love 2

WickedTuna, to address what's in your spoiler, I suppose I'll spoiler tag this, too, just to be on the safe side... 

Although the article didn't mention if the baby had dwarfism or not, I'm about 99.9% sure she has achondroplasia just like Terra.  The baby looks totally like an achon (notice the characteristically large head) in the picture in the online People article (you'll have to Google it since the spoiler tag won't keep the article link within the spoiler tag for some reason).

Edited by LIGirl