Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Zak & Garrett

Tara Ariano

The most annoying thing about this episode other then the once again, Mrs.-BoringInsecureAttentionseekingNev. 

was how dramatic they made it seem that Garrett was known as Gary to friends/family not Garrett. 

I’ve always known my husband as Jimmy,but I wasn’t dumbfounded at family/work events that he is Known as James.

This show is on it’s last leg if someone’s nickname is a shock factor. 

Happy both guys were who they said they were,very cute couple! 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 4

So, even if Laura isn’t there, Nev is going to update us as to what she’s doing? Now Max’s wife is on the show, why didn’t they just make the wives “executive producers” & let them get paid that way instead of making us see them on the show.

Other than that, this episode was boring.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GaT said:

So, even if Laura isn’t there, Nev is going to update us as to what she’s doing? Now Max’s wife is on the show, why didn’t they just make the wives “executive producers” & let them get paid that way instead of making us see them on the show.

Other than that, this episode was boring.

I’m not sure why their wives are included into these “investigations” or the FaceTime chats this season that have nothing to do with the show.

Why should we give a shit about their married lives, keep it private. That’s the problem with people these day’s,everyone shares every detail of their lives, nothing is private, they think their lives are so interesting.

I think it’s a good chance that soon Catfish will be canceled & they will have their version of Keeping Up with the Kardashians 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, GaT said:

why didn’t they just make the wives “executive producers” & let them get paid that way instead of making us see them on the show.

That would cost a lot more, and it looks like they're already trying to save money by having people come to them rather than fly the guys and a crew everywhere.

• Love 2

-So only when Nev's wife is busy does Priscila get to come by work, 6 episodes in. We'll likely not see her again. Surprised Nev didn't use the show's budget to go fly to where Mrs. Nev is. Such restraint. Priscila seemed like a very casual viewer that hasn't seen much . Never would have portuguessed that Max has a double life language wise. Hope the Max lusters don't get jealous.

-The wavy hair is also a cliche. Not sure the alter ego is such a great idea, but I guess he must've been pretty flattered by the dick pics if he didn't bail with that.

-Even I have two Facebook accounts. If something isn't sketchy, they proceed to wring out pretend sketchiness anyways to keep people invested through the filler. #HalfHourCatfishorNoCatfish

-Now for the scene where Zak has edgy sadness so that they can advertise a song over it.

-Cleo is trying hard to take mommy's attention away. Cleo is the hero of today's Catfish.

-Convenient that Olga what'sherface is picking him up when Nev and Max usually split up to handle a task like this.

-"I guess we wait". Longer than usual since we're at the 50 minute mark.

-Zak's internet profile shenanigans definitely outweigh man candy Gary having a family page. Surprised this Catfish story wasn't flipped.

-Cutesy story accomplished. "Nev, you can't ask that". What an unusual buffer of Nev's romanticism. Wonder how much of it'll he make me gag with though on Valentine's Day.

• Love 3

The one thing I liked about this episode was that there was zero pretense about the use of AirBNB. Still not sure why Zac merited a house rather than a room at the Holiday Inn like Mary, but at least the house wasn't passed off like some friend's house or other BS.

• Love 1

We’ve seen Max’s wife a few seasons ago. She seems more interesting then nev’s wife,she has a life outside of her husband,with a career that she often travels for and her own hobbies & friends which is good. They both have things going on outside of only being married. They look so genuine & happy when ever we’ve seen them. Not in a forced fake way either. Hell i probably would watch a Max & Priscilla show. I’d at least give it a chance. 

Nev not so much

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 3

I didn't mind seeing Max's wife because it's rare occasion, unlike Laura who is now on every.single.episode.  I also loved that Max and his wife only speak Portuguese and the "I'm a big boy" was hilarious.  

I didn't really understand Garrett.  He said something like he didn't want to disappoint Zak and that's why he kept the room dark when the facetime'd, but Zak was seeing all kinds of pictures- which Garrett looked exactly like.  It wasn't like he was using fake pictures or photoshopped the hell out of them.  I guess it was just immaturity.  I wonder if they'll be disappointed when they realize that they both had fake accounts with fake personalities?  Probably not, since those personalities would be exhausting to actually live with or deal with on a daily basis.  They seem to compliment each other.   

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Lizzing said:

The one thing I liked about this episode was that there was zero pretense about the use of AirBNB. Still not sure why Zac merited a house rather than a room at the Holiday Inn like Mary, but at least the house wasn't passed off like some friend's house or other BS.

And he went to a Pilates class! Was he in LA long enough to open a gym membership?

It was indeed strange that they rented him a house in a neighborhood. If I had to travel to do a Catfish ep, I'd want to be in a hotel near restaurants/attractions/etc so I'd have something to do during the downtime.

• Love 2
On 2/8/2018 at 10:59 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

That would cost a lot more, and it looks like they're already trying to save money by having people come to them rather than fly the guys and a crew everywhere.

I've never understood why they didn't just have the victim email them the info.  Maybe they do, when they're deciding whether to do a story.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:08 PM, Lizzing said:

Still not sure why Zac merited a house rather than a room at the Holiday Inn like Mary, but at least the house wasn't passed off like some friend's house or other BS.

Well it doubled as a hotel and meeting place, so it was probably cheaper in the long run. 
I missed the airport scenes, but can see why they don't want to travel all the time.
The first thing I'd have asked Garrett, was how old he was, and show proof.

I thought this episode was half dull, half confusing. It just didn't make sense to me why Garrett wouldn't show his face. I don't understand why the unfaithful long-distance relationship guy (who apparently came to Kansas without a problem) was so mad that he hacked Garrett's FB account (and did what? No one ever said). If all this made Garrett hesitant to get involved, well, you sure couldn't tell from his actions. He was quick to say he loved Zac but couldn't allow him to come to Kansas? Huh?

As usual, the best questions were the ones they didn't ask. How old was Garrett? What does Zac do for a living? What do their families think after watching the show? I feel like this was another episode of people using the show to pay for them to meet. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I think their attraction and attachment to each other was real, and I think all the rest was a bunch of bull.

• Love 3

New show: Mrs. Nev and Mrs. Max are the new Catfish hosts but Mrs. Max only communicates in Portuguese. We get the subtitled comments such as "Mrs Nev is an idiot. Why do I put up with this nonsense?" and such. 

Also, Hulu stopped updating the show a while back so I haven't actually seen Mrs. Nev on the new episodes. I can't attest to everyone's annoyance with her yet, but I'll take your word for it. 

Anyone else think this show is kind of boring when it all works out? 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ForReal said:

I thought this episode was half dull, half confusing. It just didn't make sense to me why Garrett wouldn't show his face. I don't understand why the unfaithful long-distance relationship guy (who apparently came to Kansas without a problem) was so mad that he hacked Garrett's FB account (and did what? No one ever said). If all this made Garrett hesitant to get involved, well, you sure couldn't tell from his actions. He was quick to say he loved Zac but couldn't allow him to come to Kansas? Huh?

I think all this confusion is because they've touted this season's shows as having double twists, or some such.
Here's a double twist I want to see.  
The catfish is really Mrs. Nev, who's bored.

• Love 9

I'm as cynical as the next person, but damn if this wasn't the cutest episode ever. Nev was cute, Max was cute (in English & Portuguese), Mrs. Max was cute, Zak was cute, Garrett was cute, Zak & Garrett are cute & little Cleo is beyond cute. Not even Mrs. Nev could ruin it.

• Love 4

I’m glad it all worked out for them, but Garrett’s reasoning for ghosting Zak and having the darkened FaceTime sessions seemed sketch. It definitely felt like a faux catfish setup to get the show to pay for the meet up trip as well as for Zak to promote his online persona/YouTube channel or whatever online thing he does to make money. The episode was a bit boring, but kinda nice to have a real happy ending for a change. They both seemed into each other and not super creepy so that’s a plus. I’ve stopped watching the episodes live so I can fast forward through all the Mrs Nev stuff. It’s the only way to continue to watch. 

• Love 6