Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: The Key – Pre-Air Speculation And Live Chat

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Hilltop's leadership faces a difficult dilemma after the arrival of unexpected visitors. 

People are still visiting, and without even sending an arrow message or microwave letter first? Haven't they heard there's "all out war" going on and that none of the guest rooms have windows?

• Love 5

After a hearty celebration of St Patrick's Day, I came here last night and was so disappointed that no one was posting anything about this episode, and everyone must have really quit watching TWD.  An hour later I realized it was Saturday, not Sunday.  lol 

• Love 10

Tonight on The Walking Dead:    Rick and Michonne enter the Hilltop.   Maggie expresses angst and joy and then anger and gravitas in an over-the-top fake southern accent and cups her non-existent baby bump (and also threatens anyone who will take her doctor away).   Rick's hair is dripping vast amounts of moisture down his face.   Michonne continues to be underutilized, sigh.   Carol runs around wearing non-protective old skater gear, thereby making sure everyone remembers her as a Kingdom citizen and not as a formerly bad-ass killer of crazy kids and wicked zombies.

Daryl grunts something like "cantcuthair" and "contract".  Like Father Gabriel, Daryl is going blind, but due to his hair.

Tara appears again in a major story line, reminding us that her Scientology crazy-cult must have some wicked blackmailing material on every writer.   

Negan wears his black leather jacket and a hankerchief jauntily tied around his neck, talking "dirty" like a fourth grade boy.

episode ends with a flash forward of Rick, sitting under the tree o' dreams, clutching his bleeding side.   

Edited by EllipticalAddicted
  • Love 16

Face to Face with an adversary = more worthless talk wars between Rick and Negan.  So glad I don't care about this show any more (at least until whenever this Savior arc is mercifully over and done with).

If the F2F is what I guessed above, somebody could be extremely gracious and provide the complete dialogue between Rick & Negan, and I'd beg them to please not bother.  Instead of my ears bleeding, it'd be my eyes.

• Love 2

I might try to join you all here tonight. I'm pretty bad at live stream commenting, but I care so little about the show now that i am willing to try!

Since it is the only entertainment I get from it now, I am determined to try to enjoy hate watching the former favourite show.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Tonight on The Walking Dead:    Rick and Michonne enter the Hilltop.   Maggie expresses angst and joy and then anger and gravitas in an over-the-top fake southern accent and cups her non-existent baby bump (and also threatens anyone who will take her doctor away).   Rick's hair is dripping vast amounts of moisture down his face.   Michonne continues to be underutilized, sigh.   Carol runs around wearing non-protective old skater gear, thereby making sure everyone remembers her as a Kingdom citizen and not as a formerly bad-ass killer of crazy kids and wicked zombies.

Daryl grunts something like "cantcuthair" and "contract".  Like Father Gabriel, Daryl is going blind, but due to his hair.

Tara appears again in a major story line, reminding us that her Scientology crazy-cult must have some wicked blackmailing material on every writer.   

Negan wears his black leather jacket and a hankerchief jauntily tied around his neck, talking "dirty" like a fourth grade boy.

episode ends with a flash forward of Rick, sitting under the tree o' dreams, clutching his bleeding side.   

Do you have some special connections that you know exactly what we're in for tonight? Because that sounds right on to me. Gotta add we'll see Maggie striding around with her serious "Grumpy Cat" frown too. I always wondered why she had an Elly Mae Clampett accent but her father and sister didn't. Oh, well.

Are we also going to get Jesus returning empty-handed because he screwed up again, yet insisting the prisoner Neganites get food and access to all amenities because he's taking over for Morgan, who could be still in his Kill 'em All phase so someone has to pick up the torch for the "Love One Another Right Now" hot potato thing ("your turn!)? Will Morgan and Jesus face off again with Stick vs. Kung Fu over the coddling of the POWs?

Maybe Rick will return to the junk yard to look for the pics of him in his underwear, cuz he doesn't want THAT getting around. I don't blame him, actually. Pretty damned embarassing.

And of course Negan will threaten someone while turned sideways, smirking, sliding his tongue out and bending his knees.

1 hour ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

To paraphrase Tony Soprano, what Negan finds funny is what a 10-year old boy finds funny. Piss-pants, shit-pants, balls, big dick, jerk off, I'm hard - how iconic and hilarious.

God, I can't wait!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I can't help but wonder if every time JDM gets a new TWD episode script and sees his dialogue, he isn't mentally groaning & kicking himself.  "WTF was I thinking in taking this role!?"

Oh, well, at least I get an interesting arc with Carl...wait, WHAT??

• Love 10
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I can't help but wonder if every time JDM gets a new TWD episode script and sees his dialogue, he isn't mentally groaning & kicking himself.  "WTF was I thinking in taking this role!?"

I've always had good will towards him as an actor but I find him so irritating in this part it makes me dislike him, so I wonder that too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Jeff's head is a bit swole now, this show got him acting like a Rock star.

JMO. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I've always had good will towards him as an actor but I find him so irritating in this part it makes me dislike him, so I wonder that too.

I can't hate JDM, even over this role.

But Negan?  To try and illustrate my feelings about him;  if this were the Star Wars universe, I'd already be the Almighty God of the Sith because of all the hatred I hold against him.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CletusMusashi said:

I imagine Negan is actually a lot of fun to play. To listen to, not so much...

I think the show's creators think Negan's speeches are equivalent to Jack Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth!" or Pacino in Scent of a Woman "I'm just getting warmed up..." when in reality his speeches go over like a lead balloon.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I imagine Negan is actually a lot of fun to play. To listen to, not so much...

I agree.  I can't stand to listen to him but it's probably fun to chew so much scenery, speechify and all that.  I bet JDM is having a good time with the character.  Unlike me.

• Love 5

You know what I want to see?  Where everyone goes to get their leather jackets, boots, tight pants and all that.  Was there a mall raid?  A motorcycle shop raid?  I want to know.

• Love 11

I guess I'm really desensitized now. Hubby and I are making lasagna right now, and my only thought at the collection of walker guts was... "Oh, more meat sauce!"  

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

Short on ammo, yet still no shortage of gasoline (which goes bad after about a year, by the way.

The beer should also be about at the end of its shelf life, no?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shanndee said:

I guess I'm really desensitized now. Hubby and I are making lasagna right now, anomy only thought at the collection of walker guts was... "Oh, more meat sauce!"  

Did you get the meat from Jadis, after her hard work last week?

• Love 6

No matter how many watermelon martinis I down tonight (I know they're not real martinis but dammit they're tasty and they do the trick!) I am still astounded that Negan has lasted this long. He's one-note and dull and with the exception of last season's finale and the episodes he's not in he's dragged the the last two seasons down.

• Love 5

I am very angry about this new "infectious" guts situation.  That was THE question in Episode One, when they were world-building. 

"Does it require an actual chomp, or is contact with effluvia sufficient to infect you?"

They picked a lane, and NOW they want to change that?

UNACCEPTABLE.

Hmmph.  I'm already pissy and we're not even past the credits.  (And I'm behind 32 posts since I started writing this.)

• Love 19